Thread: Michael Jackson

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 12th, 2019, 21:52

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    I was also saddened about that. Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad has this 25th. You’d think the next album would also. His Estate has disappointed.

Off The Wall didn’t get a 25th anniversary edition, but I’m hoping for a 40th version this year. I’d also like to see a special, stand alone version of the HIStory studio album with a load of extras too at some point.
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 14th, 2019, 21:09

Michael Jackson sexual abuse documentary is added to Sundance lineup according to Billboard's twitter account.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 17:33

He can't even rest in peace! Poor soul!

Legend
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 18:11

The BBC decision will undoubtedly raise a lot of questions about their other editorial choices

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 19:36

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Are they serious? :/
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 21:45

I voted for Bad. The title track is epic and i love Liberian Girl.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 22:19

Even in death, they prey on him. He was crucified while living over this issue. He even was found innocent in a court of law. He’s not here to defend himself (again). People are just cruel (and pathetic).
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 3rd, 2019, 23:24

Whatever he did, his music is timeless and amazing. Censorship is authoritarian and just plain wrong. Ugh, moving on.
    .:JUANito:.

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 01:46

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    Whatever he did, his music is timeless and amazing. Censorship is authoritarian and just plain wrong. Ugh, moving on.

The BBC are wrong to announce it, but I understand it - the BBC is publicly funded and should standard public opinion evolve so that it’s a known ‘fact’ he was an abuser, then why should public money be spent on playing his music? The BBC are trying to pre-empt drama (and there’s always drama over how they spend their budget), but I don’t necessarily know why it needs to be public knowledge such a decision was made.
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 06:47

why is this documentary airing now.

Michael Jackson is dead. let him rest in peace.
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 09:56

My top 10 MJ songs:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel
    2. Jam
    3. They Don’t Care About Us
    4. Billie Jean
    5. Will You Be There
    6. Bad
    7. Remember The Time
    8. In The Closet
    9. Ghosts
    10. Beat It

I know Thriller is the biggest seller of all time and Bad is usually recognised as one of the best albums of all time, but Dangerous is his masterpeice (and my favourite). I’ve been discovering Janet’s discography (slowly) and it’s strange to hear him take her sound and work it into his own though.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 7th, 2019, 20:23

Here's an open letter posted on Facebook a few days ago by a German family who knew MJ very well:

https://www.facebook.com/nik.tooke/p...56305157767276

“An Open Letter

From the Schleiter Family

Hi, we are Franziska, Anton, Marlies and Wolfgang – brother and sister and ourparents. We were close friends with Michael Jackson from childhood on. What weare about to say comes out of a place of great love and appreciation. If youwould like to quote this text, please do not take it out of context and alwayslink back to this page. We won‘t be giving any interviews to the press. Thankyou for understanding. This is all we have to say:

Enough is Enough.

In 1995 we first met Michael at a German TV Show. That day, something that wecould never have imagined in our wildest dreams happened. It was the start of aunique friendship. A friendship so normal yet so unusual and magical. One thatwould last until the very last day of Michael‘s life and will continue foreverin our hearts.

From the beginning we knew that what we were privileged to experience, was atreasure worth protecting. Especially regarding the world we live in, withmedia that wants to make up stories that sell, rather than seeking the truthand people who want to read shocking headlines rather than knowing the truth.Over the years we were offered over a quarter million of Euros for interviews,but no money in the world could ever materialize a value that would stand abovethe value of our memories with Michael. This is the reason why we have never spokena word publicly about our friendship.

Something has changed our mind about speaking up lately. The utter shockingnews of a new documentary that would portray Michael once again as a childmolester. Even writing this sentence, putting his name and that word together,makes us feel sick to our stomach. Michael never behaved inappropriatelytowards us and we neither witnessed nor suspected him doing it to someone elseever.

We have been angry with the public treatment of Michael many times in the past,but we chose to stay silent - hoping the truth to run marathons and protectingMichael and his privacy.

And we had good reason to be angry, for example when Anton was falselyportrayed in a German tabloid as having a homosexual affair with Michael. We witnessedfirst hand how ugly the media can be and how they make up most terrible liesjust to have a story. When our father denied to talk to an inquiring journaliston the phone, the story read something like "Father refuses to defendMichael". Unfortunately scandals sell much better than anything else.

Spending a lot of time with Michael, we experienced two-faced people more thanonce. When Michael was in the room, they acted most charming with seeminglygood intentions, but once he turned his cheek they would become rude and youcould sense that their intentions were not that good after all. In front of us,they didn‘t care showing their real face. We were only the shy German family inthe background, not worth paying attention to. But we were observing and slowlybut surely we started to get a glance at the often difficult world Michael wasliving in. It was a world in which it was so very difficult to trust.

And yet Michael was kind to everybody he would meet and believed in the good sostrongly. Some would call it naiv, to us it was just one of his charactertraits that made us look up to him. Giving everybody a chance, even if you'vebeen fooled by people over and over, really is remarkable. And it makes us evenmore sad to know, that many took and still take advantage of this.

Being around Michael made us realize that everybody wanted a piece of him. Weoften wondered why, from all people, he would let us into his circle of trustedfriends. Now we understand it was maybe the fact that we didn't want anythingfrom him and simply enjoyed being together. When he offered to pay for oureducation, our parents denied because it was too much of a gift. It was a nobrainer for us then, but looking back on it now, it was probably something thatMichael didn't experience often.

Those who wanted a piece of his fame or his money did not care about Michael asa person or about his kind heart and uplifting spirit. It is truly a shame andwe almost feel bad for those people in a way, because blinded by money, they probablydidn't realize that they just had the honor to meet a person that has auniqueness about him that the world would only witness every other century. Hismusic, his message, his creative and genius mind was truly one of a kind.

While our friendship with Michael was very normal in a sense that we hung out,chatted on the phone, went to the movies just like friends do, it was alsomagical in the sense that Michael had a warmth about him that was captivating.You would immediately feel comfortable and safe around him. He was one of themost humble persons we've ever met, always putting the well being of othersover his own. There was never a single moment of doubt of his pure heart andintentions, which also led our parents to allow us to travel alone withMichael.

Though we‘re speaking up today, we still want to protect and respect ourpersonal stories. What we can say though, is that each and every time we had tosay good bye to Michael, we all cried because we knew how much we would misshim. The times we spent together were the most fun. And while Michael wasalways up for a good water balloon fight, he was also a great mentor, teachingus about life and sharing his incredible knowledge. We can remember how excitedhe was to tell us about the Wright brothers when he learnt that we had neverheard of them. He gave us books and movies of stories we could learn from andhe was eager for us to develop our talents.

We understand that our story can only put a small piece of the puzzle togetherfor those who are still in doubt of what to believe about Michael Jackson. Tothose who still doubt that he was innocent, we can only plea to simply do yourown research. And if the fact that Michael had to endure every possible raid ofprivacy in his trial in 2005 and still was found NOT GUILTY on ALL CHARGES, ifthis fact is still not enough for you, then maybe you can simply listen to hismusic.

Meeting many of his fans over the years, we were astounded how much they “gothim“ as a person, even though they never personally met him. Michael and hisfans had a unique friendship of their own. He trusted them and it is no wonderwhy they continue to trust in his good heart. They simply listened to his musicand to his words. If you listen closely you‘d know all of his stories and you‘dknow what kind of person he was. You would know that his mission for his timeon earth was not only to bring happiness in form of melodies and rhythm butalso to change the world to the better.

Boy, how he could inspire us to be our best selves and to show more love andrespect to each other! Yet people choose to blow up lies that threaten toovershadow all of the greatness this man has brought.

Enough is enough.

Today we speak up for Michael because he deserves better and because he was thebest friend we could have ever imagined.

Anton and Franziska and our parents Marlies and Wolfgang”

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 11:30

the documentary was disturbing to watch.
    especially listening to the masturbation and oral sex story
    Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Fri March 8th, 2019 at 12:08.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 12:34

I don’t believe any of the bullshit. There’s enough evidence against it. Next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 22:46

We need a rebuttal documentary to disprove all of this bullshit.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 23:01

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    I don’t believe any of the bullshit. There’s enough evidence against it. Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    We need a rebuttal documentary to disprove all of this bullshit.
    !!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 23:28

His nephew is working on a rebuttal documentary and the estate are suing HBO. This documentary was totally sprung on the estate - they didn’t know it was happening until it was announced in January. Legal action takes time and they are definitely not letting this go unanswered - the problem is the damage is done.

I think now it’s aired, upon reflection of it all I just feel that there’s not a single piece of evidence and until there is I won’t condemn a man found innocent in a court of law by his peers. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I also strongly believe in the separation of art and artist and considering he’s already dead, it makes no difference whether I decide to stream his music or not. My feelings on songs like Billie Jean, The Way You Make Me Feel, In The Closet etc remain the same - the works remain examples of some of the best songs written in the last 50 years.

I do think the response has been strong from certain media outlets but now it’s aired and people have had their say, I think it will all die down again and we’ll see where we go from here - people will believe what they want to and move on because nothing can be done.

MJ isn’t here so ultimately there is no next chapter to this. As someone who has studied media and culture and worked within the entertainment industry, I am however interested to see who wins in the battle to own the narrative over MJ on a long term basis.

Manager
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 12th, 2019, 17:36

The biggest star the world ever had and ever will have. ❤

JanetInfografic
    Solange | Tame Impala | Kelela | The xx

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 12th, 2019, 20:55

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Dangerous
    This is really strange. I voted Dangerous in the poll and now it says I voted for HIStory.
    My personal chart new female singer... at #1 - Click here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 12th, 2019, 22:32

This is really strange. I voted Dangerous in the poll and now it says I voted for HIStory.
    This thread isn't for MJ haters. Bye!

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 12th, 2019, 22:56

This thread isn't for MJ haters. Bye!
    You only joined last year and now you tell me who can post in this thread?!

I have all MJ's CD's and seen him in concert twice. What about you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 13th, 2019, 21:58

You only joined last year and now you tell me who can post in this thread?!

I have all MJ's CD's and seen him in concert twice. What about you?
    And yet you turned on him after watching a one sided documentary that doesn't even give his side of the argument. What a great fan you are.

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 13th, 2019, 22:20

And yet you turned on him after watching a one sided documentary that doesn't even give his side of the argument. What a great fan you are.
    I've followed MJ since 1987. The "one sided documentary" is a very small part of what I've seen through the years.