Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat August 3rd, 2013, 15:33

Quote Originally Posted by nas4life123
    she would be housed well in def jam or young money tbh
    Def Jam is better, Young Money is kinda too messy. They're all about Weezy, Nicki & Drake anyway.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri September 27th, 2013, 23:25

Get out (leave) is #37 on uk itunes. why?
    Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat September 28th, 2013, 01:55

She would be good on Epic. I can't wait til this is over. I need a legit album. I appreciate the mixtapes but I want full out productions. She's grown so much artistically (well, I guess that would be obvious since her last album was out when she was 16, she's now 22).
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat September 28th, 2013, 09:58

I wish she will prove me wrong but she's never going to have a decent career after this. Maybe the first album for hype and inquisitiveness but probably even just the first single ala LeToya Luckett :-?
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat September 28th, 2013, 20:03

I wonder if we'll ever even see a new JoJo album, seriously... it's been 7 years! 7 !!! Not 2, 3 ... 7 years!!! Will we even see the light of day when a new album is out ? :( A new hit from Jo... a new performance at some big event... it must be heartbreaking for her, how many nights crying, gettin' drunk or just felt desperate that she won't go anywhere soon? :(

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 02:31

She's now free!!
    JoJo is free at last. After a multi-year battle, the singer has been released from her contract with Blackground Records.

The Los Angeles Times reports that she has signed a new deal with Atlantic Records, home to artists including Bruno Mars, Janelle Monáe, Wiz Khalifa, and K. Michelle.

Her fans campaigned for her freedom from Blackground on Twitter, and last July, JoJo filed a lawsuit demanding to be released from the label and its imprint, Da Family Records.

The 23-year-old is currently working on her third album for Atlantic, and previously released two albums including her 2004 self-titled debut and her 2006 sophomore effort The High Road.

To hold fans over, she delivered two mixtapes—2010?s Can’t Take That Away From Me and 2012?s Agáp?.

In addition to music, JoJo stars in the high school comedy G.B.F., which hits theaters Friday.

http://www.rap-up.com/2014/01/14/jojo-r ... ore-177009

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 02:37

finallly!!! I CANNOT WAIT THIS IS HER YEAR
    JOJO

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 02:40

Hoorah!!!
    Now to get us some MUSIC.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 04:51

So thrilled by this news! I'm buzzing, it seems we may actually get an album sometime this year! This girl deserves it she has the chops.

Manager
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 07:05

YES omg!
    Finally she can smaaaash, go gurl <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 08:14

Yay! I'm ready for this album!

Imagine if after all this she made a really poor and was dropped

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 08:54

Quote Originally Posted by abi
    I want R&B Jojo!

I want the experimental r & b she's been doing, I hope they don't make her go back to the old sound now she's not doing mixtapes that would be a shame.

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 15th, 2014, 09:22

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynae
    Quote Originally Posted by abi
    I want R&B Jojo!

I want the experimental r & b she's been doing, I hope they don't make her go back to the old sound now she's not doing mixtapes that would be a shame.
    I don't think she will. I'm here for the experimental R&B ala Agape (but with better production). She's grown soooo much as an artist....well I guess anyone would considering her last album was when she was 16 and she is now 23.

SLAY.ME.JOANNE.

Her support online is shockingly pretty decent. Excited that sooo many people haven't forgotten about her and are still interested in her music.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 16th, 2014, 21:35

Marvin's Room and Demonstrate is the experimental stuff you guys are talking about right? That's amazign and that is the style that suits her the best but obviously she also needs the hit so she might release a pop single, but anyways... I wonder why blackground records don't want to free Jo Jo :( ...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 17th, 2014, 20:26

I want a mix of Pop JoJo and R&B JoJo so happy she has a new deal with Atlantic Records, and Blackground is in the past #2014 is gonna be her year with Atlantic backing her. Apparently, they have wanted to sign her for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 18th, 2014, 00:57

I was discussing JoJo with my boyfriend the other night when I heard the good news. (He doesn't understand why I'm still a fan of hers, but you guys get it.)
    She most definitely needs to get a hit lead single for this new project. It's been long enough that a lot of people who weren't "fans" of hers may not even remember her. She is essentially a new artist. She has the total package, and I truly believe she would be a freaking superstar had her career not come to a halt the way it did. All she needs is a hit to bring her name back to the front lines and she can continue the trajectory she was destined for. If she can get a "Diamonds" or "Roar" under her belt, she's golden.
    I am beyond ecstatic for her and I've said it time and time again, year after year, buzz single after buzz single, but this time I think it's actually real: This is gonna be her year. #YearOfTheJoJo #FreeJoJo

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 18th, 2014, 08:21

It will be interesting to see how her career goes now, she can be promoted as a grown woman now and the lyrical content to those who haven't followed her mixtape And covers will be drastically different. This should be interesting.

Who should she work with?

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 18th, 2014, 10:35

Now would be a great ime for her to release another mixtape as a thankyou to the fans.
    Some of the "Jumping Trains" tracks and the other multiple albums worth of material she has
    That is if she retains the rights to the material she recorded under Blackground but I could see Atlantic wanting her releasing new music to be a bit more of an "event" to signify her new deal.
    Exciting times though.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat January 18th, 2014, 12:15

I think JoJo has been very smart. She's chosen a record label who have wanted to sign her for a while. Also if you look at their artists, they don't really have a flagship female artist, a la Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga etc. they only really have Janelle Monae and Christina Perri. I think these two things are clear indicators that the chances of her being sidelined and placed into a similar situation that she had with Blackground are very small.

She also is extremely talented, and now on a label known for giving their artists a lot of creative control, which is good for JoJo, as she has really honed her craft in the past 7 years since her last album. She seems to have really carved out her own distinct sound, and the best thing to come out of the 7 year gap is that whilst she has lost mainstream popularity, she has actually achieved a lot of critical acclaim for her work, allowing her a fanbase that has kept her name out there. A key to this I feel has been Youtube. All you need to do is Youtube her name and its evident that she has millions of views on her songs, some of which are unreleased leaks. Her cover of Marvin's Room has got over 30m views, and is her most viewed video - this is a good sign for her because it is a complete departure from her pop-hits yet has been extremely popular.

I do think that for this next album she needs an r&b flavoured pop hit, but I don't think that she should do what she did with disaster and make it similar to too little too late, she should focus on her new sound, so that when the promo and everything kicks in, people can see that she's something different to what she was as a teenager and that she has matured into an adult artist. I also think that it's important that it's instantly likeable and catchy, unlike demonstrate for example.

All in all, I think she has put herself in a very good position - she's a smart girl and she knows what she's doing, she's artistically very informed as well as seeming very involved in the business side of things, I'm looking forward to a big year from JoJo.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 20th, 2014, 22:17

I still love her so badly, I can't believe I'm with her after all these years

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 22nd, 2014, 00:03

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    I still love her so badly, I can't believe I'm with her after all these years
    That because the bish is immensely talented. I'm actually shocked at all the love she's been getting online. Thought it would be just me and a handful.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 12th, 2014, 16:17

JoJo is like one of my favourite acts ever and I can't wait for the next album with Island Records!!! Is she already working on it? Can't wait! I own the High Road and it was great but obviously her latest stuff (In the Dark, Demonstrate, Disaster) has been a bit better... specially Demonstrate, I blame the label for not releasing the damn vid :(

Superstar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 12th, 2014, 16:24

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    JoJo is like one of my favourite acts ever and I can't wait for the next album with Island Records!!! Is she already working on it? Can't wait! I own the High Road and it was great but obviously her latest stuff (In the Dark, Demonstrate, Disaster) has been a bit better... specially Demonstrate, I blame the label for not releasing the damn vid :(
    She's signed with Atlantic.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 12th, 2014, 16:28

Whatever, you got the point lol