User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 227

Thread: UKMIX Countdowns - Request Thread (updated 06/01/18)

  1. #151
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 03-03-16, 23:27

    There has already been a countdown for David Bowie as part of matthew_dixon's 'Ultimate Chart' series a few years ago

  2. #152
    Carbon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jul 2013
    Location
    Zero Point
    Posts
    23,816
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 04-03-16, 13:06

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    There has already been a countdown for David Bowie as part of matthew_dixon's 'Ultimate Chart' series a few years ago
    but it didn't include his two newest albums and I didn't vote in it there should be one more proper one as a goodbye

    but i wouldn't object to any artist countdown tbh. i'd even vote in a Mariah one

  3. #153
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 04-05-16, 18:57

    I will be delaying my Ultimate Favourite Female Acts countdown by a couple of months as it would be pointless to run concurrently with Dustin's countdown.

    Will probably start it late summer.

  4. #154
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 04-05-16, 19:05

    I also think we only need one countdown running at a time (that includes voting and results). Exception would be if somebody took their sweet time posting the results and it ended up going on for months. But otherwise, I don't see the need to rush a very short queue and have concurrent countdowns. (That's why I didn't tell you to start the Aus one Affiliate)

  5. #155
    Affillate's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    03 Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,798
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 05-05-16, 01:59

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    I also think we only need one countdown running at a time (that includes voting and results). Exception would be if somebody took their sweet time posting the results and it ended up going on for months. But otherwise, I don't see the need to rush a very short queue and have concurrent countdowns. (That's why I didn't tell you to start the Aus one Affiliate)
    I was going off the prior 'down to it's top 10' rule/suggestion (even though I've waited until Dance was finished for a week or so before springing up the Aus/NZ one)

    I'm also getting better at not dragging it on by reducing some of the at times more painstaking aspects of my 2 previous countdowns (locating who gave what points, stitching together long-ass blurbs etc). Eurovision should be over by the time my new one closes voting and starts posting results if Sholasboy gets a move on from his current stall (only 36 to go).

  6. #156
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    23,089
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 22-06-16, 17:18

    An overview of the last countdowns (from 2014 until now):

    Favourite Bands/Duos/Groups 2015
    hosted by stevyy
    Ultimate Female Acts 2014
    hosted by Wayne
    Favourite Male Artists 2015
    hosted by CrazyCrazy
    Favourite Male Artists 2014
    hosted by Wayne
    Top Dance Anthems
    hosted by Affillate
    Top Disney Songs
    hosted by SholasBoy
    Top Glee Songs
    hosted by Affillate
    Top 100 Rappers Of All Time
    hosted by SholasBoy
    Top US Alternative Rock #1s
    hosted by Benny
    UK/US #1s of the 60s
    hosted by Benny
    UK/US #1s of the 70s
    hosted by Benny
    UK/US #1s of the 80s
    hosted by Benny
    UK/US #1s of the 90s
    hosted by biscuits
    UK/US #2s of the 90s
    hosted by Benny
    Debut Artists of the 2000's
    hosted by Rayjay92

  7. #157
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 28-08-16, 17:37

    Could SholasBoy and Affiliate please try to finish their countdowns, pls?

  8. #158
    Affillate's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    03 Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,798
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 28-08-16, 20:26

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Could SholasBoy and Affiliate please try to finish their countdowns, pls?
    Going to be adjusting my collage method slightly from #80... Bit Less mucking around with editing then (been having to crop and resize, plus photo bucket can really lag on my computer at times (needs an upgrade). ;) next update should be coming tonight.

    Thanks for that index too Benny btw, great work.

  9. #159
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    23,089
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 28-08-16, 20:39

    Quote Originally Posted by Affillate
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Could SholasBoy and Affiliate please try to finish their countdowns, pls?
    Going to be adjusting my collage method slightly from #80... Bit Less mucking around with editing then (been having to crop and resize, plus photo bucket can really lag on my computer at times (needs an upgrade). ;) next update should be coming tonight.

    Thanks for that index too Benny btw, great work.
    You're welcome! Looking forward to the rest of your countdown!

  10. #160
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 15:17

    Dustin is currently moving at pace with his countdown, I think I'll either start my Ultimate Female Acts countdown in early October with a view to finishing it during December [Christmas themed] or wait until the New Year.

    Open to any views if anyone has them [except for CrazyCrazy ]!

  11. #161
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 15:22

    I'd do the female countdown better than you, I should do it.

  12. #162
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 15:23

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    I'd do the female countdown better than you, I should do it.
    I will NEVER give it up.

  13. #163
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 15:29

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    I'd do the female countdown better than you, I should do it.
    I will NEVER give it up.

  14. #164
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 15:37

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Open to any views if anyone has them [except for CrazyCrazy ]!
    - Try to include some obscurer picks for the song choices [with links!], including albums (providing they are good obscurities).
    - Better graphical design (the last one was a nice idea but wasn't very easy on the eyes particularly regarding the text and mainly on the 2nd style you used).
    - Let someone co-work on the countdown with you, if you need help with song ideas, graphical ideas, someone to fill in on host duties.
    - Let me do it.

  15. #165
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  16. #166
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 29-08-16, 16:06

    I will not take a 2nd host - respectfully, I devote an awful lot of time to this countdown and I've built it into the biggest countdown we have and the credit goes solely to me.

    Take on board your advice about graphics - the issue is not the graphics but the internet image hosts; I always save in a HQ format but the hosts seem to massively reduce quality. Will look into a solution.

  17. #167
    Carbon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jul 2013
    Location
    Zero Point
    Posts
    23,816
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 04-10-16, 07:33

    so Female Artists Countdown starts when UKMix Fave Artists ends?

    looking forward to it! *already plans list*

  18. #168
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 04-10-16, 09:16

    I'm thinking of maybe having a bit of a gap.

    Will see - don't want to overload UKMIX!

  19. #169
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 05-10-16, 04:34

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    I'm thinking of maybe having a bit of a gap.

    Will see - don't want to overload UKMIX!
    A good idea I think.

  20. #170
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 10-10-16, 03:07

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    I'm thinking of maybe having a bit of a gap.

    Will see - don't want to overload UKMIX!
    A good idea I think.
    Or not

  21. #171
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53,598
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 10-10-16, 05:38

    There is a gap though - I won't be starting it until December.

    I just want to get the voting done.

  22. #172
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 05-12-16, 18:31

    In gonna unpin the Eurovision and Australia countdowns. Making the forum look untidy, and with the female countdown starting soon, it's gonna be too crowded at the top of the page.

    Also, please try finish these countdowns soon.

  23. #173
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    52,791
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 26-12-16, 00:45

    bizzy, i want to do the UKMIX Favourite MALE Artists Countdown again. I am ready to start at any day now. Give me the green light as soon as possible.

  24. #174
    biscuits's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Feb 2010
    Location
    The Diva
    Posts
    48,978
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    by 26-12-16, 00:46

    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    bizzy, i want to do the UKMIX Favourite MALE Artists Countdown again. I am ready to start at any day now. Give me the green light as soon as possible.
    We will wait for females to finish first

  25. #175
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    52,791
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by 26-12-16, 00:50

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    bizzy, i want to do the UKMIX Favourite MALE Artists Countdown again. I am ready to start at any day now. Give me the green light as soon as possible.
    We will wait for females to finish first
    Okidoke <3

    the next edition of the MALES Countdown will be very emotional with so many male legends passing in 2016.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •