User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who Will Win The X Factor 2013?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jai Waetford

0 0%
  • Taylor Henderson

3 25.00%
  • Dami Im

7 58.33%
  • Don't Care

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor Australia: Series 5

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 03:50

----

The X-Factor Australia is returning to the Seven Network later this year, however, it may not be with the same judging panel as 2012.

TV Tonight has confirmed that Mel B has joined America's Got Talent, which leaves her involvement in The X-Factor Australia 2013 up in the air. Previous to her signing on with America's Got Talent there were reports that Mel B was having visa issues within Australia, which meant that if she was to participate in the series for 2013 that she would have to travel back and forth between LA and Sydney. Moreover, TV Tonight also is reporting that Guy Sebastian may not be participating in the 2013 series either due to music commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by TV Tonight
    The Daily Mail is reporting that Mel B. is joining America’s Got Talent, replacing Sharon Osbourne.

According to reports, she will join judges Howard Stern and Howie Mandel.

A source said: “Simon (Cowell) loves trying people out on his shows, Mel’s already been a judge on X Factor Australia and it’s too far for her to keep taking the kids.

“She did want to do X Factor UK, but Simon really wanted her to do America’s Got Talent.

“She’s outspoken and never afraid to speak her mind, she makes for good TV. NBC execs will be watching through their eyes – let’s hope they won’t be using the delay button on live TV.”

Other recent media reports indicated she wanted to stick with The X Factor in Australia, but visa issues were forcing her to return to Los Angeles.
    The latest to be the subject of X Factor rumours is Guy Sebastian, now tipped to be an unlikely return to the judging desk (that just leaves Ronan Keating as the last cab off the speculation rank).

Yesterday it was confirmed Mel B signed with America’s Got Talent, throwing her continuation with Seven in doubt.

Today the Daily Telegraph reports Sebastian’s music commitments may mean he is another to check out.

“He’s the best artist (Australia) has – that’s clear as day,” a source told the newspaper. “He’s got this massive tour, the album is still new and then there’s America. At the moment he definitely isn’t on board (with X Factor). He’s done three years and that’s plenty.”

The show looks set to undergo its biggest shake-up in years.

Dannii Minogue would be an obvious female choice if schedules permit. Tina Arena could also be a fantastic mentor. Or maybe even Deni Hines could turn on some TV fireworks in an attempt to rebuild her brand.

Meanwhile how does Mel B’s new gig affect Dancing with the Stars? Given the role is largely a supporting role it seems increasingly unlikely she would be available or travel so far each week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 03:56

Demi Hines thanks

Now that would be a show I will watch haha
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 03:58

Deni Hines would be awesome! She was such a bitch on Celebrity Apprentice. Dannii Minogue would be great! She was so good on the UK series. And now that AGT is on the Nine Network I'd love to see her on our X-Factor!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 07:50

Dannii would be alright, although Deni Hines would definitely be a step-down in quality ...she had like two hits, nearly 20 years.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 10:26

From an entertainment point of view Deni would bring the slutbag. The show needs a bitch. You can't have 4 nice judges.

This is a blessing in disguise for the show. It desperately needs a judging shake up. People watch for the judges as much (if not more) than for the contestants. It's why Australia's Got Talent died in the ass -- the judging panel stayed the same on AGT, people had seen it all before.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-13, 14:22

Sorry but I've gotta say NO to Dannii....
    I'm a fan but the woman has stated she has no interest in music and would really just be accepting the job for the pay packet right?

I'll be sad to see Mel go but I guess she's gotta go where she's in demand ($$$$)

Guy has given this show A LOT of his time so I don't begrudge him moving on when things are obviously going great for his career.

I hope Ronan stays on as he's a very grounding force for the show and has had worked really well with his acts.

Nat Bas, I love you, but girl you've gotta MAKE SOME MUSIC!!!
    "All We Have" flops and then that's it for your music career?
    God at least save the Rogue Traders boys from the unemployment line (sorry Mindy, I'm sure you're lovely but weren't what they neeeded).

Will be very curious to see how this all pans out.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-02-13, 10:07

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePopStar8

Nat Bas, I love you, but girl you've gotta MAKE SOME MUSIC!!!
    "All We Have" flops and then that's it for your music career?
    God at least save the Rogue Traders boys from the unemployment line (sorry Mindy, I'm sure you're lovely but weren't what they neeeded).
    Doubt that'll be happening any time soon since she's preggers with her 2nd child but I do agree with you re: Rogue Traders...Here Come The Drums was a pretty good album.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-02-13, 04:12

Oh God she's peganant ?!?!
    Well there goes that career.
    Looks like it could be a HUUUGE shuffle at the judges table this year then!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-02-13, 06:38

Nat Bass on X-Factor 2013:

Natalie Bassingthwaighte looks likely to return to The X Factor, despite being set to give birth to her second child in May.

“I definitely know it is going to be an exciting year for X Factor, that’s for sure,” she told the Daily Telegraph.

“I’d love to do it. I had a really great time last season and I felt like I grew as a judge on the show and I love the challenge.”

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-02-13, 13:27

Source

News Limited today tips LFMAO Singer / Rapper Redfoo to join The X Factor judging table, following news that Guy Sebastian and Mel B. are not expected to return.

Redfoo (real name Stefan Kendal Gordy) is best known for singing Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It and is the son of Motown founder Berry Gordy, Jr.

He recently attended the 2013 Australian Open as partner to Victoria Azarenka.

Meanwhile Dannii Minogue continues to be rumoured as the new female to join the talent quest with judging commitments on Britain and Ireland’s Text Top Model said to be wrapping soon.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-03-13, 15:50

The Herald Sun writes:

X FACTOR judge Ronan Keating is trying to lure abdicating adjudicators Guy Sebastian and Melanie Brown back to the show.

Keating spoke last week to Sebastian and Brown about their plans, and said he wanted them back as mentors for another season.

Brown, better known as Mel B, [packed up and left Sydney a week ago, citing visa issues.

Soon after, she took a seat on the panel at America's Got Talent.

Sebastian is reportedly re-focussed on his music career following a hit album, sell out tour, and growing interest in the US.

Keating revealed: "I talked to Guy today and he's trying to make things work. I said I wanted him back on the show."

Keating also called Brown last week.

He said: "She wants to do X Factor, I want her to do X Factor, but it won't be her fault if she can't. She is dealing with a legal situation."

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-03-13, 12:01

CONFIRMED: Mel B will officially NOT be returning to The X-Factor Australia. Instead, Channel 9 have poached Mel B and she will be a judge on their series of Australia's Got Talent:

AUSTRALIA'S adopted Spice Girl Mel B is not finished with her local TV close-up just yet, jumping ship from Seven to Nine for its revamped series of Australia's Got Talent.

The surprise signing marks another poaching from Channel 7's roster by Nine programming boss Michael Healy, who wooed Brown away from The X Factor for AGT after Seven dropped the show from its 2013 schedule.

Scary Spice aka Mel Brown is already part of the talent franchise's family, having joined the panel of America's Got Talent last month.

Brown said the new gig "will be a perfect fit for me and a great opportunity to continue to spend time in Australia and discover more of the exceptional talent you have an abundance of (here)."

Known for her acid-tongued assessments of both the talent and her co-stars (clashing on and off screen with former X Factor cohort Natalie Bassingthwaite), the sassy singer added: "I'm having a wonderful time working with the America's Got Talent team and I can't wait for Australia's Got Talent on Nine. I know we will have a blast, and I'm sure some fireworks as well."
    A shame for X-Factor, but a real coup for the new Australia's Got Talent. Presumably, Mel's time commitment to AGT will be lower than X-Factor, because she doesn't have to mentor, just judge, which will give her more time to spend with her family.

Also, I'm not sure how true the rumours are about RedFoo. He's just entered a prequalifying tennis tournament for the US Open and is also coaching a player named Ayaka Okuno, which is extremely random, but alas, I imagine his commitment to both playing tennis and coaching in tennis :-? will render him unavailable.

LMFAO member Redfoo will have to put the party rocking, shuffling and working out on hold as he gets set to attempt to qualify for one of tennis' most prestigious tournaments, the 2013 U.S. Open, according to a Sports Illustrated report on Saturday. In a press release, Redfoo said:

As a kid, it’s always been a dream of mine to play professional tennis. Thanks to the U.S. Open National Playoffs for giving good players with a dream the chance to qualify for one of the biggest tournaments—the U.S. Open. Every day I see my dream!

Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Kendal Gordy, is the rumored boyfriend of world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka and is actually a tennis enthusiast. According to the report, Gordy is coaching a 17-year-old female player named Ayaka Okuno.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-03-13, 14:53

So Mel B is now a judge on America's Got Talent and Australia's Got Talent.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-03-13, 12:49

Losing Mel is a huge blow to the show I think.
    Whether people like her or not she truly was an INTERNATIONAL superstar and those are huge shoes to fill.
    Again, I'm a fan but Dannii isn't what they need when the already have Natalie (we assume)
    SOMEONE, get me Geri Halliwell STAT!!!
    Slightly O/T but its great to see channel 9 making a come back with some "event television" that 7 and 10 couldnt manage.
    "The Voice" was huge for them.
    They totally reinvigorated "Big Brother" and now "AGT".

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-03-13, 23:00

Guy Sebastian will not be appearing on the 2013 series of The X-Factor Australia.

Guy Sebastian has quit The X Factor, yesterday telling Rosso on MIX FM:

I’m not doing X Factor this year. Actually I haven’t officially announced that yet, this is actually the first time I’ve been saying it, but I’m probably going to put out a tweet today.

I decided a while back that I wouldn’t be able to do it. I absolutely love the show but I just need to get back to what my life is about and that’s my music and writing and being creative.

Sebastian follows Mel B as the second judge to walk from the Seven series.

They are expected to be replaced by American singer and rapper Redfoo from LFMAO and Dannii Minogue.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-03-13, 09:38

CHANNEL 7 has won an urgent injunction against former Spice Girl Melanie Brown to stop her appearing on rival network before next year.

The network took the former The X Factor judge to the NSW Supreme Court today after she was poached by the Nine Network only weeks after giving her notice.

She had been recruited by Nine to be a judge on their new version of Australia’s Got Talent, which it secured late last year.

Brown had previously said she was leaving Australia to sign with a show in Los Angeles.

The court today ordered that Brown "is restrained from entering into or performing any agreement with any person other than (Channel 7) for her to appear on television in Australia at any time before 31 January 2014."

It was also ordered that her husband Stephan Belafonte is "restrained from assisting, inducing or otherwise procuring (Brown)" to enter into a deal with any network other than Channel 7.

The court heard the Nine Network will be added as a defendant in the case. Seven's injunction will return to court on March 25.
    THIS article by Examiner.com claims that Dannii Minogue will be joining the 2013 panel.

Former "X Factor" U.K. judge Dannii Minogue, who is a former judge on "Australia's Got Talent," is going to replace Brown on "The X Factor" Australia.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 21-03-13, 04:20

TV Tonight wrote this...

Maybe Nine can go and sign Mel C instead and just claim it was all a typo?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-03-13, 13:43

I'm sad that Mel B is no longer a judge. She was definitely my favourite. I really don't like the idea of Danni as a replacement though, she doesn't have the same sass that Mel does. And I sincerely hope that RedFoo isn't replacing Guy. Ugh.
    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 26-03-13, 07:21

Havana Brown would be a good judge but she's way too similar to Nat Bass.

Channel 7 are definitely looking for a Mel B replacement even if they are successful in court. They won't use her, they just don't want anyone else to have her.

But they have a valid case. She said she couldn't work for Channel 7 because of visa issues, but then goes and signs on with 9.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-04-13, 11:44

Seven had agreed to Mel B not continuing with Dancing with the Stars but believed it had secured her for The X Factor, a Sydney court has heard.

Seven’s Director of Production Brad Lyons said of Dancing With The Stars, “I know Mel wasn’t happy on that show.

But he said she was a “very good judge” on The X-Factor.

“… She was a judge in 2011, 2012 and secured for 2013.”

But problems arose due to visa issues.

“He said that the two fathers of her two children were not happy with them residing in Australia for a long time, and were refusing to sign consent forms so they could get visas to come to Australia,” he said.

“He said they were involved in custody battles in LA and London and there was no way the fathers were going to sign consent forms.”

“I said, ‘well, we’re not going drag her away from her kids … [but] we have an agreement in place and if she’s going to work in Australia she has to work for Seven.”

“He said, ‘yes, yes, of course, buddy, we’re Seven people through and though but she has to live in LA’.”

Lyons also told the court he had been thinking about other ways to keep Brown involved with The X Factor in another capacity.

An injunction preventing Brown from working with Nine for Australia’s Got Talent is currently under order.

Justice David Hammerschlag described the court battle as turning largely on “people wanting more money”.

The case continues.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-04-13, 22:49

It's been confirmed that Dannii Minogue is joining X-Factor Australia 2013 as a mentor along with Nat and Ronan.

Another announcement is expected shortly for the final mentor.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-04-13, 15:25

I think Dannii is a good choice. The show will be better with a new set of mentors on the panel.

Auditions start at the end of April.