Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 4694

Thread: My Charts - week 38 - going against Artemis with Violence

by » Mon August 5th, 2019, 19:15

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    True. Well, maybe that's just the current pop culture we're in and it will change again in a few years, because it hasn't been like that like 15 years ago (at least not as much as it is today).
    Yeah, **fingers crossed** the next generation is kinder to each other (though I'm seeing the opposite trend with younger people, at least online. The anonymity online makes it so much easier to be mean to others all the time, with little-to-no real consequences.)

Thanks for explaining that Kinda weird how his mom is 'too busy' to help looking for Dad though
    Maybe she's too busy "discussing the case" with Looker...

Yes, if possible. I'd say face-to-face > writing > phone call actually, but that's just for me personally and depending on situations. You have a good point there and coincidentally, I just read an article somewhere earlier this week that said that young people may have many followers and stuff like that, but there seem to be more young people that have no friends in real life these days than a few years ago.
    **Nod** I think that's a product of the rise of streaming "celebrities" too (on Twitch and such), where the streamer will refer to his/her dedicated audience as "friends" or even "family," but it's not like that streamer is gonna hang out with you on your birthday, visit you at Christmas, come to your wedding, etc. They're only your friend/family when you're watching their stream (and helping them earn money) but fans still devote so much of their free time to just sitting and watching every single stream.

I'm sorry, but Not because the record has to be broken or because I dislike OSD / like OTR, but more because that "Bad Guy" remix is horrible and it doesn't deserve to get to #1. We'll see what happens, maybe it will get tied with OSD and "Despacito" but doesn't go further, as it's decreasing on streaming a lot lately.
    **Sigh** Well, it officially happened I'm a little annoyed that Billie and Bieber couldn't come up with something better (and make a brand-new video too), but OTR probably would've rebounded to No. 1 once the "Bad Guy" remix effect wore off anyway.

So, so true!! I really don't get that. Also, over here, if you're driving and they test you, you have a problem even with just a tiny bit amount of it in your blood and that's usually the case even 2-3 days after you used it, while it's allowed to drive with some alcohol in your body, even though it's proven the former is not as dangerous as the latter.
    That's so dumb, it's scary "So you're a little drunk right now? Eh, fine, keep driving. BUT YOU SMOKED THREE DAYS AGO?!?" Granted, there's probably similar laws here too. **Sigh**

That's true... also you just made me think about it and I forgot that Ellie was already on a decline with her last era while Meghan still got two big hits with "Thank You", so with the break in between this current situation for Ellie was probably more expected. I just would love a new album by her so much but "Hate Me" hasn't done a lot so far and I don't see this changing out of a sudden, so it will be interesting to see how the era continues. Also, same with me... the song isn't bad, it's just not as good as many other songs that are currently out there.
    Damn, that's a good point (and so sad) I knew Delirium (annoyingly) under-performed, of course, but I hadn't thought to directly compare it with Thank You, and you're right: "NO" and "Me Too" did better than "On My Mind" and "Army"/"Something In The Way You Move" in several markets Granted, Delirium looks more impressive if we count "Love Me Like You Do" as the lead single and "On My Mind" as the second.

Good question; and I don't think it's a pain to look up, as I'm pretty sure who did this the longest without looking it up... Lana Del Rey's "Born To Die" spent ten consecutive weeks at #1, while "Video Games" was #2 during the first seven weeks. So this must be the longest run in the Top2 for the same artist (and with the same two songs).
    Woah, somebody was stanning HARD for Lana!

I was afraid you would point that out when it comes to Ed Unfortunately, I'm currently having a really weird relationship with Ed's music. The whole album is quite good, but somehow the tracks themselves don't really stand out enough to make the Top40. 1-2 weeks before the album got released I was confident that at least "Cross Me" and maybe also "I Don't Care" would make re-entries, but they didn't get me back as much as I thought they would
    I guess your even your man couldn't do enough to really save it for you.

Glad you're commenting on that as I know you're a big Kylie fan! This release has been such a positive surprise to me and I'm really loving to listen to her big hits, especially because I never really cared for her as much as I probably should have (and "Kiss Me Once" was my first album from her). Agreed on the charts performance, but I'm soooooo freaking happy for her. Especially the UK performance is outstanding for a GH by a 'veteran' artist in 2019!

Off-topic: but hope you're having/had an amazing time on vacation! (Though damn you for cropping that shirtless selfie so high. Don't be afraid to flaunt those Tansike titties...)

• Hmmm...it's cool to see someone finally topple Lindsey (nothing against her, of course, but she'd been dominating for over a month), but I'm not SUPER sold on this new Sam single. I do like how he's embraced a more flamboyant/fabulous/expressive side of himself in the video, though. I can't remember if I've asked about Sam's chart history here before - but I'm a little surprised that "How Do You Sleep?" is his very first No. 1, so maybe I haven't?
    • So Noah released a song called "July" on the very last day of the month? Subversive! I definitely don't know her catalog as well as you do, but this seems like a very different sound for her, and it works!
    • Hopefully "Gone" doesn't tumble off the chart too quickly! I thought it was a bit boring/unimpressive at first, but it really grew on me after a week or so.
    • Well, at least Ed managed to score one more Bubbling Under entry.
    • I noticed you started the newest thread for Daddy Lauv, so hopefully that tune will pop up here soon!

Yet another chart that has me wide awake, Tancel!

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Tue August 6th, 2019, 21:24

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Yeah, **fingers crossed** the next generation is kinder to each other (though I'm seeing the opposite trend with younger people, at least online. The anonymity online makes it so much easier to be mean to others all the time, with little-to-no real consequences.)
    That would be amazing! Well, I feel like the younger people are kinder to each other in real life than several years ago (bullying comes to my mind; young people are more open these days to LGBT people for example). So it's interesting how it's the opposite when it comes to the online behavior.

**Nod** I think that's a product of the rise of streaming "celebrities" too (on Twitch and such), where the streamer will refer to his/her dedicated audience as "friends" or even "family," but it's not like that streamer is gonna hang out with you on your birthday, visit you at Christmas, come to your wedding, etc. They're only your friend/family when you're watching their stream (and helping them earn money) but fans still devote so much of their free time to just sitting and watching every single stream.
    Oh. At first I read this comment and was shocked as I thought I've never heard about something like that; so I talked to my partner about it and he remembered me that he also used it for a new game (like watching how someone else plays that game just to see if it's really worth to buy or not) and I was watching that with him. But I thought that's just a very small thing, I didn't know that it's something popular? Is it very popular in the US and I guess it's also not just for games then?

**Sigh** Well, it officially happened I'm a little annoyed that Billie and Bieber couldn't come up with something better (and make a brand-new video too), but OTR probably would've rebounded to No. 1 once the "Bad Guy" remix effect wore off anyway.
    True. OTR has been such a huge force on the US Charts but it's also very impressive how big it was on a worldwide level, as these country influenced songs weren't huge hits everywhere previously (like "Meant To Be" for example).

That's so dumb, it's scary "So you're a little drunk right now? Eh, fine, keep driving. BUT YOU SMOKED THREE DAYS AGO?!?" Granted, there's probably similar laws here too. **Sigh**
    Haha... yeah, it is ridiculous. Maybe this will change one day but I'm sure the next ridiculous thing is already coming by that time as well. It is how it is...

Damn, that's a good point (and so sad) I knew Delirium (annoyingly) under-performed, of course, but I hadn't thought to directly compare it with Thank You, and you're right: "NO" and "Me Too" did better than "On My Mind" and "Army"/"Something In The Way You Move" in several markets Granted, Delirium looks more impressive if we count "Love Me Like You Do" as the lead single and "On My Mind" as the second.
    Fingers crossed both of them come back hard as soon as possible. I still have some hope left for both of them. Though it's probably really difficult for Meghan to get on the "Title" level again when it comes to success, while it's also getting more and more difficult for Ellie for every song she released that underperforms... sadly.
    Interesting... I never thought of "Love Me Like You Do" as part of the "Delirium" era. But I'd probably count it to that album if I'd enjoy the song, but I don't, so...

Woah, somebody was stanning HARD for Lana!
    I was! Both also have multi platinum status ("Video Games" is 4x Platinum, BTD is 3x Platinum) while the album itself was #1 for 12 weeks, spent 80 weeks on the chart and ended up with 5x Platinum. One of (or overall even THE) biggest eras ever in My Charts history

I guess your even your man couldn't do enough to really save it for you.
    No. I even got off of "I Don't Care" completely lately and even my partner knows how much I dislike it at the moment

Off-topic: but hope you're having/had an amazing time on vacation! (Though damn you for cropping that shirtless selfie so high. Don't be afraid to flaunt those Tansike titties...)
    Thank you! The vacation were great, but as always way too short.
    Well there's currently too much of titties going on there for my taste, so I have to wait to show them until it gets a little bit better in shape

• Hmmm...it's cool to see someone finally topple Lindsey (nothing against her, of course, but she'd been dominating for over a month), but I'm not SUPER sold on this new Sam single. I do like how he's embraced a more flamboyant/fabulous/expressive side of himself in the video, though. I can't remember if I've asked about Sam's chart history here before - but I'm a little surprised that "How Do You Sleep?" is his very first No. 1, so maybe I haven't?
    • So Noah released a song called "July" on the very last day of the month? Subversive! I definitely don't know her catalog as well as you do, but this seems like a very different sound for her, and it works!
    • Hopefully "Gone" doesn't tumble off the chart too quickly! I thought it was a bit boring/unimpressive at first, but it really grew on me after a week or so.
    • Well, at least Ed managed to score one more Bubbling Under entry.
    • I noticed you started the newest thread for Daddy Lauv, so hopefully that tune will pop up here soon!

Yet another chart that has me wide awake, Tancel!
    Haha, I totally get your point about Lindsey's domination but it's kinda sad to hear you're not that much into Sam's new song (yet). For me it's another great tune as I've already really enjoyed "Dancing With A Stranger". A shame he seems to move away from the usual album campaign as there was an interview where it was said there won't be an album too soon...
    Ah, I guess you never asked for that so far, unfortunately I can't as I'm not at home for a few days and can't access to my excel sheets... but I'll edit this post with it on the weekend
    edit: So here is Sam Smith's Discography

Yeah. Even Noah talked about releasing it at the end of the month instead of the beginning. Yeah, it works for her and it's a good ballad... she already did some other ballads in the past such as "Mad At You". She deserves more attention in my opinion as she already released a bunch of really good songs...

Eh, I'm afraid you won't be too happy with the chart performance of "Gone" It hasn't clicked with me as much as I wanted it to do... but maybe the album release next month changes this. Glad to hear it already grew on you!

It will debut this week

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 08:32

My Charts - week 32/2019 – 8 august 2019 - the strings are back

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (5) Lindsey Stirling (ft. Elle King) – The Upside
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-5-1- / 5w

2 (2) Dennis Lloyd – Never Go Back
    Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Sam Smith – How Do You Sleep?
    Chart Run: 3-*1*-3- / 3w

4 (4) Lindsey Stirling – Underground *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-1-4-4- / 7w

5 (6) Aura Dione – Last Man In The World
    Chart Run: 14-*4*-6-5- / 4w

6 (NEW) Ariana Grande & Social House – Boyfriend
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (7) Au/Ra – Dance In The Dark
    Chart Run: 14-19-12-*7*-7- / 5w

8 (3) Noah Cyrus – July
    Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (10) Anna Bergendahl – Home
    Chart Run: 13-*4*-6-10-9- / 5w

10 (8) Astrid S – The First One *G*
    Chart Run: 34-27-36-19-14-4-*3*-5-8-10- / 10w

11 (9) Banks – Gimme
    Chart Run: 16-23-Out-RE *5*-8-9-11- / 6w

12 (14) Sabrina Carpenter – In My Bed
    Chart Run: 13-*5*-8-7-14-12- / 6w

13 (11) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You
    Chart Run: 36-34-Out-RE 15-*11*-13- / 5w

14 (NEW) Freya Ridings – Castles
    Chart Run: *14*- / 1w

15 (12) Iggy Azalea – Sally Walker
    Chart Run: 28-40-Out-RE 14-*12*-15- / 5w

16 (NEW) Katja Krasavice – Gucci Girl
    Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (NEW) Ava Max – Freaking Me Out
    Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (19) Jax Jones & Bebe Rexha – Harder
    Chart Run: *17*-22-19-18- / 4w

19 (13) Banks – Contaminated
    Chart Run: *9*-11-13-19- / 4w

20 (15) Keiino – Praying
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-10-15-20- / 7w

21 (16) Avril Lavigne – I Fell In Love With The Devil
    Chart Run: 7-*6*-10-9-16-21- / 6w

22 (20) Kygo & Whitney Houston – Higher Love
    Chart Run: 25-27-23-*20*-22- / 5w

23 (RE) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    Chart Run: 11-7-*4*-6-15-32-Out-RE 23- / 7w

24 (17) Of Monsters And Men – Alligator
    Chart Run: *17*-24- / 2w

25 (18) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles
    Chart Run: 18-Out-RE 25-22-21-*11*-13-18-25- / 8w

26 (23) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-9-18-20-17-23-26- / 10w

27 (22) P!nk feat. Wrabel – 90 Days
    Chart Run: *5*-8-12-18-20-22-27- / 7w

28 (31) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky *G*
    Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2-3-8-12-17-22-29-31-28- / 16w

29 (RE) Lana Del Rey – Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have – But I Have It
    Chart Run: *2*-10-17-21-30-Out-RE 29- / 6w

30 (35) Blair St. Clair – Easy Love
    Chart Run: *7*-21-35-30- / 4w

31 (NEW) Lauv feat. Anne-Marie – ****, I’m Lonely
    Chart Run: *31*- / 1w

32 (21) Beatrice Egli – Rock mis Härz
    Chart Run: *3*-3-7-16-19-21-32- / 7w

33 (34) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
    Chart Run: *17*-17-19-21-19-22-24-28-32-33-34-33- / 12w

34 (27) Zara Larsson – All The Time
    Chart Run: *11*-20-23-29-32-27-34- / 7w

35 (NEW) Tove Lo feat. Alma – Bad As The Boys
    Chart Run: *35*- / 1w

36 (32) Michela – Chameleon *P*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7-1-9-14-17-20-24-27-32-30-27-32-36- / 17w

37 (24) Babymetal – Pa Pa Ya!!
    Chart Run: *4*-9-12-16-24-37- / 6w

38 (29) Inna – Te Vas
    Chart Run: 12-10-10-*8*-15-24-29-38- / 8w

39 (33) Felix Jaehn feat. Calum Scott – Love On Myself
    Chart Run: 38-*20*-26-37-33-39- / 6w

40 (39) Tamta – Replay *P*
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*-5-6-10-12-9-13-15-24-31-34-39-40- / 20w

Out of Top40
    Out (25) Dinah Jane feat. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – SZNS (1w)
    Out (26) Charli XCX & Christine And The Queens – Gone (2w)
    Out (28) Twenty One Pilots – The Hype (1w)
    Out (30) Sofi Tukker – Swing (3w)
    Out (36) Imagine Dragons feat. Elisa – Birds (6w)
    Out (37) Mark Ronson feat. Lykke Li – Late Night Feelings (5w)
    Out (38) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road *G* (16w)
    Out (40) Zena – Like It *G* (12w)

New certifications
    “Underground” by Lindsey Stirling and “The First One” by Astrid S go GOLD (250+ points)

Click here for the Certification Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 08:33

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (1) Of Monsters And Men – Fever Dream
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (2) Banks – III
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2- / 4w

3 (4) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3- / 14w

4 (NEW) Skillet – Victorious
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (8) Julia Michaels – Inner Monologue Part 2
    Chart Run: 9-Out-RE 16-13-8-*5*- / 5w

6 (5) Freya Ridings – Freya Ridings
    Chart Run: 7-*5*-6- / 3w

7 (3) Iggy Azalea – In My Defense
    Chart Run: *2*-3-7- / 3w

8 (6) Sabrina Carpenter – Singular Act II
    Chart Run: *4*-6-8- / 3w

9 (10) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-4-6-10-10-9- / 10w

10 (7) Sabaton – The Great War
    Chart Run: *3*-7-10- / 3w

11 (9) Anette Olzon – Shine *7xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 12-14-11-8-7-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 10-10-9-9-4-6-15-17-Out-RE 5-12-14-20-Out-RE 15-19-Out-RE 14-12-10-13-16-Out-RE 18-9-11- / 119w

12 (15) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3-3-3-5-7-10-15-15-12- / 16w

13 (12) Ed Sheeran – No.6 Collaborations Project
    Chart Run: *3*-6-12-13- / 4w

14 (11) Kylie Minogue – Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection
    Chart Run: 7-*3*-5-8-11-14- / 6w

15 (17) Mark Ronson – Late Night Feelings
    Chart Run: *7*-12-10-12-20-17-15- / 7w

16 (16) Poppy – Choke EP
    Chart Run: *4*-8-9-11-16-16- / 6w

17 (13) Adel Tawil – Alles lebt
    Chart Run: 8-11-*6*-7-12-13-17- / 7w

18 (18) Will Young – Lexicon
    Chart Run: *9*-14-12-13-19-18-18- / 7w

19 (14) Lil Nas X – 7
    Chart Run: 4-3-*2*-4-9-14-19- / 7w

20 (19) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8-7-11-15-9-8-14-19-20- / 25w

Out of Top20
    Out (20) Beatrice Egli – Natürlich! (6w)

New certifications
    none

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 08:33

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Julia Michaels – Body
    Chart Run: 10-*1*-1-1-1 / 5w

2 (NEW) Taylor Swift – The Archer
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) Sabrina Carpenter – Looking At Me
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3- / 3w

4 (NEW) Ava Max – Blood, Sweat & Tears

5 (7) Iggy Azalea – Comme des garçons
    Chart Run: *4*-7-5- / 3w

6 (4) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-9-6-5-4-7-8-4-6- / 14w

7 (8) Ashley Tisdale – Feeling So Good
    Chart Run: 7-7-5-6-*3*-4-7-8-7- / 9w

8 (5) Ed Sheeran feat. Khalid – Beautiful People
    Chart Run: *5*-8- / 2w

9 (6) Banks – Godless
    Chart Run: *6*-9- / 2w

10 (NEW) HAIM – Summer Girl
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 08:39

Finally. I think "Castles" might enjoy a long tenure in your chart.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Superstar
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 19:49

Hey Tansike

It's been so long ( gosh @ how busy i've been recently), time to play catch up.

Ahh yes my hit seeker from last weekend. I've been so busy with personal life that i've spent less time on here and as a result taking longer to finally check out popular songs from other personal charts. Step forward Lindsey Stirling. It just so happened that i was on YouTube and The upside appeared in my recommends list - no doubt this was because i'd already checked out Underground earlier in the week. Hence why the latter made it into my top 20 whilst this track was highlighted as a future hit instead.

If anything this reflects better on Elle King who hasn't exactly shone brightly in my chart despite Ex's & oh's being her big breakthrough single in 2015. She has only had one minor hit since (Shame got to #13 last year) so this is already set to be a bigger hit in my chart this weekend.

Aww i'm surprised Sam has already slipped outside your top 2 - i think it was a foregone conclusion that The upside would be your #1 today. I'm even more shocked at how slowly this is taking to become something of a hit in the UK. This has already performed better in Ireland and even New Zealand, id have expected Sam Smith to be performing better in his home country.

I was hoping this would be another amazing gem but it's not really clicked with me properly. I do like a song, it even got to #10 in my chart after just 24 hours but that's still poor considering all her #1s in 2018 got there after 24 hours. With a full week to benefit from, this track is likely to stabilise but this won't be going anywhere near #1 for me.

Delighted to see Castles breaking through to your top 40. <3 This was such an instant love for me and would've been #1 had it not been for Katy Perry releasing Never really over. Speaking of which, i'm curious to hear the new Katy Perry single... <--- because i really don't know what to expect so i'm feeling a bit uncertain right now. lol

I need to give this more time to see if it clicks. I loved Sweet but psycho instantly whilst even So am i required a few days for that song to finally click. What do you think of Blood, sweat and tears?

This has been a slow burner and with the music video released last week, it's given the song quite a boost so is looking set to enter my chart on Saturday.

Wow i thought you would love this more than a #31 entry peak. It was so instant for me and even charted above Ariana Grande with just 24 hours, and is expected to reach a new peak in my next chart.

Best of the rest:

29 (RE) Lana Del Rey – Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have – But I Have It

Gosh at the eurovision songs still hanging on inside your top 40. Which eurovision has spent the longest number of weeks in your chart?

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 10:35

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post

Finally. I think "Castles" might enjoy a long tenure in your chart.
    I think so too A shame how she's not bigger outside the UK

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 10:37

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Hey Tansike

It's been so long ( gosh @ how busy i've been recently), time to play catch up.
    Hey Jake

Glad you took the time to leave a comment here Always appreciated! And don’t worry, I know how it is to be so busy…

Ahh yes my hit seeker from last weekend. I've been so busy with personal life that i've spent less time on here and as a result taking longer to finally check out popular songs from other personal charts. Step forward Lindsey Stirling. It just so happened that i was on YouTube and The upside appeared in my recommends list - no doubt this was because i'd already checked out Underground earlier in the week. Hence why the latter made it into my top 20 whilst this track was highlighted as a future hit instead.

If anything this reflects better on Elle King who hasn't exactly shone brightly in my chart despite Ex's & oh's being her big breakthrough single in 2015. She has only had one minor hit since (Shame got to #13 last year) so this is already set to be a bigger hit in my chart this weekend.
    I’m so, so happy not only that you decided to check both of these new Lindsey singles out, but also that you’re enjoying them that much – that’s fantastic!

It’s sad how Elle King never really got a second hit. I quite enjoyed both of her albums so far, she seems very sympathetic and is a strong vocalist, so she deserves some more attention. It’s cool that she was picked for the vocals on The Upside.

Aww i'm surprised Sam has already slipped outside your top 2 - i think it was a foregone conclusion that The upside would be your #1 today. I'm even more shocked at how slowly this is taking to become something of a hit in the UK. This has already performed better in Ireland and even New Zealand, id have expected Sam Smith to be performing better in his home country.
    The Upside was the obvious number one this week, but the others were pretty close. In the end, I though Dennis Lloyd had a bigger impact on my daily life and deserved to stay at #2 so Sam went down to #3. Still, considering this is his first #1 on my charts it’s still doing fantastic. Agreed about its chart performance in the UK, but also everywhere else as I thought this was an obvious hit for him. It’s easily one of his best songs ever and the video is probably even his best one to date.

I was hoping this would be another amazing gem but it's not really clicked with me properly. I do like a song, it even got to #10 in my chart after just 24 hours but that's still poor considering all her #1s in 2018 got there after 24 hours. With a full week to benefit from, this track is likely to stabilise but this won't be going anywhere near #1 for me.
    I’m kinda glad to hear that as I’m feeling similar. I’m still a bit sad that she turned from being such a charts force in 2018 to someone who is releasing basic Pop/R&B-tracks Drake-style this year. I’m happy for her success and I’m happy for her personally as this seems to be what she wants, but NTLTC-GIAW-B was such a holy trinity and she was THE star of 2018 for me, so 2019 has been really weak in comparison.

Delighted to see Castles breaking through to your top 40. <3 This was such an instant love for me and would've been #1 had it not been for Katy Perry releasing Never really over. Speaking of which, i'm curious to hear the new Katy Perry single... <--- because i really don't know what to expect so i'm feeling a bit uncertain right now. lol
    Yes, this took some time to get me but now it’s there. I hope Freya can make some impact outside the UK as well as so far she’s only smashing there, even though this screams to be a bigger hit everywhere.

Ah, the new Katy single. Well, that one is rather disappointing, isn’t it?

I need to give this more time to see if it clicks. I loved Sweet but psycho instantly whilst even So am i required a few days for that song to finally click. What do you think of Blood, sweat and tears?
    Fingers crossed this clicks with you! Because it’s an awesome song and I think I can relate to it the most from all songs she has released so far. As for BST, it’s just ok to me; Freaking Me Out is definitely the better of the two. What do you think about it?

This has been a slow burner and with the music video released last week, it's given the song quite a boost so is looking set to enter my chart on Saturday.
    That’s amazing! It also seems to be a slow burner for me as it keeps on growing on me Just saw its video for the first time yesterday as well.

Wow i thought you would love this more than a #31 entry peak. It was so instant for me and even charted above Ariana Grande with just 24 hours, and is expected to reach a new peak in my next chart.
    This has left me more underwhelmed than I expected. It’s a nice pop tune but I expected more from it and unfortunately it hasn’t really grown on me so far.

Best of the rest:

Gosh at the eurovision songs still hanging on inside your top 40. Which eurovision has spent the longest number of weeks in your chart?
    Glad there’s so much you’re enjoying from my current Top40!

Haha… yeah, even though I wasn’t that much into the ESC entries prior the contest, they were stuck with me for a pretty unusual long time this year. All songs combined, 2019 is even the most successful ESC year ever on my charts now. As for the longest running ESC entry on my charts, that’s by far Loreen’s Euphoria with 66 weeks. Others with 20+ weeks are Only Teardrops (25w), Heroes (20w), You Are The Only One (22w), Lighthouse (27w) and Tamta’s Replay (20w).

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 17:20

That would be amazing! Well, I feel like the younger people are kinder to each other in real life than several years ago (bullying comes to my mind; young people are more open these days to LGBT people for example). So it's interesting how it's the opposite when it comes to the online behavior.
    Yeah, that's a great point that gives me hope: even though some toxic attitudes/behaviors are pretty common online, there's still lots of people out there in "the real world" who know better and act better than that in their daily lives.

Oh. At first I read this comment and was shocked as I thought I've never heard about something like that; so I talked to my partner about it and he remembered me that he also used it for a new game (like watching how someone else plays that game just to see if it's really worth to buy or not) and I was watching that with him. But I thought that's just a very small thing, I didn't know that it's something popular? Is it very popular in the US and I guess it's also not just for games then?
    Hmmm...it's hard to say exactly how popular it is, since it's definitely something aimed at a younger/teen audience (and I don't have a great sense of what's hip with the kids these days), but it seems like there's always a ton of people streaming whenever I check out Twitch. I don't follow some of the "biggest" streamers (like Ninja, who I see mentioned a lot online, but I'm not interested in the games he plays) Even the streamers I do watch seem to have dozens (often hundreds) of people/fans in their live chat whenever they stream, though.

True. OTR has been such a huge force on the US Charts but it's also very impressive how big it was on a worldwide level, as these country influenced songs weren't huge hits everywhere previously (like "Meant To Be" for example).
    **Nod** Very true! Lil Nas really tapped into something special with OTR. Neither country nor hip-hop/rap hits are usually as big overseas as they are in the US, yet this song managed to become such a monster all over the globe.

Fingers crossed both of them come back hard as soon as possible. I still have some hope left for both of them. Though it's probably really difficult for Meghan to get on the "Title" level again when it comes to success, while it's also getting more and more diffi-cult for Ellie for every song she released that underperforms... sadly.
    Interesting... I never thought of "Love Me Like You Do" as part of the "Delirium" era. But I'd probably count it to that album if I'd enjoy the song, but I don't, so...
    Wait, you don't enjoy "Love Me Like You Do"?!? That must've come up at some point before, and I must've blocked it out (or I just went blind with rage after reading it last time) That horrific, heartbreaking statement aside, I don't usually count LMLYD as part of the Delirium era either, since its marketing was SO heavily tied into 50 Shades of Grey.

Thank you! The vacation were great, but as always way too short.
    I'd love to hear more! Was it a romantic getaway for just you and your partner? Had either of you been there before? (Were there plenty of green activities...?)

Ah, I guess you never asked for that so far, unfortunately I can't as I'm not at home for a few days and can't access to my excel sheets... but I'll edit this post with it on the weekend
    edit: So here is Sam Smith's Discography
    Thanks for taking the time to add Sam's discography after you got home! What blocked "Stay With Me" during those three weeks at No. 2? Looks like The Thrill Of It All was a pretty big let-down for you after In The Lonely Hour did quite well (since it didn't earn a cert at all)?

• YES!!! Lindsey answering my prayers by giving us something with vocals. I already slightly preferred "The Upside" to "Underground" as instrumental tracks, so Elle's addition just elevates it even higher for me! Absolutely worthy of a No. 1 rebound.
    • People seem quite underwhelmed by "Boyfriend," but it feels kind of refreshing/a step in the right direction after "7 Rings" and "Break Up" did little-to-nothing for me. I can hear the "Thank U, Next" similarities, but it's not as identical as I expected after reading people's initial reactions ("Focus" and "Problem" strike me as more similar to each other than this and TUN). I was pretty shocked that it "only" debuted at No. 8 on the Hot 100, so I'm wondering if all of her releases over the past year might be causing some over-exposure.
    • "Freaking Me Out" has really won me over! I liked it better than "Blood, Sweat & Tears" right away, but neither seemed super-interesting after one listen - and now I'm playing both quite a bit! They've really re-kindled my interest in Ava in general.
    • Aw, so Daddy Lauv with worth making a thread for, but only gets a No. 31 debut here? Even with Anne-Marie's help? Although I'd love to see him score another hit with this, I don't think it'll become one of my personal favorites from him.
    • At least he managed better than poor Tove (and Tay) I need to give "Bad As The Boys" more listens. "The Archer" is a nice change of pace after "ME!" and YNTCD, but I'm glad they aren't making it an official single.

Yet another chart that lifts me up, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 19:08

Yeah, that's a great point that gives me hope: even though some toxic attitudes/behaviors are pretty common online, there's still lots of people out there in "the real world" who know better and act better than that in their daily lives.
    Same here! I think the online behavior is just something in the moment while the 'real life' behavior is the way it's actually going for.

Hmmm...it's hard to say exactly how popular it is, since it's definitely something aimed at a younger/teen audience (and I don't have a great sense of what's hip with the kids these days), but it seems like there's always a ton of people streaming whenever I check out Twitch. I don't follow some of the "biggest" streamers (like Ninja, who I see mentioned a lot online, but I'm not interested in the games he plays) Even the streamers I do watch seem to have dozens (often hundreds) of people/fans in their live chat whenever they stream, though.
    Haha... you just made me smile so much with the bold part as I just realized the same not too long ago!
    Oh wow, this really seems like a big thing as I had no idea these streamers have wikipedia pages as well and his views / followers seem huge!
    It's crazy how all these media things are so freaking successful these days. Video Games seem to be as popular as never before, movies are making as huge grosses as never before and music seems to reach as many people as never before through streaming.

**Nod** Very true! Lil Nas really tapped into something special with OTR. Neither country nor hip-hop/rap hits are usually as big overseas as they are in the US, yet this song managed to become such a monster all over the globe.
    You just made me realize that it actually shouldn't have been the biggest surprise to see OTR slaying the way it did in the US... I mean, as we both agreed on, country songs (and as you pointed out also rap songs) are usually much bigger in the US than everywhere else, so considering how big OTR has been everywhere else, it probably could have been expected to see it being such a monster in the US. Anyways... I'm not into charts as much as I used to do at all and my 'favorite countries' changed to Switzerland and Germany, so I'm not really up-to-date with the US charts so I was shocked when I just read that "Bad Guy" is also still #2 (with OTR obviously still leading). I hope they change the rules some day as the charts are way too stagnant these days.

Wait, you don't enjoy "Love Me Like You Do"?!? That must've come up at some point before, and I must've blocked it out (or I just went blind with rage after reading it last time) That horrific, heartbreaking statement aside, I don't usually count LMLYD as part of the Delirium era either, since its marketing was SO heavily tied into 50 Shades of Grey.
    Well, at the time of its release, I absolutely hated this song. Ellie just completely won me over previously, I kinda disliked the 50 Shades franchise and so the song came off as a complete sell-out to me and seemed way too basic for her. It still made it to #6 on My Charts after a while but still ended up as her second least successful single here pre-"Close To Me" ("Close To Me", "Sixteen" and "Hate Me" 'topped' that). If it makes up for it: I can live with it these days and I know this was a very unpopular opinion of mine back then. I still don't really know why I disliked it as much as I did; I couldn't even be happy for its success even though Ellie completely deserved such a huge hit.

Hmm... you just made me thirsty for some Ellie, let me go and listen to some of her tunes now

I'd love to hear more! Was it a romantic getaway for just you and your partner? Had either of you been there before? (Were there plenty of green activities...?)
    To be honest with you, it wasn't as romantic as I was hoping for, more the opposite, as we had some deep talks that I didn't want to have at that time, but looking back they were needed and it's all completely good how it was. But yes, it was just us two together ( ), it was a great time and it felt SO good to have that week completely off from my daily life.

We both were there previously; me once around 12-15 years ago, while it was already the fourth time for him (15, 20 and 30 years ago for him). And... eh... not plenty, but we may or may have not took some with us

Thanks for taking the time to add Sam's discography after you got home! What blocked "Stay With Me" during those three weeks at No. 2? Looks like The Thrill Of It All was a pretty big let-down for you after In The Lonely Hour did quite well (since it didn't earn a cert at all)?
    Sure! As you know, I love to share these little discographies <3 Well, he was blocked by the nine-week-reigning "Break Free" by Ariana Ah yes, I was pretty underwhelmed by "The Thrill Of It All" compared to his debut. It wasn't a bad album, it just lacked of several more highlights other than just a few tracks. Speaking of Sam, I don't really remember how his previous stuff did on your charts, so I wonder if you ever checked his albums out?

• YES!!! Lindsey answering my prayers by giving us something with vocals. I already slightly preferred "The Upside" to "Underground" as instrumental tracks, so Elle's addition just elevates it even higher for me! Absolutely worthy of a No. 1 rebound.
    • People seem quite underwhelmed by "Boyfriend," but it feels kind of refreshing/a step in the right direction after "7 Rings" and "Break Up" did little-to-nothing for me. I can hear the "Thank U, Next" similarities, but it's not as identical as I expected after reading people's initial reactions ("Focus" and "Problem" strike me as more similar to each other than this and TUN). I was pretty shocked that it "only" debuted at No. 8 on the Hot 100, so I'm wondering if all of her releases over the past year might be causing some over-exposure.
    • "Freaking Me Out" has really won me over! I liked it better than "Blood, Sweat & Tears" right away, but neither seemed super-interesting after one listen - and now I'm playing both quite a bit! They've really re-kindled my interest in Ava in general.
    • Aw, so Daddy Lauv with worth making a thread for, but only gets a No. 31 debut here? Even with Anne-Marie's help? Although I'd love to see him score another hit with this, I don't think it'll become one of my personal favorites from him.
    • At least he managed better than poor Tove (and Tay) I need to give "Bad As The Boys" more listens. "The Archer" is a nice change of pace after "ME!" and YNTCD, but I'm glad they aren't making it an official single.

Yet another chart that lifts me up, Marsike!
    Yay, so happy to hear that feedback about the new version of "The Upside"! I was worried you wouldn't enjoy Lindsey's further domination on my charts as you just pointed that out a week ago. So the best thing that could happen for both of us would be her releasing the Amy Lee collaboration as the third single

I'm still not too sure about "Boyfriend". But to be fair, it's also difficult to compare it to Ariana's previous stuff... I'm actually kinda surprised people are comparing it to the TUN tracks, as we already didn't do that with "Monopoly" and somehow "Boyfriend" goes more into that direction for me personally. So it's doing good for what it is I'd say. But I agree about the TUN (song) comparison and that it's not nearly as similar to that one as "Focus" to "Problem".

That's amazing! I already saw Ava's slayage on your charts a few days ago and was so happy, as "Freaking Me Out" is growing on me massively and may become her biggest hit on my charts so far. Also nice to hear you're enjoying "Blood, Sweat & Tears" that much, so I guess I need to give it another chance as "Freaking Me Out" was miles ahead of the other for me and I kinda put all of my attention to it and never really replayed "Blood, Sweat & Tears" ever since. Her streak of singles has been very solid so far and I would love to get something more (an album, maybe? But you never know these days...).

I knew you would say that about Lauv! But to be honest, I only discovered it through Anne-Marie, she was the main reason why I made the topic and after all Lauv has to thank her for the chart entry

"Bad As The Boys" is a nice second taste of her upcoming album. I've already enjoyed "Glad He's Gone" so I'm really positive about "Sunshine Kitty", especially after being disappointed by her last album. Iirc you quite enjoyed her last album, right?

"The Archer" is really beautiful and would have been a sure Top10 entry if she wouldn't have said it's not even going to be a promo single (and therefor I didn't allow it on my main chart). Sometimes the Bubbling Under chart is kinda tricky; "Body" for example would have even blocked Lindsey on the main chart if it wasn't just an album track. Anyways, Taylor is already releasing another song as a promo single this week plus the third real single is also coming before the album release, so these are exciting times for her fans!

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 09:59

Just a short information: For the past few years, Thursday was always the day I posted the new updates of My Charts. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later, but these were always exceptions and Thursday always has been the 'chart day'. Due to my new job that I started two weeks ago, I'm currently thinking about moving this day to Friday. I don't want to fix this yet but I just wanted to share the possibility that My Charts may be posted on a Friday instead of Thursday every now and then from now on.

Thank you all
    ...and now let me go back to prepare this weeks update

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 13:46

My Charts - week 33/2019 – 15 august 2019 - calm before the storm?

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (1) Lindsey Stirling (ft. Elle King) – The Upside
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-5-1-1- / 6w

2 (3) Sam Smith – How Do You Sleep?
    Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Lana Del Rey – Looking For America
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Tarja – Tears In Rain

5 (NEW) Lana Del Rey – Season Of The Witch
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (17) Ava Max – Freaking Me Out
    Chart Run: 17-*6*- / 2w

7 (4) Lindsey Stirling – Underground *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-1-4-4-7- / 8w

8 (5) Aura Dione – Last Man In The World
    Chart Run: 14-*4*-6-5-8- / 5w

9 (2) Dennis Lloyd – Never Go Back
    Chart Run: *2*-2-9- / 3w

10 (7) Au/Ra – Dance In The Dark
    Chart Run: 14-19-12-*7*-7-10- / 6w

11 (18) Jax Jones & Bebe Rexha – Harder
    Chart Run: 17-22-19-18-*11*- / 5w

12 (14) Freya Ridings – Castles
    Chart Run: 14-*12*- / 2w

13 (10) Astrid S – The First One *G*
    Chart Run: 34-27-36-19-14-4-*3*-5-8-10-13- / 11w

14 (9) Anna Bergendahl – Home
    Chart Run: 13-*4*-6-10-9-14- / 6w

15 (RE) Tori Kelly – Change Your Mind
    Chart Run: 23-29-38-Out-RE *15*- / 4w

16 (8) Noah Cyrus – July
    Chart Run: *3*-8-16- / 3w

17 (16) Katja Krasavice – Gucci Girl
    Chart Run: *16*-17- / 2w

18 (11) Banks – Gimme
    Chart Run: 16-23-Out-RE *5*-8-9-11-18- / 7w

19 (12) Sabrina Carpenter – In My Bed
    Chart Run: 13-*5*-8-7-14-12-19- / 7w

20 (13) Freya Ridings – Lost Without You
    Chart Run: 36-34-Out-RE 15-*11*-13-20- / 6w

21 (15) Iggy Azalea – Sally Walker
    Chart Run: 28-40-Out-RE 14-*12*-15-21- / 6w

22 (21) Avril Lavigne – I Fell In Love With The Devil
    Chart Run: 7-*6*-10-9-16-21-22- / 7w

23 (30) Blair St. Clair – Easy Love
    Chart Run: *7*-21-35-30-23- / 5w

24 (20) Keiino – Praying
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-10-15-20-24- / 8w

25 (NEW) YEBBA – Where Do You Go
    Chart Run: *25*- / 1w

26 (29) Lana Del Rey – Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have – But I Have It
    Chart Run: *2*-10-17-21-30-Out-RE 29-26- / 7w

27 (RE) Monique Heart – Brown Cow Stunning
    Chart Run: *4*-5-13-16-19-26-17-30-33-Out-RE 27- / 10w

28 (19) Banks – Contaminated
    Chart Run: *9*-11-13-19-28- / 5w

29 (22) Kygo & Whitney Houston – Higher Love
    Chart Run: 25-27-23-*20*-22-29- / 6w

30 (33) Ester Peony – On A Sunday
    Chart Run: *17*-17-19-21-19-22-24-28-32-33-34-33-30- / 13w

31 (26) Miley Cyrus – Mother’s Daughter *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-9-18-20-17-23-26-31- / 11w

32 (28) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky *P*
    Chart Run: 14-22-36-34-4-*1*-2-2-3-8-12-17-22-29-31-28-32- / 17w

33 (RE) RuPaul feat. Monique Heart, Monet X Change, Naomi Smalls & Trinity The Tuck – Super Queen
    Chart Run: *1*-2-9-18-29-34-Out-RE 37-36-Out-RE 33- / 9w

34 (25) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles
    Chart Run: 18-Out-RE 25-22-21-*11*-13-18-25-34- / 9w

35 (27) P!nk feat. Wrabel – 90 Days
    Chart Run: *5*-8-12-18-20-22-27-35- / 8w

36 (NEW) Katy Perry – Small Talk
    Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (6) Ariana Grande & Social House – Boyfriend
    Chart Run: *6*-37- / 2w

38 (23) Lana Del Rey – Doin’ Time
    Chart Run: 11-7-*4*-6-15-32-Out-RE 23-38- / 8w

39 (24) Of Monsters And Men – Alligator
    Chart Run: *17*-24-39- / 3w

40 (31) Lauv feat. Anne-Marie – ****, I’m Lonely
    Chart Run: *31*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
    Out (32) Beatrice Egli – Rock mis Härz (7w)
    Out (34) Zara Larsson – All The Time (7w)
    Out (35) Tove Lo feat. Alma – Bad As The Boys (1w)
    Out (36) Michela – Chameleon *P* (17w)
    Out (37) Babymetal – Pa Pa Ya!! (6w)
    Out (38) Inna – Te Vas (8w)
    Out (39) Felix Jaehn feat. Calum Scott – Love On Myself (6w)
    Out (40) Tamta – Replay *P* (20w)

New certifications
    “Spirit In The Sky” by Keiino goes PLATINUM (400+ points)

Click here for the Certification
    Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 13:46

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Tori Kelly – Inspired By True Events
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (3) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-3-2-2-1-1-1-2-5-4-3-2- / 15w

3 (1) Of Monsters And Men – Fever Dream
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3- / 3w

4 (2) Banks – III
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-2-4- / 5w

5 (5) Julia Michaels – Inner Monologue Part 2
    Chart Run: 9-Out-RE 16-13-8-*5*-5- / 6w

6 (8) Sabrina Carpenter – Singular Act II
    Chart Run: *4*-6-8-6- / 4w

7 (6) Freya Ridings – Freya Ridings
    Chart Run: 7-*5*-6-7- / 4w

8 (4) Skillet – Victorious
    Chart Run: *4*-8- / 2w

9 (7) Iggy Azalea – In My Defense
    Chart Run: *2*-3-7-9- / 4w

10 (10) Sabaton – The Great War
    Chart Run: *3*-7-10-10- / 4w

11 (20) Within Temptation – Resist *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20-Out-RE 16-13-8-7-11-15-9-8-14-19-20-11- / 26w

12 (9) Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-4-6-10-10-9-12- / 11w

13 (12) Eurovision Song Contest 2019 *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5-2-1-1-2-3-3-3-5-7-10-15-15-12-13- / 17w

14 (11) Anette Olzon – Shine *7xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 12-14-11-8-7-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 10-10-9-9-4-6-15-17-Out-RE 5-12-14-20-Out-RE 15-19-Out-RE 14-12-10-13-16-Out-RE 18-9-11-14- / 120w

15 (RE) Kerli – Shadow Works *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14-17-16-13-14-7-8-13-16-14-19-Out-RE 15- / 22w

16 (13) Ed Sheeran – No.6 Collaborations Project
    Chart Run: *3*-6-12-13-16- / 5w

17 (16) Poppy – Choke EP
    Chart Run: *4*-8-9-11-16-16-17- / 7w

18 (15) Mark Ronson – Late Night Feelings
    Chart Run: *7*-12-10-12-20-17-15-18- / 8w

19 (14) Kylie Minogue – Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection
    Chart Run: 7-*3*-5-8-11-14-19- / 7w

20 (17) Adel Tawil – Alles lebt
    Chart Run: 8-11-*6*-7-12-13-17-20- / 8w

Out of Top20
    Out (18) Will Young – Lexicon (7w)
    Out (19) Lil Nas X – 7 (7w)

New certifications
    none

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 13:47

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (1) Julia Michaels – Body
    Chart Run: 10-*1*-1-1-1-1- / 6w

2 (3) Sabrina Carpenter – Looking At Me
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Tori Kelly – Coffee
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) Taylor Swift – The Archer
    Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Alessia Cara – Rooting For You
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Miranda Lambert – Mess With My Head
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (NEW) Mike Posner feat. Wiz Khalifa – Prince Akeem
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (5) Iggy Azalea – Comme des garçons
    Chart Run: *4*-7-5-8- / 4w

9 (6) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-9-6-5-4-7-8-4-6-9- / 15w

10 (NEW) Eliane – This Time
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 14:50

At least some unusual music video for Tarja's song.

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 14:50

Quite surprised to discover that Sabaton has been charting for a month already in the top 10
    Last edited by heppolo; Fri August 16th, 2019 at 14:53.

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 15:57

"The Archer" is really beautiful and would have been a sure Top10 entry if she wouldn't have said it's not even going to be a promo single (and therefor I didn't allow it on my main chart).
    I'm confused. Isn't that exactly what it is?
    "The Archer" is a song by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift from her upcoming seventh studio album Lover (2019). It was written and produced by Swift and Jack Antonoff. The song was released as the first promotional single from the album on July 23, 2019.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archer_(song)

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 17:57

At least some unusual music video for Tarja's song.
    True. But I don't feel this video at all. She has to step up her game again.

Quite surprised to discover that Sabaton has been charting for a month already in the top 10
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying "The Great War" a lot.

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 18:03

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    I'm confused. Isn't that exactly what it is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archer_(song)
    I don't know. I read somewhere that it's not meant to be a single or so. I just found this: https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...eo-1203277338/

“It’s not the next single, it’s just a song I love on the album,” she said in an Instagram Live video chat. “I know that can be confusing with the songs that come out. I haven’t made a video for it or anything. It’s just a glimpse into another side of the album I wanted to show you”
    By saying that she obviously doesn't deny that it's a promo single so we can still see it as one, but I've decided not to see it as a (promo) single two weeks ago and stand by that. Sometimes it's really difficult to categorize songs as album tracks, promo singles, proper singles or whatever they are nowadays, maybe I need to move away from that when it comes to my chart.

Legend
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 18:16

Nice format, and good climbs for Ava Max and Jax Jones.

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 17:57

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Nice format, and good climbs for Ava Max and Jax Jones.
    Thanks for coming by & thank you!

Glad you're enjoying the new tunes by Ava Max & Jax Jones as well

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Fri August 23rd, 2019, 20:15

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen events, I won't be able to post this week's update before Sunday evening or even Monday.

However, as a little teaser: It looks like it's going to be a very busy chart, especially for the Singles Top40. It's likely to see nearly half of the Top40 being new or re-entries!

From all these new entries, the following ones are currently battling for the top spot:

If someone likes to get teased, I'll already post the Top5 on the UKmixPARADE topic later today.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

by » Sat August 24th, 2019, 11:18

Similarly my new chart is looking set to have quite the clear out thanks to batch of new releases over the last week.

Legend
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

by » Mon August 26th, 2019, 06:10

Similarly my new chart is looking set to have quite the clear out thanks to batch of new releases over the last week.
    It's a really busy time at the moment and I'm loving that