Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lily Allen - Hard Out Here

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 08:32

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDream View Post
    One of her best songs, so sad she never performs it any more due to her problems during the “Sheezus” era. She should be proud of this song, it’s a masterpiece.
    What problems?
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 10:07

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    What problems?
    She had a lot of alcohol and drug issues during the “Sheezus” era, which were basically caused by the problems with her label during that time. She was not satisfied at all with the way her label handled the whole era. And the whole alcohol stuff eventually also lead to her divorce. This part of her career is also dealt with in the book she released last year. But yeah, that’s the reason she doesn’t perform any songs from “Sheezus” anymore - not because she hates all of the songs, but because it reminds her of that difficult time in her life.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)

by » Wed August 21st, 2019, 10:16

^Would be better if she just owned it and performed the songs. Especially HOH because it's such an IDGAF anthem and a middle finger to the studio/label anyway.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Manager
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 12:56

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    ^Would be better if she just owned it and performed the songs. Especially HOH because it's such an IDGAF anthem and a middle finger to the studio/label anyway.
    I agree. I mean I understand that she doesn’t want to perform songs like “As Long As I Got You” and “L8 CMMR” anymore since they are dedicated to her ex-husband. But songs like “Hard out Here” or “URL Badman” aren’t related to her marriage, so it’d be cool if she still performed them. Maybe she just needs a few more years until she can really forget about the troublesome times from the “Sheezus” era.