4 (NEW) Soundtrack – For The Throne
    Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (RE) Rita Ora – Phoenix *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-1-5-8-2-2-4-6-6-9-11-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 5- / 16w

6 (3) Lena – Only Love, L
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6- / 4w

7 (2) Eluveitie – Ategnatos
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7- / 4w

8 (4) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8- / 5w

9 (10) Cellar Darling – The Spell
    Chart Run: *1*-2-6-7-10-9- / 6w

10 (5) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
    Chart Run: *5*-10- / 2w

11 (8) Kerli – Shadow Works *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11- / 10w

12 (9) Blackpink – Kill This Love EP
    Chart Run: 7-*6*-9-12- / 5w

13 (12) BTS – Map Of The Soul: Persona
    Chart Run: *4*-12-13- / 3w

14 (7) Dinah Jane – Dinah Jane 1
    Chart Run: *7*-14- / 2w

15 (6) Beyoncé – Homecoming: The Live Album
    Chart Run: *6*-15- / 2w

16 (11) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U
    Chart Run: *11*-16- / 2w

17 (14) Within Temptation – Resist *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17- / 13w

18 (13) Jasmine Thompson – Colour EP
    Chart Run: *5*-12-13-18- / 4w

19 (16) Maren Morris – Girl *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-2-4-4-9-10-16-19- / 8w

20 (15) Khalid – Free Spirit
    Chart Run: *8*-13-15-20- / 4w

Out of Top20
    Out (17) Sara Bareilles – Amidst The Chaos (3w)
    Out (18) Eluveitie – Evocation II: Pantheon *P* (31w)
    Out (19) Alex Hepburn – Things I’ve Seen (1w)
    Out (20) Lena – Crystal Sky *2xP* (45w)

New certifications
    none

Click here for the Certification Database

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 2nd, 2019, 13:28

My Charts - week 18/2019 – 2 may 2019 - a Drag Queen, a Superstar and Rita

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) P!nk feat. Wrabel – 90 Days
    Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (NEW) Marina – Karma
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (NEW) Shaed – Trampoline
    Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (2) Eluveitie – The Raven Hill
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-4- / 4w

5 (NEW) Bastille – Doom Days
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Rammstein – Radio
    Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (5) Lena – Ok
    Chart Run: *5*-7- / 2w

8 (NEW) FKA twigs – Cellophane
    Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (4) Eluveitie – Black Water Dawn
    Chart Run: *2*-3-4-9- / 4w

10 (6) Lena – Dear L
    Chart Run: 3-*2*-6-10- / 4w

Legend
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

by » Thu May 2nd, 2019, 15:10

OK, checked out your top three and Marina is definitely my favorite of them. I spent most of my time looking at the guys in the background of that Plastique video

Michela has a Dua Lipa vibe.

Legend
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

by » Thu May 2nd, 2019, 17:13

23 (NEW) Robinson – Karma
    Chart Run: *23*- / 1w

it's catchy, maybe the chorus could have been a little bit tighter

bubbling under

the song itself is kinda disappointing.

I wasn't sure about it , but finally warmed up to it after a few listens.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 00:11

Wow, so much Rita! Ah, yes, I just remembered you went to one of her concerts recently. "Anywhere" and "I Will Never Let You Down" are her top two songs for me! Great to see them among the higher of the re-entries. I checked out your #2, and it was okay. I haven't really been blown away by any of the songs I've heard from Marina this era. "To Be Human" may be the best one, and even that one I'm not crazy about.

Yes at the new Taylor Swift song getting the debut it deserves.

2 (NEW) Marina – Superstar
    3 (1) Michela – Chameleon
    5 (7) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    7 (RE) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P*
    15 (10) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    16 (9) BTS feat. Halsey – Boy With Luv
    17 (RE) Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down *G*
    18 (RE) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me *G*
    20 (NEW) Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie – Me!
    25 (11) SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott – Power Is Power
    26 (16) Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend
    27 (RE) Rita Ora – Your Song
    28 (RE) Rita Ora – Only Want You
    29 (18) Billie Eilish – When The Party’s Over
    31 (26) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    32 (19) Lizzo – Juice
    33 (22) Bebe Rexha – Last Hurrah *G*

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Thanks for checking out my #1 and kinda breaking your own rule <3 I really love it too, it sounds like Dua Lipa could have released this and I really like that. Not sure if it will be able to win the whole contest but as for now I found a fantastic pop track with this. Glad to hear you added it to your library

"Juice" is so fresh, love its positive energy. Unfortunately, the competition right now is REALLY strong with the ESC starting soon and there were some other new releases today that will have some nice debuts next week, so as for now I'm really not sure how "Juice" will do, but I'm afraid it won't climb

Kinda glad to hear your thoughts about "Medellin" being not too enthusiastic as well. It's ok and I like how she does something new (at least in some parts), but it's not working for me. Agree on the second part though, she always has some gems in her albums so I'm still looking forward to "Madame X".

I know! Can't believe it's been a year since "No Tears Left To Cry" came out
    I hope it at least does well! A number of my fave ESC songs over the years have flopped.

Hopefully, "Juice" doesn't completely fall off next week then.

It took me almost a year, but I finally got around to hearing what it is that you guys loved so much about "No Tears Left to Cry".
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2019: [150-126]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sun May 5th, 2019, 16:40

I guess you're also on a break right now and don't play one of the Pokémon games?
    Nah, I basically always have a playthrough going in some Pokémon game so I've been doing a Nuzlocke in Y lately. I should probably give different games a chance at some point, though. There's been some really popular games in recent years that I could see myself enjoying, but I've never bothered to check them out (Undertale, Stardew Valley, etc).

Hahaha... I love the 'dudebro' word! Ah thanks for explaining what a RA is. So were these gay students/RAs openly gay? Because this sounds like that college was very open with gay people then... sure, I have no idea what the normality is at your place, but I couldn't imagine that over here.
    Yep - my RA, roommate, and I were all open. Granted, I went to the University of San Francisco (one of the most liberal/LGBT-friendly cities in the US), so being in that setting certainly helped. When you say you can't imagine that over here, do you mean many people are still in the closet in college (or at least most of the LGBT+ people you know were still closeted at that age)?

She is headlining the show as part of her European Tour, but there'll be an opening act (don't know his or her name at the moment, as I've never heard of him/her). I'm going with my partners cousin, but it turned out that my partner is also going with a friend of his so he'll be there as well.
    Ha, that's a pretty awesome coincidence! I guess nobody wants to miss out on Anne-Marie It's cool that you're close enough with your partner's family members that you make plans even without him.

Yep. As for recruiting Migos, at least it helped for streaming numbers as the video was a success (and has a revival - have you noticed that? It's currently (or it was - not sure if it's still active) the video that gets played after "ME!" by Taylor, so it went back to the Top5 of the most viewed videos at the moment
    I had no idea, but that's hilarious, especially considering the past "beef" between those two (though it would've been even funnier if YouTube recommended "Swish Swish" right after "ME!")

Ah wow, what a lovely story. So it was basically a coincidence or did you always check out the iTunes charts back then? I still remember the day when it got re-leased and what I did on that day - I kept checking its updates on iTunes and was so freaking happy how she did. It came out of nothing and she already deserved it so much at that point!

I actually watched 'Victorious' when it came out, so that's how I got to know and love Ariana. She was by far my favorite character on the show and I loooved her so much, so I checked her out more and found out about her covers on YouTube.
    Yeah, I followed the iTunes chart a lot more closely back when a.) sales were higher and impacted official charts more, b.) I often downloaded new songs myself (pre-Apple Music).

Ah, nice! So Ari was on your radar long before she came onto mine. That explains how you knew about "Put Your Hearts Up" too.

You're right about her choosing ballads as singles, never thought about that But I think it would make sense now... ok, it doesn't as summer is coming, but the three singles were very similar from the style/genre so far, so choosing something like "Ghostin" would be a perfect opportunity to show how versatile she is. But I guess they are going with something similar as the three singles and it will be yet another big hit for her... Hmm... feels kinda sad to feel that way but I'm really not feeling the way she's going lately.
    I really hope the massive success of "7 Rings" doesn't mean her next album will have a bunch of similar-sounding tracks...

Yeah I really was thinking of you in every round and how the ones you enjoyed had to leave while the others I knew you weren't a big fan of kept on being so popular. On the other hand, the Ariana survivor has been such a huge surprise with "Ghostin" even win-ning the whole thing! So, so unexpected, but so, so deserved. I thought the title track would make it easily and once the finale two were announced, I thought "Break Up" will make it easily... but thank god it didn't. This only shows that we weren't the only people who didn't feel the singles (especially "7 Rings"/"Break Up") as much as some album tracks, while it was different on "Sweet-ener" with the three singles being the clear highlights for everyone.
    **Nod** Back when that Survivor first started, I was bracing myself for a "7 Rings" VS "Break Up" finale, so I was really relieved to be wrong about that (and have one of my absolute favorites perform better than I expected). It was definitely reassuring to see that there's other fans out there who haven't bought into the "7 Rings" hype.

I love that 100 followers are many for you Nah seriously, I love that. You're really not into social media so the pressure from that doesn't really affect you. Because for me, 100 followers is incredibly low compared to how many followers some random people out there have.
    Ha, true, though I still think reaching triple-digit-followers deserves a celebratory shirtless selfie I hope you can feel proud about what you've achieved on there, while still maintaining the drive to reach those higher goals.

It is Hmm... it's okay? First time I heard it I was slightly disap-pointed she's not more involved in this, but I'm happy she appears in the video all the time. Her voice actually fits very well with the boys and I'm just happy she's getting some more exposure due to be-ing featured on BTS while the group is probably getting some more attention with featuring Halsey as well. So a win win situation.
    Well said! When I first read that they were collaborating, I was a little worried that meant BTS were changing their sound just to score a bigger radio hit, so I was relieved that "Boy With Luv" still sounds very "them"/K-pop. I also appreciate how her contributions are fairly subtle, but definitely still elevate the song. It's somewhat like Christina on A Great Big World's "Say Something" (where you can tell that she's there, but she doesn't dominate/overshadow the other act).

It definitely is - actually by far my early favorite for this year. I don't see it winning the whole thing though, but I'm already so, so happy to have discovered such an amazing pop song through the contest. Yeah, so you will do it similar to last year because I remember you checked out Eleni Foureira's "Fuego" as it was smashing on several personal charts (Jake, Akini, mine...).
    Exactly. Basically all of my ESC knowledge/exposure comes from personal charts here.

Ah, I hope these problems get fixed as soon as possible! How would you edit/correct those two if I may ask? Are you going with Kygo - Carry On (feat. Rita Ora) / Madonna - Medellin (feat. Maluma) or something else? Because I thought about it as well but decided to keep it as it is, even though my library feels like a mess with that. Glad you're already enjoying "Carry On"!
    Yeah, I'll usually just keep whoever's listed first as the main artist and turn the other act(s) into (featuring ________). A part of me wishes last.fm would count the plays toward both artists when songs are listed as "&," but I guess that would lead to double-counting the same song.

"Juice" has been on a shortlist for a debut for a very long time as I heard it when it entered Jake's chart and already liked it back then, so the album release was like a last boost to finally let it onto my chart. It's a weird situation with that song as somehow I'm enjoying it a lot and always have, but somehow it still doesn't really make an impact on me so it's not smashing on my charts and will most likely have a big second week drop because I'm playing most other songs so much more. So we're probably feeling similar when it comes to that one. As for other faves from the album... I really enjoyed the title track "Cuz I Love You" but haven't really found another highlight yet.
    That sums up my feelings pretty perfectly. I'll add "Cuz I Love You" too, so thanks for suggesting it!

Yeah, Ellie's drop is terrible. Looking through the discographies I think this is actually the biggest drop out of the chart since I'm doing a Top40 Nightwish fell 11-38-Out with "Sacrament Of Wilderness" that was released in the 90s but entered my charts following a concert effect, that's the closest I've found when it comes to similar drops. Avicii's "SOS already falls 19-Out this week, and that drop already happened twice I think and would probably be the sec-ond biggest drop out of the chart...
    Damn, so Ellie has the (dis)honor of holding the record for worst. fall. ever The shame...

• Aw, "Chameleon" has started clicking with me lately, but I guess even ESC hype can't compete with the power of Drag Race here.
    • I didn't realize that "Lonely Together" had never charted before, but it looks like this concert really changed your feelings about it (since it's higher than almost all of the Rita re-entries).
    • "Wow" definitely makes "Don't Worry Bout Me" sound even better by comparison (though that still couldn't save DWBM from falling off).
    • Damn If even "Sixteen" could manage a No. 10 debut, that No. 20 entry for "ME!" seems like a VERY bad sign...
    • I didn't pay much attention to Bastille during the Wild World era, and "Happier" took a long time to click with me - but I decided to check out the three Doom Days preview tracks, and they're all pretty enjoyable! It could become their first album that I explore in full.

Yet another chart that's impossible to resist, Marsike!

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Tue May 7th, 2019, 18:12

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    OK, checked out your top three and Marina is definitely my favorite of them. I spent most of my time looking at the guys in the background of that Plastique video

Michela has a Dua Lipa vibe.
    Thanks for checking out the Top3! Glad to hear you enjoyed Marina, I really love "Superstar" and her whole new album is actually really strong. Don't know if you enjoyed her past stuff but if you did, you really need to check out the full album. Haha at the Plastique video

It has and I'm loving that! "Chameleon" would have been such a big smash if Dua would have released it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Tue May 7th, 2019, 18:15

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    23 (NEW) Robinson – Karma
    it's catchy, maybe the chorus could have been a little bit tighter

bubbling under
    the song itself is kinda disappointing.

I wasn't sure about it , but finally warmed up to it after a few listens.
    Glad you enjoy "Karma" as well, but I get your point. It was definitely a nice discovery through last months FSC.

I have to agree when it comes to "Radio". "Deutschland" was so much better than this. I'm surprised this was chosen as the second single and I've started to be less excited for the album through that...

As for "Cellophane"... good to hear you warmed up to it, unfortunately I still didn't and I'm still a little bit disappointed in it

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Tue May 7th, 2019, 18:22

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Wow, so much Rita! Ah, yes, I just remembered you went to one of her concerts recently. "Anywhere" and "I Will Never Let You Down" are her top two songs for me! Great to see them among the higher of the re-entries. I checked out your #2, and it was okay. I haven't really been blown away by any of the songs I've heard from Marina this era. "To Be Human" may be the best one, and even that one I'm not crazy about.

Yes at the new Taylor Swift song getting the debut it deserves.

Yes, I went to see her live and it was very cool! "Anywhere" and "I Will Never Let You Down" are actually also my favorite songs from her, unfortunately the performance of the latter wasn't as amazing as I was hoping for. Glad you checked out "Superstar", but kinda sad to hear it was just okay for you as I think it's quite magical. I don't really remember if you were into her past stuff as well or not, but I feel like she sounds like she did on her second album which is a big plus for me.

Haha... it's really a disappointing return for her. Can't believe she's also one of the pop stars who disappoint with their new stuff (next to Zara Larsson, Carly Rae Jepsen or Ellie Goulding)

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I hope it at least does well! A number of my fave ESC songs over the years have flopped.

Hopefully, "Juice" doesn't completely fall off next week then.

It took me almost a year, but I finally got around to hearing what it is that you guys loved so much about "No Tears Left to Cry".
    Mine as well, so that's not a good sign for "Chameleon" Fingers crossed for the best... we still never saw her performing it live, so I'm excited to see how her rehearsals went.

We'll see in two days...

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS
    So happy to hear that!
    Did it just click with you someday or how did it happen?

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Tue May 7th, 2019, 19:41

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    Nah, I basically always have a playthrough going in some Pokémon game so I've been doing a Nuzlocke in Y lately. I should probably give different games a chance at some point, though. There's been some really popular games in recent years that I could see myself enjoying, but I've never bothered to check them out (Undertale, Stardew Valley, etc).
    Oh really? That's pretty cool to know! Also interesting to hear you're always playing Pokémon but no other games... but hey, I'm the same if I play games.
    Do you have some other consoles besides the Nintendo stuff, like Play Station?

Yep - my RA, roommate, and I were all open. Granted, I went to the University of San Francisco (one of the most liberal/LGBT-friendly cities in the US), so being in that setting certainly helped. When you say you can't imagine that over here, do you mean many people are still in the closet in college (or at least most of the LGBT+ people you know were still closeted at that age)?
    Wow, that's great! But yeah, I forgot that San Francisco is that LGBT-friendly. So you also grew up there? I guess it must have been cool to grow up somewhere knowing that it's more LGBT-friendly there than it many other places. Yes, plus Switzerland is still on a change, it's a very oldschool country when it comes to things like these. It only started to change a little bit over the last few years, but maybe I've just had the wrong experiences as I never really got into the LGBT community until two years ago.

Ha, that's a pretty awesome coincidence! I guess nobody wants to miss out on Anne-Marie It's cool that you're close enough with your partner's family members that you make plans even without him.
    She's really cool so yeah, a must see for me (plus I already saw her two years ago as the opening artist for Ed Sheeran and already loved it back then). Ah, you know, tickets for concerts are often already a half year or even a year before the actual date available to buy, so I always buy two tickets for the artists I'd like to see. And around two weeks before it finally happens, I search for someone who joins me.

Yeah, I followed the iTunes chart a lot more closely back when a.) sales were higher and impacted official charts more, b.) I often downloaded new songs myself (pre-Apple Music).

Ah, nice! So Ari was on your radar long before she came onto mine. That explains how you knew about "Put Your Hearts Up" too.
    These were the best times of being a charts and/or music enthusiast
    I wonder if we're ever going back to these times...

Yes, she was. That's why it's so crazy to me how big she is at the moment when I already followed her when she was more known as a child actress and not a singer.

I really hope the massive success of "7 Rings" doesn't mean her next album will have a bunch of similar-sounding tracks...
    Even though I enjoy(ed) "7 Rings", I have to agree on this. Unfortunately, if she's smart and wants the success (and let's be honest - who doesn't want success?) she's DEFINITELY going that route with her next album

**Nod** Back when that Survivor first started, I was bracing myself for a "7 Rings" VS "Break Up" finale, so I was really relieved to be wrong about that (and have one of my absolute favorites perform better than I expected). It was definitely reassuring to see that there's other fans out there who haven't bought into the "7 Rings" hype.
    I was actually surprised "Thank U, Next" didn't end up in the finale alongside "7 Rings" or "Break Up" as that was the obvious song to win the whole survivor for me. Since "7 Rings" has been such a hit for her, it's probably more the GP that liked it and not her usual fanbase. It will be interesting how her next album will sound like, I just hope she doesn't go the Ed Sheeran route (having a big hit with the GP from one album = x, then follow it up with an album that completely pleases the GP but not the usual fanbase = Divide).

Ha, true, though I still think reaching triple-digit-followers deserves a celebratory shirtless selfie I hope you can feel proud about what you've achieved on there, while still maintaining the drive to reach those higher goals.
    Haha... well, I just started to go to the gym again, so maybe in a few months? But thanks, I'm always the most skeptical about myself when it comes to achievements, no matter if big or small ones so it makes sense when I don't really see it as a positive thing reaching 100+ followers.
    Love that you decided to do an instagram account as well by the way So you decided to get Apple Music, instagram... what's next, Grindr?

Well said! When I first read that they were collaborating, I was a little worried that meant BTS were changing their sound just to score a bigger radio hit, so I was relieved that "Boy With Luv" still sounds very "them"/K-pop. I also appreciate how her contributions are fairly subtle, but definitely still elevate the song. It's somewhat like Christina on A Great Big World's "Say Something" (where you can tell that she's there, but she doesn't dominate/overshadow the other act).
    That's a great point of you as I read somewhere that they changed the sound, but I can't really judge that as I didn't know until last year. So you would say they didn't change the sound with this? Also loving the "Say Something" comparison as it fits perfectly.

Yeah, I'll usually just keep whoever's listed first as the main artist and turn the other act(s) into (featuring ________). A part of me wishes last.fm would count the plays toward both artists when songs are listed as "&," but I guess that would lead to double-counting the same song.
    Makes sense and I used to do the same, but there have been so many collaborations lately that I stopped doing it. A feature like that would be so nice, a shame they don't do updates anymore. I really thought after that big change a few years ago they'd start to improve even more, but they're back into the 'standby' mode.

That sums up my feelings pretty perfectly. I'll add "Cuz I Love You" too, so thanks for suggesting it!
    I hope you'll enjoy that one
    Lizzo is actually growing on me right now, so maybe she'll have better legs with "Juice" than I expected...

Damn, so Ellie has the (dis)honor of holding the record for worst. fall. ever The shame...

Fingers crossed an album release, concert effect, performance or simply an unexpected click with me may let the song coming back to the charts, otherwise this will look horribly in her discography...

• Aw, "Chameleon" has started clicking with me lately, but I guess even ESC hype can't compete with the power of Drag Race here.
    • I didn't realize that "Lonely Together" had never charted before, but it looks like this concert really changed your feelings about it (since it's higher than almost all of the Rita re-entries).
    • "Wow" definitely makes "Don't Worry Bout Me" sound even better by comparison (though that still couldn't save DWBM from falling off).
    • Damn If even "Sixteen" could manage a No. 10 debut, that No. 20 entry for "ME!" seems like a VERY bad sign...
    • I didn't pay much attention to Bastille during the Wild World era, and "Happier" took a long time to click with me - but I decided to check out the three Doom Days preview tracks, and they're all pretty enjoyable! It could become their first album that I explore in full.

Yet another chart that's impossible to resist, Marsike!
    Glad "Chameleon" has clicked with you (also now that Akini is supporting it as well ). But yes, she has peaked for me now but may re-peak once the contest will start. It's just a crazy time overall and already over 200 different songs made my charts in 2019... I feel like all artists that I enjoy release new stuff plus there's plenty of new things too, even my Bubbling Under chart is starting to be overload with songs that would have made my Top40 easily back in the days So the competition is huge this year and a song staying on top for several weeks may be a rare thing.

"Lonely Together" is definitely a weird one and should have been a big hit for me as well, but it kinda never happened because I forgot it? Somehow I never saw it as an official single and I'm not following the charts as closely as I used to do, so I overlooked it back when it got originally released (also, I think it became a hit on its own and iirc they wanted to push another song as the real single). Especially hearing it on "Phoenix" made me really love the song, but I felt it was way too late for an entry then, but the concert gave me enough reasons to finally let it onto my charts.

Oh, so you don't enjoy "Wow"? I think it may have better longevity than the other two songs had with me (though I said the same about "Don't Worry Bout Me" and it fell A LOT the week afterwards )

I saw Taylor's debut on your charts which is cool for her as I still like her, but "ME!" is just so weak. I'm disappointed
    So yes, with Ellie's chartrun in mind, Taylor is likely to have a similar fate as well.

Glad to hear that about Bastille! They have some nice stuff, I've heard "Joy" and "Doom Days" from their upcoming album so far and both are very nice.

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Wed May 8th, 2019, 21:05

Technically, For The Thrones isn't a soundtrack at all - it even says in the title that it's "inspired by".
    As usual, it's a failure. They seem to think folk and rap are the only types of music you can associate with GoT. Barely any of the drama and power of the show translates to these blatant cash-ins. At least Florence's single is pure GRRM and decent.

Slightly surprised to see Rammstein and FKA Twigs.

Did you not like or hear the first Marina album?

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 09:42

Thank you @Blondini

Yes, I wasn't sure about "For The Throne" but I'll change it to 'Various Artists - For The Throne' for my next charts. This probably suits more. A shame that you're not into it though, as I'm really enjoying this compilation. But to be fair, I've only watched my first GoT episode last week so I'm not a fan of the show and can't say if it fits or not, that's probably why I'm enjoying the compilation that much.
    I'm still surprised Florence' song isn't on this compilation.

I've always enjoyed FKA twigs and Rammstein, especially the former, but her new song doesn't do much for me yet.

I didn't bother to check it out when it was released and only listened to it once I fell in love with "Electra Heart", and it didn't do much for me back then. Maybe I should revisit it these days as I've also played "Electra Heart" and "Froot" earlier this week and I'm still loving them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 11:22

My Charts - week 19/2019 – 9 may 2019 - I start showing Symptoms…

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Tarja – Dead Promises

2 (2) Marina – Superstar
    Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (1) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
    Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (37) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-8-11-12-9-7-8-13-18-20-28-37-4- / 15w

5 (3) Michela – Chameleon
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5- / 4w

6 (4) Within Temptation – Mad World
    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6- / 4w

7 (RE) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
    Chart Run: 20-30-38-Out-RE 37-35-38-Out-RE *7*- / 7w

8 (5) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    Chart Run: 7-*5*-8- / 3w

9 (6) Cellar Darling – Freeze
    Chart Run: *2*-6-9- / 3w

10 (RE) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
    Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25-33-Out-RE 10- / 17w

11 (RE) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live
    Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *11*- / 2w

12 (8) Blackpink – Kill This Love
    Chart Run: 12-5-*4*-8-12- / 5w

13 (RE) Ashley Tisdale – Voices In My Head
    Chart Run: *7*-15-36-Out-RE 13- / 4w

14 (11) Zara Larsson – Wow
    Chart Run: *11*-14- / 2w

15 (10) Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G*
    Chart Run: 3-3-6-*2*-3-5-10-15- / 8w

16 (NEW) Banks – Gimme
    Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (9) Avicii feat. Rita Ora – Lonely Together
    Chart Run: *9*-17- / 2w

18 (NEW) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles
    Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (RE) Anne-Marie – Alarm
    Chart Run: *15*-22-Out-RE 19- / 3w

20 (7) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P*
    Chart Run: 5-6-*2*-4-3-4-8-9-12-12-6-11-14-18-22-27-33-39-Out-RE 14-23-39-Out-RE 7-20- / 23w

21 (13) Sofi Tukker – Fantasy
    Chart Run: 24-36-15-*6*-8-13-21- / 7w

22 (16) BTS feat. Halsey – Boy With Luv
    Chart Run: *8*-9-16-22- / 4w

23 (12) Eluveitie – Ambiramus *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-1-4-6-12-23- / 8w

24 (15) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    Chart Run: *1*-3-9-10-15-24- / 6w

25 (24) Mrs. Greenbird – Morals
    Chart Run: *17*-24-25- / 3w

26 (RE) Anne-Marie – Perfect
    Chart Run: *15*-26-40-Out-RE 26- / 4w

27 (RE) Anne-Marie – Ciao Adios
    Chart Run: 35-Out-RE 7-*3*-9-18-29-Out-RE 38-Out-RE 27- / 8w

28 (19) Ellie Goulding – Flux *G*
    Chart Run: 7-*1*-2-2-2-4-7-12-19-28- / 10w

29 (14) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám
    Chart Run: 21-*14*-29- / 3w

30 (RE) Anne-Marie – Then *G*
    Chart Run: 15-16-11-*8*-9-13-20-26-31-37-36-Out-RE 30-Out-RE 30- / 13w

31 (31) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    Chart Run: *24*-26-31-31- / 4w

32 (21) Mark Ronson feat. Lykke Li – Late Night Feelings
    Chart Run: 21-*15*-21-32- / 4w

33 (26) Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend
    Chart Run: 18-13-22-31-34-Out-RE 11-*5*-11-16-26-33- / 11w

34 (23) Robinson – Karma
    Chart Run: *23*-34- / 2w

35 (32) Lizzo – Juice
    Chart Run: *19*-32-35- / 3w

36 (22) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
    Chart Run: *14*-22-36- / 3w

37 (18) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me *G*
    Chart Run: *3*-12-11-14-18-24-30-Out-RE 17-20-24-28-35-Out-RE 18-37- / 14w

38 (NEW) Christina Perri – Tiny Victories
    Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (17) Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down *G*
    Chart Run: 34-13-*8*-11-11-13-12-14-14-9-15-22-30-33-39-Out-RE 17-39- / 17w

40 (34) Mahmood – Soldi
    Chart Run: *34*-40- / 2w

Out of Top40
    Out (20) Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie – Me! (1w)
    Out (25) SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott – Power Is Power (2w)
    Out (27) Rita Ora – Your Song (9w)
    Out (28) Rita Ora – Only Want You (5w)
    Out (29) Billie Eilish – When The Party’s Over (7w)
    Out (30) Rammstein – Deutschland (5w)
    Out (33) Bebe Rexha – Last Hurrah *G* (11w)
    Out (35) Bilal Hassani – Roi (2w)
    Out (36) Rita Ora feat. Bebe Rexha, Charli XCX & Cardi B – Girls (5w)
    Out (38) Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry feat. Snow – Con Calma (1w)
    Out (39) Billie Eilish – You Should See Me In A Crown *G* (14w)
    Out (40) Duncan Laurence – Arcade (2w)

New certifications
    “Love Me & Let Me Go” by Ashley Tisdale goes PLATINUM (400+ points)
    “Then” by Anne-Marie goes GOLD (250+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 11:22

Album Top20

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Ashley Tisdale – Symptoms

2 (1) Marina – Love + Fear
    Chart Run: *1*-2- / 2w

3 (RE) Anne-Marie – Speak Your Mind *G*
    Chart Run: *2*-4-6-6-8-9-9-11-16-Out-RE 15-13-16-18-Out-RE 3- / 14w

4 (2) P!nk – Hurts 2B Human
    Chart Run: *2*-4- / 2w

5 (3) Eurovision Song Contest 2019
    Chart Run: *1*-3-5- / 3w

6 (NEW) Passenger – Sometimes It’s Something, Sometimes It’s Nothing At All

7 (4) Soundtrack – For The Throne
    Chart Run: *4*-7- / 2w

8 (6) Lena – Only Love, L
    Chart Run: *2*-2-3-6-8- / 5w

9 (8) Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Chart Run: *1*-3-3-4-8-9- / 6w

10 (7) Eluveitie – Ategnatos
    Chart Run: *1*-1-2-7-10- / 5w

11 (5) Rita Ora – Phoenix *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-1-5-8-2-2-4-6-6-9-11-16-Out-RE 13-18-Out-RE 5-11- / 17w

12 (9) Cellar Darling – The Spell *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-2-6-7-10-9-12- / 7w

13 (10) Mrs. Greenbird – Dark Waters
    Chart Run: *5*-10-13- / 3w

14 (11) Kerli – Shadow Works *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-8-11-14- / 11w

15 (13) BTS – Map Of The Soul: Persona
    Chart Run: *4*-12-13-15- / 4w

16 (RE) Tarja – The Shadow Self *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13-16-17-15-14-20-18-17-Out-RE 16-18-Out-RE 13-Out-RE 18-Out-RE 16- / 33w

17 (16) Lizzo – Cuz I Love U
    Chart Run: *11*-16-17- / 3w

18 (12) Blackpink – Kill This Love EP
    Chart Run: 7-*6*-9-12-18- / 6w

19 (RE) Tarja – Colours In The Dark *2xP*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-2-4-5-8-9-6-10-10-5-6-8-11-9-10-13-16-12-11-5-6-8-11-11-13-16-17-16-13-17-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 8-19-Out-RE 16-12-15-Out-RE 19- / 40w

20 (17) Within Temptation – Resist *G*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-1-3-2-3-4-7-8-11-8-14-17-20- / 14w

Out of Top20
    Out (14) Dinah Jane – Dinah Jane 1 (2w)
    Out (15) Beyoncé – Homecoming: The Live Album (2w)
    Out (18) Jasmine Thompson – Colour EP (4w)
    Out (19) Maren Morris – Girl *G* (8w)
    Out (20) Khalid – Free Spirit (4w)

New certifications
    “The Spell” by Cellar Darling goes GOLD (100+ points)

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 11:23

Bubbling Under

Spoiler!

1 (NEW) Ashley Tisdale – Insomnia

2 (NEW) Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
    Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) Marina – Karma
    Chart Run: *2*-3- / 2w

4 (1) P!nk feat. Wrabel – 90 Days
    Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (NEW) Iggy Azalea – Started
    Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (NEW) Kylie Minogue – New York City

7 (NEW) Of Monsters And Men – Alligator
    Chart Run: *7*- / 1w

8 (NEW) Bastille – Joy

9 (7) Lena – Ok
    Chart Run: *5*-7-9- / 3w

10 (NEW) JP Cooper & Astrid S – Sing It With Me
    Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

Legend
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 12:16

A really strong song by Tarja, and already a hit in your chart.

It's alright, I guess. Gave me almost Tame Impala feeling the first time I've heard it.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Thu May 9th, 2019, 17:51

The Florence song is probably on Ramin Djawadi's upcoming score album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 11:10

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post

A really strong song by Tarja, and already a hit in your chart.

It's alright, I guess. Gave me almost Tame Impala feeling the first time I've heard it.
    Glad you're enjoying Tarja's "Dead Promises" also that much! Yes, a hit on my charts and I think it will do better than her last two lead singles "No Bitter End" and "Never Enough" as I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed these two. I was a bit worried at first as her singles from the last year and a half didn't do as well with me as her previous stuff, but I'm glad she released a strong one.

Never thought about Tame Impala when listening to "Alligator", but to be fair I'm not really familiar with their stuff. Overall a nice return but I expected something stronger, it's too Pop IMO.

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 11:11

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    The Florence song is probably on Ramin Djawadi's upcoming score album.
    That would fit better than on "For The Throne", so it makes sense.
    Anyways, I still forgot to change the 'Soundtrack' to 'Various Artists' or something else I hope I will think of that when I compile next weeks chart...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 08:40

really glad to see 'Speak Your Mind' re-entering the charts so high. I really like this album and I am even more excited about future releases by Anne-Marie.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 19:56

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE View Post
    really glad to see 'Speak Your Mind' re-entering the charts so high. I really like this album and I am even more excited about future releases by Anne-Marie.
    Me too! She really delivered with her debut and it will be exciting to see what she will bring up next. If you have a chance to see her live, I'd really recommend to see her. Her concert last week was amazing (even better than Rita Ora's concert, and I expected it to be the other way)

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sun May 12th, 2019, 16:30

Oh really? That's pretty cool to know! Also interesting to hear you're always playing Pokémon but no other games... but hey, I'm the same if I play games. Do you have some other consoles besides the Nintendo stuff, like Play Station?
    Yeah, I'm definitely more of a "Pokémon fan" than a true "gamer," if that makes sense (though I'd like to broaden my game selection at least a little at some point). I don't have any other consoles/gaming systems, but I'm pretty sure my bf has them all.

Wow, that's great! But yeah, I forgot that San Francisco is that LGBT-friendly. So you also grew up there? I guess it must have been cool to grow up somewhere knowing that it's more LGBT-friendly there than it many other places. Yes, plus Switzerland is still on a change, it's a very oldschool country when it comes to things like these. It only started to change a little bit over the last few years, but maybe I've just had the wrong experiences as I never really got into the LGBT community until two years ago.
    I've been in California for a while now (over 10 years), but I actually grew up in a suburb of Chicago (then came to Cali for college, and stayed ever since). **Hug** for you having "the wrong experiences." You mentioned that your brother didn't react super-well when you came out, and you just recently started growing close again - but it seems like you're pretty close with your mom, so has she always been pretty accepting/supportive?

She's really cool so yeah, a must see for me (plus I already saw her two years ago as the opening artist for Ed Sheeran and already loved it back then). Ah, you know, tickets for concerts are often already a half year or even a year before the actual date available to buy, so I always buy two tickets for the artists I'd like to see. And around two weeks before it finally hap-pens, I search for someone who joins me.
    Ah, that's a really smart system: buy the tickets early, so they're not crazy-expensive, and then figure out the specifics of who you're taking later. I imagine people are even more willing to join you that way (since you already took care of the purchasing part before asking).

Yes, she was. That's why it's so crazy to me how big she is at the mo-ment when I already followed her when she was more known as a child actress and not a sing-er.
    Was it a similar story with Selena, Demi, and/or Miley for you too? I was more aware of them as actresses than I was of Ari (especially since Hannah Montana was SUCH a pop culture phenomenon), but I never actually watched any of their shows/movies.

I was actually surprised "Thank U, Next" didn't end up in the finale alongside "7 Rings" or "Break Up" as that was the obvious song to win the whole survivor for me. Since "7 Rings" has been such a hit for her, it's probably more the GP that liked it and not her usual fanbase. It will be interesting how her next album will sound like, I just hope she doesn't go the Ed Sheeran route (having a big hit with the GP from one album = x, then follow it up with an album that completely pleases the GP but not the usual fanbase = Divide).
    "Thank U, Next" VS "Ghostin" would've been my dream finale <3 I wonder if "Thank U, Next" just felt too "old"/over-played for some voters by then? Granted, that didn't stop "Anywhere" from winning the Phoenix Survivor (thankfully).

Haha... well, I just started to go to the gym again, so maybe in a few months? But thanks, I'm always the most skeptical about myself when it comes to achievements, no matter if big or small ones so it makes sense when I don't really see it as a positive thing reaching 100+ followers. Love that you decided to do an instagram account as well by the way So you decided to get Apple Music, instagram... what's next, Grindr?
    Only if I'm ever close enough to find you on it I do wonder what you use as your default/profile pic on there...

That's a great point of you as I read somewhere that they changed the sound, but I can't really judge that as I didn't know until last year. So you would say they didn't change the sound with this? Also loving the "Say Something" comparison as it fits perfect-ly.
    I'm definitely no BTS expert, but "Boy With Luv" does seem more like a BTS-type song than a Halsey-type song. When I first saw that Halsey was on the track, I thought they might've made something that sounds more like one of her big radio hits (in order to get BTS more airplay in the US).

Makes sense and I used to do the same, but there have been so many collaborations lately that I stopped doing it. A feature like that would be so nice, a shame they don't do updates anymore. I really thought after that big change a few years ago they'd start to improve even more, but they're back into the 'standby' mode.
    Yeah. I'm really thankful for the service they provide (especially since I don't pay for it) but they definitely don't seem to innovate/update the site much.

Glad "Chameleon" has clicked with you (also now that Akini is sup-porting it as well ). But yes, she has peaked for me now but may re-peak once the contest will start. It's just a crazy time overall and already over 200 different songs made my charts in 2019... I feel like all artists that I enjoy release new stuff plus there's plenty of new things too, even my Bubbling Under chart is starting to be overload with songs that would have made my Top40 easily back in the days So the competition is huge this year and a song staying on top for several weeks may be a rare thing.
    Although it hurts a little when that leads to super-short runs like poor "Sixteen," I'm very pro-turnover in general, and I like how 2019's faster turnover + your Bubbling Under chart gives us an even broader picture of all the music you enjoy.

"Lonely Together" is definitely a weird one and should have been a big hit for me as well, but it kinda never happened because I forgot it? Somehow I never saw it as an of-ficial single and I'm not following the charts as closely as I used to do, so I overlooked it back when it got originally released (also, I think it became a hit on its own and iirc they wanted to push another song as the real single). Especially hearing it on "Phoenix" made me really love the song, but I felt it was way too late for an entry then, but the concert gave me enough reasons to finally let it onto my charts.
    The concert effect basically turned "Lonely Together" into a phoenix!

Oh, so you don't enjoy "Wow"? I think it may have better longevity than the other two songs had with me (though I said the same about "Don't Worry Bout Me" and it fell A LOT the week afterwards )
    **Nod** It's easily my least favorite of her three latest singles.

15 No. 1 debuts? Slay, Tarja, slay!
    • DJ-collaborations have gotten some of the biggest concert-effect-boosts lately: Nicki's "Turn Me On," Rita's "Lonely Together," and now "Don't Leave Me Alone." I like all three of those tunes, though, so that's fine with me! It helped DLMA earn a MUCH better peak too <3 On the topic of Anne-Marie, what blocked Speak Your Mind when it debuted at No. 2?
    • "If I Can't Have You" is cute, catchy...but not quite enough to really stand out for me either.
    • Usually I'd be more upset about Kylie missing out on your main chart, but "New York City" is pretty underwhelming (especially as the ONLY new track for a Greatest Hits release).

Yet another chart that gives me life, Tancel!

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Tue May 14th, 2019, 10:53

Yeah, I'm definitely more of a "Pokémon fan" than a true "gamer," if that makes sense (though I'd like to broaden my game selection at least a little at some point). I don't have any other consoles/gaming systems, but I'm pretty sure my bf has them all.
    That makes absolutely sense as I’d be the same, especially a few years ago when I was really into Pokémon but didn’t play many other games. Ah, just when I read your reply I remembered that we already talked about that iirc so sorry for asking again. Haha, so your bf is a gamer through and through?

I've been in California for a while now (over 10 years), but I actually grew up in a suburb of Chicago (then came to Cali for college, and stayed ever since). **Hug** for you having "the wrong experiences." You mentioned that your brother didn't react super-well when you came out, and you just recently started growing close again - but it seems like you're pretty close with your mom, so has she always been pretty accepting/supportive?
    Ah cool. Chicago must have been cool as well. I just wondered the distance as I’m not really familiar with what state is where so I found out Chicago and Cali are very distant, so may I ask you why you moved from Chicago to Cali?
    Ah yes, my mom has been very accepting. I never felt like she’s not accepting it or something like that which is pretty cool; it’s always been very normal to her.

Ah, that's a really smart system: buy the tickets early, so they're not crazy-expensive, and then figure out the specifics of who you're taking later. I imagine people are even more willing to join you that way (since you already took care of the purchasing part before asking).
    Yeah that’s true. But recently it happened that I actually forgot about tickets I bought so I was too late with asking people to come with me, that would be the bad part when it comes to buying them so early and waiting to ask for someone to join me.

Was it a similar story with Selena, Demi, and/or Miley for you too? I was more aware of them as actresses than I was of Ari (especially since Hannah Montana was SUCH a pop culture phenomenon), but I never actually watched any of their shows/movies.
    Definitely for Selena, a little bit for Miley but not for Demi. As for Selena, I was stanning HARD for her when she was on ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ and was so freaking happy when she decided to pursue a music career as well with Selena Gomez & The Scene back then. That’s also why she was smashing right from the start and I even ordered her album from abroad back then as it wasn’t released until a few months later over here; that was the first time I ordered an album from abroad. As for Miley, the thing with her was that she already combined her music career with her acting career on Hannah Montana, so it feels different in her case as I was stanning for her music and for her series at the same time. Demi’s series never had the same impact as the other two over here and I watched like one or two episodes, that was it. That’s also why it took me a while to get into her…

"Thank U, Next" VS "Ghostin" would've been my dream finale <3 I wonder if "Thank U, Next" just felt too "old"/over-played for some voters by then? Granted, that didn't stop "Anywhere" from winning the Phoenix Survivor (thankfully).
    Mine probably as well as “Ghostin” definitely stands out from the album tracks while “Thank U, Next” is still my favorite single from that era. That’s a good thought and probably the reason; as for Rita’s survivor, even though “Anywhere” was also ‘old/over-played’, the same could be said about “Let Me Love You” while there wasn’t a current hit from the era at the time of the survivor, so that’s probably why it still was able to win the whole thing.

Only if I'm ever close enough to find you on it I do wonder what you use as your default/profile pic on there...
    Haha well there is the possibility to watch profiles from other countries/cities as you can search for that… my profile picture is just a face pic from around 2017 so nothing serious

I'm definitely no BTS expert, but "Boy With Luv" does seem more like a BTS-type song than a Halsey-type song. When I first saw that Halsey was on the track, I thought they might've made something that sounds more like one of her big radio hits (in order to get BTS more airplay in the US).
    Ah yes, that’s true.
    Halsey seems to prepare her third era now as she’s releasing a new single this Friday and with “Without Me” being such a massive hit (still in the Top10 in the US ) I hope she releases a third album soon with “Without Me” on it. If she does that, I’d also love to get a Halsey feat. BTS track following that collaboration on “Boy With Luv” as I’d love to hear the boys on something more Halsey-inspired.

Yeah. I'm really thankful for the service they provide (especially since I don't pay for it) but they definitely don't seem to innovate/update the site much.
    …and that’s probably why they don’t update it much. If there would be a premium membership where people have to pay something, they probably would do more updates for the site.

Although it hurts a little when that leads to super-short runs like poor "Sixteen," I'm very pro-turnover in general, and I like how 2019's faster turnover + your Bubbling Under chart gives us an even broader picture of all the music you enjoy.
    Glad you’re enjoying that fast turnover on my charts. You know, I’m always having some statistics and the discographies of the artists in my head, so it feels sad if an artist doesn’t do as well as they used to do and not because I’m liking them less, but because I’m enjoying so many other songs/albums at the moment. A good example would be Kerli or Within Temptation – two artists I ADORED in the past and still do, but they are underperforming a lot compared to their previous release(s). But then that’s probably a similar problem like we were talking about a few weeks ago when it comes to our own charts… it should be fun and not be too serious.

The concert effect basically turned "Lonely Together" into a phoenix!
    Haha, good one!

**Nod** It's easily my least favorite of her three latest singles.
    Aww… that’s sad to hear as I’d say it’s my favorite one. But even though I’m enjoying “Wow” it will also suffer a big drop this week… well, at least that’s what I predict as the Eurovision Song Contest starts today and will most likely already have a big impact on this weeks chart… plus some other things going on like Ciara’s album release.

15 No. 1 debuts? Slay, Tarja, slay!
    • DJ-collaborations have gotten some of the biggest concert-effect-boosts lately: Nicki's "Turn Me On," Rita's "Lonely Together," and now "Don't Leave Me Alone." I like all three of those tunes, though, so that's fine with me! It helped DLMA earn a MUCH better peak too <3 On the topic of Anne-Marie, what blocked Speak Your Mind when it debuted at No. 2?
    • "If I Can't Have You" is cute, catchy...but not quite enough to really stand out for me either.
    • Usually I'd be more upset about Kylie missing out on your main chart, but "New York City" is pretty underwhelming (especially as the ONLY new track for a Greatest Hits release).

Yet another chart that gives me life, Tancel!
    Yes, she’s the queen of #1 debuts Though she still lacks longevity, she has yet to get a super successful hit like all other of my favorite artists got.

That’s a great point that I didn’t even realize yet! Funny how those DJ collaboration seem to be my favorite tunes on the concerts this year. Will be interesting if something similar may happen with Maren Morris with “The Middle” as I’m planning to see her concert this Sunday (though it’s still not 100% sure, but she’s pretty unknown over here so I don’t need to hurry things with buy a ticket…). I already knew you’d be very happy to see “Don’t Leave Me Alone” peaking that high this week… to be fair, it definitely deserved a better performance during its first run as it’s a great song actually.
    “Speak Your Mind” got blocked by the second week for “My Indigo”, the solo debut album by Within Temptation’s frontwoman Sharon den Adel / My Indigo.

Glad to hear we agree on the new singles by Shawn and Kylie. Both could do so much better; though I think “If I Can’t Have You” may still end up on my main chart after a while if it becomes a hit for him.

Thank you so much

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Thu May 16th, 2019, 12:14

My Charts - week 20/2019 – 16 may 2019 - Eurovision Invasion part one

Singles Top40

Spoiler!

1 (2) Marina – Superstar
    Chart Run: 2-2-*1*- / 3w

2 (8) Kygo & Rita Ora – Carry On
    Chart Run: 7-5-8-*2*- / 4w

3 (RE) Tamta – Replay
    Chart Run: 17-15-10-18-23-30-31-Out-RE *3*- / 8w

4 (1) Tarja – Dead Promises
    Chart Run: *1*-4- / 2w

5 (RE) Bilal Hassani – Roi
    Chart Run: 20-35-Out-RE *5*- / 3w

6 (NEW) Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity

7 (5) Michela – Chameleon
    Chart Run: 2-*1*-3-5-7- / 5w

8 (3) Plastique Tiara – Irresistible
    Chart Run: *1*-3-8- / 3w

9 (RE) Ciara – Thinkin Bout You
    Chart Run: 39-Out-RE *9*- / 2w

10 (4) Ashley Tisdale – Love Me & Let Me Go *P*
    Chart Run: *1*-1-3-8-11-12-9-7-8-13-18-20-28-37-4-10- / 16w

11 (6) Within Temptation – Mad World
    Chart Run: *1*-3-4-6-11- / 5w

12 (NEW) Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
    Chart Run: *12*- / 1w

13 (7) David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie – Don’t Leave Me Alone
    Chart Run: 20-30-38-Out-RE 37-35-38-Out-RE *7*-13- / 8w

14 (9) Cellar Darling – Freeze
    Chart Run: *2*-6-9-14- / 4w

15 (29) Pápai Joci – Az Én Apám
    Chart Run: 21-*14*-29-15- / 4w

16 (NEW) Zena – Like It
    Chart Run: *16*- / 1w

17 (11) Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi – Let Me Live
    Chart Run: 35-Out-RE *11*-17- / 3w

18 (15) Lena – Don’t Lie To Me *G*
    Chart Run: 3-3-6-*2*-3-5-10-15-18- / 9w

19 (12) Blackpink – Kill This Love
    Chart Run: 12-5-*4*-8-12-19- / 6w

20 (14) Zara Larsson – Wow
    Chart Run: *11*-14-20- / 3w

21 (17) Avicii feat. Rita Ora – Lonely Together
    Chart Run: *9*-17-21- / 3w

22 (NEW) Aly & AJ – Church
    Chart Run: *22*- / 1w

23 (16) Banks – Gimme
    Chart Run: *16*-23- / 2w

24 (31) Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    Chart Run: *24*-26-31-31-24- / 5w

25 (RE) Ciara – Dose
    Chart Run: *25*-Out-RE 25- / 2w

26 (RE) Sergey Lazarev – Scream
    Chart Run: 30-Out-RE *26*- / 2w

27 (10) Marshmello & Anne-Marie – Friends *P*
    Chart Run: 5-*1*-1-2-3-5-5-6-3-7-6-2-9-18-25-33-Out-RE 10-27- / 18w

28 (21) Sofi Tukker – Fantasy
    Chart Run: 24-36-15-*6*-8-13-21-28- / 8w

29 (RE) Duncan Laurence – Arcade
    Chart Run: 29-40-Out-RE *29*- / 3w

30 (13) Ashley Tisdale – Voices In My Head
    Chart Run: *7*-15-36-Out-RE 13-30- / 5w

31 (NEW) Eliot – Wake Up
    Chart Run: *31*- / 1w

32 (25) Mrs. Greenbird – Morals
    Chart Run: *17*-24-25-32- / 4w

33 (24) Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    Chart Run: *1*-3-9-10-15-24-33- / 7w

34 (36) Keiino – Spirit In The Sky
    Chart Run: *14*-22-36-34- / 4w

35 (40) Mahmood – Soldi
    Chart Run: *34*-40-35- / 3w

36 (NEW) Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi
    Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (NEW) Serhat – Say Na Na Na
    Chart Run: *37*- / 1w

38 (19) Anne-Marie – Alarm
    Chart Run: *15*-22-Out-RE 19-38- / 4w

39 (RE) Ciara – Level Up
    Chart Run: *14*-26-37-Out-RE 39- / 4w

40 (NEW) Lake Malawi – Friend Of A Friend
    Chart Run: *40*- / 1w

Out of Top40
    Out (18) Adel Tawil feat. Peachy – Tu m’appelles (1w)
    Out (20) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P* (23w)
    Out (22) BTS feat. Halsey – Boy With Luv (4w)
    Out (23) Eluveitie – Ambiramus *G* (8w)
    Out (26) Anne-Marie – Perfect (4w)
    Out (27) Anne-Marie – Ciao Adios (8w)
    Out (28) Ellie Goulding – Flux *G* (10w)
    Out (30) Anne-Marie – Then *G* (13w)
    Out (32) Mark Ronson feat. Lykke Li – Late Night Feelings (4w)
    Out (33) Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend (11w)
    Out (34) Robinson – Karma (2w)
    Out (35) Lizzo – Juice (3w)
    Out (37) Rita Ora – Let You Love Me *G* (14w)
    Out (38) Christina Perri – Tiny Victories (1w)
    Out (39) Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down *G* (17w)

New certifications
    none