Thread: My Charts - week 7 - the battle of my faves

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-16, 18:00

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Awesome to see Ellie doubling-up in your Top 10 - and she was even doubling-up in your Top 5 last week! I definitely enjoy both of those singles, but I prefer SITWYM, so I'm especially glad to see that was a No. 1 hit. Now if only it could do the same on the Hot 100!
    • Lovin' the Top 20 debut for "Work" (work work work work)! It looks like Rihanna has a history of her debut being her peak position on your chart, but hopefully "Work" can buck that trend. **Fingers crossed**
    • Speaking of debuts, it's great to see "One Call Away" enter! I've really enjoyed all of Charlie's singles as a lead artist, so I definitely plan to pick up Nine Track Mind at some point. You mentioned that "Marvin Gaye" is certified Gold, but where did it peak?

Excellent chart, Tansike!
    Glad to see you like so many entries!

I prefer "Something In The Way You Move" as well. "Army" grew on me a lot over the last few weeks though so i'm glad both have their chance to be a single
    Oh i wish this would happen, i would LOVE to see her getting that #1 spot

Not sure about that. Unfortunately, "Work" will fall several places this week. But i'm currently getting back into it, so it could pick up again...
    Quite the same with "One Call Away", which will already fall several positions this week as well...
    It peaked at #7, and this was its chartrun: 15-14-14-12-*7*-10-11-13-19-30-Out (enough for a #46 position on the YEC 2015)

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDGST6811
    As everytime a great Chart!
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Great to see "Hymn for the Weekend" debut high, but I don't know any songs in your Top 5. I'll have to check at least one of them out.

"Cheap Thrills" is such an earworm. "Work" sounds like a work in progress Rihanna never got around to finishing, but it's not terrible.
    Can't wait to hear what you think about the songs you check(ed) out!
    But i'm kinda surprised you haven't heard "Army"/"Something In The Way You Move"

Glad you like "Cheap Thrills". Let's hope it will be a hit for Sia! Also agree about Rihanna...

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-16, 18:02

Quote Originally Posted by bluecherry
    Love 'Work', 'Hymn for the Weekend', 'Something in the Way You Move' and all of the Selena entries this week! Are there any releases coming up that you're excited for?
    Glad you like these
    Well, Kerli, my favorite artist, is releasing a new single on the 19th february, plus Gwen Stefani announced her new album for mid march but other than that there's currently no 'big' release for me. Hopefully GaGa. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino
    Yes Grimes, grow to #1 "Easily" is cute!

I'm checking your #1 out in a sec. ... It's nice! Oh, she was the Nightwish songstress ? I didn't know that. So she sang the amazing "Amaranth"? She changed, I didn't recognize her with the blonde hair. And obviously sorry for not checking out your text where you explained it earlier, I was just so freakin' bus in recent days And OMG I'm currently listening to old The Rasmus songs because her profile on Spotify has a link to the band because of their collab

Great to see EFF in your Top 5!

Really good entry for "Hymn..."

Nice entry for "Work". At first I was like WTF , but it's actually pretty fun and catchy. I yet need to listen to the album.

You weren't "THAT" big of a fan of "Chandelier", were you? I really loved it back in 2014

"Diamonds" is one of my fave songs ever recorded. But I also have a lot of personal memories with it, maybe that's why.
    I'm afraid #1 won't happen for Grimes... Yay for "Easily"

Thanks for checking it out! Yes, she was the singer on the albums "Dark Passion Play" and "Imaginaerum", so yeah she sung on "Amaranth" (which is my fave NW track by the way ). Haha no problem at all, to be honest i'm always surprised when someone mentions something i wrote down in that little text, as i always think no one reads them anyway Never really got into The Rasmus as much as NW but they did a collab with Anette which is truly amazing ("October & April")

EFF's song is really good! I'm usually not into german tracks at all so it's kinda surprising to see two of them in the Top20
    Glad you like the new entries for Coldplay and Rihanna. Rihanna's album is disappointing to be honest, but i still hope i get more into it.

No. I always like it when it's on the radio or so, but that's it. Still think it should have been bigger on my charts to be honest.
    "Diamonds" was unlucky as it was released shortly before i changed my singles charts from a Top20 to a Top40 as it would have been certified with Platinum easily that way. It still has more points than "Stay" which already benefited from the extension. Always LOVE "Diamonds" when it's on the radio and i always sing along with it <3

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBieberSide
    Why did I think you were a big Sia fan? The 1000 Forms Of Fear era had lacklustre chart runs on your chart
    No idea But i loved her a lot in 2010 (during the "We Are Born" era) while i wasn't a big fan of "1000 Forms Of Fear" at first at all, but it grew on me. I think "Chandelier" deserved a better chartrun to be honest...

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-16, 20:39

3 (4) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move
    7 (5) Ellie Goulding – Army
    10 (10) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
    13 (NEW) Rihanna feat. Drake – Work
    21 (14) Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods *G*
    24 (22) Adele – Hello *G*
    26 (29) Justin Bieber – Sorry *G*
    30 (24) The Weeknd – In The Night

Loving these!!
    Ellie's songs are so good, probably my favs from her album, along with Lost And Found. Great picks, glad you're liking them.
    Love both of Justin's songs too, he's really won me over with this era.
    Love Out Of The Woods, my fav from 1989 with Blank Space. Really hope she performs it at the grammys at the weekend.

1 (NEW) Sia – This Is Acting
    4 (NEW) Rihanna – Anti
    6 (2) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *G*
    7 (3) Rachel Platten – Wildfire
    9 (8) Adele – 25 *G*
    14 (11) The Weeknd – Beauty Behind The Madness *P*

Haven't heard Sia's album yet, but I heard Move You Body the other day. It was interesting , catchy but kinda noisey.
    Glad you're loving Anti, I'm quite liking it too. It's not her best for me but it's still great. Kiss It Better & Desperado are my favs, total bops. Both need to be singles.
    Ellie's album is good, full of singles. Tbh, I haven't listened as much as I should have but what I have heard I've loved.
    Rachel's album is brilliant, probably my fav album this year, so far. So many amazing songs!! Stand By You is just amazing, hope it does well but it's not looking good. Beating Me Up, Better Place, Angel's In Chelsea & Lone Ranger are all great, and Fight Song has grown on me so much.
    25 is good, tbh it hasn't been very instant for me. I like a few tracks and a few more are starting to grow on me. All I Ask, Hello & When We were Young are my favourites.
    The Weeknd's album is really good. Loving the singles!! Real Life and Angel have been slaying me too.

Great chart, Tansike!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-02-16, 21:26

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    Same over here, it's already really warm outside and feels like spring! But i still enjoy these tracks a lot Oh so you can't watch TV at all? Or is it still working? I think that would be a nightmare for me as i'm a little TV addict... No, from what i remember, "Vintersjäl" is the first #1 in swedish. There weren't many swedish songs on my charts overall... i can only think of "Under ytan" from a very few weeks ago and Malena Ernman's "Håll Mitt Hjärta" which peaked at #28. I don't understand the lyrics at all, but it was kinda obvious that 'Vinter' means 'winter'. I think she posted the lyrics on her facebook song, but only in swedish, so no idea what it's about, but it's still good!
    I rarely watch regular TV nowadays (although I follow some American TV shows that I watch by downloading them) so I've hardly noticed the absence of regular TV reception since I moved in September. Last week I found an old indoor antenna and tested with that and it works, but it turns out my TV doesn't do HD from over-the-air (only from cable, which I used at my old apartment) so when watching Melodifestivalen I actually got a better picture from the web (computer connected to TV).

Ok, yeah I agree that it's not always necessary to understand any of the lyrics to like a song. I've liked a lot (even loved some) songs where I didn't understand any of the lyrics although I often tried to find and translate the lyrics. So if you're curious, you can just paste the "Vintersjäl" lyrics into Google translate. I just tested that and the meaning is mostly correct, although with a lot of strange/bad grammar. That's translated to English, I can't fully judge how good the translation to German is. I really like the song btw, it's not on my chart yet but will probably appear in a week or two.

Glad you like(d) "Freeze You Out". I think it's definitely a good choice for the next single, not sure if she ever gets a hit like "Homeless" though...
    Which is the one on Spotify? I only know the one i posted... i think the album is solid, but that's it. Can't see this doing really well on my charts to be honest.
    In Spotify the cover looks like this:

So it's basically a "zoomed-in" version .

From your singles chart last week I like these:

1 (1) Anette Olzon – Vintersjäl
    3 (4) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move
    4 (2) Anette Olzon – Cold Outside
    7 (5) Ellie Goulding – Army
    8 (6) Marina Kaye – Freeze You Out
    15 (12) Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself
    17 (9) Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling & Alex Aris – Dying For You
    19 (18) Selena Gomez – Same Old Love *P*
    21 (14) Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods *G*
    24 (22) Adele – Hello *G*
    32 (26) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost
    34 (36) Nightwish – Élan *5xG*
    38 (31) Isabel Ment – In Reverse

Great to see "Vintersjäl" get another week at #1! There are quite a few songs I haven't checked out yet, haven't really been in the mood to check out new songs lately. I'm not interested to listen to the new Rihanna album. Sia's I might have checked out if the cover wasn't so awful (What happened to her? She didn't look like that in 2004 ).

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 07:02

^ Oh great. Well, the only thing i watch with my computer are youtube videos (music videos, or other stuff), but never watched TV shows or movies. I don't know why but i just prefer to watch it on my TV, even when i have to wait for several months until they're released over here...

Really glad to hear you like "Vintersjäl" and i cross my fingers that it will appear on your charts soon! As for the lyrics, i just google translated them and i liked them a lot

Interesting spotify cover for Lukas Graham. Quite surprised they have another one there. I think i prefer the one which isn't zoomed.

Glad you like lots of songs from last weeks chart!
    Well Rihanna's album is quite disappointing as i liked her previous ones, while i like Sia's album a lot more than "1000 Forms Of Fear". And don't worry, it's not Sia on the cover (but i think you know that )

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLamb
    Loving these!!
    Ellie's songs are so good, probably my favs from her album, along with Lost And Found. Great picks, glad you're liking them.
    Love both of Justin's songs too, he's really won me over with this era.
    Love Out Of The Woods, my fav from 1989 with Blank Space. Really hope she performs it at the grammys at the weekend.
    Glad you love so many songs! And yay for you mentioning "Lost And Found", which is actually my fave on "Delirium"
    Me as well. To be honest i expected him to flop with his 'comeback' album, but the music he's doing is really good so i'm glad he's smashing like never before.
    She's performing, right? So i hope for a OOTW performance as well I'm going to watch it live and i'm already freaking excited

Haven't heard Sia's album yet, but I heard Move You Body the other day. It was interesting , catchy but kinda noisey.
    Glad you're loving Anti, I'm quite liking it too. It's not her best for me but it's still great. Kiss It Better & Desperado are my favs, total bops. Both need to be singles.
    Ellie's album is good, full of singles. Tbh, I haven't listened as much as I should have but what I have heard I've loved.
    Rachel's album is brilliant, probably my fav album this year, so far. So many amazing songs!! Stand By You is just amazing, hope it does well but it's not looking good. Beating Me Up, Better Place, Angel's In Chelsea & Lone Ranger are all great, and Fight Song has grown on me so much.
    25 is good, tbh it hasn't been very instant for me. I like a few tracks and a few more are starting to grow on me. All I Ask, Hello & When We were Young are my favourites.
    The Weeknd's album is really good. Loving the singles!! Real Life and Angel have been slaying me too.

Great chart, Tansike!!
    "Move Your Body" is my favorite song on the album together with the new single "Cheap Thrills". It's not a typical Sia track but i think it's a huge guilty pleasure. But the whole album is really good, better than "1000 Forms Of Fear" IMO
    Oh unfortunately i'm not loving "Anti" at all, it's more the opposite. #4 is quite a weak debut for someone like Rihanna and it won't look that good this week... still hoping to get more into the album though. Glad you like Ellie's album, it's really good after a few spins!
    Agree about Rachel's album. This was already a big surprise to me as i didn't expect her to release such a good pop album. Let's hope she can have some success with it during 2016 by releasing several more singles. There are so many single-worthy tracks on "Wildfire".
    Good you also like the albums by Adele & The Weeknd

Thanks a lot

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 07:04

thanks so much for all comments

week 06/2016 – 11 february 2016 All I Need is Faded

• Singles Top40

Scandinavia is unstoppable! The nordic countries seem to get hit after hit, and while the top hit from the last two weeks came from Sweden, the new top hit for this week is from Norway. Alan Walker is the artist, and „Faded“ is his very first entry on my charts ever, and immediately makes a top debut. Anette Olzon’s „Vintersjäl“ slips 1-2 after two weeks at number one, while Grimes’ „Kill V. Maim“ is down one position as well (2-3).

Alan Walker is not the only high new entry. In fact, there are incredible 8 new entries on the charts this week, plus one re-entry. Lenka, winner from last months Forum Song Contest on UKMix, has the second highest arrival with her single „Blue Skies“, which was actually released over a half year ago, but only makes it to the charts now at #6. Adele finally officially released „When We Were Young“ as the second single of her record breaking third album „25“. While the lead single „Hello“ gets certified with Platinum this week (24-25) and topped the charts for three non-consecutive weeks, the new single only debuts at #7. Only „Rumor Has It“, the fourth and final single of her previous album „21“, peaked lower (#8) so far. A few positions lower is Mike Posner. The singer had a hit called „Cooler Than Me“ several years ago and was a one hit wonder for a very long time... until now! His newest single „I Took A Pill In Ibiza“ is currently becoming a hit in several countries and makes its debut on my charts this week as well, coming in at #13. Also reaching the upper half of the charts is swiss singer Jaël, who scored her first Top20 notation last year with „In Love Again“ from her solo debut album „Shuffle The Cards“. She decided to release the title track as the second single, which enters the charts at #18 this week.

Icelandic folk rock band Of Monsters And Men are finally back on the charts as well. While their second album „Beneath The Skin“ and its lead single „Crystals“ didn’t do as well as the stuff from their debut, „Wolves Without Teeth“ was released as the newest single from the album and debuts at #29. Also back on the charts are The Lumineers, who are making folk rock music as well. They announced their second album „Cleopatra“ for an april release last friday, and released the lead single „Ophelia“ out of the blue, which enters the charts at #34 this week. The last new entry is Little Mix’ „Secret Love Song“ at #39, which features hit maker Jason DeRulo, while the mentioned re-entry is Foxes’ „Amazing“ which is back at #38 due to her album release.

Sia keeps on rising back with „Cheap Thrills“, as the song is up 9-4 this week. Ellie Goulding’s „Something In The Way You Move“ is still inside the Top5 (3-5), but her other single „Army“ leaves the Top10 this week after six consecutive weeks (7-12). Coldplay’s „Hymn For The Weekend“ slips 6-8, follwed by Anette Olzon’s „Cold Outside“ (4-9) and EFF’s „Stimme“, which closes the Top10 (5-10).

Banks can celebrate her fourth consecutive Top20 hit, as „Better“ finally moves upwards and reaches the upper half for the first time (25-16). Meanwhile, Marina Kaye is already falling quite a lot of positions with „Freeze You Out“, leaving the Top10 after only two weeks (8-17). In its 22nd week on the charts, Selena Gomez’ „Same Old Love“ leaves the Top20 for the very first time by falling down 19-22. Only two songs from Selena spent more consecutive weeks in the Top20 before falling out for the first time: „A Year Without Rain“ from 2010 with 24 weeks and „Love You Like A Love Song“ from 2011 with 33 weeks. But the even bigger news is the fact that „Same Old Love“ is now also her third most successful song ever, surpassing „Naturally“ this week. Rihanna’s drop this week is much bigger, as „Work“ tumbles down 13-30 and seems to continue the trend that she can’t get longevity these days. Last but not least, there’s also something to say about Nightwish. The group celebrates a whole year on the charts for their top hit „Élan“ (34-35), and they did it without leaving the Top40 once.

Banks’ „Better“ is the biggest climber while Rihanna’s „Work“ and Charlie Puth’s „One Call Away“ are the biggest losers this week.

1 (NEW) Alan Walker – Faded
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Anette Olzon – Vintersjäl
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Grimes – Kill V. Maim
    Chart Run: 3-*2*-3- / 3w

4 (9) Sia – Cheap Thrills
    Chart Run: *2*-5-19-9-4- / 5w

5 (3) Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move
    Chart Run: *1*-4-3-5- / 4w

6 (NEW) Lenka – Blue Skies
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Adele – When We Were Young
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (6) Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
    Chart Run: *6*-8- / 2w

9 (4) Anette Olzon – Cold Outside
    Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

10 (5) EFF – Stimme
    Chart Run: 26-14-7-8-*5*-10- / 6w

11 (10) Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
    Chart Run: *9*-10-10-11- / 4w

12 (7) Ellie Goulding – Army
    Chart Run: 5-8-*4*-4-5-7-12- / 7w

13 (NEW) Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza
    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (12) X Ambassadors – Renegades
    Chart Run: 34-27-15-*12*-14- / 5w

15 (11) Sarah Connor – Kommst Du mit mir
    Chart Run: *6*-11-11-15- / 4w

16 (25) Banks – Better
    Chart Run: 28-35-32-25-*16*- / 5w

17 (8) Marina Kaye – Freeze You Out
    Chart Run: *6*-8-17- / 3w

18 (NEW) Jaël – Shuffle The Cards
    Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (16) Lukas Graham – 7 Years
    Chart Run: 39-*13*-16-19- / 4w

20 (15) Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself
    Chart Run: *2*-5-9-10-12-15-20- / 7w

21 (17) Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling & Alex Aris – Dying For You
    Chart Run: *2*-9-17-21- / 4w

22 (19) Selena Gomez – Same Old Love *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-6-10-5-5-6-8-8-10-11-7-6-8-12-14-9-6-15-18-19-22- / 22w

23 (14) Rachel Platten – Stand By You
    Chart Run: 26-17-*1*-3-7-14-23- / 7w

24 (18) Matt Simons – Catch And Release
    Chart Run: 36-23-*18*-24- / 4w

25 (24) Adele – Hello *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-1-1-3-2-4-6-11-13-16-20-22-24-25- / 16w

26 (21) Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods *G*
    Chart Run: *6*-11-16-23-28-37-Out-RE 6-7-12-14-21-26- / 12w

27 (20) Grimes – Flesh Without Blood
    Chart Run: 12-*7*-7-11-11-13-16-20-27- / 9w

28 (26) Justin Bieber – Sorry *G*
    Chart Run: 18-2-*1*-3-2-4-3-6-10-15-16-21-24-29-26-28- / 16w

29 (NEW) Of Monsters And Men – Wolves Without Teeth
    Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (13) Rihanna feat. Drake – Work
    Chart Run: *13*-30- / 2w

31 (30) The Weeknd – In The Night
    Chart Run: *9*-12-19-21-24-30-31- / 7w

32 (22) Chris Brown – Fine By Me
    Chart Run: 27-*22*-32- / 3w

33 (28) Sia – Alive
    Chart Run: *4*-8-13-18-24-35-Out-RE 28-33- / 8w

34 (NEW) The Lumineers – Ophelia
    Chart Run: *34*- / 1w

35 (34) Nightwish – Élan *5xG*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-1-3-3-4-6-1-3-5-4-5-12-13-13-16-20-15-12-13-12-11-7-7-8-11-19-24-17-21-26-33-40-37-34-31-33-35-25-1-1-3-9-18-20-29-33-36-34-35- / 52w

36 (31) Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You *P*
    Chart Run: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20-25-21-24-26-33-31-36- / 19w

37 (35) Robin Schulz & J.U.D.G.E. – Show Me Love
    Chart Run: *23*-29-38-35-37- / 5w

38 (RE) Foxes – Amazing
    Chart Run: *20*-32-Out-RE 38- / 3w

39 (NEW) Little Mix feat. Jason DeRulo – Secret Love Song
    Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (23) Charlie Puth – One Call Away
    Chart Run: *23*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
    Out (27) Dua Lipa – Be The One (4w)
    Out (29) Birdy – Keeping Your Head Up (5w)
    Out (32) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost (8w)
    Out (33) Jess Glynne – Take Me Home (8w)
    Out (36) Rudimental feat. Ed Sheeran – Lay It All On Me (4w)
    Out (37) Loreen – Under ytan (5w)
    Out (38) Isabel Ment – In Reverse (6w)
    Out (39) Lindsey Stirling – Hallelujah (8w)
    Out (40) Jess Glynne – Ain’t Got Far To Go (1w)

• Album Top20

Sia collects a second week at number one with her most recent album „This Is Acting“, which immediately also becomes her first record to spend multiple weeks on top now. So there were still only two number one albums in 2016 so far, while there were already four number one albums at the same time in 2015. The race for the top spot wasn’t as clear as last week though, as the highest debut nearly made it to the top. UK singer Foxes finally released her second album „All I Need“, after being pushed back for some months. While her debut „Glorious“ debuted and peaked at #4, the new set makes its entry at #2. Closing the Top3 is Anette Olzon, who rises 5-3 with „Shine“, reaching the weekly Top3 for the third year in a row now.

Charlie Puth’s debut „Nine Track Mind“ is slipping 2-4, followed by Grimes’ „Art Angels“ (3-5). A second debut makes the charts and it’s called „The Bright Side“, the fourth album by australian singer Lenka. While the album got released over a half year ago, it becomes Lenka’s very first album notation on my charts at #6 now. Ellie Goulding’s „Delirium“ slips 6-7 and Adele’s „25“ recovers a little bit due to her new single „When We Were Young“ (9-8). Rihanna is already dropping a lot as expected, as „Anti“ descends 4-9, while Rachel Platten’s „Wildfire“ fills out the Top10 (7-10). The set gets certified with Gold this week, being Rachel’s very first certified release.

Selena Gomez’ newest album „Revival“ wasn’t as stable as her previous albums at first, but it returned to the Top10 a few weeks ago and finally showed some stability. This week, the album has to leave the upper half again though (8-11). Sarah Connor also leaves the Top10, but her „Muttersprache“ leaves that territory for its first time by going down 10-12. Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish re-enter the charts at #16 with their album „Endless Forms Most Beautiful“, while the last thing worth a mention has to do with Coldplay. The band just performed on the Super Bowl a few days ago, and their latest album recovers a bit this week (20-17). But the thing worth a mention is the fact that the album gets certified with Gold this week, becoming their very first certified album on my charts.

1 (1) Sia – This Is Acting
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Foxes – All I Need
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (5) Anette Olzon – Shine *5xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3- / 78w

4 (2) Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind
    Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

5 (3) Grimes – Art Angels *G*
    Chart Run: 5-4-4-2-4-4-*1*-3-5- / 9w

6 (NEW) Lenka – The Bright Side
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (6) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-6-12-15-Out-RE 19-12-3-2-2-6-7- / 13w

8 (9) Adele – 25 *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-1-2-7-5-6-9-7-8-9-8- / 12w

9 (4) Rihanna – Anti
    Chart Run: *4*-9- / 2w

10 (7) Rachel Platten – Wildfire *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10- / 6w

11 (8) Selena Gomez – Revival *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14-8-4-5-5-6-8-11- / 18w

12 (10) Sarah Connor – Muttersprache
    Chart Run: *6*-10-10-12- / 4w

13 (14) The Weeknd – Beauty Behind The Madness *P*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-4-7-6-4-4-5-8-11-13-16-16-Out-RE 16-19-15-10-11-14-13- / 20w

14 (12) David Bowie – Blackstar
    Chart Run: *2*-3-7-12-14- / 5w

15 (11) Lukas Graham – Lukas Graham (Blue Album)
    Chart Run: *5*-11-15- / 3w

16 (RE) Nightwish – Endless Forms Most Beautiful *5xG*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-4-6-7-10-9-9-6-3-3-2-1-1-3-4-6-9-10-13-13-16-20-Out-RE 18-16-Out-RE 13-1-2-6-9-12-11-16-18-17-Out-RE 16- / 41w

17 (20) Coldplay – A Head Full Of Dreams *G*
    Chart Run: 6-*3*-6-6-7-11-14-18-20-17- / 10w

18 (13) Matt Simons – Catch & Release
    Chart Run: *9*-13-18- / 3w

19 (17) Chris Brown – Royalty
    Chart Run: *8*-11-15-17-19- / 5w

20 (15) Marina Kaye – Fearless *P*
    Chart Run: 6-*3*-5-6-7-8-4-5-8-7-6-8-10-10-14-15-18-17-Out-RE 3-4-10-Out-RE 13-15-20- / 24w

Out of Top20
    Out (16) Jess Glynne – I Cry When I Laugh (10w)
    Out (18) Anna Rossinelli – Takes Two To Tango (10w)
    Out (19) Tarja – Ave Maria - En plein air *G* (13w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 07:05

New certifications

PLATINUM
    Adele – Hello [single]
    Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You [single]

GOLD
    Coldplay – A Head Full Of Dreams [album]
    Rachel Platten – Wildfire [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 07:06

Discography of FOXES | Glorious era
    11 february 2016

SINGLES

Let Go For Tonight
    [second single of “Glorious”]

Peak #17 (x1)
    Weeks 7
    Entry week 17/2014
    Chart Run 23-18-26-*17*-22-32-40-Out
    Year-End Charts 2014 #131
    Certification -
    Holding Onto Heaven
    [third single of “Glorious”]

Peak #33 (x1)
    Weeks 2
    Entry week 20/2014
    Chart Run *33*-38-Out
    Year-End Charts 2014 #252
    Certification -
    Glorious
    [fourth single of “Glorious”]

Peak #15 (x1)
    Weeks 16
    Entry week 34/2014
    Chart Run 37-31-28-18-*15*-17-22-29-37-36-34-27-24-23-31-36-Out
    Year-End Charts 2014 #72
    Certification -

ALBUM

Glorious
    [first official studio album]

Peak #4 (x1)
    Weeks 5
    Entry week 20/2014
    Chart Run *4*-8-11-17-Out-RE 18-Out
    Year-End Charts 2014 #74
    Certification -

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 21:18

[size=4]
    10 (5) EFF – Stimme
    21 (17) Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling & Alex Aris – Dying For You
    33 (28) Sia – Alive
    37 (35) Robin Schulz & J.U.D.G.E. – Show Me Love

Out of Top40
    Out (27) Dua Lipa – Be The One (4w)
    Out (32) Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost (8w)
    Out (33) Jess Glynne – Take Me Home (8w)
    Out (36) Rudimental feat. Ed Sheeran – Lay It All On Me (4w)
    Out (39) Lindsey Stirling – Hallelujah (8w)
    Out (40) Jess Glynne – Ain’t Got Far To Go (1w)

• Album Top20

[size=85]
    1 (1) Sia – This Is Acting
    4 (2) Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind
    7 (6) Ellie Goulding – Delirium *G*
    8 (9) Adele – 25 *G*
    9 (4) Rihanna – Anti
    10 (7) Rachel Platten – Wildfire *G*
    11 (8) Selena Gomez – Revival *P*
    13 (14) The Weeknd – Beauty Behind The Madness *P*
    15 (11) Lukas Graham – Lukas Graham (Blue Album)
    17 (20) Coldplay – A Head Full Of Dreams *G*
    18 (13) Matt Simons – Catch & Release
    19 (17) Chris Brown – Royalty

Out of Top20
    [size=85]Out (16) Jess Glynne – I Cry When I Laugh (10w)
    Except Adele's "25" is Coldplays "A Head Full Of Dreams" easily th best Album since more than a year!
    Great Chart as always

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-16, 23:54

• I just checked out "Faded" after seeing it on ThatBieberSide's chart (among others)...and I like it! Not gonna lie, I totally thought he was a county act based on his name...but that song is FAR from country!
    • A friend pushed me to check out Grimes over the weekend, and I immediately fell in love! I haven't heard all of Art Angels yet, but of the tracks I have, "Flesh Without Blood" and "Kill V. Maim" are definitely my favorites. I must've watched both of those videos at least a dozen times each!
    • Lovin' the debut for "I Took A Pill In Ibiza." There's no mention of the remix...so does that mean you prefer the original version? The remix is probably my favorite single of his to date (not that he's released that many, but still...)
    • OUCH @ those drops for "Work" + "One Call Away" Hope I'm not jinxing stuff...
    • No mention of "Youth" in your Foxes re-cap? That's definitely one of my favorite singles from her (along with "Body Talk", and "Clarity", if we count features.)

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-16, 06:32

Chart Run: *9*-10-10-11- / 4w

16 (25) Banks – Better
    Chart Run: 28-35-32-25-*16*- / 5w

Chart Run: 39-*13*-16-19- / 4w

Chart Run: 26-17-*1*-3-7-14-23- / 7w

Chart Run: *1*-3-3-1-1-3-2-4-6-11-13-16-20-22-24-25- / 16w

Chart Run: 18-2-*1*-3-2-4-3-6-10-15-16-21-24-29-26-28- / 16w

Chart Run: *13*-30- / 2w

Chart Run: *9*-12-19-21-24-30-31- / 7w

Chart Run: 27-*22*-32- / 3w

33 (28) Sia – Alive
    Chart Run: *4*-8-13-18-24-35-Out-RE 28-33- / 8w

Chart Run: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20-25-21-24-26-33-31-36- / 19w

Chart Run: *23*-40- / 2w
    Finally 'When We Were Young' is here. Nice to see Sia in top-5, the song is actually really good after some spins. Whart a crush for Charlie, but I felt the same, actually some time ago. We Don't Talk Anymore for the next single

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-16, 11:04

6 (NEW) Lenka – Blue Skies
    22 (19) Selena Gomez – Same Old Love
    26 (21) Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods
    28 (26) Justin Bieber – Sorry

Lots of songs I like this week!

LENKA! Wow is this my impact?? I Iove Blue skies. I listened to some of her other songs and they sounded ok but none stood out like Blue Skies did. Her voice is angelic on it.

I Took a Pill In Ibiza and Faded are both great. They were both high in my chart at the start of the year. I much prefer Faded though. It's brilliant! Glad it's no.1. I have a feeling both of these songs will blow up this year.

Nice for Kill V. Maim hanging around the top.

One Call Away is disgusting though. Glad it's on the way out.

BTW - I'm listening to Kerli's album Utopia right now and I really like her!!
    #Pray4AL6

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-16, 11:46

34 (NEW) The Lumineers – Ophelia

Do the Lumineers have a new song? I've always meant to check their album out, I loved Submarines & Hey Ho.
    Great to see When We Were Young & Secret Love Song debut, both are amazing. I don't like the version of Secret Love Song with Jason though, part 2 is so much better.
    Glad to see the Ellie sog still doing well, pity Army fell a bit though, hope it rises again.
    Stand By You needs to rise up again too.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-16, 18:01

Very good new entries this week from Alan Walker, Lenka, Jaël and (except for "version mismatch") Little Mix! I finally started to like the #1 this week. The woman who does the singing is Iselin Solheim, who already had two hits on my chart, "Giants" last year (which missed the YEC chart though) and "Oracle" in 2013. I wasn't aware of this when I first noticed the song at #1 on MrRagers chart a few weeks ago.

Also great to see the new album by Foxes at #2 on the albums chart! I listened to it this week and I like it although I'm not sure I would say it's better than her debut. It may be more even, but Glorious had some really great songs like the title track, "Let Go for Tonight", "Holding onto Heaven" and especially "Youth". I'm surprised that "Youth" never charted on your chart; did you not like it or was it never properly released as a single? That song was #1 on my chart and #11 on my YEC 2013. Out of the new tracks on All I Need I think that "Wicked Love" is my favourite, although I haven't yet listened a lot to it. I've been listening less to music overall this week than usual.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-16, 11:31

Hey Tansike

Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

Wow, amazing! I just read your comment in my chart and remember you saying you only heard this too late last week for it to make your chart. Excellent new #1, i've been listening to this so much let's see if Alan Walker can dethrone Little Mix from the top of my chart.

Have you heard the new version with Sean Paul? I don't know what it is about Sean Paul but his vocals always make me laugh! Sia is so unique, only Sia can team up with artists like Sean Paul and Fetty Wap and pull it off.

Aww, so lovely seeing this in your chart after your initial doubts. I do love When we were young although after i bought 25 it was Water under the bridge that stuck with me the most and ended up being the second #1 off the album in my chart. My new chart could have three re-entries today.

Chart Run: *6*-8- / 2w

Oh! I was so sure that Coldplay and Beyonce would've performed this at the super bowl, it would've been the perfect opportunity to give this song the boost it deserved. Still, i did enjoy their super bowl performance nonetheless.

Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

Are you putting the original version in your chart or the SeeB remix? I know in my chart it was definitely the remix version i was charting as i love this version more than the original. Great to see the song get a high entry here.

Aww, my little mixers are here. As you know if a song spends more than 3 weeks at #1 for me, then you know its had a massive impact on me. Secret love song is now Little Mix's longest running #1 in my chart with 4 weeks but they do have stiff competition from Alan Walker now to make it a fifth week. It's gonna be another close battle for my top spot.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-16, 12:08

"Cheap Thrills" is great and ouch for the "Work" drop!

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-16, 21:02

14 (12) X Ambassadors – Renegades
    33 (28) Sia – Alive
    38 (RE) Foxes – Amazing

Great to see Foxes, 'Cruel' is incredible. I can't seem to get into 'This is Acting'. I think because of how much I loved 1000 Forms of Fear, anything less than perfect would've disappointed.

That Rihanna drop isn't a good sign for iconic danehall bop 'Work'! ;)

I'm suprised 'Hands to Myself' is performing so much worse than the other singles. By any other standard it's well, but compared to the success of the other 'Revival' singles it isn't. Have you listened to the album to much or isn't it clicking?

'Amazing' and 'Army' are definitely growing on me, and I find myself enjoying 'Cheap Thrills' more and more.
    ? i bloom just for you ?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-16, 21:12

great to see the foxes slayage! her new album is phenomenal!

nine track mind is awful. sorry

grimes is brilliant! kill v maim is my fave on arts Angels! what's yours?

cheap thrills is the only song I like on sia's new album I miss her old stuff

YASS at Ellie!!

I used to be the biggest Stan for Lenka her debut is actually really good, I wasn't too keen on her follow up 'Two' and by the time she released her 3rd and 4th albums I was long over her and so haven't listened Blue Skies is cute though! it sounds so much better at x1.25 speed tho

when we were young is great!

LOVE hymn for the weekend!

love omam's new album! their debut is better but it's really nice. wolves without teeth is one of my faves

big drop for work

great reentry for amazing! I want her to release cruel so it will be eligible for your charts and can smash
    Fiat 500

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-16, 23:56

Wow, surprised "Faded" is directly shooting to #1, but it's an amazing and haunting record!

Lovely entry for Adele It's a great second single.

"One Call Away" was kind of throwaway-pop for me... "We Don't Talk Anymore" is so much better, and perfect for spring/summer!

Cool entry for Foxes' album - does it have chances for #1 ;) ?

What's your fave Foxes' record? I still think "Clarity" by Zedd is such a strong track, but there are a few songs on her new album that might overtake that one for me perhaps ...

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 15-02-16, 02:08

Your #1 is shockingly beautiful! I'm off to download it now.

There are some other gems in your Top 10, my favourite of which is definitely "When We Were Young". Interestingly enough, "Hands to Myself", which I was never sold on before, finally managed to grow on me after I checked out its superb video. It's still not amazing in my eyes (or rather, to my ears), but I appreciate it now.

33 (28) Sia – Alive
    35 (34) Nightwish – Élan *5xG*
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-16, 21:26

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDGST6811
    Except Adele's "25" is Coldplays "A Head Full Of Dreams" easily th best Album since more than a year!
    Great Chart as always
    Glad you like so many entries this week again! And yeah Coldplay's album is really good, my favorite by them so far
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • I just checked out "Faded" after seeing it on ThatBieberSide's chart (among others)...and I like it! Not gonna lie, I totally thought he was a county act based on his name...but that song is FAR from country!
    • A friend pushed me to check out Grimes over the weekend, and I immediately fell in love! I haven't heard all of Art Angels yet, but of the tracks I have, "Flesh Without Blood" and "Kill V. Maim" are definitely my favorites. I must've watched both of those videos at least a dozen times each!
    • Lovin' the debut for "I Took A Pill In Ibiza." There's no mention of the remix...so does that mean you prefer the original version? The remix is probably my favorite single of his to date (not that he's released that many, but still...)
    • OUCH @ those drops for "Work" + "One Call Away" Hope I'm not jinxing stuff...
    • No mention of "Youth" in your Foxes re-cap? That's definitely one of my favorite singles from her (along with "Body Talk", and "Clarity", if we count features.)

Yet another divine chart, Tansike!
    Really glad to hear you like "Faded". I discovered it on JakeP's chart and it was love on first listen. I was surprised as well when i listened to it for the first time, but because of the voice, as i expected a male voice
    Grimes is such a great discovery for me lately, love her current Album, so i'm happy to hear you like her too
    Hmm... usually i don't care to mention a remix or so. For example i also had "Bloodstream" and "Bad Blood" on my charts, but didn't mention Rudimental or Kendrick Lamar. In most cases, it's the original AND the remix which have an effect on my charts, and i also prefer the remix of "I Took A Pill In Ibiza".

One of those two songs will already drop out of the charts this week... the other one rises a bit though

I only discovered Foxes pretty late and "Youth" was already over for a very long time, that's why it never made an appearance on my charts.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kirill
    Finally 'When We Were Young' is here. Nice to see Sia in top-5, the song is actually really good after some spins. Whart a crush for Charlie, but I felt the same, actually some time ago. We Don't Talk Anymore for the next single
    Don't expect too much for "When We Were Young" though, it already will drop several places this week...
    Glad you like Sia's entry, and i agree about "We Don't Talk Anymore"

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-16, 21:26

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager
    Lots of songs I like this week!

LENKA! Wow is this my impact?? I Iove Blue skies. I listened to some of her other songs and they sounded ok but none stood out like Blue Skies did. Her voice is angelic on it.

I Took a Pill In Ibiza and Faded are both great. They were both high in my chart at the start of the year. I much prefer Faded though. It's brilliant! Glad it's no.1. I have a feeling both of these songs will blow up this year.

Nice for Kill V. Maim hanging around the top.

One Call Away is disgusting though. Glad it's on the way out.

BTW - I'm listening to Kerli's album Utopia right now and I really like her!!
    That's good!

Unfortunately, it isn't It was the winner of last months Forum Song Contest and also got the most points from me, that's how i discovered it and her whole album. But yeah "Blue Skies" is the clear standout track on the album, which is cute overall. Glad you love it too

I hope they blow up this year, as both songs are amazing. "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" will also increase several places this week...

Haha didn't know you dislike Charlie's song. But yeah it won't stay on the charts for too long, don't worry

Wow, that's amazing!! I hope you will like "Feral Hearts" as well

Do the Lumineers have a new song? I've always meant to check their album out, I loved Submarines & Hey Ho.
    Great to see When We Were Young & Secret Love Song debut, both are amazing. I don't like the version of Secret Love Song with Jason though, part 2 is so much better.
    Glad to see the Ellie sog still doing well, pity Army fell a bit though, hope it rises again.
    Stand By You needs to rise up again too.
    Yes, "Ophelia" is a new song and the lead single of their upcoming second album "Cleopatra", which will be released in april
    Haven't heard part two yet, but since i'm planning to check out the whole album i'll probably hear it soon.
    Unfortunately i have to disappoint you, it's more likely to see "Army" keep on falling now, or at least for the next two weeks (i'll see her in two weeks that's why it could rise again then).
    Same for Rachel, except that i won't see her anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Very good new entries this week from Alan Walker, Lenka, Jaël and (except for "version mismatch") Little Mix! I finally started to like the #1 this week. The woman who does the singing is Iselin Solheim, who already had two hits on my chart, "Giants" last year (which missed the YEC chart though) and "Oracle" in 2013. I wasn't aware of this when I first noticed the song at #1 on MrRagers chart a few weeks ago.

Also great to see the new album by Foxes at #2 on the albums chart! I listened to it this week and I like it although I'm not sure I would say it's better than her debut. It may be more even, but Glorious had some really great songs like the title track, "Let Go for Tonight", "Holding onto Heaven" and especially "Youth". I'm surprised that "Youth" never charted on your chart; did you not like it or was it never properly released as a single? That song was #1 on my chart and #11 on my YEC 2013. Out of the new tracks on All I Need I think that "Wicked Love" is my favourite, although I haven't yet listened a lot to it. I've been listening less to music overall this week than usual.
    Very glad to hear you like all those new entries
    I really love Iselin's voice, so i'll definitely check out these two tracks you've mentioned. I didn't know she already released some (solo) stuff and thought it was 'just' an unknown Girl.

Good to hear you like "All I Need". I think it's clearly better than her debut, or at least from what i remember, as it's been ages since i've listened to "Glorious". I didn't know Foxes by the time she released "Youth" as a single and only discovered her a little bit later, that's why it never entered my charts. "Wicked Love" is cute - my favorite songs currently are "Cruel", "Shoot Me Down" and "Better Love".

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-16, 21:27

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Wow, amazing! I just read your comment in my chart and remember you saying you only heard this too late last week for it to make your chart. Excellent new #1, i've been listening to this so much let's see if Alan Walker can dethrone Little Mix from the top of my chart.
    Hey Jake
    Glad it also grew on you even more. This is such a fantastic discovery, thanks for let me checking it out!

Have you heard the new version with Sean Paul? I don't know what it is about Sean Paul but his vocals always make me laugh! Sia is so unique, only Sia can team up with artists like Sean Paul and Fetty Wap and pull it off.
    Only the first verse, and i didn't like it. The 'original' is way too good to be destroyed by a remix. And why Sean Paul - i mean there would have been so many better artists to collaborate with :( Oh well, as long as she can get a hit with it, i'm still happy...

Aww, so lovely seeing this in your chart after your initial doubts. I do love When we were young although after i bought 25 it was Water under the bridge that stuck with me the most and ended up being the second #1 off the album in my chart. My new chart could have three re-entries today.
    Oh i hope you won't be disappointed by its fall tomorrow. This won't do that well in the upcoming weeks i guess...

Oh! I was so sure that Coldplay and Beyonce would've performed this at the super bowl, it would've been the perfect opportunity to give this song the boost it deserved. Still, i did enjoy their super bowl performance nonetheless.
    They didn't? I didn't watch the halftime show so i had no idea. Somehow it would have made sense as both were there, so yeah it's strange they didn't perform this. It's easily the best song on "A Head Full Of Dreams" now and i hope this can be a big hit for them

Are you putting the original version in your chart or the SeeB remix? I know in my chart it was definitely the remix version i was charting as i love this version more than the original. Great to see the song get a high entry here.
    I rarely (or never) put 'xxx remix' to a song's title on my charts, only in very rare occasions (for example last year, when a remix of a song that's already 7 years old was released). It's mainly the remix that i like, but the original is good too. But i barely listen to that one, so you can say it's the remix which is charting

Aww, my little mixers are here. As you know if a song spends more than 3 weeks at #1 for me, then you know its had a massive impact on me. Secret love song is now Little Mix's longest running #1 in my chart with 4 weeks but they do have stiff competition from Alan Walker now to make it a fifth week. It's gonna be another close battle for my top spot.
    Yeah, i'm already preparing myself for a very high position on the next YEC from you
    And... it won't leave my charts this week

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    "Cheap Thrills" is great and ouch for the "Work" drop!
    I agree And don't worry, "Work" will recover a little bit this week

Quote Originally Posted by bluecherry
    Great to see Foxes, 'Cruel' is incredible. I can't seem to get into 'This is Acting'. I think because of how much I loved 1000 Forms of Fear, anything less than perfect would've disappointed.

That Rihanna drop isn't a good sign for iconic danehall bop 'Work'! ;)

I'm suprised 'Hands to Myself' is performing so much worse than the other singles. By any other standard it's well, but compared to the success of the other 'Revival' singles it isn't. Have you listened to the album to much or isn't it clicking?

'Amazing' and 'Army' are definitely growing on me, and I find myself enjoying 'Cheap Thrills' more and more.
    Yay, glad to hear you like "Cruel" that much as well, as it's currently my favorite song on "All I Need"
    I hope "This Is Acting" can grow on you then. I didn't like "1000 Forms Of Fear" at first, but it grew a bit on me. However, i already liked "This Is Acting" more on its first listen than i ever like 1000FOF...

Don't worry, "Work" will recover a little bit this week
    I think it's both. It's 'already' the third single, so i already know it too well and i already listened to it too much, plus it never was one of my favorite songs on the album. I prefer songs like "Kill Em With Kindness", "Survivor" or even "Me & My Girls" and "Body Heat". But "Hands To Myself" should go Gold easily, which is still very successful

Glad you like these tracks! "Amazing" is growing on me again as well, thanks to the album

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-16, 21:28

Quote Originally Posted by thankfulforkelly
    great to see the foxes slayage! her new album is phenomenal!

nine track mind is awful. sorry

grimes is brilliant! kill v maim is my fave on arts Angels! what's yours?

cheap thrills is the only song I like on sia's new album I miss her old stuff

YASS at Ellie!!

I used to be the biggest Stan for Lenka her debut is actually really good, I wasn't too keen on her follow up 'Two' and by the time she released her 3rd and 4th albums I was long over her and so haven't listened Blue Skies is cute though! it sounds so much better at x1.25 speed tho

when we were young is great!

LOVE hymn for the weekend!

love omam's new album! their debut is better but it's really nice. wolves without teeth is one of my faves

big drop for work

great reentry for amazing! I want her to release cruel so it will be eligible for your charts and can smash
    Yes, i'm so surprised by "All I Need". I wasn't the biggest fan of her debut but always thought she's pretty cool, so i'm glad she delivered a great album
    Oh really? But do you like the Selena collab?

"Kill V. Maim" is also my favorite song on the album, followed by "Venus Fly". "Easily" and "Flesh Without Blood" are third
    Well, "Cheap Thrills" is also my fave What do you think about "Move Your Body"?

Glad you like Ellie's entries. Unfortunately i don't know much about Lenka. Only her most famous singles ("The Show", "Trouble Is A Friend" and "Everything At Once"... if these are the correct names ) but "The Bright Side" is actually a good pop album, and "Blue Skies" is the clear highlight Oh really? Need to try that...

Good you like Coldplay & Adele's songs. And yay for the OMAM love! They are way too underrated these days :(
    Do you like "Work"? It will recover a bit this week but i still think it's miles away from her better songs...
    Haha i would LOVE to see "Cruel" as a single

Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino
    Wow, surprised "Faded" is directly shooting to #1, but it's an amazing and haunting record!

Lovely entry for Adele It's a great second single.

"One Call Away" was kind of throwaway-pop for me... "We Don't Talk Anymore" is so much better, and perfect for spring/summer!

Cool entry for Foxes' album - does it have chances for #1 ;) ?

What's your fave Foxes' record? I still think "Clarity" by Zedd is such a strong track, but there are a few songs on her new album that might overtake that one for me perhaps ...
    Glad you love "Faded" too! It's also a huge surprise for me but it's definitely my most played song lately. Too beautiful

Hmm i'm sorry but i still think it's a wrong choice and i don't see her getting a success with it. It will probably end up as her least successful single since her debut album
    Agree about Charlie's songs. "We Don't Talk Anymore" must be released as soon as possible, otherwise i'd be over it by the time it gets released

Glad you like Foxes album. To be honest... new charts is coming tomorrow morning so i can already reveal that. YES it has chances for #1. I even thought it would be #1 since last thursday or friday... but since yesterday, there's another (surprising) album which will block her now... So she won't get it this week, but maybe in the future? It also depends on the upcoming singles...

"Glorious", easily. Actually already followed by "Cruel". Never really cared about "Clarity", but the ballad version on her debut was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Your #1 is shockingly beautiful! I'm off to download it now.

There are some other gems in your Top 10, my favourite of which is definitely "When We Were Young". Interestingly enough, "Hands to Myself", which I was never sold on before, finally managed to grow on me after I checked out its superb video. It's still not amazing in my eyes (or rather, to my ears), but I appreciate it now.
    Yay, really glad to hear you also love "Faded"!

Also good to hear "Hands To Myself" grew on you, even if i got over it way too fast... especially for a single by my Selena