Thread: R. Kelly

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 13:41

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealest
    I’m not sure why people are so fake outraged about things that were known for about 20 years now. I could care less about his personal life, he’s a musical genius and will forever be legendary.
    Plain and simple. End of discussion.
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 13:58

R Kelly's attorney responding to Gaga's statement:

“Mr. Kelly appreciates that she recognized his immense talent and collaborated with him to help her career, but finds it regrettable that she is now exploiting this controversy to try and help her in her effort to win an Oscar,” Greenberg shared.

Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 13:59

Quote Originally Posted by jochen
    True and with so many 'victims' around the World it wasnt even rape at all.
    Its like: he raped me (aka touched my ass or whatever).

They wanted r. Kelly. They got r. Kelly.
    That some were underaged...thats another Story

My uncle was 26 when he met my aunt aged 15.
    When she was 16 they had a child and are still happy today.

So it can work

Well said and so true. All these het up's are so fake :evil:
    Sometimes I have the feeling young girls can't decide between beeing raped and beeing pissed off because they got no contract or whatever. Same old story: womans are victims and mens are offenders. ALWAYS. And if you have another opinion you're also an offender :-?
    Britney 4 EVER.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:02

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy

“Mr. Kelly appreciates that she recognized his immense talent and collaborated with him to help her career, but finds it regrettable that she is now exploiting this controversy to try and help her in her effort to win an Oscar,” Greenberg shared.

He's so right!!!
    Gagas acting is ridiculous
    But hey, now she have another "bad-business-story" to tell in tears when she recived her oscar.
    Britney 4 EVER.

Manager
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:03

I saw that. The last part made me scream (And I see all truth to it)
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:16

While I'm happy with Gaga's response which was perfectly worded and executed, I hate the whole outrage PC culture that dominates now and forces people to make fake apologizes and things they would never have to do in a normal society. Needless to say, I think it's tragic that a great song like DWUW is now gone from all platforms and will be some sort of a lost song, cult favorite probably. Not to mention all the great performances. :(

So she did a song with him, so what??? He's a musician, it's his job. She didn't sign to be part of his private/love life and she would have no real insight or info for that Surviving documentary so I don't see real reason for her to appear in it in the first place. But of course, the creators of it, the #MeToo armchair warriors and #BlackTwitter mob went after her, ONLY HER. Who cares about a dozen other collaborators R.Kelly had over the last few decades, celebs who tweeted photos from his private parties/events etc. None of those were attacked or demanded an apology. Jay Z??? Where is the outrage over him??? He only made 2 ALBUMS with R. Kelly. I bet he would have a lot of juicy stories to tell in that documentary. But of course, creators of that documentary and #BlackTwitter do not dare to go against their royalty. But, a successful, relevant white woman, is always the easiest target.

Anyway, Gaga did the right thing, the only she could, in the last moment. Hope we can all move on now.
    BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:31

I'm always in two minds about these things now - he's obviously a bit of a nasty character, but at the same time he's yet to be found guilty of any crimes

It is a very slippery slope if we start allowing twitter to decide allegations before courts

I play his music daily so bit unsure about all this :-?

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:32

Quote Originally Posted by Guru

This attorney is spot on with Gaga. The way some celebrities have exploited these kind of events in recent years is disgusting imo. They don't care about anything until it makes them look good

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:40

This calculated gaga beast.
    I hope she Burns in hell.
    !
    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:45

Quote Originally Posted by ginnyfan
    While I'm happy with Gaga's response which was perfectly worded and executed, I hate the whole outrage PC culture that dominates now and forces people to make fake apologizes and things they would never have to do in a normal society. Needless to say, I think it's tragic that a great song like DWUW is now gone from all platforms and will be some sort of a lost song, cult favorite probably. Not to mention all the great performances. :(

So she did a song with him, so what??? He's a musician, it's his job. She didn't sign to be part of his private/love life and she would have no real insight or info for that Surviving documentary so I don't see real reason for her to appear in it in the first place. But of course, the creators of it, the #MeToo armchair warriors and #BlackTwitter mob went after her, ONLY HER. Who cares about a dozen other collaborators R.Kelly had over the last few decades, celebs who tweeted photos from his private parties/events etc. None of those were attacked or demanded an apology. Jay Z??? Where is the outrage over him??? He only made 2 ALBUMS with R. Kelly. I bet he would have a lot of juicy stories to tell in that documentary. But of course, creators of that documentary and #BlackTwitter do not dare to go against their royalty. But, a successful, relevant white woman, is always the easiest target.

Anyway, Gaga did the right thing, the only she could, in the last moment. Hope we can all move on now.
    They are starting to come after Mariah as well. Women are easy targets because of stupid stan culture.
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Manager
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 14:52

#MeToo armchair warriors and #BlackTwitter mob went after her.
    wow

But, a successful, relevant white woman, is always the easiest target.
    Again wow.
    Second: People wouldn't be as focused on her if she hadn't done it NOW instead of years ago and if she hadn't said THIS back in time and done THAT

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 15:48

Quote Originally Posted by Guru

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 15:55

Bish been performing this live everywhere since she recorded it and now she plays innocent!!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 16:03

She is
    Have you seen her at the golden Globes some years ago?

Those spooky eyes?

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 16:25

I cringe at her fakeness in her tears and speeches

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 16:46

I understand defending your client but does his attorney really think R.Kelly helped Gaga's career.

He's delusional. DWUW was a great song but it did not help her career. The ARTPOP era was a messy era and hurt her her image. DWUW didn't change shit for her career wise. Gaga started to regain her popularity in 2015/2016 with the Superbowl, Cheek to Cheek to performance, Grammys, etc. R Kelly wasn't there for any of that. Men always trying to take credit for women's achievements.
    The winds might blow through me
    But I don't care

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 17:10

There are plenty of legendary and/or successful musicians who slept with underage women.

Only R. Kelly is being removed from streaming services.

Luckily I can separate personal life from art.

Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 18:19

!
    You are unbelievable. You are okay with R. Kelly's actions, but want Gaga to burn in hell for being "calculated".
    My personal chart New entries by... Emeli Sandé, Mariah... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 18:31

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

Luckily I can separate personal life from art.
    My exact words to those acting holier than thou.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 18:32

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay

!
    You are unbelievable. You are okay with R. Kelly's actions, but want Gaga to burn in hell for being "calculated".
    I don’t recall him saying he is approving of R Kelly’s (allegation) actions? Unless I missed something :-?