Thread: Girls Aloud

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat December 11th, 2010, 16:00

She was amazing
    Kimberley has always been my favourite member, she is so lovely. But vocally, I always thought she could not compete with Nadine, Nicola and Sarah but she sounded brilliant in that performance. The song really fits her voice.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat December 11th, 2010, 16:21

Quote Originally Posted by UKMusicLova
    Kimberley performed "Hate That I Love You" with Ne-Yo on his One Night Stand program!

This girl doesn't get enough credit for her vocals! She sounded absolutely stunning! She has the most beautiful tone and she nailed the big note! She can definitely sing better than Cheryl.
    I think we all know she can sing from her breathtaking performance on Les Miserables She actually got me on tears with her episode
    B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat December 11th, 2010, 17:02

I cried at her episode of Passions, her version of 'On My Own' was decent but shakey in places.

She sounded brilliant with Ne-Yo though! The underrated gem of Girls Aloud.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu December 23rd, 2010, 15:00

Sarah is going to be the new presenter of Dating In The Dark!

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun December 26th, 2010, 14:58

Good on ya Kimba!
    Nice to see her striking out on her own and getting some vocals that sit comfortably in her range (she's "the harmony girl" of G.A).
    She's performing with Aggros soon as well so it's Kimba EXPLOSION!!!
    There were rumours of her doing a solo album to but I think that's just someone messing around on Wikkipedia.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri January 21st, 2011, 16:35

Kimberley took over Fascination's twitter account for some chatting yesterday and said some nice things, like:

do not worry, we definitely have NOT split up!! We promise we'll be back!
    She also said Sound Of The Underground, Call The Shots and Love Machine her favourite GA songs and The Promise her favourite video.
    She also went to see Cheryl twice during her supporting act for the Black Eyed Peas.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri January 21st, 2011, 17:27

"The promise they made, promise they made. Started to fade, started to fade"

j/k but if Kimba says they haven't split then I'll get my hopes up for a new GA album in 2012!

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri January 21st, 2011, 17:59

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    "The promise they made, promise they made. Started to fade, started to fade"

j/k but if Kimba says they haven't split then I'll get my hopes up for a new GA album in 2012!
    Lol

She also said that they are always messaging each other. I wonder if that also includes Nadine?

I'm totally obsessed with them again at the moment! Swinging London Town is just epic.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri January 21st, 2011, 18:10

Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    She also said that they are always messaging each other. I wonder if that also includes Nadine?
    Highly unlikely, they probably don't even have her phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    I'm totally obsessed with them again at the moment! Swinging London Town is just epic.
    Definitely one of the best ever Girls Aloud songs - listen to it with a great base, you have to really listen to the song as well to appreciate it. Pop masterpiece.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun January 23rd, 2011, 08:15

And I didn't even like Swinging London Town when I first got Chemistry years ago Everyone was obsessed with it and I really didn't understand all the hype.

Chemistry is definitely their best album, it's so unique and brilliant.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed January 26th, 2011, 04:12

After all of the girls go into a solo career and have at least one flop single/album (at first, Nadine will have several compared to the rest of the girls), then they can get back together as the fabulous fivesome and dominate the UK as they usually have (disregarding the unmentionable, flop-tastic 'Untouchable').

And when they re-release their highly anticipated comeback album after the initial edition breaks all UK records (selling 10,000,000 copies in its first two weeks of release), an album containing each of the seven UK #1 hits, they will finally embark on a worldwide rampage and conquer America after much heavy interest, having all of their previous five studio albums released simultaneously and occupying the Billboard Top 5 in succession. It is only when Nadine, unexpectedly, makes the shocker move of leaving the band in the midst of all their success for the opportunity of continuing her earlier solo ambitions, and thus proving to win a place in America's heart while the UK continues to snub her expertise as a solo artist (adding 17 Grammys and 24 US #1 record-breaking hit singles in total throughout her outstanding career).

This might happen eventually.
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun January 30th, 2011, 09:17

Lol That made me laugh.

I seriously dreamt about them last night though! That I read an interview with Kimberley in which she confirmed they were recording a new song together which was going to be amazing. Then I went to UKMix and made a topic about it. And then I woke up and realised it was all a dream :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 1st, 2011, 19:27

I hope I have a delusional Girls Aloud dream soon too.

Seriously though, if they ever release an album they'll release one as good as Chemistry or Tangled Up. Pure pop perfection!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 6th, 2011, 21:00

Words from the horse's mouth:

Girls Aloud Won't Officially End

Kimberley Walsh has admitted she doesn't think Girls Aloud - who have been on hiatus since September 2009 - will ever officially announce their split but she does think they will tour again one day.

Girls Aloud will never "officially break up".

Kimberley Walsh - who is joined in the band by Nicola Roberts, Sarah Harding, Cheryl Cole and Nadine Coyle - insists the group will tour again, despite them being on hiatus since September 2009, but admits she doubts they will ever officially announce the demise of the 'Love Machine' hitmakers.

She said: "I don't think we'll ever officially break up, to be honest.

"It'll be more a case of having breaks to go out and do little things we want to do, then coming back again. We'll definitely tour again. We're a live act; that's where we come into our own."

Kimberley admits the attention she receives for being in the spotlight can be tough but she feels more protective of bandmate Cheryl - who is also a judge on UK TV talent show 'The X Factor' - because the interest in the 'Promise This' singer is so much more.

She added in an interview with Cosmopolitan magazine: "It's much worse for Cheryl because of the height of publicity around her, and I do feel a little protective.

"I don't like the fact she's so trapped sometimes, trying to go out and about.

"There's not a great deal you can do about it but it frustrates me. Everyone deserves a little bit of freedom and she doesn't even have that."
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... nd_1198538

Long live Girls Aloud.
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 6th, 2011, 23:12

Sarah Harding is reportedly recording tracks with DJ Roger Sanchez.

The Girls Aloud star has spent time in the studio working on songs with the Grammy Award-winning producer for her upcoming album, the News of the World reports.

The singer is rumoured to be releasing a solo LP this year and apparently wants an "edgy" sound, similar to Lady GaGa.

The report adds that the news makes a Girls Aloud reunion even more unlikely as each group member focuses on individual projects.

Harding features on Sanchez's new single '2Gether' with Far East Movement, which is released March 20. She also stars in the track's music video.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 6th, 2011, 23:35

Definitely nice to see Sarah doing some stuff. I'd be interested to hear what sort of music she comes up with.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 7th, 2011, 12:10

I want GA to be a band with every single member releasing something solo! I want to have solo GA songs in my iTunes from all of them

And I love that other article about GA never officially splitting up
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat February 12th, 2011, 07:58

I always find myself not being able to distinguish Kimberley's voice. :-?
    But I believe in peace!

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue April 19th, 2011, 12:30

Rumour Time.....

Girls Aloud are planning to reunite for a new album without Cheryl Cole, it has been claimed.

According to Heat, Nicola Roberts, Sarah Harding, Kimberley Walsh and Nadine Coyle have met up in the studio and are "really up" for a 2012 tour to mark their 10th anniversary.

An alleged source told the publication: "The girls are very keen to reunite and start working on another album. Their main love is the band and they all feel ready to get back and start recording. But Cheryl can't commit to that right now."

Cole has been linked to a judging role on The X Factor USA and is also continuing with her solo career after releasing 3 Words in 2009 and follow-up Messy Little Raindrops last year.

The source continued: "They're all very supportive of her, but they are concerned they could be left behind. They're also worried they might be hanging around forever if they wait for Cheryl.

"Obviously it's going to be very difficult without Cheryl, but they know they'll do well with another album and Cheryl could even join them for the tour next year if she's available. It makes sense and it doesn't mean that she'd leave the band - she'd just be taking a break."

Coyle released her own solo album Insatiable last year but the record peaked at number 47 in the charts and she split from her management in February.

Meanwhile, Roberts is reportedly poised to release her own debut solo album later this year after working with Metronomy frontman Joseph Mount. Harding has acted in several feature films.

Walsh has recorded a track with Aggro Santos and has also been tipped to replace Konnie Huq on The Xtra Factor.

Asked if the band could continue as a four-piece, X Factor judge Louis Walsh - who managed Girls Aloud at the start of their career - said: "Absolutely. Westlife became more successful without Brian McFadden, and the Spice Girls did it without Geri Halliwell."
    Anyone else whiff the bullisht here?
    If those four had gotten together we would know.
    I dont think the band would reform without Chez, she's always been the one behind it so even though the inneivtable 3rd album is coming we're almost certain she'll be done with it by next year (look at her track record).
    It also give Nicola time for her stuff to get out there.
    Gotta love Louis examples though...
    - Brian left Westlife and they became an even blander covers band
    - Geri left the Spices and the whole thing fell apart in egos and ill advised genre changes.
    AS IF they won't ALL (girls and label) want to rake in the money of their anniversary.
    There's no reason that they can't do an album and a tour then go back to solo work like D.C did (hopefully with a little more solo success) and realisticly I can see them doing their contracted "3 more albums".
    As I've said 2x Studio albums and a grand finale, all encompassing, 2 disc Greatest Hits.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue April 19th, 2011, 13:50

Sad as it is, not many would be very interested without Cheryl :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue April 19th, 2011, 15:42

I played Girls Aloud's Greatest Hits today and it made me realise that "The Show" is, by far, my favourite song of theirs.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue April 19th, 2011, 16:23

They should recruit a new member to replace Cherill

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue April 19th, 2011, 18:21

Quote Originally Posted by Star
    They should recruit a new member to replace Cherill
    Keisha wants in!

I highly doubt GA would reform without Cheryl. As painful as it to admit, they need her for the publicity side of things. They could manage fine vocally without her, but she's their main link to the public.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed April 20th, 2011, 00:12

No. No. No. No reuniting without the full five girls. It wouldn't be the same without any of them gone! Girls Aloud is a five piece, it wouldn't be right without Cheryl. Or Nadine, which was the rumour last year.

And LOL yeah Louis' examples are stupid. Spice Girls didn't do it without Geri They had two #1s without her (Viva Forever doesn't count cos her vocals were on it), but one was off the hype of her leaving (Goodbye) and the other was just off hype of a new SG single (Holler). Forever was a flop for them, so where's that success you mentioned, Louis? (I'm not dissing SG, cos I love them!)

It's either all five GA girls, or none for me.
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!