Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Wed October 4th, 2017, 21:23

Quote Originally Posted by MusicJunk90
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_d
    Omg has anyone watched the season 5 finale? Best episode ever!! I'm still in shock over it. Absolutely delighted with how it played out!
    I just saw Season 5 finale. Absolutely epic...Incredible, but I wouldn't even say it's there best episode or best finale, I think Season 3 finale with the fire was even better, but both episodes are so so good. It was a good season but for me Bea's presence is still very much missed. Even though it was a great season, Bea was such an integral character to the show. Almost like Prison Break without Michael Schofield...just wouldn't work. But I'm still watching.
    Oh god, the season 5 finale was an absolutely beautiful pay off! Franky escapes, Liz serves Sonia the tea (literally) and Ferguson ends up buried alive by Will while Bea's face smiles down at her - I bet she wished she'd died in the hanging!

The tension in the last couple of episodes made up for a couple of quieter episodes mid-season, but it all came together brilliantly.

Bea's presence was missed but I think bringing Franky back inside helped a lot with that, although her plot ran alongside the main one making her a slightly side-lined character to the rest of the group. I'm really glad Doreen had a happy ending but I miss the foursome of Liz, Doreen, Boomer and Maxine - is Maxine gone for good? :(

Vera really came into her own this series and her character developed even further as she became embroiled with Jake - I like how we saw that she is still a highly moral, good person deep down when she saved Joan despite everything she'd done to her.

I also loved the episode where Kaz and Will crashed into the river as it marked a turning point for Kaz as a character - she became likeable and you could root for her.

The Happy Birthday Vera episode was the best episode of the season, when the Freak pulled out Juice's tongue and became top dog.

Cannot wait to see how they deal with season six - they've got huge boots to fill nemesis-wise in the aftermath of Ferguson.

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Tue July 3rd, 2018, 10:56

Season 6 is two episodes in and off to great start!

Sonia she is absolutely brutal.

I was getting fed up of Frankie on the run but the events at the end of episode 2 will hopefully kick things up a gear.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Wed July 4th, 2018, 23:44

I didnít even realise it started back...but caught up now !
    Great as ever...new characters are interesting too.

I wonder if Ferguson will somehow escape ?

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Fri July 6th, 2018, 09:39

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I wonder if Ferguson will somehow escape ?
    I think the fact that we have seen almost zero about her since she was buried means she definitely escaped!! That third episode was really good. Great that they resolved Frankieís storyline so early on.

Poor Ruby. Felt sorry for her but can understand why Spike did what she did.

Canít wait to see what Sonia has in store for Liz!
    Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Tue July 31st, 2018, 16:20

Poor Liz, Sonia is absolutely evil! I hope Liz isnít unwell and is just under immense stress. Really want Kaz to sort Sonia out before she has chance to be released.

I feel like itís heading towards Will going to dig Ferguson up and she wonít be there.

Itís been confirmed also that Season 7 will be the last!

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Thu August 2nd, 2018, 05:59

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Really want Kaz to sort Sonia out before she has chance to be released.
    Looks like your wish came true! Soniaís demise was pretty epic. I feel really bad for Liz. Itís quite upsetting to see her in such a bad place with her mind.

Devo over the next season being the last!

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon August 13th, 2018, 00:22

The Sonia-centric episode was so good, I was on edge throughout! Poor Liz though, it's gonna be so sad when she deteriorates :(

Latest episode... is the Governor really back and stalking Vera or is it somebody playing tricks?!

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Wed August 15th, 2018, 21:50

So now we definitely know the truth! I'm intrigued as to where this season's heading for the finale but I'm not particularly interested by the two frizzy-haired sisters.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Sat August 18th, 2018, 19:42

Yes it always seemed that to me that Joan was gonna have to have escaped. I know it hasnít been confirmed exactly but who else would be doing all these crazy things to Vera? I wonder who is in that grave? Perhaps itís a past cast member that is connected to the prison so Ferguson could frame them all.

I had 2 episodes to catch up on and they were both so good. I think it seems to be picking up pace now as I had found it a bit slow compared with previous seasons.

I do like the two sisters though. A nice addition to the show for me.

Liz is breaking my heart at the minute. So hard to watch her going through this and it seems worse it yet to come for her if the trailer for next week is any indication.

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Sun August 19th, 2018, 14:36

Oh I assumed it WAS the Governor in the grave at the end! I donít see why, if Joan escaped, sheíd put someone else in there?

Lizís demise will be so sad.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon August 20th, 2018, 06:10

^Perhaps youíre right about whoís body is in the grave. I just came to a different conclusion. If itís not Ferguson doing all the stalking, then who? Really looking forward to the big reveal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon August 20th, 2018, 10:59

I've been wracking my brains trying to work out who has been stalking Vera and I think it is Murphy. She certainly has a grudge against Vera after Vera set her up to take the fall when Bea was killed. She also worked in the secure unit where Ferguson was held and again in gen pop when Ferguson was put back on the wing. She could easily have overheard Vera's conversation relating to the epaulettes, and she would know about the magpie and Ferguson's penchant for black leather gloves.
    Ferguson turned Jake so why not Murphy? They could be working together especially if the writers want to keep Ferguson on the show.
    Pamela Rabe is a fantastic actress and although it did look as if it was Ferguson in the box i'm hoping she is alive and Murphy helped dig her up.
    Anyone think Marie will become top dog? No prisoner seems to last long in that role and if, as I suspect , Marie ends up with a much longer sentence due to the dirt files she has relating to her criminal activities, I can't see her playing second fiddle to Kaz especially with Drago as her muscle.

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Sun September 9th, 2018, 21:31

So it was Murpy! Bit of an anti-climax really, she was only a bit-part character. I'd forgotten all about her. However... the assassination what a fab twist.

The fight between Drago and Rita loved it! So brutal, and now Rita's got herself inside for real.

Vera kept the baby! I really thought she might've turned Will in at one point.

Liz's note

What happened to Juice this series? She disappeared halfway through.

It wasn't the best finale by any stretch but it's impossible to top last year's. I'm really disappointed the Governor didn't reappear in the end, after a series full of teases!

So the final series will be about Rita/Ruby v Mari, Kaz's struggle to stay Top Dog, Liz's demise, Boomer's release (hopefully) and Vera's pregnancy. I hope there's a happy ending for Vera and Will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon September 10th, 2018, 11:51

Glad I was right about Murphy. Didn't see the Channing killing her though!
    What a fight between Drago and Rita. Knew she would have to kill Drago to protect her sister. Rita's fast becoming one of my favourite characters.
    As to Ferguson, it seems as if the writers are still messing with us. Surely as Ferguson is in prison the police would have her fingerprints? Couldn't they just run them against the ones taken from the corpse found in the grave? As fingerprint checks are done digitally now the result could have been discovered very quickly. As to a DNA test, Ferguson has no family so where are they going to get DNA to test against the corpse?
    If the writers want her back I have no idea how they are going to explain Ferguson getting out of the box, finding someone who looks her, killing her, dressing her in her clothes and then putting her in the grave. Seems far too implausible even for the great writers of this show. As a Joan fan i'd love to see her back, but you can't insult the intelligence of the viewers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon September 10th, 2018, 19:04

Just watched episodes 11 and 12 again. Several things don't appear right regarding the Murphy blackmailing of Vera. Why does Murphy not mention the murder of Ferguson at all? The text she sent Vera just says 'I know what you did'. That could mean anything. It could mean she knows it was Vera who set her up when Bea got killed or even that she knows Vera killed her own mother. The picture she sent is the same, it's just 3 people standing around a grave. From where she was standing she could not have known it was Joan in the grave hence she isn't in the picture. When she goes to see Vera she doesn't mention the so-called murder at all. Why would she go to Vera's house if she thinks she's a murderer? Wouldn't she want to meet her in public. Why is she so calm? She sits down and lights a cigarette! Also, why when Vera says she can't give her the money she wants does she meekly accept a lesser amount? It doesn't make any sense. Did she really know Jake, Will and Vera killed Joan? Or could she have known all along Joan isn't dead because she's been working with her.
    When Vera double-crosses Murphy at the drop by not giving her the money we see Murphy making a phone call which we are supposed to assume is her calling the police, but Murphy never says she called the cops. Could she have been phoning Ferguson? Also the cops at the grave say they received an anonymous tip-off giving then co-ordinates to the grave. Does Murphy seem the type to give ' co-ordinates'. Sounds very precise to me like something Joan would do.
    When the police show Vera the pictures on their tablet of the body in the grave, very conveniently the hand of the corpse is obscuring part of the face. There's no sign of the scissors Joan had with her in the box or the sketch of Bea Smith. I can't help thinking Joan may have called the police because she wants the body in the grave found. No way would she want to go back to prison where the inmates tried to lynch her, Kaz wanted to kill her and the staff buried her alive. If the authorities think she's dead they won't search for her anymore. Just a thought, but don't be surprised if the Freak is resurrected very soon!

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Mon September 10th, 2018, 20:41

Interesting theories! Quite a few fans are slating the finale and can't believe the Freak never appeared. I don't know how they'd explain the body in the box tbh but I'm sure they could somehow do it justice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Tue September 11th, 2018, 11:08

I never believed Will could be a murderer, especially killing in such a heinous way. He didn't even do anything to Franky when he found out she killed his wife. He's the good guy in the show and i'm 100% sure Joan is still alive and has been working with Murphy. If she is alive she will be back to wreak revenge on Will, Vera and Jake for what they did to her. I'm wondering also if the fact Vera is pregnant may be relevant in some way. If Joan is dead why not just tell us so instead of dragging this out for another season? She's alive and will be back!
    Can't wait to see what twisted revenge she has in store!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Sat June 8th, 2019, 13:44

Season 7 is underway! You can definitely feel the cast is not as strong as it was across the first five seasons but I’m still pretty hooked. The end of episode two was a bit of a cliffhanger but I’m sure it won’t be as straightforward as it seems. Kaz is such a good top dog when she’s on her game.

Legend
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ Wed July 3rd, 2019, 21:45

Episode 4... Iím gutted. Really wondering what direction the rest of the season will go in now.