Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown - Fine China

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 04:18

Gained interest in this project when I saw "produced by Diplo"...

Quote Originally Posted by ludichris
    Where did you see this? Billboard.com says it's produced by Roccstar and PK.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 10:27

Chris describes it as an "instantly infectious heartbreak song"

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by kushi
    Gained interest in this project when I saw "produced by Diplo"...

Where did you see this? Billboard.com says it's produced by Roccstar and PK.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.
    Sit down.

I got it from MTV News.

The first single, "Fine China," was penned with Philly-based producer Diplo, who also helped perfect Brown's 2011 hit "Look at Me Now." In the instantly infectious heartbreak song, the hard-hitting bass line carries Brown's aching voice through a mesmerizing melody. Noticeably absent are the over-produced, Auto-Tune-aided hooks that permeated his previous releases. Instead, we're reminded of the cute kid with the heart-melting voice who burst onto the scene in 2004.
    More pics for the video:
    I love his outfits on this.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 12:49

Quote Originally Posted by abi
    I got it from MTV News.

The first single, "Fine China," was penned with Philly-based producer Diplo, who also helped perfect Brown's 2011 hit "Look at Me Now." In the instantly infectious heartbreak song, the hard-hitting bass line carries Brown's aching voice through a mesmerizing melody. Noticeably absent are the over-produced, Auto-Tune-aided hooks that permeated his previous releases. Instead, we're reminded of the cute kid with the heart-melting voice who burst onto the scene in 2004.
    I think that is a misprint. Everywhere else is saying that the title track X is produced by Diplo and Fine China is by Roccstar. Even in the first post of the thread you have put who produced and wrote the song.

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 13:04

Dead at abi posting definitions for fine china in the first post.

I really hope this is produced by Diplo, basically anything he does is gold.

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 13:07

I got it from MTV News.

I think that is a misprint. Everywhere else is saying that the title track X is produced by Diplo and Fine China is by Roccstar. Even in the first post of the thread you have put who produced and wrote the song.
    #MTVgerlbye

And lol when I first saw the title I had no idea what the hell "Fine China" is so I decided to put up the definitions in case you guys were the same as me as well. But apparently, it's only me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2013, 14:51

I'm excited for this. Never been a fan of him but he's got a few really good songs and this sounds/looks promising too.

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Sun March 31st, 2013, 10:43

This press release is so forced! I mean, I have always had a spot for his music, but he has to deliver it with the quality and substance and not with this whole script! Also, the old Chris Brown is so dead and gone, I don't think people will ever associate him with the 'cute kid' of the Chris Brown and Exclusive eras.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Sun March 31st, 2013, 11:03

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    This press release is so forced! I mean, I have always had a spot for his music, but he has to deliver it with the quality and substance and not with this whole script! Also, the old Chris Brown is so dead and gone, I don't think people will ever associate him with the 'cute kid' of the Chris Brown and Exclusive eras.
    I agree

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun March 31st, 2013, 17:56

Lyrics:

It's alright/ I'm not dangerous/ When you're mine, I'll be generous
    You're irreplaceable/ A collectible, just like fine china

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 08:32

http://www.thisisrnb.com/2013/03/eric-b ... add-me-in/

VIDEO

Eric Bellinger has been on an incredible ride with his songwriting placements, having the latest singles from Usher and Justin Bieber out now, Eric can’t wait for the world to hear Chris Brown’s anticipated new song “Fine China.” The record which he co-wrote with Brown, Sevyn Streeter and producer Roccstar is expected to be released on April 1.

Rap-Up TV recently caught up with EB to discuss the song, which he described as, “something that Chris hasn’t done yet.” “He really, really went back to the days of Sam Cooke, but we were still able to keep it 2013 at the same time.”

The first single off Brown’s upcoming album X is a return to the beloved music of the past that is often today’s artists influence, but not heard on today’s radio. “Justin Timberlake really opened the lane for real music and we’re just gonna go running through it,” added Bellinger, whose mixtape ‘Born II Sing, Vol. III‘ drops April 15. “For so long, people have been deprived of that kind of sound.”

The album was heavily inspired by Michael Jackson, whose influence can be heard on the Danja-produced “Add Me In,” which he also penned. “I studied Michael so much and never do I get to really embody that. On this project, they were like, ‘Just do Michael.’”

Being around Chris in the studio made him realize his remarkable talent. “He was born to do this. He’s our new Michael Jackson. They can say whatever they want about him, but no one can knock his talent.”
    Off topic: Y'all know that I stan for JT, his music, his talent, his power, but the way people keep praising & overreacting about him doing 'real' music just puts me off. I mean, the album is great but it's not ALL THAT.

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 13:04

Live stream: http://ufreetv.com/nbc.html

OMG they just previewed the song and Chris was there dancing with his flashmob crew and they said they're gonna premiere the song later. The song was VERY old-school, a little slower than "Nobody's Business".

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 13:12

True abi. They overdo it recently with JT...

Anyway. I'm excited to hear this. Bring it on Breezy!

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 13:28

Flashmob + song preview

Urgghhh why can't they just premiere the whole song. They showed a little part of the video as well, reminded me of "Gimme That"/"Forever"-type of video.

The interview was lame though. They asked Chris about the Rihanna thing blah blah blah but thank God he remained happy throughout the whole interview and handled the questions really well, I was worried that he would get mad and something would happen

Edit: Video premieres at 9AM ET.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:00

I am excited after that flashmob

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:09

that "auw" (in the beginning) and the MJ-esque sounds are not really needed , the track overall seems nice, but it's not what I hoped for, but better than expected.
    I always hate real life sounds during a music video though....

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:13

Really good video, nice song. It might have to grow on me. *plays the video again*

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:15

I like this, sounds much more like the ''old'' Chris Brown.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:34

HATE IT.

Is this really what he is bringing to the table at this stage in his career?

So lame. The rip off MJ moves. his cheesey overacting. The video looks so dated and NAFF. This is not 2002. Janet did it better in all for you.

With a name like fine china I was really hoping it would be cheeky and innovative and clever. This is none of those things.
    MJ - the originator - you will be missed. :'(

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:36

Quote Originally Posted by Smudy20
    I like this, sounds much more like the ''old'' Chris Brown.

by » Mon April 1st, 2013, 14:47

I like the song, it really has that old-school vibe I wanted to hear. It also reminds me of his old material, which is good.
    I didn't really like his singing in high-pitched voice, though ... it made me cringe a bit. It is mellow and decent, quite nice. ( I thought about "No Church In The Wild" at times, there's a similar sound in the instrumental to me... )
    The video is average and looks unfinished, the ending looked so cliché that I was expecting a "To Be Continued..." I also didn't like the fake noises here and there, especially during the "fighting" scene nor his acting, overall.
    However, his dance moves are always on point, that was cool.