User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Wilson Phillips - Hold On

  1. #26
    Graham76man's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Jul 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 12-07-11, 16:18

    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy28
    Then I'll accept that as tacit confirmation on your part that what you've claimed is all, to borrow your turn of phrase, bullocks!
    NO YOU MAY NOT.

    As Bullys can't be talked down from thier standpoint this confirms you are now a full on Bully.
    You twist everything I say even when I swear at you, nor can you take a hint and let the subject drop.

    Mod please lock this thread after this message, as Irishguy28 is just arguing another point not connected with the Thread. Perhaps a ban for him is in order now.
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

  2. #27
    Blondini's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK
    Posts
    55,384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-07-11, 19:31

    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy28
    If you don't have access to this classified information, how do you know that you're right, and that I'm wrong?


    Seemed odd to me that you logged this a new entry on the "Real Chart", Graham, AFTER you saw this thread - like you were "catching up" on how popular it was.
    Then you say in your blog that Real Chart readers were doing the catching up after seeing the OFFICIAL CHART.
    How many readers do you have exactly?

    Back to the REAL real chart:

    81 (86)

  3. #28
    Graham76man's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Jul 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-07-11, 23:39

    The Real Chart has always been affected by the other chart, the Wilson track being nothing knew. The whole idea of getting a record in the chart for Record Companies in the past and even today if they are honest about it, is a boost to the sales of any record. With a multitude of product on the market if you can get a record into a high profile chart such as the one the BBC use, you can pick up sales, just from people visiting the website to see what is number one or look at where their fav act is. I believe that even the OCC chart has links to purchase tracks, does anyone believe these are never used in large numbers?
    The OCC take measures to ensure that a record is selling and isn't being fiddled into the countdown by a Record Company. They do that because a chart record will generate extra sales, then one not in a chart.
    I have said many times that the charts of the OCC past and present have never really reflected on the fact a record is in it's chart, because they tend to sample odd effects like this out. Sort of pretending the chart is not present when shops sell records However I even have witnessed the effect of the OCC chart top 40 on some I-Tunes records, those that are performing better on I-Tunes than the OCC chart -rare true, but it does happen. Have seen a record make the 40 at 40 of OCC, yet lagging behind on Real, that is slowly going up yet selling well on I-Tunes say at 29, and come Monday top ten I-Tunes, all because it enters at 40! By the way there's no other reason, it wasn't on TV etc!
    In the past OCC records that were not actually selling at all were the only ones excluded from the Real Chart, examples of which can be seen on the Classic Chart page on my blog from 1985.
    http://therealchart.blogspot.com/p/r...ous-years.html

    Correction 76 down to 92.
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

  4. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    26,904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 23-07-11, 12:00

    After seeing Bridesmaids last night, I can totally tell why this is selling so well

    I actually saw this video on MTV Classic the other day, but didn't know what it was at the time!

  5. #30
    Graham76man's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Jul 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 24-07-11, 23:10

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    After seeing Bridesmaids last night, I can totally tell why this is selling so well

    I actually saw this video on MTV Classic the other day, but didn't know what it was at the time!
    You didn't buy it though so it's dropped out!
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

  6. #31

  7. #32
    Guest

    by » 15-08-11, 14:58

    Irish Top 50 Singles

    33.
    (RE) Hold On - Wilson Phillips

  8. #33
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    74,819
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-12-11, 23:54

    And now #34 on iTunes thanks to the group performance on The X Factor!

  9. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2009
    Location
    aRatchet’s Hole
    Posts
    20,895
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-02-12, 02:15

    Back to #41 on UK iTunes and surging. What's the reason this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt
    The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.

  10. #35
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    74,819
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  11. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Aug 2005
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    55,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-02-12, 05:39

    The #1 song of 1990 according to Billboard.

    I love the album.

  12. #37
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,476
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-09-16, 23:57

    Came on the radio earlier - had to Shazam it as I'd forgotten what it was called.

    This is a classic!

  13. #38
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,856
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by » 17-09-16, 11:13

    Can't help but think of Bridesmaids when I hear this now. Love that film.

  14. #39
    Noahh's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    02 Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    31,265
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-09-16, 11:23

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Can't help but think of Bridesmaids when I hear this now. Love that film.
    Same!
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."


  15. #40
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,359
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 18-09-16, 19:13

    I love this song so much and its message.

    It was a bit confusing at the time as another female group had a song with the same title, the same year.
    Yes, I'm talking about En Vogue.

    The first two albums of Wilson Phillips must be among my most played cd's.
    I couldn't get enough of them and still love these albums today.
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

  16. #41
    Manager
    Join Date
    03 Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  17. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Aug 2005
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    55,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  18. #43
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    23,026
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-12-18, 11:48

    Fantastic song. It was Billboard's number one single of 1990.

  19. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    16 Jun 2003
    Posts
    16,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-12-18, 18:19

    Reading this thread brings back lots of memories. There was nobody like irishguy! I miss him!!
    They need rappers like me
    So they can get on their fuckin' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •