HALCYON
    -- 49 AGAINST ME! TOTAL TREBLE 5,509 --
    TRANSGENDER DYSPHORIA BLUES
    39 50 JASON ALDEAN BROKEN BOW 5,287 -13%
    NIGHT TRAIN

Comment

• fridayteenage
      • 24 Oct 2013

A year ago I wouldn't have guessed that Lorde and Katy Perry's albums would outlast Eminem (pending final SS #s) and One Direction's in T10 weeks.
      I suppose future singles could change that...

Comment

• danbarj
        Legend
        • 01 Dec 2008

Originally posted by fridayteenage
        A year ago I wouldn't have guessed that Lorde and Katy Perry's albums would outlast Eminem (pending final SS #s) and One Direction's in T10 weeks.
        I suppose future singles could change that...
        Hey, some debut higher... some sell in the long term. Eminem works more off of a fanbase, hence his high debut and great follow up weeks... but he has no single to sell it. TM certainly didn't do much. Katy and Lorde are working moreso with casuals every week... especially Lorde who is knew.

He's still not doing anywhere near shabby. He's doing quite well!
        I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• fridayteenage
          • 24 Oct 2013

I didn't say he's not doing well, but their fans like to brag about how Eminem and 1D are strong album artists, while Katy's haters kept calling her a singles artist and saying that TD should have sold way more cuz of its # of smash singles.

Lorde and Eminem both had one smash hit, plus one moderate hit for Lorde and a smattering of moderate hits for Eminem who has a built-in brand from over a decade of success. It's esp impressive for Lorde as It's harder for new artists to do so well b/c they don't have a built-in fanbase.

Comment

• truthless
            Legend
            • 24 Apr 2011

Well. Eminem is an album artist. But without doing anything doesn't help either.

@danbarj. Look at the receipts please... Recovery still sells and is still inside the Billboard 200 Album chart. It's not like Recovery sold it's sales just in the first weeks. It had a great long run. He sold also in the long run... I mean those 4,6m copies weren't sold just in 2 months. (If you directed your post towards his album sales in general).

In comparison to Recovery, MMLP2 is doing disappointing. I agree. But there is no promo since SNL. There's still no new single (Headlights still wasn't sent to radios... And nothings happening so far). He didn't appear at the Grammy's to perform. He had the opportunity, as he was nominated. But he didn't appear. His usual tactic, being visible for a month and disappear again won't longer work. Although he was more visible during Recovery... VMA's, SNL, Grammy's...

Katy appeared at the Grammy's. She promoted on every single big show. Her second single is currently at number 1 on Itunes. Obviously she would sell good.

Comment

• danbarj
              Legend
              • 01 Dec 2008

Originally posted by truthless
              Well. Eminem is an album artist. But without doing anything doesn't help either.

@danbarj. Look at the receipts please... Recovery still sells and is still inside the Billboard 200 Album chart. It's not like Recovery sold it's sales just in the first weeks. It had a great long run. He sold also in the long run... I mean those 4,6m copies weren't sold just in 2 months. (If you directed your post towards his album sales in general).

In comparison to Recovery, MMLP2 is doing disappointing. I agree. But there is no promo since SNL. There's still no new single (Headlights still wasn't sent to radios... And nothings happening so far). He didn't appear at the Grammy's to perform. He had the opportunity, as he was nominated. But he didn't appear. His usual tactic, being visible for a month and disappear again won't longer work. Although he was more visible during Recovery... VMA's, SNL, Grammy's...

Katy appeared at the Grammy's. She promoted on every single big show. Her second single is currently at number 1 on Itunes. Obviously she would sell good.
              Truthless - I knew the receipts before commenting. I was speaking ONLY about THIS album. I specifically mentioned TM. Recovery had NA and LTWYL supporting it... sales aside, airplay aside, they were arguably bigger in impact and selling the album than TM and Berzerk. Atleast that's my perception.

That's the difference between this album and his last -- not saying EVERY Eminem album sells its bulk in 2 months. I'm saying THIS album sold mostly from his fanbase and some help from singles, moreso than the last - which drew a larger part of his fanbase and a lot more weekly casual buyers AROUND the world and in the US.

I already addressed Katy and Lorde's sales consistency down to their hits and promotion. So, I don't see why you needed to restate that.
              I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• truthless
                Legend
                • 24 Apr 2011

(If you directed your post towards his album)
                Hence why I wrote that too. You should write it out then. I wasn't sure if you were on about his sales in general or just the current album.

Yeah alright. I get your point and I agree with you.

Originally posted by danbarj

I already addressed Katy and Lorde's sales consistency down to their hits and promotion. So, I don't see why you needed to restate that.
                I just wanted to point out why she sells so good right now. That was more directed to fridayteenage and not to you.

Comment

• toni_pest
                  Legend
                  • 19 Apr 2007

29 14 MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS MACKLEMORE 18,113 +96%
                  HEIST

slay

Comment

• danbarj
                    Legend
                    • 01 Dec 2008

Hence why I wrote that too. You should write it out then. I wasn't sure if you were on about his sales in general or just the current album.

I just wanted to point out why she sells so good right now. That was more directed to fridayteenage and not to you.
                    Okay buddy! LOL, we were on the same page from jump it seems...

Comment

• fridayteenage
                      • 24 Oct 2013

I don't think it's totally obvious that Katy would still be T10.
                      Her album which is *about to* get its 2nd #1 (plus a single that missed T10) has already spent more weeks in the T10 than her last album which scored 6 #1s (plus 2 songs that peaked in the T3).

Comment

• truthless
                        Legend
                        • 24 Apr 2011

Okay buddy! LOL, we were on the same page from jump it seems...
                        Oh true .

No probs anyway.

Comment

• Spiderpig
                          Manager
                          • 09 Oct 2007

Originally posted by fridayteenage
                          I don't think it's totally obvious that Katy would still be T10.
                          Her album which is *about to* get its 2nd #1 (plus a single that missed T10) has already spent more weeks in the T10 than her last album which scored 6 #1s (plus 2 songs that peaked in the T3).
                          Well she's obviously way bigger now than she was in 2010.

Comment

• revel8
                            Personal Assistant
                            • 15 Feb 2013

Amazon.com offering some amazing discounts right now.

Lorde, Drake, Kacey Musgraves, Gary Clark Jr, Kanye, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran all available for $1.99 on mp3
                            Taylor's Red, Lana Del Rey, Hunter Hayes, Kendrick Lamar all available for $3.99 on mp3.

Should see a big boost for all those albums.
                            'Heartbreak is a National Anthem, We sing it proudly.'

Comment

• floria
                              Legend
                              • 12 Jun 2010

YOUR ONE-DAYS: The pertinent new releases this week are few, as the focus remains heavily on Grammy winners and performers. Speaking of which, the 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation appears to be giving Disney's Frozen soundtrack some strong competition for #1 next week. Here are this week's key debuts:

Casting Crowns (Provident) 65-75k
                              Of Mice & Men (Rise) 45-55k

Speaking of Grammy sales bumps, Beyonce, Lorde, Daft Punk and Kacey Musgraves occupy the iTunes Top 10 albums chart, while the broadcast version of "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons f/Kendrick Lamar has charged up to #3 on the singles side. "Drunk in Love" from Beyonce f/Jay Z, John Legend's "All of Me," Lorde's "Royals" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" are not far behind. All in all, seven of the Top 10 singles at iTunes were performed on the Grammys. (1/29p)

Comment

• thebigham
                                Legend
                                • 16 Aug 2005

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... lboard-200

'Grammy Nominees' Album Aiming for First No. 1 on Billboard 200
                                By Keith Caulfield, L.A. | January 29, 2014

Soundtrack to GRAMMY Awards could sell 85,000 copies to top the chart

The long-running "Grammy Nominees" compilation series may nab its first No. 1 next week on the Billboard 200 chart.

Industry sources suggest that the new "2014 Grammy Nominees" compilation -- which boasts an array of artists and songs honored at this past Sunday's GRAMMY Awards -- may sell upwards of 85,000 by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Feb. 2.

The collection is basking in the glow of the Jan. 26 GRAMMY Awards, which will no doubt push a great many titles up the list next week.

This past week, it debuted at No. 2 on the chart -- the long-running series' highest debut ever -- with 59,000 sold. The "Nominees" series has twice reached No. 2 -- with this year's edition and the 2013 effort.

The new Billboard 200's top 10 will be revealed on Wednesday, Feb. 5.

Also in contention for the No. 1 slot next week is the soundtrack to Disney's "Frozen." The set is currently sitting atop the Billboard 200 -- its third non-consecutive week at No. 1. It sold 93,000 in the week ending January 26, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Frozen" could benefit from the reissue of its parent film as a sing-a-long movie on Friday, Jan. 31. The new print (complete with a bouncing snowflake to help audiences sing along) will bow in more than 2,000 movie theaters, and will be accompanied by a major TV advertising campaign.

In terms of debuts on the Billboard 200 next week, look for the group Casting Crowns to score possibly the highest new entry, with its new album "Thrive."

Industry sources suggest the album could sell upwards of 75,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Feb. 2. That sum should secure it a spot somewhere in the top five.

The group's last studio set, 2011's "Come to the Well," debuted and peaked at No. 2 -- marking the act's second album to peak in the runner-up slot. "Come to the Well" sold 99,000 in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. In total, the act has charted four top 10 sets, stretching back to 2005's "Lifesong," which debuted and peaked at No. 9.

Comment

• floria
                                  Legend
                                  • 12 Jun 2010

YOUR TOP 15: As expected, Grammy winners and performers are plentiful in next week’s Top 15; in fact, nine of the 15 below either won, performed or both on the telecast. The 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation get the slight edge today for #1. Disney’s Frozen soundtrack, however, is a very close second and could be the spoiler for Atlantic’s first #1 album since June of last year, one of only three weeks in which the label sat on top in 2013. Here’s how it looks headed into the weekend:

2014 Grammy Nominees (Atlantic) 90-95k
                                  Frozen (Walt Disney) 85-90k
                                  *Casting Crowns (Provident) 70-75k
                                  Lorde (Lava/Republic) 65-70k
                                  *Of Mice & Men (Rise) 50-55k
                                  Beyonc? (Columbia) 40-45k
                                  Imagine Dragons (KidinaKorner/Interscope) 30-35k
                                  Kacey Musgraves (Mercury Nashville) 30-35k
                                  Daft Punk (Columbia) 30-35k
                                  Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Macklemore) 24-27k
                                  Andy Mineo (Reach) 24-27k
                                  Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 21-23k
                                  Katy Perry (Capitol) 21-23k
                                  Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 18-20k
                                  Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 18-20k
                                  Kendrick Lamar (Aftermath/Interscope) 15-17k
                                  Jennifer Nettles (Mercury Nashville) 15-17k
                                  Bastille (Virgin) 15-17k

*Debuts

Meanwhile, the Grammy noms comp features tracks by key Republic, Columbia, Interscope, RCA, Capitol, Epic, Mercury Nashville, Capitol Nashville, Warner Nashville, Big Machine and indie artists, but only two by acts actually signed to Atlantic. Just sayin’. (1/30p)

Comment

• toni_pest
                                    Legend
                                    • 19 Apr 2007

I expected somewhat bigger Grammy effect on Daft Punk and Macklemore, even Lorde

Comment

• danbarj
                                      Legend
                                      • 01 Dec 2008

The Grammy effect for everyone is disastrous! Welcome to 2014!

Hey, atleast Lorde and DP will be at 1 million in a few weeks.

Comment

• danbarj
                                        Legend
                                        • 01 Dec 2008

Katy and Beyoncé possibly decreasing this week after MONSTER performances - probably the two most mainstream appealing... :-? Says little about them (when we look at everyone) and says A LOT about the horrible market and industry!

Plus a lot of snow attacking the North and Southeast coast of the US!

Gold takes on new meaning... it is definitely the benchmark for US album success now. Going platinum is a special achievement!

Comment

• Haribo
                                          Legend
                                          • 02 Feb 2012

^ Gold should be 250K and platinum 500K.

Comment

Working...