X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tansike
    Site Supporter
    • 28 Jan 2012

Thanks for all comments so far!

This weeks charts has to be delayed. I hope i'll be able to post them tomorrow or on saturday. Thanks for understanding <3

Comment

• Tansike
      Site Supporter
      • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by phoenix98
      Horizon definitely sounds familiar, so Ian might've played that one at some point (or I've just seen the title mentioned a lot online) This past week he's really delved into Far Cry 4.

Yeah, like how they made Noibat/eF-eM (brilliant German name, btw) available really early in Verdant Cavern/Vegetationshöhle in USUM, but it can't evolve until Lv. 48 :x Hmmm...maybe when the Pokémon Switch game is finally officially unveiled, the hype will get you back into USUM? Since I finished the Rainbow Rocket arc and explored the rest of Poni Island in Ultra Sun, I've been re-visiting White 2 lately, and I'd forgotten how charming a lot of it is (especially Pokéstar Studios/Pokéwood.) Makes me think that I might underrate Gen V sometimes...
      Never heard of 'Far Cry' so far so i just googled it and the pictures on google look... interesting! What is it about?

Oh yeah definitely, that's a good example. Oh, you really think that name is brilliant? The German name for Noivern is even more interesting: UHaFnir
      I hope so too. I thought may the Virtual Console release of the Crystal edition may change things as well but it didn't so far. But to be fair, i'm sooo busy due to work, school and other stuff so i have absolutely no time to play games. I barely have time for myself and if i do, i need to do other stuff or just want to relax by lying in my bed and watching TV... Hm. I think we already talked about this before and i said that this Generation is also my least favorite (or second least, don't have them all in my mind right now ) but that's probably also because i never played it as much as all other Gens. Maybe i should re-visit that one as well one day. I definitely still remember some nice stuff from it.

Yeah, the one K-Pop song that's on the Hot 100 right now (BTS's "MIC Drop") definitely owes most of that success to sales (it peaked at No. 4 on Digital Songs, while I don't think it's entered the Streaming Songs or Radio Songs charts at all.)
      Ah yeah. Would have been interesting to see how they would have done prior the streaming era. But, the video streams must be helping a lot too, as from what I’ve seen the K-Pop artists get a lot of views on Youtube.

"My Body", or...?

I didn't realize that "Guilty" completely failed to make the UK Top 100. That's really shocking, and SO sad She's never been the biggest hit-maker, but her past couple albums produced at least one UK Top 10 each!
      Yes, or “Tonight’s Not The Only Night”. But, “Til I’m Done” is still a great pick after revisiting the track again last week. Fingers crossed for a moderate success.

Yeah I know, so undeserved. “Crybaby” at least made the Top40 iirc and showed some longevity, while “Guilty” failed to enter the UK charts completely. That was quite shocking to me as it’s a great song…

I'm definitely in no rush, then. I also feel like it doesn't really matter as much since I already liked "End Game" well enough, but I don't think any video could've helped it eclipse "Delicate" (or a couple other album tracks) for me anyway.
      Makes sense. Let’s just hope that if she decides to release “Delicate”, that the video for that one will be (much) better than the ones for “Ready For It?” and “End Game”.

Oh That one's a strong contender for my absolute least-favorite/most-skipped on the entire album. I guess it would've been interesting to see Macy Gray score a hit in the 2010's, though...
      Oops… It started of as one of my absolute faves on the album back then, though some tracks grew on me and that Macy collabo started to bore me every now and then. But yeah, would have been cool (and deserved) to see Macy on the charts again.

Ha, I feel you there! It's especially helpful for quickly checking how older songs performed, and I definitely surprise myself sometimes when I look up exactly how well (or how poorly) certain songs actually did years ago.
      Definitely!

I still haven't heard all of Wildfire (I should probably make that the next album I add to my library, but the Grammys really put SZA on my mind too)...but "Fight Song" definitely has a special place in my heart for being the first Rachel song that I ever noticed/really loved. "Broken Glass" isn't far behind, though, and Waves has a lot of other tracks I really like too ("Perfect For You", "Loose Ends", "Whole Heart", "Collide", "Shivers", "Grace.")
      Oh SZA is someone who has been in my mind for a very long time as well. Would you recommend her album? I’m usually not that much into R&B artists so I wasn’t sure so far. But people are talking so good about her and the music she’s doing.
      These are all great picks, especially “Collide”, “Shivers” and “Loose Ends”, which are all strong album tracks

Hmmm...that's a great question. Wikipedia says it's the soundtrack's second official single, but I haven't read that elsewhere (or seen anything about her filming a video...) :-?
      …and now she just dropped an official music video for it I guess we saw it coming Anyways, I’ve finally heard it, and it’s a good pop song, but also kinda cheesy at some points… I put it on my playlist now due to the video release so it should enter my charts next week (not the one which is yet to be revealed for this week)… so let’s see how much this may grow on me until then. Her voice sounds a bit different than on her other singles... do you think so too?

Aside from those two recent Billboard articles I posted last week, I can't find anything else on their site that talks about "Chunky" being released as a single in the US :-? Those articles were written by two different people, though, which makes me wonder what gave them both that idea. To make things even more confusing: back in November, "Chunky" was mentioned in a Billboard article about the best deep cuts/non-singles of the 21st century Basically, Billboard can't get their story straight...so maybe "Chunky" was planned to be the fourth single, but got cancelled, or some kind of REALLY limited release at the last minute? Or those Billboard writers are just checking Wikipedia and failing to notice that "Chunky" was Australia-only...
      SO confusing Anyways, maybe he’s releasing another single and hopefully it’s “Chunky”, so that would make up for that mess and would make everything clear Since everyone is able to edit Wikipedia, that’s obviously not the best source, but then, these album pages are usually trustworthy…

I've seen a lot of praise for "She Loves Control", and I definitely wouldn't mind if it became her next single. Like you're saying, I really didn't expect to enjoy so much of the album, especially after being really underwhelmed by "Crying In The Club" and "OMG" (so it's kind of fitting she left them off, since they would've been among my least-favorite moments on the album) After the album got pushed back, I also expected them to add a bunch of rushed, sub-par "Havana" knock-offs, but that's not the case at all!
      I’d love that too. Ah, I actually enjoyed both of these songs a lot. By the time of their releases, I even preferred “OMG” to “Havana” And “Crying In The Club” is her most successful chart entry by far on my charts. But listening to the album now, it actually makes sense to leave them off. It’s a surprisingly cohesive debut album from her.

Eh, I just tried to watch it again, and getting all the way through is a real struggle To me, it feels like night-and-day from the "New Rules" video, which totally captivated me from the first viewing and kept me coming back for more - but I'm glad to see more fans are enjoying the "IDGAF" video than I expected! It's definitely commendable that she continues to put more thought/vision into her videos, but the entertainment value is just lacking for me this time around. To be fair - there aren't many videos that really hook me and I don't watch them much in general, so the fact that I'm not compelled to come back to "IDGAF" again just falls in line with how I feel about most videos.
      Sounds not good at all! But I have to agree with you when it comes to videos overall. 2017 was yet another very weak year when it comes to official videos, there were only a few really good ones. “New Rules” definitely belongs to them, “Bad Liar” and “Symphony” were two other highlights.
      But I guess you’re enjoying “IDGAF” apart from the video, do you?

o Aw, I didn't have any problem with "Across The Sea", but I'm NOT okay with it blocking Kylie in its THIRD WEEK on top :x That complaint aside, it's still amazing to see "Dancing" debut inside your Top 2 (and instantly become one of her highest-peaking songs ever!)
      o Glad that "Never Be The Same" is still climbing (and still above "Havana.") ;)
      o Ha, like you mentioned, it didn't take long for "My My My!" to wind up higher than "End Game."
      o Is Platinum a realistic possibility for "Perfect For You" anytime soon...?

Yet another refreshing chart, Tansike!
      As you say, it’s already one of her highest peaking songs ever, so that’s already a great feat for her. The thing last week was that the competition wasn’t that strong. She would have made a much lower debut during some other weeks. Don’t get me wrong, I really, really enjoy “Dancing”, but I’m also far from being amazed by it. “Across The Sea” topped the charts easily for a third week…

I think “Never Be The Same” may be my favorite Camila track ever now Who would have thought a few weeks ago?

Yes… sadly I’m already starting to get over both of these songs now…

With the upcoming charts (finally to be revealed later today), it will be at 388 points, and it would need 400 points to be certified with Platinum. So theoretically, it’s very near to Platinum, but practically I’m not sure if it will reach it, as it may leave the charts very soon…

Thanks a lot

Comment

• stevyy
        Site Supporter
        • 14 May 2005

Re: My Charts - week 4 - Dancing Across The Fire

12 (17) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *G*
        Chart Run: *2*-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12- / 13w

amazing to see them climb again. What sparked the re-newed interest?
        My Chart

Comment

• Tansike
          Site Supporter
          • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by stevyy
          12 (17) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *G*
          Chart Run: *2*-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12- / 13w

amazing to see them climb again. What sparked the re-newed interest?
          I finally put "Whatever It Takes" onto my playlist, then it was able to enter my charts due to that, started to love the track again and due to that i re-visited the album

Comment

• Tansike
            Site Supporter
            • 28 Jan 2012

thanks so much for all comments

week 05/2018 – 1 february 2018 Night, Joanne

• Singles Top40

It’s a good week for new entries, as eight new arrivals made the Top40 this week, and it’s quite incredible to see seven of them making the upper half, including three Top5 debuts. It’s however a bad week when it comes to last weeks new entries, as five of them are already leaving the charts, including “Sick Boy” by The Chainsmokers, “God’s Plan” by Drake” and “Rolling Stone” by Mylene Farmer, who all made the Top30.

The top debut goes to the new project Auri and their debut single “Night 13”, which makes a stellar debut at number one. Auri is a project by Nightwish mastermind Tuomas Holopainen, his wife and singer Johanna Kurkela and fellow Nightwish musician Troy Donockley. It’s already the third successful new project formed by symphonic metal legends, following The Dark Element by Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen and My Indigo by Sharon den Adel. “Night 13” got an impressive 115 plays since I’ve discovered it last saturday, making it already the second most played song of the year only behind Leaves’ Eyes’ “Across The Sea”, which dips 1-2 this week after topping the charts for three weeks. Completing the Top3 is Lady Gaga’s latest single. The singer picked “Joanne” as the next release of the album with the same name, and she even released a new piano version for it. With its arrival at number three, it becomes her seventh Top3 arrival in a row and her 23rd hit to reach the Top3 overall, which is an impressive stat as she has collected 29 chart entries in total so far.

Just missing out a Top3 debut is Nina Kraljic. The Croatian singer has picked “Lay You Down” as the next single of her debut album “Samo”, which already came out a year and a half ago. Nina rose to fame with “Lighthouse”, the Croatian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, and with “Lay You Down” debuting at #4, it becomes her third song to peak at that position, only “Zaljuljali smo svijet” was able to do better and even topped the charts in late 2016. Following the hits “Get Low” and “Stay”, Zedd has teamed up with Maren Morris and Grey on a new single called “The Middle”, which enters the charts at #13. It’s the highest entry for Maren Morris and Grey, while Zedd already got several higher peaking entries so far. Just two spots below there’s “My Way” by One Bit and Noah Cyrus as another new entry. One Bit never made an entry so far, while it’s already Noah’s sixth chart entry and second highest peaking one. While country superstar Chris Stapleton already got two entries on the album charts last year, he only gets his very first notation on the Singles Charts ever, as he teamed up with Justin Timberlake on his newest release “Say Something”, which arrives at #17. With this, it surpasses the #19 peak of “Filthy” from three weeks ago to become Justin’s highest peaking chart entry ever. Also arriving in the Top20 is “Til I’m Done”, the third single of Paloma Faith’s “The Architect”. It follows-up “Guilty”, which leaves the Top40 this week after eight weeks, making it her longest charting single ever and overall it is her second most successful entry so far. Last but not least, the band DNCE owns the eighth and final new arrival of the week with their new single “Dance”, which makes a rather low entry at #38.

The rest of the best: Kylie’s “Dancing” is down 2-5, followed by Noah Cyrus’ “Again” (4-6). First Aid Kit earn a second Top10 hit as “It’s A Shame” rises 11-7, “Feuer” by Faun drops 3-8, Sigrid’s “Strangers” recovers 10-9 while Bruno Mars and Cardi B close the Top10 with their “Finesse” (6-10).

My Indigo’s “Out Of The Darkness” leaves the Top10 for its first time after six weeks (8-11), but the song goes Gold this week. “Home” by Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors & Bebe Rexha (7-12), “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons (9-14) and “The Champion” by Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris (5-16) are all leaving the Top10 as well. It’s probably an even bigger surprise to see Dua Lipa’s “IDGAF” (14-21) already falling down and Taylor Swift’s “End Game” already dropping 17-28 in her third week. Apart from these drops, it seems to be a good week for The Dark Element, as both of their songs are climbing, with “The Ghost And The Reaper” going up 32-27 and “My Sweet Mystery” recovering 37-31. Last but not least, Marina Kaye’s “Something” goes Platinum this week (34-37). It’s already her fourth song to do so.

The Dark Element’s “My Sweet Mystery” is the biggest climber while Taylor Swift’s “End Game” is the biggest loser this week.

1 (NEW) Auri – Night 13
            Chart Run: *1*- / 1w

2 (1) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2- / 4w

3 (NEW) Lady Gaga – Joanne
            Chart Run: *3*- / 1w

4 (NEW) Nina Kraljic – Lay You Down
            Chart Run: *4*- / 1w

5 (2) Kylie – Dancing
            Chart Run: *2*-5- / 2w

6 (4) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again (Alan Walker Remix) *P*
            Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-6-8-11-10-11-8-7-10-11-9-14-7-2-2-4-6- / 19w

7 (11) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame
            Chart Run: 26-Out-RE 11-*7*- / 3w

8 (3) Faun – Feuer
            Chart Run: *3*-8- / 2w

9 (10) Sigrid – Strangers
            Chart Run: *5*-6-8-10-9- / 5w

10 (6) Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse
            Chart Run: *4*-5-6-10- / 4w

11 (8) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Out Of The Darkness *G*
            Chart Run: *1*-2-2-5-7-8-11- / 7w

12 (7) Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors & Bebe Rexha – Home
            Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-4-7-12- / 6w

13 (NEW) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle
            Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (9) Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
            Chart Run: *4*-7-6-9-14- / 5w

15 (NEW) One Bit & Noah Cyrus – My Way
            Chart Run: *15*- / 1w

16 (5) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
            Chart Run: *3*-5-16- / 3w

17 (NEW) Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
            Chart Run: *17*- / 1w

18 (12) Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
            Chart Run: 25-Out-RE 15-*12*-18- / 4w

19 (NEW) Paloma Faith – Til I’m Done
            Chart Run: *19*- / 1w

20 (13) Anne-Marie – Then
            Chart Run: 15-16-11-*8*-9-13-20- / 7w

21 (14) Dua Lipa – IDGAF
            Chart Run: 24-*14*-21- / 3w

22 (18) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P*
            Chart Run: 5-6-*2*-4-3-4-8-9-12-12-6-11-14-18-22- / 15w

23 (15) Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug – Havana
            Chart Run: 30-39-Out-RE 22-*15*-23- / 5w

24 (20) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
            Chart Run: 21-*20*-24- / 2w

25 (19) Sam Smith – One Last Song
            Chart Run: *12*-16-12-19-25- / 5w

26 (16) Troye Sivan – My My My!
            Chart Run: *11*-16-26- / 3w

27 (32) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper *G*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-6-7-11-15-20-29-32-27- / 12w

28 (17) Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran & Future – End Game
            Chart Run: *10*-17-28- / 3w

29 (21) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells *G*
            Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-10-13-21-29- / 9w

30 (23) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
            Chart Run: *13*-15-16-23-30- / 5w

31 (37) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery *P*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-9-12-9-10-12-20-23-21-24-28-35-Out-RE 37-31- / 18w

32 (25) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
            Chart Run: 12-*7*-8-13-10-12-17-25-32- / 9w

33 (24) Eminem feat. Ed Sheeran – River
            Chart Run: *8*-14-19-24-33- / 5w

34 (31) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You *G*
            Chart Run: *3*-4-7-10-15-12-14-10-16-22-29-31-22-24-25-31-34- / 17w

35 (30) Inna – Nirvana
            Chart Run: *2*-4-5-8-14-17-23-30-35- / 9w

36 (27) Bebe Rexha – I Got You *P*
            Chart Run: 15-2-*1*-5-9-10-6-5-12-14-25-34-Out-RE 32-21-13-18-27-36- / 18w

37 (34) Marina Kaye – Something *P*
            Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-6-8-6-8-11-13-19-22-23-28-33-34-37- / 16w

38 (NEW) DNCE – Dance
            Chart Run: *38*- / 1w

39 (36) Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels – I Miss You *G*
            Chart Run: 13-11-7-7-*6*-6-8-16-19-18-21-28-36-39- / 14w

40 (39) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29-21-22-1-5-16-23-28-37-35-34-25-26-31-39-40- / 35w

Out of Top40
            Out (22) The Chainsmokers – Sick Boy (1w)
            Out (26) Drake – God’s Plan (1w)
            Out (28) Mylene Farmer – Rolling Stone (1w)
            Out (29) Liam Payne & Rita Ora – For You (3w)
            Out (33) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo *G* (11w)
            Out (35) Troye Sivan – The Good Side (1w)
            Out (38) Paloma Faith – Guilty (8w)
            Out (40) Justin Timberlake – Supplies (1w)

• Album Top20

Despite their single losing the top spot on the Singles Top40, Leaves’ Eyes’ “Sign Of The Dragonhead” still spends a third week atop the album charts. First Aid Kit remained strong as well, as their “Ruins” spends a second week at number two. Bringing some change into the Top3 are The Dark Element, as the group rises 7-3 with the self-titled album, which is the first time they’re back in the Top3 this year. The album also goes Platinum this week.

There are three new entries and two re-entries, but none of them made a really big impression. However, all of the new arrivals were still able to enter the upper half, with Sigrid’s “Don’t Kill My Vibe” EP debuting at #6, Trauffer’s “Schnupf, Schnaps + Edelwyss” entering the charts at #8 and Stefflon Don’s “Hurtin’ Me” EP being new at #10. All of these artists never made it onto my album charts so far.

Making the Top10 complete: Camila Cabello’s “Camila” dips 3-4, followed by Rachel Platten’s “Waves” (4-5) which goes Platinum this week, earning her the very first Platinum certification ever. Meghan Patrick’s “Country Music Made Me Do It” is down 5-7, while Lady GaGa’s “Joanne” climbs back up 11-9 as the last entry in the upper half. The lady has a reason to celebrate this week, as “Joanne” gets certified with 2x Platinum, being already her fifth album with a multiple Platinum status.

Halsey’s “hopeless fountain kingdom” (8-11), Fall Out Boy’s “M A N I A” (6-12), the soundtrack for ‘Bright’ (9-13) and Inna’s “Nirvana” (10-15) all fall out of the upper half. As every year since its release four years ago, Anette Olzon makes a re-entry on the album charts early in the year with “Shine” (#14). It’s its 113th charting week and with that and its 7x Platinum status, it’s the longest charting and most successful album ever on my charts to date. The other re-entry goes to Nina Kraljic, as her debut album “Samo” is back at #18 following the release of “Lay You Down”.

1 (1) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1- / 3w

2 (2) First Aid Kit – Ruins
            Chart Run: *2*-2- / 2w

3 (7) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-5-9-5-6-9-7-3- / 12w

4 (3) Camila Cabello – Camila
            Chart Run: *2*-3-4- / 3w

5 (4) Rachel Platten – Waves *P*
            Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-5-7-8-11-12-8-5-5-4-5- / 14w

6 (NEW) Sigrid – Don’t Kill My Vibe EP
            Chart Run: *6*- / 1w

7 (5) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
            Chart Run: *3*-5-7- / 3w

8 (NEW) Trauffer – Schnupf, Schnaps + Edelwyss
            Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (11) Lady GaGa – Joanne *2xP*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-3-5-4-6-5-8-11-7-9-11-10-6-1-1-4-8-9-12-16-19-Out-RE 17-18-14-15-20-Out-RE 15-9-11-14-18-Out-RE 11-9- / 35w

10 (NEW) Stefflon Don – Hurtin’ Me EP
            Chart Run: *10*- / 1w

11 (8) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *2xP*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16-11-14-16-12-9-8-6-6-9-10-7-3-6-8-11- / 35w

12 (6) Fall Out Boy – M A N I A
            Chart Run: *6*-12- / 2w

13 (9) Soundtrack – Bright: The Album
            Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-13- / 5w

14 (RE) Anette Olzon – Shine *7xP*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 12-14-11-8-7-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 10-10-9-9-4-6-15-17-Out-RE 5-12-14-20-Out-RE 15-19-Out-RE 14- / 113w

15 (10) Inna – Nirvana *G*
            Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-2-2-7-10-15- / 8w

16 (12) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *G*
            Chart Run: *2*-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12-16- / 14w

17 (16) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma *G*
            Chart Run: *2*-3-6-8-8-13-11-12-15-19-18-12-13-16-16-17- / 16w

18 (RE) Nina Kraljic – Samo
            Chart Run: *1*-2-4-7-10-14-17-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 18- / 9w

19 (14) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *G*
            Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15-10-12-16-Out-RE 10-14-19- / 18w

20 (13) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *2xP*
            Chart Run: 2-*1*-2-7-9-20-17-14-16-18-16-20-Out-RE 16-13-11-5-2-3-2-1-2-3-6-12-15-14-Out-RE 13-11-8-12-7-8-14-14-18-17-16-11-12-18-15-Out-RE 16-18-11-14-19-15-16-Out-RE 18-19-Out-RE 11-13-20- / 53w

Out of Top20
            Out (15) Bebe Rexha – All Your Fault, Pt. 1 *G* (13w)
            Out (17) First Aid Kit – Stay Gold *G* (10w)
            Out (18) Taylor Swift – Reputation *G* (11w)
            Out (19) Eminem – Revival (4w)
            Out (20) Sam Smith – The Thrill Of It All (10w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Comment

• Tansike
              Site Supporter
              • 28 Jan 2012

New certifications

2x PLATINUM
              Lady GaGa – Joanne [album]

PLATINUM
              Marina Kaye – Something [single]

Rachel Platten – Waves [album]
              The Dark Element – The Dark Element [album]

GOLD
              My Indigo – Out Of The Darkness [single]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

• heppolo
                Legend
                • 17 May 2009

Re: My Charts - week 5 - Night, Joanne

1 (NEW) Auri – Night 13

Less metal, more drama. The vocals are good here, for sure.

A good ballad, Nina's voice fits well in this.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• JSparksFan
                  Moderator and Site Supporter
                  • 24 Jul 2009

Your #1 got off to such a great start, then veered into boring territory somewhere midway, then just before the end it picked up a bit. Not bad, but a bit of an inconsistent first impression for me.

Great to see "Joanne" debuting so high. I actually haven't seen the video, or heard the new piano mix yet, so I need to remedy that ASAP.

You're really getting into country music! Nice to see that First Aid Kit song in your Top 10.

1 (NEW) Auri – Night 13
                  5 (2) Kylie – Dancing
                  7 (11) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame
                  16 (5) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
                  Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#6]
                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
                  AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
                  Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                    Site Supporter
                    • 29 Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tansike
                    Never heard of 'Far Cry' so far so i just googled it and the pictures on google look... interesting! What is it about?

Oh yeah definitely, that's a good example. Oh, you really think that name is brilliant? The German name for Noivern is even more interesting: UHaFnir
                    I hope so too. I thought may the Virtual Console release of the Crystal edition may change things as well but it didn't so far. But to be fair, i'm sooo busy due to work, school and other stuff so i have absolutely no time to play games. I barely have time for myself and if i do, i need to do other stuff or just want to relax by lying in my bed and watching TV... Hm. I think we already talked about this before and i said that this Generation is also my least favorite (or second least, don't have them all in my mind right now ) but that's probably also because i never played it as much as all other Gens. Maybe i should re-visit that one as well one day. I definitely still remember some nice stuff from it.
                    I'll have to get back to you on that, since I'm not really sure what it's about I haven't watched him play this one much, partially because he plays it on his computer (whereas he'd play Assassin's Creed on the TV.)

The timing of the Crystal Virtual Console release was kind of awkward too, coming so soon after Gold & Silver. If it had been available at the same time as the other two, I definitely would've picked Crystal, but since I just played through Gold a few months ago, it's way too soon to dive into Crystal now (though it's cool that they managed to incorporate the Celebi event into international versions.). Have you gotten hooked on any particular TV shows lately?

Yes, or "Tonight's Not The Only Night". But, "Til I'm Done" is still a great pick after revisiting the track again last week. Fingers crossed for a moderate success.

Yeah I know, so undeserved. "Crybaby" at least made the Top40 iirc and showed some longevity, while "Guilty" failed to enter the UK charts completely. That was quite shocking to me as it's a great song…
                    Yeah, based on how the first two singles performed (especially poor "Guilty"), I've got my expectations set VERY low for "Til I'm Done" It debuted at No. 95 on the latest UK chart, so that's a step in the right direction, at least...

Oh SZA is someone who has been in my mind for a very long time as well. Would you recommend her album? I'm usually not that much into R&B artists so I wasn't sure so far. But people are talking so good about her and the music she's doing.

These are all great picks, especially "Collide", "Shivers" and "Loose Ends", which are all strong album tracks
                    If you're usually not into R&B/"Neo Soul", her album probably won't do much for you (and, admittedly, isn't really clicking with me either) The clear standout for me is "Prom" - but that track doesn't really represent the sound of the rest of the album at all The rest is much more...slow/chill (though there's definitely emotion in the tracks.) It does feel like a much more honest, vulnerable, revealing album than the kind of "personal" material we sometimes get from poppier acts (which usually just involves super generic/cliché stuff that applies to basically everyone, like "I feel ugly sometimes...")

Glad you agree!

…and now she just dropped an official music video for it I guess we saw it coming Anyways, I've finally heard it, and it's a good pop song, but also kinda cheesy at some points… I put it on my playlist now due to the video release so it should enter my charts next week (not the one which is yet to be revealed for this week)… so let's see how much this may grow on me until then. Her voice sounds a bit different than on her other singles... do you think so too?
                    The timing of that video release was pretty hilarious, right after our conversation here "Cheesy" is a pretty fair description (such a bubbly poppy love song seems like a really strange fit for what I thought was an edgy adult movie about kinky sex.) I think Hailee sounds like herself in the verses, but I can hear what you're saying during the chorus. She still sounds good enough to have me hooked, though. <3

I'd love that too. Ah, I actually enjoyed both of these songs a lot. By the time of their releases, I even preferred "OMG" to "Havana" And "Crying In The Club" is her most successful chart entry by far on my charts. But listening to the album now, it actually makes sense to leave them off. It's a surprisingly cohesive debut album from her.
                    I must've blocked out my memory of that Is that still true for "Crying In The Club" now?

Sounds not good at all! But I have to agree with you when it comes to videos overall. 2017 was yet another very weak year when it comes to official videos, there were only a few really good ones. "New Rules" definitely belongs to them, "Bad Liar" and "Symphony" were two other highlights.
                    But I guess you're enjoying "IDGAF" apart from the video, do you?
                    I'd definitely put the "Boys" video up there too ;) Eye candy-factor aside, I really loved the diversity of the guys included and the overall sense of playfulness/cheekiness that so perfectly suited the song.

I like it. It's a similar situation to Camila, actually, where almost the whole album is pretty consistently enjoyable for me. The problem in Dua's case is that a lot of the tracks that seem most single-worthy were already released somewhere/attained at least some chart success before "New Rules" exploded. "Hotter Than Hell" and "Last Dance" were never promoted in the US before, and I would've rather seen them push one of those than "IDGAF."

I think "Never Be The Same" may be my favorite Camila track ever now Who would have thought a few weeks ago?
                    Right on! Although there's a few album tracks that give it pretty stiff competition for me, I'm tempted to call it my favorite single of hers, at least! I do like "Havana", but something about NBTS just resonates with me more. The way she sings (and pronounces) the "nicotINE, heroINE, ,morphINE" part is...different...but in a way that really works for me!

With the upcoming charts (finally to be revealed later today), it will be at 388 points, and it would need 400 points to be certified with Platinum. So theoretically, it's very near to Platinum, but practically I'm not sure if it will reach it, as it may leave the charts very soon…
                    That seems REALLY close...but yeah, it has to manage to actually stay on the chart to rack up those 12 remaining points.

1 (NEW) Auri – Night 13
                    2 (1) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea
                    5 (2) Kylie – Dancing
                    9 (10) Sigrid – Strangers
                    11 (8) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Out Of The Darkness *G*
                    13 (NEW) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle
                    19 (NEW) Paloma Faith – Til I’m Done
                    21 (14) Dua Lipa – IDGAF
                    29 (21) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells *G*
                    31 (37) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery *P*
                    36 (27) Bebe Rexha – I Got You *P*
                    37 (34) Marina Kaye – Something *P*
                    39 (36) Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels – I Miss You *G*
                    • Hmmm. This is a very sparse, stripped-down new No. 1. I'm getting "I See Fire" flashbacks a bit In the sense that you're much better at appreciating this kind of more understated, slow-burning track. Basically, it's just too subtle for my "JUST MAKE IT CATCHY!" tastes. ;)
                    • I need a little more time with the new version of "Joanne", since I just got around to adding it yesterday, but it made a stronger first impression than I expected! It's no surprise that Gaga can nail a ballad, but I figured I'd come away from this version just feeling like "It's nice/sweet/touching, but I'm fine sticking with the original", and it's actually a closer call than that so far. How do the two versions compare for you?
                    • Lovin' that Top 20 debut for "The Middle." I've gotten hooked on several of Zedd's singles before ("Spectrum", "Clarity", "Stay The Night", "I Want You To Know", "Stay", etc.), and the fact that the video for this one dropped during The Grammys just drilled it even deeper into my brain! Could I see his chart history here?
                    • "Say Something" is the most palatable of the three Man Of The Woods preview tracks...but I'm definitely in no rush to check out the rest of the album.
                    • "Til I'm Done" seems to be off to a pretty strong start, given that "Guilty" took a while to even debut before climbing to its No. 17 peak...

Yet another chart that looks good at any time of day, Tansike!
                    last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Tansike
                      Site Supporter
                      • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by heppolo
                      1 (NEW) Auri – Night 13

Less metal, more drama. The vocals are good here, for sure.

A good ballad, Nina's voice fits well in this.
                      Glad you enjoy the vocals on "Night 13", i really like them too and am looking forward to the whole album

Agreed! I'm glad she decided to shoot a video for this track as it's one of her best ones ever.

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                      Your #1 got off to such a great start, then veered into boring territory somewhere midway, then just before the end it picked up a bit. Not bad, but a bit of an inconsistent first impression for me.

Great to see "Joanne" debuting so high. I actually haven't seen the video, or heard the new piano mix yet, so I need to remedy that ASAP.

You're really getting into country music! Nice to see that First Aid Kit song in your Top 10.

Thanks for checking out the latest #1! I get what you mean though. For me it's very well done, though the end where it gets picked up is a bit too short.

Excited to hear your thoughts about it. I like the piano version, but the album version remains far superior.

Ha, true! First Aid Kit's album is really strong, 'it's a shame' they're not more successful

Comment

• Tansike
                        Site Supporter
                        • 28 Jan 2012

I'll have to get back to you on that, since I'm not really sure what it's about I haven't watched him play this one much, partially because he plays it on his computer (whereas he'd play Assassin's Creed on the TV.)

The timing of the Crystal Virtual Console release was kind of awkward too, coming so soon after Gold & Silver. If it had been available at the same time as the other two, I definitely would've picked Crystal, but since I just played through Gold a few months ago, it's way too soon to dive into Crystal now (though it's cool that they managed to incorporate the Celebi event into international versions.). Have you gotten hooked on any particular TV shows lately?
                        Haha okay, no problem Makes sense, I don’t know if I would watch my partner gaming something on the computer as well…

So true! This release seemed kinda rushed and I got why many fans were angry when this got announced. But it was a clever strategy for them to get more money that way, I guess.
                        TV shows. Hmm… we just discovered a new show called ‘Atypical’ on Netflix, which is really cool. Other than that, I binge-watched the two seasons of ‘Dirk Gentley’ lately which are awesome, plus I absolutely love ‘Star Trek Discovery’ at the moment. A shame the first season ends in a week Also, I’m loving RuPaul’s Drag Race, though only three seasons are available over here and I watched them 2-3 times already. So as you can see, I’m really into Netflix stuff at the moment Other than that, The Big Bang Theory is always a staple plus a huge guilty pleasure of mine is starting this week (‘Germany’s Next Topmodel ) … what about you?

Yeah, based on how the first two singles performed (especially poor "Guilty"), I've got my expectations set VERY low for "Til I'm Done" It debuted at No. 95 on the latest UK chart, so that's a step in the right direction, at least...
                        Haha true … I’m still shocked how “Guilty” never did it, so “Til I’m Done” is already more successful!

If you're usually not into R&B/"Neo Soul", her album probably won't do much for you (and, admittedly, isn't really clicking with me either) The clear standout for me is "Prom" - but that track doesn't really represent the sound of the rest of the album at all The rest is much more...slow/chill (though there's definitely emotion in the tracks.) It does feel like a much more honest, vulnerable, revealing album than the kind of "personal" material we sometimes get from poppier acts (which usually just involves super generic/cliché stuff that applies to basically everyone, like "I feel ugly sometimes...")
                        Okay, you just convinced me NOT to check the album out! It didn’t click with you isn’t the best sign plus as I said it’s not my favorite genre anyway so I’ll probably not enjoy it. But I really liked her on “What Lovers Do” so that’s also why I thought I may like it. Maybe I’ll try it out during a less busier time of the year (not when it comes to new releases, but life in general…).

The timing of that video release was pretty hilarious, right after our conversation here "Cheesy" is a pretty fair description (such a bubbly poppy love song seems like a really strange fit for what I thought was an edgy adult movie about kinky sex.) I think Hailee sounds like herself in the verses, but I can hear what you're saying during the chorus. She still sounds good enough to have me hooked, though. <3
                        I know! We really saw it coming, did we?! :cool: Kinda glad to hear you agree with my statement about “Capital Letters” being cheesy, and I didn’t even mean it in a negative way. But yeah, it’s funny how this and “For You” are ‘bubbly poppy love song’ (what an amazing description from you!) despite the movie being all kinky… Also, she got me hooked as well now!

I must've blocked out my memory of that Is that still true for "Crying In The Club" now?
                        Yes, “Crying” is still her most successful song. It had a really good chartrun (22-14-*12*-12-15-18-23-27-34-Out) so it’s still a pretty long way for “Never Be The Same” to match that success.

I'd definitely put the "Boys" video up there too ;) Eye candy-factor aside, I really loved the diversity of the guys included and the overall sense of playfulness/cheekiness that so perfectly suited the song.

I like it. It's a similar situation to Camila, actually, where almost the whole album is pretty consistently enjoyable for me. The problem in Dua's case is that a lot of the tracks that seem most single-worthy were already released somewhere/attained at least some chart success before "New Rules" exploded. "Hotter Than Hell" and "Last Dance" were never promoted in the US before, and I would've rather seen them push one of those than "IDGAF."
                        Ah, I know you loved that vid! But you probably also still remember that I didn’t…

Ah makes sense. “Last Dance” is an amazing pick btw, as it’s my favorite song from her apart of “New Rules”

Right on! Although there's a few album tracks that give it pretty stiff competition for me, I'm tempted to call it my favorite single of hers, at least! I do like "Havana", but something about NBTS just resonates with me more. The way she sings (and pronounces) the "nicotINE, heroINE, ,morphINE" part is...different...but in a way that really works for me!
                        YAS! Amazing! And I LOVE that you’re mentioning this part of the song. It seems to get a lot of critics, but it’s by far my favorite part of “Never Be The Same” <3

That seems REALLY close...but yeah, it has to manage to actually stay on the chart to rack up those 12 remaining points.
                        …now a week later, I think she may get it. I’ve been really into “Waves” again so the chances for “Perfect For You” to say on the chart for a very few more weeks are really there now.

• Hmmm. This is a very sparse, stripped-down new No. 1. I'm getting "I See Fire" flashbacks a bit In the sense that you're much better at appreciating this kind of more understated, slow-burning track. Basically, it's just too subtle for my "JUST MAKE IT CATCHY!" tastes. ;)
                        • I need a little more time with the new version of "Joanne", since I just got around to adding it yesterday, but it made a stronger first impression than I expected! It's no surprise that Gaga can nail a ballad, but I figured I'd come away from this version just feeling like "It's nice/sweet/touching, but I'm fine sticking with the original", and it's actually a closer call than that so far. How do the two versions compare for you?
                        • Lovin' that Top 20 debut for "The Middle." I've gotten hooked on several of Zedd's singles before ("Spectrum", "Clarity", "Stay The Night", "I Want You To Know", "Stay", etc.), and the fact that the video for this one dropped during The Grammys just drilled it even deeper into my brain! Could I see his chart history here?
                        • "Say Something" is the most palatable of the three Man Of The Woods preview tracks...but I'm definitely in no rush to check out the rest of the album.
                        • "Til I'm Done" seems to be off to a pretty strong start, given that "Guilty" took a while to even debut before climbing to its No. 17 peak...

Yet another chart that looks good at any time of day, Tansike!
                        Oh wow, I didn’t even think of “I See Fire” yet despite adoring that track But that’s a very fitting comparison! I know what you mean though, and that’s probably also why I enjoy the second half a bit more (especially starting with the small ‘beat’/whatever it is kicking in during the second verse).
                        Thanks a lot for checking it out!

I prefer the original/album version by far. The ballad is nice and all, but there’s something missing for me. I get why she decided to release a piano version for it, but the album version has so much more to offer. Anyways, since some people said she’s performing the piano version on her concert, I was looking forward to hearing it that way so this version may grow on me… but… she cancelled the concert this sunday Sorry for the rant and I know it’s not her fault but apart from “Joanne” the song (which is part of my charts so it’s on my playlist), she’s currently blacklisted for me….. I still can’t deal with that cancellation!

Glad you like this entry! I really enjoy the track at the moment and it’s so good to see the sympathetic Maren Morris getting a hit outside the US as well now. Zedd definitely already released some awesome tunes… here’s his discography. A slightly different version to usual as he’s not one of my faves/biggest artists on my charts and therefor he doesn’t have the same ‘Discography’ like the others. Anyways, apart from “Stay”, he has yet to get a really big hit on his own (wouldn’t count “Break Free” to that but it still belongs to his discography…).

I agree on “Say Something”, which is also why it’s already Justin’s highest peaking song ever on my charts! It’s a nice tune. I’m kinda surprised my partner hates it (he’s a big fan of Chris & Justin )
                        The album is much better than expected and sooo much better than the “The20/20 Experience” messes. Though it’s also far from being a masterpiece. I still need to get a bit more into it, but I’m definitely positively surprised.

True, but I’m not sure if she can surpass that #19 entry…

Thanks a lot

Comment

• Tansike
                          Site Supporter
                          • 28 Jan 2012

thanks so much for all comments

week 06/2018 – 8 february 2018 Sorry, we’re doing this My Way

• Singles Top40

It’s yet another busy week, as seven new arrivals made the Top40 with three of them making their debut inside the Top10, plus two new entries from a week ago are also able to rise into the Top10, which shakes up the Top10 a lot.

It’s a logical conclusion. Following her first certified hit ever, another big hit and an incredibly successful album, it was time to see Halsey finally getting her very first top hit. “Sorry” is the lucky track, as the singer has released a video for the ballad, which seemed to be a big fan favorite since the release of the album “hopeless fountain kingdom”. Its biggest competition came from One Bit and Noah Cyrus, as their collaboration “My Way” jumps 15-2 to become Noah’s second track to peak at number two – so far! Auri’s “Night 13” closes the Top3 as it dips 1-3.

As mentioned, there are another six debuts on the chart with another two of them making the Top10. Australian rapper Iggy Azalea is finally back with a new single called “Savior”, which makes a great start at #5. It’s still unclear when her second studio album will drop, but from four charting tracks from the expected second album, “Savior” is already the third to make the Top10. It’s also the fourth and highest appearance for the featured Quavo so far. Noah Cyrus not only got her second Top10 with “My Way”, but also her third as she debuts at #8 with her new single “We Are…”. The track only got announced last week and got released this monday. With this arrival, the sister of Miley Cyrus already owns seven chart entries with three of them making the Top10, so it should be time for her debut album to come out. Meanwhile, “We Are…” also features Danish singer MØ, who already has eight chart entries now and also three Top10 hits.

Hailee Steinfeld has yet to release a full-length studio album, but the singer/actress is slowly turning into a very consistent chart force. Following her highest peaking entry ever in form of “Let Me Go”, she arrives at #13 with “Capital Letters”, which is from the upcoming ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ movie soundtrack. A few spots lower is a special song. Despite being released a few months ago and being on a few charts back then due to an iPhone commercial, Sofi Tukker & Co. only arrive at my charts now, as their “Best Friend” debuts at #18. This is due to a new game on UKMix where this song was part of and it got me hooked. Jennifer Lopez is back with a new song sung in English called “Us” and debuts at #30 with it. The seventh and final new entry of the week goes to CHVRCHES, as their “Get Out” is new at #36 as their second notation ever following “Bury It” (#37 in 2016).

The rest of the best: “Across The Sea” by Leaves’ Eyes is down 2-4, Nina Kraljic’s “Lay You Down” slips 4-6, Sigrid’s “Strangers” stays at #9 and “Joanne” by Lady GaGa drops milder than expected following her concert cancellation (3-10). The tenth and final entry goes to Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey, as their “The Middle” jumps 13-7 following its debut a week ago.

While it’s a very good week for Noah Cyrus when it comes to her new tracks “My Way” and “We Are…”, her third charting track “Again” has to leave the Top10 again this week (6-11). But it’s still very impressive to see the song being so high, as it’s charting for 20 weeks now and never left the upper half of the singles charts. “It’s A Shame” by First Aid Kit (7-12), “Feuer” by Faun (8-15), “Dancing” by Kylie (5-16) and “Finesse” by Bruno Mars and Cardi B (10-17) all leave the Top10 as well. Following the album release, Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton rise a bit with “Say Something” (17-14), being a possible first Top10 contender for both artists. While the Super Bowl had a big impact on my weekly chart last year, it’s different this year, as Justin didn’t benefit at all and Carrie Underwood’s “The Champion” – which is #1 on US iTunes since the event – even drops 16-24, leaving the Top20 after a meager three weeks.

One Bit & Noah Cyrus’ “My Way” is the biggest climber, while Sam Smith’s “One Last Song” (25-38) and Troye Sivan’s “My My My!” (26-39) share the title as the biggest losers this week.

1 (NEW) Halsey – Sorry

2 (15) One Bit & Noah Cyrus – My Way
                          Chart Run: 15-*2*- / 2w

3 (1) Auri – Night 13
                          Chart Run: *1*-3- / 2w

4 (2) Leaves’ Eyes – Across The Sea
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-4- / 5w

5 (NEW) Iggy Azalea feat. Quavo – Savior
                          Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (4) Nina Kraljic – Lay You Down
                          Chart Run: *4*-6- / 2w

7 (13) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle
                          Chart Run: 13-*7*- / 2w

8 (NEW) Noah Cyrus feat. MØ – We Are ****ed
                          Chart Run: *8*- / 1w

9 (9) Sigrid – Strangers
                          Chart Run: *5*-6-8-10-9-9- / 6w

10 (3) Lady Gaga – Joanne
                          Chart Run: *3*-10- / 2w

11 (6) Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION – Again (Alan Walker Remix) *P*
                          Chart Run: 3-*2*-4-6-8-11-10-11-8-7-10-11-9-14-7-2-2-4-6-11- / 20w

12 (7) First Aid Kit – It’s A Shame
                          Chart Run: 26-Out-RE 11-*7*-12- / 4w

13 (NEW) Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop – Capital Letters
                          Chart Run: *13*- / 1w

14 (17) Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
                          Chart Run: 17-*14*- / 2w

15 (8) Faun – Feuer
                          Chart Run: *3*-8-15- / 3w

16 (5) Kylie – Dancing
                          Chart Run: *2*-5-16- / 3w

17 (10) Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse
                          Chart Run: *4*-5-6-10-17- / 5w

18 (NEW) Sofi Tukker feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno – Best Friend
                          Chart Run: *18*- / 1w

19 (11) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – Out Of The Darkness *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-2-5-7-8-11-19- / 8w

20 (12) Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors & Bebe Rexha – Home
                          Chart Run: 3-*1*-3-4-7-12-20- / 7w

21 (14) Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
                          Chart Run: *4*-7-6-9-14-21- / 6w

22 (19) Paloma Faith – Til I’m Done
                          Chart Run: *19*-22- / 2w

23 (18) Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
                          Chart Run: 25-Out-RE 15-*12*-18-23- / 5w

24 (16) Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
                          Chart Run: *3*-5-16-24- / 4w

25 (27) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-4-6-7-11-15-20-29-32-27-25- / 13w

26 (20) Anne-Marie – Then
                          Chart Run: 15-16-11-*8*-9-13-20-26- / 8w

27 (22) Rita Ora – Anywhere *P*
                          Chart Run: 5-6-*2*-4-3-4-8-9-12-12-6-11-14-18-22-27- / 16w

28 (31) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-9-12-9-10-12-20-23-21-24-28-35-Out-RE 37-31-28- / 19w

29 (23) Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug – Havana
                          Chart Run: 30-39-Out-RE 22-*15*-23-29- / 6w

30 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez – Us
                          Chart Run: *30*- / 1w

31 (24) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
                          Chart Run: 21-*20*-24-31- / 3w

32 (29) Lindsey Stirling – Carol Of The Bells *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-2-1-3-10-13-21-29-32- / 10w

33 (21) Dua Lipa – IDGAF
                          Chart Run: 24-*14*-21-33- / 4w

34 (30) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
                          Chart Run: *13*-15-16-23-30-34- / 6w

35 (34) Rachel Platten – Perfect For You *G*
                          Chart Run: *3*-4-7-10-15-12-14-10-16-22-29-31-22-24-25-31-34-35- / 18w

36 (NEW) CHVRCHES – Get Out
                          Chart Run: *36*- / 1w

37 (40) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29-21-22-1-5-16-23-28-37-35-34-25-26-31-39-40-37- / 36w

38 (25) Sam Smith – One Last Song
                          Chart Run: *12*-16-12-19-25-38- / 6w

39 (26) Troye Sivan – My My My!
                          Chart Run: *11*-16-26-39- / 4w

40 (28) Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran & Future – End Game
                          Chart Run: *10*-17-28-40- / 4w

Out of Top40
                          Out (32) Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen (9w)
                          Out (33) Eminem feat. Ed Sheeran – River (5w)
                          Out (35) Inna – Nirvana (9w)
                          Out (36) Bebe Rexha – I Got You *P* (18w)
                          Out (37) Marina Kaye – Something *P* (16w)
                          Out (38) DNCE – Dance (1w)
                          Out (39) Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels – I Miss You *G* (14w)

• Album Top20

Another week with three new entries, and another week with no competition for Leaves’ Eyes. Despite all those new entries lately, none of them were highly anticipated, so Leaves’ Eyes easily spend a fourth week atop the charts with “Sign Of The Dragonhead”, which becomes the longest running number one album since Halsey’s “hopeless fountain kingdom” last summer when it comes to consecutive weeks atop the charts. Their biggest competition was “As She Pleases”, the debut EP by American singer Madison Beer. I only checked this out due to its surprisingly high iTunes positions all over the world, and I got positively surprised, so the EP arrives at a great #2. First Aid Kit’s “Ruins” dips 2-3, followed by The Dark Element’s self-titled album (3-4).

The most known release of last week was obviously “Man Of The Woods”, the latest album by Justin Timberlake. The album arrives at #5. It’s his third chart entry following “The 20/20 Experience” and “The 20/20 Experience – 2 Of 2”, which both failed to get a lot success as they peaked at #10 and #13 respectively, making “Man Of The Woods” already his highest peaking entry so far. The third and final debut belongs to US alternative rocker Awolnation, as their new album “Here Come The Runts” is new at #9.

The rest of the Top10: Rachel Platten’s “Waves” remains strong (5-6), Halsey’s “hopeless fountain kingdom” recovers 11-7 due to the new single, Camila Cabello’s “Camila” falls 4-8 and Meghan Patrick’s “Country Music Made Me Do It” is down 7-10.

Sigrid’s “Don’t Kill My Vibe” EP (6-11) and Trauffer’s “Schnupf, Schnaps + Edelwyss” (8-20) leave the Top10, but are still part of this weeks chart. Lady GaGa’s “Joanne” (#9) and Stefflon Don’s “Hurtin’ Me” EP (#10) also leave the upper half, but they leave the charts completely. As for GaGa, that drastic drop is due to her concert cancellation for the concert which would have been in three days, and it would have been my very first concert by Lady GaGa, so my fan heart is still broken and apart from her most recent single, she’s currently blacklisted from my plays.

There are two new certifications. First, Nina Kraljic’s “Samo” goes Gold this week, as it’s climbing 18-13. Second, Lana Del Rey’s “Lust For Life” still shows a nice longevity (19-16) and finally gets certified with Platinum. It’s her third release to do so following her debut “Born To Die” and its follow-up “Ultraviolence”, while the “Paradise” EP and her third album “Honeymoon” went Gold. Going by points, “Lust For Life” is now Lana’s second most successful album ever.

1 (1) Leaves’ Eyes – Sign Of The Dragonhead
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-1- / 4w

2 (NEW) Madison Beer – As She Pleases
                          Chart Run: *2*- / 1w

3 (2) First Aid Kit – Ruins
                          Chart Run: *2*-2-3- / 3w

4 (3) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-1-2-3-5-9-5-6-9-7-3-4- / 13w

5 (NEW) Justin Timberlake – Man Of The Woods
                          Chart Run: *5*- / 1w

6 (5) Rachel Platten – Waves *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-4-4-5-7-8-11-12-8-5-5-4-5-6- / 15w

7 (11) Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom *2xP*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16-11-14-16-12-9-8-6-6-9-10-7-3-6-8-11-7- / 36w

8 (4) Camila Cabello – Camila
                          Chart Run: *2*-3-4-8- / 4w

9 (NEW) Awolnation – Here Come The Runts
                          Chart Run: *9*- / 1w

10 (7) Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It
                          Chart Run: *3*-5-7-10- / 4w

11 (6) Sigrid – Don’t Kill My Vibe EP
                          Chart Run: *6*-11- / 2w

12 (14) Anette Olzon – Shine *7xP*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12-15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-2-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out-RE 8-4-5-3-5-2-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out-RE 12-14-11-8-7-15-Out-RE 16-Out-RE 10-10-9-9-4-6-15-17-Out-RE 5-12-14-20-Out-RE 15-19-Out-RE 14-12- / 114w

13 (18) Nina Kraljic – Samo *G*
                          Chart Run: *1*-2-4-7-10-14-17-Out-RE 17-Out-RE 18-13- / 10w

14 (17) P!nk – Beautiful Trauma *G*
                          Chart Run: *2*-3-6-8-8-13-11-12-15-19-18-12-13-16-16-17-14- / 17w

15 (16) Imagine Dragons – Evolve *G*
                          Chart Run: *2*-2-2-2-3-5-7-11-14-16-19-Out-RE 17-12-16-15- / 15w

16 (19) Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life *P*
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-2-3-4-7-9-10-13-16-20-15-10-12-16-Out-RE 10-14-19-16- / 19w

17 (15) Inna – Nirvana *G*
                          Chart Run: 2-*1*-4-2-2-7-10-15-17- / 9w

18 (13) Soundtrack – Bright: The Album
                          Chart Run: *1*-1-4-9-13-18- / 6w

19 (12) Fall Out Boy – M A N I A
                          Chart Run: *6*-12-19- / 3w

20 (8) Trauffer – Schnupf, Schnaps + Edelwyss
                          Chart Run: *8*-20- / 2w

Out of Top20
                          Out (9) Lady GaGa – Joanne *2xP* (35w)
                          Out (10) Stefflon Don – Hurtin’ Me EP (1w)
                          Out (20) Carrie Underwood – Storyteller *2xP* (53w)

(sorry for eventual mistakes!)

Comment

• Tansike
                            Site Supporter
                            • 28 Jan 2012

New certifications

PLATINUM
                            Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life [album]

GOLD
                            Nina Kraljic – Samo [album]

(these certifications were already added to the charts above)

Click here for the Certification Database

Comment

• heppolo
                              Legend
                              • 17 May 2009

Re: My Charts - week 6 - Sorry, we’re doing this My Way

It's good to witness some love for Sofi Tukker.
                              I have to admit this song feels relatively underwhelming
                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Top10
                                Roadie
                                • 19 Jan 2018

For me is just the opposite - I like 'Get Out' more than 'Best Friend', but everyone has a different taste of music. Nice to see First Aid Kit on chart again, these girls always sound strange in a good way.
                                Top 10 - 05.04.2024

Comment

• Tansike
                                  Site Supporter
                                  • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by heppolo
                                  It's good to witness some love for Sofi Tukker.
                                  I have to admit this song feels relatively underwhelming
                                  I'm probably a bit late with discovering "Best Friends" but it's such a bop

I liked "Get Out" last week, though i'm already over it. Here's hope the album will offer better songs

Originally posted by Top10
                                  For me is just the opposite - I like 'Get Out' more than 'Best Friend', but everyone has a different taste of music. Nice to see First Aid Kit on chart again, these girls always sound strange in a good way.
                                  That's true "Get Out" is not a weak/bad song, but somehow i'm already over it so i hope their upcoming album will have some tunes that will be able to catch more of my attention. Glad you like Frist Aid Kit - and yes, they do

Comment

• JakeP
                                    Superstar
                                    • 19 Aug 2013

Hey Tansike

It's been a while...but let's sort that out right now.

Well, i'm taking part in this months FSC so can Leave's Eyes perform strongly and win some high points from me. I've got to admit i've still got checked this song out. I'm hoping for amazingness, no pressure.

Impressive to see Iggy going into your top 5. I like Savior but i've liked some of her previous songs more.

7 (13) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle

Ok, this is low key growing on me much more than i anticipated. I thought it'd drop out of my chart fairly quickly but its been on the climb for three weeks and now on the verge of going top 10.

13 (NEW) Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop – Capital Letters

This is been a bit of a minor success in my chart. Hailee needs to release another pop anthem if she wants to score another Starving style hit in my chart.

16 (5) Kylie – Dancing

Gosh! That drop though...

OMG Is this a pure co-incidence. Best friend entered my chart last week and is now up to #5 in my latest chart. I'd love to see this become a big hit in your chart too.

30 (NEW) Jennifer Lopez – Us

Not a patch on some of my favourite J-Lo songs like On the floor and Waiting for tonight. It's still an ok song and it did just scrape into my latest top 20. Needless to say, its pretty much set to drop out in my next chart.

Comment

• stevyy
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 14 May 2005

nice top 5 debut for Justin. I hope you will discover and play some of the songs more.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• crystalphoenix
                                        Site Supporter
                                        • 29 Nov 2007

So true! This release seemed kinda rushed and I got why many fans were angry when this got announced. But it was a clever strategy for them to get more money that way, I guess.

TV shows. Hmm… we just discovered a new show called 'Atypical' on Netflix, which is really cool. Other than that, I binge-watched the two seasons of 'Dirk Gentley' lately which are awesome, plus I absolutely love 'Star Trek Discovery' at the moment. A shame the first season ends in a week Also, I'm loving RuPaul's Drag Race, though only three seasons are available over here and I watched them 2-3 times already. So as you can see, I'm really into Netflix stuff at the moment Other than that, The Big Bang Theory is always a staple plus a huge guilty pleasure of mine is starting this week ('Germany's Next Topmodel ) … what about you?
                                        Yeah, you're probably right about that If they had put out Crystal at the same time as the other two, a lot of people would've just bought that version...this way, people had to pick between Gold or Silver if they wanted to play a few months ago, and now they might be tempted to get Crystal as well. Oh well, at least they didn't pull that when they did the VC release of Red, Blue, and Yellow...

Those first two shows you mentioned are brand-new to me, but I did watch the first couple episodes of Discovery with my bf when they first came out (he knows the Star Trek franchise a lot better than I do.) It was a lot darker and more dramatic/intense than I expected Are you a big Star Trek fan overall? What's your favorite Star Trek series? I feel you with the Netflix originals, though! I've seen most/all of Grace And Frankie, Stranger Things, Disjointed, BoJack Horseman, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...and I think that's it?

Haha true … I'm still shocked how "Guilty" never did it, so "Til I'm Done" is already more successful!
                                        "Guilty" totally should've been another "Picking Up The Pieces" and "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" for her and it looks like "Til I'm Done" is already out of the UK Top 100...

Okay, you just convinced me NOT to check the album out! It didn't click with you isn't the best sign plus as I said it's not my favorite genre anyway so I'll probably not enjoy it. But I really liked her on "What Lovers Do" so that's also why I thought I may like it. Maybe I'll try it out during a less busier time of the year (not when it comes to new releases, but life in general…).
                                        Now I feel like I've betrayed SZA a bit Ctrl definitely has some great stuff to offer...but if R&B/Soul typically doesn't interest you, it's very much an R&B record. It's a bit like Kelly's Meaning Of Life situation in the sense that I wouldn't say I really DISlike it - it's just done in a style that typically doesn't stick with me as much as her pop/rock/dance material (though Ctrl does have stronger highlights for me than Meaning Of Life, but still a handful of tracks that haven't clicked with me even after a few listens.)

I know! We really saw it coming, did we?! :cool: Kinda glad to hear you agree with my statement about "Capital Letters" being cheesy, and I didn't even mean it in a negative way. But yeah, it's funny how this and "For You" are 'bubbly poppy love song' (what an amazing description from you!) despite the movie being all kinky… Also, she got me hooked as well now!
                                        I definitely thought you did - but I'd forgive you anyway ;) That just has me even more happy to learn that you're hooked now! I struggle to find a word better than bubbly, but that chorus is just such perfect bouncy uplighting pop fluff <3 She really ought to be as big as Selena, Demi, Ari, Halsey, etc.

Ah makes sense. "Last Dance" is an amazing pick btw, as it's my favorite song from her apart of "New Rules"
                                        I feel like she could've/should've gotten away with re-releasing "Last Dance" in most places instead of "IDGAF", since I don't think it actually charted...anywhere...during its original release? I don't mind the "Last Dance" video, but she also could've made another one to make it feel more like a "new" single. I like "IDGAF" well enough, but I think LD makes a much stronger impact.

YAS! Amazing! And I LOVE that you're mentioning this part of the song. It seems to get a lot of critics, but it's by far my favorite part of "Never Be The Same" <3
                                        That it does I mean...I KIND of get it, and it reminds me of how people don't like when Britney goes into "Chipmunkney" mode...but I still feel like Camila really pulls it off on NBTS, and it helps make the track more interesting/distinct (in a good way!)

I prefer the original/album version by far. The ballad is nice and all, but there's something missing for me. I get why she decided to release a piano version for it, but the album version has so much more to offer. Anyways, since some people said she's performing the piano version on her concert, I was looking forward to hearing it that way so this version may grow on me… but… she cancelled the concert this sunday Sorry for the rant and I know it's not her fault but apart from "Joanne" the song (which is part of my charts so it's on my playlist), she's currently blacklisted for me….. I still can't deal with that cancellation!
                                        NOoOoOoOoO Aw, damn, that's really heartbreaking! I'm sorry. She completely deserves to be in a time-out for now!

Glad you like this entry! I really enjoy the track at the moment and it's so good to see the sympathetic Maren Morris getting a hit outside the US as well now. Zedd definitely already released some awesome tunes… here's his discography. A slightly different version to usual as he's not one of my faves/biggest artists on my charts and therefor he doesn't have the same 'Discography' like the others. Anyways, apart from "Stay", he has yet to get a really big hit on his own (wouldn't count "Break Free" to that but it still belongs to his discography…).
                                        So "Clarity" and "Stay The Night" didn't do anything for you? It looks like he actually owes Ari and Selena for finally turning you on to him He doesn't seem to have the best longevity either, so hopefully Maren can help him reach the rare 10-week-mark...

The album is much better than expected and sooo much better than the "The20/20 Experience" messes. Though it's also far from being a masterpiece. I still need to get a bit more into it, but I'm definitely positively surprised.
                                        Hmmmm. That does make me slightly more open to giving it a chance. Not next...but maybe sometime in 2018.

1 (NEW) Halsey - Sorry
                                        2 (15) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - My Way
                                        4 (2) Leaves' Eyes - Across The Sea
                                        7 (13) Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The Middle
                                        9 (9) Sigrid - Strangers
                                        10 (3) Lady Gaga - Joanne
                                        13 (NEW) Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop - Capital Letters
                                        16 (5) Kylie - Dancing
                                        17 (10) Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B - Finesse
                                        19 (11) My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) - Out Of The Darkness *G*
                                        21 (14) Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
                                        22 (19) Paloma Faith - Til I'm Done
                                        23 (18) Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
                                        27 (22) Rita Ora - Anywhere *P*
                                        28 (31) The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) - My Sweet Mystery *P*
                                        29 (23) Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana
                                        32 (29) Lindsey Stirling - Carol Of The Bells *G*
                                        33 (21) Dua Lipa - IDGAF
                                        34 (30) P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
                                        35 (34) Rachel Platten - Perfect For You *G*
                                        37 (40) Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony *P*
                                        39 (26) Troye Sivan - My My My!
                                        40 (28) Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran & Future - End Game
                                        o Exciting to see Halsey nab her first-ever No. 1 here! She's only reached the pinnacle of Paulboard with "Colors" (as the lead artist), and although I haven't felt as strongly about any of the Hopeless Fountain Kingdom offerings so far, I'm still feeling tempted to make it my next album addition.
                                        o Speaking of adding songs/albums - I did with both of Noah's latest releases on Friday, and I'm definitely feeling "My Way" more than "We Are..." too!
                                        o When you mentioned Gaga getting blacklisted, I honestly thought that meant "Joanne" would tumble 3-OUT.
                                        o Really pleased to see that Top 20 debut for "Capital Letters." Hopefully it can climb "up baby, up" to your Top 10...
                                        o Glad that "Perfect For You" is still hanging around, but this didn't give it enough points to reach Platinum? I don't think I ever asked exactly how your points system works...

Yet another chart with no reason to apologize, Tansike!
                                        last.fm​ ❖ Top 30

Comment

• Bellus
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 07 Nov 2012

2 (15) One Bit & Noah Cyrus – My Way
                                          Didn't know baby Cyrus had another song out. Checked this out.....MUCH better then her previous attempts tbh .

Looked into this one as well, since it managed to get a few weeks @ number one! Was again a bit to 'heavy' for me . Though I didn't hate it.

Great to see this debut @ #5!!! One of the best releases in 2018 so far (apart from Dancing ).

16 (5) Kylie – Dancing
                                          Chart Run: *2*-5-16- / 3w
                                          Sis.....this drop . Though I'm glad to see you gave it a chance and that #2 debut.
                                          Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                          Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                          Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                          So does her microphone

Comment

Working...