Thread: Mưa

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 3rd, 2012, 15:17

Quote Originally Posted by Controlfreak
    She's coming. She's finishing up her mixtape now Beauty & the Street Vol. 2 and still recording her 8th studio album. Mess Up My Hair will now feature Beenie Man on the Worldwide edition of K.I.S.S.
    That's great news. I loved Beauty & the Streets, Vol. 1. Hope she actually incorporates that sound in her future albums (especially when she finally releases something in the U.S.).

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 5th, 2012, 08:28

A lot of the material Mya uses is from years ago. She uses a few songs from her archive and place them on her albums like she recently did with K.I.S.S. She's extremely hard worker and multi-talented.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 5th, 2012, 14:49

I really love her music. There's something in her music and voice that makes me want to dance!

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 5th, 2012, 18:03

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I really love her music. There's something in her music and voice that makes me want to dance!
    Are you a fan?

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 5th, 2012, 19:13

Are you a fan?
    Of course!! I'm even the one who started this discussion page, and I'm also in her MyaHarrison.net forums!

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 5th, 2012, 20:50

Are you a fan?
    Of course!! I'm even the one who started this discussion page, and I'm also in her MyaHarrison.net forums!
    Me too what's your s/n on her forums?

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 10th, 2014, 20:45

I think it's possible Mya might make an announcement this week 2/14 marks her 16 year Anniversary since she released her debut single
    "It's All About Me"

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue February 11th, 2014, 02:42

Mưa. When the forum got switched over to the new design, it screwed up any subject title with accented letters, hence this. It's fine when you go to edit the title though.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue October 28th, 2014, 00:02

She had some bops!

Case Of The Ex
    Fallen
    My Love Is Like...Woah
    Ridin

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue October 28th, 2014, 02:58

Nothing else she had tops "Its All About Me."

The best version they have on youtube lol.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_I5VCPmxVc
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue October 28th, 2014, 08:50

Quote Originally Posted by TIfan
    Nothing else she had tops "Its All About Me."

The best version they have on youtube lol.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_I5VCPmxVc
    It's one of my favs by her, but girl no...she got jams.

I miss her. I thought she could've really did something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat February 21st, 2015, 12:52

Sadly, she didn't take advantage of the "Lady Marmalade" success! "My Love Is Like..Wo" could have been bigger if released earlier. :-? :-?

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 28th, 2015, 17:59

Sadly, she didn't take advantage of the "Lady Marmalade" success! "My Love Is Like..Wo" could have been bigger if released earlier. :-? :-?
    I disagree. She continue to have succes in other areas of entertainment. She went on to win an SAG and Critics Choice Movie award for her tidbit part in Chicago.

My Love Is Like...Wo did exceptionally well in the USA. I thought it would do better in Australia and United Kingdom tho seeing as her previous singles Case of the Ex and Free did exceptionally well there too.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue April 28th, 2015, 20:09

I disagree. She continue to have succes in other areas of entertainment. She went on to win an SAG and Critics Choice Movie award for her tidbit part in Chicago.

My Love Is Like...Wo did exceptionally well in the USA. I thought it would do better in Australia and United Kingdom tho seeing as her previous singles Case of the Ex and Free did exceptionally well there too.
    She would have had better momentum as an artist had she released an album earlier than 2003. She took the longest time in making an album out of the Lady Marmalade girls. Both Pink and Christina Aguilera had dominated with M!ssundaztood (2001) and Stripped (2002) respectively, both eras are their best showings.

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 29th, 2015, 05:48

She would have had better momentum as an artist had she released an album earlier than 2003. She took the longest time in making an album out of the Lady Marmalade girls. Both Pink and Christina Aguilera had dominated with M!ssundaztood (2001) and Stripped (2002) respectively, both eras are their best showings.
    She took the longest because she was transitioning from an independent label to a major label. She was signed directly to the label with her new deal at A&M and Interscope. So that took a bit a time out which is why she did Chicago to kill time.

I think Moodring did alright for what its worth, it could've sold better if the label chose better potential singles. Obviously Fallen was a safe choice but not necessarily single material. But what's done is done.

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 29th, 2015, 05:49

She took the longest because she was transitioning from an independent label to a major label. She was signed directly to the label with her new deal at A&M and Interscope. So that took a bit a time out which is why she did Chicago to kill time.

I think Moodring did alright for what its worth, it could've sold better if the label chose better potential singles. Obviously Fallen was a safe choice but not necessarily single material. But what's done is done.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu April 30th, 2015, 23:23

I love Mya's albums, but it's been way too long since she's had a proper release. I haven't been able to get any of her albums since Moodring since they were not accessible to me unless I downloaded them (and I haven't been able to find them).

I've never really understood why artists release albums only in specific, seemingly random markets. Mya's last few albums were in Japan only, which I guess makes sense since they seem to have a big market for American music, but it does nothing to grow her fanbase anywhere else. She's had some amazing singles (Case of the Ex, for example) and it's too bad people aren't more aware of her.

I personally have no interest in EPs at all, so I haven't paid much attention to all the EPs she's been releasing. Hopefully she comes out with a full album at some point.

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 2nd, 2015, 09:05

Quote Originally Posted by firefairyangel
    I love Mya's albums, but it's been way too long since she's had a proper release. I haven't been able to get any of her albums since Moodring since they were not accessible to me unless I downloaded them (and I haven't been able to find them).

I've never really understood why artists release albums only in specific, seemingly random markets. Mya's last few albums were in Japan only, which I guess makes sense since they seem to have a big market for American music, but it does nothing to grow her fanbase anywhere else. She's had some amazing singles (Case of the Ex, for example) and it's too bad people aren't more aware of her.

I personally have no interest in EPs at all, so I haven't paid much attention to all the EPs she's been releasing. Hopefully she comes out with a full album at some point.
    If you're interested you can purchase K.I.S.S. through her website if that album is still available for purchase. Beauty & the Streets Vol. 1 was accessible in stores but only certain retail stores such as F.Y.I and Best Buy i believe.

She chose Japan because Japan was receptive to Liberation after it leaked in that territory. She released music there exclusively because she was offered a recording contract with a label over in Japan. She really haven't explained to her fans what happened behind the scenes with Liberation until more recently and all the internal conflict she endured at the label although some questions remain unanswered.

The EPs are just to hold fans over until she ever do decide to release another studio album. I hope she does release a new album this year it been almost 4 years since she released K.I.S.S.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 3rd, 2015, 01:57

I can't believe it's been 4 years since K.I.S.S.! Hopefully we do get an album this year. I wasn't too big on her latest EP.

Also Whatever Chick > Whatever Bitch. I hate the part in the beginning for the latter.

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 3rd, 2015, 08:58

I can't believe it been almost 4 years either. But however I do think she's trying to release her next album in a major way through a joint venture with a major label.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 3rd, 2015, 23:29

I can't believe it been almost 4 years either. But however I do think she's trying to release her next album in a major way through a joint venture with a major label.
    Sadly I think it may not happen since I feel she may have to compromise a little bit, but she wants full control doesn't she? I really want her to go major again though, some of her independent music sounds a little cheap, but I guess that is to be expected and I can't fault her for that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 4th, 2015, 02:15

I agree with GetBack. By taking such an extended hiatus after the 'Lady Marmalade' phenomenon, Mya risked doing irreparable damage to her career, and when she finally did come back in late 2003, Beyonce had already developed a huge stranglehold on the R&B market with no room for upward mobility (I think a clip exists somewhere of Mya introducing 'Crazy in Love' on a BET countdown ).
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    This is her most overrated song ever. And one of my least favorite [Kween] songs.
    Two Noodz Later:
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    You made me appreciate and love the GOAT

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 4th, 2015, 03:33

^^^^ There were other successful R&B divas in 03/04 besides Beyoncé.
    Diva!!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 4th, 2015, 07:12

Quote Originally Posted by minime
    Sadly I think it may not happen since I feel she may have to compromise a little bit, but she wants full control doesn't she? I really want her to go major again though, some of her independent music sounds a little cheap, but I guess that is to be expected and I can't fault her for that.
    Hopefully it does but I doubt it. Mya not willing to comprise and I don't blame her. I would want full control after being taken through the ringer with pushback and leak. The independent music she releases is cool. At times it does have a cheap feel to it but I'm not bothered by it. I just want music period. Her independent music is better than half the shit major labels and artists release.
    Her independent music now has a geninue authentic feel to it now.