User Tag List

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 2,501 to 2,522 of 2522

Thread: JakeP Top 20

  1. #2501
    heppolo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 May 2009
    Location
    interchangeable
    Posts
    25,497
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun April 28th, 2019, 07:35

    15 (NE) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [1 wk] [#15] - not bad, the chorus-verse transition sounds like some 00s EDM
    Waffles are checked cookies

  2. #2502
    steophonic's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Mar 2004
    Posts
    22,053
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue April 30th, 2019, 22:04

    Great chart!

    I have been loving Madonna & Taylor in the last week.

    Also Will Young, Avicii, Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, Jax Jones, SZA, Lizzo and John Newman all great.

  3. #2503
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 20:10

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    "Medellín" still hasn't really clicked with me, and I suspect it won't. "Me!" is earnest, but below T-Swizzle's standards. It's grown on me over the last 24 hours, though.
    Thanks Akini

    I've actually found myself enjoying Medellín more over the last two weeks. The live performance at the Billboard music awards 2019 really elevated the song so much for me, and i was already loving the song more following the release of the music video. I even wasted 30 minutes of my life watching Madonna being interviewed on MTV with the premier. It was nice to get people around the world involved but those time delays really made the whole show quite cringe as a result. But the music video itself was a real spectacle. I genuinely think Medellín is definitely a grower than doesn't click instantly but somehow gets better over time, like a fine wine!

    Aww i was so surprised at the harsh backlash Taylor suffered following the release of ME!. Personally, i think it's a really carefree uplifting type of song. Sure the message isn't exactly original but i still really enjoyed the song unlike what appears to be 90% of UK Mix.

  4. #2504
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 20:13

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    15 (NE) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [1 wk] [#15] - not bad, the chorus-verse transition sounds like some 00s EDM
    Thanks heppolo

    It is very euphoric and reminiscent of the 00s dance hits i remember to some extent or another. I've been meaning to check it out for a couple of weeks as i noticed this was already doing relatively well in Tansike's chart. Whether it can be as successful as Best friend though is left to be seen. I'm about to compile my new chart for this week so who knows.

  5. #2505
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 20:15

    Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    Great chart!

    I have been loving Madonna & Taylor in the last week.

    Also Will Young, Avicii, Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, Jax Jones, SZA, Lizzo and John Newman all great.
    Thanks steophonic

    Ohh excellent to see some more love and appreciation for both Madonna and Taylor.

    Great to see your other favourites listed. Speaking of Will Young, i'm still enjoying All the songs so its endurance has been incredible so far. <3

  6. #2506
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 22:01

    JakeP Top 20 (4th May 2019)



    01 (NE) Madonna - I rise [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (01) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    03 (02) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [2 wks] [#2]
    04 (03) Will Young - All the songs [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    05 (NE) Kylie Minogue - New York city [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (05) Billie Eilish - bad guy [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    07 (06) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [4 wks] [#3]
    08 (04) Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc - SOS [3 wks] [#2]
    09 (16) Mark Ronson featuring Lykke Li - Late night feelings [3 wks] [#9]
    10 (07) Beyoncé - Before i let go [2 wks] [#7]
    11 (NE) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [1 wk] [#11]
    12 (08) Jax Jones & Martin Solveig present Europa featuring Madison Beer - All day and night [4 wks] [#4]
    13 (NE) Daddy Yankee featuring Snow - Con calma [1 wk] [#13]
    14 (15) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [2 wks] [#14]
    15 (NE) Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Black star dancing [1 wk] [#15]
    16 (NE) Bastille - Doom days [1 wk] [#16]
    17 (14) Zara Larsson - Don’t worry bout me [5 wks] [#6]
    18 (11) Sofia Reyes featuring Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P. [7 wks] [#2]
    19 (13) Lizzo - Juice [13 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    20 (12) Meduza featuring GOODBOYS - Piece of your heart [4 wks] [#5]

    The Hit Seeker

    Shawn Mendes - If i can’t have you

  7. #2507
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,826
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun May 5th, 2019, 03:34

    Madonna and Kylie are the crème de la crème of pop music, but both "I Rise" and "New York City" are astonishingly bleh. It's rare that my favourite song in your top 5 is from a male, but yay for "All the Songs" still being so high.

    01 (NE) Madonna - I rise [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (01) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [3 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    03 (02) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [2 wks] [#2]
    04 (03) Will Young - All the songs [7 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    05 (NE) Kylie Minogue - New York city [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (05) Billie Eilish - bad guy [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    07 (06) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [4 wks] [#3]
    10 (07) Beyoncé - Before i let go [2 wks] [#7]
    11 (NE) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [1 wk] [#11]
    19 (13) Lizzo - Juice [13 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    20 (12) Meduza featuring GOODBOYS - Piece of your heart [4 wks] [#5]

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Thanks Akini

    I've actually found myself enjoying Medellín more over the last two weeks. The live performance at the Billboard music awards 2019 really elevated the song so much for me, and i was already loving the song more following the release of the music video. I even wasted 30 minutes of my life watching Madonna being interviewed on MTV with the premier. It was nice to get people around the world involved but those time delays really made the whole show quite cringe as a result. But the music video itself was a real spectacle. I genuinely think Medellín is definitely a grower than doesn't click instantly but somehow gets better over time, like a fine wine!

    Aww i was so surprised at the harsh backlash Taylor suffered following the release of ME!. Personally, i think it's a really carefree uplifting type of song. Sure the message isn't exactly original but i still really enjoyed the song unlike what appears to be 90% of UK Mix.
    I've actually seen only super short snippets of Madge's BBMA performance. I should probably check it out in its entirety.

    The thing about carefree pop music is that it can still be good. I'm sure the album will be good, though. I'm not sure Taylor is even capable of recording a weak LP.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  8. #2508
    heppolo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 May 2009
    Location
    interchangeable
    Posts
    25,497
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun May 5th, 2019, 08:01

    05 (NE) Kylie Minogue - New York city [1 wk] [#5] - slightly undewhelming, I expect this kind of songs from Dannii, it has that slightly whacky "not so serious" disco quality
    Waffles are checked cookies

  9. #2509
    Tansike's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Jan 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    47,707
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed May 8th, 2019, 17:17

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Will is such a unique and distinctive artist. From his singles i'd select Leave right now and Jealousy although i suspect you're already familiar with these? I loved his album track Like a river from his last album 85% proof.
    I'm familiar with "Jealousy", but not with the other. Did "Like A River" make it onto your charts? Because that one seems familiar as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    I did indeed and #19 is a great position. I'm delighted that the album brought the song to your attention more and helped the track enter your chart. It's still a firm favourite of mine although starting to get overlooked in favour of newer singles that are getting released.
    Will you check out Lizzo's album since "Juice" has been such a hit for you?
    Good news... the song keeps appearing in my head a lot lately, so maybe it will rise again on my charts...

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Our local supermarket sells albums on cd but its a rather limited aisle dedicated to mostly the top 20 artist albums and compilation albums. But album sales are diminishing on a weekly basis i dread to think how many albums will be sold per week in another couple of years from now. We might even get to the point where you can't even buy cd's from supermarkets anymore.
    Aw... so true. But hey, there's still hope left since Vinyl sales are rising a lot again lately, so CDs may have a revival in a few years. But it's so, so sad to know that today's kids can't go to the supermarket to buy their favorite artists. I mean, that was somehow the coolest thing ever to go out, search for your favorite artist, buy the album, going back home, getting the CD out, listening to it and reading through the booklet during the first spin...

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    These days it's only the big artists who seem to have the budget to release a music video alongside the single. In most cases these days, the single is released with the video coming several weeks later. It still baffles me that some of these artists still never get any airplay on the music channels. Without airplay, how can any song become successful? As for Kerli, she has been doing reasonably well with Giving up the ghost although she's set to have quite a sharp exit in my new chart.
    So true! In Kerli's case I'm still impressed how great her visuals are considering she barely makes money with her music, at least compared to the bigger artists. It's always nice to see 'small' artists also releasing fantastic visuals without a big budget; that's also why I'm always disappointed if a big artist releases a bad made video or visuals overall. Well, sad to hear about that sharp drop, but hey, she did fantastic and had several entries on your charts, that's quite huge considering you probably would have never heard of her if I wouldn't have pushed her here

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    I'd presume that Billie Eilish will eventually release another music video and push another of the album tracks as a single. I agree with you though, all the good girls go to hell just seems like the obvious choice, but then when it comes to "obvious" singles off albums this is where the record companies seem to be blinkered the most and end up releasing a different song and i'm like !!! lol
    Haha... yeah, but I feel like Billie is so smart that she has more power when it comes to these decisions than other new artists. It also seems like she understands the industry better than many other newcomers, so I'm sure they will pick the right song for the next single.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    There are far too many rappers who insist on singing on their own tracks and it sounds hideous. A great example being Lil Dicky on his charity single Earth. For me, it's Lil Dicky's tragic attempt at singing that ruins the song for me. Shame though because i love Ariana'd ad-libs in the final chorus.

    Ahh i understand now. I think Billy Ray Cyrus was incredibly clever to get involved in the US billboard argument that Old town road isn't a country song. He probably thought by adding a new verse onto the track, the billboard compilers would reconsider and allow Lil Nas X back onto the country music chart. Instead, they've inadvertently made the song a worldwide success.
    To be honest, I didn't even bother to check out that "Earth" song. Or would you say it's worth to check out for the other involved artists?

    Yep, that was a clever move and who would have expected to see Billy Ray Cyrus being featured on a worldwide #1 hit in 2019?

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Ellie Goulding has taken inspiration from your chart. Sixteen has already exited the top 20 after one week for me too.
    Well, that's completely fine for me

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Late night feelings is a slow burner. I'm still enjoying the song and despite a couple of songs entering higher last week, Mark Ronson is looking set for another week in my top 20. I still need to check out MARINA's album.
    That's good to know!
    Ah, hope you'll have time for that soon as it's a really good one. Have you been a fan of Marina in the past or are you just a 'casual listener' in her case?

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Eurovision songs will most likely dominate my chart the week after the contest. I'm currently at the stage where i've got my personal favourite entries based on studio cuts and music videos. Now i'm awaiting to see the staging and how they're performed live. That could have a big difference on my opinions for each entry.
    Great, can't wait to see what your faves are and how they will do! But yes, sometimes there's a huge favorite based on studio cuts and then we're seeing it live and it becomes one of the least favorites... I just hope this won't happen with Malta this year, but I'm afraid it will happen to the Swiss entry...

    ...I'll catch up on the two charts I've missed tomorrow as I'm running out of time today

  10. #2510
    Tansike's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Jan 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    47,707
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri May 10th, 2019, 08:31

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    JakeP Top 20 (27th April 2019)

    02 (NE) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [1 wk] [#2]
    07 (NE) Beyoncé - Before i let go [1 wk] [#7]
    09 (NE) Florence + The Machine - Jenny of oldstones [1 wk] [#9]
    10 (NE) SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott - Power is power [1 wk] [#10]
    15 (NE) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [1 wk] [#15]
    18 (NE) Kygo & Rita Ora - Carry on [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (NE) P!nk featuring Khalid - Hurts 2b human [1 wk] [#19]
    A bunch of great new entries on that chart. Didn’t see such a high debut for Taylor coming though, as I’m very disappointed in “ME!”. It’s just one of so many basic pop songs out there and she could have done so much better, especially with Brendon Urie (who is such a cutie btw!)

    I’m not a GoT fan but “Jenny Of Oldstones” sounded beautiful on first listen. I should add it to my library as well… “Power Is Power” is another great GoT-associated song.

    LOVE that debut for Sofi Tukker’s “Fantasy”! Read your reply to heppolo’s comment… so this means you’ve checked it out as it was doing well on my charts? That would make this entry even better This has been a real grower for me as I only liked at first but fell in love with it after a few weeks, now it’s actually my favorite song by them.

    Also great debuts for “Carry On” and “Hurts 2B Human”. Especially the former

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    JakeP Top 20 (4th May 2019)

    01 (NE) Madonna - I rise [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    05 (NE) Kylie Minogue - New York city [1 wk] [#5]
    09 (16) Mark Ronson featuring Lykke Li - Late night feelings [3 wks] [#9]
    13 (NE) Daddy Yankee featuring Snow - Con calma [1 wk] [#13]
    14 (15) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [2 wks] [#14]
    16 (NE) Bastille - Doom days [1 wk] [#16]
    Looks like you’re really feeling Madonna’s new era so far
    “I Rise” sounded nice on first listen but I never returned to it so far, because “Medellin” already didn’t have the best impact on me so I’m probably just waiting for the whole album now with the hope that everything will sound amazing as a whole.

    “New York City” is nice and the whole Greatest Hits looks like it will be so well done. Hopefully another hit for Kylie!

    Loving that jump for “Late Night Feelings” <3

    Also nice debuts for Daddy Yankee & Co. and Bastille. I’m slightly surprised you didn’t mention Katy Perry on “Con calma” so I’m wondering if you’re charting just the original version or if its for the remix with Katy?

  11. #2511
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 19:30

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Madonna and Kylie are the crème de la crème of pop music, but both "I Rise" and "New York City" are astonishingly bleh. It's rare that my favourite song in your top 5 is from a male, but yay for "All the Songs" still being so high.
    Thanks Akini

    You're definitely right, there's a reason why Madonna and Kylie are the ultimate queens of pop. I probably did have my stan glasses on last weekend as i was anticipating new music from Kylie. Admittedly New York city wasn't quite what i was hoping for although the track has a heavenly pre-chorus and the chorus itself is so infectious. I found the female pop star rapping a bit cringe though. I want my pop girls to sing it, not rap it - they're not rappers for a reason!

    Well, Will Young remains as fabulous as always and the success for All the songs has definitely been worth it. I read that the second single is titled My love and is apparently going to be another emotional banger. <3 I don't want to get too excited in case it's another track that misses the mark but fingers crossed Will delivers another gem.

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    I've actually seen only super short snippets of Madge's BBMA performance. I should probably check it out in its entirety.
    Did you get chance to watch Madonna's performance? It was a very fun and uplifting kind of performance and it seemingly made people appreciate the song more. For someone who is 60 years old, Madonna is still keeping herself incredibly fit. It's weird but kinda admirable that Madonna is willing to retain as much youth as possible. I always say age is only a number.

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    The thing about carefree pop music is that it can still be good. I'm sure the album will be good, though. I'm not sure Taylor is even capable of recording a weak LP.
    It seems people are already over ME! after just 2 weeks. I still enjoy the carefree nature of the song and the video remains incredibly eye catching.

  12. #2512
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 19:34

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    05 (NE) Kylie Minogue - New York city [1 wk] [#5] - slightly undewhelming, I expect this kind of songs from Dannii, it has that slightly whacky "not so serious" disco quality
    Thanks heppolo

    I got caught up in the hype and excitement last weekend. LOL yes i understand where you're coming from. Poor Dannii. I'm actually already starting to tire of New York city so it's not had anywhere near as much impact on me compared to the singles from Golden last year.

  13. #2513
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 20:10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    I'm familiar with "Jealousy", but not with the other. Did "Like A River" make it onto your charts? Because that one seems familiar as well...
    Thanks Tansike

    Ohh wow Leave right now is probably Will's signature tune. Maybe you might recognise it although i don't really know how successful Will was across europe in the early 00s. Yes Live a river spent a fortnight at #1 in my chart in 2015. <3 But All the songs has surpassed that song already for me and is on its way to becoming one of my all time favourite Will Young singles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Will you check out Lizzo's album since "Juice" has been such a hit for you?
    Good news... the song keeps appearing in my head a lot lately, so maybe it will rise again on my charts...
    I went on iTunes and had a listen to the previews but to be honest, what i loved so much about Juice was that it was so uplifting, fun and fresh. Whereas most of Lizzo's album is serious sounding urban/rap music which is a genre i rarely listen to unless there's something unique or distinctive enough to grab my attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Aw... so true. But hey, there's still hope left since Vinyl sales are rising a lot again lately, so CDs may have a revival in a few years. But it's so, so sad to know that today's kids can't go to the supermarket to buy their favorite artists. I mean, that was somehow the coolest thing ever to go out, search for your favorite artist, buy the album, going back home, getting the CD out, listening to it and reading through the booklet during the first spin...
    Teenagers today have got it so easy. Like really really easy to the point there's no effort involved. I think the idea of going to a music store to buy a cd is like an alien concept to most young teens today. They've got so used to Spotify and the fact the music is right there at their fingertips. I totally agree with you, there was always a sense of excitement buying a new album. A cd revival would be so amazing if it were to happen. <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    So true! In Kerli's case I'm still impressed how great her visuals are considering she barely makes money with her music, at least compared to the bigger artists. It's always nice to see 'small' artists also releasing fantastic visuals without a big budget; that's also why I'm always disappointed if a big artist releases a bad made video or visuals overall. Well, sad to hear about that sharp drop, but hey, she did fantastic and had several entries on your charts, that's quite huge considering you probably would have never heard of her if I wouldn't have pushed her here
    The beauty with Kerli is that she is a visual artist. It's so evident that all the aesthetics all stem from Kerli rather than being something the music director has conjured up in 5 minutes. So whilst the budget might not be spectacular, it's extraordinary how Kerli still has the ability to make a music video look so grand and rich.

    All we need now is a music video for Giving up the ghost and i'm sure Kerli would re-enter my chart again. LOL you're probably right actually. I did discover Kerli's track with SNBRN Raindrops without even realising at the time how much of a Kerli fan you were. I think that helped kickstart a whole new level of appreciation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Haha... yeah, but I feel like Billie is so smart that she has more power when it comes to these decisions than other new artists. It also seems like she understands the industry better than many other newcomers, so I'm sure they will pick the right song for the next single.
    Yes i agree that Billie is incredibly savvy and tapped right into the whole social media. I do wonder whether can lead to extremes and a sense of paranoia if it suddenly all started to go negative, and how badly it might affect Billie. She's too young to be having to deal with that kind of mental anxiety and yet there are millions of young people around the world dealing with mental issues all the time, and they're not even famous. But going back to the original point, i suspect Billie has a lot of input into her music/videos/choices made so really i think Billie Eilish will only grow in popularity. Just imagine how successful her next album could potentially be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    To be honest, I didn't even bother to check out that "Earth" song. Or would you say it's worth to check out for the other involved artists?
    LOL you didn't miss much. I saw a teaser for the song with Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande and thought it was really funny...but that was like 20 seconds of the song. I'm not a big fan of Lil Dicky's singing though. Rappers who try to sing, singers who try to rap. Just...no!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Yep, that was a clever move and who would have expected to see Billy Ray Cyrus being featured on a worldwide #1 hit in 2019?
    It was such a smart move and evidently a very profitable one. Now Old town road has even kept Taylor Swift off #1 in America although i did suspect that was gonna happen all along.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Ah, hope you'll have time for that soon as it's a really good one. Have you been a fan of Marina in the past or are you just a 'casual listener' in her case?
    I never bought any Marina And The Diamonds albums but i loved some of her earlier singles like Hollywood and Primadonna but yet that top 10 hit in the UK continues to allude her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Great, can't wait to see what your faves are and how they will do! But yes, sometimes there's a huge favorite based on studio cuts and then we're seeing it live and it becomes one of the least favorites... I just hope this won't happen with Malta this year, but I'm afraid it will happen to the Swiss entry...
    A week today!!!!!! As much as i already have my personal favourite songs, the live performances always have a big impact where a song i'd disregarded earlier suddenly becomes a big favourite. A bit like The Common Linnets in 2014 i hadn't really paid much attention to Calm before the storm prior to the final but their song and performance really impressed me.

  14. #2514
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 20:32

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    A bunch of great new entries on that chart. Didn’t see such a high debut for Taylor coming though, as I’m very disappointed in “ME!”. It’s just one of so many basic pop songs out there and she could have done so much better, especially with Brendon Urie (who is such a cutie btw!)

    I’m not a GoT fan but “Jenny Of Oldstones” sounded beautiful on first listen. I should add it to my library as well… “Power Is Power” is another great GoT-associated song.

    LOVE that debut for Sofi Tukker’s “Fantasy”! Read your reply to heppolo’s comment… so this means you’ve checked it out as it was doing well on my charts? That would make this entry even better This has been a real grower for me as I only liked at first but fell in love with it after a few weeks, now it’s actually my favorite song by them.

    Also great debuts for “Carry On” and “Hurts 2B Human”. Especially the former
    Taylor Swift had the music video to really boost the fortunes of ME! although it still fell short of the success of Look what you made me do after its first week by comparison. So many people have panned the song for being regressive but sometimes i'm more than satisfied with a carefree pop song that doesn't require too much attention to detail. I'd still rather listen to ME! over all those tragic UK grime tracks that make the top 40 each week. It's funny i never really considered Brendon as being sexy but he sure is charismatic.

    Ahh yes i remember asking you about Game of thrones as i was curious as to whether it really was just me who has never watched it. I was curious to listen to the songs purely because i'm a big fan of both Florence + The Machine and The Weeknd.

    Fantasy had been on my radar for a couple of weeks thanks to your chart and i had been meaning to check it out. I wasn't really eager to listen because after loving Best friend last year, i was kinda underwhelmed with some of the follow up singles but Fantasy is a great track. I think right now Best friend is still comfortably my favourite Sofi Tukker track but it's still early days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    Looks like you’re really feeling Madonna’s new era so far
    “I Rise” sounded nice on first listen but I never returned to it so far, because “Medellin” already didn’t have the best impact on me so I’m probably just waiting for the whole album now with the hope that everything will sound amazing as a whole.

    “New York City” is nice and the whole Greatest Hits looks like it will be so well done. Hopefully another hit for Kylie!

    Loving that jump for “Late Night Feelings” <3

    Also nice debuts for Daddy Yankee & Co. and Bastille. I’m slightly surprised you didn’t mention Katy Perry on “Con calma” so I’m wondering if you’re charting just the original version or if its for the remix with Katy?
    Surprisingly so considering when i first listened to Medellín i wasn't blown away. Yet it had definitely been one of those big growers even after topping my chart it continued to grow even more on me, added with the release of the music video plus Madonna and Maluma's performance at the Billboard music awards 2019 really invigorated my love for the track.

    I rise is different to Medellín but still a track i enjoyed very much so on first listen. In fact, i'd say I rise clicked more with me by comparison.

    Quite surprisingly i'm already over New York city and it's only been out for a week. I wasn't struck on Kylie's rapping (referring back to my rappers singing/singers rapping comment) but that aside, there are some enjoyable moments in the song.

    Late night feelings is still continuing to build up momentum. It's not as instant as Nothing breaks like a heart but i'm still loving the cool laid back vibes in the song. It's very much the perfect song when i'm chilling.

    Ohh i'm actually charting the original Con calma. A bit like Fantasy, it's been on my radar for a while and last week it just happened to find enough momentum to break into my top 20. I did check out the Katy Perry version but i prefer the Daddy Yankee version, it just seems more fun.

  15. #2515
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 22:21

    JakeP Top 20 (11th May 2019)



    01 (NE) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    02 (NE) Madonna featuring Swae Lee - Crave [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (01) Madonna - I rise [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    04 (02) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [4 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    05 (NE) Shawn Mendes - If i can’t have you [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (06) Billie Eilish - bad guy [7 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    07 (03) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [3 wks] [#2]
    08 (09) Mark Ronson featuring Lykke Li - Late night feelings [4 wks] [#8]
    09 (12) Jax Jones & Martin Solveig present Europa featuring Madison Beer - All day and night [5 wks] [#4]
    10 (04) Will Young - All the songs [8 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    11 (07) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [5 wks] [#3]
    12 (RE) Dido - Take you home [5 wks] [#6]
    13 (10) Beyoncé - Before i let go [3 wks] [#7]
    14 (05) Kylie Minogue - New York city [2 wks] [#5]
    15 (14) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [3 wks] [#14]
    16 (08) Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc - SOS [4 wks] [#2]
    17 (NE) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [1 wk] [#17]
    18 (11) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [2 wks] [#11]
    19 (19) Lizzo - Juice [14 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    20 (RE) SZA, The Weeknd & Travis Scott - Power is power [2 wks] [#10]

    The Hit Seeker

    Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love

  16. #2516
    cheapthrills's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 2016
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    8,461
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed May 15th, 2019, 16:11

    Wow, look at Juice still hanging in there at the bottom! What a run! You rarely have any songs get as far as 14 weeks, right?

    Love the tripling up of Madge in your top five. Too bad Rat City has to muck it up by being ahead of her.

    Checked out the Sofi Tukker and I have no idea why you are paying it dust with a crappy #14 peak

  17. #2517
    steophonic's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Mar 2004
    Posts
    22,053
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed May 15th, 2019, 21:11

    I quite like this new Madonna material.

  18. #2518
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 18th, 2019, 11:06

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Wow, look at Juice still hanging in there at the bottom! What a run! You rarely have any songs get as far as 14 weeks, right?

    Love the tripling up of Madge in your top five. Too bad Rat City has to muck it up by being ahead of her.

    Checked out the Sofi Tukker and I have no idea why you are paying it dust with a crappy #14 peak
    Thanks cheapthrills

    Juice is still one of my favourite tracks of the year and Lizzo is still very much ahead of the pack when it comes to how my year end chart is looking at present.

    Actually there have been quite a number of songs that have spent upwards of 15+ weeks in my chart. The longest run is 22 weeks shared between Adele's Hello which isn't surprising as it also holds the record for longest run at #1 (7 weeks). The other, however, is Hozier's Take me to church. It spent just 1 week at #1 long before it became a global hit, but as such its success in late 2014 provided the song with a second wind of success. It then enjoyed a further boost in early 2015 thanks to its UK success.

    Aww not Rat City shade. I've been loving Kind of love so much over the last week or so. I discovered the track two weeks ago and thought i'd take advantage of entering the song into this months FSC as Norway hadn't been taken.

    But like you say, it's a great achievement for Madonna to occupy #2, #3 and #4 although Adele and Kylie have previously held the whole top 5 to themselves (i know, so greedy! ).

    Sofi Tukker were really unlucky last week as i know i listened to the track more last week than the previous week - it just got overshadowed by the new entries from Rat City, Madonna and Shawn Mendes plus the music video for Dido's Take me home was released which gave that song a boost back into the chart. Otherwise Soki Tukker could've been knocking on top 10's door.

  19. #2519
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 18th, 2019, 11:09

    Quote Originally Posted by steophonic View Post
    I quite like this new Madonna material.
    Thanks steophonic

    Yes, i'm really impressed so far. It really feels like they're ensuring the hype for Madame X is sustained unlike Rebel heart when they just rush-released half the album and some of those songs just failed to click with me.

    So far it's 3/3 even though Crave was admittedly unlucky to be beaten to #1 but i've been loving Rat City's track so much recently.

  20. #2520
    heppolo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 May 2009
    Location
    interchangeable
    Posts
    25,497
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 18th, 2019, 11:32

    17 (NE) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [1 wk] [#17] - very modern, catchy, radio-friendly stuff
    Waffles are checked cookies

  21. #2521
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 18th, 2019, 12:10

    Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    17 (NE) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [1 wk] [#17] - very modern, catchy, radio-friendly stuff
    Thanks heppolo

    It's been on my radar for a couple of weeks since it became a big hit in Australia. I actually thought Dominic was from Australia hence his success there (turns out he's american ). I can see this becoming quite a big hit in the coming months.

  22. #2522
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat May 18th, 2019, 19:16

    JakeP Top 20 (18th May 2019)



    01 (01) Rat City featuring Isak Heim - Kind of love [2 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    02 (NE) Avicii featuring Agnes & Vargas & Lagola - Tough love [1 wk] [#2]
    03 (NE) Lana Del Rey - Doin’ time [1 wk] [#3]
    04 (NE) Madonna featuring Quavo - Future [1 wk] [#4]
    05 (NE) Robin Schulz featuring Harlœ - All this love [1 wk] [#5]
    06 (04) Madonna & Maluma - Medellín [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
    07 (03) Madonna - I rise [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    08 (02) Madonna featuring Swae Lee - Crave [2 wks] [#2]
    09 (11) Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old town road [6 wks] [#3]
    10 (05) Shawn Mendes - If i can’t have you [2 wks] [#5]
    11 (06) Billie Eilish - bad guy [8 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
    12 (10) Will Young - All the songs [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
    13 (15) Sofi Tukker - Fantasy [4 wks] [#13]
    14 (NE) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I don’t care [1 wk] [#14]
    15 (17) Dominic Fike - 3 nights [2 wks] [#15]
    16 (07) Taylor Swift featuring Brendon Urie - ME! [4 wks] [#2]
    17 (09) Jax Jones & Martin Solveig present Europa featuring Madison Beer - All day and night [6 wks] [#4]
    18 (NE) David Guetta featuring RAYE - Stay (don’t go away) [1 wk] [#18]
    19 (08) Mark Ronson featuring Lykke Li - Late night feelings [5 wks] [#8]
    20 (18) Martin Garrix featuring Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer days [3 wks] [#11]

    The Hit Seeker


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •