Thread: LGBT+ News: lesbian couple attacked on London bus

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 1st, 2019, 22:31

Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    I said what I said, real gheys will understand.
    What’s a “real ghey” according to you? legit curious
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 13:32

Two women say they were subjected to a homophobic attack and left covered in blood after refusing to kiss on a bus.
    Melania Geymonat, 28, said the attack on her and partner Chris happened on the top deck of a London night bus as they were travelling to Camden Town.

A group of young men began harassing them when they discovered the women were a couple, asking them to kiss while making sexual gestures.

Four male teenagers aged between 15 and 18 have been arrested.

They are being questioned on suspicion of robbery and aggravated grievous bodily harm.

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 13:19

And they want straight pride...
    Forever Young

Superstar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 22:02

I was truly shocked and sickened by this attack. Back in the 90's I experienced verbal abuse, spitting and even on occasion physical attack. However I thought we had moved on significantly since those times, it would seem not. Not even in London, the city where I felt the safest. People ask why we still need Pride. I should think the answer is obvious.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 16:51

Brexit and Trump have just made people so hateful again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 09:15

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Brexit and Trump have just made people so hateful again.
    I just think that these two things have just stirred up a long time resentment that was already there.
    I've had much worse abuse than these two ladies and a lot of it was by gay men themselves especially gay bouncers with the 'you don't look gay, kiss your mate or you're not coming in'.

When I see stories like the one about the two women I feel sorry for them but I also cringe inside. It's made big news worldwide because it is two white women who have been attacked by men. If it was two black women, we'd see it in the London news and that's probably it. There's a deep rooted problem within the gay community itself which only values white as affected, same as the 'feminist' movement. Now it may be subconscious but it is there.

I didn't want to rant but, I think the shock of this above attack is due to gay women in relationships usually getting a 'free pass'. For so many reasons, gay white women seem the least offensive. Throw into the mix the straight girls that will happily 'kiss their friends'. You can start to see why.

My best friend is a white gay woman and she and her wife regularly used to kiss in straight clubs and there wasn't the batting of an eyelid. If anything it was met with applause. I could not imagine doing the same thing with my then boyfriend. Then we have the black trans women regularly out there getting beaten and murdered without such an uproar.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Superstar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 02:59

Aaliyahman, thank you for that last post you really gave me food for thought.

Coincidentally I read this article by one of the women attacked. I thought you might find it interesting as I did.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ge-media-white
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 07:59

I don't know if it's the right place to post it since it is not really news but we had a debate with a (gay) friend yesterday about trans children. Apparently he went to a seminar where he was presented with a research that showed that trans children that grow in an accepting environment which prepares them for the operations/treatment all their childhood and allows them to behave as the opposite sex end up much happier than otherwise. I just said that I doubt that there is enough time and experience for such a research to be completed in a scientifically satisfying manner (since trans children acceptance is a relatively new phenomenon) and I would consider bad parenthood to be preparing a child for a life of operations and hormonal treatments. While I totally agree that trans people should and are a part of society that should be fully integrated I do think that just because of the operations it involves no child should be allowed to make that decision and that decision should be made as adults after their parents/environment makes sure that's what they really want (by presenting obstacles to them such as rejection etc). In the end I was just called transphobic (which is not the case at all/I had a friend who transitioned so what?)

What do you guys think?

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 08:06

Quote Originally Posted by aaliyahman View Post
    I just think that these two things have just stirred up a long time resentment that was already there.
    I've had much worse abuse than these two ladies and a lot of it was by gay men themselves especially gay bouncers with the 'you don't look gay, kiss your mate or you're not coming in'.

When I see stories like the one about the two women I feel sorry for them but I also cringe inside. It's made big news worldwide because it is two white women who have been attacked by men. If it was two black women, we'd see it in the London news and that's probably it. There's a deep rooted problem within the gay community itself which only values white as affected, same as the 'feminist' movement. Now it may be subconscious but it is there.

I didn't want to rant but, I think the shock of this above attack is due to gay women in relationships usually getting a 'free pass'. For so many reasons, gay white women seem the least offensive. Throw into the mix the straight girls that will happily 'kiss their friends'. You can start to see why.

My best friend is a white gay woman and she and her wife regularly used to kiss in straight clubs and there wasn't the batting of an eyelid. If anything it was met with applause. I could not imagine doing the same thing with my then boyfriend. Then we have the black trans women regularly out there getting beaten and murdered without such an uproar.
    It's disgusting what happened but people should always be careful. I think many times people live within communities that share the same beliefs and lifestyles, follow media and art that cater to a certain crowd and as a result get a distorted impression of the real world which by and large remains to a certain (and far improving) degree homophobic. Attacks can happen so people should be careful but at the same time attackers should be prosecuted (as any crime really) so as to show that there is no tolerance for this.

I was shocked by what happened to those girls too, not so much because of the attack itself (homophobic attacks do happen) but by the fact that this involved homosexual women (who generally seem to have it much easier) and not men. I think that's kind of rare.

Also there is no connection between Brexit and Trump and gay rights for god's sake.

Legend
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 08:54

Quote Originally Posted by jio View Post
    Also there is no connection between Brexit and Trump and gay rights for god's sake.
    Of course there is. The tensions around sexuality, race and ethnicity are a direct result of people feeling unsafe due to rise of the rightwing political movement.

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 10:50

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Of course there is. The tensions around sexuality, race and ethnicity are a direct result of people feeling unsafe due to rise of the rightwing political movement.
    I think you are putting too many things in the same basket. The rise of the right wing movement (of which Trump is a part of), the general dissatisfaction and rejection of the EU (of which Brexit is a part of), the rise of LGBT rights and the racial/ethnic rights movement are all different processes with various ways of interacting and not a unified process. You will find for example that many of the arguments the right wing is using (as in foreigners threatening our way of life) are shared by LGBT activists who are scared by the rise of Islam in their countries due to migration. So I wouldn't consider those relations linear.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 14:41

Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan View Post
    Aaliyahman, thank you for that last post you really gave me food for thought.

Coincidentally I read this article by one of the women attacked. I thought you might find it interesting as I did.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ge-media-white
    This made my day!! Wow brilliant article. Thanks.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 15:14

I simply cannot understand how someone can attack another that has done absolutely nothing to them. I can't wrap my head around that.
    Diva!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 19:58

This is terrible. Can't believe her name is Gaymonat and this literally happened during Gaymonat.
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada