Thread: Desperate Housewives

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed July 13th, 2011, 22:57

Quote Originally Posted by Charmbracelet
    Even though I think Lynette is a bitch to him.
    Oh, we're on different teams
    Tom whining because of his so-called 'depression', acting so "I'm offended" whenever Lynette disagreed with him and she was clearly right. I hated him this season

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed July 13th, 2011, 23:15

Quote Originally Posted by Leo92
    Even though I think Lynette is a bitch to him.
    Oh, we're on different teams
    Tom whining because of his so-called 'depression', acting so "I'm offended" whenever Lynette disagreed with him and she was clearly right. I hated him this season
    Yes but she is so interfering and emasculates him at every oppurtunity! (e.g. the interior design thing). If I was straight and she was my wife she would be buried in the backyard and I would be serving a life sentence! In fact I am surprised Tom hasn't snapped yet and just killed her!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 08:01

I think Season 4 was definitely D.H.'s peak, but Season 5 was pretty amazing too.I loved seeing Gabrielle outside her comfort zone, with the extra weight, rowdy kids & poverty.

Season 6 was the only season i can call truly "shit" though.The storyline with the terrorist neighbours was so weak.Isn't this the season where Katherine turned into a lesbian? How convenient.

Season 7, i think, was pretty decent.It started off amazingly, got a little redundant in the middle, but in the end it managed to pull itself together.
    Gabby's obsession with dolls was such a cringeworthy moment though.
    Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 10:21

I hope there are no new characters with their own mysteries, this doesn't work anymore, S6 showed it.
    BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 10:32

I think S6 is underrated, especially the mystery! Loved Angie to death.

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 11:46

I liked S6. The Bolens were good - especially Angie and Danny. But the strangler storyline let it down. It was forgotten about then picked up again, then forgotten about. At I thought it was pretty weird that Lynette seemed so keen for the strangler to deliver her baby. They also wasted Gabby's niece, I thought she was meant to have her own storyline but that went down the pan. The Gaby/Lynette feud was stupid, the plane crash was unspectacular but 'If' was a great episode, especially Lynette's parts. Bree's affair with Karl was okay, if mundane - then they killed him off. Orson was just beyond irritating. I don't even remember what Susan was up to in this season, probably moping in self-pity as always.

/rant over.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 14:34

^^^Good points. S6 started in a spectacular way (Julie strangling) but then slowly became not so good.
    I loved Angie (love Drea in everything) and her mystery looked good at first but later just dragged on and bored me.... They had to do something better with it, a stereotypical mob storyline would be better than the environment terror crap they came up with. Imagine Adriana from the Sopranos hiding in suburbs, now that would be a good storyline...

The Diva
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 21:25

Angie was a great character. Her husband was not likeable at all though.

And yes, I really cannot remember anything Susan did in S6! Anybody remember?

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 21:26

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Angie was a great character. Her husband was not likeable at all though.

And yes, I really cannot remember anything Susan did in S6! Anybody remember?
    From Wiki:

Susan and Mike re-marry, following the events of Season 5. However, her happiness is short-lived, as she now has to deal with Katherine's anger and jealousy towards her. Meanwhile, her daughter, Julie Mayer, becomes the victim of a violent attack, which hospitalizes her. Susan is now looking for answers. Who committed this horrible act, and what has been going on in her daughter's life that she felt she needed to hide from her? Susan discovers Bree and Karl's affair, and, after some arguing, gives the relationship her blessing.

When Karl Mayer dies in the plane crash in "Boom Crunch", it is revealed that he had a share in a strip club when his will is read and that he has left his share to Susan. Susan is not pleased and becomes upset when she finds out that Mike is a regular visitor to the strip club. Susan decides to sell her portion, which she does, but convinces Robin Gallagher, a stripper, to reconsider her life and encourages her to quit her job, which she then does.

Susan is currently facing another crisis in her marriage with Mike when he begins to have financial problems and refuses her help. When the problems grows even more, they have no other option but leave their house in Wisteria Lane. Unknown to Susan, the man who rented her house is actually Paul Young, the man who not only killed Martha Huber, but also destroyed Susan and Mike's lives in seasons 1 and 2.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 21:37

I remember Susan going crazy and almost dropping the car on Angie's son when she thought he was the strangler. Then Angie confronted her, loved that scene...

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu July 14th, 2011, 22:04

The strangler one was really good when they revealed it to be who it was. It made me go "aaaah I understand" - one of their better mysteries. The bit that let it down was the end with him, Lynette and the birth, I really hated that part.

I hated Anna though! She was such a spoilt bratty bitch! And now she is gone and might as well never have existed, what was the point of her?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri July 15th, 2011, 21:58

Season 6 was a mess.
    It started off well, with Katherine's lunacy, but they kinda dropped the ball on that one.
    The Bolen's were interesting (at least, Angie was), but their storyline was so boring & predictable.
    Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat July 16th, 2011, 12:16

Anna was underused, she had some good stories with Gabby at the start but then she disappeared. She had a lot of potential though...

The Diva
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by Sat July 16th, 2011, 13:58

Yeah, I think they wasted a great opportunity with Gabby and Anna. It's the closet we would have got to seeing Gabby with a teenage daughter. Anna and the Bolan boy was totally unbelievable too!

Season 6 lacked the 'fifth housewife' character, i.e. Edie, Renee.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun July 31st, 2011, 10:41

Brenda Strong promises more Desperate Housewives flashbacks

Brenda Strong has promised fans her character of Mary Alice Young will feature in more flashbacks during the eighth season of ABC's Desperate Housewives.

The actress' character committed suicide in the pilot episode of the series and the mystery surrounding her death - and reasons behind her suicide - were the "main mystery" of the first season. Despite being killed off the actress is still part of the show narrating the episodes and appearing in flashbacks and fantasy sequences. The actress has promised she'll appear in more flashbacks in the show's forthcoming 8th season.

"My presence will be woven in more as a series bookend since we know it's probably the final year Flashbacks will provide some new Young family information that will culminate in an amazing finale." - Brenda Strong

It was recently hinted that ABC may bring Desperate Housewives to an end after its 8th season. It will depend though on the performances of new dramas such as Once Upon A Time and Pan Am as well as the rebooted Charlie's Angels. The shows own ratings performance will also factor into ABC's decision over DH's future. It's been reported the main cast do have options to do a ninth season should ABC decide to order one.

Brenda Strong is amongst the cast of TNT's revival of Dallas in which she plays Ann Ewing, the new wife of Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy). A ten-part series, based on the pilot, has been ordered by TNT for next summer.

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun July 31st, 2011, 21:08

I still love this show and Season 7's finale was like old DH, all of them reunited in a mystery - brilliant twist. It works best when they're all in on something and united rather than living separate lives, that's why for me Susan living off the lane never quite worked.

It's had its silly moments like Gabby's doll obsession and I wish they'd quit with the "new character mystery" thing. At least with Paul Young we knew his background so it made his feud with Felicia and story with Beth more interesting, though the poisoning thing and his eventual exit was all a bit limp.

Renee definitely needs to stick around, she'll never be Edie but she's a great addition and I think there's more mileage in her and Tom now that him and Lynette have split - something I think's a good move for the show as it gets them out of the cycle of bitching and moaning and hopefully gives Lynette more to do.

Season 4 definitely was amazing and the show's peak, the tornado episode can't be beat! I enjoyed Season 5 and loved the finale personally and the build up to the strangler reveal. I also agree that Angie was a great character and despite John Barrowman's unconvincing appearance it was an exciting climax to that story.

Personally I'd love the show to keep running, I have no desire for them to axe it after this season!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun July 31st, 2011, 21:11

am i the only one who really liked s5?
    Find me on Last.fm

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 09:57

Why does Brenda say it's probably their final year??? :( :( I thought they were sure for 2 more seasons....

Whatever happens I hope they know in advance if it's the end or not so that they can have a proper ending.

I also hope ABC doesn't treat them like crap again with little promo and terrible scheduling. DH can have good ratings all season long if they do things the right way for a change.

The Diva
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 13:16

Mary Alice just seems so pointless now. Even in the last season, which had her family in it, she didn't fit in anywhere. When she was narrating, she spoke of Paul as though he was a new character, not her husband.

They should have Edie narrate another episode and just let her poke fun at everything, because it's becoming less and less funny these days.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 13:24

They should have Edie narrate another episode and just let her poke fun at everything, because it's becoming less and less funny these days.
    They should have Edie narrate EVERY episode from now on, I agree, Mary Alice doesn't seem like someone who once knew these people, and just sounds like some no-name narrator.

Getting rid of Edie was the show's biggest mistake ever and that would be the only legitimate way to bring her back. I would say just bring her "back from the dead" and say she never died and it was a scam or something, but the episodes that dealt with her death were so good especially Gaby's memory were really good and I wouldn't want to negate that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 13:26

They should just have Wisteria Lane hit by some sort of electromagnetic pulse that means they all develop supernatural powers and everybody can see Edie's ghost

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 14:00

They should have Edie narrate EVERY episode from now on, I agree, Mary Alice doesn't seem like someone who once knew these people, and just sounds like some no-name narrator.

Getting rid of Edie was the show's biggest mistake ever and that would be the only legitimate way to bring her back. I would say just bring her "back from the dead" and say she never died and it was a scam or something, but the episodes that dealt with her death were so good especially Gaby's memory were really good and I wouldn't want to negate that.
    Yes, Edie's death and the way they said good bye to the character were so good, great way to kill off someone if it has to happen.

Maybe they could use all the dead characters (God knows there's a lot of those ) to narrate episodes for the last season and the MA in the end. I would love Martha Huber to do it permanently too.

My suggestion for the last episode - a meteor hits the street, everyone dies, a fitting end.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 14:07

I'd love them to bring Edie back, her loss has left a big gap in the show IMO. I love it still but with Edie it was more complete than with Renee

The Diva
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by Mon August 1st, 2011, 14:10

Quote Originally Posted by ginnyfan
    Maybe they could use all the dead characters (God knows there's a lot of those ) to narrate episodes for the last season and the MA in the end.
    That would be good. There must be so many dead characters!

Mary Alice Young
    Martha Huber
    Matthew Applewhite
    Rex Van de Kamp
    George Williams
    Alma Hodge
    Nora (Kayla's crazy mom)
    Carolyn Bigsby (did she die?)
    Victor Lang
    Wayne Davis (Katherine's psycho ex)
    Edie Britt
    Dave Williams
    Ida Greenberg
    Beth Young
    Felicia Tillman
    Karl Meyer

Of course there are lots more, but these are some of the established, regular chacters who have died.