User Tag List

Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2106

Thread: UKMIX Helpdesk

  1. #2001
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sat March 2nd, 2019, 10:46

    Quote Originally Posted by KEY9481 View Post
    I didnt know where to put this, so here I go.
    @Wayne, would you consider opening a subsection - I dont know where - for tours and musical residencies? Instead of having them spread in the genre subsections.
    Just an idea.
    Include in forum feedback survey please.

  2. #2002
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sat March 2nd, 2019, 10:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    Has something changed in the posting input?

    Blank lines that are input are not displaying.

    There were blanks between each of the three lines in this post for example.

    Regards, M
    Not that I can see?

  3. #2003
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,284
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sat March 2nd, 2019, 21:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I’ve had them! You need to go into your settings and tick the box to save sent messages.
    Ah brilliant. Thank you
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  4. #2004
    Graham76man's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    26 Jul 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 3rd, 2019, 02:31

    I do know it happens on paste as plain text, since if you try and past the text from Pop Bars, it will paste it in boxes. I haven't tried the other method yet, but I will let you know when I do.
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

  5. #2005
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,201
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 3rd, 2019, 10:03

    Can standard members change the titles of threads they initiated??

  6. #2006
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 3rd, 2019, 10:13

    Quote Originally Posted by jio View Post
    Can standard members change the titles of threads they initiated??
    See here: https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...=1#post6972651

  7. #2007
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,603
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 17:12

    I don't know if this is the right topic (so upfront sorry Wayne if this belongs somewhere else), but about the (non accidental) locks of certain topics (Madonna, MJ) in these past few days - why do the threads get locked instead of having those hotheads who were fightning getting 24/48 hr ban to cool their head?

    Also when an admin/mod locks a thread it would be at least respective towards the rest of the users to write a short summary post why he/she locked the thread and when it will get opened so we know what's going on.

  8. #2008
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 17:20

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    I don't know if this is the right topic (so upfront sorry Wayne if this belongs somewhere else), but about the (non accidental) locks of certain topics (Madonna, MJ) in these past few days - why do the threads get locked instead of having those hotheads who were fightning getting 24/48 hr ban to cool their head?

    Also when an admin/mod locks a thread it would be at least respective towards the rest of the users to write a short summary post why he/she locked the thread and when it will get opened so we know what's going on.
    I agree in principle, and I will raise this directly with the moderation team to ensure that when we are locking topics, we are providing reasons why (though I think in the two topics you referenced, it was obvious - though I accept that a moderator message would’ve proved to be informative to regular users of those topics).

  9. #2009
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,603
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 17:29

    Thank you for a quick reply! And yes, in these two topics it was clear, but we were left hanging without a notion when will (or if) the thread get reopened, something I know I would appreciate (and I'm assuming the rest of the users too).

    Also when discussing with the moderator team, please do take into account the pros and cons of locking a thread based on what 2-3 people argue about and leaving dozens of other users unable to reply or add something valuable to the conversation. Personally I'd prefer short term bans over thread locking (unless the thread itself is thematically exhausted of course and there's no point in keeping it open).

  10. #2010
    DOSSOME's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 May 2013
    Posts
    12,731
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 20:29

    Under my "Posting Permissions" I have this :
    "You may post new threads"
    "You may post replies"
    "You may not post attachments"
    "You may edit your posts"

    Does posting attachments come with Premium Membership & could this be the reason I can't even seem to embed YouTube videos?

  11. #2011
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,603
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 20:32

    Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Under my "Posting Permissions" I have this :
    "You may post new threads"
    "You may post replies"
    "You may not post attachments"
    "You may edit your posts"

    Does posting attachments come with Premium Membership & could this be the reason I can't even seem to embed YouTube videos?
    Embedding YT videos should not be a problem despite you not being a Premium member. I can post it normally.


  12. #2012
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Wed March 6th, 2019, 20:33

    Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Under my "Posting Permissions" I have this :
    "You may post new threads"
    "You may post replies"
    "You may not post attachments"
    "You may edit your posts"

    Does posting attachments come with Premium Membership & could this be the reason I can't even seem to embed YouTube videos?
    No, attachments have nothing to do with linking YouTube.

    The BB Code settings for Twitter, YouTube etc are the exact same as they were at old UKMIX - nothing different.

    You mustn't be linking the videos correctly if they aren't embedding properly - can you share a link with me that you're trying to embed? You can embed a direct link to YouTube with either the [YOUTUBE] tags or the [VIDEO] tags.

  13. #2013
    Miguelito's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    08 Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Thu March 7th, 2019, 04:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Not that I can see?
    Sorry to have bothered - whatever the problem was seems to have gone away organically.

    Thanks, M
    My Comprehensive, Christmas LP topics

  14. #2014
    itsawrap's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,936
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 03:55

    Since the update i am not able to figure out how to do this. I live in the u.s., we don't go by 24 hr clock and the date is organized by month, day, then year.
    Me. I am Itsawrap.

  15. #2015
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76,817
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 16:41

    Quote Originally Posted by itsawrap View Post
    Since the update i am not able to figure out how to do this. I live in the u.s., we don't go by 24 hr clock and the date is organized by month, day, then year.
    I’m not sure it’s possible to change this, @Wayne will know.

  16. #2016
    Leo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Nov 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 16:48

    how do you delete a poll in a thread I host? Know how to create one, but cannot find how to delete it once it is over.
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    PLAY Sara Bareilles Artist Survivor @ Music Games & Survivors
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

  17. #2017
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 17:14

    Quote Originally Posted by itsawrap View Post
    Since the update i am not able to figure out how to do this. I live in the u.s., we don't go by 24 hr clock and the date is organized by month, day, then year.
    The forum standard is fixed for all users according to the global setting (which is setup to suit international posters: 24 hour clock and DD/MM/YY) - you cannot personalise this setting as standard, except for selecting the relevant timezone (e.g. GMT).

    Quote Originally Posted by leomedar View Post
    how do you delete a poll in a thread I host? Know how to create one, but cannot find how to delete it once it is over.
    Unfortunately - and frustratingly, as I've said before - it's only possible for Administrators to remove polls due to how they are linked to topics in vBulletin. If you want a poll removing, either report the post with the reason why, or tag one of the Administrators in the topic and we'll remove it for you so you can either add a new one or leave it empty.

  18. #2018
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,279
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 17:21

    Is there a way to use the search bar like the old times? For example, if I search MusicRecords it would give me all the posts by other users where my username was mentioned...now I get results of random threads and stuff I commented on...da fak
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  19. #2019
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 17:32

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Is there a way to use the search bar like the old times? For example, if I search MusicRecords it would give me all the posts by other users where my username was mentioned...now I get results of random threads and stuff I commented on...da fak
    Yes.

    Advanced Search > Change to "Search Single Content Type" > Type Your Keyword In > Show Results As "Posts".

  20. #2020
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76,817
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 20:59

    @Wayne, a quirk in my 90s survivor that keeps happening - when I post a new round, a line of text (usually in the code section, but today in the main text) ends up moving up a line and adding itself to the end of the text there. Any ideas?

  21. #2021
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Sun March 10th, 2019, 21:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    @Wayne, a quirk in my 90s survivor that keeps happening - when I post a new round, a line of text (usually in the code section, but today in the main text) ends up moving up a line and adding itself to the end of the text there. Any ideas?
    Show me an example - it's likely to be an issue of copy/paste html/plain text but will happily take a look.

  22. #2022
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,279
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon March 11th, 2019, 00:42

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Yes.

    Advanced Search > Change to "Search Single Content Type" > Type Your Keyword In > Show Results As "Posts".
    NO

    The results give me some random stuff, and they're not in order by date, also the keyword within the posts is not highlighted like it used to...
    #unacceptable #imapayingcustomer #callthemanager
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  23. #2023
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,756
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon March 11th, 2019, 20:28

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords View Post
    NO

    The results give me some random stuff, and they're not in order by date, also the keyword within the posts is not highlighted like it used to...
    #unacceptable #imapayingcustomer #callthemanager
    Reign it in Nick, there's no need to act like an idiot in every post.

    What I've just instructed you to do does exactly the same as the old UKMIX + includes occasions where you've been quoted - so if your keyword search is a poster's username, then quotes are included as they form part of the post.

  24. #2024
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76,817
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon March 11th, 2019, 20:41

    What sort of narcissist searches for their own username anyway? Get a hobby.

  25. #2025
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,279
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon March 11th, 2019, 21:13

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    What sort of narcissist searches for their own username anyway? Get a hobby.
    Says the one who’s been here since 2003 <3
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •