Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (19) Anne-Marie – Alarm
    Chart Run: *15*-22-Out-RE 19-38- / 4w

39 (RE) Ciara – Level Up
    Chart Run: *14*-26-37-Out-RE 39- / 4w

40 (NEW) Lake Malawi – Friend Of A Friend
    Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
    Out (18) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles (1w)
    Out (20) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P* (23w)
    Out (22) BTS feat. Halsey – Boy With Luv (4w)
    Out (23) Eluveitie – Ambiramus *G* (8w)
    Out (26) Anne-Marie – Perfect (4w)
    Out (27) Anne-Marie – Ciao Adios (8w)
    Out (28) Ellie Goulding – Flux *G* (10w)
    Out (30) Anne-Marie – Then *G* (13w)
    Out (32) Mark Ronson feat. Lykke Li – Late Night Feelings (4w)
    Out (33) Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend (11w)
    Out (34) Robinson – Karma (2w)
    Out (35) Lizzo – Juice (3w)
    Out (37) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me *G* (14w)
    Out (38) Christina Perri – Tiny Victories (1w)
    Out (39) Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down *G* (17w)

New certifications
    none

Click here for the Certification Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 16th, 2019, 12:15

My Charts - week 20/2019 – 16 may 2019 - Eurovision Invasion part one

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (5) Eurovision Song Contest 2019
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Ciara – Beauty Marks
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) Marina – Love + Fear
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4- / 3w

5 (NEW) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (3) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11-16-Out-RE 15-13-16-18-Out-RE 3-7- / 15w

8 (4) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
    Chart Run: *2*-4-8- / 3w

9 (8) Lena – Only Love, L
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9- / 6w

10 (9) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10- / 7w

11 (7) Various Artists – For The Throne
    Chart Run: *4*-7-11- / 3w

12 (NEW) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
    Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (10) Eluveitie – Ategnatos
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13- / 6w

14 (6) Passenger – Sometimes It’s Something, Sometimes It’s Nothing At All
    Chart Run: *6*-14- / 2w

15 (13) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
    Chart Run: *5*-10-13-15- / 4w

16 (17) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U
    Chart Run: *11*-16-17-16- / 4w

17 (14) Kerli – Shadow Works *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17- / 12w

18 (12) Cellar Darling – The Spell *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-6-7-10-9-12-18- / 8w

19 (11) Rita Ora – Phoenix *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-1-5-8-2-2-4-6-6-9-11-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 5-11-19- / 18w

20 (15) BTS – Map Of The Soul: Persona
    Chart Run: *4*-12-13-15-20- / 5w

Out of Top20
    Out (16) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P* (33w)
    Out (18) Blackpink – Kill This Love EP (5w)
    Out (19) Tarja – Colours In The Dark *2xP* (40w)
    Out (20) Within Temptation – Resist *G* (14w)

New certifications
    “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” by Billie Eilish goes GOLD (100+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 16th, 2019, 12:15

My Charts - week 20/2019 – 16 may 2019 - Eurovision Invasion part one

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Chingiz – Truth
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care

4 (3) Marina – Karma
    Chart Run: *2*-3-4- / 3w

5 (2) Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
    Chart Run: *2*-5- / 2w

6 (NEW) Katerin Duska – Better Love

7 (NEW) Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman – Look Away
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (5) Iggy Azalea – Started
    Chart Run: *5*-8- / 2w

9 (RE) Kerli – Where The Dark Things Are
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-2-5-6-Out-RE 9- / 9w

10 (NEW) Victor Crone – Storm
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Legend
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 16th, 2019, 16:26

12 (NEW) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
    Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

the beat and the instrumental in general are lovely

Bubbling under

10 (NEW) Victor Crone – Storm
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Charm offensive + Avicii nostalgia.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 17th, 2019, 20:29

^ I knew you would enjoy that good debut for Hatari I'm currently discovering more and more entries that I enjoy a lot from this years contest though, so #12 may be their peak (unless I get back into the song again tomorrow, which may happen...).

Yes, the instrumental is fantastic. I love the growls too but it's actually the instrumental that I'm enjoying the most in that song, with the high voice being my least favorite part (though they're still good).

Still don't see how Estonia made it to the finals instead of some other great entries after that live performance, but the studio version was nice enough.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 19th, 2019, 21:30

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    That makes absolutely sense as I’d be the same, especially a few years ago when I was really into Pokémon but didn’t play many other games. Ah, just when I read your reply I remembered that we already talked about that iirc so sorry for asking again. Haha, so your bf is a gamer through and through?
    Ha, no worries - I'm sure I've asked some repeat questions over the years of us interacting every week. He's definitely more of a gamer than I am, though he does seem to jump from game-to-game a lot, so I'm not sure how many he truly finishes. He was playing Apex Legends every single night for a while, but I don't think he's touched it at all the past couple weeks (granted, that's the type of game that's never completely "finished," like Fortnite or Overwatch). Has your partner been playing anything lately?

Ah cool. Chicago must have been cool as well. I just wondered the distance as I’m not really familiar with what state is where so I found out Chicago and Cali are very distant, so may I ask you why you moved from Chicago to Cali?

Ah yes, my mom has been very accepting. I never felt like she’s not accepting it or something like that which is pretty cool; it’s always been very normal to her.
    I only applied to colleges outside Illinois, since I figured college was the perfect opportunity to try living in a different environment. California was especially appealing, since it's generally more liberal/open, contains several major cities, and a VERY different climate than the midwest.

Aw, that's amazing <3 Speaking of repeat questions, I might've asked this at some point before, but when/how did you come out to her?

Yeah that’s true. But recently it happened that I actually forgot about tickets I bought so I was too late with asking people to come with me, that would be the bad part when it comes to buying them so early and waiting to ask for someone to join me.
    Ah, that's definitely a downside. Though I think you've mentioned that you still enjoy going by yourself sometimes too, so even the "worst case scenario" isn't so bad? (Well, besides paying for a second ticket you didn't end up using).

Definitely for Selena, a little bit for Miley but not for Demi. As for Selena, I was stanning HARD for her when she was on ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ and was so freaking happy when she decided to pursue a music career as well with Selena Gomez & The Scene back then. That’s also why she was smashing right from the start and I even ordered her album from abroad back then as it wasn’t released until a few months later over here; that was the first time I or-dered an album from abroad. As for Miley, the thing with her was that she already combined her music career with her acting career on Hannah Montana, so it feels different in her case as I was stanning for her music and for her series at the same time. Demi’s series never had the same impact as the other two over here and I watched like one or two episodes, that was it. That’s also why it took me a while to get into her…
    Ooh, so you were a big Victorious AND Wizards fan! I vaguely recall you expressing a lot of love for "Falling Down" before, so that makes even more sense now. It's awesome that you were a dedicated enough fan to order the Kiss & Tell import! Did you ever buy the European version as well, for collector's sake? I think they have different covers, at least (and probably some bonus tracks too?) I can't remember the very first album I ever ordered from overseas, but it was probably something of Kylie's.

Mine probably as well as “Ghostin” definitely stands out from the al-bum tracks while “Thank U, Next” is still my favorite single from that era. That’s a good thought and probably the reason; as for Rita’s survivor, even though “Anywhere” was also ‘old/over-played’, the same could be said about “Let Me Love You” while there wasn’t a current hit from the era at the time of the survivor, so that’s probably why it still was able to win the whole thing.
    That's a great point, and makes me wonder if "Only Want You" would've gone even further if it had been a bigger hit on official charts while the Survivor was running.

Haha well there is the possibility to watch profiles from other countries/cities as you can search for that… my profile picture is just a face pic from around 2017 so nothing serious
    Really? I always thought you could only see profiles within X miles of your current location, but can you actually search for anyone on the planet as long as you know their username? Granted, now that you've mentioned you're not showing any skin in your default pic, I won't bother anyway...

…and that’s probably why they don’t update it much. If there would be a premium membership where people have to pay something, they probably would do more updates for the site.
    I think last.fm does offer something like that, but I'm not sure if the incentives are worth it.

Glad you’re enjoying that fast turnover on my charts. You know, I’m always having some statistics and the discographies of the artists in my head, so it feels sad if an artist doesn’t do as well as they used to do and not because I’m liking them less, but because I’m enjoying so many other songs/albums at the moment. A good example would be Kerli or Within Temptation – two artists I ADORED in the past and still do, but they are underperforming a lot com-pared to their previous release(s). But then that’s probably a similar problem like we were talking about a few weeks ago when it comes to our own charts… it should be fun and not be too serious.
    Yeah, the context of when songs were released/what else was going on at the same time can really make a difference in their performance, and that isn't always clear just by looking at peaks/chart runs in a discography. Timing and competition have certainly impacted songs on my chart too.

Aww… that’s sad to hear as I’d say it’s my favorite one. But even though I’m enjoying “Wow” it will also suffer a big drop this week… well, at least that’s what I predict as the Eurovision Song Contest starts today and will most likely already have a big impact on this weeks chart… plus some other things going on like Ciara’s album release.
    So you definitely prefer "Wow" to both "Ruin My Life" and "Don't Worry Bout Me"? I didn't expect that! I know you weren't crazy about the first two singles, but I didn't think you'd consider "Wow" to be a (big?) improvement.

That’s a great point that I didn’t even realize yet! Funny how those DJ collaboration seem to be my favorite tunes on the concerts this year. Will be interesting if some-thing similar may happen with Maren Morris with “The Middle” as I’m planning to see her concert this Sunday (though it’s still not 100% sure, but she’s pretty unknown over here so I don’t need to hurry things with buy a ticket…). I already knew you’d be very happy to see “Don’t Leave Me Alone” peaking that high this week… to be fair, it definitely deserved a better performance during its first run as it’s a great song actually.

• Surprised to see both "Superstar" and "Carry On" reach new heights just as Eurovision hype kicks into high gear! Did you watch Detective Pikachu?
    • Does this impressive re-entry mean "Replay" replaced "Chameleon" as your top-pick heading into the contest? Both of those tunes seem more interesting and infectious than the actual winner...
    • ...which was apparently "Arcade"? I just checked it out after it debuted inside Akini's latest Top 5, and it's nice enough, but it kind of blurs right into other recent sad-boy-smashes like "Be Alright" and "Someone You Loved" for me. Wikipedia says that Duncan identifies as bi, and it's always encouraging to see a member of the LGBTQ+ community achieving such success (especially on an international level like this) - so "yay" for that!
    • I think you mentioned somewhere that "I Don't Care" was yet another underwhelming recent pop release for you, but it still hurts to see it miss your Top 40 entirely I'm digging it, and bummed that "Old Town Road" will almost certainly block it from No. 1 on the next Hot 100.

Yet another stellar chart, Marsike!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:54

Hi Tansike <3

So after months of build up, eurovision is over for another year! But i'm now in my post-live final listening phase and well, let's just say its likely that the impact could be more impressive compared to previous years.

3 (RE) Tamta – Replay

I loved this when Cyprus first unveiled their entry. Thankfully Tamta redeemed herself in the live final, i thought that performance was so much better than the semi final. It's still not a patch on Fuego though, i think Eleni's song will be a eurovision staple for years to come even if it did finished second last year.

5 (RE) Bilal Hassani – Roi

I kinda liked this song more over time but its never been one of my absolute favourites ever since i first checked it out. I will admit i expected France to do better on televoting though.

6 (NEW) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity

What a transformation in just a number of days. I really didn't rate this song highly at first but i've never considered opera and dance a convincing combination. Then i watched that semi final performance and i was truly MIND BLOWN watching the much improved staging. I think the fact it was originally staged similarly to Estonia 2018 put me off somewhat. But wow Australia sure turned things around and it's become one of my favourites.

7 (5) Michela – Chameleon

Aww Michaela i think ended up suffering from performing first. By the time we got Spain, i suspect Malta's entry was long gone from many peoples memory. I still think it's a great track and i genuinely believe had Michaela been on in the second half, she would've got more televotes.

The backing music is amazing, so fizzy and quirky. I even think the chorus is catchy and there's no denying Hatari are visually very striking to watch. But it's the harshness of the shouting vocals that detracts my affection from the song. I totally understand their concept but from a musical point of view, that's the one thing that misses the mark for me.

15 (29) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám

Gosh at Hungary failing to qualify. I expected Pápai to qualify for the live final.

16 (NEW) Zena – Like It

This was the big surprise at the semi finals as i hadn't been fussed either way beforehand. I do think the vocals were less impressive at the live final and that kinda made me lost faith in the song.

26 (RE) Sergey Lazarev – Scream

Not gonna lie i'm happy Russia came 3rd. That's still an excellent position for any country to manage in the final but of the top 5 on the final scoreboard, Scream is quite comfortably my least favourite. It doesn't mean i dislike the song, it does have some charm but as a ballad i didn't feel overcome with emotion compared to the first time i listened to Arcade. As someone who champions pure pop, i'm firmly sticking by You are the only one as being Sergey's best eurovision entry.

29 (RE) Duncan Laurence – Arcade

...and here it is!!!!! I'm so delighted Duncan won as i've loved this song pretty much since it was revealed as the Netherlands entry. My favourite winner since Portugal, which curiously since i started my own chart this was my fave since 2015. It seems every other i'm not as on board with the winner (i also preferred The Common Linnets over Conchitta Wurst in 2014) so by my reckoning i should be disappointed with next year's winner.

31 (NEW) Eliot – Wake Up

Aww this could've been so much better had Eliot been a solid competent singer. I do think his youth and inexperience as a performance ultimately got the better of him. A shame because from what i've seen on YouTube he's such an incredibly humbled genuinely lovely young guy and i adore him as a person. It's just a shame his vocals in the semi final weren't up to scratch. Oh, and i echo everyone who said the staging was terrible.

34 (36) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky

Winners of the televote, a moral victory for Keiino. I've got over the chanting section of the song and just completely enjoy the track for being truly eurovision in every way possible. I know you've commented on how much the female singer sounds like the uncredited female vocalists on Alan Walker tracks, and it's actually true about how similar their tones are. This is such a happy uplifting party track.

35 (40) Mahmood – Soldi

My other big favourite from this years eurovision has been Mahmood. There's something incredibly captivating about Soldi whilst also being amazingly really well written song. I even love the tribal undertones in the song, there's like an indian drum sound which makes the song sound more exotic that it probably is.

36 (NEW) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi

This is really pleasant and totally chilled out. Perhaps a tad too chilled for me. I like this until the second verse, but then i start to lose interest slightly. Had the song built up to a bigger crescendo ending i'm sure i would've liked this song even more.

37 (NEW) Serhat – Say Na Na Na

Ahh Serhat, the king of cheese. The song is without question one of the catchiest but those vocals are difficult to iisten too. Such a deep voice, it's actually slightly eerie.

I wasn't overly sold on this initially but i did slowly come round to the song. I still wouldn't say it's in my favourites list. The guys in Lake Malawi are so cute though (predictable shameless twink comment).

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 21st, 2019, 01:11

10 (4) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    22 (NEW) Aly & AJ – Church

As usual lots of songs I haven't heard (and a lot of so-so or bad ESC entries), but these are the highlights for me. Great to see Aly & AJ! (And the EP too, which I almost haven't listened properly to yet.)

Legend
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 22nd, 2019, 03:41

Aw, my favourite ESC song - "Too Late for Love" - isn't here, but glad that you've got a lot of the others!

1 (2) Marina – Superstar
    2 (8) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    16 (NEW) Zena – Like It
    14 (31) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    33 (24) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    35 (40) Mahmood – Soldi
    39 (RE) Ciara – Level Up

Yes, I went to see her live and it was very cool! "Anywhere" and "I Will Never Let You Down" are actually also my favorite songs from her, unfortunately the performance of the latter wasn't as amazing as I was hoping for. Glad you checked out "Superstar", but kinda sad to hear it was just okay for you as I think it's quite magical. I don't really remember if you were into her past stuff as well or not, but I feel like she sounds like she did on her second album which is a big plus for me.
    Yeah, I liked both Electra Heart and Froot. "Froot" is probably the best thing she's done - either that or "Primadonna".

Haha... it's really a disappointing return for her. Can't believe she's also one of the pop stars who disappoint with their new stuff (next to Zara Larsson, Carly Rae Jepsen or Ellie Goulding)
    Carly Rae's album delivered for me, though!

Mine as well, so that's not a good sign for "Chameleon" Fingers crossed for the best... we still never saw her performing it live, so I'm excited to see how her rehearsals went.
    It wasn't a great night for her.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS
    So happy to hear that!
    Did it just click with you someday or how did it happen?
    I think parts of 2019 were just a lot happier than most of 2018, so I felt like I could relate more to the lyrics.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [75-71]

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 22nd, 2019, 18:08

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Ha, no worries - I'm sure I've asked some repeat questions over the years of us interacting every week. He's definitely more of a gamer than I am, though he does seem to jump from game-to-game a lot, so I'm not sure how many he truly finishes. He was playing Apex Legends every single night for a while, but I don't think he's touched it at all the past couple weeks (granted, that's the type of game that's never completely "finished," like Fortnite or Overwatch). Has your partner been playing anything lately?

Oh, he sounds similar to my partner who also jumps from game-to-game a lot, like during one phase he's obsessed with a game only to not touch it at all out of a sudden and being obsessed with another game. My partner is currently playing Diablo a lot and was obsessed with Division 2 lately, but I didn't see him playing that one for like two weeks now so I guess he has moved on from that

I only applied to colleges outside Illinois, since I figured college was the perfect opportunity to try living in a different environment. California was especially appealing, since it's generally more liberal/open, contains several major cities, and a VERY different climate than the midwest.

Aw, that's amazing <3 Speaking of repeat questions, I might've asked this at some point before, but when/how did you come out to her?
    Sounds so cool!
    I really have to say the school system from the US overall sounds very interesting and I would have loved going to a college as well. Of course I only know it from movies but it always looks so cool with all the groups, teen-dramas and stuff like that How does a college exactly work if I may ask? Do you have to pay for it, or do you have to do a test for it to get into it... and it sounded like you're sleeping in some kind of an accommodation, so you don't need to find a place to stay or something?

I came out to her around two months after I turned 18, as I came together with my first boyfriend a month after I turned 18 and it was so obvious that I'm having 'someone' as we were calling each other a lot, we actually were on the telephone for at least an hour every evening and while I used to stay at home the whole weekend before I met him, I suddenly left on Friday and came home on Sunday every weekend... so I kinda 'had' to tell her what's going on shortly after I got to know him. But it was more like a 'oh btw, I'm having a boyfriend' and that was basically it - it wasn't a 'mom, let's sit down, I have something to tell you... I'm gay' situation.
    How about you if I may ask?

Ah, that's definitely a downside. Though I think you've mentioned that you still enjoy going by yourself sometimes too, so even the "worst case scenario" isn't so bad? (Well, besides paying for a second ticket you didn't end up using).
    Well, it only happened once so far that I went to a concert by myself (Evanescence). But what annoys me more is when plans get changed so spontaneously that I can't go at all even though I'd have tickets - this already happened twice

Ooh, so you were a big Victorious AND Wizards fan! I vaguely recall you expressing a lot of love for "Falling Down" before, so that makes even more sense now. It's awesome that you were a dedicated enough fan to order the Kiss & Tell import! Did you ever buy the European version as well, for collector's sake? I think they have different covers, at least (and probably some bonus tracks too?) I can't remember the very first album I ever ordered from overseas, but it was probably something of Kylie's.
    Yep... I'd love to say 'big childhood memories' but I wasn't even a child anymore when I watched these shows Still loved them! Yeah, I bought the European version of "Kiss & Tell" as well so I have both covers in my collection <3 But there weren't bonus tracks on this one... maybe a remix of "Naturally" but I'm not even sure about that one. Kylie would have been a great choice!
    But may I ask how you discovered Kylie? I mean, even though she's considered a legend everywhere in the world, she is shockingly unpopular in the US, no?

Really? I always thought you could only see profiles within X miles of your current location, but can you actually search for anyone on the planet as long as you know their username? Granted, now that you've mentioned you're not showing any skin in your default pic, I won't bother anyway...
    Ah no, you don't have to know their usernames, but you can choose a location and it shows the profiles near to that location - and you can search whatever you want. Haha...

I think last.fm does offer something like that, but I'm not sure if the incentives are worth it.
    Oh, I had no idea something like that exists there - but it doesn't really make much sense as you don't get much. At least it seems so for me

Yeah, the context of when songs were released/what else was going on at the same time can really make a difference in their performance, and that isn't always clear just by looking at peaks/chart runs in a discography. Timing and competition have certainly impacted songs on my chart too.
    True. The upcoming week will be horrible for statistics as there'll be some HUGE drops on my charts... thankfully I can't name many songs that were really affected by things like that so far so it always seems worse in the actual moment than it is when it happened weeks ago and I'm looking at the situation from a more neutral way. One case I'm still sad about is "Poker Face" for example which somehow ended up as one of Lady Gaga's least successful songs ever on my charts even though I adored it a lot back then.

So you definitely prefer "Wow" to both "Ruin My Life" and "Don't Worry Bout Me"? I didn't expect that! I know you weren't crazy about the first two singles, but I didn't think you'd consider "Wow" to be a (big?) improvement.
    Right now I do, yes, but "Don't Worry Bout Me" comes close with "Ruin My Life" being clearly my least fave of them all. But even "Wow" is weaker than most of her last album, so that whole era has been a mess for me so far and I'm really worried when it comes to Zara. I really thought she'd come back with a banger and get a proper & successful second era. Will be interesting to see if Dua will do it better.

• Surprised to see both "Superstar" and "Carry On" reach new heights just as Eurovision hype kicks into high gear! Did you watch Detective Pikachu?
    • Does this impressive re-entry mean "Replay" replaced "Chameleon" as your top-pick heading into the contest? Both of those tunes seem more interesting and infectious than the actual winner...
    • ...which was apparently "Arcade"? I just checked it out after it debuted inside Akini's latest Top 5, and it's nice enough, but it kind of blurs right into other recent sad-boy-smashes like "Be Alright" and "Someone You Loved" for me. Wikipedia says that Duncan identifies as bi, and it's always encouraging to see a member of the LGBTQ+ community achieving such success (especially on an international level like this) - so "yay" for that!
    • I think you mentioned somewhere that "I Don't Care" was yet another underwhelming recent pop release for you, but it still hurts to see it miss your Top 40 entirely I'm digging it, and bummed that "Old Town Road" will almost certainly block it from No. 1 on the next Hot 100.

Yet another stellar chart, Marsike!
    I did, actually already a week and a half ago, so that's kinda why "Carry On" reached a new peak last week. Did you see it as well? It's lovely!

The first Semi Final was on Tuesday last week so it affected last weeks chart, and Tamta's "Replay" was part of that Semi Final while Michela was part of the second Semi Final on Thursday evening, so after I posted the chart. So that's why Tamta was higher, because she got a big boost through the first Semi but overall I still preferred "Chameleon" for the contest overall. Very glad to hear you enjoyed them more than the actual winner

Yes, "Arcade" won. It's a good song and he slayed his performance, but I'm happy the most for the Netherlands as I'm loving the country and they finally deserved a victory again (the last time they won was over 40 years ago!). Interestingly, the LGBTQ+ community was very successful at the contest this year, like Mahmood (Italy, #2), Sergey Lazarev (Russia, #3; not official though, but there are heavy rumors) and the main singer from Keiino (Norway, #5).

Yep, I'm very disappointed in "I Don't Care" but my partner is loving it so there's still a chance I may get into it as well. Honestly, I'm so happy for "Old Town Road" to block Taylor, Shawn and Ed & Justin, what a huge achievement for someone with his debut single (and for a former forum stan like we are - Lil Nas X was actually a big Nicki Minaj stan, had a very popular Twitter stan account and was even a member on ATRL) Plus I have to admit I'm enjoying "Old Town Road" a lot more than all these songs as well, they were all disappointing while OTR is surprisingly fresh and likable.

Thank you

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 22nd, 2019, 18:39

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Hi Tansike <3

So after months of build up, eurovision is over for another year! But i'm now in my post-live final listening phase and well, let's just say its likely that the impact could be more impressive compared to previous years.
    Hey Jake!

Yes, it's always over way too fast, isn't it? But I loved this years edition after all. My anticipation before the contest was as low as it wasn't for years so I was kinda worried, but now I have to admit it was a very strong year. Thanks for taking the time and leave a comment on here The next chart (comes tomorrow) will be even fuller with ESC tracks by the way

3 (RE) Tamta – Replay

I loved this when Cyprus first unveiled their entry. Thankfully Tamta redeemed herself in the live final, i thought that performance was so much better than the semi final. It's still not a patch on Fuego though, i think Eleni's song will be a eurovision staple for years to come even if it did finished second last year.
    Ok, first, I agree on Eleni being an ESC staple now. I mean, her short performance on the Final was one of the clear highlights this year and she may end up as yet another Verka, so one of the rare cases when the runner-up will be more known and loved by ESC people than the winner that year. Second, I agree, "Replay" isn't as strong as "Fuego" but Tamta still delivered in the Final. Also love the song in general (studio version), it's just a great pop tune and I'm always here for that. Even though a result similar to Eleni wasn't possible, Cyprus still did very good compared to their previous positions pre Eleni.

5 (RE) Bilal Hassani – Roi

I kinda liked this song more over time but its never been one of my absolute favourites ever since i first checked it out. I will admit i expected France to do better on televoting though.
    Me too when it comes to televoting, but his voice wasn't as strong as usual during the performance so I got the poor results. It seemed like he was kinda sick because he delivered a better vocal performance in the Semi Final (IMO). Anyways, this song wasn't on my radar for some time, but I loved his short interview during the first Semi plus I suddenly got obsessed with "Roi" on Wednesday evening / Thursday morning last week, so he actually moved up quite a few spots during the last minutes before posting my charts

What a transformation in just a number of days. I really didn't rate this song highly at first but i've never considered opera and dance a convincing combination. Then i watched that semi final performance and i was truly MIND BLOWN watching the much improved staging. I think the fact it was originally staged similarly to Estonia 2018 put me off somewhat. But wow Australia sure turned things around and it's become one of my favourites.
    Yes! That's what I'm loving about the ESC! A country where people thought it may be a non-qualifier becomes one of the favorites to win the whole thing. The staging was PERFECT plus Kate seems sooo lovely. Kate can be so proud and Australia should be proud as well - though it's weird how she ended up 9th just like Isaiah

Aww Michaela i think ended up suffering from performing first. By the time we got Spain, i suspect Malta's entry was long gone from many peoples memory. I still think it's a great track and i genuinely believe had Michaela been on in the second half, she would've got more televotes.
    Agreed. At first I was happy how well she did with juries as I thought she will get more points through televoting than through juries, but then they announced 20 points for her and my reaction was similar to hers Plus let's be honest, she lacked stage presence and didn't really sell the song. Someone like Zena (when it comes to stage presence / energy) would have slayed that performance and it would have get a much better result.

The backing music is amazing, so fizzy and quirky. I even think the chorus is catchy and there's no denying Hatari are visually very striking to watch. But it's the harshness of the shouting vocals that detracts my affection from the song. I totally understand their concept but from a musical point of view, that's the one thing that misses the mark for me.
    Haha... no surprise there, and as I said on the ESC topic I'm obviously loving the shouting vocals. But there's still something missing in this for me, there are quite a few ESC tracks that I enjoy a lot more. Definitely a deserved Top10 placement - for its staging alone - but I'm okay they didn't end up with a better result.

15 (29) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám

Gosh at Hungary failing to qualify. I expected Pápai to qualify for the live final.
    Me too, that was quite a shock to me. Especially because he already got a very successful result not so long ago with a weaker song (IMO, of course). This is very lovely.

16 (NEW) Zena – Like It

This was the big surprise at the semi finals as i hadn't been fussed either way beforehand. I do think the vocals were less impressive at the live final and that kinda made me lost faith in the song.
    Same here! I didn't think much of this before the Semi but gosh, she sold it so well! Yeah, she sounded kinda screechy (?) during the Final, especially on the last chorus, so I also enjoyed the performance during the second Semi more. But even with these vocals I was still impressed as she is just 16 years old and slayed the performance overall, her energy was amazing and I would have loved a better result for Belarus.

Not gonna lie i'm happy Russia came 3rd. That's still an excellent position for any country to manage in the final but of the top 5 on the final scoreboard, Scream is quite comfortably my least favourite. It doesn't mean i dislike the song, it does have some charm but as a ballad i didn't feel overcome with emotion compared to the first time i listened to Arcade. As someone who champions pure pop, i'm firmly sticking by You are the only one as being Sergey's best eurovision entry.
    You're happy? I wasn't... simply because the song didn't deserve that position. I love Sergey (I'm low-key having a crush on him since the ESC 2016) and his vocals were on point, but the staging was surprisingly weak and the song itself didn't do much compared to some other entries, so going 3rd when he already got the same result with a much better song in 2016 was shocking to me. So we kinda agree on this one

...and here it is!!!!! I'm so delighted Duncan won as i've loved this song pretty much since it was revealed as the Netherlands entry. My favourite winner since Portugal, which curiously since i started my own chart this was my fave since 2015. It seems every other i'm not as on board with the winner (i also preferred The Common Linnets over Conchitta Wurst in 2014) so by my reckoning i should be disappointed with next year's winner.
    Ok, this is too much. Dear Jake, please. You preferred The Common Linnets over "Rise Like A Phoenix" is one thing, but misspelling the one and only Queen of Europe Conchita Wurst? How dare you!
    jk of course... but I'm really surprised to hear that as Conchita's entry has been the most important ESC victory in the last 15 years or so (or since I'm following it) plus it's just so strong in my eyes. The song itself isn't something I put on heavy rotation but based on importance and impact it's definitely the best winner (judged my song alone it would be "Euphoria" <3).

Anyways, yes, I'm so, so happy for that victory as well! The Netherlands really deserved it. "Arcade" wasn't my favorite of the evening but he really put on a great one-man-show plus his vocals were fantastic! Since I love Amsterdam I hope the contest will be there so I can try to get tickets

31 (NEW) Eliot – Wake Up

Aww this could've been so much better had Eliot been a solid competent singer. I do think his youth and inexperience as a performance ultimately got the better of him. A shame because from what i've seen on YouTube he's such an incredibly humbled genuinely lovely young guy and i adore him as a person. It's just a shame his vocals in the semi final weren't up to scratch. Oh, and i echo everyone who said the staging was terrible.
    Agreed. I was surprised to read he actually won The Voice Of Belgium when his vocal performance was very shaky. I didn't even mind the bad staging that much and the song had potential, so I still would have loved this to make the finals (and end up bottom five, but at least finals would have been nice).

Winners of the televote, a moral victory for Keiino. I've got over the chanting section of the song and just completely enjoy the track for being truly eurovision in every way possible. I know you've commented on how much the female singer sounds like the uncredited female vocalists on Alan Walker tracks, and it's actually true about how similar their tones are. This is such a happy uplifting party track.
    That's so amazing and well deserved! This has been on my radar for a while now... thanks for talking about my comments about the Alan Walker comparison, no one ever said something similar but I mentioned it like three or four times already because "Spirit In The Sky" screams Alan Walker for me and I still can't believe I was the only one who heard it As you say, this is pure Eurovision and I love how popular this was for people, kinda sad it didn't have a better result as it flopped with juries. Only shows that the current voting system doesn't really work because it can't be the case that very few people from a country have as much power as a whole country.
    Also, with the old voting system, Norway would have won exactly ten years after Alexander Rybak, that would have been wonderful.

35 (40) Mahmood – Soldi

My other big favourite from this years eurovision has been Mahmood. There's something incredibly captivating about Soldi whilst also being amazingly really well written song. I even love the tribal undertones in the song, there's like an indian drum sound which makes the song sound more exotic that it probably is.
    Agreed. It's not a song that I would love from first listen but there's something about "Soldi" so I'm feeling the same as you. I'm glad he did so well as the Big Five always have it more difficult than the others.

This is really pleasant and totally chilled out. Perhaps a tad too chilled for me. I like this until the second verse, but then i start to lose interest slightly. Had the song built up to a bigger crescendo ending i'm sure i would've liked this song even more.
    I kinda like this. I get why so many people think it's boring but this song has a similar reaction to someone like Billie Eilish or Lana Del Rey, and "Sebi" kinda reminded me of these two artists.

37 (NEW) Serhat – Say Na Na Na

Ahh Serhat, the king of cheese. The song is without question one of the catchiest but those vocals are difficult to iisten too. Such a deep voice, it's actually slightly eerie.
    Loved how San Marino made it to the finals and didn't even flop there... but compared to other entries that wasn't really deserved as his vocals were the worst of the year IMO. Still a guilty pleasure and as you say, cheesy... in a positive way.

I wasn't overly sold on this initially but i did slowly come round to the song. I still wouldn't say it's in my favourites list. The guys in Lake Malawi are so cute though (predictable shameless twink comment).
    Yeah, I thought it's very basic but they put on a good show and sold it well. 7 points from the televote was a shock though Awww... well, they're yours, I'm not really into twinks

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 22nd, 2019, 18:55

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    10 (4) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    22 (NEW) Aly & AJ – Church

As usual lots of songs I haven't heard (and a lot of so-so or bad ESC entries), but these are the highlights for me. Great to see Aly & AJ! (And the EP too, which I almost haven't listened properly to yet.)
    Thanks for coming by, Magnus! I'm glad there are a few songs that you enjoy on my chart, maybe there'll be even more on tomorrow's new update as quite a lot of ESC songs will debut. So happy to see you quoting Keiino as this has turned out as a clear highlight of this years contest for me
    Also, yes, I have to thank you for putting Aly & AJ back on my radar through your chart, as I had no idea they would release an EP. I hope you will enjoy it once you listen to it properly

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 22nd, 2019, 19:00

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Aw, my favourite ESC song - "Too Late for Love" - isn't here, but glad that you've got a lot of the others!

1 (2) Marina – Superstar
    2 (8) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    16 (NEW) Zena – Like It
    14 (31) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    33 (24) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    35 (40) Mahmood – Soldi
    39 (RE) Ciara – Level Up
    Don't worry, that chart only showed the impact of the first Semi Final and me listening to some entries prior the contest. Sweden will debut on tomorrow's update
    Glad you're enjoying quite a few entries on the Top40

Yeah, I liked both Electra Heart and Froot. "Froot" is probably the best thing she's done - either that or "Primadonna".
    Oh, that's good to know! I liked both as well and "Froot" is also one of my clear faves from Marina, though I probably prefer "Living Dead" and "Power & Control" from "Electra Heart" more.

Carly Rae's album delivered for me, though!
    Same! The album as a whole turned out better than expected, but there's still a clear standout missing for me. I was hoping for another "Run Away With Me"...

It wasn't a great night for her.
    Well, she made it to the Final, that's better than nothing
    Plus she lacked stage presence, she seemed way too nervous.

I think parts of 2019 were just a lot happier than most of 2018, so I felt like I could relate more to the lyrics.
    Sounds great! Glad it finally grew on you... it's probably my most favorite song by Ariana to date now

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 00:21

Thanks for coming by, Magnus! I'm glad there are a few songs that you enjoy on my chart, maybe there'll be even more on tomorrow's new update as quite a lot of ESC songs will debut. So happy to see you quoting Keiino as this has turned out as a clear highlight of this years contest for me
    Also, yes, I have to thank you for putting Aly & AJ back on my radar through your chart, as I had no idea they would release an EP. I hope you will enjoy it once you listen to it properly
    So far those three ESC songs are the only ones I've played more than once. And probably none of them will reach the top 10 on my chart. At least the winner wasn't horrible this year, it's a pretty nice song although not my style. It will still be interesting to see which songs will do well on your chart though!

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 06:23

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    So far those three ESC songs are the only ones I've played more than once. And probably none of them will reach the top 10 on my chart. At least the winner wasn't horrible this year, it's a pretty nice song although not my style. It will still be interesting to see which songs will do well on your chart though!
    Oh really? That‘s great, as two of them will be very high on this weeks chart. So we share two favorites
    Yes, the winner is nice but at the same it‘s kinda normal for an ESC winning song, if that makes sense...

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 06:38

My Charts - week 21/2019 – 23 may 2019 - Eurovision Invasion part two

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (7) Michela – Chameleon
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1- / 6w

2 (6) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
    Chart Run: 6-*2*- / 2w

3 (RE) Luca Hänni – She Got Me
    Chart Run: *3*-5-16-37-Out-RE 3- / 5w

4 (34) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
    Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-*4*- / 5w

5 (3) Tamta – Replay
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5- / 9w

6 (29) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
    Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-*6*- / 4w

7 (NEW) Chingiz – Truth

8 (35) Mahmood – Soldi
    Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*- / 4w

9 (1) Marina – Superstar
    Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9- / 4w

10 (5) Bilal Hassani – Roi
    Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*-10- / 4w

11 (NEW) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    Chart Run: *11*- / 1w

12 (16) Zena – Like It
    Chart Run: 16-*12*- / 2w

13 (2) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13- / 5w

14 (NEW) Halsey – Nightmare
    Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (24) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-*15*- / 6w

16 (26) Sergey Lazarev – Scream
    Chart Run: 30-Out-RE 26-*16*- / 3w

17 (NEW) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
    Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (NEW) Miki – La venda
    Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (12) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
    Chart Run: *12*-19- / 2w

20 (NEW) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
    Chart Run: *20*- / 1w

21 (8) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
    Chart Run: *1*-3-8-21- / 4w

22 (11) Within Temptation – Mad World
    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22- / 6w

23 (9) Ciara – Thinkin Bout You
    Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *9*-23- / 3w

24 (NEW) John Lundvik – Too Late For Love
    Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (36) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi
    Chart Run: 36-*25*- / 2w

26 (4) Tarja – Dead Promises
    Chart Run: *1*-4-26- / 3w

27 (NEW) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës
    Chart Run: *27*- / 1w

28 (NEW) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna
    Chart Run: *28*- / 1w

29 (14) Cellar Darling – Freeze
    Chart Run: *2*-6-9-14-29- / 5w

30 (NEW) Katerine Duska – Better Love
    Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (NEW) Tamara Todevska – Proud
    Chart Run: *31*- / 1w

32 (19) Blackpink – Kill This Love
    Chart Run: 12-5-*4*-8-12-19-32- / 7w

33 (18) Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G*
    Chart Run: 3-3-6-*2*-3-5-10-15-18-33- / 10w

34 (15) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám
    Chart Run: 21-*14*-29-15-34- / 5w

35 (NEW) Carousel – That Night
    Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (13) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
    Chart Run: 20-30-38-Out-RE 37-35-38-Out-RE *7*-13-36- / 9w

37 (NEW) Srbuk – Walking Out

38 (17) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live
    Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *11*-17-38- / 4w

39 (10) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-8-11-12-9-7-8-13-18-20-28-37-4-10-39- / 17w

40 (NEW) Victor Crone – Storm

Out of Top40
    Out (20) Zara Larsson – Wow (3w)
    Out (21) Avicii feat. Rita Ora – Lonely Together (3w)
    Out (22) Aly & AJ – Church (1w)
    Out (23) Banks – Gimme (2w)
    Out (25) Ciara – Dose (2w)
    Out (27) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P* (18w)
    Out (28) Sofi Tukker – Fantasy (8w)
    Out (30) Ashley Tisdale – Voices In My Head (5w)
    Out (31) Eliot – Wake Up (1w)
    Out (32) Mrs. Greenbird – Morals (4W)
    Out (33) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy (7w)
    Out (37) Serhat – Say Na Na Na (1w)
    Out (38) Anne-Marie – Alarm (4w)
    Out (39) Ciara – Level Up (4w)
    Out (40) Lake Malawi – Friend Of A Friend (1w)

New certifications
    none

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 06:38

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (2) Eurovision Song Contest 2019
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1- / 5w

2 (1) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (NEW) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated

4 (4) Marina – Love + Fear
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) Rammstein – Rammstein

6 (12) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
    Chart Run: 12-*6*- / 2w

7 (3) Ciara – Beauty Marks
    Chart Run: *3*-7- / 2w

8 (5) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
    Chart Run: *5*-8- / 2w

9 (NEW) Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
    Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (9) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10- / 7w

11 (8) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
    Chart Run: *2*-4-8-11- / 4w

12 (10) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12- / 8w

13 (11) Various Artists – For The Throne
    Chart Run: *4*-7-11-13- / 4w

14 (6) James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP
    Chart Run: *6*-14- / 2w

15 (13) Eluveitie – Ategnatos
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15- / 7w

16 (17) Kerli – Shadow Works *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16- / 13w

17 (15) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
    Chart Run: *5*-10-13-15-17- / 5w

18 (7) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11-16-Out-RE 15-13-16-18-Out-RE 3-7-18- / 16w

19 (16) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U
    Chart Run: *11*-16-17-16-19- / 5w

20 (14) Passenger – Sometimes It’s Something, Sometimes It’s Nothing At All
    Chart Run: *6*-14-20- / 3w

Out of Top20
    Out (18) Cellar Darling – The Spell *G* (8w)
    Out (19) Rita Ora – Phoenix *P* (18w)
    Out (20) BTS – Map Of The Soul: Persona (5w)

New certifications
    “Only Love, L” by Lena goes GOLD (100+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 06:39

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (NEW) Charli XCX feat. Lizzo – Blame It On Your Love
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Jurijus – Run With The Lions

4 (NEW) Anna Odobescu – Stay
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) S!sters – Sister

6 (NEW) Sarah McTernan – 22

7 (NEW) Leonora – Love Is Forever

8 (NEW) Paenda – Limits
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (3) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care
    Chart Run: *3*-9- / 2w

10 (7) Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman – Look Away
    Chart Run: *7*-10- / 2w

Legend
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 07:50

Chart Run: 6-*2*- / 2w

Kate did all this just to repeat Isiah result, female pop-opera underperforms in the recent years. Only eye-candy like Il Volo can do well.

Chart Run: *17*- / 1w
    Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

Two underrated canadian stars.

Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

Very smooth & relaxing song. Perfect for long evening & sitting in a cafe.

I was surprised it didn't make the Grand Final tbh, and actually ended up as the worst-ever Armenia result.

Bubbling under

I actually liked the song, but that was one lazy staging effort.

Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

Telenovela soundtrack.

Such a cute song, but not for Eurovision, I suppose.

8 (NEW) Paenda – Limits
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

Didn't deserve 0 from televoters.
    Last edited by heppolo; Thu May 23rd, 2019 at 22:28.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Roadie
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu May 23rd, 2019, 10:27

For me Latvian song became the most positive surprise of Eurovision week.

Do you really like almost all ESC songs in this year or this chart was based on LastFm \ Spotify plays numbers ?
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 21:52

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post

Kate did all this just to repeat Isiah result, female pop-opera underperforms in the recent years. Only eye-candy like Il Volo can do well.
    So true She deserved better than 9th ... but to be fair, prior the actual contest many people thought she would be the first Australian entry to miss the Grand Final, so she did well after all. The staging was incredible and the song has been a huge grower for me. This will definitely end up as one of my faves from this year

(Interestingly, I always disliked Il Volo even though Malena Ernman's "La voix" has been my favorite entry from her year, last year Estonia was my fave and this year I love Australia. Guess I'm only here for female pop-opera and not male )

Two underrated canadian stars.
    Yes! Especially Romania was way too underrated - actually their worst result ever! A shame, as I like Ester Peony and she did a great job with her performance IMO. Plus - what's obviously the most important thing - the song is great as well.

Very smooth & relaxing song. Perfect for long evening & sitting in a cafe.
    True

I was surprised it didn't make the Grand Final tbh, and actually ended up as the worst-ever Armenia result.
    Yes, me too. But to be fair there was more potential in this, the performance wasn't that outstanding and performing first was probably also not in her favor.

Bubbling under

I actually liked the song, but that was one lazy staging effort.
    Same here...

Telenovela soundtrack.
    I actually enjoyed this ballad. She had a great voice and the sand artist was cool as well.

Such a cute song, but not for Eurovision, I suppose.
    Think so too. Plus she kinda lacked charisma...

8 (NEW) Paenda – Limits

Didn't deserve 0 from televoters.
    The song is interesting, but she clearly got lost in her Semi Final

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 21:54

Quote Originally Posted by LastDreamer View Post
    For me Latvian song became the most positive surprise of Eurovision week.

Do you really like almost all ESC songs in this year or this chart was based on LastFm \ Spotify plays numbers ?
    Same here! Latvia together with Romania were my most positive surprises this year as I wasn't a big fan of these songs previously.

Ah, my charts is mainly based on how I like the song, not on LastFM/streaming plays. So yes, I actually enjoy almost all songs from the ESC. But that's been the case for several years now... guess I'm just a big fan of the contest overall

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 24th, 2019, 22:15

Love Charlie XCX/Lizzo and Sheeran/Bieber - likely to make an impact on my most played chart in the coming weeks

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 10:21

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    Love Charlie XCX/Lizzo and Sheeran/Bieber - likely to make an impact on my most played chart in the coming weeks
    Two good songs, but all involved artists already delivered better songs IMO. They kinda got lost in the ESC craziness for me this week

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 26th, 2019, 18:00

Oh, he sounds similar to my partner who also jumps from game-to-game a lot, like during one phase he's obsessed with a game only to not touch it at all out of a sudden and being obsessed with another game. My partner is currently playing Diablo a lot and was ob-sessed with Division 2 lately, but I didn't see him playing that one for like two weeks now so I guess he has moved on from that
    Ah, Diablo's a classic series, but I don't know much about The Division All of those games that just seem like nonstop shooting/battlefield chaos blur together for me.

I did decide to step (slightly) outside my game-comfort-zone by giving Undertale a try (since it's available on the Switch), and finished it in about a week (with a little help from some online guides).

I really have to say the school system from the US overall sounds very interesting and I would have loved going to a college as well. Of course I only know it from movies but it always looks so cool with all the groups, teen-dramas and stuff like that How does a college exactly work if I may ask? Do you have to pay for it, or do you have to do a test for it to get into it... and it sounded like you're sleeping in some kind of an accommodation, so you don't need to find a place to stay or something?

I came out to her around two months after I turned 18, as I came together with my first boyfriend a month after I turned 18 and it was so obvious that I'm having 'someone' as we were calling each other a lot, we actually were on the telephone for at least an hour every evening and while I used to stay at home the whole weekend before I met him, I suddenly left on Friday and came home on Sunday every weekend... so I kinda 'had' to tell her what's going on shortly after I got to know him. But it was more like a 'oh btw, I'm having a boyfriend' and that was basically it - it wasn't a 'mom, let's sit down, I have something to tell you... I'm gay' situation.
    How about you if I may ask?
    Thanks for asking! The college process/experience definitely varies depending on which one you attend, and might've changed over the past 10-15 years, but I'll try to explain without rambling TOO much! Back when I applied, you had to take at least one big entrance test (there were a couple options depending on where you were applying) and fill out a whole application (which included your grades and at least one essay question). You do have to pay (unless you get a scholarship based on grades, athletic performance, etc), and public schools are generally cheaper than private ones. Most colleges (especially the four-year-ones) have dormitories, but whether or not you HAVE to live in those varies. Mine required you to live on-campus for your first two years (with rare exceptions if you had family living very close). The school makes a little more money that way and it helps you meet/bond with other students (plus you have less of an excuse for skipping classes when you're living right there). People often refer to college as "the best years of your life," and I'd agree with that! You're living "independently" for the first time, surrounded by people your own age, and without all the stress of a full-time-job/adult responsibilities yet.

Aw, sounds like telling your mom was pretty chill/natural! I'd love if someday every parent would react in such a casual way, instead of it being this huge dramatic revelation when someone says "boyfriend" instead of "girlfriend." The person's character should matter, not their gender. For me, it was kind of the opposite scenario to yours, because my mom had one of those "let's sit down and talk" moments with me when I was in middle school, but I wasn't ready to discuss it with family yet (I think that was before I even started telling my friends). It remained understood-but-mostly-unspoken for a while (I was one of those teens who didn't share much with my parents in general), and my mom passed away before I met my current bf. My dad's met him several times now, and it's been chill enough/he accepts it.

Well, it only happened once so far that I went to a concert by myself (Evanescence). But what annoys me more is when plans get changed so spontaneously that I can't go at all even though I'd have tickets - this already happened twice
    Ah, I'd hate that too! Although I'd like to be more flexible/easy-going, I usually get pretty irritated when plans change at the last minute.

Yep... I'd love to say 'big childhood memories' but I wasn't even a child anymore when I watched these shows Still loved them! Yeah, I bought the European version of "Kiss & Tell" as well so I have both covers in my collection <3 But there weren't bonus tracks on this one... maybe a remix of "Naturally" but I'm not even sure about that one. Kylie would have been a great choice! But may I ask how you discovered Kylie? I mean, even though she's considered a legend everywhere in the world, she is shockingly unpopular in the US, no?
    Kylie's chart history in the US definitely breaks my heart Thankfully, the US didn't sleep on "Can't Get You Out Of My Head," which was right around when I started buying CDs more often and actively following the current music scene. "Love At First Sight" was also a moderate Hot 100 hit (No. 23), and when I was on vacation in London with my parents (I think it was Spring Break 2003), I noticed that Fever had a different cover than the one I'd seen in the US - so I decided to pick up this "rare" version while I had the opportunity, and instantly fell in love. <3

Ah no, you don't have to know their usernames, but you can choose a location and it shows the profiles near to that location - and you can search whatever you want. Ha-ha...
    Nifty! Letting you gawk at D from all over the world (or are you not allowed to include that in your default pic anyway?)

True. The upcoming week will be horrible for statistics as there'll be some HUGE drops on my charts... thankfully I can't name many songs that were really affected by things like that so far so it always seems worse in the actual moment than it is when it happened weeks ago and I'm looking at the situation from a more neutral way. One case I'm still sad about is "Poker Face" for example which somehow ended up as one of Lady Gaga's least successful songs ever on my charts even though I adored it a lot back then.
    Ha, well, I'm kind of OK with that outcome, since it feels like "Poker Face" has become the defining/most-remembered single from The Fame (before "Bad Romance") for most people, but I prefer "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi."

Right now I do, yes, but "Don't Worry Bout Me" comes close with "Ruin My Life" being clearly my least fave of them all. But even "Wow" is weaker than most of her last album, so that whole era has been a mess for me so far and I'm really worried when it comes to Zara. I really thought she'd come back with a banger and get a proper & successful second era. Will be interesting to see if Dua will do it better.
    Ah, yes! A lot is resting on Dua to break your disappointing-pop-streak with Zara, Ellie, Carly, Ed, etc. (though maybe the release of Dedicated has redeemed Carly a bit?)

I did, actually already a week and a half ago, so that's kinda why "Carry On" reached a new peak last week. Did you see it as well? It's lovely!
    Yep, agreed! Although I try not to worry much about critics, I was relieved that they didn't tear the movie to shreds (66% on Rotten Tomatoes feels like a triumph, especially for a video game movie). Apparently a sequel is already in the works, but I'm not sure where the story will go after that "twist" ending.

Yes, "Arcade" won. It's a good song and he slayed his performance, but I'm happy the most for the Netherlands as I'm loving the country and they finally deserved a victory again (the last time they won was over 40 years ago!). Interestingly, the LGBTQ+ community was very successful at the contest this year, like Mahmood (Italy, #2), Sergey Lazarev (Russia, #3; not official though, but there are heavy rumors) and the main singer from Keiino (Norway, #5).
    I had no idea, but that's amazing! If that trend continues, maybe I'll start paying more attention to the competition in the future.

Yep, I'm very disappointed in "I Don't Care" but my partner is loving it so there's still a chance I may get into it as well. Honestly, I'm so happy for "Old Town Road" to block Taylor, Shawn and Ed & Justin, what a huge achievement for someone with his debut single (and for a former forum stan like we are - Lil Nas X was actually a big Nicki Minaj stan, had a very popular Twitter stan account and was even a member on ATRL) Plus I have to admit I'm enjoying "Old Town Road" a lot more than all these songs as well, they were all disappointing while OTR is surprisingly fresh and likable.
    **Fingers crossed** your man can help you see the light You two can start duetting it together! Though who will be Ed and who will be Bieber...?

Eh...it's nice to see a newcomer like Lil Nas X achieve such success, but he'd already been No. 1 on the Hot 100 for four weeks before blocking "ME!," and I think that's plenty of time to shine. The turnover on top would've been SO glorious if he wasn't blocking all of these recent No. 2's: "ME!," then "If I Can't Have You," then "I Don't Care."

• Ah, so Tamta really benefitted from the timing of the semifinal performances last week, and now Michela has reclaimed her throne.
    • I just checked out "Zero Gravity" yesterday after seeing it enter pretty high on steophonic's chart. Wikipedia mentioned that Kate's "classically trained," and you can certainly hear that on "Zero Gravity." What a voice!
    • I guess neither of us is really loving "Nightmare" Admittedly, I've only given it a couple of listens so far, since I've been much more interested in Dedicated/Carly fever and singles from Madonna, Charli, Ed, etc. Props to Halsey for taking a chance with something like this to follow-up a smash like "Without Me," I guess.
    • Speaking of Charli, looks like "Blame It On Your Love" is another recent bop that has to settle for "Bubbling Under" status here Maybe/hopefully it (and "I Don't Care") will have another chance once Eurovision hype dies down...

Yet another vibrant chart, Tancel!