Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1423

Thread: Game Of Thrones

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:32

Well... I didn’t see that coming. I get it, but why act a dick? “Why else would I be here?”

I did guess that the throne would be melted by a dragon though - small victories.

“Ask me again in 10 years”.

Sequel!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:35

I havent been mad about the last few episodes like everyone else but this was bad. Only Sansa and Arya outcomes were good.

Arya spin off needed now.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:40

I didn’t like Bran becoming king. Actually found it quite laughable. But strangely it wrapped up quite nicely. Definitely open to a sequel/spinoff

Superstar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:44

I honestly don’t know how to feel now that it’s all over. I do feel weird about Dani dying like that, like we watched her arc for a decade just to watch her die.

Manager
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 03:45

The season was so good until this episode imo. Very underwhelming.

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 04:03

Game of Thrones 2

10 years later:

1. Bran is murdered.
    2. Arya comes home to figure it out
    3. All 6 kingdoms begin plotting to take the throne
    4. Sansa sends the north to take it: she’s been preparing 10 years for this.
    5. Jon Snow is at war with The New Children of The Forest (who have returned), who still hate men and want to rid Westeros of them.
    6. Daenerys returns on Drogon with an army of dragons - Drogon, in his wisdom, found a priestess of the Lord of Light and had her brought back to life.
    7. The New Children of Forest turn Jon into a new Night King in order to defeat Daenerys and her dragons - and he does.
    8. Arya discovers Bran killed himself in order to make Arya return to kill the Night King again. Bye bye Jon.
    9. Sansa conquers all 6 kingdoms and destroys them all, making herself Queen of Westeros.

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 06:31

I'm not happy with that ending. Dany deserved more.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [80-76]

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 06:57

9/10 Aside from one crucial scene, the last ep is more like an extended epilogue. Great to see characters given space to breath. But the emotional beats don't quite hit as they should. It couldn't possibly live up to expectation. Arya spin-off though...

A dragon has more mercy (and intelligence) than a human. Drogon spin-off, too...

I think maybe the box sets need diving back into - if only to see the Dany clues. I've seen vigorous defences of her turn and the build to it (see Jon Iadarola on The Young Turks - a book and TV fan).

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 12:39

Poor Cersei

She'll always be the Queen in my heart.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Superstar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 13:01

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    9/10 Aside from one crucial scene, the last ep is more like an extended epilogue. Great to see characters given space to breath. But the emotional beats don't quite hit as they should. It couldn't possibly live up to expectation. Arya spin-off though...

A dragon has more mercy (and intelligence) than a human. Drogon spin-off, too...

I think maybe the box sets need diving back into - if only to see the Dany clues. I've seen vigorous defences of her turn and the build to it (see Jon Iadarola on The Young Turks - a book and TV fan).
    Dany going mad makes sense in the books. It truly does. But in the series it really feels off. When Tyrion is making his speech to Jon about Dany and how she needs to be stopped he has a nice long monologue about how everywhere she went evil men died. And nobody could fault her for it. And then she comes to King's Landing and goes berserk and that's it? In the books she is very haunted and insecure. But series intentionally stayed away from that and continued to portrait her as the saviour as if her storyline wasn't about to end in madness. So they dropped the ball on it for sure. It makes sense to ignore source material when it doesn't impact the ending much. But they basically decided tht after 7 seasons Dany will be a completely different character.

The finale for me was meh. A lot of stuff ended up being unimportant. I guess we will just have to wait and see if GRRM will make the pieces fall in a much more satisfying way.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 13:58

When did Greyworm learn to speak like that haha
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 14:33

Depends if he ever writes the bloody things

Personally after this episode I’m not convinced Dany did become ‘The Mad Queen’ but simply had a battle plan and stuck to it. She has always killed people along the way and is genuine in her belief she was creating a better world. As did Hitler. But I don’t think she was actually mad - just knew what she had to do to achieve what she wanted.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 16:11

4.8 on IMDb is absolutely ridiculous. Critics rating 57% Rotten Tomatoes (up from 47% on the previous).
    It's really not that bad.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 16:34

Soundtrack is out and top 5 on UK iTunes

Includes Serj Tankian from System Of A Down on The Rains Of Castamere but Jenny Of Oldstones is only instrumental.
    Bit odd that the single isn't at least put on the end as a bonus.

Manager
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 18:48

I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am by this. One of the greatest shows ever absolutely ruined to the ground in the span of 3 episodes. I sincerely hope Dumb & Dumber get fired from all future projects and that they never ever find work again. Utter talentless pieces of work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 18:54

I wasn't dissatisfied with the last episode it made me cry when Drogon caried Dany body & roared in sadness his mom was dead. Then when Ghost was greeted by a pleased to see him Jon
    Very touching the rest was just a quick wrap up all going seperate ways shame no white walker didn't reappear at the very end that woukd of been good curious ending

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 18:57

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Depends if he ever writes the bloody things

Personally after this episode I’m not convinced Dany did become ‘The Mad Queen’ but simply had a battle plan and stuck to it. She has always killed people along the way and is genuine in her belief she was creating a better world. As did Hitler. But I don’t think she was actually mad - just knew what she had to do to achieve what she wanted.
    She just felt she could not trust anyone she was hurt, lost and felt massive betrayal from all. She saw red & anger when the bells rang out she could probably see Cersei laughing at her if she didn't act on her instinct No not mad queen at all, just a wounded one

Manager
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 19:38

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    4.8 on IMDb is absolutely ridiculous. Critics rating 57% Rotten Tomatoes (up from 47% on the previous).
    It's really not that bad.
    Girl the episode was utter trash. Nothing made sense story or character wise. It felt empty, void of any logic and apathetic.

The score is gonna go even lower with time.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 19:47

It made a lot of sense if you think about it. This was the ending for the TV show and as a show it opened up the possibility of future projects.

People should read the book if they’re so unhappy with the ending. Wouldn’t that be counted as the *real* ending anyway?

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 20:22

Quote Originally Posted by jason2379 View Post
    It made a lot of sense if you think about it. This was the ending for the TV show and as a show it opened up the possibility of future projects.

People should read the book if they’re so unhappy with the ending. Wouldn’t that be counted as the *real* ending anyway?
    He hasn’t written them all yet!
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 20:45

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Poor Cersei

She'll always be the Queen in my heart.
    mine as well

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 20:46

Alright! to me it is a 5-6/10
    I loved the jamie cerse and tyrion scene. It was amazing how vulnerable he appeared to be. And then when he threw the pin. Oh my GOD!!! Dany must have changed eye color cuz of the pressure.. haha!

I liked some specific scenes.

I liked when Dany was walking forward and Drogon opened his wings.
    I also liked when Drgon melted the iron throne.
    The way Dany was killed, even though I expected Arya to assassinate her.
    The Tyrion - Jon scene.
    I liked Sam becoming grand maester
    Sansa becoming the queen in the north. - OMG my favorite fact about the last episode. The moment i anticipated the most. Her Dominatrix clothes are banging! I even felt that Jon should fk her before he goes. She is like.. the Sexiest queen in Westeros. + the only queen alive.

What I disliked though.. All the rest.
    From last episode that Drogon was totally immune and no arrow could reach him, how easily he managed to burn down all of the fleet and scorpions, he brought down the walls and all.. It was not explained well, very quick and unrealistic. Also, Dany going mad queen was like a boom, which made me feel weird even in this episode that I know already she is mad. The only thing that makes me believe it is that when she got rejected again by Jon she said "Let it be fear", meaning that she will lead by fear as she is afraid. She would lead with love if he would love her like she wanted him to.

I gaged when I saw this thing with Bran. When he said, that's what I came for, or something like that. His resting bitch face was all that held me alive. The fact that this person got elected to be the king... It is so... disappointing. But seeing what is left.. out of all these useless people, Bran was the best choice. Sansa was still a woman so it would be hard for others to accept it, so she decided to do what she promised to her people, a free north. Then I realised that apart from Sansa, who moved out of 7 kingdoms, all the rest were a bunch of outsider useless people.

Bran looking for Drogon is the only cool thing that was said.. but still I expected him at least to find him or something. It felt like unfinished business to me.

Arya - I wanted more for her ending. I felt like she just existed after killing the night king. The - going to explore the west of westeros- thing, felt ok, but still.. nothing much.

Jon - I liked that he left the night's watch. I expected to see whitewalkers as they were exiting but sadly.. nothing happened. Having said that history repeats itself as he was again sent to the wall and he went beyond the wall, this time with the wildlings.

The fact that the wall was rebuilt and it seemed like nothing ever happened... unrealistic.
    Last edited by ConstantinosV; Mon May 20th, 2019 at 21:06.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 21:06

Is there a chance for a spin-off?

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 21:10

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    When did Greyworm learn to speak like that haha
    Greyworm was really getting on my tits in this episode

Shame Dany had to die... she was the character that so many of us rooted for all along and it was a shame that was her fate. I didn't expect Jon to be the one to do it. Arya became a little redundant by this episode. Drogon's reaction was brilliant though.

Did anyone else feel the episode felt very empty? Perhaps it was the intention. Didn't see Bran becoming King, but it always made sense for Sansa to be Queen of the North.

I do think this season was definitely rushed - they perhaps should've sown the seeds for more of what occurred in the previous season.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 20th, 2019, 22:26

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantinosV View Post
    The fact that the wall was rebuilt and it seemed like nothing ever happened... unrealistic.
    I've been seeing this "mistake" a lot today and it's not a mistake and the part of the wall that has been destroyed (Eastwatch) isn't where Jon came in the final episode (Castle Black). The wall is huge. It's not a 50 m wall. The damaged part is miles away.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie