Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite post of the day?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon December 13th, 2010, 22:36

Commenting on Taylor being #1 and Kanye not being top50 on HDD %54 estimations:
    Quote Originally Posted by jkkdark
    Fcuking awesome for Taylor
    And I'm happy that a joke like Kanye West is out of the top 50 already. Crap music should not sell.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon December 20th, 2010, 19:12

Quote Originally Posted by Charmbracelet
    Poszi, only you would put a Glitter song as your favourite!!
    YES!
    P=MC2's Top 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Merci
    Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon December 20th, 2010, 19:38

Quote Originally Posted by nekoo3372
    Quote Originally Posted by xtofer
    Source?
    this is not Beyonce, we all know Christinas real age ;)
    very smart indeed!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed December 29th, 2010, 10:14

Quote Originally Posted by Play
    Quote Originally Posted by king_oxymoron
    It always fills me with great joy that people think I am over Mike, Ste and Tom
    Wrong thread Adam...there you go:

https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77317
    Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed December 29th, 2010, 12:46

Quote Originally Posted by missfunkymonks
    About Fergie releasing a solo album in 2012

It's gonna be the reason why the world will end in 2012! Just kidding.
    Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

by » Fri December 31st, 2010, 13:15

2011 Predictions

Rihanna will change her hair color twice in 2011. She will change it to green before the re-release of "LOUD" and change it to orange after the re-release of the re-release of "LOUD".

After the success of 'explosive' songs (Bruno Mars' "Grenade", Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" and Katy Perry's "Firework") in 2010, somebody will release a song called "Nuclear Bomb" that will blow everybody away.

Kelly Rowland's album will release three more buzz singles. Her album will be pushed back several times until we reach the end of the year. Her label will be tired of all the pushbacks and will release the album for free for download as a Christmas gift to her fans.

Ameriie's new single will flop. She will add another "i" in her name for good luck before the release of her forthcoming singles. By the end of the year, she will be called "Ameriiiiie".

After the success of kids like Willow Smith and Justin Bieber. There will be more younger kids that will release singles in 2011. There will be a 4-year old singer and a baby.

Cassie will make a huge comeback in 2011.. as a music video guest star. She will appear in 4 hip-hop music videos.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
    and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Tue January 4th, 2011, 03:22

From "This 'N' That" section:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadallstar2
    Even though I'm a virgin, I consider myself a bottom, but I would SO treat you like the little whore you are.

Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

by » Tue January 4th, 2011, 14:03

Quote Originally Posted by hugom2c
    2011 Predictions

Rihanna will change her hair color twice in 2011. She will change it to green before the re-release of "LOUD" and change it to orange after the re-release of the re-release of "LOUD".

After the success of 'explosive' songs (Bruno Mars' "Grenade", Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" and Katy Perry's "Firework") in 2010, somebody will release a song called "Nuclear Bomb" that will blow everybody away.

Kelly Rowland's album will release three more buzz singles. Her album will be pushed back several times until we reach the end of the year. Her label will be tired of all the pushbacks and will release the album for free for download as a Christmas gift to her fans.

Ameriie's new single will flop. She will add another "i" in her name for good luck before the release of her forthcoming singles. By the end of the year, she will be called "Ameriiiiie".

After the success of kids like Willow Smith and Justin Bieber. There will be more younger kids that will release singles in 2011. There will be a 4-year old singer and a baby.

Cassie will make a huge comeback in 2011.. as a music video guest star. She will appear in 4 hip-hop music videos.
    That is gold

by » Tue January 4th, 2011, 23:11

One of my favourite posts that I've read on UKMIX to date:

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyElectric

This is Janft's first album, but sadly they spend most of the budget on whitening toothpaste.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 5th, 2011, 17:54

Talking about Madonna's greatest hits compilation title (Celebration)

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy28
    ^ Personally, I'd have preferred Milk Tray or Dairy Box ( ) over Celebration.

Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon January 10th, 2011, 21:17

Lately UKMIX's Björk fans have began to discuss her ability to break boundaries with her amazing music! I love this post simply because it's totally devoted to Björk and how we fans inspire eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by skapunk
    Oh my! I am so happy to see you all open up in this thread.

chun1702, Medulla videos are easily one of her best. Oceania, Where Is The Line?, Who Is It and Triumph Of A Heart are just artistic best.
    I love the Triumph Of A Heart video. I love the pub scene in the middle when they make those noises, and the funny dance at the end. And yeah, an extra was used for that falling scene, just for your information.
    And I am glad to know you love I've Seen It All as well. You can always PM me if you ever want to talk about the emotions Bjork awakens in you. I'll always be there.

Vindrag, Wow, that was one amazing post. Read it twice.
    I still haven't recovered from the impact of the song. I am still unfolding to it. It has completely shaken my deep hollow soul, still reverberating. I am exactly feeling what you felt. This is the only song I've cried to after Sade's "Pearls", not because its very sad, but just because it resonates with me. Its not a weep of sorrow, but of a sudden realisation.

I would like to add something. I completely agree with you about Vespertine, Medulla and Volta. Those three are my favorite too. But we have to agree, Debut, Post and Homogenic prepare us for V,M,V. They make the transition from meaningless music we have been hearing all the way till now to something magical easier. They make our souls worthy of the emotions V.M.V would invoke is us.

And Vindrag, you can always start all over again with Bjork. I've noticed that about her discography. There is always something more to explore.

'Unravel'...well, what do I say. I have kinda grown out of the song. Though I hate to admit it, but maybe its because of 'I've Seen It All', which has taken over me. I still love the song, and I totally understand why Thom Yorke does too.

I love your love for Volta. Honestly, I still haven't opened up to the album like I have opened up to Medulla. But trust me, I will reach there soon.

God, I just can't stop talking about her and her music. I am sorry but you all might see me talking to myself here a lot.

And RaFanatic, I agree with Vindrag, You should watch the movie and review it here. I would love to know your opinion. I haven't seen the movie myself though. Will have to watch it soon.

Aurooraaa...aaaa aaa aaa aaa aaaa...aaaa aaa aaaaaaaa ooo ooo ooo ooo oo oooooooo....Utter Mundane...
    Luc

and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 09:23

Vindrag!!!! That was so sweet of you. Your post easily beats mine. Your love for Volta is pure.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 09:25

THE BEST POST EVER ON UKMIX. Right from his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrag
    "...eeeh the air pressure forces the molecules? to go tiny..."

Hmm, I have a feeling this might be a slightly disturbed/weird/fuzzy post with some incoherent Björk-related theories - I'm far away from being what people call "sober" at the moment - so excuse me for that!

I dont want to be rude, but One Day comes to mind as probably Björks only "bad" song that whole album is quite summary to be honest The Anchor Song - yikes, how beautiful!!

What can I say, congratulations my dear skapunk - I can still remember every detail in every second from my days with I've Seen It All - it could give me a sense of being entirely empty on emotions. Paralyzed, hollow, and becoming completely apathetic due to all that I've been through, through all that I've seen. Simple lyrics, but with an avoidable terror for some.

And admit that Thom Yorke's love for Unravel must've some sort of connection with your own obsession to that beloved lament.. By the way, I sense a emotionally devestating, nostalgic awakening when you guys are discovering Björk related things in "that" way for the first time so damn jealous and makes me feel real old NEW ALBUM PLEASE BJÖRK, things that I've carved into my mind, her influence is immense!!

RaFanatic - I'd really enjoy reading your thoughts about the movie sometime!! I saw it, I guess several times during one week, run over by Björks talent and the self-recognition in a disturbed mind with melancholy lingering all around. Be patient with the movie, it might come of as slow and just too fuzzy at first. Selmasongs - - - > a classic movie soundtrack!

I want to try and cover all the interesting discussion that's been going on in this golden thread, and finally (in this long and maybe mega-stupid post) what chun1702 wrote about having troubles experiencing the intented concept that links together all 10 tracks for the Volta album. Personally I interpret one of the primary intentions behind Homogenic's production to be more consistent with Volta's soundscape, namely a sonic presentation of the unique Icelandic landscape and the pulse within earth and how humans are connected with this mysterious force.

For me, Volta opens a peephole into humanitys inability to unite with natures immortality, and how natures indefinable power continue to function inside and outside human beings and lies hidden even within our "consciousness". Throughout the whole record Björks manages to combine tragic poetry about us escaping from uncertainty only to fall back into the same mind, and poetry about how various characters' careless determination collides with a disastrous result for an inner security/balance. This, along with the "monstrously" haunting and threatening but also somehow fragile build-up of Wanderlust's beats is a example of when a human spirit seep into "vacuum".

It's like Voltas concept lies hidden within a metaphorical jungle both in music and lyrics, it's a journey with the purpose of discovering something original we all share, something un-explored but constantly present. To find this and try to protect the value of Nature, a gathering place for ourselves and the unknown.

Well... if not.... then Volta is all about experimenting with heavy beats and a brass choir, or just the results of Björks delight with Mr. Fungus Funk!

Almost forgot... - - - > Where Is The Line?

Elastic
    Capacity
    Flexible

Thank you Björk for giving me these key-words for having the best sex, and also for your magical concert in Blackpool 2 years ago, when you, without not being able to imagine it, introduced the audience to WITL? WOW!!!!

Volta is like my baby, Pneumonia being my very first Björk hit, and to be honest... the album is no doubt better than Debut, Post and Homogenic - I consider Volta + Vespertine & Medúlla to be, from several perspectives/views superior to the first three albums as these mentioned has a "stronger personality" - - quite speechless now, but it's like the first 3 are more albums with songs, whereas the V, V and M songs are assembled as a puzzle, like a riddle - as if all 3 of them were someone you knew.

(Except maybe Homogenic, as it is almost on the same majestic level) however.... Vindrag: shut up! OK! declare independence

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 09:43

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyElectric
    This is Janft's first album, but sadly they spend most of the budget on whitening toothpaste.
    OMG I wasn't the only person to laugh at this

That entire thread was hilarious actually, I was in hysterics at some of the covers and people's reactions to them!
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 09:58

Oh dear - "One Day" is one of the better songs on Debut, and "Anchor Song" its only clanger!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 10:28

Oh dear - "One Day" is one of the better songs on Debut, and "Anchor Song" its only clanger!!!
    How interesting this is sometimes.. but I cant put myself into that thought - Anchor Song, pure devotion for her origin, timelessly beautiful!!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 12:03

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    That entire thread was hilarious actually, I was in hysterics at some of the covers and people's reactions to them!
    What thread was that? I want to read it, that post was hilarious

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 14:14

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrag
    How interesting this is sometimes.. but I cant put myself into that thought - Anchor Song, pure devotion for her origin, timelessly beautiful!!
    Bjork's music in the later years (Vespertine, Medulla, Volta) clearly shows that The Anchor Song is actually Bjork's true music, the original Bjork. One Day is just the type of sound which she adapted for her first album (sort of dance). Debut sounds very different from her remaining discography. I think it just wasn't her. Maybe she did it to launch herself in the music industry. I don't know.

God, I can talk Bjork anywhere!

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 15:40

Indeed - "Debut" was very club friendly, which is why it remains unimpeachably my favourite Björk LP ever.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 11th, 2011, 18:20

Yeah let's turn this into a my favorite posts about Björk of the day thread. You should really stop by and take a look at the Björk general discussion thread. It is my favorite thread of the week.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed January 12th, 2011, 11:03

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    OMG I wasn't the only person to laugh at this

When was this?

by » Thu January 13th, 2011, 00:55

Yeah, that Janft post is fantastic. And I don't even know where it was originally made!