Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JoJo

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-09-10, 13:51

I love her voice. I hate that people put her in a box.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-12-10, 19:35

But those patiently waiting for new music from JoJo won’t have to wait much longer. The singer’s long-awaited third studio LP, formerly titled All I Want Is Everything, is set to arrive in early 2011.
    Rap-Up

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-12-10, 19:43

Yeah, right. Knowing her label, it may be released in 2027
    Haven't been early since '88

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-11, 01:06

Pop singer JoJo has been cast in a special episode of CBS's Hawaii Five-0 that will air after the AFC Championship game on Sunday, Jan. 23. The 20-year-old will play Courtney Russell, the daughter of a Tsunami Warning Center scientist who goes missing on the eve of a big storm hitting the Honolulu coast.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-11, 01:45

Both Leave (Get Out) and Too Little Too Late are all-time favourites of mine. It's a shame she's probably never gonna top those.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-11, 09:15

She's producing some great stuff lately with In The Dark and Hollywood so I'm very much anticipating her new stuff!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-11, 17:48

I hope Jojo makes a comeback this girl is so talented...love her voice!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-01-11, 02:16

Where's the new JoJo music?!?

With a roster that plays hosts to artists like R. Kelly, Toni Braxton, Timbaland, JoJo and the late, great Aaliyah, Blackground Records should sound like a dream home to any hip-hop artist. Actually, when you're hungry and eager to become a successful singer, signing any contract is half the dream. The second part is building a monster collection of passionate songs to release in the hope that people love you.

The key word there is release.

After signing a seven album deal with Blackground at the age of 12, JoJo had started down the road to music stardom. But after releasing two albums in two years ("JoJo" in 2004 & "The High Road" in 2006), her journey came to a sudden stop. Since '06, no further CD's have been released and any song you've heard from her was either on a free mixtape, on featured spots in other artist’s music or snippets of her belting as a film/TV character.

So where are the other five albums JoJo was promised as a child when she thought she was turning her dreams into a reality? Stuck in limbo, that's where.

So why won't JoJo just leave this contract? Because it was signed -- and officiated -- when she was a child, so it's super duper tricky.

Soon after JoJo’s second album dropped, other musicians signed to Blackground began to find themselves in similar positions as the then 16-year old. Toni Braxton sued Blackground in 2007, hoping to be released from her constrictive contract while Timbaland took Blackground to court in 2009 because they allegedly went on a, “McCarthy-esque search-and-destroy campaign, contacting various record labels and giving them a million reasons why they shouldn't hire Timbaland to produce songs.”

Luckily, Timbaland was signed to Blackground as a performer, not as a producer, so while he couldn't spit a single rhyme on anyone's CD, he was free to produce music for others.

But unlike those two, as well as other label mates R.Kelly and Tank who had court issues with Blackground, JoJo has been unable to extricate herself from this crazy contract -- so strange a deal, in fact, that you cant even buy her previously released albums anywhere online.

Search iTunes for her LP's ... I dare you ... see, nothing.

The only way for JoJo fans to guarantee more albums from her is to either beg her new label Interscope to talk Blackground into releasing her already finished album — a source confirmed that she has all the songs mastered & ready to go — or for JoJo's team to exercise the infamous Teena Marie Brockert Initiative.

In short, the Brockert Initiative makes it illegal for a record company to keep an artist under contract without releasing new material for that artist. In such instances, artists are able to sign and release with another label instead of being held back by an unsupportive one.
    Source

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-01-11, 09:50

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic
    Both Leave (Get Out) and Too Little Too Late are all-time favourites of mine. It's a shame she's probably never gonna top those.
    A song leaked in 2009 called Keep Forgetting to Forget About You. If you like those two songs you will LOVE this. Check it out on youtube. It's amazing.

Ugh goddamn Blackground. I want Jojo new CD soon. They are being so nasty to her.
    Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-08-11, 14:46

JoJo is coming back Monday!!!

INTERSCOPEPROMO Interscope Promotion
    @jojojoistheway new single "Disaster" will be avail to US radio on 8/29. More Updates to follow soon!
    14 hours ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-10-11, 21:58

And she's promoting. Even though she's sick! Her voice is

kinda raspy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTP2j34U1yU
    You like them hot dudes? We do too. Every day:
    http://fitstuds.blogspot.com

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-12, 18:18

JoJo might be best known as the teen star who danced her way through a junior high breakup in her “Leave (Get Out)” video, or the girl who cried in the rain with her sing-along anthem “Too Little Too Late,” all the while juggling a mainstream acting career (see: Aquamarine, the Hollywood teen flick about two friends who discover a mermaid at a beach club). While she may seem like fodder for Disney Channel programming, the brooding adolescent has always transcended that expectation with unparalleled attitude and depth, earning her fans of all ages and musical inclinations. Last summer, the singer scored a viral phenomenon when she released her own version of Drake’s “Marvin’s Room” on the Internet. Sample lyrics: “Fuck that new girl that’s been in your bed/ ’cause when you’re in her I know I’m in your head.”

“I never expected it to elicit the reaction that it did,” she says. “My best guy friend told me about the song, and I just had something in my heart that I wanted to get out. I was going through a really stupid situation and I decided to write about it.” Such can be said of much of the content on her new album, Jumping Trains. “It’s about taking risks and feeling exhilarated.” Her daring motif is supplemented with new directions for ’Jo, including a heavy dance track produced by Danja, best known for his work on Britney Spears’s Blackout.

"I have never asked how am I going to make this transition from a child or teenager to a young adult artist," she says. "I've just kind of grown and my tastes have changed and circumstances have changed, and of course I've grown and learned, so it's been a very organic transition."

As for her new leaps in sound, JoJo regards her progress as an artist with her trademark attitude and maturity. "I think it's boring to do the same formula every time," she says. "I love Britney Spears and Madonna and Lady Gaga. I love pop music, those big pop records, but I still want it to fee like my sound. I hope people feel like ‘damn, that’s exactly what I’m going through, that’s what I’m thinking but I wasn’t sure how to put it into words.’ I want to sing what people are thinking and feeling. I want it to be the soundtrack to their lives.”
    http://www.vmagazine.com/2012/01/pop-rocks/?page=3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-04-12, 19:05

JoJo - Touch Down (Flippers Up) [FULL | LEAK | 2012]

New song from JoJo, this time it's a crazy unreleased upbeat tune!
    Recorded for JoJo's 2010 album All I Want Is Everything. However, the
    new title of the record will be Jumping Trains. It was produced by Toby Gad.

Streaming available on: JoJo - Touch Down (Flippers Up) (YouTube)
    Streaming available on: JoJo - Touch Down (Flippers Up) (SoundCloud)
    You like them hot dudes? We do too. Every day:
    http://fitstuds.blogspot.com

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-04-12, 09:34

Touch Down is fantastic.

But it reminds me of something I've heard already.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-04-12, 13:17

Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    Touch Down is fantastic.

Hell no! Below average and annoying beat. It wont stand a chance with what's out there at the moment.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-04-12, 13:54

Quote Originally Posted by preyan
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    Touch Down is fantastic.

Hell no! Below average and annoying beat. It wont stand a chance with what's out there at the moment.
    Well it's not a single... The song was for her third studio album 'All I want is everything' which never came out. The song is over 4 years old or something. I kinda like it
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-06-12, 07:35

Her concert here today with Michelle Branch was postponed!
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-07-12, 05:31

JoJo: Scrapped Album

JoJo's album thread has been locked in the R&B/Soul section because it no longer has an official title. Looks like she's starting over with a totally new album, with Demonstrate being it's lead single. I'm hoping she has better luck with this, we've been waiting so long.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-07-12, 08:06

Her label should give her permission to use some of the old material to keep some kind of buzz going with a mixtape, I mean most likely the stuff is gonna dust on a shelve anyway, why not use it in her benefit!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-07-12, 09:09

Michelle Branch and Jojo.. AND postponed.. the jokes just write themselves
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-07-12, 09:28

Neither of them will ever release their third album....
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.