Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GUS
    Brilliant

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

by » Tue August 27th, 2013, 16:38

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Controversy is one thing, selling albums is another thing. I used to root for her but she should learn how to actually perform again if she wants to be taken seriously as an artist.
    Madonna was never taken seriously as an artist and look where she is now.

But i'm pretty sure she's gonna have a huge meltdown soon.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue August 27th, 2013, 17:03

Quote Originally Posted by Noahh
    I don't care what anyone says, but I start to love her more every single day.

She's so much more exciting now!
    Absolutely!
    Controversy is one thing, selling albums is another thing. I used to root for her but she should learn how to actually perform again if she wants to be taken seriously as an artist.
    According to pre-sales stats, she seems to be selling albums. Mind you, it's pre orders only. And that was before the performance off of the back of WCS and (just released) WB.

I am not the only new fan. I am not the only new fan that didn't come for controversy: I came for her music. I love her new music. I cool to WCS daily, like no joke!

And she is taken seriously. Maybe not by you. Or Brooke Shields (she's not even relevant now without Miley). But she's relevant. She's doing her own thing.

And all cards are pointing to her continued smashing!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2013, 16:53

Daaaamn, Miley is ugly, reallyyyy ugly!!! How dare she wears that horrible outfit... Robin on the other side is hot, but she is mess... anyways, more promo for Bangerz! hahahaha

by » Wed August 28th, 2013, 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by GUS
    That one with "The Scream" killed me. This is so wrong.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2013, 06:46

I love the fact that Miley is so her! It is good to know what's been hiding under that HM childish, commercial image!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2013, 07:34

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Madonna was never taken seriously as an artist and look where she is now.
    Well, Madonna was singing and dancing (which is what we call an actual performance) in her concerts and other appearances. I mean, I love Miley's songs (believe me I am a fan of her music since the first non-Hannah Montana album) but she's not really performing. She was obviously trying way too hard to draw controversy with that Girls Gone Wild-like stint in the VMAs. :-? :-?

I still love "We Can't Stop" though!

by » Thu August 29th, 2013, 07:59

Whether you like her or not, Miley is now getting interest or attention from many pop fans across the globe. I saw an article comparing her to Madonna.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2013, 10:36

Of course, that's her main goal! What's the use of being a pop star if you're not popular?

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

by » Sat August 31st, 2013, 11:14

I can't at Donald Trump recording a video on Vine to support Miley. The impact

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...ous-video.html
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Fri September 6th, 2013, 16:26

Just when you thought she was "oveR" she comes back and people TALK a lot about her... she's seriously giving pop music a fun time and I love that :3 ...

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2013, 09:23

Miley Cyrus Steps Out in Paris Before 'Wrecking Ball' Premiere

She looks very happy!

Legend
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2013, 14:45

I remember the naysayers who, earlier this year, didn't think she could follow up the successes of her Disney pals, Demi and Selena. Where y'all at? To be honest, I had my doubts too.
    I was ambitious, though I didn’t know exactly what I was shooting for. Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child – What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2013, 15:32

Everyone wrote her off during the flop Can' Be Tamed era, she's the #1 queen of the media spotlight right now!

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2013, 17:23

She should really keep her tongue inside of her mouth, it's embarrassing.

She looks good apart from that tho.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2013, 16:13

I somehow feel like she's doing what Christina Aguilera did in the Stripped days, although Christina's music was somehow more "mature" , but just the feeling of her going extrremely sexual, naked in the videos, and still having great songs and all that... also reminds a lot of Britney's "I'm a Slave 4 U" but it was more like a pop blonde princess, Miley looks trashy like Xtina hahahaha ...

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2013, 16:17

This is actually a big risk because eventually, she will have to be more about the music and not about the image, she can't rely on shock factor every single time. She can't afford to always lick and open her mouth and hump, twerk and get naked for every music video or performance in her life.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2013, 19:01

Courtney Love—who Rolling Stone once referred to as “the most controversial woman in the history of rock”—thinks Miley Cyrus—easily the most controversial of right now—is just great!

When asked about last month’s VMAs by the New York Post, Love made her pop allegiances clear:

“I liked Miley, frankly. I’m gonna be honest, Katy Perry bores the sh*t out of me. She’s a nice girl, she just really bores me. You know, that hillbilly Miley Cyrus is sort of punk in a weird sex way.”
    Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

by » Thu September 12th, 2013, 14:06

Causing controversies is somehow safe to stay relevant. You can always pull the victim act later and say "people just don't get what I want to present". Her seniors did it. Why not Miley?

by » Sat September 14th, 2013, 20:59

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    I somehow feel like she's doing what Christina Aguilera did in the Stripped days, although Christina's music was somehow more "mature" , but just the feeling of her going extrremely sexual, naked in the videos, and still having great songs and all that... also reminds a lot of Britney's "I'm a Slave 4 U" but it was more like a pop blonde princess, Miley looks trashy like Xtina hahahaha ...
    Miley cites Madonna and Britney as inspirational women for this era tho .... She hasn't mentioned Xtina once for this new album and style
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

by » Sat September 14th, 2013, 22:40

Christina was selling her naked body during Stripped.
    I dont think they're similar in anyway right now at all.