4 7.69%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri November 26th, 2010, 22:23

I love the album cover overall, but that main pic which depicts Michael as a king is probably a little much for me.

I do like how the cover only shows Mike during his best years (appearance wise) and doesn't have any more recent images of when he, let's face it, looked absolutely bloody awful!! 8/10.
    Free your unconscious mind; be formless, shapeless -- like water.

by » Sat December 4th, 2010, 06:02

Does anyone have Moonwalker on Blu-Ray? I ordered it from Amazon UK (since it's region free and should have no problem playing in the US) and I can't wait, I loved that videotape as a kid.

I also recently picked this up

by » Sun December 12th, 2010, 13:44

Quote Originally Posted by cornibert
    I still can't believe they did not release, Butterflies and Whatever Happens, those songs were classics on Invincible.
    Unbreakable, Speechless and 2000 Watts should have been singles also.

Shame on Sony.

by » Tue December 21st, 2010, 21:51

The album has grown on me, but the sad thing about it is that it was this album that officially really hit me that he's no longer with us. The last year and a half have been loaded with MJ in the media and everything, but it's the "new music" that really hit home that he's dead because we'll never get the chance to hear him perform these songs live or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri December 24th, 2010, 11:02

love #Michael its amazing!!!
    i support real talent ,michael,and janet are king and queen ..the end.,

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed December 29th, 2010, 17:15

Quote Originally Posted by NothingFails
    The album has grown on me, but the sad thing about it is that it was this album that officially really hit me that he's no longer with us. The last year and a half have been loaded with MJ in the media and everything, but it's the "new music" that really hit home that he's dead because we'll never get the chance to hear him perform these songs live or anything.

I agree. I feel kind of sad when i listen to the new music because i remember he's not here with us.
    Do you care for me beyond idolization?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri December 31st, 2010, 21:14

Happy New years to my fellow Michael Jackson fans. Even though the King of Pop is gone his memory will always be with us. God bless you all
    Fifa 11 ftw

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Wed April 20th, 2011, 23:39

listening to this is it right now (the song) and it is a fabulous song. i always get sad when i listen to it, it reminds me of his death and what a great man we lost with him.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Fri June 24th, 2011, 19:44

RIP to the King of...music?

I don't think its far fetched to bestow such an honour such a massive figure in music. Music has always been saturated with hit makers - Michael's name always seems to be dropped though. So many are fleeting, Jackson will always be remembered Can't believe its been two years :( I don't think I've ever cried so much over a celebrity death, and I'm not even a mega fan [I do love his music though, and the man himself].

As I watch this World Music Awards segment, one thing becomes apparent - he has no equals. No male or female artist could commend such a reaction! Just unreal.

Wish he was still here.

by » Sat June 25th, 2011, 03:08

I think for those of us who weren't old enough to remember Elvis or Lennon's deaths, Michael's death is by far the biggest musical tragedy we've experienced. Even though he'd largely been in semi-retirement mode since the trial, he was still a revered musical icon and its still sad to realize he's gone, because he was undoubtedly the biggest star of his generation. That was a very sad day and one I'll likely never forget. I remember when the news broke that he'd had a heart attack, then suddenly it got grimmer and grimmer and then someone said "TMZ has reported that he's dead" and it was one of those OMG NOOOOOO! moments.

Michael wasn't just some pop star or icon, he pretty much defined the era he peaked in.

Oddly enough, Will You Be There was on my ipod right when I started typing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Sat June 25th, 2011, 11:28

^ Yes, Man In The Mirror was for me too when I typed my bit above yours!

Two years. Gone soo fast!

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Sat June 25th, 2011, 11:40

gone too soon.. it was midnight here when I heard the news that he had a cardiac arrest.. i immediately switched to CNN and prayed that he would survive.. but then it became apparent that he died. I will never forget that night and the following week.. the next day i bought his number ones album (although i had all albums and some other compis already).. but the run for his catalogue was crazy.. everywhere.

i will never forget the days and nights i spent listening to his music when i was a kid. I will never forget to read about him in all the magazines and how fascinating the stories were.

I will always be a fan. Forever, Michael!

by » Sat June 25th, 2011, 20:12

I remember going to a local record store about three days after he died, and seeing the sign in the J section saying "we are currently sold out of all Michael Jackson product, we will have more as soon as possible." I have never seen that happen for an artist before where their death caused such a massive rush that even titles that they couldn't give away on June 24th (like Blood On The Dance Floor or Invincible) were selling like crazy.

Legend
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

by » Sat June 25th, 2011, 20:23

Crazy that it's 2 years already, I remember that night so clearly! Definitely the biggest death I remember since Princess Diana.

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Mon December 12th, 2011, 20:47

His being at the 2006 World Music Awards made me cry then, and it still does now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldVefGCl3v4

AMAZING moment. I don't think it'll ever sink in that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes
    Sammy Davis, Jr. once said that “everything Michael Jackson does on stage is exactly right.” The King of Pop indeed left some big leather loafers to fill, but judging by the crowd’s reaction at MGM’s Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour is doing an admirable job.

Among those in attendance for Saturday night’s performance: Cee Lo Green, as well as Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles. Seated within view of the reporters assembled to chronicle the show, the couple laughed and smiled as acrobats and dancers swirled across the stage–zombies popping out of coffins, contortionists emerging from giant books, even a performer dressed as a giant white glove–all while a live band blasted out the soundtrack beneath Jackson’s soaring vocals.

“We have all done our best to make this a celebration of his essence in his absence,” musical director Greg Phillinganes told me shortly after the show’s debut. “His passion for humanity … his commitment to excellence, his flair for the big show, we’ve tried to incorporate all those factors.”

Immortal is the highest-grossing live show in the country for the second week in a row, bringing in just shy of $2 million per night in Vegas. That’s over half a million dollars more than the next-highest earner, Taylor Swift, according to concert data provider Pollstar.

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Mon December 12th, 2011, 21:14

Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    His being at the 2006 World Music Awards made me cry then, and it still does now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldVefGCl3v4

wow, that was truely an unforgettable night. He was truely the most known and most popular living human being at his prime.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon December 12th, 2011, 22:59

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne

wow, that was truely an unforgettable night. He was truely the most known and most popular living human being at his prime.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BushBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by cornibert
    I still can't believe they did not release, Butterflies and Whatever Happens, those songs were classics on Invincible.
    Unbreakable, Speechless and 2000 Watts should have been singles also.

Shame on Sony.
    That's because the person in charge of Sony at the time was a dog.
    I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
    --Katy Perry

Superstar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You ain't gotta break down,
    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Mon December 12th, 2011, 23:46

SONY really messed up Invincible.. the album only had 1 really promoted single right? And that after a timespan of 6 years between History and Invincible. Butterflies did also great on airplay alone. They should have released a physical single and the song would have gone top 10 for sure.

There was also so much hype about this album in Europe. But SONY did not use it at all. The production of the album cost the label $100 million allegedly.. so why didn't they care for it more. It should have been their most precious release of 2001.

by » Thu December 15th, 2011, 22:02

I am surprised that Paris is going on Ellen today. Don't get me wrong, Ellen comes off like a very nice lady and everything and she's very kid-friendly, but isn't the limelight what Michael was trying so hard to shield his children away from?

by » Sat December 17th, 2011, 04:53

After watching the Ellen interview, I think Paris is definitely going to become a star, she seems like she's born for the spotlight, as opposed to how Prince comes off very shy and private (they showed him in the audience with Blanket several times during the interview, and he gave off a vibe where he finds the spotlight uncomfortable). She's going to be making her acting debut soon. I just hope that coming from the family she's coming from, that she knows to be thick-skinned and not allow the media to chew her up and spit her out.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat December 17th, 2011, 05:08

After watching the Ellen interview, I think Paris is definitely going to become a star, she seems like she's born for the spotlight, as opposed to how Prince comes off very shy and private (they showed him in the audience with Blanket several times during the interview, and he gave off a vibe where he finds the spotlight uncomfortable). She's going to be making her acting debut soon. I just hope that coming from the family she's coming from, that she knows to be thick-skinned and not allow the media to chew her up and spit her out.
    I hope so too.

Michael wouldn't of wanted her or the boys to be famous. He would've done his best to dissuade them or something but he probably would've given in at some point.

All I know is that sweet Michael would've become a guard-dog.
    I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
    --Katy Perry

by » Sat December 17th, 2011, 05:18

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3510
    I hope so too.

Michael wouldn't of wanted her or the boys to be famous. He would've done his best to dissuade them or something but he probably would've given in at some point.

All I know is that sweet Michael would've become a guard-dog.
    Yea, that is why I'm a little surprised about them doing the media appearances since his death. I don't think Michael would be comfortable with this, at least until they are college age or something.