Page 102 of 305 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 7609

Thread: Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 21:58

Well not necessarily this era is full of surprises haha:-) god I am so pumped for this era now I want reviews to start coming in now

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:41

Well how exciting all this is. It's so nice to hear her with those live instruments, the strings, and the choirs again.

I think people are maybe overstating how her voice sounds. It sounds like rusty old 2010 Mariah voice to me. I mean a great version of that where her voice has had good rest and she's really going for it, and not relying on overproduction of the vocal, but still hardly anything like the old days. I noticed from those snippets she's singing from her throat for full-voice notes in a way she never has before, but her voice is in pretty good shape.

I'm really looking forward to hearing O Come All Ye Faithful, it's one of my absolute favourite Christmas songs and to hear her song with her mother on that snippet was actually quite moving!

I'm just mad that now I have to wait 3 weeks before the a;bum arrives intead of 1! :evil:

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:47

^^
    I've been a Mariah fan since Daydream and that OCAYF snippet is one of her best vocal performances since Butterfly! I doesnt not sound anything like rusty 2010 Mariah. Live might be another story but as a recording. This sounds to be blowing anything post TEOM out the water mate.
    MARIAH CAREY
    MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU
    USA: 02.11.2010
    UK: 15.11.2010

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:51

@firefly_86 I cannot disagree with you anymore her voice sounds crystal clear. Are we listening to the same songs?? Honestly vocally this is phenomenal I got a lump in my throat when I heard this it's just simply breathtaking!I really don't think ur giving her enough credit and really playing it down:S

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:52

I think she sounds nothing like Rusty Mariah of 2010. Definately like TEOM vocals but with hints of the 90's. Obviously no where as clear or crisp as the 90's but she has sang like we all wanted and proved she still has it.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:55

lets not get carried away and develop a 00's name for her ...... rusty mariah. lol.

a new album, a new start, and a new decade. So hopefully this is what 2010-2020 mariah sounds like.
    see, men come a dime-a-dozen so it don't mean nuttin' to me. i aint even worried 'bout u homie cause theirs plenty more fish in the sea.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 22:56

I honestly believe mariah knew this was make or break time n that If she didn't deliver vocally it'd b all over. Okay yes live maybe another story but we can getto tht bridge when we come to it but those vocals came from somewhere

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:06

Quote Originally Posted by SG1401
    I honestly believe mariah knew this was make or break time n that If she didn't deliver vocally it'd b all over. Okay yes live maybe another story but we can getto tht bridge when we come to it but those vocals came from somewhere
    now picture how hard shes gonna bring it on the next studio album. "they said i couldnt cum no harder... cant sleep on this heat, dont bother!"
    see, men come a dime-a-dozen so it don't mean nuttin' to me. i aint even worried 'bout u homie cause theirs plenty more fish in the sea.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:12

after hearing the descriptions of tracks, this is also one of her most creative albums. not just of recent years, but ever.
    MARIAH CAREY
    MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:17

Well maybe "rusty Mariah" wasn't the appropriate description lol. But I don't hear some return to 90s vocals like some people are describing, I mean that would be impossible.

What I'm trying to say is that some people are exaggerating in claiming it sounds like the deterioration of her voice over the last 10-15 years has been undone. That's ridiculous. BUT it's so nice to hear her voice in relatively good shape and actually putting 100% into the vocals again, for the first time since TEOM IMO. And complimented beatufully by the instrumentation and backing choirs / vocals. But we'll know the full pcture when the album comes

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:19

Quote Originally Posted by ukmiks
    after hearing the descriptions of tracks, this is also one of her most creative albums. not just of recent years, but ever.
    Absolutely, and that's why I'm possibly the most excited I've ever been for a Mariah album Well other than E=MC2 but I have faith this will be the opposite to the disappointment that was!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:22

Just joining the party and OMG I just can't!! It's too much. I feel like the double rainbow guy. I cannot handle these vocals. Somewhere, Oprah is weeping from the sheer unstoppable force of MC's vocals. On Nov. 2 Oprah is going to flood the world with her tears.
    You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:33

This is the follow-up to Merry Christmas, she knew in order for it to be well received she would have to match it vocally and musically. And she did.

When I listen to these clips I hear Merry Christmas melisma and super high Daydream belts with her TEOM tone.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:38

say where have the haters been lately? Whoops nothing to hate? #correct

man i am sooooooo excited about this album! Gonna SMLAO (scream my lamb ass off) to this when it dropps.

Oprah tears cheers screams and P whistles (pmsl) will be had for sure.

"oh holy night the sales are slowly rising, it is the night of our queen mimis reignQ.... Dead
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:39

To me her voice sounds exactly like it did on TEOM but with more runs and vibratto and some of the whispers sound "Charmbracelet-esque" which isn't a bad thing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:41

LA Reid said she wanted to do the album for 3 years! So maybe she got the go for it this year because her vocals was good enough for such an album (2007/2008 - worst vocal state)!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:44

PMDAPCL!!! ^^^

pissing my diamond and pearl clit laughing!!!!

(take a guess where i stole that lango from dru lol) - love the new avi by the way

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:49

I finally got an avatar!! - love that shoot lol

I just went onto amazon to see if there were snippets and thought there was and nearly blew my load on my chin. I was mistaken. So pissed off!!
    MARIAH CAREY
    MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:50

Quote Originally Posted by marksudak
    PMDAPCL!!! ^^^

(take a guess where i stole that lango from dru lol) - love the new avi by the way
    seriously dude i cannot stop laughing. I bet loverboy and shonda are lauging so hard right about now!!!!!! Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant.

Im so anticipating oh holy night live and charlie brown christmas.

I bet they were some right wack ass listeners at the listening party last night. Lambs should have been there.

Then again the whole album would be on YT by now
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:50

I just went onto amazon to see if there were snippets and thought there was and nearly blew my load on my chin. I was mistaken. So pissed off!!
    LMFAO THIS

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:52

Quote Originally Posted by Dru4life
    PMDAPCL!!! ^^^

seriously dude i cannot stop laughing. I bet loverboy and shonda are lauging so hard right about now!!!!!! Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant.

Im so anticipating oh holy night live and charlie brown christmas.

I bet they were some right wack ass listeners at the listening party last night. Lambs should have been there.

Then again the whole album would be on YT by now
    whilst the songs were playing, mimi musta been walking through were everyone was seated occasionally to see if they were videoing etc she aint want her ish leaking lol. "if theirs a camera up in here then its gon leave when i do!"

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:53

LMAO that reminds me of some of those photoshopped pics that popped up before Memoirs leaked, like mariah stuck in a car surrounded by millions of lambs. ICANT! I'm expecting some to pop up this era too
    Emeli | Taylor

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:55

LMFAO THIS
    Its true!

Which tracks are people most anticipating after the reviews??

I want the full OCAYF, Charlie Brown Christmas, When Christmas Comes, and all the rest if Im honest. Yeah I cant answer my own question. I was in the mixed ability class for a reason..
    MARIAH CAREY
    MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:56

Quote Originally Posted by Mooriah
    LMAO that reminds me of some of those photoshopped pics that popped up before Memoirs leaked, like mariah stuck in a car surrounded by millions of lambs. ICANT! I'm expecting some to pop up this era too
    i remember that too. She played Candy Bling out of her limo before, and when lambs asked other lambs via twitter how'd it sound, they said "sounds like something rihanna would do it was hard to hear" booy they were wrong lol.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 21st, 2010, 23:57

LMFAO THIS
    Its true!

Which tracks are people most anticipating after the reviews??

I want the full OCAYF, Charlie Brown Christmas, When Christmas Comes, and all the rest if Im honest. Yeah I cant answer my own question. I was in the mixed ability class for a reason..
    lmmfao wow u have the funnies tonight mate! i answer my own questions sometimes too lol. Im most definitely looking forward to Little Drummer Boy, my anthem!!!