Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tinashe

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-04-11, 20:09

"Every single day, I wake up and live my dream, over and over." That's not something that most 18-year-old girls can say. That's not something most people, any age, can say. But calling Tinashe different is an understatement.

Born Tinashe Jorgensen Kachingwe to a Zimbabwean father and an Irish/Norwegian/Danish mother in Lexington, Kentucky (and growing up in DeKalb, Illinois) this girl was born to be a somebody. "When people ask me things like 'how long have you been singing' they're surprised to hear me say 18 years. I've been singing since before I could even talk. Music was my first language."

Tinashe's parents immediately noticed that she had an extraordinary voice and a passion to sing, as well as a remarkable ability to dance. It became apparent that Tinashe's enthusiastic love of music and unique desire to perform was unlike most children. As a way to appease her eagerness to entertain, she signed to an agency where she worked as a baby model, and soon, a child actor. By the age of seven, she had posed for countless advertisements, was featured in several commercials, starred in a feature length film, and was writing her own songs and performing them wherever people would listen. In 2001 Tinashe and her family relocated to Los Angeles, California. There, not only did she book even more acting jobs, she utilized her years of formal dance training as a nationally competitive dancer in styles such as Ballet, Tap, Contemporary, and Hip-hop. At age 11 she appeared on the television contest show "America's Most Talented Kids" where she beat out future R&B singer Colby O'Donnis who was famously featured on Lady GaGa's first single "Just Dance".

Although professionally Tinashe was excelling, she found herself severely bullied in school. "People threw food and trash at me in the hallways, called me names… it was horrible. By far, it was the worst time of my life." Fortunately Tinashe, who had always been a straight A-student, was able to test out of school several years early to get away from the bullies and concentrate on her career full-time. Singing, after all, had always been her greatest love and strongest ambition, and she longed for the day where she would be old enough to live out her dream as a recording artist.

At age 14 Tinashe was approached by singer/songwriter Colleen "Vitamin C" Fitzpatrick about creating a new all girl-singing and dancing group. Tinashe quickly joined, and things took off. The Stunners, consisting of Tinashe and four other girls, were signing with Columbia Records, then Lionsgate Entertainment and eventually Universal Republic Records. During the group's life, they shot 4 music videos, released a single featuring Warner Bros. recording artists the New Boyz, had a scripted MTV pilot ordered, and toured with singing sensation and pop culture phenomenon Justin Bieber.

"My favorite thing about my job is touring. You simply cannot describe the feeling of being on stage with people cheering and singing along; It's by far the most rewarding part of entertainment because it gives you the opportunity to experience firsthand how your music is affecting others. I have the best, most supportive fans ever, so going out to hang with them… it's a fantastic thing."

"In March of 2011, Tinashe officially announced she was going solo.

So what's next for Tinashe? New music, new videos, and a lot more of her infamously goofy shenanigans should be expected. Her sexy style, laid-back attitude, and crazy sense of humor sets her apart from other young artists currently in the business; She comfortably inhabits the singing/dancing/acting realm of some of entertainments most iconic firebrands, yet manages to breathe fresh air into an industry of copycats and idea-recycling replicas. Her zest for continuously evolving as an entertainer and keeping people guessing will surely make for an exciting journey. If you're reading this, it is likely that you are interested in discovering what is in store for her, seeing as most people don't even CLICK the "bio" tab on a website, let alone read the entire thing. …and to that she says, "I guess you'll just have to wait and see!"
    Introducing Tinashe!
    This girl makes me CRACK

She's so adorable! See for yourself: Ask Tinashe.. Episode 1

As for the music, she's working on her debut album. She recently released a cover of Rihanna's 'California King Bed' to Youtube.

Also, a smokin' hot production by The Cataracs, entitled Chainsaw leaked. It's my JAM.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-04-11, 20:41

I quite liked that song that The Stunners had. Tinashe seems to be very talented though and needs songs that showcase that which "Chainsaw" doesn't!

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-02-14, 16:36

Fader article

Tinashe Kachingwe takes pride in producing, recording and self-releasing her own songs, but unlike most of her peers seeking R&B stardom through free mixtapes, at 21, she is already a credible industry veteran. And not just with music: Tinashe has acted in movies (Akeelah and the Bee), recorded voiceovers for animated films (The Polar Express) and been on TV (Two and a Half Men), in addition to opening 20 shows for Justin Bieber as part of the since-disbanded six-piece The Stunners. She’s an artist of many mediums—can you tell she was born in the ’90s? But it’s her solo music that caught our ear (and recently landed her a deal with RCA), and it’s her inclination to work both sides of the recording booth that’s won our respect. From her home in LA, Tinashe spoke about growing up a performer, doing interviews in the Twitter era and why, whether you’re signed to a major or seeking a deal, there’s nothing like doing it yourself.
    —duncan cooper

Tinashe: My dad was born in Zimbabwe, and my mom is from Iowa. My earliest memories are singing songs in the household, either with my family or performing for them. It was just a big part of my day-to-day. My parents played a lot of Sade, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Tony! Toni! Toné!, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and I kind of learned by mimicking what they were doing. From when I was like, one year old, my parents realized I had a huge passion for putting on a show. I started dancing when I was four, and I was in my first movie when I was five, but I never felt like my parents were pushing me in any particular direction. They were just there to support me.

The first artist I was a big fan of that my parents didn’t introduce me to was Christina Aguilera. She was the first concert I went to, and vocally, she was a big influence. I was young at the time—probably seven—and she was still a teenager, just a kid who could out-sing her competition. A few years later, I rediscovered Janet, and I got to listen to some of her albums that were older than the ones my parents had played when I was little. I’d watch all her concert DVDs, try to learn the choreography. It was very exciting to feel like you could dig up all this research on somebody.

In the digital age, things in the music industry have changed really quickly in a short period of time. Even the concept of interviews is different now. Most of the questions I get asked by journalists have already been asked on Twitter and Facebook 100,000 times, and my fans all know the answers. But that does open doors for new ways of doing things, and hopefully it’ll spark artists to be more creative with how they put out information. I just don’t want to be put in a box. I want to have the ability to grow and evolve.

Record labels don’t necessarily have the formula in black-and-white anymore. I can just look at my peers and obviously see that no one is going in stores and buying music. I realized that, hey, it’s probably more valuable for more people to hear my music than for me to sell it. For the free mixtapes that I put out, the label basically wasn’t involved at all. I either made the beats myself, found people I knew through social media or literally crowd-sourced production. I recorded it myself, I mixed it myself. I don’t think it’s essential to do that, because there’s so many professionals who’re paid to do those jobs, but I think it’s incredibly, incredibly advantageous. It’s so much faster: my last three projects were only put out because I was able to create the music myself, and I wasn’t limited by waiting for someone to do something for me. It’s just so easy to go on YouTube and learn to do anything. Why not know how to produce, why not know how to mix, why not know how to record when it’s so simple to do it yourself?
    LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-03-14, 14:52

Painted Faces is by far her best tune. She needs to go down that route.. Her voice fits alternative dance perfectly.

Tbh, Jacques Green makes everyone sound angelic... But this girl has something special. Every time I listen to that tune I melt away.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-09-14, 00:53

Just saw "2 On" yesterday on Channel [V]. This woman is amazing!
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-09-14, 05:44

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Just saw "2 On" yesterday on Channel [V]. This woman is amazing!
    Stan sis.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-09-14, 22:45

Album "Aquarius" out in 7 days!!

Already available for streaming, but no, I'll be patiently waiting on October 7th

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-10-14, 00:40

Man she is gorge

Quote Originally Posted by theArmy

Already available for streaming, but no, I'll be patiently waiting on October 7th
    Sis it's amazing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-10-14, 08:35

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1

Sis it's amazing.
    I'll manage to survive these days somehow....

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-10-14, 22:43

She's featured on the last track of Calvin's new album "Motion", out Nov. 9th

15. Dollar Signs (feat. Tinashe)

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-10-14, 23:06

She is a breath of fresh air. I wish all the best to her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-10-14, 05:55

She's fastly becoming one of my favorite artist.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-10-14, 16:31

Performin' 2 On & Pretend tomorrow on Jimmy Kimmel!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-10-14, 17:13

Performin' 2 On & Pretend tomorrow on Jimmy Kimmel!!
    Yas.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-11-14, 15:53

I'm just listening to her album for the first time and I'm so glad I did

I love it
    BS:TS:IA:NM

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 30-11-14, 22:16

She did an interesting interview with Noisey
    http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/tinas ... llion-2014

Great shoot for the article too, love the theme of it

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-12-14, 03:24

Nice concept, love the colors but.... no. She looks horrible.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-12-14, 21:25

Love her music and that photoshoot's concept is cool, but she is definately not a model