Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Lambert

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu June 16th, 2011, 13:04

Just noticed my fave Idol contestant ever doesn't have his own topic! So here's one

I can't be the only Adam fan on UKMIX!

At the moment, I'm listening to all his stuff - his album, his Idol performances, his Glam Nation CD, everything woo

He's SO talented <3

He toured here last year and I wish I'd gone! When he comes again, I am SO there!
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu June 16th, 2011, 13:08

I love his music. New album news?

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu June 16th, 2011, 13:16

Meh, all I know is that it's supposed to come out this year. I wish it would be soon, I'm dying for some new material!
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Thu June 16th, 2011, 14:39

I love Adam Lambert too. My favourite songs from him are For Your Entertainment and If I Had You. They're both incredible up-tempo numbers. Can't wait for the new album to drop!
    I was ambitious, though I didn’t know exactly what I was shooting for. Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child – What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu June 16th, 2011, 15:47

I'm dying for a collaboration with Ke$ha. Trash glitter heaven

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri June 17th, 2011, 02:03

I love everything he's done, but especially his ballads! My fave songs by him are Sleepwalker and Broken Open, but I also adore Soaked, A Loaded Smile and Music Again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Fri June 17th, 2011, 02:09

Quote Originally Posted by alxx
    I'm dying for a collaboration with Ke$ha. Trash glitter heaven
    That would be interesting.
    I was ambitious, though I didn’t know exactly what I was shooting for. Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child – What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Fri June 17th, 2011, 03:11

I don't see him as an Idol contestand anymore! He's superior to them other past winners!

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Fri June 17th, 2011, 06:04

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    I don't see him as an Idol contestand anymore! He's superior to them other past winners!
    Well, not all of them, but most.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat June 18th, 2011, 09:31

It's actually funny I say Adam is my fave Idol alumni ever, cos I didn't even watch the season of Idol he was on

It was the only season I missed apart from the first season (they never showed it over here, they skipped directly to season 2 :-?).

But Adam is the only Idol alumni I have any CDs by!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat June 18th, 2011, 21:02

I'm a fan too!
    His version of "Mad World" and "Black or White" >>>

by » Sat June 18th, 2011, 21:08

can't believe he didn't win on American Idol :x

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Sun June 19th, 2011, 08:58

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    Well, not all of them, but most.
    All the boys, YES!... now talking about winners, if you look at the past seasons, lol... they're all pasrt their prime time (15 minutes of fame)... Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson & Adam Lambert are definitely jewels from that show! Love them both.... I'm so in love with him...

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Sun June 19th, 2011, 09:20

NEW YORK POST

A funny thing happened in the course of producing this summer’s breezily entertaining breakout hit, “The Voice.” A potential disaster, actually. After the conclusion of the auditions, during which a quartet of coaches chose singers for their teams, host Carson Daly went out onstage and said, “We have a problem.”
    The coaches had not selected enough contestants. Only Cee Lo Green had the requisite eight; Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton were all short. What to do?
    “I was on the floor. I was actually sitting in the audience,” says executive producer Mark Burnett. “I talked to the cameramen, talked to the coaches. They didn’t know how many [contestants] were left. They had never seen these performers, or seen audition tapes or heard them before.”

MATTHEW ROLSTON/NBC
    Christina Aguilera

Then Aguilera, who serves as the Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and J.Lo of “The Voice,” came up with a brilliant idea. And the only one that would work.
    “She said, ‘Why don’t we see some of them again?’ ” Burnett says.

But where were they? “Many had already left the studio,” Burnett admits. “We sent minivans to the hotel to bring them back.” The mastermind behind “Survivor” now wishes he had had the foresight to work that rescue mission into the show somehow. “It would have been a brilliant moment of television, to show that,” he says.
    When the singers that the coaches wanted back took to the stage, they sang songs that were completely unrehearsed, songs that the band already knew.
    “They were singing for their lives,” Burnett says.
    Improvised moments such as these set “The Voice” apart from rivals such as “American Idol,” whose structures have been in place for years. “The Voice,” which is headed into its final two weeks, is also a more democratic talent show than “Idol,” as its contestants have a wider age range. Most satisfying, though, are the song choices, which lean heavily toward contemporary music. The contestants are not asked to sing material their parents and grandparents played on the victrola.
    “It’s a breath of fresh air. We’re not trying to make a country singer sing Motown. Or an R&B singer do country,” Burnett says. “They’re allowed to be themselves. It’s coach-and-artist driven.”
    His production team is headed by MTV veteran Audrey Morrissey who worked on “Unplugged,” the “VMAs” and “The Movie Awards,” among other specials.“They’re very experienced in contemporary music,” Burnett says. As a result, “Slightly older people are discovering newer songs for the first time,” he says.
    The success of “The Voice” also hinges on the chemistry of the judges, superstars in their respective musical worlds.

“In classroom terms, what you’ve got are three naughty boys and the hot teacher who tries to keep them in line,” Burnett says with sly assurance.
    “Christina’s not just the hot teacher. She’s the naughty, hot teacher,” says Shelton. “The one who makes it into the news for doing naughty things.”
    Shelton was a stranger to the TV world before he signed on and it took one night at the West Hollywood Soho House — and Burnett’s credit card — for the coaches to feel comfortable with each other.
    “By the end of the night, we were all high-fiving,” Shelton says. “We talked about relationships and marriages and drank a lot of expensive Champagne.”

MATTHEW ROLSTON/NBC
    Christina Aguilera

How expensive? “Thousands of dollars,” Burnett says. “I bet they went through five bottles of Dom Perignon. But it was money well-spent. The chemistry from that moment on was organic and they became friends. I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw [musical] collaborations among them.”
    Burnett was so confident that “The Voice” would be a hit that he even predicted its initial rating — an excellent 5.1 in the demo — and was right (the show has averaged 12.9 million total viewers for the season). “I knew the show was really good. And NBC-Universal had done enough promotion. It would have been hard to live in America and not know it was coming on. Making a good show is only part of it,” he says.
    Like any proud producer, he has his favorites among the singers.
    Rocker Beverly McClellan “knocked the Melissa Etheridge song ‘I’m the Only One’ out of the park,” he says. “She always delivers. Patrick Thomas always delivers. Dia Frampton on the piano was surprisingly different. She showed herself as a true artist.”
    That “The Voice” has tapped into so much undiscovered talent does not surprise Shelton. “This business is based on opportunities and on being lucky,” he says. “People just don’t know how to go about pursuing that dream. I guarantee you this show is a nice way. I wish there’d been something like this when I started out.”
    As “The Voice” heads toward its June 29 finale, where the winner will receive $100,000 and a contract with Universal Republic records, the competition heats up and the field narrows to just four contestants, one for each coach. Burnett says, “It’s totally impossible to predict who will win. People are stepping up every week. It’s all that growth.”
    Even though Burnett thinks that “The Voice” has little in common with his signature show, “Survivor,” he’d like to mention one point of commonality.
    “ ‘Survivor’ Season 2 began with the Super Bowl lead-in which led us to beat ‘Friends’ on Thursday night. Season 2 of ‘The Voice’ will also have a Super Bowl lead-in. That’s 70 to 100 million people. I hope ‘The Voice’ lasts as long as ‘Survivor.’ ”
    THE VOICE
    Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 p.m., NBC

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... z1PhxySOEz

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon July 25th, 2011, 09:50

^ Um I may be missing it, but what does that have to do with Adam? :-?

I'm bumping this just cos I can, and I'm annoyed that I have a huge crush on a gay man

Damn you for being so hot but also so gay Adam

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed July 27th, 2011, 11:17

*replies to herself*

At the moment, I'm downloading anything I don't have by Adam, including his pre Idol stuff.

List of all I have:

For Your Entertainment album
    Music Again
    For Your Entertainment
    Whataya Want From Me
    Strut
    Soaked
    Sure Fire Winners
    A Loaded Smile
    If I Had You
    Pick U Up
    Fever
    Sleepwalker
    Aftermath
    Broken Open
    Time For Miracles
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Voodoo
    Can't Let You Go
    Master Plan

Glam Nation Live
    Voodoo
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Ring Of Fire
    Fever
    Tribal Segment
    Sleepwalker
    Whataya Want From Me
    Soaked
    Aftermath
    Jamming With Lazers
    Sure Fire Winners
    Strut
    Music Again
    Meet My Band
    If I Had You
    20th Century Boy

American Idol Season 8 Songs
    Satisfaction (Live)
    Black Or White
    Ring Of Fire
    The Tracks Of My Tears
    Mad World
    Play That Funky Music
    Born To Be Wild
    If I Can't Have You
    Feeling Good
    Whole Lotta Love
    Slow Ride (w/ Alison Iraheta)
    One
    Cryin'
    A Change Is Gonna Come

Take One, his pre Idol album
    Climb
    December
    Fields
    Did You Need It
    More Than
    Wonderful
    Castle Man
    Hourglass
    Light Falls Away
    First Light
    Want (December Remix)
    Spotlight (Did You Need It Remix)
    On With The Show (Fields Remix)

Other live versions
    Whataya Want From Me (Live at ENERGY Berlin 103.4)
    Music Again (Live at Hit Radio FFH)
    Aftermath (Live at Glam Nation Alternate)
    Soaked (Live at Glam Nation Alternate)
    Mad World (Live at Glam Nation)
    Starlight (Acoustic)
    Whole Lotta Love (Acoustic)
    Broken Open (Acoustic)
    Mad World (Acoustic)
    Music Again (Acoustic)
    Down The Rabbit Hole (Acoustic)
    Sleepwalker (Stripped)
    Bowie Medley (7-5-09 Portland Live)
    Starlight (7-5-09 Portland Live)

Other songs & remixes
    Aftermath (Billboard Remix)
    No Boundaries
    For Your Entertainment (Nick Fonzerelli Remix)
    Whataya Want From Me (Official Club Remix)
    Whataya Want From Me (Fonzerelli's Electro House Club Remix)
    Whataya Want From Me (Brad Walsh's A-Vivir Mix)
    Whataya Want From Me (Jason Nevins Electrotek Extended Mix)
    For Your Entertainment (Bimbo Jones Vocal Mix)
    For Your Entertainment (Brad Walsh Mix)

Other pre Idol recordings & demos
    Crawl Thru Fire
    Crazy
    Glamorize
    I Just Love You
    Kiss And Tell (Fonzerelli Radio Edit)
    Oh My Ra
    Pop Goes The Camera
    Rough Trade (The Citizen Vein)
    Dust In The Wind
    Is Anybody Listening

Why yes, I am obsessed Heh I'm not done yet either, I'll add to the list once I get more

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Sun July 31st, 2011, 23:25

so this is from the new album which is coming out probably in November

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJRu...layer_embedded

I'm interested to hear the studio version but my first thought is it's pretty but samey, it needs a middle 8 or key change or sth to give it some depth. As it's just an album cut I'm hoping the rest has some more radio friendly tracks with stronger hooks.[/url]

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon August 1st, 2011, 00:17

Quote Originally Posted by Dina24
    sorry don't know how to embed it :-?
    we can't embed videos here on ukmix, it's better imo...

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon August 1st, 2011, 00:54

Damn, I can't watch YouTube videos :x

I'll wait for somebody to rip it to mp3 so I can download it

But the emerging of new material is a good sign!! That means a new album is on the way whoop whoop

by » Mon August 1st, 2011, 00:57

Quote Originally Posted by greek_boy
    can't believe he didn't win on American Idol :x
    He may not have won, but I'm sure he scored.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon August 1st, 2011, 03:43

He's so gay, he doesn't even like boys
    (I'm gay myself so I'm allowed to say that)
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri August 12th, 2011, 00:44

I just downloaded the live recording of Outlaws Of Love, and it's gorgeous

It sounds like Sleepwalker or a slower Soaked, my two favourites by him

CANNOT wait to hear this in mp3 form and in HQ

But I don't reckon this is what the album version will sound like, Adam is prone to changing up his songs when he does them live (check out Soaked from the Glam Nation tour, it's acoustic and sounds nothing like the album version), so the album version may have a key change and instrumentals, Adam just felt like doing this acoustically