Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queen & Freddie Mercury

by » Sat March 4th, 2017, 00:27

Brian May announces new album with theatre star after cancelling Christmas tour

Queen star Brian May is back in the studio with singer Kerry Ellis after a mystery illness forced him to scrap the duo's winter tour.

The guitarist first worked with Ellis on 2010's Anthems, and the odd couple has teamed up for joint tours every winter, while May is taking a break from Queen.
    The duo was forced to scrap their Christmas Candlelight Tour in December (16), after May announced he was "battling with a persistent illness which is destroying my energy and my will", but now he's working on new material with his muse, a West End theatre star.

They will release Golden Days in April (17)

"This album is a true collaboration between Kerry and myself," May says in a press release. "Five years ago, Anthems was the result of me producing an exciting new artist... This new record has both our names on it, and breaks new ground. We produced ourselves together as a team. I feel confident it's the best thing we've ever done and a worthy testament to 13 years of belief. It also happens to feature Britain's most beautiful voice!"
    http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/enterta ... stmas-tour
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun July 16th, 2017, 17:26

Thanks to an announcement on Queen's official website, we now know for certain that a Freddie Mercury biopic, starring Mr. Robot's Rami Malek, is now in the works! And it's been given a very appropriate title: Bohemian Rhapsody.

According to the announcement, Bryan Singer will direct the film. His other works include the X-Men films and The Usual Suspects. Pre-production will begin next week in the UK.
    http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/quee ... rami_malek

http://www.queenonline.com/news/bohemia ... big-screen
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun December 3rd, 2017, 00:07

This film is doomed. Too many issues are surely a sign :-?
    M08T10

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

by » Mon January 8th, 2018, 01:44

Queen almost had a #1 R&B hit. “Another One Bites the Dust” (the Chic rip-off that it is) went to #2 in October of 1980, becoming their only top 10 hit on that chart. I can’t stand them, but I’ve always loved it.
    9/1/19 - A Date That Will Live In Infamy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
    Just discovered We Belong Together and love it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 19:38

For the first time ever, after four decades buried deep in the vaults, a previously unreleased version of ‘Time’, recorded in 1986 by Freddie Mercury for the concept album of the hit musical of the same name, has finally emerged after two years of work by the globally successful musician, songwriter and producer Dave Clark, a long-time friend of Freddie’s, using the song’s full title, ‘Time Waits For No One’.

‘Time Waits For No One’ shows Freddie Mercury at his most compelling; a completely stripped-down performance, accompanied by just a piano, showcasing one of music’s most beloved and show-stopping voices.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

by » Thu September 5th, 2019, 18:35

Watch Freddie Mercury’s Animated ‘Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow’ Video

Track is included in Never Boring box set, a collection of Mercury’s solo career

Two white blood cells fall in love in the surreal, animated video for Freddie Mercury’s “Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow,” a single from the late singer’s 1985 solo debut Mr. Bad Guy. The clip was released on Thursday to honor what would have been the late singer’s 73rd birthday.

The two cells serenade each other under a disco ball, only to have heartbreak ensue when one of them gets diagnosed with AIDS. The clip was directed by Esteban Bravo and Beth David, the duo behind the Oscar-winning short film In a Heartbeat. It pays tribute to The Mercury Phoenix Trust, a charity founded after Mercury’s death by Queen members Brian May, Roger Taylor and manager Jim Beach.

“We wanted to tell a story that was relevant to Freddie’s life, but not explicitly about him,” the directors said in a statement. “The AIDS crisis of the 1980s is a huge part of LGBT history, and it’s something that we knew needed to be handled with care.”

“It is a love story between two white blood cells, one of which has become infected by the virus,” the directors added. “This perspective gave us a more direct visual representation of our conflict, which allowed us to explore the more nuanced struggles the characters face in their relationship with each other, their perceptions of themselves, and society’s perception, bias, and neglect of them.”

“Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow” will be included on Never Boring, a new box set comprised of Mercury’s solo career. “I had a lot of ideas bursting to get out,” Mercury once said of his solo career, “And there were a lot of musical territories I wanted to explore which I really couldn’t do within Queen.”

The Never Boring box set includes a compilation of the same name, as well as the solo LPs Mr. Bad Guy and Barcelona. Overall, it contains 32 tracks and was produced by Queen’s longtime sound team Justin Shirley-Smith, Kris Fredriksson and Joshua J Macrae who also co-produced the Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack.

Also included is a book of unpublished photos with an introduction from Rami Malek — who won a Best Oscar Oscar portraying Mercury in Rhapsody — and a DVD featuring 13 videos and a Mercury interview. Never Boring will be released on October 11th and is available for pre-order.

Never Boring Tracklist

1. “The Great Pretender”
    2. “I Was Born To Love You”
    3. “Barcelona”
    4. “In My Defence”
    5. “Love Kills”
    6. “How Can I Go On” (Single Version)
    7. “Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow”
    8. “Living On My Own” (Radio Mix)
    9. “The Golden Boy” (Single Edit)
    10. “Time Waits For No One”
    11. “She Blows Hot and Cold”