Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mylene Farmer

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 02:23

I've just recently started to listen to some of her songs...the ones i know i love them all:

Désenchantée, Fuck Them All, Slipping Away (with Moby), Dégénération, Si j'avais au moins..., Oui... mais non.

I love these tracks, and i'd like to know where to begin with her discography...any fans of her in here? I'm sure there are

BTW, Si j'avais au moins...is such a beautiful ballad...her voice is one of those that goes right with every kind of music IMO!

And i can understand why people call her the French Madonna...at least judging by her videos (from the songs i just told you i like), logetivity, etc...
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 02:26

One more thing...i can't believe this woman is 49 years old!!
    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Superstar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 03:17

She has iconic status in France, so I guess that's the reason for comparing her to Madonna. Anyway, her the best of album "Les mots" from 2001 represents nicely her career, but I have all studio albums by her and it's something worth having. She has experimented with various genres, so I'm sure you'll find many songs you like.
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 14:43

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRodrigues
    One more thing...i can't believe this woman is 49 years old!!

She looks fantastic!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 19:34

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel
    She has iconic status in France, so I guess that's the reason for comparing her to Madonna. Anyway, her the best of album "Les mots" from 2001 represents nicely her career, but I have all studio albums by her and it's something worth having. She has experimented with various genres, so I'm sure you'll find many songs you like.
    i'll try and listen to that Gh album...plus her studio albums since then.

BTW i'm listening her last studio album...the first single is really decieving! The RedOne tracks are a bit out of place, lol...but i love them...some of the other tracks are great too. I still need to get used to this album

Superstar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 22:00

IMO she can't sing I hate her tone. I'm not hating on her, really. I tried soooo hard to like her but I can't cuz her voice makes me feel like a crazy person. There's something about her voice that I hate. I know that she's an icon in France, I respect her . Some of the songs are cool (Dégénération, Fuck Them All) but I can't stand her voice :( :(
    Haven't been early since '88

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 2nd, 2011, 22:22

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    IMO she can't sing I hate her tone. I'm not hating on her, really. I tried soooo hard to like her but I can't cuz her voice makes me feel like a crazy person. There's something about her voice that I hate. I know that she's an icon in France, I respect her . Some of the songs are cool (Dégénération, **** Them All) but I can't stand her voice :( :(
    really? it's the opposite for me actually!

but yeah...i agree, it's not a voice that everyone appreciates for sure

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 3rd, 2011, 04:34

i heard all songs from the 1st cd from les mots...liked some songs...and i was reading the description of the songs on wikipedia...i had no idea she touched so many subjects in her songs! many of them were soo ahead of their time since it was during the 80's...i was surprised!

Legend
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)

by » Mon January 3rd, 2011, 17:34

Yeah, she has a very love/hate voice - you either love it, or hate it, no grey area. She's done some good stuff, like Degeneration, Paradis Inanime, and my personal favourite Les Mots (with Seal).

She's very respected in France, the best-selling homegrown female there.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun March 13th, 2011, 07:28

I'm in love with this woman, she's my favourite singer. I can't even list all my favourites as it would mean writing down almost every song she's made!!

Bleu Noir video is coming out soon, it will be directed by Olivier Dahan - director of La Vie en Rose..Exciting!]

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed March 23rd, 2011, 01:08

After Celine, Mylene is my fav francophone femme artiste. Love her! I was so happy that Bleu Noir was chosen as the second single from the album as its my fav from there. The video is just <3
    Dans ce convoi de larmes
    Je te dédie ma mort
    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 23rd, 2011, 08:15

Quote Originally Posted by lundpop
    After Celine, Mylene is my fav francophone femme artiste. Love her! I was so happy that Bleu Noir was chosen as the second single from the album as its my fav from there. The video is just <3
    Yes I'm really really happy with the video too..I watched it over and over again. I've only watched OMN like twice, couldn't bear it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 02:28

Just saw her last concert. It was the first time i saw her live...and i enjoyed...most of it!

The choreography was very basic...she just can't do much

But seriously! I can't believe she cried in ALL the ballads she sang!!!

It was like 5 or 6 ballads in a row...and she couldn't stop crying!! I had no idea she was so emotional! she cried during all of them! :-?

But i really liked her live vocals...exacly what i was expecting...and she can sing XXL perfectly...which was a surprise! That song is very hard to sing if you suck with your live vocals...you end up screaming xD but she nailed it!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:55

It was like 5 or 6 ballads in a row...and she couldn't stop crying!! I had no idea she was so emotional! she cried during all of them! :-?
    LOL ever watched the Mylenium tour??

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:05

Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel

LOL ever watched the Mylenium tour??
    nop...this was the first concert i saw from her...it's even worse?!

i've seen some opinions about her...and aparently it's something that happens a lot with her

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:29

Let's say she really feels her ballads... she cries A lot when singing Rever and Pas le Temps de Vivre in the Mylenium tour haha

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 15:13

Let's say she really feels her ballads... she cries A lot when singing Rever and Pas le Temps de Vivre in the Mylenium tour haha
    that's not a bad thing, imo!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri June 3rd, 2011, 23:07

New video for Lonely Lisa here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIM4vuVbbk
    Nice one.
    Love the swarovski camel
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri June 3rd, 2011, 23:12

Quote Originally Posted by denise
    New video for Lonely Lisa here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIM4vuVbbk
    Nice one.
    Love the swarovski camel
    btw, how is your mylene farmer discovery? xD

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat June 4th, 2011, 06:12

We have to get Denise into Mylene... Madonna has always been my favourite singer, but I have to say that since discovering Mylene some 6-7 years ago I completely fell in love with her and now is probably at the same level as Madonna. She has an extensive discography and she tours a lot, giving me plenty of material!!!

She touches on basically the same topics as Madonna, but she does it differently, she's even edgier than Madge sometimes.

I would recommend Innamoramento and Avant Que l'Ombre as they are my favourite albums. Anamorphosee, Point De Suture and L'autre are also amazing albums.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat June 4th, 2011, 12:58

We have to get Denise into Mylene... Madonna has always been my favourite singer, but I have to say that since discovering Mylene some 6-7 years ago I completely fell in love with her and now is probably at the same level as Madonna. She has an extensive discography and she tours a lot, giving me plenty of material!!!

She touches on basically the same topics as Madonna, but she does it differently, she's even edgier than Madge sometimes.

I would recommend Innamoramento and Avant Que l'Ombre as they are my favourite albums. Anamorphosee, Point De Suture and L'autre are also amazing albums.
    Mylene is less commercial then Madonna, much more melancholic. She's usually not as positive as Madonna. That's why she has so many slow songs.
    Agree with those albums

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Fri November 25th, 2011, 23:50

I wouldn't go so much into calling MyMy the French Madonna.

Anyways, her new 'Best of' is coming and the first single 'Du Temps' from it has already premiered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezjsn6hlWAE
    Dans ce convoi de larmes
    Je te dédie ma mort
    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun November 27th, 2011, 00:27

Anyways, her new 'Best of' is coming and the first single 'Du Temps' from it has already premiered.

People have got to stop using American artists as some sort of measuring tool. :-? Mylene is Mylene, Madonna is Madonna.
    Azealia Banks is the future!
    RIP Whitney!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun November 27th, 2011, 01:13

Quote Originally Posted by RichyRich

People have got to stop using American artists as some sort of measuring tool. :-? Mylene is Mylene, Madonna is Madonna.
    it was thanks to that "measuring tool" that i now listen to mylene farmer.

I agree that they don't have much in common...but i can see why people compare them.