Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4773

Thread: My Charts - week 49 - a Christmas Romance

Superstar
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

by » Thu June 1st, 2017, 20:38

Hey Tansike

Aww, i didn't realise you had tickets for the Ariana concert that was scheduled for next Monday in Manchester. The tragic events that unfolded really sent shockwaves across the globe. I found out about what happened on the Tuesday morning watching the news and i was just gobsmacked, disbelieved, upset, numbness, shocked, angry, i felt so many different emotions all at once. What made the whole thing so much worse was the fact that the bomber had purposely targeted young girls. I think that's what people found so sickening. I saw how the people of Manchester all came together, like an even greater bond of unity i hadn't ever really seen before. Maybe it was always there, but it was definitely highlighted.

Now we've got the One love Manchester concert this Sunday and i'm astonished and in awe at all the big names in music who have taken time out of their own busy schedules to come to Manchester and take part. I hope you will be able to watch the concert in Switzerland. I hope this concert will only further help unite people in ways never before seen, we can at least hope for that at least. <3

1 (RE) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*

As you've probably already seen from my avatar, One last time was propelled up to #1 in my chart following what happened at Ariana's Manchester concert. I now feel like this song lyrically at least has a whole new meaning to the song. It's fascinating how one tragic event can turn things round and create new meanings, and that's what i've felt when i've been listening to One last time over the last week.

I was really hoping the single would climb into the UK top 10 tomorrow but it looks like Ariana is destined to stall at #11 for another week ( :x ) but i am hoping Ariana might open the concert on Sunday with One last time and if possible come back on stage at the end of the night and perform the song again, but this time perform the acoustic piano version. It would be the most magical moment if that were to happen. I also think its a lovely gesture allowing all those who attended the concert last Monday will get free tickets to this concert on Sunday.

What a line up as well. Ariana, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Niall Horan, Miley Cyrus. It's like they've been studying the JakeP Top 20 and picked the artists who have had success. But in all seriousness i admire everyone for how they've come together in such a bold yet beautiful way.

3 (2) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls

Not sure if you've had chance to check out my latest chart but Lindsey made it! Enters at #16 in my latest chart.

4 (4) Miley Cyrus – Malibu

Poor Miley. Malibu wold've comfortably been #1 a second week in my chart had that disgusting terror attack not happened. Still, one week at #1 is still an amazing result especially considering my turnover of new chart toppers is quite frequent anyways.

6 (NEW) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish

Well, i like this more than Bon appétit so imo it's a step in the right direction but oddly enough it's Nicki Minaj who sells this song better for me. The chorus is a let down because it's not really a chorus as such, but yet its somehow catchy! I just want Katy to go back to making pure unashamed pop music.

7 (30) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK

Wow! What a big climb. It entered my chart at #18 but i think the music video is really good. I found the idea of James Blunt acting really funny, i never had him down as a convincing actor but he pulls it off. This could well climb to a new peak in my next chart.

13 (NEW) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling

I think if Carly wants to score another hit single, she needs to go all out with a great music video. Call me maybe was such a popular song and then I really like you was also a big success thanks to the Tom Hanks cameo which undoubtably helped to sell the single. Cut to the feeling is a good track, looking set to enter my chart on Saturday.

14 (22) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club

Camila is so annoying! :x Crying in the club could've been so so amazing but what annoys me is the way Camila pronounces some of the lyrics. Her diction is terrible at times and she sounds like she forgot the words so just makes up words as she goes along! That's why this "only" got to #13 in my chart last Saturday. I say "only" because i know this is pop perfection and it could still peak high once i get over the dreadful english.

17 (NEW) Rita Ora – Your Song

I like Rita but her music has been quite hit n' miss for me. Her two biggest successes in my chart were Black widow and Doing it but she was the featured artist. Her own singles tend to fair worse, and Your song doesn't really help. It sounds like many of those tropical pop songs that have been flavour of the month since 2015. Looking likely to enter my chart but i doubt it'll enter high.

25 (NEW) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck

Maybe it's because i'm already so familiar with Miley, i kinda feel like Noah is always going to come off as second best, not good enough to rival her older sister. But i heard a short clip on I'm stuck and it left me intrigued. Granted, i've still checked out the whole song yet but maybe this song could become a success in my chart although possibly in the coming weeks.

33 (NEW) Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You

Aww, i really wanted to love this. Gorgeous Martin Garrix following the mighty Scared to be lonely and Troye Sivan just being his lovely self was the perfect combo on paper. Then i checked out There for you and i was a bit disappointed. The verse in the song are great and the chorus is good but that drop in the song is just so by-numbers and sounds so lazy. I wanted this song to give me life and it failed to. It might possibly scrape into my top 20 but if it does it will be low down. Definitely a poor track compared to some of the songs both artists have released over these last two years.

34 (27) Niall Horan – Slow Hands
    35 (20) Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down

Well, at least the better One Direction related solo single is higher this week.

40 (NEW) Nick Jonas feat. Anne-Marie & Mike Posner – Remember I Told You

Hmm, i'm still not overly sure about this. Maybe i need to give it more listens but this song hasn't really done anything for me so far. Even more remarkable considering Nick has had a couple of big hits in my chart, and both Anne-Marie and Mike Posner have been #1 for me. This just seems to be lacking something.

Legend
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

by » Fri June 2nd, 2017, 21:04

39 (21) Kerli & Illenium – Sound Of Walking Away
    Chart Run: *1*-7-18-21-39- / 5w
    At least Kerli found the time to promote her Estonian pal
    IIRIS - Stranger
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Thu June 8th, 2017, 01:50

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    Haha… well I’m not the guy for ‘meetups’ More the boring one with dates and so on
    AKA you wanna get a meal out of it too ;) Fair enough. What's your idea of a perfect date?

I’ll check these two out once I’m back home – let’s see if I’ll still remember them after all these years…
    No rush! I totally (shamefully) forgot about "Money And The Ego" anyway (which I'd definitely rank above "Worldly Matters.")

I think it already aired in the US. They even invited Justin Timberlake last year and already thought about letting the US take part as well.

I hope so. And while it’s a really good thing for her to do that benefit concert on sunday now, it makes it even more bitter that she cancelled some dates in countries where she never was before. I even had to send my tickets back now, which means there are no new dates planned yet.
    Really? I had NO idea! I'd love to see the US get on board (but I won't hold my breath...)

Aw, so you have no idea when you might get another chance to see her? :(

Maybe they will still release a video for it? I’ve read some rumors that she already shot one, not sure if they are correct though. Anyways, it becomes more usual to have some ‘messy’ single releases. Selena’s “Bad Liar” seems to be another one as she just said that it’s just a stand alone single :/
    Yeah :( I guess "buzz singles" became such a joke/cliché, now they're becoming "standalone singles" instead It could also be a sign of the times, with less of an emphasis on getting out a full album in the age of streaming.

Didn’t expect to hear that but YASSS at you liking “Herzbeben”! Is it available in the US or how did you listen to it? There’s no video on youtube so far and she’s like the german Adele when it comes to Spotify, only a few songs are on there.

she’s using ‘beben’ (=quake) instead of ‘schlag’ (=beat) which would make more sense, that’s also why she’s singing ‘let it tremble’ instead of ‘let it beat’
    And that’s probably not the best translation but I tried my best. I think it’s actually a stupid song lyrically
    I was able to find an unofficial upload of the audio - unless that's not the actual song!

Many thanks for the translation! Her wordplay seems kind of cute/clever (and it explains why Google Translate didn't know what to do with "Herzbeben.")

I think I have to disappoint you, but I even prefer “Falling Down” to “Bad Liar”. “Falling Down” was my bop back then #teenguiltypleasure It was also a big success on my charts, peaking at #2 and spending 18 weeks on there – and back then I only made a Top10! Anyways, as I wrote above, it seems to be just a stand alone track so no new lead single. Kinda weird then but I won’t complain
    Ha, well...I guess that kind of appreciation for "Falling Down" further cements your status as a true (and long-time) Selena stan!

Kinda agree with “Strip That Down”, definitely a nice pop track after all. Harry’s song may be better musically, but has a smaller replay value IMO. I’m excited for the video too – for obvious reasons
    Too outraged to even talk about that video now, tbh. :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 (RE) Ariana Grande – One Last Time [b]
    2 (1) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
    8 (3) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
    11 (RE) Ariana Grande – Into You *P*
    16 (11) Lady GaGa – The Cure
    20 (RE) Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
    22 (13) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit
    24 (29) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G*
    27 (RE) Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free *3xP*
    28 (31) Kerli – Spirit Animal *P*
    30 (RE) Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side *P*
    • Putting "One Last Time" on top right now is a really touching gesture <3 A sweet sign of love and support for the victims, their loved ones, and Ari herself.
    • I haven't downloaded "Swish Swish", since I plan on picking up Witness on Friday - but based on the clips I've heard, I can see myself getting into it.
    • Aw. "Cut To The Feeling" couldn't cut it when it comes to your Top 10? :(
    • Poor Rita's career really seemed to derail after her breakup with Calvin :-? Granted, she hadn't managed to score a big hit in the US even before that, but her UK chart appeal dipped pretty abruptly.
    • Ouch @ that debut for "There For You" Martin seems to be disappointing you more and more with each successive single! Has Troye ever made much of an impact here?
    • "Remember I Told You" has some promising parts to it (including two of the fittest men in the biz) - but for some reason, it hasn't really hooked me.

Yet another chart that won't be the last time you hear from me, Tansike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 8th, 2017, 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Hey Tansike

Aww, i didn't realise you had tickets for the Ariana concert that was scheduled for next Monday in Manchester. The tragic events that unfolded really sent shockwaves across the globe. I found out about what happened on the Tuesday morning watching the news and i was just gobsmacked, disbelieved, upset, numbness, shocked, angry, i felt so many different emotions all at once. What made the whole thing so much worse was the fact that the bomber had purposely targeted young girls. I think that's what people found so sickening. I saw how the people of Manchester all came together, like an even greater bond of unity i hadn't ever really seen before. Maybe it was always there, but it was definitely highlighted.

Now we've got the One love Manchester concert this Sunday and i'm astonished and in awe at all the big names in music who have taken time out of their own busy schedules to come to Manchester and take part. I hope you will be able to watch the concert in Switzerland. I hope this concert will only further help unite people in ways never before seen, we can at least hope for that at least. <3
    Hey Jake

…in Zurich (Switzerland), not Manchester. But i guess you meant it correctly, you just typed in the wrong place It was the first thing I found out that tuesday morning because my iPhone was just beside me and I always take a look on it as the first thing I do in the morning while still lying in bed, and I got a push-up message from a news site which said what happened, and I was so, so shocked. It took me 30 minutes till I was finally able to go up...

Have you watched the One Love Manchester concert? I didn’t watch the whole thing, but a few minutes and also checked out a few performances afterwards and it looked like this was such a great concert, and also a great thing to do after what happened.

1 (RE) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*

As you've probably already seen from my avatar, One last time was propelled up to #1 in my chart following what happened at Ariana's Manchester concert. I now feel like this song lyrically at least has a whole new meaning to the song. It's fascinating how one tragic event can turn things round and create new meanings, and that's what i've felt when i've been listening to One last time over the last week.

I was really hoping the single would climb into the UK top 10 tomorrow but it looks like Ariana is destined to stall at #11 for another week ( :x ) but i am hoping Ariana might open the concert on Sunday with One last time and if possible come back on stage at the end of the night and perform the song again, but this time perform the acoustic piano version. It would be the most magical moment if that were to happen. I also think its a lovely gesture allowing all those who attended the concert last Monday will get free tickets to this concert on Sunday.

What a line up as well. Ariana, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Niall Horan, Miley Cyrus. It's like they've been studying the JakeP Top 20 and picked the artists who have had success. But in all seriousness i admire everyone for how they've come together in such a bold yet beautiful way.
    I also already saw your charts last week so I knew this was your #1 then. And while you were nearly right with the song stalling at #11 again (it was #12 iirc), it looks like it will be at #2 this week now following her performance in Manchester. And gosh, that performance was so, so good. This song basically became her ‘classic’ due to all these tragic things. And as you say, the lyrics seem completely different now than they were prior the terrorist attacks. I mean, ‘one last time I need to be the one who takes you home’

Oh yeah, lots of artists which do well on your charts I thought they line-up looked a bit ‘random’, but I guess it wasn’t easy to get artists to join this so fast. It all happened within a week or so. I’m very glad they did it.

Not sure if you've had chance to check out my latest chart but Lindsey made it! Enters at #16 in my latest chart.
    I’ve seen it And I was obviously very happy about that. I know you already said it may debut on your charts a week ago but it was still surprising. I think it’s even her first song on your charts, isn’t it?

Poor Miley. Malibu wold've comfortably been #1 a second week in my chart had that disgusting terror attack not happened. Still, one week at #1 is still an amazing result especially considering my turnover of new chart toppers is quite frequent anyways.
    Even one week at #1 on your charts is still better than none on mine though I think she won’t reach the top spot with this on my charts, which would make “Malibu” her first ever song not to reach #1

Well, i like this more than Bon appétit so imo it's a step in the right direction but oddly enough it's Nicki Minaj who sells this song better for me. The chorus is a let down because it's not really a chorus as such, but yet its somehow catchy! I just want Katy to go back to making pure unashamed pop music.
    What do you think about the pre-chorus? It’s my most favorite part of the song and it’s a shame it only appears twice. Anyways, it’s currently too early to me to say if I prefer this to “Bon Appétit” but it’s another good pop track which grew on me and it will also rise on the charts this week. Can’t wait for “Witness” tomorrow

7 (30) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK

Wow! What a big climb. It entered my chart at #18 but i think the music video is really good. I found the idea of James Blunt acting really funny, i never had him down as a convincing actor but he pulls it off. This could well climb to a new peak in my next chart.
    Haven’t seen the video yet, I guess I need to watch it then? The song is somehow really good. The intro and outro are a bit like “Faded” but overall I’m very surprised by this. Always liking it a lot when I listen to it, so it would be nice to see this becoming a hit on your charts as well

I think if Carly wants to score another hit single, she needs to go all out with a great music video. Call me maybe was such a popular song and then I really like you was also a big success thanks to the Tom Hanks cameo which undoubtably helped to sell the single. Cut to the feeling is a good track, looking set to enter my chart on Saturday.
    Hmmm… not really sure there. I think “I Really Like You” also benefited a lot from being the new lead track by the CMM-singer. She basically still had that CMM-hype somehow, at least I felt like it was that way. A shame she’s not more successful. “Run Away With Me” not being a hit is still such a crime, and with “Cut To The Feeling” she proves once again that she knows how to do good pop music.

Camila is so annoying! :x Crying in the club could've been so so amazing but what annoys me is the way Camila pronounces some of the lyrics. Her diction is terrible at times and she sounds like she forgot the words so just makes up words as she goes along! That's why this "only" got to #13 in my chart last Saturday. I say "only" because i know this is pop perfection and it could still peak high once i get over the dreadful english.
    YESS I don’t like her AT ALL somehow and got get the hype around her, though I have to admit that “Crying In The Club” is a nice guilty pleasure

I like Rita but her music has been quite hit n' miss for me. Her two biggest successes in my chart were Black widow and Doing it but she was the featured artist. Her own singles tend to fair worse, and Your song doesn't really help. It sounds like many of those tropical pop songs that have been flavour of the month since 2015. Looking likely to enter my chart but i doubt it'll enter high.
    I had no idea these were her two biggest hits on your charts, especially the latter is quite a surprising one. You never really liked “I Will Never Let You Down”? I really like “Your Song”, it’s still kinda fresh to me.

25 (NEW) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck

Maybe it's because i'm already so familiar with Miley, i kinda feel like Noah is always going to come off as second best, not good enough to rival her older sister. But i heard a short clip on I'm stuck and it left me intrigued. Granted, i've still checked out the whole song yet but maybe this song could become a success in my chart although possibly in the coming weeks.
    To be fair all the stuff Noah released so far is also not something which is ‘really good’, to say the least. “I’m Stuck” goes into the right direction though, and it’s easily the best thing she’s done so far for me. So I hope it will be similar for you

Aww, i really wanted to love this. Gorgeous Martin Garrix following the mighty Scared to be lonely and Troye Sivan just being his lovely self was the perfect combo on paper. Then i checked out There for you and i was a bit disappointed. The verse in the song are great and the chorus is good but that drop in the song is just so by-numbers and sounds so lazy. I wanted this song to give me life and it failed to. It might possibly scrape into my top 20 but if it does it will be low down. Definitely a poor track compared to some of the songs both artists have released over these last two years.
    Same… I was excited to hear this but it’s actually much weaker than I was hoping for. Hopefully a grower for both of us

Well, at least the better One Direction related solo single is higher this week.

Hmm, i'm still not overly sure about this. Maybe i need to give it more listens but this song hasn't really done anything for me so far. Even more remarkable considering Nick has had a couple of big hits in my chart, and both Anne-Marie and Mike Posner have been #1 for me. This just seems to be lacking something.
    Well considering the debut at #40 it’s probably easy to guess that i feel exactly the same like you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 8th, 2017, 13:35

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    Chart Run: *1*-7-18-21-39- / 5w
    At least Kerli found the time to promote her Estonian pal
    IIRIS - Stranger
    That's actually a nice song Kerli should better promote her own stuff though

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    AKA you wanna get a meal out of it too ;) Fair enough. What's your idea of a perfect date?
    Haha true

Dinner, cinema, and maybe a drink afterwards. That’s it. Okay, sounds quite simple. What's also important is the atmosphere has to be the right one as well. Funny enough I had something I would name ‘perfect date’ just a very few weeks ago and it was incredible <3

No rush! I totally (shamefully) forgot about "Money And The Ego" anyway (which I'd definitely rank above "Worldly Matters.")
    So I checked them out and I still remembered “Sour Candy”, but not the other one… need to check out “Money And The Ego” once I’m having some time at home as I’m currently back at work and I can’t check it out here

Really? I had NO idea! I'd love to see the US get on board (but I won't hold my breath...)

Aw, so you have no idea when you might get another chance to see her? :(
    Well the question is if it would be a good idea or not. It’s called ‘Eurovision Song Contest’. They could create something like ‘World Song Contest’ or so…

Yes. But that’s okay for now. It would be too expensive anyway for the moment as I bought tickets for Katy Perry, Lena and Banks plus I’ll buy tickets for Zara Larsson which will be available tomorrow Plus i spent way too much money on some other stuff lately like a new laptop, a short trip to Amsterdam... and i'm getting a new appartement next week, so i still need to buy some stuff for that

Yeah :( I guess "buzz singles" became such a joke/cliché, now they're becoming "standalone singles" instead It could also be a sign of the times, with less of an emphasis on getting out a full album in the age of streaming.
    Yeah that may be it. I would completely understand some of the artists though if they decide to just release singles instead of full albums. I mean, album sales are so bad lately, it’s really a question if it’s still worth to spend all the money to record so many songs…

I was able to find an unofficial upload of the audio - unless that's not the actual song!

Many thanks for the translation! Her wordplay seems kind of cute/clever (and it explains why Google Translate didn't know what to do with "Herzbeben.")
    It’s basically the correct song, but with wrong vocals. Her voice is really different there, due to copyright problems. But they will release some remixes tomorrow so I hope they will release an official video soon as well so you can hear the right one. Strange how there are still some artists not putting their stuff on youtube, especially when they’re so popular…

Ha, well...I guess that kind of appreciation for "Falling Down" further cements your status as a true (and long-time) Selena stan!
    True :cool: And it was her first song to bop too… ah good old times <3

Too outraged to even talk about that video now, tbh. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I know! What a disappointing video

• Putting "One Last Time" on top right now is a really touching gesture <3 A sweet sign of love and support for the victims, their loved ones, and Ari herself.
    • I haven't downloaded "Swish Swish", since I plan on picking up Witness on Friday - but based on the clips I've heard, I can see myself getting into it.
    • Aw. "Cut To The Feeling" couldn't cut it when it comes to your Top 10? :(
    • Poor Rita's career really seemed to derail after her breakup with Calvin :-? Granted, she hadn't managed to score a big hit in the US even before that, but her UK chart appeal dipped pretty abruptly.
    • Ouch @ that debut for "There For You" Martin seems to be disappointing you more and more with each successive single! Has Troye ever made much of an impact here?
    • "Remember I Told You" has some promising parts to it (including two of the fittest men in the biz) - but for some reason, it hasn't really hooked me.

Yet another chart that won't be the last time you hear from me, Tansike!
    The song really hit me again. It’s such a great tune and I already loved it when she released her second album, and also when she released the underrated video. Now with all these tragic things it also got a new meaning and I re-discovered my love for it.

It’s another great pop tune by Katy. She’s having a good run right now, even if all songs took some time until I really liked them. Can’t wait for “Witness” tomorrow (it just leaked, but I’m waiting another 16 hours until I will listen to it…)

No, unfortunately not. It’s a good pop song though, and most likely will stay on the charts for some weeks.

What do you think about Rita’s new song? It’s really good IMO and I’m glad that it looks like she’s getting a hit with it

He’s not disappointing me… he never had an entry prior “In The Name Of Love”, so that debut for “There For You” is still a nice position for him and he has yet to become an artist i look forward to when he releases new stuff. Troye’s biggest hit is “Wild”, which peaked at #18 and stayed 4 weeks on the charts, so he has yet to score a really big hit. Do you like Troye? Does he have a good discography on your charts?

I’m usually only here for men but Anne-Marie looks great as well, so all three involved artists are eye candy IMO, and all of them already delivered some great stuff lately, which makes “Remember I Told You” even more disappointing… :(

Thanks a lot

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 8th, 2017, 13:37

thanks so much for all comments

week 23/2017 – 8 june 2017 Lena & Halsey

• Singles Top40

Another week, another number one. This weeks top hit came as a quite big surprise, as the song got released on tuesday evening, and it’s a song called “If I Wasn’t Your Daughter”, by german pop singer Lena. The singer is currently part of a very popular german TV show where several artists sing the songs by other artists from that show, and on tuesday it was Lena’s night, with other artists performing songs from her discography, but she also performed this brand new track by herself, which got released alongside its performance. The song becomes her fourth top hit following “Satellite” (2010), “Traffic Lights” (2015) and “Beat To My Melody” (2016), and her tenth chart entry overall.

Overall it wasn’t the busiest week when it comes to new entries, as there are five new arrivals in the Top40 this week, and most of them are also quite low. The second highest debut comes in at #13 and is called “Down”, the new single by Fifth Harmony. It’s their first release without Camila Cabello, who is currently one spot above her former band as her solo debut “Crying In The Club” is up 14-12 this week. Speaking of Camila, she’s one of three featuring artists (alongside Travis Scott and Quavo) on “Know No Better”, the newest release by Major Lazer, which enters the charts at #37. The other two new arrivals are “The Only High” by The Veronicas (#30) and Lorde’s “Perfect Places” (#40). There are also two re-entries, both being back on the charts due to new albums. Well, Shakira’s album “El Dorado” already came out a week ago, but “Chantaje” only re-enters the charts now (#36), while Halsey’s “Now Or Never” benefits a lot from her newly released “hopeless fountain kingdom”, and goes straight back into the Top10 at #9.

Most of the Top10 seems quite stable this week. Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish” improves 6-2, Lindsey Stirling’s “Lost Girls” dips 3-4, followed by Helene Fischer’s “Herzbeben” (2-5), Marina Kaye’s “On My Own” (5-6), Miley Cyrus’ “Malibu” (4-7) and Robin Schulz’ “OK” (7-8), while Ariana Grande owns two entries there this week as “One Last Time” (1-3) is getting joined by “Into You” (11-10).

Just outside the Top10 is Rita Ora. The singer increases 17-11 with her newest release “Your Song”, surpassing the peaks of her previous two singles “Body On Me” (#15) and “Poison” (#13). “I Will Never Let You Down” remains her highest peaking chart hit as a lead artist, as it peaked at #8 exactly three years ago and got certified with Gold, while the number one single “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea remains her highest charting track overall. Selena Gomez’ “Bad Liar” (8-15) shockingly leaves the Top10 after just two weeks, while the ESC entries “City Lights” by Blanche (10-16) and “Fly With Me” by Artsvik (9-17) are having quite big drops as well. Noah Cyrus gets her first Top20 hit as “I’m Stuck” improves 25-18. Meanwhile, Lady GaGa’s “The Cure” leaves the upper half for the first time but gets certified with Gold this week (16-22).

Noah Cyrus’ “I’m Stuck” and Ariana Grande’s “Break Free” (27-20) are the biggest climbers while Svala’s “Paper” falls down 26-39 as the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (6) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
    Chart Run: 6-*2*- / 1w

3 (1) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-10-8-9-11-9-6-5-10-13-14-21-24-27-22-25-28-31-34-36-Out-RE 1-3- / 26w

4 (3) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4- / 4w

5 (2) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
    Chart Run: *1*-2-5- / 3w

6 (5) Marina Kaye – On My Own
    Chart Run: 8-*5*-6- / 3w

7 (4) Miley Cyrus – Malibu
    Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7- / 4w

8 (7) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
    Chart Run: 30-*7*-8- / 3w

9 (RE) Halsey – Now Or Never
    Chart Run: 7-*3*-3-8-17-36-Out-RE 9- / 7w

10 (11) Ariana Grande – Into You *P*
    Chart Run: 2-6-2-*1*-3-4-7-9-11-15-21-23-26-27-38-Out-RE 15-37-Out-RE 11-10- / 19w

11 (17) Rita Ora – Your Song
    Chart Run: 17-*11*- / 2w

12 (14) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
    Chart Run: 22-14-*12*- / 3w

13 (NEW) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (13) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
    Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (8) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
    Chart Run: *3*-8-15- / 3w

16 (10) Blanche – City Lights
    Chart Run: 13-10-6-*4*-6-10-16- / 7w

17 (9) Artsvik – Fly With Me
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-9-17- / 6w

18 (25) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
    Chart Run: 25-*18*- / 2w

19 (12) Alma – Requiem
    Chart Run: 6-9-*5*-5-7-12-19- / 7w

20 (27) Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free *3xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-3-2-3-5-6-8-11-15-14-7-8-11-7-7-9-12-7-13-12-15-16-14-17-18-21-23-28-29-27-32-32-31-28-32-35-Out-RE 27-20- / 47w

21 (22) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit
    Chart Run: 39-*2*-8-13-22-21- / 6w

22 (16) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-10-11-16-22- / 8w

23 (20) Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
    Chart Run: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23- / 8w

24 (15) Dihaj – Skeletons
    Chart Run: 19-*3*-6-9-15-24- / 6w

25 (18) Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye
    Chart Run: 17-*11*-12-14-20-12-18-25- / 8w

26 (19) Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
    Chart Run: 5-*4*-7-10-19-26- / 6w

27 (21) Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma
    Chart Run: *14*-14-21-27- / 4w

28 (33) Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You
    Chart Run: 33-*28*- / 2w

29 (23) Kygo & Ellie Goulding – First Time
    Chart Run: *3*-8-15-18-23-29- / 6w

30 (NEW) The Veronicas – The Only High
    Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (24) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G*
    Chart Run: *3*-5-5-4-7-14-17-23-34-39-Out-RE 29-24-31- / 13w

32 (34) Niall Horan – Slow Hands
    Chart Run: *15*-26-27-34-32- / 5w

33 (28) Kerli – Spirit Animal *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-4-4-5-10-11-7-4-2-3-8-11-5-6-10-9-18-20-27-31-28-33- / 25w

34 (35) Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down
    Chart Run: *20*-35-34- / 3w

35 (32) Lucie Jones – Never Give Up On You
    Chart Run: *16*-23-32-35- / 4w

36 (RE) Shakira feat. Maluma – Chantaje
    Chart Run: *5*-14-16-22-Out-RE 36- / 5w

37 (NEW) Major Lazer feat. Travis Scott, Camila Cabello & Quavo – Know No Better
    Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (31) Anja – Where I Am
    Chart Run: 27-*19*-24-31-38- / 5w

39 (26) Svala – Paper
    Chart Run: *10*-11-15-26-39- / 5w

40 (NEW) Lorde – Perfect Places
    Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
    Out (29) Duygu Goenel – Passenger (4w)
    Out (30) Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – Side To Side *P* (16w)
    Out (36) Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On (4w)
    Out (37) Beatrice Egli – Federleicht *G* (15w)
    Out (38) Slavko Kalezi? – Space (4w)
    Out (39) Kerli & Illenium – Sound Of Walking Away (5w)
    Out (40) Nick Jonas feat. Anne-Marie & Mike Posner – Remember I Told You (1w)

• Album Top20

It’s an exciting week for American singer-songwriter Halsey. While the singer already got two surprising debuts in 2015 with her “Room 93” EP (#5) and the debut album “Badlands” (#3), she’s able to outdo them both by debuting atop the Album Top20 now with her sophomore release “hopeless fountain kingdom”. The album got supported by the lead single “Now Or Never”, which is by far her highest peaking and most successful song to date, so a good debut was expected. Her releases didn’t show the best longevity in the past, so it will be interesting to see if “hopeless fountain kingdom” may be another surprise for the singer and eventually becomes her real breakthrough on my charts. She got a pretty huge debut though, as the album amassed over 250 plays since Friday, and together with the plays for “Now Or Never” it’s already the seventh most played album of 2017.

Aura’s “Can’t Steal The Music” (1-2) and Linkin Park’s “One More Light” (2-3) are still going on strong, but slip one spot each. Dua Lipa’s self-titled debut album finally got released and enters the charts at #4 as the second and already final debut of the week. The singer already got five entries on the singles charts, though none of them was able to re-enter the Top40 this week. Helene Fischer’s self-titled album stays at #5, Shakira’s “El Dorado” is down 4-6, Ariana Grande’s “Dangerous Woman” loses a few spots (3-8) while Jasmine Thompson’s “Wonderland” EP (7-9) and Alma’s “Ma peau aime” (9-10) decrease a bit as well. There’s one last album in the Top10, and that’s Lindsey Stirling’s “Brave Enough”, which recovers 11-7.

Christina Grimmie’s “Side B” EP dips 10-11 as one of three albums to leave the upper half, with the other two being Ariana Grande’s “My Everything” (6-14) and the compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 (8-15), both having quite big drops. Especially the latter may be surprising and it looks like this will be the least successful ESC compilation since 2011.

1 (NEW) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom

2 (1) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Linkin Park – One More Light
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3- / 3w

4 (NEW) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (5) Helene Fischer – Helene Fischer
    Chart Run: *3*-5-5- / 3w

6 (4) Shakira – El Dorado
    Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (11) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *2xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7- / 42w

8 (3) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-8-10-13-17-Out-RE 14-7-11-6-10-16-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 3-8- / 21w

9 (7) Jasmine Thompson – Wonderland EP
    Chart Run: *5*-7-9- / 3w

10 (9) Alma – Ma peau aime
    Chart Run: *2*-5-7-9-10- / 5w

11 (10) Christina Grimmie – Side B EP *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-2-6-10-11- / 7w

12 (13) Zara Larsson – So Good *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12- / 12w

13 (12) Ed Sheeran – ÷ *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-4-1-2-3-4-3-5-5-7-8-11-12-13- / 14w

14 (6) Ariana Grande – My Everything *2xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-6-9-12-15-17-17-16-9-10-9-9-6-7-7-10-5-4-4-7-8-6-3-3-6-11-10-13-14-16-13-16-16-15-Out-RE 6-14- / 39w

15 (8) Eurovision Song Contest 2017 *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-4-8-15- / 7w

16 (17) Pentatonix – PTX, Vol. IV – Classics
    Chart Run: *6*-12-20-16-10-13-14-17-16- / 9w

17 (16) Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1
    Chart Run: *8*-12-15-16-17- / 5w

18 (14) Loïc Nottet – Selfocracy *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-3-2-3-4-4-7-10-14-18- / 10w

19 (18) Lea Michele – Places
    Chart Run: *9*-17-Out-RE 17-18-19- / 5w

20 (15) Harry Styles – Harry Styles
    Chart Run: *6*-9-15-20- / 4w

Out of Top20
    Out (19) Various Artists – Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (5w)
    Out (20) Paramore – After Laughter (3w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 8th, 2017, 13:38

New certifications

GOLD
    Lady GaGa – The Cure [single]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Manager
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Sat June 10th, 2017, 21:52

Nice #1! I only just listened to it but can already say I like it much more than I like an average #1 on your chart.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Sun June 11th, 2017, 09:51

wasn't expecting to see 'SWISH SWISH' climbing this week. i am still unsure about the track, i think i like nicki's part the most (she is on fire lately!).

nice re-entry for 'chantaje'.

how's the 'wonderland ep' by jasmine thompson? saw it under 'new releases' on spotify the other day but still couldn't find time to listen to it properly.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Mon June 12th, 2017, 12:43

3 (1) Ariana Grande – One Last Time
    18 (25) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
    22 (16) Lady GaGa – The Cure
    30 (NEW) The Veronicas – The Only High
    33 (28) Kerli – Spirit Animal
    36 (RE) Shakira feat. Maluma – Chantaje
    40 (NEW) Lorde – Perfect Places

Katy needed that Number 1!

Malibu is still brilliant. So chilled!

That Selena song got quite old quick. I still kinda like it though.

The Veronicas one is decent but no where near as good as their last 2 singles sadly.

LORDE should be higher. It's a corker!

That Liam Payne song is horrendous
    #Pray4AL6

Legend
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

by » Mon June 12th, 2017, 12:54

Your top 3 is flawless! I wish "Herzbeben" would have been #3, though
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 03:00

Dinner, cinema, and maybe a drink afterwards. That’s it. Okay, sounds quite simple. What's also important is the atmosphere has to be the right one as well. Funny enough I had something I would name ‘perfect date’ just a very few weeks ago and it was incredible <3
    Aw. Classic.

Whaaat? An "incredible" date?! Details, plz!!!

Well the question is if it would be a good idea or not. It’s called ‘Eurovision Song Contest’. They could create something like ‘World Song Contest’ or so…

Yes. But that’s okay for now. It would be too expensive anyway for the moment as I bought tickets for Katy Perry, Lena and Banks plus I’ll buy tickets for Zara Larsson which will be available tomorrow Plus i spent way too much money on some other stuff lately like a new laptop, a short trip to Amsterdam... and i'm getting a new appartement next week, so i still need to buy some stuff for that
    Eh, if Australia can join in, might as well let us too.

Big spender! Congrats on the new apt!! Will you have it all to yourself, or with some roommates? Will it much closer/further to work?

Yeah that may be it. I would completely understand some of the artists though if they decide to just release singles instead of full albums. I mean, album sales are so bad lately, it’s really a question if it’s still worth to spend all the money to record so many songs…
    Yeah. I'll definitely miss albums (especially when there was a unifying theme to explore)...but I guess this could help artists avoid getting dropped as quickly (the label might be willing to still support their singles, but not fund an entire album.)

It’s basically the correct song, but with wrong vocals. Her voice is really different there, due to copyright problems. But they will release some remixes tomorrow so I hope they will release an official video soon as well so you can hear the right one. Strange how there are still some artists not putting their stuff on youtube, especially when they’re so popular…
    Whoops! I'd definitely appreciate if you could post a link to the proper version (if one ever gets uploaded.)

I know! What a disappointing video
    **Sigh** It wouldn't have been nearly as disappointing if he hadn't dropped that totally drool-worthy teaser clip a while back (leading people to make the reasonable assumption that it was part of the official video.) He's gone from one direction to sadistic misdirection. :x

It’s another great pop tune by Katy. She’s having a good run right now, even if all songs took some time until I really liked them. Can’t wait for “Witness” tomorrow (it just leaked, but I’m waiting another 16 hours until I will listen to it…)
    I wasn't able to get ahold of the album until Saturday, so I've only had a few days to digest it all, but so far "Swish Swish" has kept me coming back more than any of the other tracks that I hadn't heard before (though "Bigger Than Me" isn't TOO far behind it.) Both Katy's and Nicki's parts are really solid (speaking of: Nicki's rap feels longer than her usual guest appearances. I wonder how much extra that cost Katy...)

What do you think about Rita’s new song? It’s really good IMO and I’m glad that it looks like she’s getting a hit with it
    Well...aside from "I Will Never Let You Down", I've never gotten REALLY hooked on Rita's material...and it's looking like "Your Song" will fall in with that majority for me.

He’s not disappointing me… he never had an entry prior “In The Name Of Love”, so that debut for “There For You” is still a nice position for him and he has yet to become an artist i look forward to when he releases new stuff. Troye’s biggest hit is “Wild”, which peaked at #18 and stayed 4 weeks on the charts, so he has yet to score a really big hit. Do you like Troye? Does he have a good discography on your charts?
    Ha, sorry for being so negative I guess I was just noticing how his peaks have been on a decline since ITNOL.

I bought Troye's album a while back (early 2016)...but, IIIRC, I picked up Janet Jackon's Unbreakable at the same time, which ended up over-shadowing it, and then ANTI dropped not longer after, so it kind of completely fell off my radar I really should revisit it sometime and give it at least a couple of proper listens from start to finish. That said, he still managed to score two pretty big hits with "Wild" (No. 2 peak, six weeks total, Gold) and "Lost Boy" (No. 2 peak, 7 weeks total, Platinum.)

I’m usually only here for men but Anne-Marie looks great as well, so all three involved artists are eye candy IMO, and all of them already delivered some great stuff lately, which makes “Remember I Told You” even more disappointing… :(
    Coming out as bi/queer, eh? That makes me think, I'm not sure I've ever asked, but how DO you identify? Or do you prefer just to avoid labels for your sexuality altogether? "Gay" works for me, but I do like the idea that sexuality isn't so black-and-white for everyone.

1 (NEW) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
    3 (1) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*
    4 (3) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls
    5 (2) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
    10 (11) Ariana Grande – Into You *P*
    12 (14) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
    20 (27) Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free *3xP*
    21 (22) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit
    22 (16) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
    28 (33) Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You
    31 (24) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G*
    32 (34) Niall Horan – Slow Hands
    33 (28) Kerli – Spirit Animal *P*
    34 (35) Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down
    37 (NEW) Major Lazer feat. Travis Scott, Camila Cabello & Quavo – Know No Better
    • UGH :x We were just talking about YouTube nonsense above ("Herzbeben"), and now "If I Wasn't Your Daughter" "isn't available in [my] country." In this era of increasingly-popular streaming services and a synchronized global release date, these region locks REALLY ought to be a thing of the past by now.
    • Also like I was saying above, I've been pretty hooked on "Swish Swish" ever since I picked up Witness, so I'm pleased to see it really taking off here! (And that both it and "Bon Appétit" have out-peaked CTTR...)
    • Impressive re-entry for "Now Or Never" (hooray for album-release-effect!) It never REALLY took off on my chart (No. 13 peak), but still managed to linger for a while (six weeks total.)
    • I get that "Down"s similarity to "Work From Home" is disappointing for many, but it's still pretty infectious (and I was really hoping they wouldn't falter without Camila, but things aren't looking good so far. Granted, I guess they were already faltering on most charts with "That's My Girl"...)
    • Well, if "Cut To The Feeling" can't crack your Top 10, at least it's managed to hold pretty steady! ;)
    • "Know No Better" has some promise, especially Camila's bits, but it's gotten pretty lost in the shuffle of new releases lately (only worsened by Witness delivering 17 tracks to occupy my attention...)

Yet another chart that feels like family, Tansike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 12:04

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Nice #1! I only just listened to it but can already say I like it much more than I like an average #1 on your chart.
    Very happy to hear this!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    wasn't expecting to see 'SWISH SWISH' climbing this week. i am still unsure about the track, i think i like nicki's part the most (she is on fire lately!).

nice re-entry for 'chantaje'.

how's the 'wonderland ep' by jasmine thompson? saw it under 'new releases' on spotify the other day but still couldn't find time to listen to it properly.
    Nicki's part is really good, but i love the pre-chorus the most of "Swish Swish". A shame it seems to be another flop/underperformance for Katy :(

Glad you like it, even though it most likely will alraedy leave the charts again this week...

It's good. Well, it has nothing on "Adore" IMO, but "Wonderland" sounds more cohesive, while "Adore" sounded like something the label wanted. Do you like the first single "Old Friends"?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager

Katy needed that Number 1!

Malibu is still brilliant. So chilled!

That Selena song got quite old quick. I still kinda like it though.

The Veronicas one is decent but no where near as good as their last 2 singles sadly.

LORDE should be higher. It's a corker!

That Liam Payne song is horrendous
    #2 is still awesome considering how she's doing everywhere else

I'm not as amazed by "Malibu" as i should be as a huge Miley fan, but it's still a great song. Glad it's such a hit for her

Haha... Selena's song is slowly growing on me again. Thank god.

As for The Veronicas, it's really not what i expected them to release, but as you say it's decent.

Maybe once Lorde releases her album...

Really? It's nice IMO

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 12:08

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Your top 3 is flawless! I wish "Herzbeben" would have been #3, though
    Why am i not surprised to read you like these songs that much?

Aw. Classic.

Whaaat? An "incredible" date?! Details, plz!!!

Well it had everything which is needed for a ‘perfect date’. It started with making up, then we drove to the city where we went to a very good sushi restaurant, had our dinner there, afterwards we went to the cinema (we watched ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ which is such an AWESOME movie btw, only made everything even better), after that we went to a bar to drink something and then we drove to a great place where you can sit in the car and look down to the city which looked very good with all the lights… and then we ‘enjoyed’ the view That’s it, it was really incredible, and basically the moment where this ‘romance’ turned into something more…

How would a perfect date look for you?

Eh, if Australia can join in, might as well let us too.

Big spender! Congrats on the new apt!! Will you have it all to yourself, or with some roommates? Will it much closer/further to work?
    True

Thank you. I will have it for myself, and it’s basically still as far away as the previous one as it’s in the building next door. Will be very interesting for me though as it’s the very first time living on my own, as i moved together with my ex seven years ago shortly after turning 18

Yeah. I'll definitely miss albums (especially when there was a unifying theme to explore)...but I guess this could help artists avoid getting dropped as quickly (the label might be willing to still support their singles, but not fund an entire album.)
    Yeah… but then that’s another thing, as I really don’t get the ‘drop the artist’ thing. It can’t be THAT expensive for a label to support their artists…

Whoops! I'd definitely appreciate if you could post a link to the proper version (if one ever gets uploaded.)
    Sure, I’ll do that, once there’s an official video or audio on youtube…

**Sigh** It wouldn't have been nearly as disappointing if he hadn't dropped that totally drool-worthy teaser clip a while back (leading people to make the reasonable assumption that it was part of the official video.) He's gone from one direction to sadistic misdirection. :x
    so true

I wasn't able to get ahold of the album until Saturday, so I've only had a few days to digest it all, but so far "Swish Swish" has kept me coming back more than any of the other tracks that I hadn't heard before (though "Bigger Than Me" isn't TOO far behind it.) Both Katy's and Nicki's parts are really solid (speaking of: Nicki's rap feels longer than her usual guest appearances. I wonder how much extra that cost Katy...)
    Very happy to hear “Swish Swish” being your favorite so far, as it’s mine as well. When it comes to the non-singles, “Bigger Than Me” is in my current Top3, together with “Pendulum” (the chorus has been stuck in my head since friday!) and “Roulette”. “Déjà vu” is quite strong too. Haha… now I really like these thoughts, as I had the EXACTLY same thoughts just yesterday But I like that it’s longer than usual, as it’s a great rap.

Well...aside from "I Will Never Let You Down", I've never gotten REALLY hooked on Rita's material...and it's looking like "Your Song" will fall in with that majority for me.
    Aww… because I really like it at the moment. Though “I Will Never Let You Down” was also her only real hit as a lead artist on my charts so far and is also overall the only solo song from her that I really liked, so we’re similar there.

Ha, sorry for being so negative I guess I was just noticing how his peaks have been on a decline since ITNOL.

I bought Troye's album a while back (early 2016)...but, IIIRC, I picked up Janet Jackon's Unbreakable at the same time, which ended up over-shadowing it, and then ANTI dropped not longer after, so it kind of completely fell off my radar I really should revisit it sometime and give it at least a couple of proper listens from start to finish. That said, he still managed to score two pretty big hits with "Wild" (No. 2 peak, six weeks total, Gold) and "Lost Boy" (No. 2 peak, 7 weeks total, Platinum.)
    That’s okay

Oh yeah these two were big hits there, I totally forgot that. I’m actually excited for something new by Troye, he’s very interesting, even if the music has yet to really get me.

Coming out as bi/queer, eh? That makes me think, I'm not sure I've ever asked, but how DO you identify? Or do you prefer just to avoid labels for your sexuality altogether? "Gay" works for me, but I do like the idea that sexuality isn't so black-and-white for everyone.
    Haha… I’m definitely gay and have absolutely no problems with saying that. I still think women can be beautiful and sometimes I see a woman and think ‘wow, sooo beautiful!’ though it’s nothing sexual. I’m all gay there. I’m not one of the feminine ones though, if I’m allowed to say that There were like two or three women that gave me some fantasies in my life, and that’s all (Lady GaGa in her TF time being one of them )

• UGH :x We were just talking about YouTube nonsense above ("Herzbeben"), and now "If I Wasn't Your Daughter" "isn't available in [my] country." In this era of increasingly-popular streaming services and a synchronized global release date, these region locks REALLY ought to be a thing of the past by now.
    • Also like I was saying above, I've been pretty hooked on "Swish Swish" ever since I picked up Witness, so I'm pleased to see it really taking off here! (And that both it and "Bon Appétit" have out-peaked CTTR...)
    • Impressive re-entry for "Now Or Never" (hooray for album-release-effect!) It never REALLY took off on my chart (No. 13 peak), but still managed to linger for a while (six weeks total.)
    • I get that "Down"s similarity to "Work From Home" is disappointing for many, but it's still pretty infectious (and I was really hoping they wouldn't falter without Camila, but things aren't looking good so far. Granted, I guess they were already faltering on most charts with "That's My Girl"...)
    • Well, if "Cut To The Feeling" can't crack your Top 10, at least it's managed to hold pretty steady! ;)
    • "Know No Better" has some promise, especially Camila's bits, but it's gotten pretty lost in the shuffle of new releases lately (only worsened by Witness delivering 17 tracks to occupy my attention...)

Yet another chart that feels like family, Tansike!
    Oh really? What a shame :x: It still has one million views, which is even more impressive then
    Have you still heard the song? Or are you just quoting it because you wanted to listen to it? And are you familiar with Lena?

Still not a fan of CTTR then? Glad you like the new peak for “Swish Swish”. This week is the album release week, and tomorrow it will be revealed how much of an impact it will have…

I SO love the album to be honest, “Now Or Never” is not even in my Top5 or so though, so its re-entry just shows how strong some other songs are for me. And she HAD to have a Top10 hit this week somehow, as I basically just played her album Have you heard the album or do you plan to check it out if you haven’t yet? “Strangers”, “Heaven In Hiding”, “Sorry” and “Lie” are my faves.

They’re a one hit wonder so far though, or maybe one and a half with “Worth It”, and “Down” does quite ‘well’ so far IMO. Wouldn’t surprise me if it stays on some charts for quite a long time thanks to streaming.
    “Cut” should have nice longevity

I agree.

Thanks a lot, as always!

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 12:13

Delighted for Halsey!

I also really like Lena's new song making your Top 3 pretty flawless. I could never get into Lena's music (besides Satellite which was a bop!). Hopefully my taste in her music is similar to the GP and this is a big hit for her!

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 16:08

Quote Originally Posted by Biebz
    Delighted for Halsey!

I also really like Lena's new song making your Top 3 pretty flawless. I could never get into Lena's music (besides Satellite which was a bop!). Hopefully my taste in her music is similar to the GP and this is a big hit for her!
    I knew you would love Halsey's success here

Wow, very glad to hear this! "Daughter" is such a beautiful ballad, I'd love to see this doing well on official charts too! Have you checked out some stuff from her last album? I thought you may like it, like "Traffic Lights" or "Beat To My Melody".

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 15th, 2017, 11:49

week 24/2017 – 15 june 2017 Katy Perry Vs. Halsey & Lena

• Singles Top40

Lena gets a second week on top of the Singles Top40 with her ballad “If I Wasn’t Your Daughter”, making it the first time after six week that there’s no change on top of the charts. Katy Perry also remains on the same position, as “Swish Swish” stays at number two despite getting a push through the album release. The highest new entry of the week closes the Top3, and that’s “Inspired”, a new track by Miley Cyrus. While its debut at #3 may be great, it’s currently her lowest peaking single now, and only her second to miss the top spot, following its previous release “Malibu” which goes down 7-9 in its fifth week.

There aren’t that many new entries this week, in fact there are just two of them, with another five re-entries being on the charts as well. The second new arrival is “2U”, the new single by David Guetta, which features Justin Bieber. The track debuts at #18 as yet another Top20 hit for both artists. The highest re-entry is “Stay” by Zedd and Alessia Cara, as the track makes a surprisingly high comeback at #20. Charlie Puth’s “Attention” gets a new peak as well by returning to #27, Katy Perry’s “Chained To The Rhythm” is back at #36 due to the album release, Imagine Dragons’ “Thunder” re-enters the charts at #38 while Lena’s “Lost In You” benefits a little bit from her new single and just made it back onto the charts at #40.

As expected, Lindsey Stirling’s “Lost Girls” shows great longevity so far, staying at #4 for a fifth week in the Top5. She’s followed by Marina Kaye’s “On My Own”, which re-peaks (6-5), and “OK” by Robin Schulz and James Blunt, which gets a new peak this week (8-6). Ariana’s “One Last Time” drops 3-7, Helene Fischer’s “Herzbeben” is down 5-8 while Rita Ora makes the Top10 complete as her “Your Song” is up one spot compared to a week ago (11-10).

Katy Perry has the obvious biggest debut on the album charts this time, as she finally released her long awaited new album “Witness”. The lead single “Chained To The Rhythm” was already a hit, and she’s currently having another one with “Swish Swish”, but she also owns a third entry, and that’s “Bon Appétit”, which climbs a lot this week (21-11). Just behind her are three tracks worth a mention, and that are “Crying In The Club” by Camila Cabello (12-12), “Cut To The Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen (14-13) and “Down” by Fifth Harmony (13-14). The special thing about these songs is that most tracks that debut outside the Top10 either rise a lot in the following weeks or drop a lot, but it’s very rare to see three of them being so stable just outside the Top10 for two to three weeks, and it’s likely to see them all hanging around for a little bit longer. Halsey’s “Now Or Never” (9-15) and Ariana Grande’s “Into You” (10-19) leave the Top10 after a short visit back there. Meanwhile, with “City Lights” by Blanche (16-21), “Fly With Me” by Artsvik (17-24) and “Requiem” by Alma (19-26) all leaving the Top20, there’s already no entry coming from the ESC in the upper half of the charts.

Katy Perry’s “Bon Appétit” is the biggest climber while “Hey Mamma” by Sunstroke Project is the biggest loser this week (27-39).

1 (1) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (2) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
    Chart Run: 6-*2*-2- / 2w

3 (NEW) Miley Cyrus – Inspired
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (4) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-4- / 5w

5 (6) Marina Kaye – On My Own
    Chart Run: 8-*5*-6-5- / 4w

6 (8) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
    Chart Run: 30-7-8-*6*- / 4w

7 (3) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-10-8-9-11-9-6-5-10-13-14-21-24-27-22-25-28-31-34-36-Out-RE 1-3-7- / 27w

8 (5) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
    Chart Run: *1*-2-5-8- / 4w

9 (7) Miley Cyrus – Malibu
    Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9- / 5w

10 (11) Rita Ora – Your Song
    Chart Run: 17-11-*10*- / 3w

11 (21) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit
    Chart Run: 39-*2*-8-13-22-21-11- / 7w

12 (12) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
    Chart Run: 22-14-*12*-12- / 4w

13 (14) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
    Chart Run: *13*-14-13- / 3w

14 (13) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
    Chart Run: *13*-14- / 2w

15 (9) Halsey – Now Or Never
    Chart Run: 7-*3*-3-8-17-36-Out-RE 9-15- / 8w

16 (15) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
    Chart Run: *3*-8-15-16- / 4w

17 (18) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
    Chart Run: 25-18-*17*- / 3w

18 (NEW) David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber – 2U
    Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (10) Ariana Grande – Into You *P*
    Chart Run: 2-6-2-*1*-3-4-7-9-11-15-21-23-26-27-38-Out-RE 15-37-Out-RE 11-10-19- / 20w

20 (RE) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
    Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *20*- / 2w

21 (16) Blanche – City Lights
    Chart Run: 13-10-6-*4*-6-10-16-21- / 8w

22 (25) Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye
    Chart Run: 17-*11*-12-14-20-12-18-25-22- / 9w

23 (28) Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You
    Chart Run: 33-28-*23*- / 3w

24 (17) Artsvik – Fly With Me
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-9-17-24- / 7w

25 (23) Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
    Chart Run: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23-25- / 9w

26 (19) Alma – Requiem
    Chart Run: 6-9-*5*-5-7-12-19-26- / 8w

27 (RE) Charlie Puth – Attention
    Chart Run: 29-Out-RE *27*- / 2w

28 (20) Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free *3xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-3-2-3-5-6-8-11-15-14-7-8-11-7-7-9-12-7-13-12-15-16-14-17-18-21-23-28-29-27-32-32-31-28-32-35-Out-RE 27-20-28- / 48w

29 (22) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-10-11-16-22-29- / 9w

30 (34) Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down
    Chart Run: *20*-35-34-30- / 4w

31 (24) Dihaj – Skeletons
    Chart Run: 19-*3*-6-9-15-24-31- / 7w

32 (29) Kygo & Ellie Goulding – First Time
    Chart Run: *3*-8-15-18-23-29-32- / 7w

33 (33) Kerli – Spirit Animal *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-4-4-5-10-11-7-4-2-3-8-11-5-6-10-9-18-20-27-31-28-33-33- / 26w

34 (32) Niall Horan – Slow Hands
    Chart Run: *15*-26-27-34-32-34- / 6w

35 (26) Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
    Chart Run: 5-*4*-7-10-19-26-35- / 7w

36 (RE) Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm *G*
    Chart Run: 8-19-11-*3*-4-6-5-3-4-13-16-29-Out-RE 36- / 13w

37 (31) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G*
    Chart Run: *3*-5-5-4-7-14-17-23-34-39-Out-RE 29-24-31-37- / 14w

38 (RE) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
    Chart Run: *21*-36-Out-RE 38- / 3w

39 (27) Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma
    Chart Run: *14*-14-21-27-39- / 5w

40 (RE) Lena – Lost In You
    Chart Run: *2*-2-6-16-30-37-Out-RE 40- / 7w

Out of Top40
    Out (30) The Veronicas – The Only High (1w)
    Out (35) Lucie Jones – Never Give Up On You (4w)
    Out (36) Shakira feat. Maluma – Chantaje (5w)
    Out (37) Major Lazer feat. Travis Scott, Camila Cabello & Quavo – Know No Better (1w)
    Out (38) Anja – Where I Am (5w)
    Out (39) Svala – Paper (5w)
    Out (40) Lorde – Perfect Places (1w)

• Album Top20

It should have been Katy’s week, but Halsey does the unexpected and defends the top spot with her “hopeless fountain kingdom”, giving her a second week at number one. As if this wouldn’t be exciting enough for the singer, her debut “Badlands” also returns to the charts at #18 this week, proving that she’s finally arrived as a successful singer now.

Back to Katy Perry. The singer finally released “Witness”, her fourth studio album following “One Of The Boys”, “Teenage Dream” and “Prism”. The first one was released during a time when I didn’t do an album charts, and therefor it never made it onto my charts. The second one however is currently one of the most successful releases ever, having spent eight weeks at number one, 68 weeks on the charts in total and being certified with 4x Platinum, with its re-release being certified with Gold as well. Meanwhile, “Prism” only went Platinum, but still made it to number one on the weekly charts, which gets denied for “Witness”, as the set debuts at number two this week. Since all three singles are currently charting and two of them being quite high, it’s expected to see the album having some longevity though.

It’s a busy week overall as there are another three debuts, all of them being in the Top10. Swiss band Pegasus are new at #5 with “Beautiful Life”, which already spawned the number one hit “Fragments” earlier this year. Meanwhile, both, Lady Antebellum and London Grammar make their very first notations ever on the album charts, as “Heart Break” is new at #7 for the first while “Truth Is A Beautiful Thing” enters the charts at #8 for the latter. The rest of the Top10: Linkin Park’s “One More Light” stays at #3, Aura’s “Can’t Steal The Music” slips 2-4, Dua Lipa’s self-titled debut album is down 4-6, Shakira’s “El Dorado” descends 6-9 followed by Helene Fischer’s self-titled album (5-10).

Lindsey Stirling’s “Brave Enough” leaves the upper half again (7-11), though it gets certified with 3x Platinum this week, being already her third album to do so – out of three studio albums she’s released so far! Ariana Grande’s “Dangerous Woman” (8-12), Alma’s “Ma peau aime” (10-14) and Jasmine Thompson’s “Wonderland” EP (9-17) also leave the Top10, with the latter having quite a bad drop. Last but not least, Lena’s “Crystal Sky” benefits from her new single and returns to #16.

1 (1) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom
    Chart Run: *1*-1- / 2w

2 (NEW) Katy Perry – Witness
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (3) Linkin Park – One More Light
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-3- / 4w

4 (2) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) Pegasus – Beautiful Life
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa
    Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (NEW) Lady Antebellum – Heart Break
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) London Grammar – Truth Is A Beautiful Thing
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (6) Shakira – El Dorado
    Chart Run: *4*-6-9- / 3w

10 (5) Helene Fischer – Helene Fischer
    Chart Run: *3*-5-5-10- / 4w

11 (7) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11- / 43w

12 (8) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-8-10-13-17-Out-RE 14-7-11-6-10-16-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 3-8-12- / 22w

13 (12) Zara Larsson – So Good *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13- / 13w

14 (10) Alma – Ma peau aime
    Chart Run: *2*-5-7-9-10-14- / 6w

15 (13) Ed Sheeran – ÷ *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-4-1-2-3-4-3-5-5-7-8-11-12-13-15- / 15w

16 (RE) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-2-4-5-3-2-4-6-6-5-5-6-6-7-6-7-7-6-7-9-8-11-7-5-3-4-6-11-20-Out-RE 19-14-17-11-7-7-14-20-Out-RE 13-11-15-Out-RE 16- / 42w

17 (9) Jasmine Thompson – Wonderland EP
    Chart Run: *5*-7-9-17- / 4w

18 (RE) Halsey – Badlands
    Chart Run: *3*-5-8-14-20-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 18- / 7w

19 (16) Pentatonix – PTX, Vol. IV – Classics
    Chart Run: *6*-12-20-16-10-13-14-17-16-19- / 10w

20 (11) Christina Grimmie – Side B EP *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-2-6-10-11-20- / 8w

Out of Top20
    Out (14) Ariana Grande – My Everything *2xP* (39w)
    Out (15) Eurovision Song Contest 2017 *G* (7w)
    Out (17) Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1 (5w)
    Out (18) Loïc Nottet – Selfocracy *G* (10w)
    Out (19) Lea Michele – Places (5w)
    Out (20) Harry Styles – Harry Styles (4w)

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 15th, 2017, 11:50

New certifications

3x PLATINUM
    Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough [album]

Manager
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Tue June 20th, 2017, 21:46

Nice to see Lena stay at #1 (that song is now my favourite song by her) and also Lady Antebellum's new album!

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Wed June 21st, 2017, 07:09

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Nice to see Lena stay at #1 (that song is now my favourite song by her) and also Lady Antebellum's new album!
    It's slowly becoming one of my favorite songs from her as well, and i think it really has the chances to become THE favorite one

Glad you like Lady Antebellum's album, it's quite good

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 22nd, 2017, 10:54

week 25/2017 – 22 june 2017 If I Wasn’t Your Bad Liar

• Singles Top40

This week shows what a good music video can do, it can push a song which showed a very disappointing chart performance so far back up the charts and make a hit out of it, and the lucky track is “Bad Liar” by Selena Gomez. While the song debuted at #3 four weeks ago, which would be a nice debut for every artist out there, it still was an underwhelming debut for Selena herself as all of her other proper singles except “Hit The Lights” made the Top2, with most of them even making it to the top for multiple weeks. The song quickly fell down the charts and it looked like it would be her worst performing single ever, though the just released music video now makes the song jumping 16-2 and reaching a new peak.

Who blocked her? It’s still Lena who is on top of the charts, as “If I Wasn’t Your Daughter” spends a third week at number one. It’s now her longest running number one single ever, and the second of the year with more than just two weeks, following Clean Bandit & Zara Larsson’s “Symphony”, which spent four weeks on the top. Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish” dips 2-3, closing the Top3.

There are six debuts and three re-entries in the Top40 this week, with two of the new arrivals being in the Top10. The highest one belongs to the late Christina Grimmie, who arrives at #5 with “Sublime”, a single from her newly released album “All Is Vanity”. The other Top10 debut is “Instruction”, a collaboration between Jax Jones, Demi Lovato and Stefflon Don. While this is the very first entry ever for Jax Jones and Stefflon Don, Demi Lovato is not unknown to my charts and already scores her 15th appearance with that track. Country-pop legend Shania Twain finally returns to the music scene, as she is set to release her album “Now” later this year as the follow-up to “Up”, which was released an incredible 15 years ago. Due to that break, the lead track “Life’s About To Get Good” becomes her first entry ever on my charts by debuting at #13. The All-Star collaboration Calvin Harris, Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and Big Sean are new at #24 with “Feels”, Macklemore’s new song “Glorious” featuring Skylar Grey enters the charts at #26, while Owl City has the final arrival as his new song “Not All Heroes Wear Capes” made it to #39.

As mentioned, there are also three re-entries, with all of them being back on the charts due to album releases. Lorde has the highest of these re-entries, as her “Green Lights” is back at #22 due to the release of her sophomore album “Melodrama”. “All Is Vanity” brings “Invisible” back to the charts for Christina Grimmie (#33), while “Fake Sugar” brings “Fire” back to the charts for Beth Ditto (#36).

The rest of the Top10: Lindsey Stirling’s “Lost Girls” stays at #4, Katy Perry improves 11-6 with “Bon Appétit”, Marina Kaye’s “On My Own” is down 5-8, followed by Robin Schulz and James Blunt’s “OK” (6-9), while Rita Ora closes the Top10 once again with “Your Song” (10-10).

Halsey rises back up 15-11 with “Now Or Never”, which earns her the very first certification ever by going Gold this week. A second certification goes out to Blanche, as her “City Lights” becomes the first ESC entry from this year with a certification, despite already falling down 21-28. Most other ESC entries are even lower or already left the charts completely. So while it was the contest with most charts entries ever, it’s safe to say that this years entries won’t be as successful as last years, as there were four certified songs from the 2016 contest, three of them being even certified with Platinum. Back to the upper half… Zedd and Alessia Cara rise 20-12 with “Stay” following their surprising re-entry a week ago. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus’ “Malibu” (9-14) & “Inspired” (3-18), Helene Fischer’s “Herzbeben” (8-16) and Ariana Grande’s “One Last Time” (7-19) all have to leave the Top10. “Inspired” seems to become for Miley what “Bad Liar” looked to be for Selena – their first flops – but maybe there’ll be an awesome video for Miley’s track too which may revive the song. As for now, it’s not only her lowest peaking entry ever, but most likely will become her least successful song by far as well. There’s one last thing worth a mention, and that’s something about a song which leaves the Top40: “Spirit Animal” by Kerli. The song leaves the charts for the first time after exactly a half year, so 26 weeks, which is quite rare these days. The song is currently very high on the year-to-date charts and it’s expected to get new music by the Estonian charts empress in the second half of the year.

Selena Gomez’ “Bad Liar” is the biggest climber while Miley Cyrus’ “Inspired” and Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan’s “There For You” (23-38) are both the biggest losers this week.

1 (1) Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 2w

2 (16) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
    Chart Run: 3-8-15-16-*2*- / 5w

3 (2) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
    Chart Run: 6-*2*-2-3- / 2w

4 (4) Lindsey Stirling – Lost Girls
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-4-4- / 6w

5 (NEW) Christina Grimmie – Sublime

6 (11) Katy Perry feat. Migos – Bon Appétit
    Chart Run: 39-*2*-8-13-22-21-11-6- / 8w

7 (NEW) Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (5) Marina Kaye – On My Own
    Chart Run: 8-*5*-6-5-8- / 5w

9 (6) Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
    Chart Run: 30-7-8-*6*-9- / 5w

10 (10) Rita Ora – Your Song
    Chart Run: 17-11-*10*-10- / 4w

11 (15) Halsey – Now Or Never *G*
    Chart Run: 7-*3*-3-8-17-36-Out-RE 9-15-11- / 9w

12 (20) Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
    Chart Run: 39-Out-RE 20-*12*- / 3w

13 (NEW) Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
    Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (9) Miley Cyrus – Malibu
    Chart Run: *2*-4-4-7-9-14- / 6w

15 (12) Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
    Chart Run: 22-14-*12*-12-15- / 5w

16 (8) Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
    Chart Run: *1*-2-5-8-16- / 5w

17 (13) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
    Chart Run: *13*-14-13-17- / 4w

18 (3) Miley Cyrus – Inspired
    Chart Run: *3*-18- / 2w

19 (7) Ariana Grande – One Last Time *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-3-4-7-10-8-9-11-9-6-5-10-13-14-21-24-27-22-25-28-31-34-36-Out-RE 1-3-7-19- / 28w

20 (14) Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
    Chart Run: *13*-14-20- / 3w

21 (17) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
    Chart Run: 25-18-*17*-21- / 4w

22 (RE) Lorde – Green Light
    Chart Run: *6*-16-37-Out-RE 22- / 4w

23 (18) David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber – 2U
    Chart Run: *18*-23- / 2w

24 (NEW) Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
    Chart Run: *24*- / 1w

25 (27) Charlie Puth – Attention
    Chart Run: 29-Out-RE 27-*25*- / 3w

26 (NEW) Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey – Glorious
    Chart Run: *26*- / 1w

27 (30) Liam Payne feat. Quavo – Strip That Down
    Chart Run: *20*-35-34-30-27- / 5w

28 (21) Blanche – City Lights *G*
    Chart Run: 13-10-6-*4*-6-10-16-21-28- / 9w

29 (22) Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye
    Chart Run: 17-*11*-12-14-20-12-18-25-22-29- / 10w

30 (19) Ariana Grande – Into You *P*
    Chart Run: 2-6-2-*1*-3-4-7-9-11-15-21-23-26-27-38-Out-RE 15-37-Out-RE 11-10-19-30- / 21w

31 (24) Artsvik – Fly With Me
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-9-17-24-31- / 8w

32 (26) Alma – Requiem
    Chart Run: 6-9-*5*-5-7-12-19-26-32- / 9w

33 (RE) Christina Grimmie – Invisible
    Chart Run: *8*-20-30-Out-RE 32-Out-RE 33- / 5w

34 (29) Lady GaGa – The Cure *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-10-11-16-22-29-34- / 10w

35 (38) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
    Chart Run: *21*-36-Out-RE 38-35- / 4w

36 (RE) Beth Ditto – Fire
    Chart Run: *30*-38-Out-RE 36- / 3w

37 (25) Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
    Chart Run: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23-25-37- / 10w

38 (23) Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You
    Chart Run: 33-28-*23*-38- / 4w

39 (NEW) Owl City – Not All Heroes Wear Capes
    Chart Run: *39*- / 1w

40 (28) Ariana Grande feat. Zedd – Break Free *3xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-3-2-3-5-6-8-11-15-14-7-8-11-7-7-9-12-7-13-12-15-16-14-17-18-21-23-28-29-27-32-32-31-28-32-35-Out-RE 27-20-28-40- / 49w

Out of Top40
    Out (31) Dihaj – Skeletons (7w)
    Out (32) Kygo & Ellie Goulding – First Time (7w)
    Out (33) Kerli – Spirit Animal *P* (26w)
    Out (34) Niall Horan – Slow Hands (6w)
    Out (35) Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess (7w)
    Out (36) Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm *G* (13w)
    Out (37) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music *G* (14w)
    Out (39) Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma (5w)
    Out (40) Lena – Lost In You (7w)

• Album Top20

”All Is Vanity” debuts at number one as the first full-length album being released posthumously by singer Christina Grimmie following her tragic death a year ago. It’s already her fifth charts appearance on the album charts in total. Her “Side A” EP made the start a year ago, as her biggest success so far as it’s certified with Platinum (back at #18 on this weeks chart). It was followed by her debut album “With Love” (#4, certified with Gold) and her debut EP “Find Me” (#7, Gold), both originally released a few years ago, while the “Side B” EP (#1, Gold) became her fourth entry a few weeks ago. She’s one of the very rare cases where an artist has more entries on the album charts than on the singles charts, as she has made three entries on the Singles Top40 so far.

Halsey dips 1-2 with “hopeless fountain kingdom”, which is already the fourth most played album of 2017 with over 700 plays, followed by Katy Perry’s “Witness” (2-3). Apart from the new top album, there are another two arrivals in the Top20 this week, and they both are back to back at #4 and #5. Lorde finally returns with her second album after nearly four years, and it’s called “Melodrama”, which debuts at #4. Despite the singles “Green Light” and “Perfect Places” being no hits so far, the set has a better debut than her first album “Pure Heroine” which debuted and peaked at #7. Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto owns the other arrival, as her first solo album “Fake Sugar” enters the charts at #5. The rest of the Top10: Linkin Park’s “One More Light” falls 3-6, Aura’s “Can’t Steal The Music” drops 4-7, Lindsey Stirling’s “Brave Enough” rebounds 11-8, Dua Lipa’s self-titled debut album is down 6-9 followed by Lady Antebellum’s “Heart Break” (7-10).

Pegasus’ “Beautiful Life” (5-11) and London Grammar’s “Truth Is A Beautiful Thing” (8-12) already leave the upper half after their entry there a week ago. Shakira’s “El Dorado” leaves the Top10 as well, as it’s down 9-15, followed by Helene Fischer’s self-titled album (10-16).

1 (NEW) Christina Grimmie – All Is Vanity

2 (1) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2- / 3w

3 (2) Katy Perry – Witness
    Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (NEW) Lorde – Melodrama
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (NEW) Beth Ditto – Fake Sugar

6 (3) Linkin Park – One More Light
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-3-6- / 5w

7 (4) Aura – Can’t Steal The Music
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4-7- / 5w

8 (11) Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough *3xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8-14-10-2-2-1-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8- / 44w

9 (6) Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa
    Chart Run: *4*-6-9- / 3w

10 (7) Lady Antebellum – Heart Break
    Chart Run: *7*-10- / 2w

11 (5) Pegasus – Beautiful Life
    Chart Run: *5*-11- / 2w

12 (8) London Grammar – Truth Is A Beautiful Thing
    Chart Run: *8*-12- / 2w

13 (15) Ed Sheeran – ÷ *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-4-1-2-3-4-3-5-5-7-8-11-12-13-15-13- / 16w

14 (13) Zara Larsson – So Good *G*
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14- / 14w

15 (9) Shakira – El Dorado
    Chart Run: *4*-6-9-15- / 4w

16 (10) Helene Fischer – Helene Fischer
    Chart Run: *3*-5-5-10-16- / 5w

17 (19) Pentatonix – PTX, Vol. IV – Classics
    Chart Run: *6*-12-20-16-10-13-14-17-16-19-17- / 11w

18 (RE) Christina Grimmie – Side A EP *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-4-5-8-3-5-8-13-14-18-16-18-17-Out-RE 15-20-Out-RE 18- / 19w

19 (14) Alma – Ma peau aime
    Chart Run: *2*-5-7-9-10-14-19- / 7w

20 (18) Halsey – Badlands
    Chart Run: *3*-5-8-14-20-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 18-20- / 8w

Out of Top20
    Out (12) Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman *P* (22w)
    Out (16) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP* (42w)
    Out (17) Jasmine Thompson – Wonderland EP (4w)
    Out (20) Christina Grimmie – Side B EP *G* (8w)

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu June 22nd, 2017, 10:55

New certifications

GOLD
    Blanche – City Lights [single]
    Halsey – Now Or Never [single]

Legend
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

by » Thu June 22nd, 2017, 11:59

Chart Run: *3*-18- / 2w
    Wow, that's a huge drop
    39 (NEW) Owl City – Not All Heroes Wear Capes
    Chart Run: *39*- / 1w
    that's a nice song
    Waffles are checked cookies

Manager
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Thu June 22nd, 2017, 16:03

I hope that picture isn't from the video; she seriously looks like eleven years old in it! Will check out the video later although I doubt it will do much to save the song for me. Anyway, I like the climb if only because it seems to make it more unlikely that Katy will climb to #1! And of course great that the #1 didn't change this week!

It's been a while since I quoted all of the songs I like but as I'm typing this on a tablet it will have to wait a while longer!

Great to see the success for Christina! I must listen to the entire album again with better concentration because I'm not sure yet what my favourite songs on it are.

Edit: I watched the video now and although that picture is from the video and I still think she looks much younger than her actual age in it, the video was quite funny and well done. This comment stolen from YouTube sums up the story really well:

How dare Selena cheat on Selena with Selena because Selena likes Selena but so does Selena!?

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Mon June 26th, 2017, 01:19

2 (16) Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
    3 (2) Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
    11 (15) Halsey – Now Or Never
    14 (9) Miley Cyrus – Malibu
    17 (13) Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut To The Feeling
    19 (7) Ariana Grande – One Last Time
    21 (17) Noah Cyrus – I’m Stuck
    22 (RE) Lorde – Green Light
    24 (NEW) Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
    34 (29) Lady GaGa – The Cure
    35 (38) Imagine Dragons – Thunder
    37 (25) Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday

That video efect for Bad Liar!

That drop for Miley is bad

Awesome for Green Light Re Entereing!!!!!! What did you think of the album? What would you rate it out of ten.

That Feels song is ok but it needs to grow on me I think.
    #Pray4AL6