User Tag List

Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2423

Thread: JakeP Top 20

  1. #1726
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-10-17, 16:57

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    02 (09) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [3 wks] [#2]
    Much better than the poor man's Ed Sheeran (Niall)
    Nope.

    Niall <3

  2. #1727
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-10-17, 18:23

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    OMG, your Niall comment - I clearly would, haha.
    I did. Then i woke up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Anyway, it's impressive to see a song getting such a high peak after 24 hrs only and all your trivia was an interesting read. I had no clue "Chained To The Rhythm" and "What About Us" (shame we are not talking about the Within Temptation track here) were so much front-loaded and successful! Nice!

    So, maybe we will see a big change next time when it comes to your Top 5? - Hehe, "Irish charm"; I somehow have to think of Jedward when I read it.
    Indeed there have been a number of songs that just clicked with me instantly, but some songs still didn't quite get all the way to #1 due to so much competition for the #1. Ahh yes, they both had a major impact on me and i loved both songs pretty much from the very first play.

    Well i've already heard two songs this week that have come out of nowhere and i'm enjoying both of them so that's two potential big new entries for my next chart already. Eww no... I don't find Jedward sexy at all. They might be irish but thats where it ends.

  3. #1728
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-10-17, 18:26

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    02 (09) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [3 wks] [#2]
    Much better than the poor man's Ed Sheeran (Niall)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    02 (09) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [3 wks] [#2]
    Much better than the poor man's Ed Sheeran (Niall)
    Nope.

    Niall <3
    Sorry heppolo but i have to side with Mainshow on this one.

    But yes, Crybaby is amazing, really started to enjoy the song more last week and it was 59p on iTunes so i decided to buy the track.

  4. #1729
    heppolo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 May 2009
    Location
    interchangeable
    Posts
    24,998
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-10-17, 19:44

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    02 (09) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [3 wks] [#2]
    Much better than the poor man's Ed Sheeran (Niall)
    Nope.

    Niall <3
    A talentless snoozefest of a ''singer'' from a SyCo propelled boyband, what's not to hate.
    Waffles are checked cookies

  5. #1730
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-10-17, 20:41

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    A talentless snoozefest of a ''singer'' from a SyCo propelled boyband, what's not to hate.
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

  6. #1731
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,327
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 12-10-17, 20:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Meghan could still have another successful hit, but she just needs to bring out another really good song that grabs peoples attention. Reverting back to the whole doo-wap sound might not necessarily be a bad idea.

    Hmm i get the impression Post Malone is gonna be another US rap act i don't get. I checked out Congratulations a while back when it first made the UK charts but it didn't do anything for me. I have previewed rockstar on iTunes and even that isn't selling the song to me, or making me want to listen to the whole track. But it does sound very typical of what is popular with teenagers right now who stream all their music so no real shock that its #1 on Spotify. LOL in that case the US can keep their current top 2 as neither of those songs appeal to me. It's like the 00's all over again. At least Mi gente is a great track, i just don't think Beyonce's remix improves the song. *shrugs*

    Aww i still think Friends is great even if i did lose interest fairly quickly. But lyrically the first few lines are dreadful.
    Yeah, I think it's a tough call for her now. Although I liked all the doo-wop on her debut, moving away from that sound for her second album helped show some versatility and kept people from seeing her as a "one-trick pony"/burning out on her doo-wop shtick...but then people wound up burning out on her more modern pop sound quickly too :x I place some of the blame on "Me Too" (being yet another "I'm-hot-sh*t" offering from her, and having the same super-catchy-but-also-gets-really-annoying-really-quickly problem as "No"), but I still can't wrap my head around why "Better" totally bombed. I think it's one of the best songs and videos she's given us yet (across both albums), so I'm really not sure what her best move would be at this point.

    Ha, yeah, I won't be rushing out to pick up Post Malone's album anytime soon, but I don't mind "Rockstar" enough to root against it, so I welcome any Hot 100 turnover it might cause. Ditto for "Mi Gente" (though I actually enjoy that one a bit more. Might even crack Paulboard...)

    I guess Bieber should gets some points for...unexpected opening lyrics? I could get past the random mum mentions if the chorus wasn't such a letdown too. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    LOL i wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Spotify has pretty much confirmed inadvertently that they like payola. Taylor Swift and Sam Smith being prime examples of this, but then for e.g. seeing them added to the a list on Radio 1 when the majority of songs start off on the c list and gradually get promoted to the b list and then a list as the airplay increases to mirror the songs popularity in the charts. It's like they're not even making the effort to cover up that level of manipulation. :x
    :x Shameless.

    I like the idea of radio jumping on new hits more quickly, instead of almost everything having such a slow buildup (especially if it's already smashing with streaming + sales)...but it shouldn't happen because stations were bribed into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    LOL like in the pop forum. Someone starts a thread for a song thats gone to US radio and its followed with a post saying "this isn't a single, closed this thread" and i'm like who made you the boss of UK Mix. It still confuses me as i'd think sending the same track out to as many radio stations as possible would be the best way to maximise the songs potential and help the song achieve a higher chart position. The higher the chart peak, the more recognition the song gets. When Look what you made me do is impacting US urban radio, you know the fine line between pop and rap hasn't just been blurred, it's taken removed completely.
    I guess some teams just can't/aren't willing to pay off the stations from every different format Kidding aside, that approach might have something to do with putting out several different-sounding songs at once to showcase the diversity of an album and try to entice listeners who stick to specific formats...but that definitely sacrifices the potential success that each song could've achieved if they put all the promo into one at a time. With Katy and this random "Save As Draft" semi-single-release, it just seems like another example of how they don't know what to do with her/how to salvage this era (especially in the US.)

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    It is impressive as all three songs have gained popularity at the same time. In fact after checking Khalid is the first ever artist to score three top 5 singles that weren't taken from the same album. Now that is impressive.

    Ohh wow, well Adele got the whole top 5 to herself the week 25 was released. Britney Spears got close when Glory was released and she had 4 of the top 5 songs. Beyonce achieved an all top 3 when Lemonade was released. Coldplay and Little Mix had several occasions where they had at least 2 or 3 tracks inside the top 5. Madonna had two tracks from Rebel heart in my top 5. Ariana Grande had two tracks from Dangerous woman in the top 5. Ed Sheeran's first two singles from ÷ were top 5 (thanks mainly to when the Shape of you music video was released). Kendrick Lamar had two tracks from DAMN. in the top 5.
    **Round of applause**

    Khalid's achievement really is worth recognizing! Like you've shown, it's one thing when a chart gets flooded with tracks from the same highly-anticipated album (which is still an impressive feat, of course), but he's managed to triple-up inside the Top 5 by having three totally separate/unrelated high-quality singles out at once. Commendable indeed!

    Thanks for providing all those Jakeboard factoids! 25 really was a record-smashing machine all over the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Camila won't be #1 in the UK. I saw the midweek figures and they clearly had Spotify data missing. She might get to #2 but i suspect it'll be Post Malone at #1 tomorrow. Although Sam Smith getting 4 weeks at the top would be something i wouldn't have predicted three weeks ago.
    Ooh...I need to start checking with you for the real midweek insider scoop! If you end up reading this in time, any bets on tomorrow's No. 1? "Rockstar"?

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    I still think the video for Close should've had a "director's cut"
    YES!!! A video where his clothes are literally being torn off his body...that still keeps him almost completely covered in the end?!?! It was the ultimate cruel tease (well, maybe not quite as cruel as what Liam pulled with the "Strip That Down" vid...)

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    01 (02) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (09) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [3 wks] [#2]
    03 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [3 wks] [#3]
    04 (NE) Charlie Puth - How long [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (01) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [6 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    06 (05) P!nk - What about us [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    07 (RE) LP - No witness [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    08 (04) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [3 wks] [#4]
    09 (12) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    10 (NE) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [1 wk] [#10]
    11 (06) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [4 wks] [#6]
    12 (17) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [4 wks] [#10]
    14 (08) Astrid S - Think before i talk [5 wks] [#3]
    15 (20) Nick Jonas - Find you [3 wks] [#15]
    17 (18) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [13 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    18 (13) CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaetón lento [7 wks] [#2]
    19 (16) Dua Lipa - New rules [size=85][13 wks] [#2]
    • Ooh...I like this flip-flopping on top! Tight races can be particularly exciting to follow (especially when it's between songs that I know and like!) Based on that drop for "1-800-273-8255", though, this is probably the end of that flip-flop-fest.
    The power of a personal PM from Paloma! Or has Jakeboard been added to her payola payroll...? Kidding aside, I'm really thrilled to see that No. 9 ---> No. 2 leap! You mentioned how downloading it was a very good sign, so I'll be sure not to underestimate that impact in the future!
    • This is nitpicky, and I'm a tad embarrassed/ashamed that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful arsehole in "How Long" (and doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it He's more like "it only happened once, you're the one I really love, so just get over it already.") The song's SUPER catchy, though - I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus - so I'd love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention."
    • I hadn't realized that "Beautiful Trauma" was just a promo single until I saw the thread for her actual upcoming second single :( I still love it, but I was looking forward to more promo and watching it blow up on official charts (ideally.) It could always get a chance down the road, though...

    Yet another chart that's just what I asked for, Jake!

  7. #1732
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-10-17, 18:46

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Yeah, I think it's a tough call for her now. Although I liked all the doo-wop on her debut, moving away from that sound for her second album helped show some versatility and kept people from seeing her as a "one-trick pony"/burning out on her doo-wop shtick...but then people wound up burning out on her more modern pop sound quickly too :x I place some of the blame on "Me Too" (being yet another "I'm-hot-sh*t" offering from her, and having the same super-catchy-but-also-gets-really-annoying-really-quickly problem as "No"), but I still can't wrap my head around why "Better" totally bombed. I think it's one of the best songs and videos she's given us yet (across both albums), so I'm really not sure what her best move would be at this point.

    Ha, yeah, I won't be rushing out to pick up Post Malone's album anytime soon, but I don't mind "Rockstar" enough to root against it, so I welcome any Hot 100 turnover it might cause. Ditto for "Mi Gente" (though I actually enjoy that one a bit more. Might even crack Paulboard...)

    I guess Bieber should gets some points for...unexpected opening lyrics? I could get past the random mum mentions if the chorus wasn't such a letdown too. :(
    Oh i totally agree about Me too. That was the first single Meghan released that i didn't like. As for Better i really don't know what went wrong there. I was a much better single for sure yet it just failed to do anything. Maybe Me too did more damage than people realised despite the fact it was still a moderate hit. I guess the real test will be the lead single off album #3.

    I found rockstar on Soundcloud. So at least i've finally heard the song in its entirety and i made it to the end of the song but when it finished i was left wondering what the big deal is about the song. It's not a terrible song, but its not got any redeeming features that make me want to listen again. :-?

    The lyrics to Where are ü now were kinda tragic but that song had immense production on the music itself which really helped the song come to life. I think Friends is a good pleasant pop song, but nothing more than that. Sorry remains quite comfortably Justin Bieber's best single to date.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    :x Shameless.

    I like the idea of radio jumping on new hits more quickly, instead of almost everything having such a slow buildup (especially if it's already smashing with streaming + sales)...but it shouldn't happen because stations were bribed into it.
    LOL i can't say for sure that radio stations were bribed but it does look a bit suspicious when the same song gets #1 playlist treatment on Spotify and promoted to the top tier radio playlists on the day of release. I agree that tracks should get promoted to coincide with the level of success. Especially as the UK isn't exactly the best country anymore at breaking the big hits first. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I guess some teams just can't/aren't willing to pay off the stations from every different format Kidding aside, that approach might have something to do with putting out several different-sounding songs at once to showcase the diversity of an album and try to entice listeners who stick to specific formats...but that definitely sacrifices the potential success that each song could've achieved if they put all the promo into one at a time. With Katy and this random "Save As Draft" semi-single-release, it just seems like another example of how they don't know what to do with her/how to salvage this era (especially in the US.)
    Yes, it just seems really messy to me and ends up looking like the record company haven't a clue what they're doing (they actually don't know what they're doing ). I'm still baffled as to why they think Save as draft will do anything to help salvage what has already become a messy era. But like i said months ago, Katy Perry is going through her "America doesn't care, so why should i?" phase, and its being reflected in her lack of success.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    **Round of applause**

    Khalid's achievement really is worth recognizing! Like you've shown, it's one thing when a chart gets flooded with tracks from the same highly-anticipated album (which is still an impressive feat, of course), but he's managed to triple-up inside the Top 5 by having three totally separate/unrelated high-quality singles out at once. Commendable indeed!

    Thanks for providing all those Jakeboard factoids! 25 really was a record-smashing machine all over the world.
    **standing ovation**

    But the success of Khalid really is remarkable in how its all happened around the same time. Quite the feat and makes me wonder if we'll see more newcomers having similar success, a kind of building up to their big success. I might be too quick to make this prediction but Khalid might end up like Post Malone having gradual success with his current album, so that when Khalid brings out the first single from his next album it could be a monster global smash. And if that happens i'm most definitely a music psychic

    LOL it took me a while to figure out all those chart facts. There were more than i original expected. 25 was just world shattering with its success but Adele backed it all up with excellent tracks. There wasn't a single track on that album that i didn't like.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ooh...I need to start checking with you for the real midweek insider scoop! If you end up reading this in time, any bets on tomorrow's No. 1? "Rockstar"?
    Oops too late! I knew Post Malone would be #1 because of his lead on Spotify is too strong. I even think we'll see rockstar #1 for a few more weeks yet. I just hope it's not another 10+ weeks at #1 because it really wouldn't be justified. Even Shape of you and Despacito had more appeal to me. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    YES!!! A video where his clothes are literally being torn off his body...that still keeps him almost completely covered in the end?!?! It was the ultimate cruel tease (well, maybe not quite as cruel as what Liam pulled with the "Strip That Down" vid...)
    LOL Liam really was the ultimate anticlimax. He was even shirtless on the single cover for Strip that down but that song is still one of the worst songs i've heard all year. :evil: So even a hot music video wouldn't have saved that song for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Ooh...I like this flip-flopping on top! Tight races can be particularly exciting to follow (especially when it's between songs that I know and like!) Based on that drop for "1-800-273-8255", though, this is probably the end of that flip-flop-fest.
    The power of a personal PM from Paloma! Or has Jakeboard been added to her payola payroll...? Kidding aside, I'm really thrilled to see that No. 9 ---> No. 2 leap! You mentioned how downloading it was a very good sign, so I'll be sure not to underestimate that impact in the future!
    • This is nitpicky, and I'm a tad embarrassed/ashamed that it bothers me at all, but I'm a little distracted by how Charlie plays the role of the unfaithful arsehole in "How Long" (and doesn't even seem terribly apologetic about it He's more like "it only happened once, you're the one I really love, so just get over it already.") The song's SUPER catchy, though - I love that unexpected pullback at the end of the chorus - so I'd love to see it replicate (or even surpass) the success of "Attention."
    • I hadn't realized that "Beautiful Trauma" was just a promo single until I saw the thread for her actual upcoming second single :( I still love it, but I was looking forward to more promo and watching it blow up on official charts (ideally.) It could always get a chance down the road, though...

    Yet another chart that's just what I asked for, Jake!
    Aww, i know it sounds silly but i didn't really like the idea of Logic and Niall swapping each week but that's just how it played out in the end. Too much to ask was narrowly ahead of the rest of the top 5. In fact i'd say that was the closest top 5 i've ever had.

    LOL you were talking about bribing earlier? Yes, that's what Paloma did. She's disgusted that she only got to #2 and has stopped replying to my pm's as a result. Crybaby definitely benefitted from me buying the track and listening to the song fairly frequently all last week.

    Aww, i still love How long but i will admit it's not quite had the same immediate impact that Attention had on me upon its release. But we should see Charlie holding up well for a second week despite the likelihood of a number of big new entries looking set to enter my new chart.

    Ahh i thought you already knew! I do like the track, it's even grown on me a little despite me also listening to Whatever you want during the week. I've already listened to Revenge tonight out of sheer anticipation and i think it's safe to say What about us will be by far the biggest single off this album. Not heard the rest of the album yet but after four tracks, What about us is the only one that i want to go back and listen to. I'm hoping there will be at least one other track on the album that i truly love.

  8. #1733
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-10-17, 20:59

    JakeP Top 20 (14th October 2017)



    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    10 (RE) Haim - Little of your love [3 wks] [#10]
    11 (NE) Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Holy mountain [1 wk] [#11]
    12 (08) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [4 wks] [#4]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (17) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [14 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    16 (11) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [5 wks] [#6]
    17 (NE) Rae Morris - Do it [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (16) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [2 wks] [#16]

    The Hit Seeker

    Kodaline - Ready to change

  9. #1734
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,447
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-10-17, 21:13

    I have never heard of your new number-one before and I have no clue who's Mabel or Kojo Funds. Anyway, I just listened to it on Spotify and it's very groovy and I really love the beat as well as Mabel's voice. I think it will not be the last time that I heard this track.

    I have never liked Zara, tbh, and I really tried to like this track because the production (The strings, the bells, it's epic) is fierce but there's something in her voice I just despise :( She's like screeching.

    But, I love to see Niall & Charlie inside your Top 5 again.

  10. #1735
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-10-17, 22:20

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    I have never heard of your new number-one before and I have no clue who's Mabel or Kojo Funds. Anyway, I just listened to it on Spotify and it's very groovy and I really love the beat as well as Mabel's voice. I think it will not be the last time that I heard this track.

    I have never liked Zara, tbh, and I really tried to like this track because the production (The strings, the bells, it's epic) is fierce but there's something in her voice I just despise :( She's like screeching.

    But, I love to see Niall & Charlie inside your Top 5 again.
    I only heard Finders keepers for the first time last Sunday and i was completely hooked on the song. Mabel is the daughter of Neneh Cherry who was successful in the late 80s and 90s. Glad you've liked the song after checking it out. Having found out all this information about Mabel earlier in the week i have a gut feeling Mabel is going to become even more successful in 2018.

    Aww, i love Zara Larsson. The only thing that disappointed me was her inconsistency with her single releases. When i heard the original Only you, it didn't really do much for me. However, i fell in love with this new arrangement of the track with Nena also providing vocals. It's a really nice contrast between their vocals as Zara is more diva-esque whilst Nena has that rock chick type of vocal tone. The two voices compliment each other beautifully.

    Niall wasn't going to be dropping down that quickly. He was also on The Graham Norton show last night and he performed Too much to ask so that helped him to be a fairly comfortable 3rd place. The top 2 were miles ahead though.

    Charlie also managed to hold up really well with a full week of airplay to contribute towards this chart, as opposed to just 24 hours last Saturday.

  11. #1736
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    52,675
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-10-17, 23:07

    great debut for P!nk. The album is amazing.

  12. #1737
    Fan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2006
    Location
    Spice World
    Posts
    13,319
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-10-17, 06:04

    Mabel <3333
    I am seriously OBSESSED with her, even though Finders Keepers is one of my least favourite songs so far (it's amazing though, but girl has so many quality songs). You should check out Thinking Of You and Bedroom and her newly released mixtape, especially Begging and Low Key. Sorry, but I am stanning soo much for her. Needs to be huge in 2018!!

    Whatever You Want is a nice as well, but I prefer Beautiful Trauma. Still need to check out the new Rae Morris.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

  13. #1738
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-10-17, 11:13

    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    great debut for P!nk. The album is amazing.
    Thanks stevyy

    Which album tracks on Beautiful trauma would you say are the main highlights?

  14. #1739
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-10-17, 11:24

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    Mabel <3333
    I am seriously OBSESSED with her, even though Finders Keepers is one of my least favourite songs so far (it's amazing though, but girl has so many quality songs). You should check out Thinking Of You and Bedroom and her newly released mixtape, especially Begging and Low Key. Sorry, but I am stanning soo much for her. Needs to be huge in 2018!!

    Whatever You Want is a nice as well, but I prefer Beautiful Trauma. Still need to check out the new Rae Morris.
    Thanks Fan

    Ohh i had never heard of Mabel until last weekend. I was watching one of the music channels, and Finders keepers came on so i was curious. I haven't a clue who Kojo Funds is either so when his robotic autotune rap started, i thought i was gonna end up hating the song. Then Mabel starting singing and it was the "put your arms all around it" line that really grabbed my attention. By the time the video finished i was totally on board.

    Nice to see that Mabel is getting a lot of support. The track was also 59p on iTunes last week so i bought the track too. I'm gonna predict big things for Mabel in 2018 if Finders keepers is a taster of whats to come.

    I like Whatever you want quite a lot, i even prefer this to Revenge which i'm struggling to really get into. Gonna check out the album previews on iTunes later and see if anything stands out.

    I've also never heard of Rae Morris before and whilst i've her name mentioned a few times i never really felt the urge to check her out. Do it showed up in my YouTube recommends list earlier in the week so i thought i'd give it a listen and was pleasantly surprised. Reminds me of Ellie Goulding circa 2010.

  15. #1740
    Legend
    Join Date
    03 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-10-17, 23:14

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    JakeP Top 20 (14th October 2017)

    02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    12 (08) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [4 wks] [#4]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    I didn't realize yet that the german Nena did a Song with Qween Zara But it sounds great
    I see you also like Khalid <3

  16. #1741
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    49,811
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-10-17, 23:15

    I just listened to your #1, and it's great! I'm going to be really pun-y and say it sounds like a keeper.

    Good to see "Whatever You Want" debut fairly high here. It's definitely one of the strongest songs on the album...in fact, I think it might actually be my favourite song on the LP.

    Boo at no (upward) movement for "Havana". :(

    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (17) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [14 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    16 (11) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [5 wks] [#6]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

    The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

  17. #1742
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-10-17, 17:37

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx
    I didn't realize yet that the german Nena did a Song with Qween Zara But it sounds great
    I see you also like Khalid <3
    Thanks Marcus

    Neither did i until i saw the thread in the pop forum. The new arrangement of Only you is so atmospheric, really makes the overall song come to life. I already knew who Nena was because 99 red balloons is an 80s classic. But i really think both their voices compliment each other so well.

    Ohh i didn't realise you liked Khalid. Has he had any success in your chart before?

  18. #1743
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-10-17, 17:45

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    I just listened to your #1, and it's great! I'm going to be really pun-y and say it sounds like a keeper.

    Good to see "Whatever You Want" debut fairly high here. It's definitely one of the strongest songs on the album...in fact, I think it might actually be my favourite song on the LP.

    Boo at no (upward) movement for "Havana". :(

    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (17) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [14 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    16 (11) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [5 wks] [#6]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
    Thanks Akini

    LOL loving the pun! I heard it last weekend for the time and it just grabbed my attention. I love the vocal hooks in the chorus, it reminded me of some of the early 00s r'n'b music. Plus, Neneh Cherry is her mum so that is bound to give Mabel a big boost as i do like those 80s/90s songs like Buffalo stance and 7 seconds. I'm intrigued by what Mabel releases in 2018 but i have a really good feeling she is gonna be so successful, and that Finder keepers is like the song that's helping to gain new fans.

    I wasn't so sure about getting Beautiful trauma but having listened to the iTunes snippets, some of those songs sound really promising especially those that made your chart yesterday. I'm still a bit 50/50 about getting Spotify though.

    LOL at least Camila held steady, and there's still a good chance of Havana climbing to a new peak, just don't quote me on that.

  19. #1744
    bluecherry's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    10 Jan 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,562
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-10-17, 20:50

    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    10 (RE) Haim - Little of your love [3 wks] [#10]
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    20 (16) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [2 wks] [#16]
    Love these songs, I'm really getting back into 'Finders Keepers' recently!
    ? i bloom just for you ?


  20. #1745
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-10-17, 21:20

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecherry
    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    10 (RE) Haim - Little of your love [3 wks] [#10]
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    20 (16) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [2 wks] [#16]
    Love these songs, I'm really getting back into 'Finders Keepers' recently!
    Thanks bluecherry

    Ohh when did you first hear Finders keepers? It's still very much a new song to me.

  21. #1746
    Legend
    Join Date
    03 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-10-17, 01:07

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx
    I didn't realize yet that the german Nena did a Song with Qween Zara But it sounds great
    I see you also like Khalid <3
    Thanks Marcus

    Neither did i until i saw the thread in the pop forum. The new arrangement of Only you is so atmospheric, really makes the overall song come to life. I already knew who Nena was because 99 red balloons is an 80s classic. But i really think both their voices compliment each other so well.

    Ohh i didn't realise you liked Khalid. Has he had any success in your chart before?
    Oh when I was a little kid I loved Nena so much. Now I only like her classics. You should take a listen on Nena & Kim Wilde Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann / Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime. It's still one of my favs. ;)

    Yes, for example on Calvin Harris' "Rollin'" featuring Khalid or on Logic's "1-800-..." Khalid had success at my chart. But I love his voice and his new Song featured by Marshmello sounds also very cool

  22. #1747
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 17-10-17, 19:56

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx
    Oh when I was a little kid I loved Nena so much. Now I only like her classics. You should take a listen on Nena & Kim Wilde Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann / Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime. It's still one of my favs. ;)

    Yes, for example on Calvin Harris' "Rollin'" featuring Khalid or on Logic's "1-800-..." Khalid had success at my chart. But I love his voice and his new Song featured by Marshmello sounds also very cool
    Oh wow i gave the Nena & Kim Wilde song a listen and its very good. I'm guessing this never got released in the UK which is a shame as Kim Wilde was also very successful in the 80s.

    Ahh ok i wasn't so keen on Rollin' so practically forgot about that song to be honest! Ahh Logic's song is so lovely, i didn't realise it made your chart.

  23. #1748
    phoenix98's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,327
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 19-10-17, 22:00

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    I found rockstar on Soundcloud. So at least i've finally heard the song in its entirety and i made it to the end of the song but when it finished i was left wondering what the big deal is about the song. It's not a terrible song, but its not got any redeeming features that make me want to listen again. :-?

    The lyrics to Where are ü now were kinda tragic but that song had immense production on the music itself which really helped the song come to life. I think Friends is a good pleasant pop song, but nothing more than that. Sorry remains quite comfortably Justin Bieber's best single to date.
    Same, especially now that it's No. 1 on the Hot 100 too It definitely doesn't have the "UGH! Turn it OFF!" effect, but I'm not compelled to play it again either. Based on what I gathered from the lyrics, I suspect it must have a "Me Too"/"Fergalicious"-type effect on people: making them feel like hot sh*t/badasses/rockstars (of course, for an audience that would probably never listen to Meghan Trainor or Fergie.) Also - the way he sings the last word in each line of each the chorus in kind of catchy, I guess? Any rate, like you were saying, I'm not really bothered by its success either, just a tad perplexed...

    Not "Eenie Meenie"?!? Kidding aside (though I did actually kind of love that one), "Sorry" is an EXCELLENT pick, and I'd probably say the same. "What Do You Mean" provides some stiff competition. As I was browsing through Bieber's discography on Wikipedia (to make sure I wasn't forgetting any other high-quality singles), I realized how I'd completely forgotten about that entire mega-flop Journals era that happened right before Purpose (which just makes its mega-comeback mega-success all the more impressive....)

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    But the success of Khalid really is remarkable in how its all happened around the same time. Quite the feat and makes me wonder if we'll see more newcomers having similar success, a kind of building up to their big success. I might be too quick to make this prediction but Khalid might end up like Post Malone having gradual success with his current album, so that when Khalid brings out the first single from his next album it could be a monster global smash. And if that happens i'm most definitely a music psychic

    LOL it took me a while to figure out all those chart facts. There were more than i original expected. 25 was just world shattering with its success but Adele backed it all up with excellent tracks. There wasn't a single track on that album that i didn't like.
    I'd certainly welcome that (partially because I can understand/appreciate all the buzz around him better than all the buzz around Post Malone...)

    Woah! So 25 is a truly flawless album for you? That's a rare treat indeed! Even when it comes to my all-time-favorite acts, there's usually at least one track on every album that, while not necessarily TERRIBLE, is kind of the...runt of the litter Off the top of my head, Kylie's Fever is one of the ones that comes the closest to consistent perfection.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Oops too late! I knew Post Malone would be #1 because of his lead on Spotify is too strong. I even think we'll see rockstar #1 for a few more weeks yet. I just hope it's not another 10+ weeks at #1 because it really wouldn't be justified. Even Shape of you and Despacito had more appeal to me. :(
    Ah, my bad for posting/asking at basically the last second. I haven't read anything about this week's race in the UK, but after a quick look at kworb, it seems like "Rockstar"s streaming lead could negate "Havana"s sales lead. I didn't know "Reggaetón Lento" had been discounted, so I'd love to see that earn a new peak!

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    LOL Liam really was the ultimate anticlimax. He was even shirtless on the single cover for Strip that down but that song is still one of the worst songs i've heard all year. :evil: So even a hot music video wouldn't have saved that song for me!
    I 110% agree about the single cover AND teaser trailer looking NOTHING like the final video...but I didn't realize your disdain for the song itself was that strong It won't exactly be making the Paulboard Top 50 of 2017 with its run of *7* - 12 - 18 - OUT, but it had a bit of...cheesy charm to it (I suspect Ed deserves the credit for that.) I'm always amused by that part where he name-drops 1D, and proceeds to rhyme it with "now I'm out free..."

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    LOL you were talking about bribing earlier? Yes, that's what Paloma did. She's disgusted that she only got to #2 and has stopped replying to my pm's as a result. Crybaby definitely benefitted from me buying the track and listening to the song fairly frequently all last week.
    I never knew she could be such a bitter critter! Guess I should say "diva"...

    Well, although her chances at No. 1 are down the drain, I'm glad she at least put in the "work" to get that Top 2 peak! ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    Ahh i thought you already knew! I do like the track, it's even grown on me a little despite me also listening to Whatever you want during the week. I've already listened to Revenge tonight out of sheer anticipation and i think it's safe to say What about us will be by far the biggest single off this album. Not heard the rest of the album yet but after four tracks, What about us is the only one that i want to go back and listen to. I'm hoping there will be at least one other track on the album that i truly love.
    I was surprised by how quickly (and strongly) "Revenge" grew on me. It was definitely one of those cases where the iTunes preview failed to sell me on it, but once I'd heard it in full, I couldn't get the chorus out of my head! It doesn't sound like any of her previous singles, which is a nice plus, and although I still love "Beautiful Trauma" too, I'm much less butthurt about it missing out on official-single-status now I'd love to see "Revenge" become this era's "Just Give Me A Reason."

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    01 (NE) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (02) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [4 wks] [#2]
    05 (04) Charlie Puth - How long [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (NE) P!nk - Whatever you want [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (05) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    09 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [4 wks] [#9]
    10 (RE) Haim - Little of your love [3 wks] [#10]
    12 (08) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [4 wks] [#4]
    13 (06) P!nk - What about us [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (17) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [14 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    15 (12) Maroon 5 featuring SZA - What lovers do [5 wks] [#10]
    16 (11) Sam Smith - Too good at goodbyes [5 wks] [#6]
    18 (10) P!nk - Beautiful trauma [2 wks] [#10]
    19 (NE) Lin-Manuel Miranda featuring Artists For Puerto Rico - Almost like praying [1 wk] [#19]
    • Oooh...your new No. 1 is catchy indeed, especially that part you mentioned in your response to Fan! Jakeboard breaking THE breakthrough artist of 2018, perhaps...?
    • I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
    • Yet another solid selection from P!nk in the form of "Whatever You Want" (especially the first couple lines of the chorus), but it seems we're the most drawn to opposite offerings so far (with "Beautiful Trauma" + "Revenge" really hooking me, but the reverse for you.)
    • Aw, hopefully "Silence" doesn't get silenced just yet! Granted, it "only" lasted five weeks total over on my chart, so we might wind up having that in common...
    • If Tansike's n00dz can get "Only You" all the way to No. 2, I guess Adam Levine's must've never arrived :( (Or only warranted a No. 10 peak...)

    Yet another chart I'm glad to have found, Jake!

  24. #1749
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-10-17, 15:36

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Same, especially now that it's No. 1 on the Hot 100 too It definitely doesn't have the "UGH! Turn it OFF!" effect, but I'm not compelled to play it again either. Based on what I gathered from the lyrics, I suspect it must have a "Me Too"/"Fergalicious"-type effect on people: making them feel like hot sh*t/badasses/rockstars (of course, for an audience that would probably never listen to Meghan Trainor or Fergie.) Also - the way he sings the last word in each line of each the chorus in kind of catchy, I guess? Any rate, like you were saying, I'm not really bothered by its success either, just a tad perplexed...

    Not "Eenie Meenie"?!? Kidding aside (though I did actually kind of love that one), "Sorry" is an EXCELLENT pick, and I'd probably say the same. "What Do You Mean" provides some stiff competition. As I was browsing through Bieber's discography on Wikipedia (to make sure I wasn't forgetting any other high-quality singles), I realized how I'd completely forgotten about that entire mega-flop Journals era that happened right before Purpose (which just makes its mega-comeback mega-success all the more impressive....)
    I think it was inevitable that Post Malone would be #1 in America sooner or later. Maybe the lack of an official audio or music video was what prevented rockstar from going all the way to #1 in its first week. Interesting comparison! I wouldn't have thought that myself but thinking about it, you're right. The overall theme of the song is similar. It might even be a slow burner and i'll eventually think the song is good enough to make my top 20 but for the time being, its not even close to consideration.

    LOL not really. I really wasn't into early Justin Bieber. I think listening to Baby followed by Sorry is the most impressive. You can literally hear how much Justin has matured in both voice and sound, and i think this is why he's appealed to more people with his Purpose era. It's like Cruz Beckham when he released that christmas song last year. Bless! But when he's 18, Cruz might be in a similar position where his music appeals to more people.

    The Journals era was quite forgettable, i can't even recall any of the songs he released, they certainly didn't leave much to the imagination. As long as you love me was one of my early favourite Justin songs though.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I'd certainly welcome that (partially because I can understand/appreciate all the buzz around him better than all the buzz around Post Malone...)

    Woah! So 25 is a truly flawless album for you? That's a rare treat indeed! Even when it comes to my all-time-favorite acts, there's usually at least one track on every album that, while not necessarily TERRIBLE, is kind of the...runt of the litter Off the top of my head, Kylie's Fever is one of the ones that comes the closest to consistent perfection.
    Sometimes it's fun to think which current artists might go onto become even more popular in another 18 months or 2 years time. The music industry seems to have shifted. At one time, artists would have big hits with their debut single whereas now artists are gaining popularity whilst in the charts and that leads to rappers like Post Malone having such a massive track.

    Yes, 25 was outstanding. One of the few albums where i genuinely liked every track on the album. Obviously there were some songs i liked more than others. Tracks like Hello, When we were young and Water under the bridge were all outstanding songs. Then on the flip side there were songs like River lea, I miss you and Remedy that i liked but i didn't really go back and listen to them multiple times compared to other album tracks.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Ah, my bad for posting/asking at basically the last second. I haven't read anything about this week's race in the UK, but after a quick look at kworb, it seems like "Rockstar"s streaming lead could negate "Havana"s sales lead. I didn't know "Reggaetón Lento" had been discounted, so I'd love to see that earn a new peak!
    I think this week's chart is gonna be a bit uneventful although Reggaetón lento could achieve a new peak of #4, i think #3 might be too much of an ask but you never know. That said, i'm delighted the JakeP effect has given Mabel a big boost into the top 10. My chart was clearly what made all the difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I 110% agree about the single cover AND teaser trailer looking NOTHING like the final video...but I didn't realize your disdain for the song itself was that strong It won't exactly be making the Paulboard Top 50 of 2017 with its run of *7* - 12 - 18 - OUT, but it had a bit of...cheesy charm to it (I suspect Ed deserves the credit for that.) I'm always amused by that part where he name-drops 1D, and proceeds to rhyme it with "now I'm out free..."
    Ahh see the things about Strip that down that amuse you are the exact things that made me cringe. I just thought the whole thing was very contrived and try hard, that type of desperation to have a successful hit single. I mean it worked because it was successful, even going top 10 in America but sadly i've not been a fan ever since its release and its never come close to growing on me. For me, it's a very empty song. :(

    What's worse is that i gave Bedroom floor i listen before on YouTube and i'm just amazed at how lazy Liam's music is. Get low was a good song, not anything amazing but it had a great beat to it. I really thought Liam would deliver songs that i would love, but so far he's disappointed me.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I never knew she could be such a bitter critter! Guess I should say "diva"...

    Well, although her chances at No. 1 are down the drain, I'm glad she at least put in the "work" to get that Top 2 peak! ;)
    !!!!

    Crybaby might've missed out on #1 thanks to that pesky Niall Horan getting in the way with his sheer amazingness. But Paloma is looking set to hold up really well in my next chart. Paloma should be thankful. Other artists have had massive bitch fights just to get to #2 in my chart and fallen short. That Paloma is so ungrateful...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    I was surprised by how quickly (and strongly) "Revenge" grew on me. It was definitely one of those cases where the iTunes preview failed to sell me on it, but once I'd heard it in full, I couldn't get the chorus out of my head! It doesn't sound like any of her previous singles, which is a nice plus, and although I still love "Beautiful Trauma" too, I'm much less butthurt about it missing out on official-single-status now I'd love to see "Revenge" become this era's "Just Give Me A Reason."
    I managed to listen to P!nk's album on YouTube and i can't explain it but i find Revenge really corny and lacklustre. :( Yet i've heard some really solid pop songs on the album, some i've played multiple times and they're looking set to enter my new chart. I need to get some more credit for my iTunes account so i can start buying loads of tracks again. I'll just buy myself an iTunes gift card and credit my account that way. I'm so old fashioned!!!!!

    Have you bought, or heard Beautiful trauma yet? If so which tracks are your personal highlights. I've got a few already but i'll wait until tomorrow to reveal which songs i like the most. Ohh the anticipation!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    • Oooh...your new No. 1 is catchy indeed, especially that part you mentioned in your response to Fan! Jakeboard breaking THE breakthrough artist of 2018, perhaps...?
    • I guess Tansike must've taken a cue from Paloma's payola and PMed you some n00dz to get that debut for "Only You"?
    • Yet another solid selection from P!nk in the form of "Whatever You Want" (especially the first couple lines of the chorus), but it seems we're the most drawn to opposite offerings so far (with "Beautiful Trauma" + "Revenge" really hooking me, but the reverse for you.)
    • Aw, hopefully "Silence" doesn't get silenced just yet! Granted, it "only" lasted five weeks total over on my chart, so we might wind up having that in common...
    • If Tansike's n00dz can get "Only You" all the way to No. 2, I guess Adam Levine's must've never arrived :( (Or only warranted a No. 10 peak...)

    Yet another chart I'm glad to have found, Jake!
    I saw the video to Finders keepers on MTV hits, thats how i heard the song for the first time. It clicked with me instantly and it was 59p on iTunes so it was a no brainer really and i bought the track. Funny you say that, have you heard of Neneh Cherry? She was very successful in the late 80s and 90s which suggests that Mabel could easily become the next big thing. Also if you watch the music video to Finders keepers on YouTube, right at the end theres a small preview of the next single and that sounds like its gonna be big. It's become more difficult to predict future hits because of the shift in the charts with Spotify but i do think the new Mabel single could be #1 whenever its released (likely to be early 2018). I'm just happy to see Finders keepers becoming successful for now, such a bop.

    Sadly not, i think Tansike was on holiday last week. Shame as some n00dz would've certainly brightened up my week. I adore the new version of Only you though, its so dark and atmospheric.

    Whatever you want has become quite the favourite of mine. I still prefer What about us overall but as i posted above there will be some other album tracks making my chart. I've not bought Beautiful trauma yet so once i've credited my iTunes account i can consider whether to buy the album or not.

    Silence should definitely get another week in my top 20. LOL i never got n00dz from Adam Levine either. This is getting me all jealous. How often are you getting sent n00dz, how big is your collection and can you send me some? (Adam's pics would certainly put him back into the top 10 for sure! Now, imagine if Niall sent me his n00dz today to celebrate the release of Flicker...)

  25. #1750
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 21-10-17, 20:57

    JakeP Top 20 (21st October 2017)



    01 (01) Mabel featuring Kojo Funds - Finders keepers [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (NE) P!nk - Where we go [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (04) Paloma Faith - Crybaby [5 wks] [#2]
    04 (NE) P!nk - I am here [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (05) Charlie Puth - How long [3 wks] [#4]
    06 (03) Niall Horan - Too much to ask [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    07 (09) Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana [5 wks] [#7]
    08 (02) Zara Larsson featuring Nena - Only you [2 wks] [#2]
    09 (NE) P!nk - But we lost it [1 wk] [#9]
    10 (06) P!nk - Whatever you want [2 wks] [#6]
    11 (07) Khalid - Young dumb & broke [5 wks] [#3]
    12 (12) Marshmello featuring Khalid - Silence [5 wks] [#4]
    13 (08) Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (NE) Kodaline - Ready to change [1 wk] [#14]
    15 (13) P!nk - What about us [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    16 (NE) Pink - Secrets [1 wk] [#16]
    17 (20) Stefflon Don & French Montana - Hurtin’ me [3 wks] [#16]
    18 (NE) Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (14) Portugal. The Man - Feel it still [15 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    20 (17) Rae Morris - Do it [2 wks] [#17]

    The Hit Seeker

    Rita Ora - Anywhere

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •