Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    Moderator and Site Supporter
    • 28 Feb 2009

Angie Bolen was also a highlight but the eco-terrorist storyline with John Barrowman was awful.
    I didn’t like the Gaby/Lynette feud and Lynette having her 73rd child, but her segment in the ‘If’ episode was great.

Comment

• hun
      The Diva
      • 13 Feb 2010

Randomly started watching S6 again. From what I remember, it really went downhill after ‘If...’ but the first few episodes are great so far. Katherine is so camp!

Comment

• hun
        The Diva
        • 13 Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spartan
        Angie Bolen was also a highlight but the eco-terrorist storyline with John Barrowman was awful.
        I didn’t like the Gaby/Lynette feud and Lynette having her 73rd child, but her segment in the ‘If’ episode was great.
        Their feud was so clumsy. Lynette gets fired by Carlos and then she is begging Gaby for forgiveness in the next episode

Comment

• hun
          The Diva
          • 13 Feb 2010

We were robbed of a scene Bree finding out Carl was dead

Comment

• Spartan
            • 28 Feb 2009

Originally posted by biscuits
            We were robbed of a scene Bree finding out Carl was dead
            It's a shame, plus I don't recall ever seeing Julie grieving either.

I enjoyed Bree and Karl as a couple tbh. I liked pretty much all of Bree's pairings aside from Rex and George.

Comment

• Artoo
              • 01 May 2005

I liked Rex - I thought it was a loss to kill him off so soon, especially as they had a long marriage and plenty of issues to work through.

I get why they did it (they wanted to completely break the stepford mom person and explore who that type of woman otherwise is) but I just felt there was a lot more story there to tell - no sooner her Rex been humanised to her (through his extra marital activities) did she forgive him only for him to die.

That scene where she refuses to breakdown until she’d finished polishing her spoon is one of the greatest TV scenes ever imo.

Considering they later brought in his son from another woman, I wish season 2 had focused on Bree discovering Rex had not only a son, but an entire other family. It would have felt more organic than Tom doing that to Lynette imo.
              I don't need no good advice, I'm already wasted​.

Comment

• hun
                The Diva
                • 13 Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spartan
                It's a shame, plus I don't recall ever seeing Julie grieving either.

I enjoyed Bree and Karl as a couple tbh. I liked pretty much all of Bree's pairings aside from Rex and George.

You only liked Bree with Keith cos you’re thirsty. That was the lowest point in her entire story arc.

They should have killed off Orson and let Bree be with Karl but she felt guilty so maybe she could have started dranking and we watch them struggle as a couple. And she would have been Julie’s stepmother too. A lot of potential wasted for a gimmick death.

Comment

• hun
                  The Diva
                  • 13 Feb 2010

Season 7 was the absolute lowest point

- boring marriage problems for the Scavos
                  - Gaby baby swap
                  - Bree and Keith
                  - Susan financial problems
                  - Renee was very one dimensional this season
                  - No Edie or Katherine
                  - a mystery surrounding characters who were completely irrelevant by this point

Comment

• Spartan
                    • 28 Feb 2009

You only liked Bree with Keith cos you’re thirsty. That was the lowest point in her entire story arc.

They should have killed off Orson and let Bree be with Karl but she felt guilty so maybe she could have started dranking and we watch them struggle as a couple. And she would have been Julie’s stepmother too. A lot of potential wasted for a gimmick death.
                    Brian Austin Green is so damn fine.

S7 ruined the Felicia/Paul storyline but I’m glad it got closure. I enjoyed the street riot episode, hated the Susan needs a new kidney follow-up storyline but appreciated the Beth character.

Eva did the best she could with the baby swap but Gaby just came across as so disliked.

Comment

• Spartan
                      • 28 Feb 2009

Only my latest rewatch, Renee was better than I recalled her being. Plus the scene with her and the dwarf was hilarious. I could’ve done without the past romance of her and Tom being dredged up.

Comment

• hun
                        The Diva
                        • 13 Feb 2010

I know we all say it repeatedly, but Angie was really good. I might have preferred her staying on instead of introducing Renee.

After rewatching S6, it’s good but so predictable, not just in content but dialogue and jokes. I literally know what every character is going to say before they’ve said it. While that may be a good thing because it means the characters are established and not acting out of turn, it’s also boring because it reduces any LOL moments

Comment

• hun
                          The Diva
                          • 13 Feb 2010

I think I’d rank em like this:

Season 1
                          Season 2
                          Season 8
                          Season 3
                          Season 4
                          Season 6
                          Season 5
                          Season 7

Comment

• hun
                            The Diva
                            • 13 Feb 2010

Lynette is definitely the strongest by S6. I think all the viewers highly anticipated her big dramatic scenes, especially during the stunt episodes. She’s easily the most watchable

Comment

• Spartan
                              • 28 Feb 2009

As an actress, Huffman was easily the best. As a character, Lynette could be unlikeable (but they all could at times) yet remained the most relatable.

I just trawled through the last few pegs of this thread and recalled saying that I enjoyed the later seasons more than I could remember, but I don’t think I enjoyed S8 very much.

1. S1
                              2. S4
                              3. S3
                              4. S2
                              5. S7
                              6. S6
                              7. S8
                              8. S5

i think this would’ve been my rating after the last rewatch. I think I even contemplated putting S4 first.

Comment

• hun
                                The Diva
                                • 13 Feb 2010

I really like 8, especially because the 4 women shared a storyline

Comment

• Spartan
                                  • 28 Feb 2009

I really like 8, especially because the 4 women shared a storyline

It it started out well. Then they turned Chuck into a villain (which was a massive mistake IMO) and had Susan paint that stupid painting as part of her dismal art teacher storyline and it started to lose me.

Comment

• hun
                                    The Diva
                                    • 13 Feb 2010

Eddie as the Fairview strangler was fine but was executed as too slap dash. They should have spent more time embedding him into the show.

The fact he was was best man for one of the Scavo twins (the one marrying the Russian whore) was so forced. If they really had planned this story out before the season started, he should have been in from the first episode of S6. Actually, it gets revealed that he was hanging out with Susan just before getting back with Mike, so he should have been appearing from the end of S5. It would have made it much more impactful.

They could have had Zach Young as the strangler too, as he would fit the description of a psycho and was obsessed with Julie.

Comment

• Westen
                                      Legend
                                      • 11 Jun 2013

I was excited when Vanessa was announced as a new housewife, but she had no story in DH. They never gave her a spotlight. She was just there...

Such a waste of great actress. I feel like ABC forced them into adding her after they canceled Ugly Betty.

Comment

• Westen
                                        Legend
                                        • 11 Jun 2013

- Gaby baby swap
                                        This was the worst storyline of the show. It was too complex and hard storyline for a show like DH. DH weren't cable drama where that kind of storyline would've worked

Comment

• Westen
                                          Legend
                                          • 11 Jun 2013

I would rank seasons like this

S1
                                          S4
                                          S3
                                          S2
                                          S6
                                          S5
                                          S8
                                          S7

TV channels here re-aired first two seasons for years, I know every second of them. I was so when they finally started airing next two seasons. I immediately fell in love with S3 and especially S4. I loved Kathrine, I loved her story, tornado episode, season finale. But last time when I re-watched the show I realized that I preferred S1 overall, it just has that magic touch. I remember like it was yesterday when I watched the pilot and falling in love with it in 2005.

Like I said, I used to watch S2 a lot, but I don't like it that much, it was all over the place, it was really messy season after S1. But I have to place it high because I loved it before I watched other seasons...

S5 started promising but became so hard to watch once Eddie died and her husband had a lot of screen time, and them only finding out about him at the very last minute... It was annoying to watch.
                                          S6 actually gets better with age for me, except of last few episodes and their story lines. S7 is not bad, I enjoyed Paul storyline, but it wasn't as exciting season, especially after riot episode, but then I was slayed by the cliffhanger in season finale.

S8 had its moments, but overall, it could've been done a bit better, everything screamed Lifetime movie.

Anyway, finale was great, I just wish there wasn't 'they never saw each other again' in it... They can't do a reboot thanks to it.

Comment

Working...