Getaway

THE WRECKERS SINGLES:
    Leave The Pieces
    My Oh My
    Tennessee

FEATURED SINGLES:
    The Game Of Love (Santana)
    I'm Feeling You (Santana)

When I first heard 'Everywhere' I fell in love with the Michelle. I really liked the song because it was so catchy and fresh. I bought the 'The Spirit Room' album and fell even more in love. Especially with the amazing 'All I Wanted'. That song to me says more than a thousand words. It describes a big part of my youth.

Michelle's second album lived up to my expectations. 'Hotel Paper' continues where her debut left off. Highlights of the album: 'Are You Happy Now?', 'Tuesday Morning' and the title track.

After two solo albums Michelle took a big risk, collaborating with old time friend Jessica Harp. The duo released the amazing 'Stand Still Look Pretty' album under the name of The Wreckers. While the direction of the songs was more country, I loved it as much as Michelle's solo records.

After the The Wreckers album Michelle started working on her long awaited third solo record. It was supposed to come out in 2008, but got postponed several times. In July 2010 Michelle released an EP: "Everything Comes And Goes' as a teaser of what's yet to come. A full brand new album 'A Different Kind Of Country' is expected late 2010/early 2011.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon August 30th, 2010, 22:24

I only really got into music as she stopped releasing music in the UK I presume. I remember Are You Happy Now though and downloaded it a while back, it really is great.

This Way left no impression on me on first listen and it sat around on my computer for well over 6 months without a play until I started listening to it pretty regularly over the past few months. Her song with Timbaland is pretty good, although seems a tad generic and lifeless someitmes. She really needs to go hard and release worldwide as I really want her to succeed.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 1st, 2011, 05:36

http://www.theboot.com/2010/12/29/miche ... e_facebook

Michelle Branch was a rare bird in finding success with a pop-to-country crossover, but now she's going back to pop.

At the beginning of December, the former Wreckers singer came to a sudden decision about the album she'd been working on since 2007. In an open letter to fans, she nnounced through emotional strokes of her pen that she would scrap that album ... and start over fresh.

Now, as December comes to an end, Michelle has revealed to fans in a Ustream chat that she's been in London, working on a new album with British songwriter-producers, Julian Emery and Jim Irvin, and that this new project will take her full circle, back to her pop roots, in the same vein as her 2001 debut album, 'The Spirit Room.'

"I had been listening to the Lissie record, and her song, 'When I'm Alone' is one of my favorite songs out right now," Michelle revealed in her Ustream chat. "I found out that Jim and Julian were responsible for it, so I wanted to work with them. They came to L.A. and we had the awkward first writing date. The first song we wrote together was called 'Spark,' and we were just so excited about it. It was the best writing day possible."

The tune seemed to change with the scenery. "I was with them in London," the Grammy-winning singer continued. "My favorite song we wrote together is, 'The Story of Us.' It's a song that's really, really personal to me."

While it may seem that the project has just started, the singer assures that it is nearing completion. "I have about 11 or 12 songs ready to go right now, so I'm going into the studio in January to start recording them," she said, then added with a laugh, "I'm really, really confident that this record will be out next summer! You guys don't even have to believe me anymore! But if I have my way, this record will be out this coming year ... or else! I'm just gonna say, 'or else,' and leave it open ended, and let people imagine the worst! [laughs]"

Because she feels it's part of the reason why the last project she worked so hard on was shelved, Michelle said she refuses to pigeon-hole her next record in any particular genre. "I hate talking about genres," she said. "Because to me, a good song is a good song. Part of the reason 'Everything Comes and Goes' didn't get released is because some people thought it wasn't country enough. And it was just so hard to hear, because I wasn't trying to be Carrie Underwood, or someone like that. It was music I enjoyed making, and it was influenced by my time in Nashville and by my time in records. I hate putting labels on stuff because it's just so hard as a creative person to limit yourself that way."

Whereas the previous album was a frustrating experience, this new record has been an absolute joy to make. "The last project I was just taking so seriously, and it was such a draining, emotional experience," she sighed. "But this record has been all about having fun and being creative, and not feeling like I had to write a specific way for a specific genre. it's been really freeing,"

Michelle also has plans to free up a couple of songs that didn't get released on her last EP, and include them on her upcoming record. "Some of the songs that didn't get released are still really close to me, and I worked my butt off on them and I went through so much with them," she said. "'Through the Radio,' for instance, is one of those few songs I think will make it to the new record. Another song that's probably gonna be on the new record is a Timbaland song -- 'Getaway,' which kind of started as a song written for a mini-cooper campaign that Timbaland and I collaborated on. At the time I was making a country record, so it didn't fit in. But I think it'll fit in with the new stuff. I'm really excited."
    So glad she's going back to her pop style, about time after doing country for a while.

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 1st, 2011, 17:22

Woot woot! Best news in a long time
    Super excited!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 15:52

I just discovered Getaway! How did I miss this? <3

Great news about the new popalbum as well!
    Check out my new music blog http://www.mad-ice.com

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 20:34

So excited for her new album... Spark is amazing acoustic & I can't wait to hear it in studio. Also I love Through The Radio acoustic so if it doesn't make her album, I hope she at least releases it to the fans! Pleeeease Michelle!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 04:23

Still no news on first single :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 20th, 2011, 20:46

Aaaaah, Michelle just gave out a free download of one of the tracks that got shelved on her new album. "Texas In the Mirror"... download here: http://wbr.fm/gHsHLl

It's amazing! She has slayed me with another amazing song

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 27th, 2011, 19:51

Quote:
    Michelle Branch has revealed that her new album will mark a return to her pop roots.

The singer, whose last studio release was a country record as part of the Wreckers, said that she has been writing a "fun" and "creative" LP in the vein of her debut The Spirit Room in London with producers Jim Irvin and Julian Emrey.

Irvin and Emrey are best known for their work with McFly, Boyzone and David Guetta.

In a Ustream chat, she said: "I was in London - I've been working on a new record Julian Emrey and Jim Irvine, who are these two writers I met in LA. The first song we wrote together is a song called 'Spark', and we were so excited about it - it was the best writing day possible!

"It's great because they're writers and also producers. My favorite song that we wrote together was called 'The Story Of Us'. It's a song that's really personal to me."

She continued: "I have 11 or 12 songs ready to go right now and I'm going to go in studio in January and start recording them. I'm really confident I will have this record out by next summer."

On the album's sound, she said: "I hate putting labels on it because a good song is a good song. This record is more in the vein of my first record, which I would say was a pop record.

"The last record became so exhausting that this one is all about having fun and being creative again and not feeling like I have to write a specific way for a specific genre."

The 'Everywhere' star's last solo studio LP was 2003's Hotel Paper, which peaked at number 35 on the UK album chart and number two in the US.
    Recent video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFBNiDwr ... r_embedded

Yessss!!! Move over lessor pop/rock girls, the queen is coming back to smash it! *sings Everywhere* I am so excited for this!!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 27th, 2011, 20:37

Can't wait for this. I love Michelle but I've always preferred her pop songs, probably because I generally am not a huge country fan.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 05:22

I'm definitely looking forward to her return to pop Hope she'll deliver with more great songs!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 17:41

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFlyBry
    I'm definitely looking forward to her return to pop Hope she'll deliver with more great songs!
    Me too! The song she performed and songs she has talked about all sound amazing, so I can tell this album is going to be amazing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 4th, 2011, 16:18

New song coming Valentine's day, another gift for the fans! "Take a Chance on Me"

Snippet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4EuGFP ... ture=feedu

Sounds amazing!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 14th, 2011, 21:59

Take A Chance On Me free download: http://wbr.fm/gJ4Cy7

It's amazing!!! Sounds like old Michelle, nice pop/rock

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 25th, 2011, 13:53

Listening to her old records, makes me so excited for (the pop) Michelle Branch to return!

'Everywhere', 'All You Wanted', 'Goodbye To You', 'Are You Happy Now?' and 'Breathe' are all amazing! She really was the Kelly Clarkson before there was a Kelly Clarkson

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 25th, 2011, 20:59

I love the fact she's been leaking tracks from "Everything Comes And Goes" for free download, kinda like a gift for the fans

Despite me enjoying her country stuff, I'm definitely ready for her to go back to pop, hopefully she doesn't disappoint

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 26th, 2011, 21:51

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFlyBry
    I love the fact she's been leaking tracks from "Everything Comes And Goes" for free download, kinda like a gift for the fans

Despite me enjoying her country stuff, I'm definitely ready for her to go back to pop, hopefully she doesn't disappoint
    Yep, the songs are so good too

First single to be announced soon!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 30th, 2011, 11:34

Recording new song: What Don't Kill Ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0mJudWdCco

It sounds beautiful, I love it already. Old Michelle <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 30th, 2011, 20:04

Been listening to "Everywhere" a lot again lately, such a CLASSIC!!
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 30th, 2011, 20:17

Quote Originally Posted by Noahh
    One of my favourite Michelle songs

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 30th, 2011, 20:19

Quote Originally Posted by jamesssxD
    'Everywhere' and 'All You Wanted' are my fav Michelle songs I think. Both are so amazing. The lyric of the latter say more than a thousand words really.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 31st, 2011, 21:30

Quote Originally Posted by BanZai
    'Everywhere' and 'All You Wanted' are my fav Michelle songs I think. Both are so amazing. The lyric of the latter say more than a thousand words really.
    Yeah they are her best singles

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 3rd, 2011, 18:26

I'm so happy!!! I just got Through The Radio & Pretty Little Lyin' Eyes studio versions, which I have been wanting for YEARS! & they are amazing, I have overplayed the acoustic versions & studio is just amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 3rd, 2011, 22:12

I'm so happy!!! I just got Through The Radio & Pretty Little Lyin' Eyes studio versions, which I have been wanting for YEARS! & they are amazing, I have overplayed the acoustic versions & studio is just amazing.
    Would you mind sharing where you got them? Pretty please?

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 21st, 2011, 13:32

Exclusive Webcast & Preview of Michelle’s New Single!

Michelle will be doing a special webcast on Thursday, May 26th at 4pm PST/7pm EST. She will be answering fan questions and sharing the exclusive first listen of her new single! Tune in to the Webcast Page for more details. Want to post your questions for Michelle early? Simply post them as a comment below. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
    It's coming!!