Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scent of the Day

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:22

I love perfumes and have a small collection of favorites. I like light, ethereal and nature inspired perfumes.

What is your fragrance of the day?

Scent of the Day: Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio

Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:23

M by Mariah Carey. It makes me smell like Candy.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:25

for real? I use a deodorant and aftershave occassionally and that's it

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:30

Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    I do'nt know who you are talking to. I was joking with MC thing obviously (Although I have all her perfumes, I'm obliged as a fan). I don't wear them though.

You never use perfume? I always use deodorant and perfume. Well the latter not always (not when I go sporting for example lol).

I always use Bvlgari. Two different kinds of it. Tried some other brands in the past, but I feel like this one really fits me and I love the smell of it. Im sticking with this one for a while already.

P.S. Wasn't there already a thread about this in the past? I think I already posted there .
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:35

Quote Originally Posted by MichielMC
    I do'nt know who you are talking to. I was joking with MC thing obviously (Although I have all her perfumes, I'm obliged as a fan). I don't wear them though.

You never use perfume? I always use deodorant and perfume. Well the latter not always (not when I go sporting for example lol).
    Wasn't talking to you, but to the thread in general, like anyone has that many perfumes to have a 'perfume of a day'

And nope, don't own a perfume atm, don't feel like throwing my money on it and no one ever gives me gifts (and if someone actually bought me a perfume as a gift I wouldn't like it ).
    Am I weird for that? I never thought of it as something essential?

Legend
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:41

me too. perfumes are such a waste of money (exception may be "Perfume" by Britney. go and buy it from UTunes )

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:43

Wasn't talking to you, but to the thread in general, like anyone has that many perfumes to have a 'perfume of a day'
    Lol true... Now that you say it .

Am I weird for that? I never thought of it as something essential?
    Dunno actually... And why should you be weird because of that? Most of the men I know wear it I think, on the other hand it's not like I am smelling them up all the time.

Do alot of males around you wear it?
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:47

[quote=toni_pest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "toni_pest":5a7b6jhi

And nope, don't own a perfume atm, don't feel like throwing my money on it and no one ever gives me gifts (and if someone actually bought me a perfume as a gift I wouldn't like it ).
    Am I weird for that? I never thought of it as something essential?[/quote:5a7b6jhi]

haha, yes, I have that many to have a perfume for a day

of course, perfume is a luxury, it is not essential;
    Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:52

Quote Originally Posted by jszmiles
    me too. perfumes are such a waste of money (exception may be "Perfume" by Britney. go and buy it from UTunes )
    do what you like I say. It is the same for people who waste their money on wine, makeup, cheese, creating their home theater, buying smartphones, camera lens, collecting stamps, drugs, beer and other material pursuits in life.

it is a luxury you will not die if you do not have those things

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 00:55

And why should you be weird because of that? Most of the men I know wear it I think, on the other hand it's not like I am smelling them up all the time.

You made it sound like it's weird not using one

Don't know if other men wear it, not exactly a topic I talk about with anyone.

I think if I did own one I'd only wear it for special occasions, dates or something.

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:00

Don't remeber the last time I owned perfume or used one. :-?
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:02

And why should you be weird because of that? Most of the men I know wear it I think, on the other hand it's not like I am smelling them up all the time.

You made it sound like it's weird not using one

Don't know if other men wear it, not exactly a topic I talk about with anyone.

I think if I did own one I'd only wear it for special occasions, dates or something.
    Yeah sorry I'm tired! You know what I meant! It's silly to talk in words of 'weird' & 'normal' talking about perfume So it's needless to say what I think about it. As Jumpingjack00 pointed out it's just one of those materialistic items.

I think you're fine unless everyone is fainting around you because of your male body scent .
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:04

I think you're fine unless everyone is fainting around you because of your male body scent .
    Sometimes that's better than suffocating in someone's overused perfume.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:07

Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Well yeah the argument of fainting also applies in this case .
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:12

maybe time to visit the perfume counter and explore unknown territories of the department store

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:26

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingjack00
    maybe time to visit the perfume counter and explore unknown territories of the department store
    That sounds like nightmare, having to chose one of the million wonderful scents, not to mention the price...nah. I'll keep it like I did till now, trying not to be stinky and having neutral smell.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:29

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingjack00
    That sounds like nightmare, having to chose one of the million wonderful scents, not to mention the price...nah. I'll keep it like I did till now, trying not to be stinky and having neutral smell.
    I will agree that it can be an overload, but maybe once you get older you might start appreciating cologne a bit more & want to buy yourself one.

P.S. Wasn't there already a thread about this in the past? I think I already posted there .
    You rang? Suppose this one is a bit different, so I'll let it slide...

Haha....my aunt has a habit of suffocating people with whatever perfume she's oversprayed with. I try not to do that.

I don't have a signature scent. Just begun to build a perfume collection again after years of not wearing any. Got these 3:

Such a cute bottle. The least worn out of the 3 because I'm convinced my bottle smells a bit different to the ones in the department stores.

The first one I picked up when I started the collection. Gorgeous woody floral scent that I haven't got sick of yet.

My favourite of the 3 - great scent for summer IMO. I think they may have discontinued this one, which I would be sad about because I love wearing it. So nice & fresh. Also love the ombré bottle.

I think most guys stick with deodorant tbh & that's it. Haven't known too many guys who wear cologne, but I do appreciate the right kind of scent on a guy.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 01:34

I'm a girl and I don't wear perfume. I just can't be bothered. :-? And I have allergies so a lot of it sets them off.
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 09:01

since not everyone is perfume a fan, I will just feature a favorite perfume house everyday

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 09:07

Our mission is for our clients to experience True Emotion. A unique and extraordinary experience designed so that clients discover the world of French high perfumery. A perfumery of Emotion and Creation, embodied in magnificent products and places that promote sharing and discovery.

We hope to share our emotionally-rich authentic history - to share the excellence of the unique heritage of our olfactory creations and offer a timeless moment of happiness and poetry, an enchanting break.

In 2013, the Annick Goutal House opted for a quiet revolution which builds on the bedrock of its heritage, as well as its power of emotion: a seamless transition, a sustainable breath of fresh air towards a new chapter.

A Know-How of French High Perfumery

Out of a desire for authenticity, the bottles, products and packagings are made exclusively in France by expert craftsmen, resulting in an exceptional finesse in its detail. The finishing decorative touches are, most of them, all done by hand, each one conveying a memory in the creator’s life.

As Annick Goutal liked to point out “luxury is in the details”. High Perfumery Know-How combined with a retro-chic style reflecting the unique, timeless world of Annick Goutal.

A universe of Emotion

Discovering the world of Annick Goutal is a unique experience. The secret of Annick Goutal lies in her talent for transforming emotions into fragrances. Each perfume tells a story, embodies a real moment: the memory of a loved one, a significant event or a moment of happiness, a magical place. Or it may be inspired by nature which she loved so much. “Each of my fragrances was born from an instant of my life, an emotion, a very intense moment of communication with nature. Thanks to the gift I have been given, I am in the very fortunate position of being able to take what I receive, translate it through the harmony of fragrance and pass it on in my own way.”

For Annick, creating perfume was an act of love, a quest of eternity. Love, like music, was her true reason to live. “Love is everything. You must never forget that in the end, the purpose of the perfume is to make you happy. I always have tried to do good, with much love. » Through her creations, Annick Goutal wanted to express her joy of living and make the world more beautiful. She composed her fragrances to deliver well-being and happiness. She naturally followed her instinct and her sense of beauty.

Today Camille and Isabelle create perfumes in the same spirit, with total creative freedom.

http://www.annickgoutal.com/en/home.aspx

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 10:50

Dolce "The One".

It's my scent everyday though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Superstar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 11:07

I haven't got a perfume bottle, but I've got some monsters which I use when I go out clubbing or just feel like it. I like odours with lemon in it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 11:19

Like Toni said, don't have a perfume, I only use deodorant. I don't really feel the need to, I'm not going anywhere fancy.

Speaking of deodorants, am I the only one that actually thinks Axe smells good? I don't know why everyone is against it, I find it much less agressive than some other smells.

Legend
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 13:09

Quote Originally Posted by mrlemonade
    Speaking of deodorants, am I the only one that actually thinks Axe smells good? I don't know why everyone is against it, I find it much less agressive than some other smells.
    Axe africa is good, but the rest are :-?
    Garnier minerals >>>>>

I don't actually care tho, as long as they don't smell bad

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 13:29

Quote Originally Posted by mrlemonade
    Axe africa is good, but the rest are :-?
    Garnier minerals >>>>>
    I always use axe as deodorant... Axe marine ftw .
    Last.FM
    Instagram