Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 375

Thread: Spotify

  1. #26

  2. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    02 Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Wed December 11th, 2013, 20:59

    Thank you. What a great feature to merge topics.

  3. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2001
    Location
    Somewhere else.
    Posts
    29,063
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

  4. #29
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,745
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 01:09

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgostar
    Oh Chun, you make me giggle.
    He scares me.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

  5. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    02 Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 01:20

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgostar
    Oh Chun, you make me giggle.
    He scares me.
    No it does not seem right like you read it, now after it has been merged. I made a new thread and was all alone posting, only some other Chuns helped me out.

  6. #31
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,745
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

  7. #32

  8. #33

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 01:41

    Sotify issued the Review of the Year https://www.spotify.com/us/2013/

    Daft Punk's Get Lucky holds the record for most plays in a day - 1,5 million

    The most streamed song ever is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Thrift Shop with over 150 million plays.

    The most played female artist of the year is Rihanna, the most played male Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Most popular band are Imagine Dragons and most popular playist is Billboard Hot 100.

    The most popular track of the year is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Can't Hold Us and they also have the most popular album of the year with The Heist

    Most viral track (not sure what that means) is Get Lucky, while the most viral new artist is Lorde.

    Also some random playlist hits:
    Best one hit wonder - Vanilla Ice Ice Ice Baby
    Best driving songs - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
    Best party starter - Avicii Levels
    Best song to get over an ex - Adele Someone Like You
    Best guilty pleasue - Journey Don't Stop Believing
    Best hangover cure - Bruno Mars The Lazy Song
    Best work-out song - Survivor Eye of the Tiger
    Best Monday song - The Bangles Manic Monday

  9. #34
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,745
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 13:46

    Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-?

    Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

  10. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Oct 2006
    Location
    Tidal.com
    Posts
    21,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 13:51

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-?

    Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
    you can also listen for free on your pc/laptop (and soon on mobile) there are short ads every now and then, though
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

  11. #36
    Cmyk's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2009
    Location
    Poland/Polska
    Posts
    4,767
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 14:02

    Quote Originally Posted by Merci
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-?

    Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
    you can also listen for free on your pc/laptop (and soon on mobile) there are short ads every now and then, though
    Unless you listen to the older stuff. Then ads are very rare.

  12. #37
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 14:06

    ^ Yes, but only half a year, afterwards it's limited to 10 hours.
    My six months are gone now, but I chose their current special "Premium free for one month" and afterwards I guess I will choose the 4.99 EUR option.

    Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
    I thought the same, but you can listen to 99% of the music that is available to buy (except some special bonus tracks of international editions, sometimes)! And this is crazy! You don't have to always select a new song on YouTube, you don't have to play YouTube videos that you actually only want to listen to, you can make easily playlists, you can create your own radio channel according to what you like, you can easily scrobble to Last.fm.

    I love it. Since I use Spotify, I listen to way more music A N D I discover way more music, because you always have the overview of the complete discography of an artist

    And the best thing: It's a good thing to do something legal. And to support the artists. I know they earn less than from buying a CD, but I have for instance Katie Melua and Tony Bennett on my playlist, I really enjoy listening to their albums but I'd never buy an album of them. So now, they earn money with me

  13. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Oct 2006
    Location
    Tidal.com
    Posts
    21,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 14:51

    10 hours a day or a month?
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

  14. #39
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Thu December 12th, 2013, 20:23

    A month, unfortunately. Well, will be enough for some. It's not enough for one day for me

  15. #40
    Manager
    Join Date
    30 May 2008
    Location
    Star Command
    Posts
    4,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by Sat December 14th, 2013, 16:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai
    ^ Yes, but only half a year, afterwards it's limited to 10 hours.
    My six months are gone now, but I chose their current special "Premium free for one month" and afterwards I guess I will choose the 4.99 EUR option.

    Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
    I thought the same, but you can listen to 99% of the music that is available to buy (except some special bonus tracks of international editions, sometimes)! And this is crazy! You don't have to always select a new song on YouTube, you don't have to play YouTube videos that you actually only want to listen to, you can make easily playlists, you can create your own radio channel according to what you like, you can easily scrobble to Last.fm.

    I love it. Since I use Spotify, I listen to way more music A N D I discover way more music, because you always have the overview of the complete discography of an artist

    And the best thing: It's a good thing to do something legal. And to support the artists. I know they earn less than from buying a CD, but I have for instance Katie Melua and Tony Bennett on my playlist, I really enjoy listening to their albums but I'd never buy an album of them. So now, they earn money with me
    I signed up the very first day it was available in the UK and now have a premium mobile account.

    It is absolutely the best way to listen/discover music.

    The only people who worry about not owning the music will be people who have not tried. I am an old fart that had thousands of CDs. Seventy five percent of them have now gone to the charity shop and the rest are gathering dust on a shelf. Ten years from now virtually nobody will be buying CDs and nowhere will sell them. The need to own music is understandable but short term.

  16. #41
    JimJim's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    27,153
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    by Sun December 15th, 2013, 02:58

    I disagree, I've had it for a year or so and think it's great and all, but I still want the mp3s. In fact, most of the time I find myself going off to buy the stuff or ripping it from Spotify if I can't find it elsewhere.

  17. #42
    CrazyCrazy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53,745
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

    by Sun December 15th, 2013, 03:03

    ^ Exactly.

    Listening on my antique iPod Classic >>>> streaming

    This is good for the listen before you buy policy though.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

  18. #43
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    78,469
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

    by Mon December 16th, 2013, 03:02

    I hate the idea of streaming one day counting toward the charts, it's as unfair as airplay. I could rant all day about it.

    Anyway, I never use Spotify anymore because a) I hate the adverts and refuse to buy premium mainly because b) I find the format clunky and it crashes too much and c) the catalogue isn't actually that brilliant, a lot of songs I search for they only have karaoke versions.

    Deezer and Grooveshark, despite beign browser-based and relying on a good net connection (which I have) >>>> Spotify

  19. #44
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Tue December 31st, 2013, 13:37

    Grooveshark is not available in Germany :(

    Why do you prefer Deezer?

  20. #45
    Cmyk's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    06 Jan 2009
    Location
    Poland/Polska
    Posts
    4,767
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by Tue December 31st, 2013, 13:42

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai
    A month, unfortunately. Well, will be enough for some. It's not enough for one day for me
    It's free again. My music GOD is free again!

  21. #46
    Manager
    Join Date
    30 May 2008
    Location
    Star Command
    Posts
    4,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by Wed January 1st, 2014, 00:10

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    I hate the idea of streaming one day counting toward the charts, it's as unfair as airplay. I could rant all day about it.

    Anyway, I never use Spotify anymore because a) I hate the adverts and refuse to buy premium mainly because b) I find the format clunky and it crashes too much and c) the catalogue isn't actually that brilliant, a lot of songs I search for they only have karaoke versions.

    Deezer and Grooveshark, despite beign browser-based and relying on a good net connection (which I have) >>>> Spotify
    There is a huge difference between airplay and streaming one day counting towards the charts. One is a select few imposing their playlists on the rest of us, the other reflects the listening preferences of the service consumers.

    I have the mobile version which means I can download and listen without a internet connection. That also allows me to share the account with other family members without any real disruption...most of these services are on a per user basis.

  22. #47

    by Wed January 1st, 2014, 01:21

    In Malaysia, Spotify has launched in April 2013. Spotify within Asia is very different, they did not have the Unlimited account type and the listening time after six months in Asia will remain unlimited.
    1 MALAYSIA, Rakyat Didahulukan, Pencapaian Diutamakan

  23. #48
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,174
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

    by Fri January 3rd, 2014, 01:24

    Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    The most played female artist of the year is Rihanna, the most played male Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
    And 2013 was a flop year for her.

  24. #49
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Thu January 16th, 2014, 11:54

    Spotify cancelled the restriction to listen to music for free users. Until yesterday, free users were restricted to listen to music after their six-month-trial. Depending on the country, you could only listen between 2.5 and 10 hours of music at your computer. Now there is no restriction anymore, because Spotify earns enough with ads and premium users.

    This is a milestone in the streaming history because Spotify is the first and only streaming service to do so.

    http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/01/15/n ... yourmusic/

  25. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Oct 2006
    Location
    Tidal.com
    Posts
    21,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by Thu January 16th, 2014, 12:31

    Yaaaaass

    January 16, 2014 that day will go DOWN in historih!

    one small step for spotify, one giant leap for streaming!
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •