Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,268 of 1268

Thread: Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly)

Legend
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

by » Fri January 11th, 2019, 19:25

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    R Kelly's attorney's statement is everything

“Mr. Kelly appreciates that she recognized his immense talent and collaborated with him to help her career, but finds it regrettable that she is now exploiting this controversy to try and help her in her effort to win an Oscar,” Greenberg shared.

Help her career? This almost killed her career back in 2013/2014. I am sure the video would have faced a massive backlash.
    Maybe so, but at the time I dont hink she thought like that. Applause was a decent-sized hit, but nothing too big or special, and she wanted to give the era a boost with a controversial bop and video that might have gone viral.

I mean, I don’t blame her that much because sooner or later people would start getting outraged and digging up this collab from her past (like they do over anyone’s old tweets etc) which could damage her career and the reputation she has been carefully fixing since Cheek To Cheek up to now. So this is very obvious and understandable pre-damage control while she’s still ahead.

It still doesn’t seem sincere, though, pretty much a calculated move to avoid future backlash and get a reputation boost now during the Oscars.

Just my impression of her though, maybe (hopefully) she’s purely genuine and motive-less.

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Fri January 11th, 2019, 20:48

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    R Kelly's attorney's statement is everything

“Mr. Kelly appreciates that she recognized his immense talent and collaborated with him to help her career, but finds it regrettable that she is now exploiting this controversy to try and help her in her effort to win an Oscar,” Greenberg shared.

Help her career? This almost killed her career back in 2013/2014. I am sure the video would have faced a massive backlash.
    Maybe so, but at the time I dont hink she thought like that. Applause was a decent-sized hit, but nothing too big or special, and she wanted to give the era a boost with a controversial bop and video that might have gone viral.

I mean, I don’t blame her that much because sooner or later people would start getting outraged and digging up this collab from her past (like they do over anyone’s old tweets etc) which could damage her career and the reputation she has been carefully fixing since Cheek To Cheek up to now. So this is very obvious and understandable pre-damage control while she’s still ahead.

It still doesn’t seem sincere, though, pretty much a calculated move to avoid future backlash and get a reputation boost now during the Oscars.

Just my impression of her though, maybe (hopefully) she’s purely genuine and motive-less.
    Funny thing is that wasn't it rumored that this single release basically made a timebomb go off for her professional career? I mean if I remember it correctly the original plans were to release Venus, which Gaga desperately wanted to release as she had a whole scedule in mind. But because DWUW did well as promo single and better than Venus, her label (and management) quickly jumped on DWUW and made it the next single. I mean I just looked back through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and people joked about the fact that Gaga probably recorded a controversial video to sabotage the song, and eventually it never saw the light of day and the footage that leaked looked like it was made to push all the wrong buttons This whole single release eventually made her part ways with her manager and if I remember it correctly also had her talk about 'restarting the era' in the way she wanted with what eventually resulted in the G.U.Y. video. During the whole ARTPOP era she mentally was in a very odd place, both in her weird way she talked about her music, as the way she tried to fight her old manager.
    It may be calculated and damage control and for some people not genuine but there is truth in that statment aswell.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

by » Sat January 12th, 2019, 04:45

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper
    This whole single release eventually made her part ways with her manager and if I remember it correctly also had her talk about 'restarting the era' in the way she wanted with what eventually resulted in the G.U.Y. video. During the whole ARTPOP era she mentally was in a very odd place, both in her weird way she talked about her music, as the way she tried to fight her old manager.
    The G.U.Y. video was also a big statement, there is a LOT of symbolism to what she was going through towards her management particularly the beginning of the extended video (the wounded angel, the healing procession and rebirth 'Venus' section) and the whole storming the offices subplot towards the end with her G.U.Y. army or whatever it was. There's a few subjective analysis' floating around about it. heres one interpretation touching on the management side of things in youtube form:

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Mon January 14th, 2019, 07:05

I like the Christina version **shrugs**
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Fri January 18th, 2019, 22:24

This is the best song Gaga has ever done. EVER.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

by » Fri January 18th, 2019, 22:27

Yes it’s still a bop, but at what price?
    Quote Originally Posted by aRatchet View Post
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

by » Sat January 19th, 2019, 15:51

Quote Originally Posted by Guru

Not when she has songs like Poker Face, Paparazzi, The Edge of Glory in her arsenal. As for this, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Sun January 20th, 2019, 09:03

A big LOL at Christina Aguilera thinking that the reason why this song (with her) climbing up the charts was due to women sticking up for women!

It is such a pathetic way of trying to ride on the sudden interest on the song, which has nothing to do with her or her feminist views, in the first place.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Sun January 20th, 2019, 09:18

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    A big LOL at Christina Aguilera thinking that the reason why this song (with her) climbing up the charts was due to women sticking up for women!

It is such a pathetic way of trying to ride on the sudden interest on the song, which has nothing to do with her or her feminist views, in the first place.
    Pathetic? she is sticking up for another Woman who she respects and agrees with what she said, how is that pathetic?

Christina is speaking about something she has viewed first hand and experienced herself, I love that she actually has an opinion on things and doesn't just sit on the sidelines like so many other artists.

She is a lot of things but pathetic is not one of them.

The Diva
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

by » Sun January 20th, 2019, 09:24

Ever since this got pulled, it pops up on shuffle without fail every time I open up my library

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sun January 20th, 2019, 09:38

Quote Originally Posted by ludichris
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru

Not when she has songs like Poker Face, Paparazzi, The Edge of Glory in her arsenal. As for this, good riddance to bad rubbish.
    No comments from the peanut gallery please
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sun January 20th, 2019, 09:39

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Ever since this got pulled, it pops up on shuffle without fail every time I open up my library
    Your library is shook!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Sat March 2nd, 2019, 22:08

Now that R Kelly is unfolding, can someone just leak this damn video!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

by » Sat March 2nd, 2019, 22:33

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Now that R Kelly is unfolding, can someone just leak this damn video!!!
    Gaga probably burned the damn tapes

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 04:58

One of her best songs even though it feature R Kelly
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 22:59

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    One of her best songs even though it feature R Kelly
    yeah it's probably even her best to me
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 17:26

I must say I play the Christina version more these days, though I still want an original Xtina/Gaga song

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Fri June 21st, 2019, 16:52

The Xtina version is painful
    Forever Young