Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queer As Folk USA

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 9th, 2012, 21:52

Its one of the most revolutionary television shows in US history - never has a show about gay men and women shocked on such a huge scale.

For me personally, its my favourite show of all-time - and as cliché as it might sound, it actually did change my life [convinced me that there was nothing wrong with the way I felt, and that being attracted to men was perfectly normal which eventually lead me to "come out"].

I know JSparksFan is currently watching it, any other fans here? Brian Kinney must be the most sexy man ever - its amazing to think that of the main and ensemble cast, only three are gay in real life [Justin, Emmett & I think Ted].

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 9th, 2012, 21:58

Quote Originally Posted by 04wayne
    For me personally, its my favourite show of all-time - and as cliché as it might sound, it actually did change my life [convinced me that there was nothing wrong with the way I felt, and that being attracted to men was perfectly normal which eventually lead me to "come out"].
    +1

This show made me laugh, cry, mad, and when I finished watching it, I was a mess lol

I have to say that the last 2 seasons weren't as good as the previous 3, but still great nonetheless. I shouldn't have watched the last episode
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 9th, 2012, 22:00

I've been obsessed with all things QAF for about 4/5 years now, and I've had the box set containing all series' for over 2 years - and with this being said, I still have not been able to watch the final series.

I just can't - I think it will destroy me forever, as I know roughly what happens, and whilst its bitter sweet [Justin/Brian getting together vs Babylon closing and Michael finally moving on from Brian etc] I just don't want to say goodbye!

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon July 9th, 2012, 22:07

I've been obsessed with all things QAF for about 4/5 years now, and I've had the box set containing all series' for over 2 years - and with this being said, I still have not been able to watch the final series.

I just can't - I think it will destroy me forever, as I know roughly what happens, and whilst its bitter sweet [Justin/Brian getting together vs Babylon closing and Michael finally moving on from Brian etc] I just don't want to say goodbye!
    That's probably for the best, the last episode left me depressed for at least a couple of days

I watched QAF twice and I won't watch it again any time soon.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 10th, 2012, 02:00

I just finished season one, episode ten and I just cannot understand what is Michael's deal! David is so perfect but he just keeps pushing him anyway. And for what? Brian who will never view him as anything more than just a friend? :x

Emmett is growing on me like white on rice! He's so funny! I could care less if his character plays into every gay sterotype in the book. He's too sweet for me not to love. <3

Ted is hilarious too. I love his sarcastic humour. Oh, and I can't remember the name of the guy who gave him the drugs but when he and Ted met up again at the club, the guy was a total scumbag. I despise him.

Debbie's great too and she just has so much love for everyone, especially her son! She really does see him as more of a winner than he does himself.

Brian and Justin's relationship is definitely...strange. But as Wayne said, I am growing to like Justin more. Maybe I didn't like him initially because he was getting so much action with Brian and I was pressed about it.

The lesbian couple is cool too. I can't remember their names at the moment but I know I like them both especially the lawyer one who loathes Brian. I usually fast forward their sex scenes though.

Overall, I can't with this show! It's so good!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [15-11]

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 11th, 2012, 05:18

I just finished season one, episode eleven and I was so nervous for Emmett! A part of me thought that the doctor was just calling him back to ask him out on a date. I was partly right. Why did I not guess that his cheque bounced? So typical Emmett!

The whole Michael/David/Brian/Debbie drama was certainly interesting to follow. I am happy that Michael's back with David. I doubt they'll last long though. :(

This show just keeps getting better and better! I'm obsessed!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 11th, 2012, 05:42

Yes, this is a fantastic show!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 18th, 2012, 18:12

I just saw S1, E17 last night and Michael behaved like such a scumbag! I loved when all his friends crashed the party but that scene with Michael and Debbie was definitely sad to see.

I'm glad Melanie and Lindsay are back together! Au revoir, irrelevant French dude!

I'm really starting to appreciate Brian and Justin. I loved Justin's persistence in starting the Gay/Straight Alliance Club at his school and Debbie is just so supportive! She's starting to become one of my ultimate faves.

Emmett and Ted remain amazing characters. Those two are still my faves thus far.

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri July 20th, 2012, 01:26

The end of series 1 is absolutely, heartbreaking. The hospital scene will make you sad, trust me. [shan't say anymore!]

About Ted/Emmett - Ted's character is especially engrossing later on, when he becomes involved in a major storyline and Emmett is sort of his saviour.

I'm not surprised you're falling in love with Brian - he WILL be your favourite character soon [Debbie aside, of course], I just know it

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri July 20th, 2012, 23:41

The end of series 1 is absolutely, heartbreaking. The hospital scene will make you sad, trust me. [shan't say anymore!]

About Ted/Emmett - Ted's character is especially engrossing later on, when he becomes involved in a major storyline and Emmett is sort of his saviour.

I'm not surprised you're falling in love with Brian - he WILL be your favourite character soon [Debbie aside, of course], I just know it
    Aw, I hope it's not Debbie's brother who bites the dust. I really like him. :(

Ted is so kind, perhaps even dangerously so. He and Emmett make a great team, in my opinion. Why don't they date?

As for Brian becoming my favourite character, we shall see about that. I'm definitely beginning to understand him a bit more and he's not at all as uncaring and insensitive as he first appeared. I'm also really loving Brian and I no longer find their relationship to be paedophile-ish...at least not so much anyway.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 22nd, 2012, 06:55

Dude: I've met someone new.
    Emmett: New? We've only been together an hour and forty-five minutes.

I cannot! I'm loving Emmett more and more with each episode. Oh and Ted too, despite the fact that I don't really like nor trust Blake. He's cute though, I'll give him that.

It was so strange seeing Brian jealous over Justin. What a welcome turn of the tables. David's actually really hot for an older guy. I loved his and Justin's little pole dance routines.

As for Vic, I'm still unclear as to what actually went down in the public bathroom. Debbie, as usual, was a complete darling.

Just two more episodes left for me to watch in the first season! Can't wait to see how everything wraps up!

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun July 22nd, 2012, 16:54

OMG you've still got one scene which is one of my favourite scenes in TV history - the last episode of the series if I remember correctly. Shan't spoil it for you but you will love it! (involves Brian and Justin)

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 24th, 2012, 22:16

Come on JSPARKSFAN!

I need you to see that scene I'm talking about, it has one of my favourite songs ever and is an amazing scene!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 04:28

Come on JSPARKSFAN!

I need you to see that scene I'm talking about, it has one of my favourite songs ever and is an amazing scene!
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

That...did...not...just...happen!!!

Everything was going swell. The opening scene was great (and hot, for obvious reasons). Really loved the whole "death" theme of Brian's birthday bash.

I also liked Michael's going away party and how it seemed that every room that Emmett walked in, some couple was arguing. I'm glad that Ted and Blake seem to be over and Emmett's a first-class friend for advising Ted and sticking by him when he needed it. Ted and Emmett are officially my joint faves.

I initially took to David but he really is overbearing at times. Perhaps he and Michael aren't quite the perfect fit I had hoped they would be.

I actually liked other parts of the episode but I can't function right now.

I loved the "Save The Last Dance For Me" scene. That's also one of my fave songs ever.

That last scene has me in tears right now. I cannot believe that just happened. Please tell me that did not happen. I've been using the computer so often lately that my vision might be failing me. That did not just happen.

#HotMessAtTheMoment

I don't even know if I have the heart to watch the second season. That did not just happen.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 04:29

Glad you are loving this Akini!

The "Save The Last Dance For Me" scene is one of the best moments in television!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 04:30

And don't worry, yes the scene in the parking garage is terrible, but it works out in the end.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 05:08

Quote Originally Posted by Bsquared
    Glad you are loving this Akini!

The "Save The Last Dance For Me" scene is one of the best moments in television!
    It really is. Shame it was marred by what came next. :-?

And don't worry, yes the scene in the parking garage is terrible, but it works out in the end.
    I just watched the first half of S2, E1 and I feel so relieved now. Thank God!

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 18:11

Very pleased you finally saw the Save The Last Dance For Me scene!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 18:13

@04wayne have you seen the entire series?

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 18:16

@04wayne have you seen the entire series?
    Its my #1 show in television history - legitimately has changed my life. That being said, I can't bring myself to watch the last episodes of series 5 - sounds silly, but I really don't want to have to say goodbye to the show!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 18:31

Yes it really made an impact on me as well. I can't believe you have the strenght not to watch the last episode, but I get it.

It was really sad to see this show go and sadly, nothing has come close to replacing it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2012, 19:05

Yup, the last few episodes - all I know is that Brian and Justin get together Brian finally realises his love for Justin.

And that's good enough for me! I'll bring myself to watch them one day, but not yet!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri July 27th, 2012, 05:16

I just finished S2, E1 and it was great as usual.

It's so sad about what happened with Michael and David but I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.

Brian is such a good guy! Why is he so intent on making everyone view him as a douchebag? It was sweet of him to visit Justin every night (without his knowledge, of course). I also really loved the prank he pulled on that scumbag of a judge.

The light sentence didn't really surprise me. I must say though, that I am absolutely loving just how real the show is. Rather than just having a TV show parading gay stereotypes and just being completely nonsensical, this show seems to be tackling all of the serious issues faced by the gay community: homophobia (and discrimination as a result), marriage inequality, infidelity within relationships, and so much more.

Ooh, I loved the scenes at the wedding especially Lindsay's proposal. Emmett and the usher were just too much!

Debbie's such a passionate woman! I really love how determined she is to bring awareness to Justin's unfair trial. Gotta love her!

All in all, great episode. I hope Ted gets a new love interest soon and Emmett too, as he really deserves one. I can't wait to see how Michael is going to pick up the pieces of his failed relationship and obviously I'm intrigued to see how the Brian/Justin storyline unfolds now that his mother has practically forbidden Brian to see her son.

This show is so good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 9th, 2012, 02:36

With travelling and the Olympics keeping me busy, I've only been able to squeeze in watching a single episode (S2, E2) and I really enjoyed the latter half with Melanie's proposal and Justin having a breakthrough and finally letting Brian touch him again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)