User Tag List

View Poll Results: Two favourite 00's singles?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • He Wasn't Man Enough

30 37.04%
  • Spanish Guitar

10 12.35%
  • Just Be A Man About It

6 7.41%
  • Maybe

1 1.23%
  • Hit The Freeway

4 4.94%
  • Please

13 16.05%
  • Trippin'

3 3.70%
  • Take This Ring

4 4.94%
  • Suddenly

2 2.47%
  • Yesterday

8 9.88%
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1075

Thread: Toni Braxton

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 02:44

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    I’d rather have friends that are upfront with me, than call me aside quietly and talk to me. Even if it’s something I don’t want to hear
    Oprah is not her friend and she could have briefed Toni in advance

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 04:10

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    I’d rather have friends that are upfront with me, than call me aside quietly and talk to me. Even if it’s something I don’t want to hear
    Oprah is not her friend and she could have briefed Toni in advance
    We assuming they not friends? Anyone invited by mother Oprah is a friend
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 07:52

Toni Braxton, biggest female singer of 1997, just filed for bankruptcy. Oprah knew that was an opportunity too good to miss

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 08:04

Any broke celebrity that appears on the Oprah show immediately makes Oprah look like she's doing them a favor. That impression alone makes people believe in the power of her brand as a business entity (and it becomes even stronger). It has worked for her for the longest time. It's just that social media today and those people who aren't drawn to her make people see the other side of things.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-01-19, 18:18

Oprah is running a business. Toni was a good topic for discussion. Toni agreed. Oprah gave her advise based on her experience and success. It is what it is. I would have also done what Oprah did if I were a business person. If there is something willingly to capitalize on, I’d grab the opportunity.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 24-01-19, 01:15

Oprah is running a business. Toni was a good topic for discussion. Toni agreed. Oprah gave her advise based on her experience and success. It is what it is. I would have also done what Oprah did if I were a business person. If there is something willingly to capitalize on, I’d grab the opportunity.
    Doesn't sound like a friend to me

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-01-19, 02:08

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Doesn't sound like a friend to me
    It's more of an opportunist than a friend.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-01-19, 05:24

If Toni never saw her as a friend, she would have declined the interview to bare her financial issues amongst other things (and thats what Oprah’s talk show was all about).

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-02-19, 18:59

Im seeing her tonight live in Washington DC

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 10:22

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Im seeing her tonight live in Washington DC

Good for you!

I hope she has an Asian tour. I know she's not well at times but I hope she tours more often.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 12:57

Ok. The concert was amazing. Toni skipped the eras for MTAW, Pulse and Libra.
    But she was a vocal beast live. She gave her own classic voice interpretation to her songs and I think that’s what made it great. It was not a copy and paste.

I wonder why she hasn’t released a live DVD?

The opening act SWV however was phenomenal. Each of the girls still have THAT voice. Coco gave us those high notes and she was amazing. Toni was excellent but I’d prefer SWV from a live band perspective.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 16:27

^ Good to hear you enjoyed the concert. Shame she didn't sing Please though. One of my favorite songs. Did she sing Yesterday?
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-02-19, 02:57

I also enjoyed SWV when they performed as the front act for TLC. They actually performed so many songs live as compared to TLC which mostly were pre-recorded.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-02-19, 20:50

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    ^ Good to hear you enjoyed the concert. Shame she didn't sing Please though. One of my favorite songs. Did she sing Yesterday?
    Nope. Entire eras were skipped

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 02:58

I just watched her concert online. I am a bit disappointed with some segments where she just lets the fans sing the song for her. She does it way too much. However, she really has so much stage presence, she is such a storyteller with her performances, she really commands the attention.

The best part of the show was when she talked about Lil' Kim asking her to sing on her wedding, and that Toni thought it was a terrible idea since she never had happy love songs in her catalog. I didn't know that Toni was that funny, I always thought she was the most serious Braxton sister.

I am blown away with the quality of her voice. She still has it live. The sad thing is that she gets easily tired, maybe it's really because of her health condition.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-19, 16:57

In fact seeing her live, she did not do it as much as Beyonce. In comparison.
    Where did you watch it online?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-19, 18:41

I'm going to see Toni, SWV & Babyface tomorrow in NJ! Will report back on the concert & setlist

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-19, 21:43

Quote Originally Posted by quilmrt View Post
    I'm going to see Toni, SWV & Babyface tomorrow in NJ! Will report back on the concert & setlist
    Have fun! Can't wait to see the setlist.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-02-19, 12:11

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    In fact seeing her live, she did not do it as much as Beyonce. In comparison.
    Where did you watch it online?
    It's on YouTube. You can't compare Toni to Beyoncé. Toni doesn't dance all throughout and she sings her songs 100% live. Beyoncé dances the whole time and she has a backing track to save her.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 17:44

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Have fun! Can't wait to see the setlist.
    So here's the setlist:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/toni-...-2b951066.html

I have to say - SWV opened and they were great. Babyface's set was AWESOME and he brought out El DeBarge. They played together.

Toni came out and... was bad. She was plagued with sound issues and spent half of the time talking/telling stories that were hard to understand. People were boo-ing a lot. When she did sing a song, she would spend half the time pointing the microphone to the audience and asking them to sing.

It was REAL bad. So sad. I, like many others in the audience, will not pay to see her again live. Happy to listen to the studio recordings, but that's it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 20:10

S

Toni came out and... was bad. She was plagued with sound issues and spent half of the time talking/telling stories that were hard to understand. People were boo-ing a lot. When she did sing a song, she would spend half the time pointing the microphone to the audience and asking them to sing.

It was REAL bad. So sad. I, like many others in the audience, will not pay to see her again live. Happy to listen to the studio recordings, but that's it.
    Sad to hear. I feel grateful for having seen her live in concert when she was on top of her game.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 23:50

I have to say - SWV opened and they were great. Babyface's set was AWESOME and he brought out El DeBarge. They played together.

This is also my issue with her lately. I watched her concert online and she wasn't singing the songs, she just kept telling. I think she is not at her best, but she still has her voice. It's just that she gets tired so easily (due to her condition).
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 18:25

So here's the setlist:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/toni-...-2b951066.html

I felt the exact opposite. It wasn’t just about singing for the crowd. She has so many good songs but her set list was ace. I loved her interactions with the crowd via stories and singing back to her. All round it was great in my opinion. I won’t see artists live in a hurry but I will definitely pay up to see her. $320 well spent in DC!

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 07:18

I dreamt she won a Grammy out of the three