Octavo Día
    Lo Imprescindible
    No
    Si Te Vas
    Que Me Quedes Tú
    Gordita
    Costume Makes The Clown
    Men In This Town

I also really like her translations in Portuguese. I would like it if she did some more songs in that language.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 13th, 2011, 13:08

I'm not familiar with any Portuguese songs by Shakira, care to mention a few? : )
    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
    and you are no exception

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon June 13th, 2011, 13:16

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrag
    I'm not familiar with any Portuguese songs by Shakira, care to mention a few?
    Estou Aqui, Um pouco de Amor and Pes Descalcos!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 13th, 2011, 13:49

Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel
    I'm not familiar with any Portuguese songs by Shakira, care to mention a few?
    Estou Aqui, Um pouco de Amor and Pes Descalcos!!
    Thanks kompis! I'll check those out later!

For now I'm repeating the Sale El Sol album while cleaning my room (about time). I would not be surprised if I find a dead rat somewhere.
    Luc

and you are no exception

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon June 13th, 2011, 15:18

^And which songs do you like the most from Sale El Sol? You should really check out the three Portuguese songs. They were released on the album 'The Remixes' so you can buy them actually if you like them. I wouldn't buy the rest of the album which consists of lame remixes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 13th, 2011, 15:30

I remember that my ex-girlfriend played the remix album once, and I thought it sounded so cheap and lame - but then again.. This was before she managed to turn me into a Shakira fan.

I just wrote in her album thread in the Pure Pop forum that I like every track on the album, but if I have to chose a top 5:

1. Loca
    2. Gordita
    3. Tu Boca
    4. Antes De La Seis
    5. Rabiosa

But again.. I like all the songs. Islands, Mariposas and Devoción all sounded weak at first - but they've grown now. Loca is just incredible, I've never felt tired from it. Spanish version (same with Rabiosa).

Sale El Sol sounds lika classic Shakira.
    It's just a great album!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 14th, 2011, 13:02

Thanks kompis! I'll check those out later!

For now I'm repeating the Sale El Sol album while cleaning my room (about time). I would not be surprised if I find a dead rat somewhere.
    No problem!!

Poor rat

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 14th, 2011, 13:04

Quote Originally Posted by Jim20
    ^And which songs do you like the most from Sale El Sol? You should really check out the three Portuguese songs. They were released on the album 'The Remixes' so you can buy them actually if you like them. I wouldn't buy the rest of the album which consists of lame remixes.
    I love Sale El Sol, Loca, Rabiosa, Gordita and Mariposas and Antes de las seis

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu July 21st, 2011, 13:34

Top 100 WIP list
    List of the most cited on the Internet: with filters:

#1Barack Obama - 318.905.375

#2 Shakira - 203.558.609

#3 Justin Bieber - 114.421.598

#4 George W Bush - 113.508.067

#5 Lady GaGa - 96.997.294

#6 Chris Brown - 86.086.460

#7 Michael Jackson - 83.978.648

#8 Rihanna - 83.064.904

#9 Britney Spears - 69.646.963

#10 Eminem - 64.730.952

Source

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 27th, 2011, 07:39

Why Did Shakira Hire Venus X ?

Venus X: Shakira always writes and produces her own music. There’s a guy who does A&R at Columbia who’s been watching Ghe20 G0Th1k and they were like, We saw this opening and it might work. [Shakira] wants to make dance music. She’s always been ahead of the curve. With “Ojos Asi,” she was doing Arabic instrumentals with Spanish vocals. I’m putting together a weekly newsletter for her, with music and videos. I’m sending her a lot of hyrbrid-oriented stuff—Turkish reggaaton, a lot of kuduro that sounds like African trance. Hopefully I’ll be able to introduce her to things that are working on the dance floor so she can translate and re-interpret them for universal pop. There’s all this stuff that happens in nightclubs, so far removed from what’s on the radio. There are so many producers working at the intersection between music that they love and music that’s really popular in their communities. We’re all tapping into the electronic subconscious, trying to rethink what music means right now. The result is a total mash-up of all these genres in a totally smart way cause it’s not like somebody thought about it, somebody lived it.

I haven’t met Shakira yet—she’s on tour in Mexico. She’s coming into the studio at the end of August and we’ll start working together then, honing in on the music I gave her and deciding what she wants to use. But her whole staff is women. I’ve met just one strong woman after another. It’s really intense, strong women manning these big ships. On Facebook, I’ve been trying to connect to girls because I think there aren’t enough girl DJs in the program for my party. I want to start a party that’s all girl DJs, three or four in one night. Even if the genres they play don’t fit together that well. I think that’s something we’ve done well with Ghe20 Goth1k—bringing a lot of crazy shit together and making it work. It’s just not really clear who’s doing music, everything is so fragmented. The network isn’t exposed, especially for girls.

Source

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri August 5th, 2011, 02:52

I typed Shakira in my iTunes only to find Did It Again some days ago, and to my surprise I had over 10 songs with her. I expected about 5, guess I like her more than I'm aware of.

Best songs?
    1. Si Tu No Vuelves (with Miguel Bosé)
    2. Pienso En Ti
    3. Did It Again
    Wow! That list have changed drastically now after becoming a real fan of her music. Tonight I have realized that the ultimate Shakira favourite for me is:

Las de la Intuición

Adorable!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon August 8th, 2011, 15:04

I typed Shakira in my iTunes only to find Did It Again some days ago, and to my surprise I had over 10 songs with her. I expected about 5, guess I like her more than I'm aware of.

Best songs?
    1. Si Tu No Vuelves (with Miguel Bosé)
    2. Pienso En Ti
    3. Did It Again
    Wow! That list have changed drastically now after becoming a real fan of her music. Tonight I have realized that the ultimate Shakira favourite for me is:

Las de la Intuición

Adorable!
    At some point, I thought Las De La Intuicion was my favorite song from hers, but then came the video...I always imagined a video out of this world for it.
    ~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon August 8th, 2011, 16:19

Shakira discography is so amazing. I honestly like almost every album she has released so far. (<<<< She Wolf/Loba) I can't wait to see what she does after "Sale el Sol"
    Keep On Rockin'

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon August 8th, 2011, 16:37

Quote Originally Posted by Oo567oO
    Shakira discography is so amazing. I honestly like almost every album she has released so far. (<<<< She Wolf/Loba) I can't wait to see what she does after "Sale el Sol"
    She's gonna release a GH album, then take 4 years off and eventually release her first album under Live Nation Live.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu August 11th, 2011, 04:38

Quote Originally Posted by joiPrince_JO

She's gonna release a GH album, then take 4 years off and eventually release her first album under Live Nation Live.
    A new GH album released suddenly without new tracks that would sell 500k worldwide at most. :-?

I'd rather wait for a new and fresh album in english than face a shame like that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Thu August 11th, 2011, 13:33

I hope her next album is like a mix of Laundry Service, Oral Fixation Vol. 2, She Wolf and Sale el Sol.

So an album with some more pop/rock songs like Don't Bother and Tango. Some experimental songs like on She Wolf and some more commercial like Waka Waka, Hips Don't Lie etc.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu August 18th, 2011, 03:01

Shakira in studio with Afrojack
    Afrojack had a listening session with Shakira. As we mentioned earlier Shakira will start working on her new album this month!

Posted on Aug 17th by Ramon
    Shakira in studio with Afrojack

Afrojack tweeted the following:

"Just had a fun listening session with shakira and @3gerardpique , great people!"

As we mentioned earlier Shakira will start working on her new album this month! (Amongst other music producers Shakira will have listening sessions with Dr. Luke, RedOne, Benny Blanco, Tiesto & Max Martin.) *Note having a listening session does not mean they will collaborate together.

Source

Legend
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Thu August 18th, 2011, 11:13

I am not happy about this tbh, it seems she wants to get an album with people who are hot right now and probably also goes the dance hype ? :-?

will be interesting though. Afrojack and her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

by » Thu August 18th, 2011, 11:15

I would love a new Shakira album soon!

I hope she will release it in Spring, with a hot latin smash single just in time for the Summer.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu September 29th, 2011, 11:42

Shakira To Be Honored as the 2011 Latin Recording Person Of The Year - Grammy's

Colombian singer/songwriter Shakira will be honored as the 2011 Latin Recording Academy person of the year, the Latin Grammy organization has announced. The tribute gala for the songstress will be held Nov. 9, one day before the 12th annual awards show at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
    Shakira, also nominated for three Grammy awards, including album of the year, was selected as the person of the year for her artistic achievements and philanthropic contributions.
    "It is truly an honor to be in the company of some of the greatest artists and legends of Latin Music," Shakira said in a statement.
    Latin Grammy Nominations: Calle 13 Lead With a Record 10
    Shakira is scheduled to attend a dinner at Mandalay Bay where her music will be performed by fellow artists and friends as they celebrate the honoree.
    Shakira is the youngest artist to receive the person of the year honor and joins a roster of other singers including Placido Domingo, Carlos Santana, Gloria Estefan, Gilberto Gil, Julio Iglesias and Ricky Martin.
    "We are honored to pay homage to this dynamic, socially conscious woman whose illustrious career has touched so many people around the world, both musically and personally," says Gabriel Abaroa Jr., President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy.
    The Latin Grammys will air live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Nov. 10.

Source: ShakiraMedia

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri September 30th, 2011, 18:13

Shakira changes her hair color & will sing a duet with Ivete in Brazil TODAY!

Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Legend
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed October 5th, 2011, 22:50

Obama appoints Shakira to Hispanic education panel

President Obama has appointed the popular Colombian singer Shakira to his Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.

The award-winning singer was among four people named to the commission assigned to find ways to improved education opportunities for Hispanics.

"I am grateful that these impressive individuals have chosen to dedicate their talents to serving the American people at this important time for our country," Obama said in a statement. "I look forward to working with them in the months and years ahead."

The White House released this information on its latest appointee, whose real name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll:

Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is a Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, record producer, and dancer.

In addition to her career in music, Ms. Mebarak Ripoll has been involved in a number of global educational efforts. She founded the Barefoot Foundation in 1995, which operates schools and educational projects in Colombia, South Africa, and Haiti, feeding and educating approximately 6,000 children.

In 2010, she collaborated with the World Bank and the Barefoot Foundation to establish an initiative that distributes educational and developmental programs for children across Latin America.

In 2008, Ms. Mebarak Ripoll served as the Honorary Chair of the Global Campaign for Education's Global Action Week.

In 2005, she became a founding member of Latin America in Solidarity Action, a coalition of artists and business leaders seeking to promote integrated early childhood public policies.

Ms. Mebarak Ripoll became a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund in 2003, where she promotes the expansion and improvement of comprehensive early childhood care and education across the world.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu October 6th, 2011, 02:46

Shakira’s label-shopping

Shakira is already at the center of a bidding war by record labels as her contract with Epic expires. The Colombian superstar is getting interest from many major labels, including Warner and Island Def Jam, as she becomes a free agent. The singer, who has a 10-year touring deal with Live Nation valued at up to $100 million and has delivered the three albums to Epic under their contract, is expected to start discussions with record execs early next year. But a source told us, “While there has been a lot interest from major labels, it is too early to start the formal discussions. Shakira and her team will sit down in the new year to discuss her options. Her deal with Live Nation continues, so her next move will be worked out in partnership with Live Nation.” It is not certain if she will sign again with Sony-owned record label Epic, now headed up by “The X Factor” judge LA Reid. Sources tell us that due to her commitment to her world tour, Shakira has “not yet had the chance to meet with LA Reid since he took over in June.” A rep for Shakira declined to comment.

Source