Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scent of the Day

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 13:31

I’ll never tell, tell on myself but I hope she smells my Axe body spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 13:33

Quote Originally Posted by kushi

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 13:33

Cute, but you had better jokes in the past!
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 14:27

Quote Originally Posted by MichielMC
    Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlemonade
    Speaking of deodorants, am I the only one that actually thinks Axe smells good? I don't know why everyone is against it, I find it much less agressive than some other smells.
    Axe africa is good, but the rest are :-?
    Garnier minerals >>>>>
    I always use axe as deodorant... Axe marine ftw .
    I am a bit of a snob, so I have never sprayed AXe body spray in my life I think that is weird. All my life, I was using a natural deodorant, the unscented type. Now, I can even get away with no deodorant or antiperspirant since Asians smells naturally odorless even when we sweat (Filipino) --not all asians though middle eastern asians have fumigating body odor
    Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 14:33

Axe? It's called Lynx over here and it's foul, it's the sort of deodorant you'd get in your stocking for Christmas when you're 13.

As for aftershave, I have a selection of about 5 that I vary using day to day. Oddly enough, my favourite at the moment is actually 'Intense' from Next - nice and cheap.

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 14:39

Scent of the day? For me it's more like two scents for the whole year.

+ the one and only

tbqh I only use them for 'special occasions', having a strong odor - naturally or by perfume - pretty much is a turn-off for me
    I'd like to think that we live in a kind of motion
    Where our hands and feet are here to stay

Snakadaktal (2009-2014)

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 14:56

Cute, but you had better jokes in the past!
    lmao

I love that bawn-chica-bawn-bawn Axe.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 15:29

Now I feel like a member of 1D because I wear Axe. What a mess.
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 15:34

What?

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 15:37

Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    What?
    Because:

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Axe? It's called Lynx over here and it's foul, it's the sort of deodorant you'd get in your stocking for Christmas when you're 13.
    Last.FM
    Instagram

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 15:59

Oh, I see. Yeah, that was a bit harsh. lol

Superstar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 19:07

Today it's Clinique Happy.
    You can check my favorites here http://www.fragrantica.com/member/44296/
    Haven't been early since '88

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 20:30

The entire Axe range makes me want to puke. There is a guy in the gym I go to, who uses the Axe Chocolate or whatever and he uses it in such a terrible way - As in, sprays it after he's sweaty and stinky, and that smell mixes with his stench and I just want to puke whenever I see him approaching the machines I'm working out on.

My scent of the day would be

Dans ce convoi de larmes
    Je te dédie ma mort
    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Legend
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 20:37

I call Zayn! There, you're not the only one, I really like how Axe smells. I tried some others, but they were horrible, including Old Spice which is overrated imho

Quote Originally Posted by lundpop
    The entire Axe range makes me want to puke. There is a guy in the gym I go to, who uses the Axe Chocolate or whatever and he uses it in such a terrible way - As in, sprays it after he's sweaty and stinky, and that smell mixes with his stench and I just want to puke whenever I see him approaching the machines I'm working out on.
    I'm pretty sure the problem is not actually within the spray, but within the way he uses it. Even the most perfect scent would smell dreadful if sprayed directly onto the sweat, this is literally how not to use it

I'm getting kinda tired of Axe, though, I've been using it for a long time and need a change, but can't find anything else I tolerate.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon February 17th, 2014, 23:51

I'm using Hugo Boss In Motion for years now... love it.

by » Tue February 18th, 2014, 00:11

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    great collection you have there
    Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

by » Tue February 18th, 2014, 00:28

The Different Company

Founded in 2000 by Jean-Claude Ellena and Thierry De Baschmakoff (designer), The Different Company has successfully established itself in the market of the Haute Parfumerie with a unique signature: a brand that defies the codes of perfumery by celebrating the pleasure of the senses and the beauty of trails.
    Today, The Different Company embodies the Haute Parfumerie in its most noble meaning. The brand yearns to explore new territories of creation, and extract its quintessence. The Different Company always scrupulously makes sure to create trails without accepting any compromise with product excellence, by letting the creators totally free and by always exploring further.
    The Different Company beauty is an attitude, a quest for perfection that magnifies an olfactory sense of the difference. The fragrances tell their desire to be unique and modern, while existing only to appeal because we believe above all that the pleasure is the purpose of the perfume.

Perfumers

Jean Claude Ellena
    The smell is a word. The scent is literature.” Jean-Claude Ellena Diary of a perfumer.
    Born in Grasse and son of a perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena is very early associated with the mysteries of perfumery. After studying at Givaudan, he composed his first creations for famous brands (Van Cleef and Arpels, Bulgari, Cartier, Hermes…) that quickly became successful. First nose to take part in the adventure of The Different Company, its approach has been to use natural ingredients, not very present in the traditional perfumes. Jean-Claude Ellena offers olfactory writings rich in imaginary references but always refined, in a desire to evoke the reality rather than to describe it.

Celine Ellena
    “In my stationaries travels I am looking for the inspiration that allows me to work on unique sensations.”
    After studying linguistics and psychology, Céline Ellena, like a worthy heiress, joined a prestigious perfume school, the ISIPCA, and quickly became a perfumer for well-known perfume companies. These early years provided her with the curiosity of observing the word, an analytical finesse spurred on by enthusiasm and joie de vivre which transpires through all her creations. By exploring dreamlike horizons and encouraging the discovery of new sensations, Celine Ellena composed for The Different Company fragrances marked with the spontaneity and poetry that defines her.

Bertrand Duchaefour

For Bertrand Duchaufour, building is about deconstructing, distorting the olfactory principles by playing on their very own nature. Before becoming independent, he was a perfumer for prestigious brands (Dior, Lalique, Acqua di Parma…) for a long time. He creates the fragrance as a work of art, an unstable olfactory equilibrium, reflection of contemporary and timeless emotions. In 2011, he joined The Different Company to write a new olfactory chapter.

My favorites from the brand:

Sublime Balkiss:
    http://world.thedifferentcompany.com...,4,BALK931.cfm

De Bachmakov
    http://world.thedifferentcompany.com...4,BACH1131.cfm

Sel de Veitiver
    http://world.thedifferentcompany.com...,4,VETI531.cfm

by » Tue February 18th, 2014, 04:21

scent of the day: Mandragore Pourpre

An olfactory creation born of the fascination felt by Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen for the mandrake. A mysterious and spellbinding plant, which, according to many legends, had magical and aphrodisiac virtues in ancient times. Its roots have a human-like shape. Mandragore Pourpre : a fragrance that fuses aromatic and Cyprus scents.
    Illustrating a darker and more mysterious facet of the mandrake, this new perfume is different from the original Mandragore whose fragrance is based on refreshing and woody scents. A contrasting interpretation for an ode to mystery. A spicy, sensual and captivating composition.

Creation date : 2009 Olfactory Family : Aromatic (Chypré), (Bergamot, Star Anise, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Patchouli, Incense, Heliotrope)

something about the brand: Annick Goutal was a pianist and model. Once, while working with perfumers on the creation of a facial cream, she discovered her calling—perfume. In 1980 she was ready to launch her first fragrance collection. In the mid-1980's her company was bought by the Taittinger Group, which was later bought by Starwood Capital.

Annick Goutal passed away in 1999 and since then her daughter Camille, to whom she dedicated one of her fragrances, has continued the work of her mother and continues to successfully create fragrances, together with the perfumer Isabelle Doyen.

Designer Annick Goutal has 48 perfumes in our fragrance base. The earliest edition was created in 1980 and the newest is from 2013. Annick Goutal fragrances were made in collaboration with perfumers Isabelle Doyen, Camille Goutal, Annick Goutal and Francis Camail.

by » Wed February 19th, 2014, 00:18

Clinique Happy for Men
    Cool. Crisp. A hit of citrus. A refreshing scent for men. Wear it and be happy.

Clinique Happy by Clinique is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Top notes are lime, green notes, mandarin orange, lemon and sea notes; middle notes are freesia, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are cypress, musk, guaiac wood and cedar.

Something about the brand: Clinique is a cosmetics line founded by the Estee Lauder company in 1968. Inspired by a Vogue magazine article in which a dermatologist discussed the importance of skin care, Evelyn Lauder shared the article with her mother-in-law, Estee, and also reached out to the beauty editor and dermatologist who participated in the article. The Clinique line was developed with their input, and made its debut in August 1968 at Saks Fifth Avenue.

The company's products were the first cosmetics line to be allergy-tested and dermatologist driven. Today, the products are 100% fragrance-free. All products in the line go through extensive testing are held to rigorous standards regarding allergic reactions.

The name "Clinique" is French for "clinical," and the clinical and dermatological image of the brand is further enhanced by the trademarked white lab coats worn by its sales associates. Clinique's approach is based on the cleanliness and hygiene of the skin, and its 3-step skincare systems for a variety skin types are one of its most notable products.

Clinique also markets cosmetics and fragrances as part of its line. The first Clinique fragrance, Aromatics Elixir, was introduced in 1971. This distinct fragrance which just celebrated its 40th anniversary has been a signature scent for multiple generations of women. In spite of the enduring popularity of Aromatics Elixir, the company's best-selling fragrance is actually Happy, introduced in 1997.

This zesty citrus-floral scent bounced into the national consciousness through a series of lively television ads featuring the Judy Garland song, "Come on Get Happy," which was said to have inspired its name. The name, the advertising and the fragrance struck a chord with American women of the late 20th century. Bottles flew off the shelves as the fragrance's popularity soared, and Happy would eventually spawn a men's edition as well as a series of flankers.

Designer Clinique has 25 perfumes in our fragrance base. The earliest edition was created in 1971 and the newest is from 2014. Clinique fragrances were made in collaboration with perfumers Bernard Chant, Laurent Le Guernec, Trudi Loren, Jean-Claude Delville, Rodrigo Flores-Roux, Christophe Laudamiel, Olivier Polge, Olivier Cresp and Raymond Matts.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed February 19th, 2014, 00:27

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky
    hold up!

Quote Originally Posted by Chun
    I'm using Hugo Boss In Motion for years now... love it.
    I lovelovelove this, was my fave in 2003, but I guess it's rare to find now
    last time I bought one was 5 years ago, I think
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

by » Thu February 20th, 2014, 00:11

Bvlgari Extreme pour Homme

Bvlgari Extreme by Bvlgari is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are coriander, lavender, galbanum, tea, grapefruit, neroli, petitgrain and bergamot; middle notes are nutmeg, pepper, balsam fir, guaiac wood, brazilian rosewood and cardamom; base notes are iris, sandalwood, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

I like this fragrance, one of the best grapefruit fragrance.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by » Thu February 20th, 2014, 02:10

Quote Originally Posted by lundpop
    My scent of the day would be

Hey, I have this!
    can you commit to be my everything?

by » Fri February 21st, 2014, 00:31

Scent of the Day: Sublime Balkiss

A chypre without Oak Moss offering a fabulous bouquet of delicate, velvety Violet Leaves, Damascus Rose and mysterious, warm Patchouli. Fascinating, elusive and moving.

Top Notes: Violet Leaves from Egypt, Bergamot.
    Middle Notes: Damascus Rose from Bulgaria, Blackcurrant, Lily of the Valley, Lilac.
    Base Notes: Patchouli, Heather, Cocoa Powder.

....mouthwatering bergamot, astringent cassis and blackberries stage the juicy, slightly raspy opening burst; damascene rose, lily of the valley and lilac provide the soft floral heart, with a lashing of green violet leaves and heather; two different types of patchouli grounding the composition. One is the traditional essence of patchouli; the other, more unusual one, is a fraction of patchouli essential oil, which brings out the cocoa facets of the heart notes

by » Sat February 22nd, 2014, 00:35

Scent of the day: Armani Diamonds for Men

Top notes are bergamot and guaiac wood; middle notes are vetiver, cedar and sichuan pepper; base notes are cacao and amber.

smells sweet-citrus on the drydown, not long lasting but a good easy to wear light fragrance