Thread: JakeP Top 20

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 5th, 2019, 21:28

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I can always tell when I'm long overdue to visit my favourite personal charts as my playlists tend to get particularly random, retro, or repetitive - an interesting trio of r's. Speaking of trios, I checked out your top three, and I liked them all enough that I added them to my Spotify library. "Juice" is particularly snappy!

01 (07) Lizzo - Juice [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (05) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [4 wks] [#2]
    03 (NE) Grace Carter - Heal me [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (01) Ariana Grande - ghostin [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    05 (02) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    08 (03) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    10 (12) P!nk - Walk me home [2 wks] [#10]
    11 (11) Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow [2 wks] [#11]
    13 (06) Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored [3 wks] [#3]
    15 (13) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    16 (09) Ariana Grande - bad idea [3 wks] [#5]
    19 (NE) Zedd & Katy Perry - 365 [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (19) Years & Years & MNEK - Valentino [2 wks] [#19]
    Thanks Akini

Haha sometimes i get that same feeling although it can often be down to me checking new music and not really feeling it, as if everyone is out to make slow burners rather than those big juicy pop bops that have an immediate impact on me.

There's nothing wrong with having days of random, retro and repetitive. Even last night i was listening to random tracks like La isla bonita, I wanna dance with somebody and Eye of the tiger. I was going through my pre-birth 80s phase.

Aww i'm delighted that you've found 3 nice discoveries from my top 3. Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi have both been growing for a few weeks whereas Grace Carter's track i saw the video on MTV last week and i especially loved the chorus which really grabbed my attention.

Juice is indeed incredibly snappy. The music video really makes the song come to life too. I'm still hoping that Lizzo can at least crack the UK top 40 although in an ideal world she would be much higher up. <3

Superstar
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 7th, 2019, 18:36

Oh, now I see where Akini got the love for Lizzo - isn't Juice fun?

Also pleased to see someone else charting Rainbow. Such a beautiful track

I guess I need to check out Lewis Capaldi - I'm seeing his name crop up in a bunch of places.
    It's time for Hot 100 Songs of 2018 Survivor!
    Of course, cheapthrills does Sia Survivor!

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 8th, 2019, 18:27

Omg, I have been in this topic for such a long time!! I am so sorry, just too busy. But I am back.
    How are you?? Hope everything is going well <33

Great avatar, haha. As you may can guess, I adore Juice. Or better said, Lizzo in general. She is such a star and Juice deserves to be massive. I am delighted to see her at #1. She is such a breath of fresh air the industry very much needed at the moment.

Nice to see Grace Carter so high here as well. Heal Me is gorgeous.

Have you heard ex-Noisettes' Shangai's debut single already? Thought you might like that one as well, soo good.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 13:10

Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    Great top 2!
    Thanks steophonic

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 13:27

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Oh, now I see where Akini got the love for Lizzo - isn't Juice fun?

Also pleased to see someone else charting Rainbow. Such a beautiful track

I guess I need to check out Lewis Capaldi - I'm seeing his name crop up in a bunch of places.
    Thanks cheapthrills

Haha Lizzo has been gradually making her impact on my chart and last week i was giving Juice so much love. I love it, such an uplifting fun track. <3

I didn't watch the grammies but did check out some footage on YouTube and was pleasantly surprised to see Kacey winning best album. The music video for Rainbow was released the following day or something so i found myself going back and watching it several times, and that love continued into last week too.

As i discussed in Akini's chart thread, the first time i heard Grace by Lewis Capaldi i wasn't that impressed. I thought it was one of those clone singers who sound like somebody already successful. So i initially dismissed Lewis until i heard Someone you loved. My opinion has clearly changed over the month and now i really adore this song and i'm so happy to see such a heartfelt ballad and music video getting to #1 in the UK. His album could very well end up being one of 2019's biggest albums of the year although his success translates across the world is left to be seen.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 13:36

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Omg, I have been in this topic for such a long time!! I am so sorry, just too busy. But I am back.
    How are you?? Hope everything is going well <33

Great avatar, haha. As you may can guess, I adore Juice. Or better said, Lizzo in general. She is such a star and Juice deserves to be massive. I am delighted to see her at #1. She is such a breath of fresh air the industry very much needed at the moment.

Nice to see Grace Carter so high here as well. Heal Me is gorgeous.

Have you heard ex-Noisettes' Shangai's debut single already? Thought you might like that one as well, soo good.
    Thanks Fan

Yay at us sharing the same fabulous avatar too. Tbh i noticed you had Lizzo as your avatar about 2 weeks ago but we have to spread the Juice love. <3

Aww don't worry about commenting. I tend to find i'm busy or pre-occupied with my own general stuff that needs sorting out so when i'm on UK Mix most of the time i just quickly browse threads and not find enough time to properly comment. :( There really aren't enough hours in the day!

Yes i'm totally loving Juice and Lizzo did remarkably well to power ahead of the competition last week.

Aww i'm delighted to see some more love for Heal me. It's kinda sad that i'd never heard the song anywhere until i saw the music video getting played on MTV. I agree the chorus is so powerful and really grabbed my attention. Like Lizzo, these songs deserve to be so much more successful than they currently are.

I've not heard Shangai's single. Just tried looking on YouTube and nothing came up in the search. Do you have a link?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 20:51

JakeP Top 20 (9th March 2019)

01 (01) Lizzo - Juice [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (03) Grace Carter - Heal me [2 wks] [#2]
    03 (NE) John Newman - Feelings [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (02) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [5 wks] [#2]
    05 (NE) Dido - Give you up [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (NE) Freya Ridings - You mean the world to me [1 wk] [#6]
    07 (04) Ariana Grande - ghostin [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    08 (NE) Jonas Brothers - Sucker [1 wk] [#8]
    09 (NE) Ellie Goulding - Flux [1 wk] [#9]
    10 (05) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    11 (NE) Rita Ora - Only want you [1 wk] [#11]
    12 (07) Mabel - Don’t call me up [7 wks] [#5]
    13 (09) KAZKA - Cry [5 wks] [#4]
    14 (14) Jess Glynne - No one [2 wks] [#14]
    15 (06) Dido - Chances [2 wks] [#6]
    16 (08) Billie Eilish - bury a friend [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    17 (15) Ariana Grande - 7 rings [8 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    18 (NE) MARINA - Superstar [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (NE) Guy Sebastian - Before i go [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (NE) Billie Eilish - wish you were gay [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Ava Max - So am i

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 10th, 2019, 18:14

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Thanks Fan

Yay at us sharing the same fabulous avatar too. Tbh i noticed you had Lizzo as your avatar about 2 weeks ago but we have to spread the Juice love. <3

Aww don't worry about commenting. I tend to find i'm busy or pre-occupied with my own general stuff that needs sorting out so when i'm on UK Mix most of the time i just quickly browse threads and not find enough time to properly comment. :( There really aren't enough hours in the day!

Yes i'm totally loving Juice and Lizzo did remarkably well to power ahead of the competition last week.

Aww i'm delighted to see some more love for Heal me. It's kinda sad that i'd never heard the song anywhere until i saw the music video getting played on MTV. I agree the chorus is so powerful and really grabbed my attention. Like Lizzo, these songs deserve to be so much more successful than they currently are.

I've not heard Shangai's single. Just tried looking on YouTube and nothing came up in the search. Do you have a link?
    Absolutely! Juice deserves to be massive. I am already delighted to see she charted in the UK top 75, the first time she had a song charting, but I want soo much more for it and her in general. I know we have been going on about this for a while, but I am sure that if this was released while iTunes was still big, she would have easily been top 10!

They are not indeed! So busy with a lot of stuff at the moment as well....

I love Grace in general, such a beautiful singer and underrated a lot. Made me happy to see you charting her.

The video is not out yet, but here is the audio:

Woop at Lizzo still going strong. Loving that Dido track as well, one of the best ones of her new record. I have missed her, so good to see her back.
    Nice to see Superstar appearing as well. Took a bit of time to grow on me, but I like it very much now.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 14th, 2019, 20:39

Absolutely! Juice deserves to be massive. I am already delighted to see she charted in the UK top 75, the first time she had a song charting, but I want soo much more for it and her in general. I know we have been going on about this for a while, but I am sure that if this was released while iTunes was still big, she would have easily been top 10!

They are not indeed! So busy with a lot of stuff at the moment as well....

I love Grace in general, such a beautiful singer and underrated a lot. Made me happy to see you charting her.
    I'm not sure where Lizzo is in this weeks chart but it looks like it's gonna miss the top 40 again. :( Maybe it'd just a matter of time before the song really gets going. Would be a shame for this to end up being a minor hit as it deserves so much more.

Aww i'm glad you also love Grace. It's still disappointing that radio have failed to support this song, i think its such a wonderful song. <3 :(

The video is not out yet, but here is the audio
    Ohh thanks for the link. It's definitely a distinctive quirky track. There is also a music video teaser on Shingai's YouTube channel which looks stunning. I only really knew The Noisettes two hits from 2009 but i adored Never forget you so much.

Woop at Lizzo still going strong. Loving that Dido track as well, one of the best ones of her new record. I have missed her, so good to see her back.
    Nice to see Superstar appearing as well. Took a bit of time to grow on me, but I like it very much now.
    Juice is still going strong and is definitely set for another week high up my chart. Have you heard Dido's album yet? I checked out the previews on iTunes to get a feel for the album and i was really immersed with some of the album tracks so much that i checked out the full songs on YouTube and ultimately decided to complete the album (i had already bought Friends back in December). Surprisingly it's the first Dido album i've bought. Whilst i did enjoy some of her earlier singles especially White flag which i loved, i still never did buy either of Dido's massive albums back then.

Superstar is a lovely track. I'd say i like it about as much as i did Handmade heaven but for me they're still not quite in the same league as many of Marina And The Diamonds earlier singles.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 14th, 2019, 22:57

Great to see the new John Newman & Billie Eilish tracks enter

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 14:30

Great to see the new John Newman & Billie Eilish tracks enter
    Thanks steophonic

I'm a bit of John Newman fan even if his success isn't what it used to be. :( I'm still loving Feelings, gives me pure 90s dance vibes. <3

I like wish you were gay but in general it lacks the same immediate impact that i had when i first heard bury a friend although the latter had the music video which no doubt helped. <3

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 17th, 2019, 17:33

JakeP Top 20 (16th March 2019)

01 (01) Lizzo - Juice [6 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    02 (04) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [6 wks] [#2]
    03 (03) John Newman - Feelings [2 wks] [#3]
    04 (NE) Ava Max - So am i [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (NE) Dido - Have to stay [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (02) Grace Carter - Heal me [3 wks] [#2]
    07 (10) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    08 (08) Jonas Brothers - Sucker [2 wks] [#8]
    09 (15) Dido - Chances [3 wks] [#6]
    10 (NE) Dido - Take you home [1 wk] [#10]
    11 (05) Dido - Give you up [3 wks] [#5]
    12 (06) Freya Ridings - You mean the world to me [2 wks] [#6]
    13 (NE) Dido - Mad love [1 wk] [#13]
    14 (NE) Khalid - Talk [1 wk] [#14]
    15 (07) Ariana Grande - ghostin [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    16 (NE) Dido - Walking by [1 wk] [#16]
    17 (09) Ellie Goulding - Flux [2 wks] [#9]
    18 (NE) Shingai - Coming home [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (NE) Dido - Still on my mind [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (NE) Dido - Some kind of love [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Sofia Reyes featuring Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 22nd, 2019, 21:02

Great to see the new Ava Max song - I much prefer it to 'Sweet But Psycho'

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 22nd, 2019, 21:34

Great to see the new Ava Max song - I much prefer it to 'Sweet But Psycho'
    Thanks steophonic

I loved Sweet but psycho it was one of my favourite pure pop tracks of 2018. That said, i've been enjoying So am i since its release and it's looking set to hold up strongly in my next chart.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 22nd, 2019, 23:11

Omg I'm so happy to see Coming Home on another chart!!! I think that song is magical.

And I've fallen under the spell of Juice! What a fun #1.

Curious to see how Ava does in your next chart.
    It's time for Hot 100 Songs of 2018 Survivor!
    Of course, cheapthrills does Sia Survivor!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 22nd, 2019, 23:29

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Omg I'm so happy to see Coming Home on another chart!!! I think that song is magical.

And I've fallen under the spell of Juice! What a fun #1.

Curious to see how Ava does in your next chart.
    Thanks cheapthrills

I have @Fan to thank for bringing Shingai to my attention. The music video was also released last weekend so expect to see a climb tomorrow for Coming home.

LOL i love Juice and it finally cracked the UK top 40 today which in my parallel universe makes it an unofficial #1 single (just like Kylie's Dancing last year ).

Ava Max is looking set to hold up strongly but she won't be #1 that's pretty much a certainty. Tomorrow's chart is certainly going to have a major shake up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 08:36

I'm not sure where Lizzo is in this weeks chart but it looks like it's gonna miss the top 40 again. :( Maybe it'd just a matter of time before the song really gets going. Would be a shame for this to end up being a minor hit as it deserves so much more.

Aww i'm glad you also love Grace. It's still disappointing that radio have failed to support this song, i think its such a wonderful song. <3 :(

Ohh thanks for the link. It's definitely a distinctive quirky track. There is also a music video teaser on Shingai's YouTube channel which looks stunning. I only really knew The Noisettes two hits from 2009 but i adored Never forget you so much.

Juice is still going strong and is definitely set for another week high up my chart. Have you heard Dido's album yet? I checked out the previews on iTunes to get a feel for the album and i was really immersed with some of the album tracks so much that i checked out the full songs on YouTube and ultimately decided to complete the album (i had already bought Friends back in December). Surprisingly it's the first Dido album i've bought. Whilst i did enjoy some of her earlier singles especially White flag which i loved, i still never did buy either of Dido's massive albums back then.

Superstar is a lovely track. I'd say i like it about as much as i did Handmade heaven but for me they're still not quite in the same league as many of Marina And The Diamonds earlier singles.
    She reached top 40 this week!! I honestly do not care that much about charts anymore, but I was very glad to see her finally getting there. Jonathan Ross must have helped quite a bit then. Hopefully she will continue to climb even more.

It is! Such a shame how no one seems to support. I did like last years' Silence even more. That was such a stunning song <3

She finally released the music video last week, it fits the song super well and it's just stunning in general. I really want this song to get much bigger. BUT you already charted it this week!! Very glad to see that. Never Forget You is my favourite Noisettes song, but I do love Wild Young Hearts a lot as well.

I did listen to the whole Dido record in full, actually like you, I have never bought or heard one of Dido's album but did like most of her singles. I do like the new one, need to listen to it some more, but Chances is by far my favourite so far. SOO good.

Good to see Chances is doing so well in your chart as well this week.
    I srongly dislike the new Ava Max song though, for me it's one of the most basic songs I have heard in a while and it just annoys me
    Flux, on the other hand, has grown on me loads. It is funny but happens quite often with me and Ellie Goulding songs. They usually take a while to grow but I think it is a beautiful record now.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 12:12

She reached top 40 this week!! I honestly do not care that much about charts anymore, but I was very glad to see her finally getting there. Jonathan Ross must have helped quite a bit then. Hopefully she will continue to climb even more.
    I'm so delighted for Lizzo especially as i also checked out new single Tempo but it didn't have anywhere near as much impact on me. :(

It is! Such a shame how no one seems to support. I did like last years' Silence even more. That was such a stunning song <3
    I rarely listen to the radio apart from when i'm driving and even then i hardly ever hear a new song i've not heard before. Sadly that seems to be the state the music industry is in now, the only artists who get all the airplay are those that succeed on Spotify.

She finally released the music video last week, it fits the song super well and it's just stunning in general. I really want this song to get much bigger. BUT you already charted it this week!! Very glad to see that. Never Forget You is my favourite Noisettes song, but I do love Wild Young Hearts a lot as well.
    I noticed you'd posted the video in the rock forum thread although to me the song is more urban/pop than rock. I am enjoying the song though and yes, Shingai is heading for a new peak in my new chart. Ohhhh the anticipation!!!! I'd need to listen to Wild young hearts, i don't recognise the title but it might be a song i vaguely remember from the time.

I did listen to the whole Dido record in full, actually like you, I have never bought or heard one of Dido's album but did like most of her singles. I do like the new one, need to listen to it some more, but Chances is by far my favourite so far. SOO good.
    White flag has always been my absolute favourite Dido song but i've liked a number of her other singles too. I'm astonished at how fabulous Dido is looking, she really hasn't aged at all. Stunning! <3 Her vocals and distinct sound hasn't changed, it's almost like i've travelled back in time 15 years. That's no bad thing either.

Good to see Chances is doing so well in your chart as well this week.
    Yes i love Chances and the album helped give the track a boost back into my top 10. I decided to buy Still on my mind on the Tuesday evening so it collated all those plays in the last half of the week, but still enough to have a big enough impact on my chart.

I srongly dislike the new Ava Max song though, for me it's one of the most basic songs I have heard in a while and it just annoys me
    Aww Give me basic pure pop anytime over these ghastly urban/grime tracks that simply don't appeal to me whatsoever. I wanted to hear singing, melodies and amazing singalong choruses, not mumbling rap and heavy bass. That's not my idea of "music".

Flux, on the other hand, has grown on me loads. It is funny but happens quite often with me and Ellie Goulding songs. They usually take a while to grow but I think it is a beautiful record now.
    Ellie was unlucky last week to come up against the midweek domination of Dido's album which was getting more of my attention up until last weekend. Going into this week, i've admittedly not been as eager to listen to Dido's album en masse (i always do this whenever i buy a new album, it takes up most of my listening time initially ) so Flux should be able to stabilise nicely and get a third week inside my chart. Have to admit, i'm surprised to see Ellie struggling so much so far with her recent two singles. Even Close to me has become a decent sized hit in America and europe. Sums up everything that's wrong with the UK charts and i agree with your comment. The UK charts don't really reflect anything other than what teenagers are streaming. The songs that should be charting higher are now the songs that scrape into the top 40 like Juice. *sigh*

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 22:38

JakeP Top 20 (23rd March 2019)

01 (NE) Will Young - All the songs [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Sofia Reyes featuring Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P. [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Lizzo - Juice [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    04 (NE) Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (04) Ava Max - So am i [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (08) Jonas Brothers - Sucker [3 wks] [#6]
    07 (05) Dido - Have to stay [2 wks] [#5]
    08 (09) Dido - Chances [4 wks] [#6]
    09 (03) John Newman - Feelings [3 wks] [#3]
    10 (02) Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved [7 wks] [#2]
    11 (14) Khalid - Talk [2 wks] [#11]
    12 (06) Grace Carter - Heal me [4 wks] [#2]
    13 (18) Shingai - Coming home [2 wks] [#13]
    14 (10) Dido - Take you home [2 wks] [#10]
    15 (11) Dido - Give you up [4 wks] [#5]
    16 (07) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    17 (13) Dido - Mad love [2 wks] [#13]
    18 (17) Ellie Goulding - Flux [3 wks] [#9]
    19 (NE) Emeli Sandé - Sparrow [1 wk] [#19]
    20 (12) Freya Ridings - You mean the world to me [3 wks] [#6]

The Hit Seeker

George Ezra - Pretty shining people

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 27th, 2019, 00:08

Hey Jake - how are you?

It's been a while, so let's see what's happening on your latest chart.

02 (NE) Sofia Reyes featuring Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P. [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Lizzo - Juice [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    04 (NE) Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (04) Ava Max - So am i [2 wks] [#4]
    06 (08) Jonas Brothers - Sucker [3 wks] [#6]
    07 (05) Dido - Have to stay [2 wks] [#5]
    08 (09) Dido - Chances [4 wks] [#6]
    09 (03) John Newman - Feelings [3 wks] [#3]
    14 (10) Dido - Take you home [2 wks] [#10]
    15 (11) Dido - Give you up [4 wks] [#5]
    16 (07) Niall Horan featuring The RTÉ Concert Orchestra - So long [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    17 (13) Dido - Mad love [2 wks] [#13]
    18 (17) Ellie Goulding - Flux [3 wks] [#9]
    19 (NE) Emeli Sandé - Sparrow [1 wk] [#19]
    Ah, still remember Will Young having scored a few hits on your chart in the past. He's an artist I somehow never really cared for, not because I never liked what I heard by him though. Checked this out a few minutes ago and I like it! The video is... interesting! On one side I loooove how videos like this became more popular (see Troye Sivan, Years & Years, Sam/Calvin) but on another side it's even a bit too much for me

Just checked out your #2 as well. Gosh, I feel like I'm so behind with new releases lately! "R.I.P." sounds so fun! Guess I'll add both of these songs to my library as well...

Lizzo is cool! She's slaying here! I heard this once a while ago but it didn't really click with me even though I love her as a person.

Dido is having quite a big impact on your charts with her new album. Was she always that popular with you or is it just this album?

LOVE that appearance for Ellie's "Flux". It's slowly becoming one of my favorite songs ever by her, such an underrated gem
    Also really liking so many more entries in your Top20!

I guess even though you checked out Kerli's "Savages", "Better" & "Legends" and all of them made your Top20, you didn't check out more from the album, right? Because she released it last month and I think you may like "Where The Dark Things Are" #shamelesspromo It would fit to Billie Eilish though and I know you've been enjoying her a lot lately.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 30th, 2019, 13:25

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Hey Jake - how are you?

It's been a while, so let's see what's happening on your latest chart.
    Hi Tansike

Aww no worries. I've been generally busy so even though i find time to on UK Mix, it tends to be just checking out new threads and not really finding enough time to actually settle down and post. The other night was probably the first time all week i could actually post comments.

Ah, still remember Will Young having scored a few hits on your chart in the past. He's an artist I somehow never really cared for, not because I never liked what I heard by him though. Checked this out a few minutes ago and I like it! The video is... interesting! On one side I loooove how videos like this became more popular (see Troye Sivan, Years & Years, Sam/Calvin) but on another side it's even a bit too much for me
    Yes i've been a big Will Young fan since the beginning. 15 years on and he's still releasing pop dynamite with tracks like All the songs which i loved immediately on first listen. Definitely his best single since Jealousy. <3 LOL the video is very homoerotic but i'm always here for a bit of homoeroticism. Aww i'd be happy if more artists did videos like this that totally embrace the LGBTQ community.

Just checked out your #2 as well. Gosh, I feel like I'm so behind with new releases lately! "R.I.P." sounds so fun! Guess I'll add both of these songs to my library as well...
    Well up until Friday, R.I.P. was pretty much set to debut at #1 in my chart. Will Young just happened to come along and steal everyones thunder so effortlessly. I still love the quirky playfulness of R.I.P. though.

Lizzo is cool! She's slaying here! I heard this once a while ago but it didn't really click with me even though I love her as a person.
    Tbh i didn't really know much about Lizzo but i became aware of Juice and it slowly became such an earworm that i found myself going back for more listens. Hence the song climbing its way to #1 for three weeks and is comfortably my favourite track of the year...so far! I'm admittedly not keen on her new single Tempo with Missy Elliott. I suppose i'm always going to be swayed more towards pure pop over urban music.

Dido is having quite a big impact on your charts with her new album. Was she always that popular with you or is it just this album?
    I know Dido was incredibly popular in the early 00s although i never bought either her two big albums, but i really loved her singles especially White flag which remains my absolute favourite song by Dido. I was curious though when i read about Dido releasing new music. I liked the first few songs so i decided to check out the previews on iTunes and really enjoyed the sound of the tracks so ended up buying Still on my mind.

LOVE that appearance for Ellie's "Flux". It's slowly becoming one of my favorite songs ever by her, such an underrated gem
    I really like Flux too. It does look like its been underperforming but Ellie has been up against the after effects of Dido's album. The fact its remained inside my top 20 is testament to how much i like the song.

Also really liking so many more entries in your Top20!

I guess even though you checked out Kerli's "Savages", "Better" & "Legends" and all of them made your Top20, you didn't check out more from the album, right? Because she released it last month and I think you may like "Where The Dark Things Are" #shamelesspromo It would fit to Billie Eilish though and I know you've been enjoying her a lot lately.
    No i haven't actually. But since you've linked one of Kerli's album tracks, that suggests the whole album is on YouTube too. I'll give Where the dark things are a listen shortly and see what i think.

Ahh yes, Billie Eilish looks like she's about to enter her imperial phase. Her album looks like it's going to be one of the biggest most anticipated new releases of 2019.

Legend
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 30th, 2019, 14:24

Nice #1, love the song and the music video, so playful. "All The Songs" only peaked at #9 in my daily chart, but still it's a great return for him.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 30th, 2019, 19:08

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post

Nice #1, love the song and the music video, so playful. "All The Songs" only peaked at #9 in my daily chart, but still it's a great return for him.
    Thanks heppolo

So happy to see more love for All the songs. That's quite the achievement for Will Young making your top 10 so even a #9 peak is still incredible. <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 30th, 2019, 20:07

I'm so delighted for Lizzo especially as i also checked out new single Tempo but it didn't have anywhere near as much impact on me. :(

I rarely listen to the radio apart from when i'm driving and even then i hardly ever hear a new song i've not heard before. Sadly that seems to be the state the music industry is in now, the only artists who get all the airplay are those that succeed on Spotify.

I noticed you'd posted the video in the rock forum thread although to me the song is more urban/pop than rock. I am enjoying the song though and yes, Shingai is heading for a new peak in my new chart. Ohhhh the anticipation!!!! I'd need to listen to Wild young hearts, i don't recognise the title but it might be a song i vaguely remember from the time.

White flag has always been my absolute favourite Dido song but i've liked a number of her other singles too. I'm astonished at how fabulous Dido is looking, she really hasn't aged at all. Stunning! <3 Her vocals and distinct sound hasn't changed, it's almost like i've travelled back in time 15 years. That's no bad thing either.

Yes i love Chances and the album helped give the track a boost back into my top 10. I decided to buy Still on my mind on the Tuesday evening so it collated all those plays in the last half of the week, but still enough to have a big enough impact on my chart.

Aww Give me basic pure pop anytime over these ghastly urban/grime tracks that simply don't appeal to me whatsoever. I wanted to hear singing, melodies and amazing singalong choruses, not mumbling rap and heavy bass. That's not my idea of "music".

Ellie was unlucky last week to come up against the midweek domination of Dido's album which was getting more of my attention up until last weekend. Going into this week, i've admittedly not been as eager to listen to Dido's album en masse (i always do this whenever i buy a new album, it takes up most of my listening time initially ) so Flux should be able to stabilise nicely and get a third week inside my chart. Have to admit, i'm surprised to see Ellie struggling so much so far with her recent two singles. Even Close to me has become a decent sized hit in America and europe. Sums up everything that's wrong with the UK charts and i agree with your comment. The UK charts don't really reflect anything other than what teenagers are streaming. The songs that should be charting higher are now the songs that scrape into the top 40 like Juice. *sigh*
    I do enjoy Tempo as well, but Juice is still the jam. I got tickets the other week to see her live in a few months. Very excited for that!!

I would describe her music as mostly alternative, just like the Noisettes were, so I thought that topic would be the most fitting. But I was struggling to decide on that, the song for me is neither pop, r&b or rock. It is quite unique. Good to see her climbing here. Seems like she won't be doing any business in the real charts yet.
    Wild Young Hearts was also the name of their most famous album, so maybe that is why it does sound familiar!

White Flag is a stunner. Here With Me has always been my favourite though, that song gives me goosebumps and such a special feeling. Could be one of my all-time favourite songs maybe.
    I know right! Seems like not a lot has changed since her big days. The record has been received quite well as well.

I would have expected Close To Me to do very well chart wise. I don't like it at all, but I expected it to smash. Flux is more the old-school Ellie. Could be a grower for the general public though?

WILL!!
    So good to see him on top. I adore the single cover already, such a nice and fresh photograph. Love the song and the video is fabulous. I really like how the went with the video, doing his thing and being a very good role model.

I am hoping to see Louise enter your chart with Stretch somewhere in the upcoming weeks!