J. Cole feat. Missy Elliott- Nobody's Perfect

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 21:00

60. Kelly Clarkson feat. Vince Gill - "Don't Rush"
    US peak: 89
    Greatest Hits: Chapter One

After the duet with Reba McEntire and then the country version of "Mr. Know It All" unexpectedly becoming a legitimate country radio hit early in 2012, it was clear that Kelly had an affinity for the genre. And unlike LeAnn Rhymes, Jessica Simpson, well particularly the latter anyway, the transition into probably the least forgiving type of popular music, Kelly sounds very at ease singing "Don't Rush" and it doesn't sound exploitative in the slightest but rather a talented and versatile singer extending her natural pop leaning capabilities to another style of music. Furthermore, "Don't Rush" has an undeniably timeless quality to it. It sounds like it could've charted on the same Hot 100 as "Islands in the Stream" yet it doesn't out out of place in the context of the contemporary country music scene (not that I'm particularly FAMILIAR with it). It also strangely reminds me of "Game of Love" in the middle eight and has some slight Latin tinges. Anyway, I could go on and on about how lush, warm and perfect for the festive season this song is but it's probably the easiest listen you'll find on this entire list. Well, maybe.

59. Agnes - "Loaded"
    Non-single
    Veritas

Following a rather classy-pop trio of "Amazing", "Walk Out of Here" and "One Last Time", with little to no subtlety, "Loaded" waltzes in as utter pop filth and amends all of that. The song is set to an electro-country hybrid production that could only come out of a gay wet dream... for those of you familiar with Gabriella Cilmi's last album - think of a more sexually violent "Boys". The whole premise would be a bit over the top for me if the chorus wasn't so fabulously explosive and Agnes' unfathomable conviction singing some of the admittedly dreadful lyrics: "Get down on your KNEES, say pretty PLEASE!". God only knows if she understood what she was actually saying (I'd like to think not). Another notable lyric is "What. is. that. thing. you are pointing at me?"

58. Cher Lloyd - "Want U Back"
    US peak: 12 / UK peak: 25
    Sticks + Stones

Before I knew anything of Cher Lloyd's music career outside of "Swagger Jagger" or that awful bastardization of "Buffalo Stance", I was pretty sure I'd hate any attempt she had to crack the international market. But "Want U Back" proved me very wrong - an effortlessly sunny tune that wormed its way in your head after just one listen. Admittedly the grunts and pointless helicopter bit are shit but there's no denying that infectious chorus. Needless to say it broke through in the States and she was one of the many UK acts in the past year to score a major US hit. Although surprisingly, it wasn't quite as *big* outside of America and only made the top ten in New Zealand. I also would've expected it to be a bigger UK hit given that it's probably her catchiest singles. However, unlike the UK, we got the non-Astro version which was quite strange given he was on X Factor USA Season 1.

It's too early to tell if Cher is going to become a one-hit wonder Stateside but it doesn't look too rosy considering the album is still short of the 100k mark and the follow-up to "Want U Back"- "The Oath" - has peaked at a dismal #99 on the Hot 100. But anyway, I digress, "Want U Back" is a fantastic Summer hit.[/b]

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 21:02

Sad "Wide Awake" didn't make it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 21:08

Do You is my fave so far

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 21:39

Some good songs there, my favourite by far is Neon Trees!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 22:00

57. Taylor Swift - "Begin Again"
    US peak: 07 / UK peak: 30
    Red

Whilst "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" snagged most of the attention, the lead country single off of Taylor Swift's latest album is more gratifying as a repeat listen. The song seems fairly plain or unspectacular on first glance but after a few tries it definitely crept up on me. But that's just it - the song sort of just carries on like any other Taylor Swift song lyrically and even melody-wise for the most part. But there's something distinctive about "Begin Again" in that it's all about the delivery. The way the chilly instrumental quietly unfolds in the background as Taylor brokenly mumbles "All love does is break and burn and end" is quite lovely. And "I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, cause he never did" is a bit of a tingling moment itself. But that's the thing, the song never quite climaxes in a way that you think a lead single SHOULD. In that respect it's very much the opposite to WANGBT's anthemic qualities and monologue break. It's an especially comfortable listen, in a way that's more than "pleasant" but rather just very heart-warming and poignant.

56. will.i.am featuring Britney Spears - "Scream and Shout"
    US peak: 12 / UK peak: 02
    #willpower

I pretty much agree with 90% of what has been said about this song online. "Scream and Shout" IS flawed in many ways. As ever, the breakdown is pretty blind-sighting and shoehorned as an exercise of being post-Gaga era radio fodder. Just as much, Britney gives her much criticized deadpan vocal along with a panting "I wanna scream and shout" refrain. But nevertheless, it works on some visceral level and has been repeatedly played over again and again and again in my head without fail. It probably helps that it craftily references Britney's breakdown era with Britney's British accent being used to full effect in the hypnotizing verses and the "you are now, now, rockin' with will.i.am and Britney, bitch" hook. Despite it being probably the smaller hit, I feel like "Gimme More" has become more iconic than Britney's official comeback hit "Womanizer" because of that line alone. Anyway, I feel this is a perfect vehicle to get Britney continuing her ascent back to the ranks of the big female pop hitters. She may not be the lead artist on "Scream & Shout" yet she is very much the centerpiece of the song and video and has helped it become will.i.am's highest solo charting single in the States. There's also a quick shot in the video at 3:53 of Britney holding the flaming disco balls that has just struck me more than any other image for some reason. Also loving the Brigitte Bardot inspired hair.

55. Karmin - "Brokenhearted"
    US peak: 16 / UK peak: 06
    Hello

I heard "Brokenhearted" for the first time on my local pop station that champions notable US hits such as "Don't Hold Your Breath", "Papi", "Criminal", so naturally I didn't think much of it and actually thought it was a bit too basic. But as it got bigger, that joyous chorus really grew on me and it kind of makes me think of a brand of 80s pop in the vein of Animotion. I investigated their EP entitled Hello and was quite surprised to find that they are more R&B leaning than the pure lighthearted pop of "Brokenhearted" would suggest and almost too close to - dare I say it - Jessie J. The title track is probably the other solid song on the album although not as good as "Brokenhearted" and it was released as the follow-up. Unfortunately, it didn't really catch much momentum and the fate of Karmin remains to be seen.[/b]

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 22:02

Quote Originally Posted by NothingFails
    Do You is my fave so far
    There were four tracks on Miguel's album that were on my original shortlist for the countdown. Two made the main list but "Do You..." was definitely a close call.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu December 13th, 2012, 22:05

"Begin Again" is great.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:02

The Wanted - Chasing the Sun
    Nicki Minaj - Va Va Voom

57. Taylor Swift - "Begin Again"

The Wanted is so good :(
    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:21

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams
    The Wanted - Chasing the Sun
    Jennifer Lopez - Dance Again
    The Gossip - Perfect World
    B.o.B. - So Good
    Katy Perry - Wide Awake
    Nicki Minaj - Va Va Voom
    Neon Trees - Everybody Talks
    Pretty much love all of those except 'Everybody', but still really like that one!
    59. Agnes - "Loaded"
    OMG! Did definitely NOT expect to see this on here, it's such an amazing song, really glad it's getting recognition from somebody other than me around here! hahaha
    58. Cher Lloyd - "Want U Back"
    Guiltiest pleasure of them all! Me and my friends can't help but explode into song when it comes on! hahaha
    56. will.i.am featuring Britney Spears - "Scream and Shout"
    This is such a sick club thumper, really gets me into a crazy dance mood. The video is very visually pleasing to me too.
    55. Karmin - "Brokenhearted"
    I love this, such a nice pop song! The R3hab remix is the main reason it got any airplay for me this summer though, - sick tune!
    My Countdown Thread! Now: Britney Spears!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:40

54. Alexandra Burke - "Let It Go"
    UK peak: 33
    Heartbreak on Hold

It's strange to think this charted just this June. It already seems like a couple years old. Even before it and its parent album were released there was a bit of a sense of doom in the atmosphere (or blogosphere). I, myself, was expecting for disappointment and for the song itself. I soon warmed to the uplifting track and if you look past the quite generic style of the song, the melody is a very strong one. This can be heard even in the live acoustic version. It's clear how much Alexandra loves the song which makes its commercial failure even more disheartening but I can't help but feel the industry just turned against her and moved on. If she released this at her peak, I have no doubt that it would've been big (maybe right after "Bad Boys" and in the place of "Broken Heels"). But alas, it was not meant to be and the song and the, admittedly crap, album were met with a whimper on the charts.

53. Ke$ha - "C'Mon"
    US peak: 104 (single release is in 2013)
    Warrior

A last minute entry on my list is Ke$ha's newest single: "C'Mon". While I like Ke$ha's latest album and most of the songs on it, I can't help but being underwhelmed by it as a whole and a follow-up to the last 1.5 albums. However, "C'Mon" is the perfect, radio-ready follow-up. The verses are unmistakably Ke$ha that we've heard in her past hits yet the chorus hints at something with a bit more breadth and maturity. Not only is it incredibly catchy and instant but the backing vox add a special quality to it and emote something we haven't quite heard in the other singles. It kind of sounds reminiscent about a past Summer fling or whirlwind romance and has a nostalgic feel to it - sort of akin to "Teenage Dream"... Katy Perry's best single to date, IMO. It remains to be seen if the single really kickstarts the album sales for Warrior or even out-peaks "Die Young" but it's definitely a step in the right direction at least.

52. Train - "Drive By"
    US peak: 10 / UK peak: 06
    California 37

Considering "Hey Soul Sister" is downright unlistenable these days, I choose "Drive By" to fill that void in my iPod for neutered Dad-rock. "Drive By" certainly borrows a page or two from the former from its relentlessly infectious chorus to the astonishingly bad lyrics but has remained a small enough big hit (if that makes sense) to retain its likability. Even its nagging qualities, I can't help but bob my head along to, it's when listenable manages actually being irresistibly repeatable pop. Funnily enough though, Train's subsequent single, "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" is really the EXACT SAME SONG tune-wise, melodically, tempo, inflection, the only real difference are the lyrics and the fact that a few Spanish instruments are thrown on top of "50 Ways...". It really is uncanny if you listen to one after the other.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:44

51. Pink - "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)"
    US peak: 05 / UK peak: 03
    The Truth About Love

With Pink, sometimes it's hard to draw a line between her genuine talent as a singer/songwriter, performer and then Pink the caricature that only knows how to sing angsty Lesbian pop-rock with a comic flare and banal self-help songs in the form of "****in' Perfect". "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" sort of marries the caricature version with something a bit different. That is, instead of just shouting expletives along a comedy video, "Blow Me" sounds remarkably joyous and sincere. And it shakes up the formula just enough to still sound fresh from Pink. The post-chorus of "just one kiss..." is an unexpected turn and the actually gorgeous black and white video is one of Pink's best. It may not have been *quite* as massive as her previous hits of the last few years but I think it was an appropriate song to release after childbirth and reuniting with Carey Hart. It's just a shame that aside from the singles and maybe one other track, The Truth About Love ranges from quite poor to middling.

50. No Doubt - "Dreaming the Same Dream"
    Non-single
    Push and Shove

Disappointingly, No Doubt's comeback effort was generally lacking on the classic melancholy that makes "Underneath It All", "Running", "Simple Kind of Life" all tremendous records in their canon. Yet "Dreaming the Same Dream", the track noted in reviews prior to the album's release as a sort of throwback to 80s anthem pop-balladry such as "Don't You (Forget About Me)" which practically defines that genre I just made up on my own, fills in as a thoroughly satisfying album closer to an album that was several years in the making. The song starts off in a fairly unspectacular fashion with Gwen pondering around the swirling, fittingly dream-like, background, but it takes off and goes full-on 80s as the mystical "oooooooh, ooooooooh"s sweep in after the first chorus and never looks back. But the real breakthrough is the middle eight where the drama creeps up. Additionally, that "who taught you how to love?" is one of those lines that becomes more poignant and impacting the more times it's repeated in the song. The electric guitar only gets more tense as the song presses on, but I actually find it the most integral part of the song, it really adds to the magic and spirit of the song and Gwen's refrain of "Are we dreaming the same dream?" fits perfectly with the chilly atmosphere that the song develops as it closes. And it just hit me that "Dreaming the Same Dream" closely reminds me of one of my favorite Blondie songs, "Angels on the Balcony". Both have the electric guitar, ominous voice, gorgeous and crisp vocals but instead of "ooohs", "Angels..." sports some equally as effective "aahhhh"s.

49. Melanie Amaro - "Long Distance"
    Has not charted yet *optimism*
    A lead single from Melanie's yet-to-be-titled debut album

I'm surprised myself that I'm including this but these past few days since I've known about it, I haven't gone a day without putting it on repeat. Melanie may be a hate-able force herself but when somebody does Jordin Sparks better than Jordin Sparks herself, they deserve to be recognized. "Long Distance" is a giddy pop number that rests on a plentiful selection of hooks. I don't even know how to type out that sound she makes that sounds akin to nervous laugh/loss of breath but that's obviously one of the more notable ones. My actual favorite though is "I CAN'T live without 'CHA, I CAN'T sleep at ALL" which is just bubbly pop goodness. This clearly is not going to be anything chart-wise even though it was performed on X-Factor. Which is an utter crying shame as this deserves to be an easy top ten hit and the sort of song radio plays for months on end, it's just got that effortlessly catchy and hummable quality to it. Well, let's hope she at least gets that album out which has now been pushed back to "early 2013".

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:45

Good to see "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)".

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:57

52. Train - "Drive By"
    53. Ke$ha - "C'Mon"

Love Train

My CHART

Legend
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 18:51

I LOVE what you've written for "Scream & Shout" and I'm surprised to see it in your Top60, since it's fairly a new song.

Glad to see "Drive By" and "Want U Back" on that last as well!
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 19:18

48. Neon Hitch - "Gold"
    Bilboard Hot Dance/Club Play peak: 16
    Beg, Borrow and Steal

I was skeptical of Neon Hitch after the overly try-hard "**** U Betta" but after a featured role singing the hook on "Ass Back Home" (by Gym Class Heroes) and subsequently "Gold", I'm now waiting for her chart breakthrough. I'm not sure "Gold" is quite THAT song, as lovely as it is and the fact that it was penned by Bruno Mars, there's a softness to it. One can easily imagine Bruno Mars singing it as it is very much a female response to "Just the Way You Are" or at least cut from the same cloth as that gushing pop song. Neon Hitch (please get a real name) really does have a wonderfully feminine, gentle voice when given a song like this too. As for Tyga's role on the track, I'm not sure it is necessary at all, it kind of breaks the blissful or peaceful nature of the rest of the song and doesn't really fit all that seamlessly like it should. I'm not sure this was actually pushed in the end, aside from being tossed onto iTunes with very little fanfare, but I can't imagine a better song from our Neon Hitch.

47. Frank Ocean - "Lost"
    UK peak: 120
    Channel Orange

While "Thinkin Bout You" got most of the attention from Frank's much praised impromptu debut album, Channel Orange, "Lost" has probably made more of an impact on me. It's definitely much more relaxed and pop compared to the contemplative "Thinkin Bout You". But for all its more top 40 qualities, "Lost" still merges some of its more up front pop qualities to an almost calypso-tinged rhythm and sound. That slightly exotic feel along with the softly executed production makes it a very soothing listen. "Lost" was given a quite random UK release this month and despite gaining some traction on iTunes, it hasn't achieved its potential. Which is a shame because it's one of the most instant and catchiest tracks on the parent album which admittedly takes a few plays to reveal its charm.

46. Justin Bieber - "All Around the World"
    US peak: 22 / UK peak: 30
    Believe

Borrowing very much from the same palate as "Till the World Ends" or "Blow" or "Chasing the Sun" or "Starships etc., the opener from Bieber's latest album is a stadium-esque pop stamper that explodes into its synth-driven chorus. Sure, it sounds like 75% of the other hits of the past two years but there's an urgency and grandness to "All Around the World" that still makes it very much worthwhile. Ludacris shakes things up a bit and re-energizes the song or preventing it from becoming stale - unlike his unnecessary presence in "Baby". The heavily distorted "woah oh oh oh"s that linger somewhere far in the background gives the song a spacey feel (just as the single cover would suggest) and almost gives a sense of impending doom at any moment (sound familiar again?). Even if the song doesn't have an original quality about it, the song is very well realized and, like much of Believe, is very well produced as well. The brief moment in the beginning of the chorus where the music sort of halts and Justin sings "Cause all around the worrrrlllld, people want to be loooovvved" is terrifically placed right before the heavy pounding beat is put back in. I'm kind of disappointed that it looks like this will be ignored as a proper single (it was one of the buzz/iTunes countdown singles) but given Justin's current streak of three top ten hit singles, I guess no one can complain.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 19:25

45. Christina Aguilera - "Let There Be Love"
    South Korean peak: 92 (non-single)
    Lotus

Many seem to get the impression that X-Tina has a distaste for the poppier, run of the mill, Max Martin stuff on her latest album Lotus but she appears to name check this one in particular every chance she gets and has already performed it twice on TV despite its non-single status. I can see why some may resent it - it's Christina does American top 40 2012 without adding a whole lot of chutzpah or X-Tina concepts to it. Yet, unlike "Around the World" it's unmistakably a Christina tour de force performance and she certainly makes the most out of what she's given. Would it have made a better lead single than "Your Body"? Probably not - Christina has not successfully achieved a dance-pop hit at radio since Gaga changed everything in '08-'09 and this probably wouldn't change that. But "Let There Be Love" is certainly one of the more instant tracks on the album. The sugary rush "ah-oooooooooh, LIKE THAT..." in the pre-chorus is beyond infectious and the pay-off in the form of that refrain is immeasurable. But "Let There Be Love" is far from the best song on its parent album...

44. Miranda Lambert - "Over You"
    US peak: 35 (Cassadee's version peaked at 25)
    Four the Record

I'm a sucker for whiny female country balladry but Miranda Lambert was never really on my radar until this song. Lyrically, it is incredibly run of the mill but for some reason the way her voice gets during "they say I'll be OK, but I'm not going to". Nothing is vaguely good about that line but Miranda really sells it and I'm not sure why. Cassadee Pope from this season of The Voice USA performed it and her cover shot straight to #1 on iTunes. It surprised me a bit because Miranda's original was hardly a big hit or anything. Cassadee's vocal is probably the stronger of the two and less faithful to the country genre but something still gets me about Miranda's version a bit more so.

43. Kylie Minogue - "Timebomb"
    UK peak: 31 / Billboard Dance/Club Play peak: 01
    Timebomb - single

As Kylie's 25th anniversary of her career loomed in 2012, "Timebomb" was a new one-off single that was meant to wet the appetite for a new Greatest Hits, which it erm wasn't included on, and The Abbey Road Sessions a set of re-interpreted past hits. But for the loons it was a way to tide us over until the next album of new material which is likely due in 2013, I'd wager. "Timebomb" didn't offer much of a change of pace, it was akin to the dance and synth-pop we have long associated with Kylie. Yet there was something about Kylie herself that was re-invigorated compared to Aphrodite which ended on a bit of a sour note as far as many of the fans were concerned. "Timebomb" didn't NEED to be big, but rather just a reminder of what Kylie is capable of and maybe gain some radio play along the way. In the end, I think it passed most of our expectations, that response seemed to be generally quite positive and it lingered on the UK chart for good while for a buzz track that wasn't really supporting anything or attached to an album. "Timebomb" may not be groundbreaking for Kylie, or even mark any change of course for her musical style and career but it worked on some level enough to revive my interest in her. It's all about the post-chorus: "we're on a TIMEBOMB, it might not last LONG..."

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 21:15

Lost and Blow Me (One Last Kiss) are my faves of the last few groups

Legend
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

by Fri December 14th, 2012, 21:25

"Timebomb" <3 - Stil don't get it, why it underperformed. Thank God, it#s a hit on your year-end chart!
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 05:17

42. Miguel - Adorn
    US peak: 17 / UK peak: 173
    Kaleidoscope Dream

When "Adorn" first surfaced on the internet in the form of an abbreviated clip it seemed perfectly pleasant but seemed to come short of my other Miguel cut of choice, "Sure Thing". It has grown on me in recent months as its collected more R&B play and even some traction on pop radio. Miguel does have a certain slimy (that he admits to himself) quality, especially in his "slow jams" but "Adorn" is so ******* rich from the production to Miguel's smooth vocal. And in a time when the charts are saturated with electronic influences, "Adorn" very subtly merges that with its softer and warmer qualities and creates this sublime atmosphere that you don't hear so often in contemporary R&B.

41. Rihanna - "Nobody's Business" (feat. Chris Brown)
    Non-single
    Unapologetic

Well if Rihanna was ever one for irony - this is it. After courting basically every type of media outlet for her '777 Tour' and going on a Twitter spree of thinly veiled (if veiled at all) references toward her relationship (romantic or not) with Chris Brown, she opted to duet with Brown on her new album. The premise itself wasn't overtly shocking in any sense given she already released a remix of "Birthday Cake" in which he featured but "Nobody's Business" seemed more of a practice of calling out all of her fans, the public, critics for talking about the former yet in the process seemed to perpetuate the whole saga even more. I don't even think the public really CARES about Rihanna the celebrity but rather was just a bit uncomfortable and taken aback by the reunion the first time around. But all of that aside, "Nobody's Business", much to everyone's displeasure including myself, is a fabulous tune. The track marries a disco, house influenced sound with an R&B edge and a Michael Jackson sample from "The Way You Make Me Feel" which inspires the refrain. In fact it isn't miles away from Madge's "Dance 2Night" or Estelle/Kanye's "American Boy". I'd be lying if I said the Rihanna/Chris pairing and the lyrics didn't disturb me a bit (sometimes the feeling pops in my head but the strings and glossy production keep me distracted) but all in all it's one of the better tracks on a mixed bag of an album.

40. Kris Allen - "The Vision of Love" (Maison & Dragen Radio Mix)
    Billboard Adult Pop Songs peak: 29 (original version)
    Thank You Camellia

Kicking off the top 40 is a euphoric remix that was the dance alternative to the lead single (and only single) of the much slept on Kris Allen sophomore album. The album is actually one of my favorites of the year and even though it doesn't resemble this remix at all and sticks mostly to his traditional style of Hot AC/pop-rock, it's chock full of good melodies and is a nice little Summer album. "The Vision of Love", in its original form, is a little too mellow and less uplifting than the Maison & Dragen mix which makes the most of its chorus. The remix was actually the first form the song leaked as when it debuted in the Spring online and the one I latched onto from the beginning. I'm not surprised "The Vision of Love" didn't take off, in either form, like "Live Like We're Dying" did as that seemed more luck than anything (it stalled for months until it really took off). But hopefully Kris gets another album as I do think is one of the more talented of the last four winners of American Idol that were all white guys with guitars.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 05:20

Adorn is a masterpiece

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 11:34

44. Miranda Lambert - "Over You"

My CHART

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 13:23

Your write ups and really interesting and well thought out!

So far I love 'Don't Rush' (you're right about how easy it seems for Kelly to go into this genre, doesn't seem contrived at all), Want U Back (easily my favourite of her hits too), Begin Again is a total total gem. Weirdly it was quite instant for me though but there probably have been parts that crept up on me. I just find it such a joyous, optimistic song - it gives us all hope.

I love Let There Be Love, Timebomb, Drive By and Dreaming The Same Dream, though I think Long Distance is poor and Scream & Shout a bit desperate.

The best song here for me is Let It Go though, I too found it's failure heartbreaking given her enthusiasm for it. It's such a shame as she's one of the UK's greatest talents.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 14:05

"Nobody's Business" is nice.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by Sat December 15th, 2012, 22:29

Is this really you?? I don't recognise you from the selection so far (i knew you liked Kesha) - dislike most.

Kylie is OK. Miranda (though Cassadee Pope on The Voice improved on it).