Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 06:50

13 (NEW) Rammstein – Ausländer
    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

back to business after a rather lacklustre "Radio".

10 (NEW) Cheryl – Let You
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

I am on the fence about this, it is not bad by any means, but there's nothing that really sticks and can make it memorable enough
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 02:42

I'm not a big fan of any of Miley's She Is Coming stuff, but "Mother's Daughter" is my favourite from the EP. Actually...I've had the song on repeat since I started replying to this week's chart, and I'm really enjoying it! "Never Really Over" is an underwhelming return for Katy, but I'm sure she'll come with better on the LP.

1 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter
    2 (1) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
    3 (NEW) Katy Perry – Never Really Over
    4 (7) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    5 (13) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
    6 (2) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
    7 (4) Zena – Like It
    8 (5) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    9 (3) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
    11 (8) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
    14 (9) Michela – Chameleon *G*
    16 (11) Mahmood – Soldi
    17 (10) Halsey – Nightmare
    18 (15) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    21 (18) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
    20 (22) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
    23 (20) Miki – La venda
    24 (24) Netta – Nana Banana
    29 (NEW) Cardi B – Press
    30 (16) Luca Hänni – She Got Me
    31 (39) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
    36 (37) RuPaul feat. Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Oh, so you actually enjoy the studio version more than the live performance?
    Yep!

Took me a while to get into “Queens Everywhere” but I got there! Agreed about Yvie’s part being the clear highlight, though I also love Vanjie’s parts. I would live for a Vanjie/Yvie-only version to be honest
    Yeah, I think the song is good, but not amazing. I actually kinda like everyone's parts.

True. I liked his performance during the Final a lot but somehow the studio version doesn’t give me the same feelings as his performance did, that’s why he’s not doing better.
    It's the complete opposite case for me!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [10-6]

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 18:32

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    13 (NEW) Rammstein – Ausländer
    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

back to business after a rather lacklustre "Radio".
    True. "Radio" seemed very weak after "Deutschland" and "Ausländer" is back in a similar league. Though "Radio" keeps growing on me lately...

10 (NEW) Cheryl – Let You

I am on the fence about this, it is not bad by any means, but there's nothing that really sticks and can make it memorable enough
    Agreed.

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 18:37

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I'm not a big fan of any of Miley's She Is Coming stuff, but "Mother's Daughter" is my favourite from the EP. Actually...I've had the song on repeat since I started replying to this week's chart, and I'm really enjoying it! "Never Really Over" is an underwhelming return for Katy, but I'm sure she'll come with better on the LP.

Yas! So happy to hear you've started to enjoy some more songs from "She Is Coming" "Mother's Daughter" is my favorite one as well, closely followed by "Unholy", "Cattitude" and "Party Up The Street".
    Hmm... a week ago I would have replied differently, but now I kinda have to agree when it comes to Katy's new song. Loved it at first but got over it rather quickly.

Also nice to see some appreciation for Todrick Hall's anthem

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    It's the complete opposite case for me!
    Oh, I didn't know that. So you weren't that much into his live performance of "Too Late For Love"?

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 01:15

Just googled Undertale as I never heard about it and the pictures look great! I’ll read more into it as it looks like something that I’d have a lot of fun playing it as well
    NoOo pressure, but I'd love to know what you think of Undertale (if you get a chance to check it out). There were definitely some aspects that frustrated me as someone who basically only knows Pokémon games (like not being able to save whenever I wanted, and the ways to win battles didn't always feel intuitive). The characters are all VERY charming and memorable, though! The story also gets quite interesting toward the end (especially if you do the "pacifist route" - which means you can't kill any enemies, and playing through the game that way changes the final boss fights drastically).

Thanks a lot for explaining it all to me! So it really sounds like I imagined... I would love if they would have the same thing over here. So you have to pay for these four years without a scholarship; is it common to receive a scholarship or is it more a rare thing? Also living on campus is probably a cool thing as you're getting the full college experience that way and you can really concentrate on it, right (in addition to meet/bond with others as you said)? Wow, sounds really cool!

Another related question: What happens after college? Do you get a full time shop afterwards? Because over here it's like school -> apprenticeship -> full time (normal) job so I wonder if college is basically the time in the US when we would do an apprenticeship over here
    No prob! It's fun to reminisce and talk about those years. I think a lot of people I know received some kind of scholarship or academic-based financial aid (due to their good grades in high school) that reduced the overall cost, but I don't think any got a "full ride"/completely-free experience. The rising cost of college is a big issue in the US now, and some people find themselves in debt for many years after graduating (if they had to take out loans to pay for college).

The idea is that you'll have an easier time landing a decent full-time job after earning a college degree, but there's still exceptions (especially if the economy isn't great when you graduate). Students often do unpaid "internships" of some kind during their college years (especially over summer break) to get more real-world/hands-on experience and increase their chances of being hired somewhere full-time after graduation. It sounds like you did an apprenticeship, so what'd you think of that?

Yep, it was. I never realized that she reacted the way someone should until recently - like it's something natural and normal.

Thanks for sharing your story! I feel for you, these feelings are our own feelings and we should share it when we're ready, so having to share it when you weren't ready yet must have been a bad feeling at that point. Also sorry to hear that about your mom I hope things turned out better at some point and it's nice to hear your dad has been chill enough now
    You've got a woke mom.

**Hug** She mentioned that she hoped I'd find someone to love and spend my life with. I'm sure she would've been kind to Ian if they could've met.

Well, after all the stories I’ve told you, it’s probably easy to guess what or who the reason for these spontaneous changes was… So it wasn’t even something like let’s say school that changed the evening (as I have school on evenings every now and then) or similar stuff what would be a ‘good’ reason for a spontaneous change. In these two cases where I missed to see a concert completely despite having bought tickets it was due to something changing spontaneously even though it was a known thing for certain people for a while yet they didn’t care to tell about that early enough.
    Ah Well, it was very kind of you not to get furious at certain people for those last-minute spontaneous changes (especially if they prevented you from seeing concerts you'd been excited for...)

Ah, I forgot about “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” being a hit in the US as well. Good to know the US didn’t sleep on this one at least, as it’s definitely one of her big-gest signature hits ever. It’s weird how she never really break through in the US though as she did it in the UK, all over Europe and obviously in Australia/NZ. Sometimes I feel like foreign artists have it very hard to make it through in the US…
    **Nod** It's definitely a problem that pushed me toward sites like UKMIX (and following charts from other countries) to discover all the great acts who don't get much/any attention in the US. There's always been exceptions who managed to become huge here (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Adele, etc.), but I feel like the struggle for foreign acts has gotten even worse in recent years: Rita Ora, Little Mix, Years & Years, Olly Murs, Jess Glynne, George Ezra, Cheryl (Cole), etc. Some of those might have US fanbases/followings to a degree, so their albums can sometimes still earn high debuts, but only 1-2 hit singles (if that) compared to their strings of big hits overseas.

I’m sorry, but that’s not allowed. But there are some nice bodeeh pics here and there and sometimes some nice profiles lead to even nicer Instagram accounts
    Ah, so the REAL reason you're on there is just to promote your Insta, eh?

…so it must be nice to know that “Paparazzi” is the most successful single for the original “The Fame” era followed by “Just Dance”, “LoveGame” being third and “Poker Face” last
    That is VERY nice to know!

Yep, it’s actually the best-reviewed video game movie on Rotten Toma-toes, so that’s a real triumph and I’m so glad it’s getting some love from the critics. It’s also a box office success which is very cool! So as a big Pokémon fan you enjoyed it, but what were your thoughts about it overall? Because I loved the animation of the Pokémon, they all looked pretty awesome. But I wasn’t too keen on the storyline.
    **Nod** I've seen a lot of responses like that, and I pretty much agree. It was a perfectly "fine" movie: not terribly boring, but not terribly interesting/innovative either (as far as mysteries go). The chance to see all these CGI Pokémon in a more "real-world" setting was a MAJOR part of the appeal, but I wish it featured a greater variety of Pokémon overall, and the Pokémon themselves actually doing more than just standing next to people. I get that the movie didn't want to focus on battling much, but it would've been nice to see Pokémon using their powers for other random tasks (like Ditto and Psyduck did). Detective Pikachu himself didn't even interview that many Pokémon (aside from the fantastic Mr. Mime scene), which is a HUGE part of the game.

Good question! I guess he’d be Ed while I’d be Bieber
    Is that a top/bottom reference, or just that you've got the better body...?

Ok, that’s a good point and that change atop the charts with all of these songs (and artists) would have been way cooler than Lil Nas X spending even more weeks atop the chart. I wonder if he’ll break the all time record when it comes to weeks at number one, “Old Town Road” is so unstoppable right now and has been such a huge hit out of nowhere!
    I'd prefer if it didn't break Mariah's (and "Despacito"s) record for weeks at No. 1 but it still has a ridiculous lead over the No. 2's lately, so we shall see...

But on my way home from work today I just realized that Halsey and Lana Del Rey may be two other cases with 'pop' girls that I love releasing songs that are underwhelming compared to their previous releases...
    Ouch, that list just keeps on growing.

• Sorry for missing last week, but there's uhLOT to love about this new chart! Awesome to see Miley earn yet another No. 1 (I'd forgotten that "Malibu" never made it to the top, thanks to Queen Lindsey). SMH @ you not even mentioning "The Most" to Akini, though.
    • Speaking of Akini, don't let him dampen your enthusiasm for "Never Really Over," because it's absolutely popgasmic! Probably my favorite single of hers since..."Birthday"? (Which I know a lot of people don't like, but I adore it). <3
    • I'm relieved that "I Don't Care" managed to enter (and even climb in its second week) "Cross Me" is making some nice gains too! UKMIX seems very unimpressed, but I'm really enjoying this era of Ed's so far.
    • Any chance we'll see "Find U Again," though?

Yet another chart that feels like family, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 11:41

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    NoOo pressure, but I'd love to know what you think of Undertale (if you get a chance to check it out). There were definitely some aspects that frustrated me as someone who basically only knows Pokémon games (like not being able to save whenever I wanted, and the ways to win battles didn't always feel intuitive). The characters are all VERY charming and memorable, though! The story also gets quite interesting toward the end (especially if you do the "pacifist route" - which means you can't kill any enemies, and playing through the game that way changes the final boss fights drastically).
    Sure. It's still on my list of possible things to buy and thanks for your little review. But a week ago I saw the Mario Party game in store for a good price so I bought it (I loved the first few editions of Mario Party with the Nintendo 64 ) so that's the game I play right now. It's no Undertale and no Pokémon but at least something that got me back into gaming mood Speaking of Pokémon, I really do have the desire to play a Pokémon game but not Let's Go or another already existing one, so I'm really looking forward to Sword / Shield at the moment. What do you think of the new informations we got last week?

No prob! It's fun to reminisce and talk about those years. I think a lot of people I know received some kind of scholarship or academic-based financial aid (due to their good grades in high school) that reduced the overall cost, but I don't think any got a "full ride"/completely-free experience. The rising cost of college is a big issue in the US now, and some people find themselves in debt for many years after graduating (if they had to take out loans to pay for college).

The idea is that you'll have an easier time landing a decent full-time job after earning a college degree, but there's still exceptions (especially if the economy isn't great when you graduate). Students often do unpaid "internships" of some kind during their college years (especially over summer break) to get more real-world/hands-on experience and increase their chances of being hired somewhere full-time after graduation. It sounds like you did an apprenticeship, so what'd you think of that?
    Yeah, I heard about that stuff a lot lately as my partner is slightly obsessed with US politics lately and keeps watching YouTube videos about it. I have to admit I always thought that only a few college – like the good ones – cost something and others are ‘for free’ or paid by the government. What about school prior college? You don’t have to pay for that one in the US, do you?

Ah, thanks for explaining. So you must go to college or are there other opportunities after school? I guess it’s either a college or an internship?
    Yes, I did and it was good. The thing with an apprenticeship is that you already have to decide what you want to work in the future when you’re 14, because that’s the time when you start searching for an apprenticeship and it usually starts when you’re 15/16 and takes 3-4 years. Thankfully I already knew early that I want to work with numbers/finance stuff so I decided to do a so called ‘Kaufmännische Lehre’. That’s the most popular apprenticeship over here and prepares you for many jobs that work in an office, like secretary, accountant, but also language stuff… I guess both – going to a college and an apprenticeship – have their pros and cons. College sounds more fun and like a better transition from school to ‘adult life’ than apprenticeship, as in that one you’re usually going to school for only two days a week and the others are in a company basically as a normal worker (though you’re labelled as apprentice during that time).

You've got a woke mom.

**Hug** She mentioned that she hoped I'd find someone to love and spend my life with. I'm sure she would've been kind to Ian if they could've met.
    I have to tell her that at one point

I'm sure she would have! So the thing she was hoping for came true

Ah Well, it was very kind of you not to get furious at certain people for those last-minute spontaneous changes (especially if they prevented you from seeing concerts you'd been excited for...)
    Honestly, I was low-key furious… but that’s life.

**Nod** It's definitely a problem that pushed me toward sites like UKMIX (and following charts from other countries) to discover all the great acts who don't get much/any attention in the US. There's always been exceptions who managed to become huge here (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Adele, etc.), but I feel like the struggle for foreign acts has gotten even worse in recent years: Rita Ora, Little Mix, Years & Years, Olly Murs, Jess Glynne, George Ezra, Cheryl (Cole), etc. Some of those might have US fanbases/followings to a degree, so their albums can sometimes still earn high debuts, but only 1-2 hit singles (if that) compared to their strings of big hits overseas.
    Yeah. I remember we were already talking about something similar when it came to Rita Ora a few months ago. From that point of view, American artists probably have it the easiest to break through on a worldwide scale and I wonder why it is that way. Probably because decades ago it was clear that if someone breaks through in a huge territory like the US, then it HAS to be good so people from other countries pick it up as well and somehow it remained that way?

Ah, so the REAL reason you're on there is just to promote your Insta, eh?
    Nope, that's not my intention behind me being there.

**Nod** I've seen a lot of responses like that, and I pretty much agree. It was a perfectly "fine" movie: not terribly boring, but not terribly interesting/innovative either (as far as mysteries go). The chance to see all these CGI Pokémon in a more "real-world" setting was a MAJOR part of the appeal, but I wish it featured a greater variety of Pokémon overall, and the Pokémon themselves actually doing more than just standing next to people. I get that the movie didn't want to focus on battling much, but it would've been nice to see Pokémon using their powers for other random tasks (like Ditto and Psyduck did). Detective Pikachu himself didn't even interview that many Pokémon (aside from the fantastic Mr. Mime scene), which is a HUGE part of the game.
    Good points. It feels like this movie was made for non-Pokémon fans instead of the opposite, because everyone thinks the talking Pikachu is cute and stuff like that. My partner enjoyed the movie more than I did and he never cared about Pokémon at all. Agreed about the Mr. Mime scene btw!

Instead of a second Detective Pikachu movie I’d love to get something with a similar plot to the Anime series but with the same real life concept as Detective Pikachu. That would be awesome, but I’m not sure if there’s a market for this?

Is that a top/bottom reference, or just that you've got the better body...?
    No, I really didn't think about that, haha. I just thought Justin has a younger voice and also is younger (though not that much) so I thought it makes more sense if I'd sing his parts as I'm the younger from us two.

I'd prefer if it didn't break Mariah's (and "Despacito"s) record for weeks at No. 1 but it still has a ridiculous lead over the No. 2's lately, so we shall see...
    Yeah, there's still a real competition missing so far and I don't know what song could surpass "Old Town Road" soon. But there are still some weeks to go, right? iirc it just got its tenth week at #1 and Mariah's record is like 16 weeks, right?

Ouch, that list just keeps on growing.
    Maybe it's just the normal progress. Artists can't keep their a game for all the time and people always move on. I read somewhere that our taste in music is changing every few years or so, so it's really normal to move on and get into other artists more than always being into the same artists and having the same faves. Of course a few could stick with us but not all of them.

• Sorry for missing last week, but there's uhLOT to love about this new chart! Awesome to see Miley earn yet another No. 1 (I'd forgotten that "Malibu" never made it to the top, thanks to Queen Lindsey). SMH @ you not even mentioning "The Most" to Akini, though.
    • Speaking of Akini, don't let him dampen your enthusiasm for "Never Really Over," because it's absolutely popgasmic! Probably my favorite single of hers since..."Birthday"? (Which I know a lot of people don't like, but I adore it). <3
    • I'm relieved that "I Don't Care" managed to enter (and even climb in its second week) "Cross Me" is making some nice gains too! UKMIX seems very unimpressed, but I'm really enjoying this era of Ed's so far.
    • Any chance we'll see "Find U Again," though?

Yet another chart that feels like family, Marsike!
    Aww... no problem. You also say I don't have to apologize if I miss out a (few...) weeks so you definitely don't have to apologize either for missing out one week. Oh wow, did you look it up who blocked Miley or how come you know that? Even I had no idea who blocked her on top of my mind... but yes, Miley got her power back and I'm glad she's not one of the pop girls who disappoint me with their new stuff. Aw, I already saw that "The Most" seems to be one of your favorite ones from "She Is Coming", unfortunately it's currently my least fave. Still like it though and it’s about to move up one spot in my “She Is Coming” ranking…

Not sure if you saw my reply to him but after loving "Never Really Over" at first (hence the great debut), I got over it rather quickly lately so there's a rather big-ish drop to be expected this week Glad you're loving it so much but I still need to get into it more after the first week hype died off with me. "365" was definitely the better tune for me so far.

Yes, finally got into these two. My partner and I went to a short weekend trip last weekend and had to drive 5-6 hours a way, during that time I played "Cross Me" to him and he loved it right away so I had to repeat it several times, that's kinda how I got into it. Same with "I Don't Care"; as I told you my partner enjoys it a lot so I heard it every now and then as well plus his band wants to make a cover of it. With the whole album coming out soon I think both may stick with me for a little bit longer despite the lukewarm first impression I had with them.

Not yet. To be honest I wanted to check it out at first but knowing that the album is coming out very soon I decided to wait for the whole release now. Simply because it's been so incredibly busy lately that I kinda 'need' one or two less busy weeks to dive into current releases more.

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 06:59

My Charts - week 24/2019 – 13 june 2019 - back to normality

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (2) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
    Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2- / 8w

3 (5) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
    Chart Run: 13-5-*3*- / 3w

4 (11) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
    Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-6-8-11-*4*- / 7w

5 (24) Netta – Nana Banana
    Chart Run: 24-24-*5*- / 3w

6 (4) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    Chart Run: 11-7-*4*-6- / 4w

7 (7) Zena – Like It
    Chart Run: 16-12-*4*-7-7- / 5w

8 (6) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
    Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-6-8- / 5w

9 (13) Rammstein – Ausländer
    Chart Run: 13-*9*- / 2w

10 (8) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-15-*5*-8-10- / 9w

11 (3) Katy Perry – Never Really Over
    Chart Run: *3*-11- / 2w

12 (10) Tamta – Replay *G*
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10-12- / 12w

13 (20) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
    Chart Run: 22-20-*13*- / 3w

14 (9) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
    Chart Run: *3*-9-14- / 3w

15 (12) The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
    Chart Run: *12*-15- / 2w

16 (RE) Jonas Brothers – Sucker
    Chart Run: 16-*15*-20-26-Out-RE 16- / 5w

17 (14) Michela – Chameleon *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14-17- / 9w

18 (16) Mahmood – Soldi
    Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*-11-16-18- / 7w

19 (22) Within Temptation – Mad World *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22-21-22-19- / 9w

20 (15) Marina – Superstar
    Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9-14-15-20- / 7w

21 (19) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
    Chart Run: *17*-17-19-21- / 4w

22 (18) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13-15-18-22- / 8w

23 (17) Halsey – Nightmare
    Chart Run: 14-*10*-17-23- / 4w

24 (21) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
    Chart Run: 20-*18*-21-24- / 4w

25 (NEW) Sofi Tukker & Bomba Estéreo – Playa Grande
    Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
    Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (34) Astrid S – The First One
    Chart Run: 34-*27*- / 2w

28 (26) Bilal Hassani – Roi
    Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*-10-19-26-28- / 7w

29 (NEW) Loïc Nottet – 29
    Chart Run: *29*- / 1w

30 (23) Miki – La venda
    Chart Run: *18*-20-23-30- / 4w

31 (28) Ally Brooke feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Lips Don’t Lie
    Chart Run: *25*-28-31- / 3w

32 (31) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
    Chart Run: 39-*31*-32- / 3w

33 (27) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
    Chart Run: *1*-3-8-21-26-27-33- / 7w

34 (25) Chingiz – Truth
    Chart Run: *7*-12-25-34- / 4w

35 (RE) Kerli – Legends *G*
    Chart Run: 2-4-*1*-3-8-14-20-24-35-Out-RE 35- / 10w

36 (39) Kygo & Chelsea Cutler – Not Ok
    Chart Run: 39-*36*- / 2w

37 (NEW) Rammstein – Radio
    Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (RE) Within Temptation – Supernova *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-10-13-21-24-28-36-Out-RE 38- / 12w

39 (RE) Aurora – Animal
    Chart Run: *26*-37-Out-RE 39- / 3w

40 (33) Cellar Darling – Freeze
    Chart Run: *2*-6-9-14-29-30-33-40- / 8w

Out of Top40
    Out (29) Cardi B – Press (1w)
    Out (30) Luca Hänni – She Got Me (7w)
    Out (32) Carousel – That Night (3w)
    Out (35) Jonida Maliqi – Ktheju tokës (3w)
    Out (36) RuPaul feat. Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen (8w)
    Out (37) Rammstein – Deutschland (6w)
    Out (38) Nevena Bozovic – Kruna (3w)
    Out (40) Blackpink – Kill This Love (9w)

New certifications
    “Mad World” by Within Temptation goes GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 07:00

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (3) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2- / 6w

3 (2) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3- / 8w

4 (NEW) Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (4) Rammstein – Rammstein
    Chart Run: 5-5-*4*-5- / 4w

6 (NEW) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 2
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (14) Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7- / 16w

8 (13) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8- / 17w

9 (11) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
    Chart Run: 12-*6*-8-11-9- / 5w

10 (NEW) Avicii – Tim

11 (6) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
    Chart Run: *3*-4-6-11- / 4w

12 (7) Marina – Love + Fear *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-7-12- / 7w

13 (15) Eluveitie – Ategnatos *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14-15-13- / 10w

14 (9) Ciara – Beauty Marks
    Chart Run: *3*-7-7-9-14- / 5w

15 (8) Todrick Hall – Haus Party 1
    Chart Run: *3*-8-15- / 3w

16 (10) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10-16- / 10w

17 (12) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
    Chart Run: *5*-8-11-12-17- / 5w

18 (5) Inna – Yo
    Chart Run: *5*-18- / 2w

19 (16) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16-19- / 11w

20 (18) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
    Chart Run: *2*-4-8-11-10-18-20- / 7w

Out of Top20
    Out (17) James Bay – Oh My Messy Mind EP (4w)
    Out (19) Various Artists – For The Throne (6w)
    Out (20) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters (7w)

New certifications
    “Symptoms” by Ashley Tisdale goes GOLD (100+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 07:01

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (2) Miley Cyrus – Unholy
    Chart Run: 2-*1*- / 2w

2 (5) Miley Cyrus, Swae Lee & Mike Will Made It – Party Up The Street
    Chart Run: 5-*2*- / 2w

3 (1) Miley Cyrus feat. RuPaul – Cattitude
    Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (4) Rammstein – Puppe
    Chart Run: *4*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – 1 Sun
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Do My Thang
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Ashley Tisdale – Feeling So Good
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – The Most
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (RE) Kerli – One
    Chart Run: 5-*2*-2-3-6-5-8-9-Out-RE 9- / 9w

10 (7) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10- / 6w

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 19:50

Sure. It's still on my list of possible things to buy and thanks for your little review. But a week ago I saw the Mario Party game in store for a good price so I bought it (I loved the first few editions of Mario Party with the Nintendo 64 ) so that's the game I play right now. It's no Undertale and no Pokémon but at least something that got me back into gaming mood Speaking of Pokémon, I really do have the desire to play a Pokémon game but not Let's Go or another already existing one, so I'm really looking forward to Sword / Shield at the moment. What do you think of the new informations we got last week?
    I haven't played a Mario Party game in ages, but I remember having a lot of fun with them back in the day! Have you been playing with your partner, or are there ways to play solo? I recall you mentioning a competitive side of yourself when it came to Pokkén , so hopefully Mario Party hasn't caused any strife with your partner.

What a week it's been for Pokémon! I was excited by some of the stuff they showed at E3 (especially Yamper) <3 but the news about the National Dex has really overshadowed everything else about SwSh. That announcement was so unexpected and so disappointing I don't want to abandon a franchise I love this much because of one (terrible) creative decision, but I hope fans can find ways to convince them to re-think this new policy/approach of completely excluding old Pokémon, without having to boycott the games.

Yeah, I heard about that stuff a lot lately as my partner is slightly obsessed with US politics lately and keeps watching YouTube videos about it. I have to admit I always thought that only a few college – like the good ones – cost something and others are ‘for free’ or paid by the government. What about school prior college? You don’t have to pay for that one in the US, do you?

Ah, thanks for explaining. So you must go to college or are there other opportunities after school? I guess it’s either a college or an internship? Yes, I did and it was good. The thing with an apprenticeship is that you already have to decide what you want to work in the future when you’re 14, because that’s the time when you start searching for an apprenticeship and it usually starts when you’re 15/16 and takes 3-4 years. Thankfully I already knew early that I want to work with num-bers/finance stuff so I decided to do a so called ‘Kaufmännische Lehre’. That’s the most popular ap-prenticeship over here and prepares you for many jobs that work in an office, like secretary, account-ant, but also language stuff… I guess both – going to a college and an apprenticeship – have their pros and cons. College sounds more fun and like a better transition from school to ‘adult life’ than apprenticeship, as in that one you’re usually going to school for only two days a week and the others are in a company basically as a normal worker (though you’re labelled as apprentice during that time).
    Is that because your partner wants to move to the US someday? It's possible to attend expensive private schools for your entire education (if you can afford that), but I don't think that's very common (at least not where I grew up/not in my social circle). My friends all attended free public schools until college.

Nah - there's often a big push/pressure to attend college (and I think having a college degree still opens more career opportunities for you), but a lot of people across the US never go. Some just start working full-time as soon as they graduate high school (age 17-18), especially if they're interested in a career that doesn't require a degree (like more physical-skill-based work, such as car repair), or they join their pre-existing family business. Woah, 14 does seem young to make decisions like that and start working (even part-time), but it sounds like that apprenticeship system ultimately worked out for the best for you.

Honestly, I was low-key furious… but that’s life.
    You're a saint for managing to keep that low-key.

Yeah. I remember we were already talking about something similar when it came to Rita Ora a few months ago. From that point of view, American artists probably have it the easiest to break through on a worldwide scale and I wonder why it is that way. Probably be-cause decades ago it was clear that if someone breaks through in a huge territory like the US, then it HAS to be good so people from other countries pick it up as well and somehow it remained that way?
    Yeah, there's definitely an argument to be made that the US has too much global influence when it comes to entertainment in general (not just singers, but Hollywood/actors/TV shows too). American-made entertainment often gets a huge worldwide push, but "foreign films" and non-English-music are treated as niche markets here in the US.

Good points. It feels like this movie was made for non-Pokémon fans instead of the opposite, because everyone thinks the talking Pikachu is cute and stuff like that. My partner enjoyed the movie more than I did and he never cared about Pokémon at all. Agreed about the Mr. Mime scene btw!

Instead of a second Detective Pikachu movie I’d love to get something with a similar plot to the Anime series but with the same real life concept as Detective Pikachu. That would be awesome, but I’m not sure if there’s a market for this?
    **Nod** That's a great point, and I think Detective Pikachu was deliberately made with that in mind: to help introduce people to and sell them on the Pokémon universe, while still including fun "Easter eggs" for the diehard fans. That's probably at least partially why Detective Pikachu mostly avoided complex battle stuff (like type matchups, abilities, status effects), so that most audiences wouldn't feel overwhelmed (or just bored) by all this new terminology.

A live-action movie adaptation of the anime would be tricky, since it'd be tough to please diehard fans ("Ash doesn't look like that! Brock doesn't sound like that! That's not exactly how it happened on the show!!!"), while your average movie-goer might not care enough to go see something like that. I like the idea of more movies with fresh stories that are set in the Pokémon universe, though (maybe something about Pokémon Rangers...)

No, I really didn't think about that, haha. I just thought Justin has a younger voice and also is younger (though not that much) so I thought it makes more sense if I'd sing his parts as I'm the younger from us two.
    Gotta remind your partner that he's the old man in the relationship, eh?

Yeah, there's still a real competition missing so far and I don't know what song could surpass "Old Town Road" soon. But there are still some weeks to go, right? iirc it just got its tenth week at #1 and Mariah's record is like 16 weeks, right?
    Assuming it's announced as still being No. 1 today, "Old Town Road" will have 11 weeks on top and the record is 16. Idk how likely this is, but I'd love if the "You Need To Calm Down" video was massive enough to knock OTR down next week...

Maybe it's just the normal progress. Artists can't keep their a game for all the time and people always move on. I read somewhere that our taste in music is changing every few years or so, so it's really normal to move on and get into other artists more than always being into the same artists and having the same faves. Of course a few could stick with us but not all of them.
    Ah, that's a really thoughtful, introspective way of looking at it: recognizing how much of the change is actually us/our tastes VS the artists.

Aww... no problem. You also say I don't have to apologize if I miss out a (few...) weeks so you definitely don't have to apologize either for missing out one week. Oh wow, did you look it up who blocked Miley or how come you know that? Even I had no idea who blocked her on top of my mind... but yes, Miley got her power back and I'm glad she's not one of the pop girls who disappoint me with their new stuff. Aw, I already saw that "The Most" seems to be one of your favorite ones from "She Is Coming", unfortunately it's currently my least fave. Still like it though and it’s about to move up one spot in my “She Is Coming” ranking…
    I wish my memory was that good, but I had to look it up Hopefully "The Most" can at least move above "Party Up The Street."

Yes, finally got into these two. My partner and I went to a short weekend trip last weekend and had to drive 5-6 hours a way, during that time I played "Cross Me" to him and he loved it right away so I had to repeat it several times, that's kinda how I got into it. Same with "I Don't Care"; as I told you my partner enjoys it a lot so I heard it every now and then as well plus his band wants to make a cover of it. With the whole album coming out soon I think both may stick with me for a little bit longer despite the lukewarm first impression I had with them.
    Bless him for saving this era for you How'd that trip go?

Not yet. To be honest I wanted to check it out at first but knowing that the album is coming out very soon I decided to wait for the whole release now. Simply because it's been so incredibly busy lately that I kinda 'need' one or two less busy weeks to dive into current re-leases more.
    Ah, that makes sense, and is a good way to avoid being overloaded with too much new music at once. Hopefully that means "Find U Again" will have a better chance of standing out/debuting high too.

• So Miley also had two consecutive multi-week-No. 1's back in 2013? I imagine one of those was "Wrecking Ball," but I didn't think you were THAT into "We Can't Stop" or "Adore You," so I'm not sure of the other one...
    • Ouch, straight out of the Top 10 for Katy.
    • But at least "Cross Me" is on the verge of entering that region! **Fingers crossed**
    • Nice to see "If I Can't Have You" debut! I thought it might've missed its chance and been forgotten by the time Eurovision hype faded.
    • Looks like "D.R.E.A.M." is the She Is Coming track that "The Most" managed to move above. I'm actually pretty into "D.R.E.A.M." too but at least "The Most" isn't dead-last from that EP anymore!

Yet another motherf**king awesome chart, Tancel!

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 07:08

I haven't played a Mario Party game in ages, but I remember having a lot of fun with them back in the day! Have you been playing with your partner, or are there ways to play solo? I recall you mentioning a competitive side of yourself when it came to Pokkén , so hopefully Mario Party hasn't caused any strife with your partner.

What a week it's been for Pokémon! I was excited by some of the stuff they showed at E3 (especially Yamper) <3 but the news about the National Dex has really overshadowed everything else about SwSh. That announcement was so unexpected and so disappointing I don't want to abandon a franchise I love this much because of one (terrible) creative decision, but I hope fans can find ways to convince them to re-think this new policy/approach of completely excluding old Pokémon, without having to boycott the games.
    Do you remember which one you played back in the day and on which console? Was it one of the first ones on the Nintendo 64?
    I've been playing solo and with my partner, though he's not a big fan of it yet. There are ways to play it solo and I'm loving it that much that I don't mind playing it solo. Haha, well, half of the times we played together he was better than me and the other half I was better than him, so it's all good between us

Oh, is SwSh the 'official' shortcut for Sword/Shield? I like that! Anyways, yes, it should have been a great week for Pokémon but some of the news weren't that pleasing and unfortunately that stuff kinda weighted more than the positive stuff (at least for me and I felt like it's similar with many other people). After a while I made peace with that though. As long as the game is great (and in that case it has to be really, really good) I'm fine with it and they can get the National Dex back with the next game. I also assume we may get Sword/Shield 2 a year or two later and maybe they will add the National Dex onto these games, with SwSh having the task to introduce die hard fans to a new Pokémon World (=open world, new evolution, new Pokémon, back to Gyms...) and also tries to attract new Pokémon Fans without too many possible Pokémon to catch. If they will do it right, it may be a win-win situation after all.

Is that because your partner wants to move to the US someday? It's possible to attend expensive private schools for your entire education (if you can afford that), but I don't think that's very common (at least not where I grew up/not in my social circle). My friends all attended free public schools until college.

Nah - there's often a big push/pressure to attend college (and I think having a college degree still opens more career opportunities for you), but a lot of people across the US never go. Some just start working full-time as soon as they graduate high school (age 17-18), especially if they're interested in a career that doesn't require a degree (like more physical-skill-based work, such as car repair), or they join their pre-existing family business. Woah, 14 does seem young to make decisions like that and start working (even part-time), but it sounds like that apprenticeship system ultimately worked out for the best for you.
    No, I don't even know why he's so obsessed with Trump & US politics lately. We were watching a 90 minutes documentary on YouTube about US politics just yesterday... but I have to admit some of these things are really interesting - and worrying.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. The 'big pressure to attend college' sounds exactly the same like it is over here but with an apprenticeship. I really like the US education system on paper, though I obviously only can judge it from what I heard and read. Yes, that's really young to make decisions like this but yeah, it worked out for me. Interestingly, there has been a change in the last few years as more young people decide to go to university after their apprenticeship instead of working full-time.

You're a saint for managing to keep that low-key.

Yeah, there's definitely an argument to be made that the US has too much global influence when it comes to entertainment in general (not just singers, but Hollywood/actors/TV shows too). American-made entertainment often gets a huge worldwide push, but "foreign films" and non-English-music are treated as niche markets here in the US.
    True. But it's often that way; the bigger the country is, the bigger its influence. There are some Swiss TV stations with own shows for example, but most people still watch German TV stations with German shows. Same with the music (=German artists being successful in Austria/Switzerland as well, but Swiss artists barely making it in Austria/Germany, same with Austrian artists). Or Australia/New Zealand with more Australian artists making it big in NZ as well but less NZ artists making it in Australia.

**Nod** That's a great point, and I think Detective Pikachu was deliberately made with that in mind: to help introduce people to and sell them on the Pokémon universe, while still including fun "Easter eggs" for the diehard fans. That's probably at least partially why Detective Pikachu mostly avoided complex battle stuff (like type matchups, abilities, status effects), so that most audiences wouldn't feel overwhelmed (or just bored) by all this new terminology.

A live-action movie adaptation of the anime would be tricky, since it'd be tough to please diehard fans ("Ash doesn't look like that! Brock doesn't sound like that! That's not exactly how it happened on the show!!!"), while your average movie-goer might not care enough to go see something like that. I like the idea of more movies with fresh stories that are set in the Pokémon universe, though (maybe something about Pokémon Rangers...)
    True. I didn't even realize there are basically no typical things from a Pokémon fight in the movie except a very few moves. But honestly, we shouldn't forget it's 'Detective Pikachu' so it's about clearing a case and not becoming the best Pokémon trainer. Speaking of it, have you played the Detective Pikachu game?

Damn, I forgot about that and you're absolutely right... there's no way they could please all the fans with a movie like that I hate how fans can be in that aspect. Pokémon Rangers sounds interesting, or a movie similar to Pokkén may work as well, but we already low-key got that with the Charizard scene...

Gotta remind your partner that he's the old man in the relationship, eh?
    Hehe... well, to be fair, I never think about our age difference if it wouldn't be for him always reminding me of it...

Assuming it's announced as still being No. 1 today, "Old Town Road" will have 11 weeks on top and the record is 16. Idk how likely this is, but I'd love if the "You Need To Calm Down" video was massive enough to knock OTR down next week...
    Fingers crossed as Taylor is having a nice lead over "Old Town Road" on iTunes and is above the song on Spotify as well. The song is also definitely better than "ME!" was... what do you think?

Ah, that's a really thoughtful, introspective way of looking at it: recognizing how much of the change is actually us/our tastes VS the artists.
    Yeah. And I think that's really the case with some artists/releases - especially Carly Rae Jepsen. Last and this week I tried to spend a little bit more attention to "Dedicated" and 'really' listen to it - trying to dive into lyrics, the music... and it still didn't work as much as I thought it would. I still enjoy it but it took me a while to be able to name my faves from the album while I was able to name "LA Hallucinations" as a huge favorite of mine of "Emotion" after the very first play for example. But what I heard was that the music on "Dedicated" isn't even that different to "Emotion" - so it kinda has to be my own taste that makes the difference?

I wish my memory was that good, but I had to look it up Hopefully "The Most" can at least move above "Party Up The Street."
    Well, who knows, maybe you still remembered that due to some special occasion... Ah, I already answered that below (weirdly enough, I often start replying to the part you write down for the current chart )

Bless him for saving this era for you How'd that trip go?

Thanks for asking! The trip was very nice... but also very... eh... let's say green

Ah, that makes sense, and is a good way to avoid being overloaded with too much new music at once. Hopefully that means "Find U Again" will have a better chance of standing out/debuting high too.
    Didn't even think about that yet, but yes, the album release boost could give "Find U Again" an even better debut (if I also like it of course - but I have to admit I'm slightly getting thirsty for new Camila).

• So Miley also had two consecutive multi-week-No. 1's back in 2013? I imagine one of those was "Wrecking Ball," but I didn't think you were THAT into "We Can't Stop" or "Adore You," so I'm not sure of the other one...
    • Ouch, straight out of the Top 10 for Katy.
    • But at least "Cross Me" is on the verge of entering that region! **Fingers crossed**
    • Nice to see "If I Can't Have You" debut! I thought it might've missed its chance and been forgotten by the time Eurovision hype faded.
    • Looks like "D.R.E.A.M." is the She Is Coming track that "The Most" managed to move above. I'm actually pretty into "D.R.E.A.M." too but at least "The Most" isn't dead-last from that EP anymore!

Yet another motherf**king awesome chart, Tancel!
    Oh, actually both - "We Can't Stop" and "Adore You" - reached the top spot. But the part '...first time in six years the singer has two consecutive top hits with multiple weeks at number one' wasn't well written from me as the last time she had two consecutive #1s with multiple weeks at #1 was with "Who Owns My Heart" (2010, three weeks) -> "Fall Down" (by will.i.am, 2013, two weeks). "We Can't Stop" and "Adore You" both spent just one week at #1.

I know But don't worry, it's not really over yet...

Not sure about that. As for now, I think #13 may be the peak of "Cross Me" - at least until the album drops. Still a shame this doesn't seem to get picked up by the GP.

Shawn's song was one of the tracks that benefitted a lot from the quiet week and the fact I checked out less music than in previous weeks. I'm glad I gave "If I Can't Have You" another chance as it's definitely a good pop song.

Yep. "D.R.E.A.M." is my least favorite from "She Is Coming" now, but I still enjoy it. "The Most" is second last right now but I'm enjoying it more and more. I don't see it surpassing my personal holy trinity that is "Mother's Daughter"/"Unholy"/"Party Up The Street" that are my clear faves right now - but I'm slowly moving away from "Cattitude".

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 08:56

My Charts - week 25/2019 – 20 june 2019 - Miley is still On A Roll

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Ashley O (Miley Cyrus) – On A Roll
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky *G*
    Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2-3- / 9w

4 (4) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
    Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE 29-6-8-11-*4*-4- / 8w

5 (NEW) Taylor Swift – You Need To Calm Down

6 (3) Todrick Hall – Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels
    Chart Run: 13-5-*3*-6- / 4w

7 (NEW) BTS & Zara Larsson – A Brand New Day
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (7) Zena – Like It
    Chart Run: 16-12-*4*-7-7-8- / 6w

9 (12) Tamta – Replay *G*
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10-12-9- / 13w

10 (11) Katy Perry – Never Really Over
    Chart Run: *3*-11-10- / 3w

11 (8) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
    Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-6-8-11- / 6w

12 (NEW) Inna – Te Vas
    Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (15) The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
    Chart Run: *12*-15-13- / 3w

14 (10) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    Chart Run: 24-26-31-31-24-15-*5*-8-10-14- / 10w

15 (6) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    Chart Run: 11-7-*4*-6-15- / 5w

16 (5) Netta – Nana Banana
    Chart Run: 24-24-*5*-16- / 4w

17 (9) Rammstein – Ausländer
    Chart Run: 13-*9*-17- / 3w

18 (13) Ed Sheeran feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock – Cross Me
    Chart Run: 22-20-*13*-18- / 4w

19 (21) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
    Chart Run: *17*-17-19-21-19- / 5w

20 (17) Michela – Chameleon *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14-17-20- / 10w

21 (18) Mahmood – Soldi
    Chart Run: 34-40-35-*8*-11-16-18-21- / 8w

22 (16) Jonas Brothers – Sucker
    Chart Run: 16-*15*-20-26-Out-RE 16-22- / 6w

23 (26) Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
    Chart Run: 26-*23*- / 2w

24 (14) RuPaul feat. A'Keria C. Davenport, Brooke Lynn Hytes, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Vanessa Vanjie Mateo & Yvie Oddly – Queens Everywhere
    Chart Run: *3*-9-14-24- / 4w

25 (22) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On *G*
    Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*-13-15-18-22-25- / 9w

26 (NEW) Banks feat. Francis And The Lights – Look What You’re Doing To Me
    Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (19) Within Temptation – Mad World *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11-22-21-22-19-27- / 10w

28 (24) OneRepublic – Rescue Me
    Chart Run: 20-*18*-21-24-28- / 5w

29 (20) Marina – Superstar
    Chart Run: 2-2-*1*-9-14-15-20-29- / 8w

30 (23) Halsey – Nightmare
    Chart Run: 14-*10*-17-23-30- / 5w

31 (28) Bilal Hassani – Roi
    Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*-10-19-26-28-31- / 8w

32 (NEW) Little Mix – Bounce Back
    Chart Run: *32*- / 1w

33 (30) Miki – La venda
    Chart Run: *18*-20-23-30-33- / 5w

34 (25) Sofi Tukker & Bomba Estéreo – Playa Grande
    Chart Run: *25*-34- / 2w

35 (38) Within Temptation – Supernova *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-10-13-21-24-28-36-Out-RE 38-35- / 13w

36 (27) Astrid S – The First One
    Chart Run: 34-*27*-36- / 3w

37 (RE) Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-2-4-7-9-12-14-21-27-24-20-17-22-29-34-35-32-Out-RE 37- / 22w

38 (35) Kerli – Legends *G*
    Chart Run: 2-4-*1*-3-8-14-20-24-35-Out-RE 35-38- / 11w

39 (33) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
    Chart Run: *1*-3-8-21-26-27-33-39- / 8w

40 (32) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don't Care
    Chart Run: 39-*31*-32-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
    Out (29) Loïc Nottet – 29 (1w)
    Out (31) Ally Brooke feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Lips Don’t Lie (3w)
    Out (34) Chingiz – Truth (4w)
    Out (36) Kygo & Chelsea Cutler – Not Ok (2w)
    Out (37) Rammstein – Radio (1w)
    Out (39) Aurora – Animal (3w)
    Out (40) Cellar Darling – Freeze (8w)

New certifications
    “Spirit In The Sky” by Keiino and “Carry On” by Kygo & Rita Ora go GOLD (250+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 08:57

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (2) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2- / 7w

3 (3) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3-3- / 9w

4 (NEW) Madonna – Madame X
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Eleni Foureira – Gypsy Woman EP

6 (4) Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins
    Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (8) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8-7- / 18w

8 (7) Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7-8- / 17w

9 (5) Rammstein – Rammstein
    Chart Run: 5-5-*4*-5-9- / 5w

10 (NEW) Bastille – Doom Days

11 (9) Aurora – Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 2
    Chart Run: *6*-11- / 2w

12 (9) Bilal Hassani – Kingdom
    Chart Run: 12-*6*-8-11-9-12- / 6w

13 (13) Eluveitie – Ategnatos *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10-13-15-14-15-13-13- / 11w

14 (10) Avicii – Tim
    Chart Run: *10*-14- / 2w

15 (12) Marina – Love + Fear *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-7-12-15- / 8w

16 (11) Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
    Chart Run: *3*-4-6-11-16- / 5w

17 (RE) Selena Gomez – Revival *2xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14-8-4-5-5-6-8-11-14-20-Out-RE 19-13-11-9-11-10-7-3-3-6-10-17-Out-RE 19-16-15-20-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 15-8-7-12-Out-RE 17- / 46w

18 (17) Aly & AJ – Sanctuary EP
    Chart Run: *5*-8-11-12-17-18- / 6w

19 (14) Ciara – Beauty Marks
    Chart Run: *3*-7-7-9-14-19- / 6w

20 (16) Lena – Only Love, L *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10-16-20- / 11w

Out of Top20
    Out (15) Todrick Hall – Haus Party 1 (3w)
    Out (18) Inna – Yo (2w)
    Out (19) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G* (11w)
    Out (20) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human (7w)

New certifications
    none

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 08:57

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Miley Cyrus – Unholy
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1- / 3w

2 (2) Miley Cyrus, Swae Lee & Mike Will Made It – Party Up The Street
    Chart Run: 5-*2*-2- / 3w

3 (NEW) Ashley O (Miley Cyrus) – Right Where It Belongs
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (9) Kerli – One
    Chart Run: 5-*2*-2-3-6-5-8-9-Out-RE 9-4- / 10w

5 (3) Miley Cyrus feat. RuPaul – Cattitude
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5- / 3w

6 (8) Miley Cyrus – The Most
    Chart Run: 8-*6*- / 2w

7 (7) Ashley Tisdale – Feeling So Good
    Chart Run: *7*-7- / 2w

8 (NEW) Flume feat. London Grammar – Let You Know
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (10) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-9- / 7w

10 (NEW) BTS & Charli XCX – Dream Glow

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 08:58

My Charts - week 25/2019 – 20 june 2019 - Mid-Year Report

Unbelievable but true: Half of 2019 is already over with this weeks chart as the chart year of My Charts always starts with the final week of a calendar year, so in the current case there were already 26 weekly charts for the chart year 2019.

There were a massive 269 different songs on the Singles Top40 and 110 different albums on the Album Top20 in 2019 so far – for comparisons, 2018 had a total of 464 songs and 205 albums on the charts, both being new records and both being likely to be broken again this year.

There’s currently one release from 2018 in the Top10 of the Singles Year-To-Date Charts while there are four releases from 2018 in the Top10 of the Album Year-To-Date Charts so far, the rest are all releases from this year. 2018 had two older releases in the Top10 of the Album Year-End Charts while the highest old release on the Singles Year-End Charts was at #19, so this year has been quite similar in that aspect.

What’s interesting on both lists is that there’s no single or album that really stands out so far. In all previous years there has been a release from the first half of the year – most of the time even from the first quarter – that slayed the charts and ended up very high on the list. Since becoming a Singles Top40, there were only two songs as Year-End Charts #1s that didn’t reach 1,000 chart points with “Symphony” in 2017 (686 points) and “Feral Hearts” in 2016 (900 points) – the most successful single of 2019 has just 468 points so far. As for the albums, 2016 was the only year since becoming an Album Top20 where the Year-End Charts #1 didn’t reach double Platinum status (400+ points) and the most successful album of 2019 has 234 points so far.

Below are the current ten most successful singles and albums of the year 2019 so far. They are listed alphabetical by artist name and not by points; plus the shown chartruns are just their runs during this chart year, so for older releases the runs pre-2019 are not shown. ‘SC’ at the end of a chartrun means ‘still charting’, so the song or the album is still on the weekly chart.
    Singles Year-To-Date Charts

Spoiler!

Alan Walker & Sorana – Lost Control *G*
    Chart Run: 11-*4*-4-7-12-14-14-12-14-20-22-25-33-Out / 13w

Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-8-11-12-9-7-8-13-18-20-28-37-4-10-39-Out / 17w

Bebe Rexha – Last Hurrah *G*
    Chart Run: 6-8-11-10-6-*4*-7-10-14-22-33-Out / 11w

Ellie Goulding – Flux *G*
    Chart Run: 7-*1*-2-2-2-4-7-12-19-28-Out / 10w

Kerli – Better *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-2-5-10-3-2-2-4-7-12-17-26-35-Out / 14w

Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G*
    Chart Run: 3-3-6-*2*-3-5-10-15-18-33-35-Out / 11w

Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart *P*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-2-4-7-9-12-14-21-27-24-20-17-22-29-34-35-32-Out-RE 37-SC / 19w

Michela – Chameleon *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14-17-20-SC / 10w

Tamta – Replay *G*
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10-12-9-SC / 13w

Within Temptation – Supernova *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-6-10-13-21-24-28-36-Out-RE 38-35-SC / 13w
    Album Year-To-Date Charts

Spoiler!

Amy MacDonald – Woman Of The World *P*
    Chart Run: 10-7-3-*1*-1-2-4-7-7-12-15-20-Out / 12w

Ariana Grande – Sweetener *2xP*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-2-2-1-2-3-5-8-9-12-10-13-17-20-18-Out / 17w

Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-SC / 7w

Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9-10-12-12-16-19-Out / 11w

Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3-3-SC / 9w

Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7-8-SC / 17w

Lena – Only Love, L *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8-9-10-9-10-16-20-SC / 11w

My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo *3xP*
    Chart Run: 14-5-4-*3*-4-3-3-5-6-10-12-16-15-14-11-17-15-Out / 17w

Rita Ora – Phoenix *P*
    Chart Run: 8-*2*-2-4-6-6-9-11-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 5-11-19-Out / 14w

Within Temptation – Resist *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8-7-SC / 18w

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 09:57

Hannah Montana was more bubblegum tbh.

12 (NEW) Inna – Te Vas

Another day, another new single/video/song from Inna, this one is not bad at all.

Legend
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 12:13

Nice to see Miley's double reign! 2019 will clearly be her year again.
    "Ausländer" is my favoruite Rammstein single taken from their latest record. I'm glad it's part of your chart although it seems to be falling like crazy already
    "Arcade" is stable! That's great! However, a Top 3 placing/peak would be incredible but since there's basically sadly no hype, I don't think it's possible anymore :( - His concert in Cologne is officially sold-out (after it got a new location due to high demand), though.
    Nice new entry by Taylor! - She can be fake and annyoing somedays but I appreciate her effort and her last 3 eras made me dislike her less. She's slaying.
    Nice little rise for hottie Shawn.

"Only Love, L" being #20 right now is worrying.I don't want to see it gone next week

I love to see your mid-year album chart. I would like to see "Resist" winning the race in the end but there are still 6 months to go!
    Seeing "Replay" on your mid-year single chart is a bit random, I think, is that song your favourite entry of 2019 in the end?
    I like "Chameloen", "Don't Lie To Me" and "Supernova" as well but I think that this year needs more hits to convince me (in general).

Waiting for Selegend Godmez to slay with her upcoming record
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 19:01

Hannah Montana was more bubblegum tbh.
    So... you're not liking "On A Roll" that much?

12 (NEW) Inna – Te Vas

Another day, another new single/video/song from Inna, this one is not bad at all.
    Haha, true. It's really tough to keep up with her singles/videos lately But yes, this is not bad - actually the highlight of her new album for me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 19:12

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow View Post
    Nice to see Miley's double reign! 2019 will clearly be her year again.
    "Ausländer" is my favoruite Rammstein single taken from their latest record. I'm glad it's part of your chart although it seems to be falling like crazy already
    "Arcade" is stable! That's great! However, a Top 3 placing/peak would be incredible but since there's basically sadly no hype, I don't think it's possible anymore :( - His concert in Cologne is officially sold-out (after it got a new location due to high demand), though.
    Nice new entry by Taylor! - She can be fake and annyoing somedays but I appreciate her effort and her last 3 eras made me dislike her less. She's slaying.
    Nice little rise for hottie Shawn.

"Only Love, L" being #20 right now is worrying.I don't want to see it gone next week

I love to see your mid-year album chart. I would like to see "Resist" winning the race in the end but there are still 6 months to go!
    Seeing "Replay" on your mid-year single chart is a bit random, I think, is that song your favourite entry of 2019 in the end?
    I like "Chameloen", "Don't Lie To Me" and "Supernova" as well but I think that this year needs more hits to convince me (in general).

Waiting for Selegend Godmez to slay with her upcoming record
    Yay, thanks for coming by

Yes, 2019 is already a great year for Miley and I'm so excited to hear what she releases next!
    Oh, that's interesting - I thought you may have enjoyed "Deutschland" even more. Did you already enjoy Rammstein in the past? Because this is the first time I ever got into their stuff so much.
    "Arcade" got a real second life with me. Definitely a deserved winner this year but as you say, I also think #4 may end up its peak but he already did so well and he surely goes Gold (I don't see him falling down fast now) and that would be the first time the winner gets certified with Gold since 2015. Ah, did you get tickets for it?
    Glad you're enjoying the new Taylor single as well. However I'm slightly the opposite; I liked her much more at the beginning of her career and she got a little bit too calculated since "1989".
    Shawn <3

There'll be quite a few new albums out tomorrow that should make it onto my charts, so it will be tough for Lena. BUT... she's doing her Swiss concert this Saturday (after delaying it two times...) and the chances are high that I will be there as well, so this could give her a very nice boost. We'll see

Glad you like the Mid-Year Chart! Within Temptation are definitely a contender for the #1 but the race is really tight there at the moment.
    Hmm... Tamta just made it right for me. She wasn't one of my faves during ESC week but the song itself (just as a song, not as an ESC entry) does it for me, if that makes sense? I keep playing it and I still love it so much, it even just became my most played ESC track of this year with already 200 plays...
    Nice to hear there are a few songs you enjoy(ed) but I also agree with you. 2019 has been a great year IMO but a real standout is clearly missing so far, and in previous years we often already got one in the first half so I'm worried about that.

Aaahhh.... I just can't wait until she finally announces something. I hope she doesn't wait much longer...

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 19:16

Sorry for doing yet another post, but I just remembered that exactly one year ago, I made a post in this topic where I was freaking happy and thanked everyone as My Charts reached 200,000 views and 4,000 replies. Just one year later, this topic has already almost 284,000 views and 4,545 replies – and I’m speechless!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for taking the time to visit this topic. It’s still the thing I enjoy the most and it’s amazing to see people care to check it out – let alone also doing a reply here and there. Special shoutouts to @Mainshow @crystalphoenix @Magnus @heppolo @luckyONE @Haribo (I miss you ), @JSparksFan and @JakeP who all contributed 100+ posts each to this little topic here that started as something that I thought would be forgotten after a few weeks but over seven years later it’s as big as never before. Thank you (and I hope you all don’t mind that I mentioned you <3).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 21:44

Sorry for doing yet another post, but I just remembered that exactly one year ago, I made a post in this topic where I was freaking happy and thanked everyone as My Charts reached 200,000 views and 4,000 replies. Just one year later, this topic has already almost 284,000 views and 4,545 replies – and I’m speechless!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for taking the time to visit this topic. It’s still the thing I enjoy the most and it’s amazing to see people care to check it out – let alone also doing a reply here and there. Special shoutouts to @Mainshow @crystalphoenix @Magnus @heppolo @luckyONE @Haribo (I miss you ), @JSparksFan and @JakeP who all contributed 100+ posts each to this little topic here that started as something that I thought would be forgotten after a few weeks but over seven years later it’s as big as never before. Thank you (and I hope you all don’t mind that I mentioned you <3).
    It's throughly deserved Tansike <3

We do share quite a few similarities in our music tastes which always makes your chart more endearing and interesting to follow every week - even if i'm just browsing threads which seems to be have the case for me in recent months. I really wish there were more hours in a day.

So i must comment on your latest chart whilst i'm gushing here.

YES Tansike. Miley getting that #1 + #2 on lock. It's got such sparkly production, it provides the pure pop goodness i crave for in music. I'd love to see On a roll become a hit but it's unlikely to happen. But nonetheless, it's been one of my go to tracks over the last couple of days - i actually don't like the fact it's 2:30 because to me it finishes too soon so i've tended to repeat the song to really get those vibes.

Miley Cyrus literally on a roll coming off the back of Nothing breaks like a heart and now all this music we're getting now. Amazing time to be a Miley fan. <3

On first listen i was underwhelmed. The way Taylor sings the verses is right outta We are never ever getting back together which was good but not exactly a firm favourite of mine even back then. The chorus is easily the best part of the song but again pre-music video i wasn't sold. Then the music video got released the other day and something started to click. It made me enjoy the more with the visual content. It's still not one of my ultimate Taylor favourites - i dare say i still prefer ME!. But the boost in the last couple of days should help Taylor gain another top 10 entry in my chart. Top 5 may well be out of the question though.

I really wanted to love this but it just falls flat for me. I know Zara is releasing her new single tomorrow and the live performance clip has given me hope that Zara will bring back the pop. However, A brand new day hasn't quite succeeded in making me want to listen to the song more.

I was just gonna focus on new entries but i'm delighted to see Katy rebound a little. I still think this is now pop perfection and easily her best since Chained to the rhythm, but if this continues to hold up it could even be Katy's biggest hit for me since Roar.

Aww what happened to my precious Little Mix? <--- actual tears I was curious to check out Bounce back last Friday night when i got home from work. I did like elements of the song but overall this has been missing the mark for me. I also only know the radio version of Back to life so i genuinely thought "steady...are you ready" were new lyrics. Apparently it was part of the original album version which i'd never heard until this week. A part of me just wishes Little Mix would stick to glorious pure pop because i love the girls when they deliver frothy pop gems. This is sadly a bit too americanised for my liking.

Bubbling under

Gosh at the Miley Cyrus domination here but i must admit Mother's daughter is in a different league and rightly so become the big hit from this ep.

I do love London Grammar and whilst i found Flume's production on the track a bit jarring at first, i've grown to enjoy the song more over this past week. I still don't see this charting high in my chart on Saturday but it's likely to enter.

Needless to say i kinda enjoyed this track more than the Zara Larsson track. However, Dream glow failed to make the cut last weekend and didn't enter my chart. That doesn't look likely to change - if anything, it's got even less chance now as more new music breaks through and gets all my attention.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 21st, 2019, 03:58

So... you're not liking "On A Roll" that much?
    I'm alright with it, but I think "Black Mirror" actually presented a rather credible song despite aiming to show the bubblegum glory

Superstar
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 21st, 2019, 20:57

Thanks for keeping this sub-forum alive, you contribute a lot to it and it's no secret your personal charts are some of the most beloved ones here! Also one of the longest active charts here, I think. More than 7 years already!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 07:49

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    It's throughly deserved Tansike <3

We do share quite a few similarities in our music tastes which always makes your chart more endearing and interesting to follow every week - even if i'm just browsing threads which seems to be have the case for me in recent months. I really wish there were more hours in a day.

So i must comment on your latest chart whilst i'm gushing here.
    Hey Jake

Thank you so much!
    Haha, yeah, it’s the same with me. Even though I stepped down with making comments (simply because a day doesn’t have enough hours for me as well) but I still check out many charts every week to see what’s happening there. This is still my favorite section on here and I’m glad it seems to be more alive again.

YES Tansike. Miley getting that #1 + #2 on lock. It's got such sparkly production, it provides the pure pop goodness i crave for in music. I'd love to see On a roll become a hit but it's unlikely to happen. But nonetheless, it's been one of my go to tracks over the last couple of days - i actually don't like the fact it's 2:30 because to me it finishes too soon so i've tended to repeat the song to really get those vibes.

Miley Cyrus literally on a roll coming off the back of Nothing breaks like a heart and now all this music we're getting now. Amazing time to be a Miley fan. <3
    I love how we both have “On A Roll” high on our charts But it’s the Pop I love and it only helps that I also enjoyed her Black Mirror episode. I’m not sure yet how “On A Roll” will hang on with me though, I think it may fall rather fast, but it’s definitely a great pop tune for now. As for the success, she actually started to enter some Spotify charts a few days ago and even entered the UK Charts at #71, that’s already a lot more than probably everyone involved expected The songs length is too short, I agree, but that’s a good move for today’s streaming era as it gets played more

True! Even though I have to admit that I would have loved her to follow the “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” route but maybe we will get something similar with one of the two upcoming mini albums. But it’s sooo good to have her back like this, especially following the underwhelming “Younger Now” era.

On first listen i was underwhelmed. The way Taylor sings the verses is right outta We are never ever getting back together which was good but not exactly a firm favourite of mine even back then. The chorus is easily the best part of the song but again pre-music video i wasn't sold. Then the music video got released the other day and something started to click. It made me enjoy the more with the visual content. It's still not one of my ultimate Taylor favourites - i dare say i still prefer ME!. But the boost in the last couple of days should help Taylor gain another top 10 entry in my chart. Top 5 may well be out of the question though.
    Ah, nice to read that as it’s been exactly the same for me – well, apart from the “ME!” part as I still don’t really like that. But other than that, “You Need To Calm Down” also didn’t really get me at first but was a grower through the week. As you say, this is definitely not one of her best songs but it’s definitely a good pop track and I hope it does well for her.

I really wanted to love this but it just falls flat for me. I know Zara is releasing her new single tomorrow and the live performance clip has given me hope that Zara will bring back the pop. However, A brand new day hasn't quite succeeded in making me want to listen to the song more.
    Aww… sad to hear it somehow, but also understandable as after the first week hype (I mean, Zara doing a collaboration with BTS had me hyped ) I also got over it rather quickly and it looks to drop a lot on the next chart. Hopefully the new Zara song makes a better impression on you

I was just gonna focus on new entries but i'm delighted to see Katy rebound a little. I still think this is now pop perfection and easily her best since Chained to the rhythm, but if this continues to hold up it could even be Katy's biggest hit for me since Roar.
    This is slaying your charts which is cool for Katy, but somehow it doesn’t get me as much as I think it should – if that makes sense? It’s a great pop song but a spark is missing for me so I actually preferred the “Witness” singles to this, but it’s good to see her getting some people back on board with it and it looks like it’s becoming a nice hit as well which is fantastic.

Aww what happened to my precious Little Mix? <--- actual tears I was curious to check out Bounce back last Friday night when i got home from work. I did like elements of the song but overall this has been missing the mark for me. I also only know the radio version of Back to life so i genuinely thought "steady...are you ready" were new lyrics. Apparently it was part of the original album version which i'd never heard until this week. A part of me just wishes Little Mix would stick to glorious pure pop because i love the girls when they deliver frothy pop gems. This is sadly a bit too americanised for my liking.
    Yeah, this is a rather disappointing comeback and I’m not even their biggest fan so I can only imagine how it is for bigger fans like you. It also looks like they’re struggling with it on the UK Charts. Fingers crossed this is just one bad choice for a single and the next one will be great again. It would be a pity if they are less successful once they left Syco…

Bubbling under

Gosh at the Miley Cyrus domination here but i must admit Mother's daughter is in a different league and rightly so become the big hit from this ep.
    Haha… Miley has been super successful for me lately thanks to “She Is Coming”. Her discography already has some real gems and the whole “She Is Coming” release is a great addition – but I agree that “Mother’s Daughter” is the best of the six songs.

I do love London Grammar and whilst i found Flume's production on the track a bit jarring at first, i've grown to enjoy the song more over this past week. I still don't see this charting high in my chart on Saturday but it's likely to enter.
    As I always say: An entry is better than none at all, even if it’s a low entry I remember that you enjoyed London Grammar in the past, but they never really left a big impression on me so this is yet another song that I like but don’t really love by them.

Needless to say i kinda enjoyed this track more than the Zara Larsson track. However, Dream glow failed to make the cut last weekend and didn't enter my chart. That doesn't look likely to change - if anything, it's got even less chance now as more new music breaks through and gets all my attention.
    Somehow I missed to check this out when it got released but only did it after I heard the Zara track, and since I’m a fan of Zara but only a casual listener in Charli’s case, “A Brand New Day” overshadowed “Dream Glow” for me. It’s definitely a solid song though, but BTS need to be cautious as I feel like they are releasing too many new things lately…

Legend
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 07:50

I'm alright with it, but I think "Black Mirror" actually presented a rather credible song despite aiming to show the bubblegum glory
    Ah, that's true! But they are probably surprised as well at how much the people like it, that's probably also why they didn't release it at first.