Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears - Piece of Me [Vegas Residency & 2018 Tour]

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 08:21

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    Quote Originally Posted by kushi
    Yep. From twitter: "The meet and greet package is $1500. The fan package is $500."
    On top of that it'll only be a quick hi and awkward picture with her hands together infront of her since she doesn't like touching fans Not worth $1500 tbh
    she was like that only on FF, she has changed since that, watch some recent interviews and then say something.

Legend
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 15:02

Her prices are between $59-$179 - which makes it one of the cheaper shows in Vegas [Bette, Cher, Céline, Elton, Shania - these all charge, or have charged $250 for their top tickets] - up to 4,600 tickets will be released per show.

She will be performing a setlist of 21 songs.

Kurt Melien, VP of entertainment at Caesars Entertainment gave an interview and spoke in detail about the show - was reading it on Billboard's Bulletin earlier.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 15:13

According to Britney herself, the show will have "snow, water and rain".

And she'll be in Vegas for about 2 weeks every month.
    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 15:47

She doesn't even want to stay there so what's the point in this residency anyway? Overpriced tickets, neglected international fans, possible financial loss.. .that's all i can think of. :(
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 16:02

Quote Originally Posted by joiPrince_JO
    She doesn't even want to stay there so what's the point in this residency anyway?
    Because she and her family are stable in LA. If she's only performing a couple times per month, why move everything, uproot her kids from their school and also distance them from their father??

Overpriced tickets
    Ummmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Her prices are between $59-$179 - which makes it one of the cheaper shows in Vegas [Bette, Cher, Céline, Elton, Shania - these all charge, or have charged $250 for their top tickets] - up to 4,600 tickets will be released per show.
    possible financial loss...(
    She's making a couple of hundered thousand per show. That's not exactly a financial loss. It's way more money than she'll ever make off album and single sales.

neglected international fans
    That's the only potential downfall to this. But let's get real, she wasn't going to promote much internationally anyway. And I don't think there's much demand for a new Britney tour the moment. This could help her build up anticipation to get another big tour like TCSBS.
    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 16:10

[quote=samra]
    She doesn't even want to stay there so what's the point in this residency anyway?
    Because she and her family are stable in LA. If she's only performing a couple times per month, why move everything, uproot her kids from their school and also distance them from their father??

Quote Originally Posted by "joiPrince_JO":10rzcyht
    Overpriced tickets
    Ummmmm....

possible financial loss...(
    She's making a couple of hundered thousand per show. That's not exactly a financial loss. It's way more money than she'll ever make off album and single sales.

neglected international fans
    That's the only potential downfall to this. But let's get real, she wasn't going to promote much internationally anyway. And I don't think there's much demand for a new Britney tour the moment. This could help her build up anticipation to get another big tour like TCSBS.[/quote:10rzcyht]

Still, Britney Spears doesn't belong to Las Vegas. She has tons of international fans who already have been neglected in the past few years, especially during the FF era. She's not 50 years old and not an artist who couldn't sell out venues overseas. The Vegas audience is not hers. I'm sure the first few shows will all be sold out but the hype will die down at some point. There are fans who can't afford a trip to Vegas. Including myself. The deal prevents her from performing outside Vegas, i mean what is this? So the era just ends after the album release?
    ? Girls' Generation ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 16:44

The deal does not prevent her from performing for international fans - a Vegas deal like this simply means that she cannot perform in North America whilst contracted to this Vegas show, without the prior consent of her employer in Vegas: she can still perform internationally as much as she wants without consent as long as it doesn't interfere with her contracted dates in Vegas.

Legend
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2013, 16:48

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    The deal does not prevent her from performing for international fans - a Vegas deal like this simply means that she cannot perform in North America whilst contracted to this Vegas show, without the prior consent of her employer in Vegas: she can still perform internationally as much as she wants without consent as long as it doesn't interfere with her contracted dates in Vegas.
    Exactly! And she's still allowed to do promotional performances in North America, just not full concerts where tickets have to be bought for.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Tue September 24th, 2013, 09:41

Quote Originally Posted by dik
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2430158/Bad-news-Britney-Spears-Sales-dismal-singers-Las-Vegas-amid-reports-lip-syncing-rep-says-true.html
    false

tickets are selling well http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/ ... ao.twitter

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Tue September 24th, 2013, 12:30

That interview is the cutest and best interview i've seen since 2003.
    ? Girls' Generation ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Tue September 24th, 2013, 22:08

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 50m
    To @britneyspears fans: ignore vicious rumors All untrue! 1) Britney tickets selling very well & 2) Britney will sing live in @phvegas shows

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Tue September 24th, 2013, 22:17

^ 2nd part, #iRefuse

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Wed September 25th, 2013, 08:17

E! Online ?@eonline 6h
    #EXCLUSIVE: Britney Spears' Sin City gig is "the best selling show in the history of Vegas!" http://eonli.ne/18ojIbo

Legend
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

by » Wed September 25th, 2013, 08:18

Quote Originally Posted by nickf1
    E! Online ?@eonline 6h
    #EXCLUSIVE: Britney Spears' Sin City gig is "the best selling show in the history of Vegas!" http://eonli.ne/18ojIbo
    No, its not.

What kind of PR damage control is this shit? Her manager should just let the boxscores do the talking in a few months instead of posting shit like this.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Wed September 25th, 2013, 20:03

There are conflicting reports out about ticket sales for Britney Spears' Vegas concerts ... some are saying sales are disastrously poor ... Brit's people are saying "it's the best-selling show in the history of Vegas." TMZ now has the numbers, and it's pretty clear -- Britney is about to own Vegas.

Britney will be performing 48 shows a year for the next 2 years -- according to the contract obtained by TMZ. Tickets are available now for the first 16 shows. We've been on dozens of calls with StubHub, Ticketmaster and Planet Hollywood's box office among others ... and here's what we're told.

For the first 16 shows ... a total of 73,600 tickets were up for sale. The number of tickets actually sold are impressive -- 70,242.

Of the available, remaining, 3,358 tickets, 2,887 are in the nosebleed section.

We can't vouch for this being the best selling show ever in Vegas, but it's definitely up there.

Britney sources have told us they're actually talking about adding shows, and if that happens Britney will rake in even more than the $15 mil a year she's already guaranteed.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/25/britney-s ... hollywood/
    You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Wed September 25th, 2013, 20:10

^ Legend

Legend
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

by » Thu September 26th, 2013, 00:53

Cool the demand for the show is high
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Thu September 26th, 2013, 01:18

Quote Originally Posted by nickf1
    Quote Originally Posted by dik
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2430158/Bad-news-Britney-Spears-Sales-dismal-singers-Las-Vegas-amid-reports-lip-syncing-rep-says-true.html
    false

tickets are selling well http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/ ... ao.twitter
    Daily Mail are always negative... :x

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by » Thu September 26th, 2013, 16:18

Billboard: First off, let's clear the air about whether Britney Spears will be lip-syncing during her Las Vegas residency shows. Can you set the record straight on this subject?

Larry Rudolph: She's going to be singing live. She does choreography and vocal coaching every day. The vocal coaching is really just to strengthen her voice and get her to a point where she can go out there every night and do a full show.

It's hard for the public to fully understand what goes on when you get on stage and you're dancing full out during a song. No matter what anyone says, there's not a single artist who goes out there and does full choreography and is singing without a vocal track underneath them at the same time. It's physically impossible. We're just trying to build up her stamina and get her to a point where she can do as much as humanly possible. The idea is to try to get her pretty close to 100%. There might be some numbers where she's full out dancing with a (vocal) track underneath her, but there won't be any lip-syncing across the board on anything.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -new-album

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu September 26th, 2013, 16:22

They've never talked that much about her lipsynch mainly in US. Now they talk about it and say there will be live singing. I'm in Britheaven.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Thu September 26th, 2013, 17:02

Her team has been claiming hat she's singing live since 2000, so why put so much emphasize on that now?
    ? Girls' Generation ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

by » Sat September 28th, 2013, 22:24

I love that the Vegas shows will have a band.

I really missed that during the Femme Fatale Tour.
    It just gives more life and oomph to the music.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Sun September 29th, 2013, 05:35

Quote Originally Posted by ECE
    ^ 2nd part, #iRefuse
    Yeah, but #iDontCare is she lipsyncs, I'm not here for her sounding like a dying cat when she's dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again