Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan's Robbie Williams Singles Top 25 [#06]

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 07:28

Robert Peter "Robbie" Williams[1] (born 13 February 1974) is an English singer-songwriter, vocal coach and occasional actor. He is a member of the pop group Take That. Williams rose to fame in the band's first run in the early- to mid-1990s. After many disagreements with the management and certain group members, Williams left the group in 1995 to launch his solo career. On 15 July 2010, it was announced he had rejoined Take That and that the group intended to release a new album in November 2010.[2][3]

Williams has sold more than 57 million albums worldwide.[4] He is the best-selling British solo artist in the United Kingdom and the best selling non-Latino artist in Latin America. Six of his albums are among the top 100 biggest-selling albums in the United Kingdom. He has also been honoured with seventeen BRIT Awards—more than any other artist—and seven ECHO Awards. In 2004, he was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame after being voted as the "Greatest Artist of the 1990s."
    Robbie Williams is one of my favourite artists of all time, so therefore I thought it would be a good idea to make a top 25 of his best singles, according to me. Expect to see his biggest singles in here and maybe some surprises aswell
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 07:36

So, before I start the chart there are two songs which deserve a special mention as they just missed out.

* Radio
    * The Road To Mandalay

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 13:10

025. She's The One
    UK Peak #1

She's The One became Robbie his second #1 hit in the UK and I remember it also being a massive hit over here. I think this is still one of his most loved songs to date. And I just don't understand why. Sure it's a nice song, but nowhere near his best. It's a bit bland actually and he has so many better ballads.

024. Rudebox
    UK Peak: #4

Do the rudebox, shake your rudebux. Sometimes there are just songs you either love or hate and there isn't anything in between. Rudebox is definitely that kind of song. Robbie went into a new direction, but not everybody seemed to like it. While it's far from his best songs, I still think it's a good song. I love the crazy lyrics and think it's great artists do something they want to do instead of thinking of commercial success.

023. Let Love Be Your Energy
    UK Peak: #10
    This song is a bit more old school Robbie compared to Rudebox. It was released as the fourth single from his Sing When You're Winning album and became another top 10 hit for him. Great song with a very entertaining video. I remember there was also a game in which you could play Robbie which was based on this video.

022. Make Me Pure
    UK Peak: N/A

Probabaly a song only the real Robbie fans know (the people who bought Intensive Care or In and Out of Consciousness) as this was never officially released as a single. It was featured on the Trippin' single as b-side and therefore it got airplay over here in The Netherlands and managed to get as high as #15 in our charts. Still don't understand how that happened actually It's a beautiful song though, a much better ballad than She's The One. That's for sure.

021. Misunderstood
    UK Peak: #8

And we finish this update with yet another ballad. This time it's Misunderstood. The second single taken off Greatest Hits album and also used in Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason. I've actually no idea what the say about this song except for the fact that I really like it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 13:36

I love most of Robbie's songs so this should be good. Love Radio, sad to see it miss the Top 25. Rudebox is one of my favourites - I agree with you in that it's a love/hate song.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 13:40

021. Misunderstood
    023. Let Love Be Your Energy
    025. She's The One

ACtually Let Love Be Your Energy is quite underrated
    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Manager
    In wonderful place, where Alex and Heidi Range are happy together
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 14:05

She's The One - my favourite Robbie's single.
    Wait good position for 'Eternity'
    Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
    Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-07-11, 17:26

25 & 23 are really nice tunes!

I wonder where 'Angels' will rank with you? I didn't like any single off his last album, so they shouldn't be here!

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 07:03

Thanks for all the comments so far! Seems like She's The One is also a favourite on here.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycrazy
    I wonder where 'Angels' will rank with you? I didn't like any single off his last album, so they shouldn't be here!
    Oops There will definitely be some sings from his latest album, pretty high aswell

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 07:25

020. Somethin' Stupid [Featuring Nicole Kidman]
    UK Peak: #1

At 20 we find Robbie's duet with Oscar winning actress Nicole Kidman. Somethin' Stupid was originally recorded way back in 1966 and has been covered many times since with this being one of the most well known (well, actually the only one I know). I was only 10 years old when this song was released and absolutely hated it back then. I was maybe a bit too young for this kind of music because I really like this now. Nicole has a great voice and they made a great couple.

019. Eternity

While searching for it's peak position on Wikipedia, I also read that this song was written for Geri Halliwell! I never knew that, although listening to this back, it makes sense. Beautiful song which has now an extra meaning, something I never knew.

018. Millenium

This is a song is still hear on the radio from time to time, it's a real classic. That's maybe one of the reasons which is not higher, as I personally think it's a bit overplayed. Great song ofcourse, but he has done better. The video is very nice aswell, with him being James Bond. Clever idea.

017. Trippin'
    UK Peak: #2

Released in 2005, this is his most recent song in this second update. It was a bit of a new direction for him. Not as out there as Rudebox, but still different compared to most of his previous singles. With his high voice in the chorus. I remember this being a real grower, but I love it now. The line 'When the heart is broken there's nothing to break' is fantastic!

016. No Regrets

While I never knew Eternity was about Geri, it's not hard to guess what this song is about! The speaking part at the end of this is my favourite part of the song. It sounds so moody and mysterious. Although he has changed the last line now, while performing the song on the Take That tour. Which makes sense.
    Totally random fact, but while watching the video - I realised he looks like Glenn from The Aprentince in this video

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 10:55

Great chart so far...She's Madonna should be here

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 13:38

I <3 She's The One! Too bad it is at the bottom. Angel should be Top 3!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 13:42

Sad The Road To Mandalay didn't make your top 25. Hopefully Supreme made it and will be high)). Somethin' Stupid <3
    I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 17:44

016. No Regrets
    017. Trippin'
    019. Eternity

I have a new love for Trippin

My CHART

Manager
    In wonderful place, where Alex and Heidi Range are happy together
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-07-11, 18:19

Love:
    - Somethin Stupid.
    My favourite Christmas song

Like:
    - Eternity
    Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
    Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-07-11, 14:11

Thanks for all the nice comments once again! Always great to read. Now let's move on with the next update.

015. Let Me Entertain You
    UK Peak: #3

Let Me Entertain You is definitely one of his signature songs, it's a real show tune. This is probabaly a Robbie song every knows and loves. I love it too, but not as much as most people I think. I personally prefer his more underrated songs...

014. Sin Sin Sin
    UK Peak: #22

...like this track we find at #14 - Sin Sin Sin. Definitely one of his most underrated songs and his first single to miss the top 20 in the UK. And it's so good! The chorus is massive and I always have to sing along when I hear it. The video is funny aswell, very tongue-in-cheek which means very Robbie.

013. LoveLight
    UK Peak: #8

The intro of the song is amazing, the beat is great and the perfect opening for the song. Produced by Mark Ronson, this was another electro song from Robbie although less out there as previous single Rudebox. The single has been forgotten a bit, it's definitely no signature song or classic, but I love this a lot.

012. Something Beautiful
    UK Peak: #3

To be really honest, before I got his latest Greatest Hits album I had totally forgotten about this song and hadn't listened to it for years! But when I got the album, I realised how good this song actually is. It's a real 'hands in the air and sing-a-long' song for me. And the Idol/Popstars inspired video is brilliant.

011. Shame

This wasn't a popular choice when I featured it very high in my end of 2010 chart and I think I'll get the same reaction this time. But I love this song so much, I'm actually a bit surprised it isn't higher Shows how impressive his back catalogue is. Many people don't like the cheesy lyrics, but that's part of it's appeal for me. I adore the lyrics, they make the song what it is. From the Albert Hall to Toy-R-Us.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-07-11, 19:16

011. Shame
    012. Something Beautiful
    015. Let Me Entertain You

Let Me Entertain You is good.

My CHART

Legend
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 08-07-11, 09:16

No Regrets would be in my top 3!!! Make me Pure is amazing.. i don't like something beautiful.

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-07-11, 18:23

I think Shame's pretty good, and Sin Sin Sin is great!

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-07-11, 12:38

Let's start with the top 10

010. Come Undone

Come Undone is probabaly one of Robbie most controversial released - both the song and video. Not that I've ever noticed that, Dutch radio and television happily played the song and video, without editing it. This song is amazing, I realised how much I love it when I got his Greatest Hits last year.

009. Angels

I don't think this song needs any introduction, this is a real classic. His signature song and biggest hits. I'm actually shocked this didn't peak at #1.
    It's a beautiful song, but I still think he has 8 better singles. I've always liked Jessica Simpson's version of this aswell.

008. Bodies

Robbie's big comeback single after the 'Rudebox' era was this brilliant song. It became a big hit for him again, peaking behind Alexandra Burke's first official single Bad Boys which was always going to be massive. Love the song, love the video and love the lyrics.

007. You Know Me
    UK Peak: #6

Another 'recent' song at #7, You Know Me was the second single taken off Reality Killed The Videostar and is absolutely gorgeous. This song always reminds me of Christmas for some reason.

006. Kids [Featuring Kylie Minogue]

His highest collaboration in my chart is Kids with the lovely Kylie Minogue. They make a great duo together and this is just a real tune. I saw Kylie doing a solo version of it during her X tour, which was awesome, but it's still better with Robbie.

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-07-11, 19:21