Page 12 of 305 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 02:57

Quote Originally Posted by RightToDream
    What we know as "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" could actually be a cover of Christmas Time Is Here Again.
    'Cause Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time is here again
    Yes, the Christmas time feelin' is in the air again

If One Child is a cover, it'll certainly be better than the original as I really dislike Natalie Grant's voice. I'm doubting she's covered that song though.
    Natalie doesn't have enough variation or power in her voice. I think Mariah would pull this one off.

I have Merry Christmas on. This is even more festive than the time we all started singing Christmas Lyrics back in June.
    "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 03:12

What we know as "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" could actually be a cover of Christmas Time Is Here Again.
    'Cause Christmas, Christmas, Christmas time is here again
    Yes, the Christmas time feelin' is in the air again

If One Child is a cover, it'll certainly be better than the original as I really dislike Natalie Grant's voice. I'm doubting she's covered that song though.
    I like Natalie's voice because she brings out the sweetness/sadness of the song. But I can totally picture Mariah singing this with laidback vocals at the beginning and powerful vocals at the end.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 04:42

Quote Originally Posted by Dru4life
    ^ Fair enough but anything she talks about with JD or other wise I'm still talking about here. It's relevant music news.

I think already we're gonna have a great album with all those producers. I want to know who the secret producer was.
    She probably meant Marc. Even though she'd never worked with him before he has a long history in music so she probably was referring to him when she said a "classic" producer. But then again, she has been full of surprises lately so there may still be a secret producer we don't know about yet.

I am more excited about this album than I have been since E=MC^2. I mean, I replayed the 30 sec clip of HATE U like 100 times, and the same for the snippets of Memoirs, but I was more curious about the songs than genuinely excited. I am more confident than ever that Mariah will bring us some amazing quality music again.
    You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 05:32

We can confirm!

Worked with before:
    - Jermaine Dupri
    - Brian-Michael Cox
    - Johnta Austin
    - Randy Jackson
    - James 'Big Jim' Wright
    New:
    - Marc Shaiman
    - Brad Dechter
    Overall.. The producers will likely (hopefully) show mariahs musical side once again, and I can't wait to hear the songs that Mariah worked with Big Jim on!

BTW: 60 days my bitc**sss..
    Keep On Rockin'

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 06:59

Quote Originally Posted by ukmixer35
    Quote Originally Posted by jio
    Quote Originally Posted by ukmixer35
    Quote Originally Posted by jio
    OFF-TOPIC I was just listening the two singles of Fantasia's new album and I think that that's exactly the direction Mariah could go for her next studio album
    please precise which songs?
    Bittersweet and I'm Doin' Me (they're pretty similar)

Bittersweet could be great for Mariah ur right ...
    You are sooo right about that! I really like "Falling in Love Tonight. I really wish she would work with Jim Jonsin and Rico Love. But anyway, really excited about the new christmas album. I am hoping that it is maybe a double disc, with some of the things that we never got to hear from Memoirs. She has never confirmed it was exclusively an xmas album. I would really love to hear Skydiving, Its a Wrap remix, and maybe even some of the jump smokers stuff.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 08:20

I totally hear Mariah singing that One child song. This is all so exciting! Cant wait for the Marc and Big jim songs! I thought i'd hate if JD was involved but he can have one song lol Only if he makes it sound like the jackson 5 christmas stuff ala SCICTT remix.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 09:59

I can't wait!
    The producers's list areeeee great!The live band I will dead . This is going to be a great album! I want the first single.

New Christmas Album Title Confirmed
    Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 04-Sep-2010, 4:07AM EDT | Comments (8)
    Mariah Daily Journal is able to confirm that the official title for Mariah's new Christmas album is Merry Christmas II You.

Merry Christmas II You will be available in three versions: Compact Disc, Digital Album and DVD; and released simultaneously on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010. See the release information below.

MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU - Album Release Information
    Title/Version Title

UPC

Type

Format

Rel Date

Label
    Merry Christmas II You 602527498034 Full Length Compact Disc Physical Nov 2, 2010 Island
    Merry Christmas II You 602527498034 Full Length Digital Digital Nov 2, 2010 Island
    Merry Christmas II You / [DVD] 602527516998 DVD-Video Physical Nov 2, 2010 Def Jam

Retailers can start placing their orders for Mariah's Merry Christmas II You album on Friday, Oct. 8, 2010.
    P=MC2's Top 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Merci
    Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 10:13

^ Pre-orders on oct 8th!? I Cant Wait!! I can't believe that we just have to wait two more months until the x-mas album..
    Keep On Rockin'

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 10:21

Quote Originally Posted by Oo567oO
    ^ Pre-orders on oct 8th!? I Cant Wait!! I can't believe that we just have to wait two more months until the x-mas album..
    Me too!
    Very exciting.My third Mariah Era
    P=MC2's Top 20

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 10:36

Im desperate to know what the dvd is

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 10:48

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynae
    Music video, making of video, making of album, photo gallery, and maybe videos of in-studio live performances. It'll just be some of these usual things that or on DVD with an album.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 11:20

Mariahdaily confirmed that those two new song titles were written by mariah and Marc? Although great songs I don't think there's any need for assuming she's covered these. Wouldn't be a bad thing if she did though lol
    MARIAH CAREY
    MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU
    USA: 02.11.2010
    UK: 15.11.2010

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 11:21

Music video, making of video, making of album, photo gallery, and maybe videos of in-studio live performances. It'll just be some of these usual things that or on DVD with an album.
    That would be good! And she should take more making videos from 1993-94!
    I will buy the DVD ! I wanna i wanna...
    P=MC2's Top 20

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 12:18

Quote Originally Posted by ukmiks
    Mariahdaily confirmed that those two new song titles were written by mariah and Marc? Although great songs I don't think there's any need for assuming she's covered these.
    THIS.
    Mariah & Marc wrote "One Child" and "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" so they're not covers.

We can confirm!

Worked with before:
    - Jermaine Dupri
    - Brian-Michael Cox
    - Johnta Austin
    - Randy Jackson
    - James 'Big Jim' Wright
    New:
    - Marc Shaiman
    - Brad Dechter
    + this lovely, classy, old lady Gayle Levant lush mentioned. I don't know if this woman produces though. She's a harpist and maybe arranges also or is that the same as producing?!

+ herosofmariah is reporting that Mariah is working with another new producer Alan Menken. I checked wikipedia and apparently he's done some wonderful work. Nominated for Oscar 18 times. He's written plenty of Disney animation movies theme songs: Beauty And The Beast, Colors of The Wind (Pocahontas), A Whole New World (Aladdin) etc
    Also done Christmas songs like the song "My Christmas Tree" for Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Also a Television special "A Christmas Carol" and a Broadway musical "A Christmas Carol" based on the Charles Dickens classic Christmas story, that still runs on Broaway every holiday season since 1995 (from what I saw, I may have read wrong though).

I'm excited! Doesn't sound ghetto at all!!!! That was my biggest fear for this album. Bring on November!
    If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 12:37

New Decade New Mariah.
    And Oprah will end of her show

Hope this New Mariah make her new 90's(although her 00's wasnt bad at all!)
    P=MC2's Top 20

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 12:38

Gayle Levant is just a harpist.
    Alan Menken is interesting but they could be just mistaken as he did Sister Act The Musical and Marc did Sister Act.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 12:52

Alan Menken is interesting but they could be just mistaken as he did Sister Act The Musical and Marc did Sister Act.
    they mention all 3 men in the article. This is shaping up (hopefully) to be a magical sounding album. Its a shame it'll be in the shadows of Susan Boyles christmas album

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 12:56

Its a shame it'll be in the shadows of Susan Boyles christmas album

We will see
    P=MC2's Top 20

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 13:00

Just looking at the list of things these 3 men have been involved in is crazy. I wouldnt mind them being involved with her next album if these songs turn out as well as im hoping.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 13:06

This sounds absolutely amazing and exactly the direction we all wanted Mariah to go in. Shes finally bringing in some new people and what a cast she has introduced. I cannot wait to hear what they have done cause I feel she is going to have created an epic piece of work. This is the most excited I have been for a Mariah album since TEOM because she is working with new people and creating the music I want her to, live sounding, classy and appealing stuff. I really hope its gets great reviews and everyone wants to hear it. It looks like she is taking her career seriously again and if that is the case Subo and all these blow ins have huge competition.

Subo will probably outsell Mariah but if this is a classic Album then Mariahs will gain popularity in the years ahead.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 13:22

they mention all 3 men in the article. This is shaping up (hopefully) to be a magical sounding album. Its a shame it'll be in the shadows of Susan Boyles christmas album
    And that will happen because it's all their fault. Her team is always overhyping the buzz around the upcoming eras. Remember they said that Memoirs was the new Butterfly? And that "Obsessed" was just a buzz single because the real single (aka IWKWLI) is "Vision of Love" level as they said?

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 13:33

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    And that will happen because it's all their fault. Her team is always overhyping the buzz around the upcoming eras. Remember they said that Memoirs was the new Butterfly? And that "Obsessed" was just a buzz single because the real single (aka IWKWLI) is "Vision of Love" level as they said?
    There's Only one VOL here. VOL >>> IWTKWL. Both osngs are good. but heey :-? Overhyping

Fortunately:
    They wont say that MCIIY will be the best selling Xmas album or smash. Hope that the album will be smash as a Xmas album.
    P=MC2's Top 20

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 13:35

@ GetBack
    that was Roger Freidman and he was talking about Angels Cry.

Anyway, our excitement is due to to the fact that she's working with those people above and considering what those people have created in the past, Mariah's new Christmas album sounds quite promising. Add on that the fact that her voice has really, and I mean REALLY, improved so we have every reason to be excited this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by mimifan09
    This sounds absolutely amazing and exactly the direction we all wanted Mariah to go in. Shes finally bringing in some new people and what a cast she has introduced. I cannot wait to hear what they have done cause I feel she is going to have created an epic piece of work. This is the most excited I have been for a Mariah album since TEOM because she is working with new people and creating the music I want her to, live sounding, classy and appealing stuff. I really hope its gets great reviews and everyone wants to hear it. It looks like she is taking her career seriously again and if that is the case Subo and all these blow ins have huge competition.

Subo will probably outsell Mariah but if this is a classic Album then Mariahs will gain popularity in the years ahead.
    Totally agree.
    Even if it doesn't outsell Subo's, which it won't, I'll be happy once the material is amazing. Not to mention that I have a feeling this Christmas album will continue to sell in the future along with her first Christmas album.
    If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 14:00

Even if Susan Boyle outsells MCIIY, she's gonna suffer in the long run - whereas Mariah won't. Another 5 years now from now MCIIY along with MC will be gaining sales consistently while Susan Boyle's album will be underneath J'lo's Love album in the bargain bin.
    see, men come a dime-a-dozen so it don't mean nuttin' to me. i aint even worried 'bout u homie cause theirs plenty more fish in the sea.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 4th, 2010, 14:06

Quote Originally Posted by marksudak
    Even if Susan Boyle outsells MCIIY, she's gonna suffer in the long run - whereas Mariah won't. Another 5 years now from now MCIIY along with MC will be gaining sales consistently while Susan Boyle's album will be underneath J'lo's Love album in the bargain bin.
    +1
    P=MC2's Top 20