Thread: JakeP Top 20

Legend
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-01-19, 23:26

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP
    I don't actually have Netflix mainly because the time when i am at home, i'm either on my computer, listening to music or doing general stuff that needs sorting. I listen to more music than i do watch tv. So whilst i've been tempted to get Netflix, it's more a case of finding the time to do the whole Netflix + chill.
    I am like that too. I don't watch much tv either. We do have Netflix though as my husband lives for television.
    It's usually him watching tv and me behind the laptop listening to music and posting on UKMix.
    My personal chart Entries by J-Lo, Katy Perry and P!nk new - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-01-19, 02:12

I just checked out your #1, and it's nice! Also great to see "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" still so high.

01 (NE) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    04 (03) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [6 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    07 (04) Avril Lavigne - Tell me it’s over [4 wks] [#2]
    10 (08) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [6 wks] [#3]
    11 (09) Ariana Grande - thank u, next [9 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    12 (10) Ava Max - Sweet but psycho [13 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    16 (06) Ariana Grande - imagine [4 wks] [#2]
    17 (12) Clean Bandit featuring Marina & Luis Fonsi - Baby [9 wks] [#6]
    18 (11) Halsey - Without me [8 wks] [#4]

Clean Bandit featuring Mariah Carey? If that were to happen and they delivered the pop dynamite then it could very well happen.
    I'll get MC on the phone ASAP, and let her know!
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-01-19, 17:45

It really is especially you consider just how successful iTunes was at its peak popularity circa 2012. Again i grew up part of the cd generation so that was pretty much all i knew although i do remember having blank cassettes that we would record cd singles onto, a bit like making a mix tape for someone. But i never actually bought any music on the cassette format. I can only imagine it was more of a passing phase and didn't really connect in the way cd's did.
    Did you ever make anyone a mixtape (maybe that special friend you mentioned, the one who moved to Dundee)? ;) I'd be very interested to hear what JakeP's Snogging Soundtrack sounds like...

I'm pretty sure the only cassette I ever bought was Kylie's debut album, but that was mostly for the novelty of it, since it was cheap and I was just shocked that a music store in the US still had a copy of it on the shelves in the 00's.

In that case, would you like to play a game of "Brokeback mountain" (see above post)
    Well, I'm generally not big on camping...but if it involves sharing a tent with you (and Fan?), then I could probably be persuaded. ;)

The only downside to not having Netflix is when i'm at work and different people start discussing certain programmes they've seen, and i'm just sat there listening to them but in my head there's just tumbleweed.
    Their loss, though - if only they had the sense to listen to your top-notch music recommendations and chart predictions instead. ;)

#2 again. AGAIN!!!! :evil: :x I can't begrudge this LadBaby track that's gone to #1 because its a charity single going to a good cause...but still, urgh! Maybe next Friday will be Ava's time to shine. What a way to bring in 2019 - the year pure pop took back its crown (fingers crossed).
    Shows that I've been absent in this thread for too long but the dream has been realized, and Ava's looking set for a third week on top soon (with the chance of even more yet to come). It's (finally) taking off here in the States now, up No. 83 ---> No. 41 on the latest Hot 100.

I find MTV really embarrassing now. I once caught about 30 seconds of a show called 16 and pregnant and i sighed at what i was watching. What exactly does the "M" in MTV stand for nowadays? I don't know what its like in America but in the UK there's a selection of MTV channels, so you have hits, urban, dance, rock - essentially they're now genre specific channels but at least they play music videos (plus commercial breaks every 15 minutes :x ).
    Mess? Mediocre? Mortifying?

Little Mix have pretty much stated that's what happened with Woman like me. It was the record label that wanted it to be their lead single whilst the girls wanted Strip to be the lead single. Personally, i'd have gone with The cure but what do i know? That said, i still prefer Strip more than Woman like me. So yet another example of the record company clearly having no clue when the obvious hit is right there on the album.
    Ooh...that's a juicy tidbit! Although WLM still wound up doing quite well, I definitely would've been more interested in/excited for this era if they'd lead with "Strip" (or "The Cure") instead. I still might give LM5 a try if there's a new-release-lull sometime in 2019, but "Woman Like Me" + "Joan Of Arc" really dampened my hype for this project.

Play does seem to have had that same impact on others too but i love it. I've noticed it's slowly creeping up iTunes and Spotify so i think it's got a good chance of being a top 10 hit in January once all the christmas songs disappear from the chart.
    Damn, you're good! I was NOT expecting that No. 80 ---> No. 19 leap on the last chart and now it's on course to crack the Top 15 this Friday!

02 (01) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    03 (NE) Sharam Jey featuring Little Boots - Fridaycity [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (03) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [6 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    06 (NE) Robin Schulz featuring Erika Sirola - Speechless [1 wk] [#6]
    08 (13) Clean Bandit featuring Ellie Goulding - Mama [5 wks] [#8]
    • This new No. 1 is all kinds of catchy! How'd you come across it? Both acts involved are brand-new to me.
    • My knowledge of MJ Cole is VERY limited - I just have a few remixes he did of Mariah's "Loverboy" but that had me quite surprised when "Waking Up" turned out to be this ethereal piano ballad. Freya's voice has such a gorgeous, haunting quality.
    • I'm not quite as sold on "Fridaycity," but it did inspire me to revisit the beautiful bop that is "Remedy."
    • Lovin' that new peak for "Mama." I decided to check out What Is Love? last week, and it's definitely among that album's most instant tracks (singles aside).

Yet another chart that's as bright as ever, Jake!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 13:24

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    I am like that too. I don't watch much tv either. We do have Netflix though as my husband lives for television.
    It's usually him watching tv and me behind the laptop listening to music and posting on UKMix.
    That's cool that you both do your own thing, i think i'd prefer to have a relationship like this rather having a guy keep pestering me to sit and watch a show with him even if i'm really interested. I will always be more into music and YouTube/UK Mix play a big part of that. <3

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 13:29

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    I just checked out your #1, and it's nice! Also great to see "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" still so high.

Clean Bandit featuring Mariah Carey? If that were to happen and they delivered the pop dynamite then it could very well happen.
    I'll get MC on the phone ASAP, and let her know!
    So i already know how much impact Fading had on you earlier this week and i was so happy seeing it make #1 even if it was just a day, that's more than i would've expect. Glad to help you discover another little gem.

Nothing breaks like a heart has been a firm favourite of mine since its release although i suspect it'll start to drift downwards as all the new music starts to get released.

Haha i'd be super surprised (in a good way) were Clean Bandit were to ever collaborate with Mariah. In fact i urge you to get on the phone ASAP to make it happen (no pun intended )

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 14:06

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix98
    Did you ever make anyone a mixtape (maybe that special friend you mentioned, the one who moved to Dundee)? ;) I'd be very interested to hear what JakeP's Snogging Soundtrack sounds like...

I'm pretty sure the only cassette I ever bought was Kylie's debut album, but that was mostly for the novelty of it, since it was cheap and I was just shocked that a music store in the US still had a copy of it on the shelves in the 00's.
    Haha no, not a mixtake. I did make a mix-cd though. I'm sure i wasn't the only one on UK Mix who went through that phase of burning tracks onto a blank cd for someone special. I might have a do create some type of snogging playlist, i can pm you a link to listen.

That's so cool, so much nostalgia value right there.

Well, I'm generally not big on camping...but if it involves sharing a tent with you (and Fan?), then I could probably be persuaded. ;)
    Who said anything about camping unless you meant "camping" (i.e. fabulous darling) We could go glamping, that's likely to be more my style.

Their loss, though - if only they had the sense to listen to your top-notch music recommendations and chart predictions instead. ;)
    LOL to be honest i do chat about music to some my colleagues. It's really nice to chat to someone especially if they like the same type of music as me. Not when i ask someone "have you heard this song?" and they just say "it's crap". It cuts the conversation very short.

Shows that I've been absent in this thread for too long but the dream has been realized, and Ava's looking set for a third week on top soon (with the chance of even more yet to come). It's (finally) taking off here in the States now, up No. 83 ---> No. 41 on the latest Hot 100.
    Aww no worries, i've struggled to find time in the last couple of weeks to visit UK Mix as the christmas/new year period is always a busy time of the year, visiting family and going out with mates. I'm slowly getting back into my stride now. Yes indeed Ava Max topping the UK charts is an amazing achievement with her breakthrough single.

Mess? Mediocre? Mortifying?
    All of the above.

Ooh...that's a juicy tidbit! Although WLM still wound up doing quite well, I definitely would've been more interested in/excited for this era if they'd lead with "Strip" (or "The Cure") instead. I still might give LM5 a try if there's a new-release-lull sometime in 2019, but "Woman Like Me" + "Joan Of Arc" really dampened my hype for this project.
    I think the telltale sign was clear when Woman like me entered the charts at #5. Even Shout out to my ex debuted at #1 and that was with just 4 days on sale and streaming. Whilst it did recover and peak at #2 it still highlighted the fact this single really wasn't what the fans wanted to kickstart the new era.

Damn, you're good! I was NOT expecting that No. 80 ---> No. 19 leap on the last chart and now it's on course to crack the Top 15 this Friday!
    To be fair, that impressive climb to #19 was because of the christmas songs disappearing from the chart, but nonetheless it looks very good on paper. Up to #11 yesterday which is such a great result too. Surely Play will have a strong chance of making the top 10 next Friday. *fingers crossed*

• This new No. 1 is all kinds of catchy! How'd you come across it? Both acts involved are brand-new to me.
    It really is so catchy. It reminds me of Galantis who had a couple of big hits in my chart in 2015 and 2016. I also have never heard of ILIRA although Alle Farben did make #14 in 2016 with a track called Please tell Rosie but i much prefer Falling.

• My knowledge of MJ Cole is VERY limited - I just have a few remixes he did of Mariah's "Loverboy" but that had me quite surprised when "Waking Up" turned out to be this ethereal piano ballad. Freya's voice has such a gorgeous, haunting quality.
    I don't remember any MJ Cole songs from when i was young, so i can only guess i maybe did hear them but they appeal to me. Freya has an incredible voice and is the main reason why i checked out Waking up in the first place. She's still generating a lot of success in the UK with Lost without you but i really want to see our radio stations starting to support this song.

• I'm not quite as sold on "Fridaycity," but it did inspire me to revisit the beautiful bop that is "Remedy."
    Ohh yes i loved Remedy so much at the time. Little Boots seemed to disappear out of nowhere so when i saw her name as the featured artist, i was curious. Again i'd never heard of Sharam Jey but watching the video reminded me of when Robyn released With every heartbeat and i got this sense of excitement with Fridaycity.

• Lovin' that new peak for "Mama." I decided to check out What Is Love? last week, and it's definitely among that album's most instant tracks (singles aside).

Yet another chart that's as bright as ever, Jake!
    I noticed Clean Bandit performing really well in your chart last week and seeing Baby #1 made me smile. Mama seems like the obvious next single but as we've discussed time and time again it'll probably be one of the weaker album tracks that gets chosen instead.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 22:28

JakeP Top 20 (12th January 2019)

01 (01) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (RE) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [2 wks] [#2]
    03 (NE) Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (02) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    05 (NE) Fleur East - Favourite thing [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Backstreet Boys - No place [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (04) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    08 (03) Sharam Jey featuring Little Boots - Fridaycity [2 wks] [#3]
    09 (06) Robin Schulz featuring Erika Sirola - Speechless [2 wks] [#6]
    10 (05) Dido - Friends [3 wks] [#2]
    11 (14) Sam Smith - Fire on fire [3 wks] [#5]
    12 (NE) Janelle Monáe featuring Zoë Kravitz - Screwed [1 wk] [#12]
    13 (07) Avril Lavigne - Tell me it’s over [5 wks] [#2]
    14 (10) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [7 wks] [#3]
    15 (09) CamelPhat & Cristoph featuring Jem Cooke - Breathe [4 wks] [#5]
    16 (12) Ava Max - Sweet but psycho [14 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    17 (11) Ariana Grande - thank u, next [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    18 (18) Halsey - Without me [9 wks] [#4]
    19 (08) Clean Bandit featuring Ellie Goulding - Mama [6 wks] [#8]
    20 (13) Don Diablo featuring Emeli Sandé & Gucci Mane - Survive [2 wks] [#13]

The Hit Seeker

Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the fire

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 21:30

Haha no, not a mixtake. I did make a mix-cd though. I'm sure i wasn't the only one on UK Mix who went through that phase of burning tracks onto a blank cd for someone special. I might have a do create some type of snogging playlist, i can pm you a link to listen.
    I'll be sure to keep a close eye on my inbox ;) So was that Dundee boy one of the lucky recipients of a personalized JakeP mixCD/mixdisc? (Hmm...I can't think of a CD-equivalent-term that sounds quite as good as "mixtape").

Who said anything about camping unless you meant "camping" (i.e. fabulous darling) We could go glamping, that's likely to be more my style.
    Sounds like a plan! When you mentioned Brokeback Mountain, my mind immediately went to that scene in the tent...

LOL to be honest i do chat about music to some my colleagues. It's really nice to chat to someone especially if they like the same type of music as me. Not when i ask someone "have you heard this song?" and they just say "it's crap". It cuts the conversation very short.
    Aw. Granted, even UKMIX can be like that sometimes.

To be fair, that impressive climb to #19 was because of the christmas songs disappearing from the chart, but nonetheless it looks very good on paper. Up to #11 yesterday which is such a great result too. Surely Play will have a strong chance of making the top 10 next Friday. *fingers crossed*
    Ah, true true. Given its weak start (60 - 61 - 50 - 80), I thought it might just underperform like poor "All For You" and be forgotten before the holiday hype subsided. Top 10 looks virtually certain now!

I don't remember any MJ Cole songs from when i was young, so i can only guess i maybe did hear them but they appeal to me. Freya has an incredible voice and is the main reason why i checked out Waking up in the first place. She's still generating a lot of success in the UK with Lost without you but i really want to see our radio stations starting to support this song.
    **Nod** Hopefully she can ride the "Lost Without You" momentum to at LEAST one more hit...

Ohh yes i loved Remedy so much at the time. Little Boots seemed to disappear out of nowhere so when i saw her name as the featured artist, i was curious. Again i'd never heard of Sharam Jey but watching the video reminded me of when Robyn released With every heartbeat and i got this sense of excitement with Fridaycity.
    ...unlike Little Boots, who really fell off a cliff after "Remedy" :x Hasn't cracked the Top 40 ever since. Damn, the "Fridaycity" video is a masterpiece, though I'd added the song after seeing it debut on your chart, but hadn't checked out the video yet, so thanks for mentioning it! Now why can't acts with far more success (and far bigger budgets) deliver stuff like that...?

I noticed Clean Bandit performing really well in your chart last week and seeing Baby #1 made me smile. Mama seems like the obvious next single but as we've discussed time and time again it'll probably be one of the weaker album tracks that gets chosen instead.
    :x Given how "Baby" has performed (though I'm relieved that it least it went Top 15), I won't be TOO shocked if they decide not to properly push anything else from What Is Love? (unless there's a special edition in the works, like they did with New Eyes).

01 (01) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (RE) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [2 wks] [#2]
    04 (02) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    05 (NE) Fleur East - Favourite thing [1 wk] [#5]
    07 (04) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    08 (03) Sharam Jey featuring Little Boots - Fridaycity [2 wks] [#3]
    09 (06) Robin Schulz featuring Erika Sirola - Speechless [2 wks] [#6]
    12 (NE) Janelle Monáe featuring Zoë Kravitz - Screwed [1 wk] [#12]
    13 (07) Avril Lavigne - Tell me it’s over [5 wks] [#2]
    14 (10) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [7 wks] [#3]
    16 (12) Ava Max - Sweet but psycho [14 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    17 (11) Ariana Grande - thank u, next [10 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    18 (18) Halsey - Without me [9 wks] [#4]
    19 (08) Clean Bandit featuring Ellie Goulding - Mama [6 wks] [#8]
    • Looks like "Fading" hasn't faded at all yet, even with several new/returning competitors inside the Top 5!
    • How cute is Troye in that video?! Packed with bright colors, eye candy, and interesting effects too. Definitely glad we got another official clip this era!
    • I've been pretty underwhelmed by "Favourite Thing" so far, but it did inspire me to re-visit "More And More" and "Breakfast," which I hadn't touched much since 2016. Poor Fleur seems to have suffered a similar fate to Little Boots: straight from a Top 10/Top 5 smash to (near) total public rejection (or at least indifference).
    • Solid debut for Janelle! "Screwed" is another Dirty Computer highlight, with plenty of memorable lines: "wanna get screwed on a holiday, wanna get screwed in a matinee..."

Yet another chart with charm that's clear to see, Jake!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-01-19, 22:42

OMG I can't at somebody stanning for ILIRA on UKMix Nice though! Do you like her solo single too?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-01-19, 17:20

I'll be sure to keep a close eye on my inbox ;) So was that Dundee boy one of the lucky recipients of a personalized JakeP mixCD/mixdisc? (Hmm...I can't think of a CD-equivalent-term that sounds quite as good as "mixtape").
    Haha no it was actually for a girl i was friends with at high school who wanted a cd of dance hits compiling. Actually he wasn't really into music the same way i always have been. He was more into coding and building websites, that's the type of job he does now full time. Not gonna lie, i still having him around because he felt like a one of a kind, like i doubt i'd ever meet about guy quite like him. I'm at least thankful that we still keep in contact but still, it's not the same. :(

Sounds like a plan! When you mentioned Brokeback Mountain, my mind immediately went to that scene in the tent...
    LOL i bet it did. I'd be more than happy to re-enact that scene.

Aw. Granted, even UKMIX can be like that sometimes.
    That's when you leave a thread never to return.

Ah, true true. Given its weak start (60 - 61 - 50 - 80), I thought it might just underperform like poor "All For You" and be forgotten before the holiday hype subsided. Top 10 looks virtually certain now!
    Up to #8 now. Proof that Spotify has made it difficult for songs to become hits quicker, but the cream always rises to the top so i'm really happy that Play made the top 10.

**Nod** Hopefully she can ride the "Lost Without You" momentum to at LEAST one more hit...
    The problem is Lost without you won't give up the fight. I don't know how its managing it (well, increase in sales most likely) but it's still hanging around the UK charts and is showing no signs of departing just yet.

...unlike Little Boots, who really fell off a cliff after "Remedy" :x Hasn't cracked the Top 40 ever since. Damn, the "Fridaycity" video is a masterpiece, though I'd added the song after seeing it debut on your chart, but hadn't checked out the video yet, so thanks for mentioning it! Now why can't acts with far more success (and far bigger budgets) deliver stuff like that...?
    I'm not really sure why Little Boots fell by the wayside. Either the material she released just wasn't as strong, or she got shunned heavily by radio and music channels. LOL i know that's so true. Again, Fridaycity was discovered whilst searching for songs to enter FSC - by usually always the country i want to represent is taken before i get chance to read the thread. Again, if radio and music channels actually gave something like Fridaycity airplay and raise its public profile so that more people can hear the song who otherwise might not even realise the song exists, it could become something of a moderate hit.

:x Given how "Baby" has performed (though I'm relieved that it least it went Top 15), I won't be TOO shocked if they decide not to properly push anything else from What Is Love? (unless there's a special edition in the works, like they did with New Eyes).
    I'd choose Mama if they were going to push another single. It's radio friendly and catchy and would possibly help Ellie Goulding in the long run too.

• Looks like "Fading" hasn't faded at all yet, even with several new/returning competitors inside the Top 5!
    • How cute is Troye in that video?! Packed with bright colors, eye candy, and interesting effects too. Definitely glad we got another official clip this era!
    • I've been pretty underwhelmed by "Favourite Thing" so far, but it did inspire me to re-visit "More And More" and "Breakfast," which I hadn't touched much since 2016. Poor Fleur seems to have suffered a similar fate to Little Boots: straight from a Top 10/Top 5 smash to (near) total public rejection (or at least indifference).
    • Solid debut for Janelle! "Screwed" is another Dirty Computer highlight, with plenty of memorable lines: "wanna get screwed on a holiday, wanna get screwed in a matinee..."

Yet another chart with charm that's clear to see, Jake!
    Fading benefitted from a full week. I know some songs can get to #1 after just 24 hours, but in this case i've been loving Fading since discovering the track so it was fairly comfortably at #1.

The main battle last weekend was for #2. I didn't realise Troye was releasing a music video for Lucky strike so when i popped up on YouTube's recommends list, i had to check it out instantly. I also love the video, so much more fun and colourful. If it was the summer it'd be too hot to handle.

I really enjoy Favourite things and the fact Fleur returned with something different. I loved Sax so much but then the rest the album just didn't have the same magic about it - or at least from the tracks i checked out i wasn't that impressed overall and somewhat underwhelmed. Perhaps Little Boots' album was also quite underwhelming after the joyous anthemic pop of Remedy had got the UK interested.

Janelle benefitted mostly from the release of the Screwed music video. I still think Make me feel is amazing so for me personally, whilst the others track i've heard are all really good they don't quite have that same impact on me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-01-19, 17:22

Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino
    OMG I can't at somebody stanning for ILIRA on UKMix Nice though! Do you like her solo single too?
    I don't know much about ILIRA tbh, i discovered Fading whilst searching for songs to enter the FSC. I just love the song, its so camp and fluffy and amazing. Plus the music video is quite funny to watch too. I'll need to check out this solo single, you've got me all curious.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-01-19, 22:40

JakeP Top 20 (19th January 2019)

01 (NE) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (01) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    03 (NE) Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the fire [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (02) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [3 wks] [#2]
    05 (NE) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Glowie - Body [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it [2 wks] [#3]
    08 (04) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    09 (NE) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [1 wk] [#9]
    10 (07) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    11 (NE) The Killers - Land of the free [1 wk] [#11]
    12 (NE) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [1 wk] [#12]
    13 (NE) Westlife - Hello my love [1 wk] [#13]
    14 (14) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [8 wks] [#3]
    15 (09) Robin Schulz featuring Erika Sirola - Speechless [3 wks] [#6]
    16 (05) Fleur East - Favourite thing [2 wks] [#5]
    17 (NE) Kehlani featuring Ty Dolla $ign - Nights like this [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (NE) Lauren Jaurequi - More than that [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (NE) The Chemical Brothers - MAH [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (NE) Billie Eilish - WHEN I WAS OLDER [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 01-02-19, 19:42

JakeP Top 20 (26th January 2019)

01 (01) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [2 wks] [#1] (1 wks @ #1)

02 (02) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    03 (04) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [4 wks] [#2]
    04 (NE) Kerli - Better [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (NE) Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (12) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [2 wks] [#6]
    07 (05) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [2 wks] [#5]
    08 (09) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [2 wks] [#9]
    09 (NE) Mabel - Don’t call me up [1 wk] [#9]
    10 (03) Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the fire [2 wks] [#3]
    11 (10) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    12 (07) Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it [3 wks] [#3]
    13 (06) Glowie - Body [2 wks] [#6]
    14 (08) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    15 (NE) Dido - Give you up [1 wk] [#15]
    16 (NE) Hozier Almost (sweet music) [1 wk] [#16]
    17 (14) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [9 wks] [#3]
    18 (11) The Killers - Land of the free [2 wks] [#11]
    19 (13) Westlife - Hello my love [2 wks] [#13]
    20 (17) Kehlani featuring Ty Dolla $ign - Nights like this [2 wks] [#17]

The Hit Seeker

Dua Lipa - Swan song

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 19:33

JakeP Top 20 (2nd February 2019)

01 (NE) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Moderation [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (06) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [3 wks] [#4]
    05 (NE) Dua Lipa - Swan song [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Lauv & Troye Sivan - i’m so tired [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (09) Mabel - Don’t call me up [2 wks] [#7]
    08 (02) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    09 (07) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [3 wks] [#5]
    10 (05) Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying [2 wks] [#5]
    11 (08) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [3 wks] [#8]
    12 (17) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [10 wks] [#3]
    13 (11) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    14 (03) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [5 wks] [#2]
    15 (10) Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the fire [3 wks] [#3]
    16 (04) Kerli - Better [2 wks] [#4]
    17 (12) Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it [4 wks] [#3]
    18 (14) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    19 (20) Kehlani featuring Ty Dolla $ign - Nights like this [3 wks] [#17]
    20 (13) Glowie - Body [3 wks] [#6]

The Hit Seeker

KAZKA - Cry

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 19:41

as I've written in LittleArsonist's personal chart, ''bury a friend'' feels underwhelming to me, I expected a more intense and haunting melody (like in Surma's ''Pugna'' in Festival De Cancao)
    Waffles are checked cookies

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 19:45

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    as I've written in LittleArsonist's personal chart, ''bury a friend'' feels underwhelming to me, I expected a more intense and haunting melody (like in Surma's ''Pugna'' in Festival De Cancao)
    Aww i love it. The very fact that Billie Eilish has made such an upbeat quirky track is so refreshing to hear.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-02-19, 09:19

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Aww thanks hun <3 I had a really chilled almost verging on lazy ( ) christmas but it was so enjoyable. Ohh nice, did you visit Manchester or were you staying in Devon? I hope you had a lovely time on your holidays.

It's a scary thought when i stop and think that 2009 was 10 years ago. It doesn't even feel like it was that long ago, time just goes so fast. I suspect they wanted to hold back the UK to help build up some momentum so that Just dance got off to a strong start, which is exactly what happened. Ava Max probably won't but whose to say what'll happen in 2019. There might be another female artist who comes along this year who snatches everyones waive.

Ohh yes Ava Max was the UK's christmas #1. Although a part of me really wanted Mariah Carey to get there (technically she was #1) but they keep changing the rules to prevent the most popular song of the week from being number #1. The catch 22 of the streaming era.

Oh definitely, then there's be the x-rated director's cut.

I genuinely think Nothing breaks like a heart is fantastic and a really well written song. As i've said since its release it also helps that the music video is almost like watching a movie. Haha proof that artists really can win over new fans with a hot new single.

MJ Cole is a producer who had success in the early 00s although i don't really recall those songs. It was Freya Ridings involvement that got me interested as i adore her big breakthrough single Lost without you. Waking up is essentially a piano ballad but MJ Cole provides the track with a dark eerie subtle dance twist which makes the song all the more compelling for me.

Cannot believe it has been over a month since I replied in here

Ah, that sounds like the perfect Christmas break! (It does feel like suchhhh a long time ago already, wow). We did stay in Devon this time, same like you, very relaxing and sometimes lazy. Hanging with friends, going for long walks and afterwards have a drink down the pub. And I wachted a lot of television shows I wanted to catch up with

Mariah would have made more sense as the Christmas 1! Sweet But Psycho is not very Christmas-y, but still happy to see it got there.

I really cannot seem to get into Billie Eilish, was just listening to this new song and I just don't like it I am afraid.
    Swan Song however has grown on me very much, nice to se hear some new Dua as well. Curious to hear her follow up this year, she has been so big and I hope she won't follow the trend of a not very successfull second album.
    Woop for Mabel as well <3 Shame Fleur East has already dropped out, that is still my jam at the moment.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 19:03

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Cannot believe it has been over a month since I replied in here
    Haha well with christmas and new year that's understandable. <3

Ah, that sounds like the perfect Christmas break! (It does feel like suchhhh a long time ago already, wow). We did stay in Devon this time, same like you, very relaxing and sometimes lazy. Hanging with friends, going for long walks and afterwards have a drink down the pub. And I wachted a lot of television shows I wanted to catch up with
    Gosh it does. That's the funny thing about christmas, there's so much hype and build up...and then it's boxing day. Aww i'm happy you had a lovely stay in Devon. Aah are you a Netflix and chill kinda guy?

Mariah would have made more sense as the Christmas 1! Sweet But Psycho is not very Christmas-y, but still happy to see it got there.
    I got that wrong, it was actually a charity song by LadBaby that was the UK christmas #1 and typically it dropped out the chart as fast as it entered. Ava did eventually top the charts though. <3

I really cannot seem to get into Billie Eilish, was just listening to this new song and I just don't like it I am afraid.
    Swan Song however has grown on me very much, nice to se hear some new Dua as well. Curious to hear her follow up this year, she has been so big and I hope she won't follow the trend of a not very successfull second album.
    Woop for Mabel as well <3 Shame Fleur East has already dropped out, that is still my jam at the moment.
    Aww each to their own. I know Billie Eilish isn't a popstar in the Britney/Katy Perry mould but i find her music really endearing. Granted the levels of success in my chart for each single has differed but i really am loving bury a friend atm. <3

Swan song is also very quirky and different for Dua Lipa but then again her most popular hits have been quirky in their own way. Also this isn't even the lead single so i'm sure whenever we get the lead single, that'll be her moment of glory for sure. I suspect Dua will get a lot of backing and support from media (radio/music channels) and could possibly score an insta-hit on Spotify. ;)

Mabel is also continuing to grow on me with Don't call me up and its looking set to become her biggest hit yet. Sadly i feel like i got over Favourite things fairly quick. :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 06-02-19, 03:51

Boo at me missing "7 Rings" at #1 here, but yay at your present top 2! "Bury a Friend" is far and away the best thing Billie Eilish has done for me, and "Moderation" is much more within the lane of sound that I desire from Florence + the Machine.

This is my first time seeing "but I Have It" affixed to that Lana Del Rey song title. Is that an official or personal edit?

04 (06) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [3 wks] [#4]
    08 (02) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    12 (17) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [10 wks] [#3]
    13 (11) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    17 (12) Lana Del Rey - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it [4 wks] [#3]

So i already know how much impact Fading had on you earlier this week and i was so happy seeing it make #1 even if it was just a day, that's more than i would've expect. Glad to help you discover another little gem.

Nothing breaks like a heart has been a firm favourite of mine since its release although i suspect it'll start to drift downwards as all the new music starts to get released.

Haha i'd be super surprised (in a good way) were Clean Bandit were to ever collaborate with Mariah. In fact i urge you to get on the phone ASAP to make it happen (no pun intended )
    I'm actually listening to "Make It Happen" now after reading your comment.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 06-02-19, 19:39

Did you meet via Gaydar/Tinder or somewhere else?

It does seem to differ between countries but i suppose the culture makes all the difference. It's definitely not like that in the UK, i would be shocked if i saw a group of straight guys being really open and hugging each other all the time.

Aww how often would you say you're on your own? Ohh totally you need to find quality time to spend with your own friends even if those moments are only occasionally.

LOL you so want him. (only joking )
    I’m not sure if you know it, but there’s a site called Gayromeo (or Planet Romeo) that’s where we met each other.

Not even the young people, like teens or in the early 20s? This is becoming such a thing over here, especially for the people who live in the city (they seem to be more open towards these things overall).

I’d say more often than I’m with him. We’re spending three nights with each other in a normal week, sometimes less (depends on his schedule) and in rare cases more (when we’re going on vacation or something like that). Anyways, I’ve realized that being on my own is good as well, as I don’t have time for my ‘other love’ – UKMix, charts & stuff like that – when I’m with him. When it comes to spending time with my own friends, that’s a very unfortunate thing as I don’t really have close friends in real life. But that’s a whole other story.

Sweetener has proved to be a very polarising album based on the comments i've read in the pop forum. Some people are totally here for r'n'b Ariana whilst my love for pure pop will forever be strong and so that's why i get more excited and interested whenever artists release an absolute diamond gem of a pop song.
    That’s probably the good thing for me, as I enjoy both Ariana’s. I love the pop smashes but I’m also here for the R&B tracks, that’s why I’m loving “Sweetener” so much. Will be interesting to read the feedbacks for her upcoming album, as I feel this will be even more R&B…

They definitely picked the best album track to push as breathin remains exceptionally good. It might not have been a big a chart hit as No tears left to cry but i really believe this is a song that is gonna stand the test of time, possibly moreso than God is a woman and i love both songs pretty much equally.
    I can see that too! Actually, I think “Breathin” is similar to “One Last Time”. No one saw it coming that this would end up as the track from “My Everything” that will be remembered later on (instead of “Problem”), but it did. Ok, fair enough, it got a boost through the tragic events that happened, but I’m confident that it would have been the song that would have been remembered the best from that era even without these events.

I just checked and Avril's new album is expected February 15th 2019 so i'm curious to see if they push another single/instant grat before then. Personally it's 2/2 already so i'm hopeful that Head above water will deliver the goods.
    Yeah, it’s already coming out so soon. They didn’t even push “Tell Me It’s Over” that much. Interestingly, “Head Above Water” is showing some longevity, especially over here in Switzerland where it’s still on the official charts in its 15th week. I’m pretty excited for the whole album, but it seems a bit unlucky that three of my six favorite artists release their albums in February as well, so Avril may get lost a bit for me…

Haha when it comes to Kerli i know that you'll be there showing your love and support. <3 I genuinely think Savages is better than Spirit animal which i found quite disappointing and really wanted to like that song. :( I would've been so ecstatic to see Kerli represent Estonia with a 3 minute version of Savages. It's already got me anticipating whats to come in 2019.
    I’ll always be here to show love and support for Kerli <3 She’s still incredibly underrated and basically completely unknown these days, so it’s always VERY good to see her getting entries somewhere else and not just on my personal charts. Yeah, there were even rumors that Kerli may try it again for Estonia in 2019, but she said she doesn’t do it as it’s too expensive (she had to pay everything by herself in 2018, the whole performance, dancers, production etc.) and now she wants to focus on the album instead, which makes sense. But, I still think she could have pulled a Loreen (ending up #2 in the country’s pre-selection and winning the year afterwards).

JakeP Top 20 (2nd February 2019)

10 (05) Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying [2 wks] [#5]
    11 (08) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [3 wks] [#8]
    15 (10) Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the fire [3 wks] [#3]
    16 (04) Kerli - Better [2 wks] [#4]
    19 (20) Kehlani featuring Ty Dolla $ign - Nights like this [3 wks] [#17]
    Woah, now this is a VERY unexpected #1 debut for Billie Eilish this week – good for her though!
    “Bury A Friend” sounds good so far, but I still prefer “Lovely” and “You Should See Me In A Crown”. The latter has been coming back into my head again lately, and I’ve been watching a few interviews of her as well lately, so I’m slowly getting really into the Billie-mood.

Not a big fan of “Moderation”, sadly.

Glad Ariana got another #1 hit on your charts with “7 Rings”. It’s good, but I have to admit I’m a little bit worried for the album, as these three singles are weaker than the singles for every other album. Like, even though “Sweetener” was and still is huge for me, my excitement for an album by Ariana has never been that low. Is it different for you or are you not that excited as well?

Nice to see “Dancing With A Stranger” doing pretty well. I really enjoy this song and I hope it becomes big, they both deserve it.

And, to no ones surprise, my favorite part of your current Top20 is obviously Kerli’s “Better”! Well, the drop this week is very harsh, but she has reached #4 last week which is impressive and as you know, I’m always sooo happy for every little entry for her. She’s already releasing the next single this Friday, it’s called “Legends”

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-02-19, 11:26

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Boo at me missing "7 Rings" at #1 here, but yay at your present top 2! "Bury a Friend" is far and away the best thing Billie Eilish has done for me, and "Moderation" is much more within the lane of sound that I desire from Florence + the Machine.

This is my first time seeing "but I Have It" affixed to that Lana Del Rey song title. Is that an official or personal edit?
    Haha well UK Mix was down during 7 rings domination in my chart so it's no surprise it kinda went unnoticed. I've still not had chance to check out any of the tracks from Ariana's new album purely because i was eager to finally get my top 100 of 2018 completed last night.

Billie Eilish has really delivered imo with bury a friend. It's so quirky and different and it's also different to hear something so upbeat considering all of Billie's singles last year were ballads or downtempo tracks. I adore the melody too as i posted in the pop forum, it's almost like a nursery rhyme. Instantly catchy.

The success for Florence + The Machine is no shock in my chart. Florence Welch is such an exceptional singer and just the way she performs really captivates me. <3 It's definitely a positive sign that you're enjoying this particular track. I was also surprised to see a new single released so soon but i guess this is how the music industry is changing.

As for Lana Del Rey, yes that really is the official song title. Maybe others just didn't see the point is typing out the whole song title? My personal chart is prepped before i post it so it's not a big deal for me to type it out once, then just update the order of the tracks when the new chart is compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I'm actually listening to "Make It Happen" now after reading your comment.
    LOL the JakeP influence.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-02-19, 12:34

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    I’m not sure if you know it, but there’s a site called Gayromeo (or Planet Romeo) that’s where we met each other.

Not even the young people, like teens or in the early 20s? This is becoming such a thing over here, especially for the people who live in the city (they seem to be more open towards these things overall).
    Ohh i've not heard of Gayromeo, i might check it out.

I've seen guys hugging each other when i've been to canal street for nights out. Maybe it does happen more regularly but i always get the impressive then young teens now seem more inclusive then ever before.

I’d say more often than I’m with him. We’re spending three nights with each other in a normal week, sometimes less (depends on his schedule) and in rare cases more (when we’re going on vacation or something like that). Anyways, I’ve realized that being on my own is good as well, as I don’t have time for my ‘other love’ – UKMix, charts & stuff like that – when I’m with him. When it comes to spending time with my own friends, that’s a very unfortunate thing as I don’t really have close friends in real life. But that’s a whole other story.
    Aww But as you say if your own personal schedules clash with work etc...then thats understandable.

Well everyone needs their own personal space. It might feel a bit too much if you were constantly in each others company, although then again it depends on the individual. Some guys might love being with their partners all the time, other guys less so.

I suspect you're not alone regarding friends. I've got friends from school, college and from work so i chat to whenever we see each other, but i've always had a small selective circle of friends who i tend to spend more time with. A lot of that comes down to having more in common with them, going round to their house and visa versa and then having night out with them even if they are few and far between.

LOL you do realise these one smilie posts usually say a thousand words! (only joking ).

That’s probably the good thing for me, as I enjoy both Ariana’s. I love the pop smashes but I’m also here for the R&B tracks, that’s why I’m loving “Sweetener” so much. Will be interesting to read the feedbacks for her upcoming album, as I feel this will be even more R&B…
    I'm always here for r'n'b but they have to still good to my ears. I'm not really here for basic minimalist production that's all bleeps with a distinct lack of melody or memorable chorus. I'm gonna check out thank u, next later on iTunes and see what i think of the tracks. I'm hoping it'll be more to my liking but i'm not holding my breath though.

I can see that too! Actually, I think “Breathin” is similar to “One Last Time”. No one saw it coming that this would end up as the track from “My Everything” that will be remembered later on (instead of “Problem”), but it did. Ok, fair enough, it got a boost through the tragic events that happened, but I’m confident that it would have been the song that would have been remembered the best from that era even without these events.
    That's a good point. An amazing song will always remain amazing regardless of its chart success. I agree about One last time because it was the most fitting song for Ariana to sing at the end of her concerts. Now it'll always have a totally different meaning to millions of people but like you say it was always going to be a fan favourite for years.

Yeah, it’s already coming out so soon. They didn’t even push “Tell Me It’s Over” that much. Interestingly, “Head Above Water” is showing some longevity, especially over here in Switzerland where it’s still on the official charts in its 15th week. I’m pretty excited for the whole album, but it seems a bit unlucky that three of my six favorite artists release their albums in February as well, so Avril may get lost a bit for me…
    I think the underperformance of Head above water must've got the record label thinking "well, what happened there?" because i was definitely thinking the same. How such a powerful ballad could struggle so badly. The charts don't reflect the music i love the most so i can't even use the UK charts as a barometer for the best new music anymore. Spotify has almost made the charts redundant with the onslaught of urban/grime music that just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Whereas Avril will always remain an artist i have strong affection for and i'm looking forward to hearing tracks on her new album, i'm sure Avril will deliver. <3 Ohh i didn't realise the song was doing well in Switzerland. That's quite promising then and proves that the swiss have amazing taste!

I’ll always be here to show love and support for Kerli <3 She’s still incredibly underrated and basically completely unknown these days, so it’s always VERY good to see her getting entries somewhere else and not just on my personal charts. Yeah, there were even rumors that Kerli may try it again for Estonia in 2019, but she said she doesn’t do it as it’s too expensive (she had to pay everything by herself in 2018, the whole performance, dancers, production etc.) and now she wants to focus on the album instead, which makes sense. But, I still think she could have pulled a Loreen (ending up #2 in the country’s pre-selection and winning the year afterwards).
    If Kerli was to collaborate with a big name like David Guetta, Jax Jones, Calvin Harris or Clean Bandit then i'm sure that would propel Kerli into the pop stratosphere. I'm really shocked that Kerli had to fund her own entry for last years eurovison. It makes me wonder if that applied to other contenders in other countries too. Then again kudos to Kerli on choosing to work on her album instead as i'm sure this will be more rewarding in the end. <3

Woah, now this is a VERY unexpected #1 debut for Billie Eilish this week – good for her though!
    “Bury A Friend” sounds good so far, but I still prefer “Lovely” and “You Should See Me In A Crown”. The latter has been coming back into my head again lately, and I’ve been watching a few interviews of her as well lately, so I’m slowly getting really into the Billie-mood.
    Well it certainly came out of nowhere during the week but i'm been transfixed by bury a friend since the music video was released. As i just posted in reply to Akini, hearing such an upbeat song really caught me off guard because despite being upbeat it retains that quriky eerie magic that is so typically Billie Eilish in its sound. Aww i watched that interview of Billie comparing her to a year ago and i found it so touching and really impactful. Just emphasised how much Billie has grown and gained so much popularity in just 12 months, and to hear her talking so open and honestly about how she feels now compared to early 2018.

Not a big fan of “Moderation”, sadly.
    Aww but i'm already aware that you're not the biggest Florence fan so that's cool.

Glad Ariana got another #1 hit on your charts with “7 Rings”. It’s good, but I have to admit I’m a little bit worried for the album, as these three singles are weaker than the singles for every other album. Like, even though “Sweetener” was and still is huge for me, my excitement for an album by Ariana has never been that low. Is it different for you or are you not that excited as well?
    Well there's no denying that i also much prefer No tears left to cry, God is a woman and breathin much more than i do thank u, next and 7 rings even though i've still enjoyed them a lot. That said, i've not even had chance to check out the new single yet even though the music video has already been released. Gosh i'm so behind already. It's difficult to really say how i feel about the new Ariana album because i genuinely thought i was going to love Sweetener based on the singles but it ended up becoming a huge anticlimax for me, so in a way i'm not expecting amazing things with thank u, next but only time will tell.

Nice to see “Dancing With A Stranger” doing pretty well. I really enjoy this song and I hope it becomes big, they both deserve it.
    It's such a catchy song especially the chorus with the Taylor Swift inspired "look what you made me do" hook. I'm sure Sam Smith have lifted that lyric directly from Taylor rather than it being a pure co-incidence. The production on the song is really solid too, a strong pop song.

And, to no ones surprise, my favorite part of your current Top20 is obviously Kerli’s “Better”! Well, the drop this week is very harsh, but she has reached #4 last week which is impressive and as you know, I’m always sooo happy for every little entry for her. She’s already releasing the next single this Friday, it’s called “Legends”
    Yes Kerli did suffer from a lack of plays last week but with UK Mix being down, i found myself doing more non-music related things as a result. Then whenever i was listening to music, it was mainly checking out new music on YouTube. I still need to check out Legends too.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-02-19, 22:50

JakeP Top 20 (9th February 2019)

01 (NE) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (01) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (03) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    04 (NE) KAZKA - Cry [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (07) Mabel - Don’t call me up [3 wks] [#5]
    06 (04) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [4 wks] [#4]
    07 (02) Florence + The Machine - Moderation [2 wks] [#2]
    08 (08) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    09 (10) Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying [3 wks] [#5]
    10 (09) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [4 wks] [#5]
    11 (05) Dua Lipa - Swan song [2 wks] [#5]
    12 (NE) Lizzo - Juice [1 wk] [#12]
    13 (06) Lauv & Troye Sivan - i’m so tired [2 wks] [#6]
    14 (NE) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [1 wk] [#14]
    15 (13) Mark Ronson featuring Miley Cyrus - Nothing breaks like a heart [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    16 (11) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [4 wks] [#8]
    17 (NE) Astrid S - Someone new [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (12) Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play [11 wks] [#3]
    19 (14) Troye Sivan - Lucky strike [6 wks] [#2]
    20 (18) MJ Cole & Freya Ridings - Waking up [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 22:07

JakeP Top 20 (16th February 2019)

01 (NE) Ariana Grande - ghostin [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)

02 (01) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (NE) Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (02) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    05 (NE) Ariana Grande - bad idea [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Ariana Grande - bloodline [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    08 (05) Mabel - Don’t call me up [4 wks] [#5]
    09 (04) KAZKA - Cry [2 wks] [#4]
    10 (14) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [2 wks] [#10]
    11 (12) Lizzo - Juice [2 wks] [#11]
    12 (NE) Kerli - Legends [1 wk] [#12]
    13 (13) Lauv & Troye Sivan - i’m so tired [3 wks] [#6]
    14 (06) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [5 wks] [#4]
    15 (09) Sigrid - Don’t feel like crying [4 wks] [#5]
    16 (16) Calvin Harris & Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant [5 wks] [#8]
    17 (NE) MARINA - Handmade heaven [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (10) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [5 wks] [#5]
    19 (NE) Ariana Grande - fake smile [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (08) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

The Hit Seeker

Years & Years & MNEK - Valentino

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 22:28

Your #1 is my favourite non-single on the album at this point. Ari's voice shines on those mellow songs.

BUWYGIB has grown on me a lot! Charles Melton is such a heartthrob. Love him in the video. "Fake Smile" recently connected with me, too.

I just checked out the Niall Horan song, and it's good.

01 (NE) Ariana Grande - ghostin [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (01) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    03 (NE) Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (02) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    05 (NE) Ariana Grande - bad idea [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Ariana Grande - bloodline [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (03) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    13 (13) Lauv & Troye Sivan - i’m so tired [3 wks] [#6]
    14 (06) Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly [5 wks] [#4]
    17 (NE) MARINA - Handmade heaven [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (10) Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a stranger [5 wks] [#5]
    19 (NE) Ariana Grande - fake smile [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (08) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Fading [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)

As for Lana Del Rey, yes that really is the official song title. Maybe others just didn't see the point is typing out the whole song title? My personal chart is prepped before i post it so it's not a big deal for me to type it out once, then just update the order of the tracks when the new chart is compiled.
    Oh my, I checked and you're right! The song title is so long that I didn't pay attention to it floating and missed out the last bit. Thanks for letting me know!