Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Spotify

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 18:54

Can we see how many times we played a song on Spotify? If so, where? Thanks.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 08:41

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Can we see how many times we played a song on Spotify? If so, where? Thanks.
    Not within Spotify. You can sign up to last.fm and connect your Spotify account and it’ll track what you listen to.

Legend
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 09:04

Spotify did do that end of year add on though which allowed you to track your most played songs on the app according to just last year’s plays.

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 10:01

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Not within Spotify. You can sign up to last.fm and connect your Spotify account and it’ll track what you listen to.
    I don't know what last.fm is and it's banned here anyway
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 24th, 2019, 20:00

With some technical skills you can set up a "fake last.fm" to track spotify plays without actually using last.fm (at least on desktop).

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 29th, 2019, 15:47

Spotify said Monday that it has reached 100 million paid subscribers. The big reveal headlines the streamery’s Q1 earnings release.

Source 1: http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316211
    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 01:23

Had to delete the app from my notebook because it crashed all the time. I have no problem using the webplayer... does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix it? I am scared to re-install the app.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 12:20

Can anyone confirm whether this £99 annual offer is working for them? It gives you 12 months for the price of 10, similar to the Apple Music annual plan. I've tried to purchase it but it won't let me.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/brands/spotify-uk-99

Edit: Nevermind, it has expired. I'm not sure why Spotify have not matched Apple's pricing plan yet. I may have to switch.
    Last edited by ludichris; Sat May 11th, 2019 at 12:24.

Legend
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 21:52

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    Had to delete the app from my notebook because it crashed all the time. I have no problem using the webplayer... does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix it? I am scared to re-install the app.
    I have the same problem with the app on my smartphone. I have deleted it several times and re-installed it, but it keeps on crashing. Now I just look at the stats when I'm on my laptop.
    My personal chart new female singer... at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 17:06

A power couple...

Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Spotify Deal to Produce Exclusive Podcasts

President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are the latest to jump into the podcast game, under a pact with Spotify to produce a series of podcasts exclusively for the streaming platform.

Under the multiyear deal between Spotify and Higher Ground Productions, the former first couple’s production company, Barack and Michelle Obama are set to develop, produce, and lend their voices to select podcasts on a wide range of topics. The agreement is with Higher Ground Audio, a new division of the Higher Ground production company, that is housing the Obamas’ move into podcasts.

The Obamas formed Higher Ground last year, saying their goal is to foster new, diverse voices in the entertainment biz. The couple has a multiyear deal with Netflix to produce original scripted, unscripted and documentary series and films and earlier this spring announced seven initial projects in development.

Spotify will distribute the Obamas’ podcasts worldwide to its paid and ad-supported user base. In the first quarter, Spotify said it had 100 million Premium subscribers and more than 217 million monthly active users overall.

“We’ve always believed in the value of entertaining, thought-provoking conversation,” President Obama said in a statement provided by Spotify. “It helps us build connections with each other and open ourselves up to new ideas. We’re excited about Higher Ground Audio because podcasts offer an extraordinary opportunity to foster productive dialogue, make people smile and make people think, and, hopefully, bring us all a little closer together.”

Michelle Obama said, “We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to amplify voices that are too often ignored or silenced altogether, and through Spotify, we can share those stories with the world. Our hope is that through compelling, inspirational storytelling, Higher Ground Audio will not only produce engaging podcasts, but help people connect emotionally and open up their minds — and their hearts.”

The companies didn’t provide details on specific projects the Obamas may be planning for Spotify at this point. According to Spotify, the programming will encompass “a diverse slate of original podcasts.”

For Spotify, the deal with Obamas extends its new push into podcasting, to diversify its audio-entertainment mix beyond music. Spotify also sees better economics and user engagement through a roster of exclusive podcast content, compared with ubiquitously licensed songs from music companies.

“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are two of the world’s most important voices and it is a privilege to be working with them to identify and share stories that will inspire our global audience, which looks to Spotify for unique, breakthrough content,” said Spotify chief content officer Dawn Ostroff, who joined the company a year ago from Condé Nast.

In 2019, Spotify said, it expects to invest $400 million-$500 million in podcasting. That includes the acquisition of two podcasting companies — producer Gimlet Media and services provider Anchor FM Inc. — for around $337 million. Then in March, Spotify acquired Parcast, an L.A.-based scripted-entertainment podcast studio.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 02:29

Why do so many people prefer Spotify? I had it for a few days and I thought it was pretty chaotic.

Apple Music for the win.

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 15:08

I thought the opposite, Apple Music combined itself with my iTunes and made everything look like vomit. I cancelled immediately and went straight back to Spotify.

Legend
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 23:16

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Why do so many people prefer Spotify? I had it for a few days and I thought it was pretty chaotic.

Apple Music for the win.
    I can't compare. But I am very happy with Spotify. Not a fan of Apple anyway.

Legend
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 23:17

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post

Apple Music for the win.
    I can't compare. But I am very happy with Spotify. Not a fan of Apple anyway.